NATION

PASSWORD

Beta 006: Lifespan

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lillorainen
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lillorainen » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:19 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Lillorainen wrote:My nation's lifespan would rise from 41 to 65 years, if this change was implemented right in this moment, and I'm quite in favor of this - I always found it unrealistic, that in a nation like Lillorainen, where public healthcare and welfare are a huge thing, the crime rate is at a basically-nonexistent level, and basically nobody lives below the poverty line (with the poorest 10% still earning ~130,000 Marks a year), the life expectancy is lower than in RL Sierra Leone. Even with Lillos swearing like old sailors, having to cross the entire country to find a spot of untouched nature, and preparing cash for a 'service charge' when meeting officers, 41 years is ridiculously low, especially with Lillorainen's level of scientific advancement.

Maybe that official 'death rate' for your nation actually covers up a rather high, but not officially acknowledged, rate of emigration to nations with better environments & less corruption?
8)

So people get declared dead in the moment they just leave the country? Interesting ... ;)

Joking - I know, that you're just getting creative at explaining how my stats come into being, no worries - after all, I usually explain the high obesity with "We just know where the fat has to go, so you won't see many obese people on the street!", and the low religiousness with "the World Census guys are just biased and don't consider Norse Paganism a real religion!", and so on. ^^ I think, I've already had such kind of discussion with some player who insisted on using other nations' NS stats in RP, no matter whether they actually use them ...
Last edited by Lillorainen on Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Since Lillorainen's geography is currently being overhauled a 'tiny' bit, most information on it posted before December 12, 2018, is not entirely reliable anymore. Until there's a new, proper factfile, everything you might need to know can be found here. Thank you. #RetconOfDoom (Very late update, 2020/08/30 - it's still going on ...)

VoVoDoCo
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby VoVoDoCo » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:06 pm

Welsh it LOL my life expectancy is going to go from 64 to 27. Rip
Are use voice to text, so accept some typos and Grammatical errors.
I'm a moderate free-market Libertarian boomer with a soft spot for Agorism. Also an Atheist.

I try not to do these or have those. Feel free to let me know if I come short.

Wesleyisbestnationhere
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Wesleyisbestnationhere » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:39 am

im all for this please get it going asap :)

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:44 am

VoVoDoCo wrote:Welsh it LOL my life expectancy is going to go from 64 to 27. Rip

Mine is going to rise from 30.13 to 91.15, likely because the environmental impact on the stat is getting nerfed, while health spending and economic strength are going to have more impact.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:38 am

My nation is going from 20.65 to 21.12 years, which possibly goes to show that if your environment is bad enough it can be truly lethal.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:My nation is going from 20.65 to 21.12 years, which possibly goes to show that if your environment is bad enough it can be truly lethal.
That, or the environment isn't the only horrible thing in your nation.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:44 am

Trotterdam wrote:
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:My nation is going from 20.65 to 21.12 years, which possibly goes to show that if your environment is bad enough it can be truly lethal.
That, or the environment isn't the only horrible thing in your nation.

You're possibly right, but we have GREAT online shopping.

Dungeon
Secretary

Founded: Nov 23, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Dungeon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:44 am

Indeed. Mine will change from 22.94 to 23.64. They can only make our dystopian wastelands so habitable :P

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:54 am

The New California Republic wrote:
VoVoDoCo wrote:Welsh it LOL my life expectancy is going to go from 64 to 27. Rip

Mine is going to rise from 30.13 to 91.15, likely because the environmental impact on the stat is getting nerfed, while health spending and economic strength are going to have more impact.

Mine drops, roughly the same numbers at each end [but swapped-over] as yours... :(
(I admit that it was probably rated & ranked too highly to start with, and wasn't RPed as being quite so good anyway, but that was due to differences between the species' "natural" lifespans...)
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Rainbowsix
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rainbowsix » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:56 am

mine goes from 61.48 to 90.08.. this is amazing :bow:
This nation doesn't represent my views... this nation represents what I imagine the game Rainbow Six Siege would be like if made into a country
Freedom is never free, so remember those who died for it
My political view down here (updated 2/25/20)
https://www.isidewith.com/profile/4179624586/parties

Lord Dominator
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:19 pm

Dungeon wrote:

Indeed. Mine will change from 22.94 to 23.64. They can only make our dystopian wastelands so habitable :P

Personally I got mine to drop from around ~20 to around ~19. The hundred point boost to both the score and my ranking for death rate was also great :p

VoVoDoCo
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby VoVoDoCo » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:42 pm

*sigh*

At least I got another 1% trophy :lol2:
Are use voice to text, so accept some typos and Grammatical errors.
I'm a moderate free-market Libertarian boomer with a soft spot for Agorism. Also an Atheist.

I try not to do these or have those. Feel free to let me know if I come short.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:33 pm

Interesting to note is that my absolute values for Lifespan and Development Index went up, but my rankings went down because other nations' went up even more. I'm now no longer #1 in my region. (Still #2, but...)

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:09 am

Trotterdam wrote:Interesting to note is that my absolute values for Lifespan and Development Index went up, but my rankings went down because other nations' went up even more. I'm now no longer #1 in my region. (Still #2, but...)

I lost my top 5% trophy due to similar reasons...
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:13 am

Trotterdam wrote:Interesting to note is that my absolute values for Lifespan and Development Index went up, but my rankings went down because other nations' went up even more. I'm now no longer #1 in my region. (Still #2, but...)

This is a desirable and intended outcome. While many countries in the RL world do have short lifespans, it's not because of their nation's lack of environmentalism. The average of the NS world was crazy low, especially for a lot of industrialised nations who have recurrently prioritised health.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical