NATION

PASSWORD

[CLOSED DRAFT] International Currency Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Huskana
Civilian

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

[CLOSED DRAFT] International Currency Act

Postby Huskana » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:30 pm

So I've read everything that everyone has sent in replies so far, and yeah. I'm not devastated, you have to start somewhere, learn better from mistakes than you do successes. I've canceled in posting this for further response. Thanks to those who assisted in showing what was the MAJOR issues. If you want to read what was of it, go right ahead. Not the greatest thing in the world.

International Currency Act
A resolution to develop industry around the world.

Category: Advancement of Industry
Area of Affect: Protective Tariffs
Proposed by: Huskana

Description: The World Assembly

Recognizes
that each nation contains their own form of currency, with each their own design and monetary value.

Aware of the transfer of funds necessary when changing monetary funds from one sovereign nation to another.

Concerned for the amount of WA Nations that exist, the amount of necessary work to process, audit, and transfer funds from one currency to another, to each of their own.

Believes that WA Nations are discouraged from trade due to formalities in trading currencies from different customs to each of several different nations.

Hereby,

Article I - Currency

a) Defines trade as an exchange of currency for a product or service, whether international or domestic.

b) Establishes the International Monetary Currency (IMC).

c) Mandate that all international trade be required through the payment in IMC.

d) Exception to Clause C occurs when international trade occurs with any non-WA Nation that does not accept the use of IMC.

e) Encourages the use of IMC in domestic trade, although not required.

f) Clarifies that the WA Nation is not bounded to change its national currency to IMC.

g) Also Clarifies that although domestic trade is optional, but preferred, all international trade must be traded by use of IMC except in times of the declared exception.

h) Requires all WA Nations to contain safe and transferable methods for changing currencies from IMC to the national currency of the nation, vice versa, and any other currency exchange that the nation offers.

Article II - Value and Holdings

a) Establishes the General Assembly Economics Group (GAEG), to work with the tasks described.

b) Tasks GAEG with establishing the monetary value of the IMC based on principles of global trade, transfer values of other currencies to each other, and any other methods they deem worthy to consider for establishing value to IMC, as well as the printing and distributing of IMC.

c) Also Tasks GAEG with working with WA Nations in improving the value of their own national currency, logging the value of all WA Nations currencies by the same means as the IMC, as well as the WA Nation's reporting, and ensuring that each WA Nation has a substantial amount of IMC credits to be in stable compliance with this act.
Last edited by Huskana on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:20 pm

Why is this even necessary?

Current system: two nations buy stuff and exchange money
Proposed system: one nation, to buy from another, must first convert their capital to this IMC, give it in exchange for goods, then it is converted by the recipient into their own money.

Well, that certainly streamlines things.

You seem to be assuming that no nation, ever, has had experience in converting currencies.

We also fail to see the purpose of printing and distributing this IMC. That is a needless expense.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

House Mar
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 01, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby House Mar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:33 pm

Huskana wrote:Article I - Currency

a) Defines trade as an exchange of currency for a product or service, whether international or domestic.

Within the Dominion of House Mar this definition falls flat and is, in general, meaningless. It's leader is proud that its Merit Point based economy results in all material allowances becoming entitlements of its people. The definition of trade presented here does not even incorporate its classical definition associated with bartering: IE the direct trading of one good or service for another, without the capitalistic interloping of currency.

It is on these grounds alone that the Dominion of House Mar rejects this proposition, however, the proposition continues to offend with indefensible assertions.

A mandatory centralized currency, of which any given nation's participation is not optional, requires some degree of enforcement. Not just of what happens in the open space if the international arena, but also what happens in the private space within ones own boarders. That is because one is not only required to acquire the currency prior to entering the international space for trade, but also because they then must have that currency on hand in preparedness for remuneration for any services rendered to that nation; per the above provision A of Article I.

Further more, should this bill pass, it would force all those who remained against it, into the subjugation of this new monetary regulatory body, and require them to purchase a good (the currency) that they have no interest in buying. Without any further say, due recourse, or means for escape, this forces all nations to be subjects of one "Imperium of the Coin" or whatever this new governing body chooses to name itself.

d) Exception to Clause C occurs when international trade occurs with any non-WA Nation that does not accept the use of IMC.

When set next to, and in the same tier as, Resolutions such as #23 Ban on Slavery and Human Trafficking through #416 Ban on Ritual Sacrifice it is made abundantly clear that WA Resolutions give no quarter to any nation not adhering to the resolution, and that no such exceptions will be honored; nor does there exist an exception for WA participating members who have no desire or interest to engage in an unified international currency.

f) Clarifies that the WA Nation is not bounded to change its national currency to IMC.

g) Also Clarifies that although domestic trade is optional, but preferred, all international trade must be traded by use of IMC except in times of the declared exception.

These two provisions are in direct conflict with the reality of the situation in that there already exists a General Fund by Resolution #17 that all nations are required to contribute into. With tax as a form of international currency, it is thereby mandated by the conjunction of these two resolutions that I, by your proposed legislation, contribute this new international currency to the WA General Fund, in place of my own.

The encouragements to adopt the currency as a national one then becomes a boot on the throat of my nation, and all nations, as a hostile financial takeover. The reiteration of this mandate, and the emphasis on the encouragement during this reiteration, again serves to demonstrate the hostile intent as a veiled threat.

h) Requires all WA Nations to contain safe and transferable methods for changing currencies from IMC to the national currency of the nation, vice versa, and any other currency exchange that the nation offers.

This provision directly undermines the sovereignty of all nations by requiring that all nations are required to participate in this currency fraud even if they have no intention of adhering to it.

Huskana wrote:Article II - Value and Holdings

a) Establishes the General Assembly Economics Group (GAEG), to work with the tasks described.

This regulatory body comes into direct conflict with the already stated existing regulatory body overseeing the WA General Fund.

b) Tasks GAEG with establishing the monetary value of the IMC based on principles of global trade, transfer values of other currencies to each other, and any other methods they deem worthy to consider for establishing value to IMC, as well as the printing and distributing of IMC.

The defined principles of trade require an audit of all the material wealth of a nation, again grossly overstepping the bounds of the WA and trampling on individual national sovereignties. Allowing GAEG the sole discretionary power of printing and distributing its own currency, that is backed nothing, not even the faith of the nations who are required to support it, establishes a system that encourages institutionalized abuse of power.

• OOC: Its exactly the US Federal Reserve, which is a third party private organization that prints money on behalf of the United States, and sells that money back to the United States at over 70% interest, when the United States has the constitutional authority to print and manage its own money at no charge.

c) Also Tasks GAEG with working with WA Nations in improving the value of their own national currency, logging the value of all WA Nations currencies by the same means as the IMC, as well as the WA Nation's reporting, and ensuring that each WA Nation has a substantial amount of IMC credits to be in stable compliance with this act.

This point drops all pretenses as seeing individual sovereign states as anything more than financial holdings of the GAEG, which completely nullifies even the very idea of state sovereignty.
Last edited by House Mar on Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:36 pm

Huskana wrote:
I've already posted this once towards the GA, but obviously, it didn't go well. I've fixed the immediate issues I could see in my first draft, and so I present to those who wish to assist the current read of the draft.

International Currency Act
A resolution to develop industry around the world.

Category: Advancement of Industry
Area of Affect: Protective Tariffs
Proposed by: Huskana

Description: The World Assembly

Recognizes
that each nation contains their own form of currency, with each their own design and monetary value.

Aware of the transfer of funds necessary when changing monetary funds from one sovereign nation to another.

Concerned for the amount of WA Nations that exist, the amount of necessary work to process, audit, and transfer funds from one currency to another, to each of their own.

Believes that WA Nations are discouraged from trade due to formalities in trading currencies from different customs to each of several different nations.

Hereby,

Article I - Currency

b) Establishes the International Monetary Currency (IMC).

Article II - Value and Holdings

OOC: Nope. If it isn't broken, don't try to fix it.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Edreland
Attaché

Founded: Jan 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Edreland » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:38 pm

"Illegal, no doubt. This proposal must be discarded immediately. It is a good thought and represents admirable intent but it is simply unworkable."
Edreland
Founded originally February 2014
Sir Alexander Forbes
Ambassador to the WA

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:17 pm

Iksana yawns. "Nope. Also good fucking luck enforcing this with my nation's barter economy."
Trust Factbooks, not stats.

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He’s irritable and a damn troll and everything he says is IC only. I would never be so tactless OOC.

National News Radio: A large-scale infrastructure project will soon be underway. During this time, for safety reasons, the island will be closed to tourists and foreign news agents. We do expect a minor loss in revenue due to this, but this will be greatly offset by both the long and short-term benefits of the infrastructure project. If your job is negatively impacted by the island closure, please send a letter or verbal message via courier to the Council so that we can add you to the list of beneficiaries of foreign aid.

Kiravian WA Mission
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kiravian WA Mission » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:06 pm

"In its effort to solve the non-problem of currency conversion in international exchange, this proposal would grant an inordinate amount of power to the General Assembly Economics Group over the global economy. Monetary policy decisions made by the GAEG would directly affect the monetary policies and trade relations of every WA member state, with potentially major consequences affecting non-members of the World Assembly as well. We cannot possibly accept a proposal that would put such enormous power in the hands of a single vaguely-defined institution, especially for the purpose of fixing something that ain't broke."

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:35 am

"We personally would be unopposed in Kenmoria, we are already part of the Eurozone and this can't be much different. However, some of our colleagues with barter systems, a lack of any currency, or a strong national currency, force us to remain opposed."
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

He Qixin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby He Qixin » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:14 am

don't say that this post is useless please, i just wanted to say something

OOC: Opposed. This system already exists in member nations.
jacknjellify wrote:Watch Battle For Dream Island or be eliminated.

According to this index, this civilization is:
Tier: 8
Level: 5
Type: 6
A 9 civilization because I lean more towards it.

This nation is always used to post in the forums unless the forum is the WA, for which I use Triangle and Square, a WA member, to post.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly