NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome to Omega Station Lore and Hub Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should i use the Header pic from the OP, or the image i made, for the actual station appearance?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:37 pm

Header Pic
100%
Custom image
No votes

Total votes : 7

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:03 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Still have no internet, but have got to thinking about some things.

Should i reboot it, i think that i would have to change the scope and concept a bit, i would remove the player created stuff, or atleast concentrate things. Make Omega Station smaller, more like bab 5 rather than the Citadel, (have recently started playing ME, and have seen the similarities).

So there would be the Admin, the Chief, a few shop owners, just one or two, not including Black Market and Criminal stuff, then one or two places for relaxation, most of which are already established here.

That is acceptable for a reboot.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Acceptable, yes.
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:08 am

Harbertia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Still have no internet, but have got to thinking about some things.

Should i reboot it, i think that i would have to change the scope and concept a bit, i would remove the player created stuff, or atleast concentrate things. Make Omega Station smaller, more like bab 5 rather than the Citadel, (have recently started playing ME, and have seen the similarities).

So there would be the Admin, the Chief, a few shop owners, just one or two, not including Black Market and Criminal stuff, then one or two places for relaxation, most of which are already established here.

That is acceptable for a reboot.

It would be more fitting for the smaller, somewhat more dedicated player base that we have/had.

If there was more interest in such a thing, i have thought of things following groups on a larger station similar to the Citadel.

I have actually started a story adapted from this setting, but is more of a space western set centuries from the time this rp takes place, in the former CIS territory following the crew of a ship trying to get by in the Frontier.

Might adapt a few of the things i thought up for it for the WtOS reboot.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:48 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Harbertia wrote:That is acceptable for a reboot.

It would be more fitting for the smaller, somewhat more dedicated player base that we have/had.

If there was more interest in such a thing, i have thought of things following groups on a larger station similar to the Citadel.

I have actually started a story adapted from this setting, but is more of a space western set centuries from the time this rp takes place, in the former CIS territory following the crew of a ship trying to get by in the Frontier.

Sounds a little like Firefly and that's good by me ^_^
Tomorrow is made today.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri May 18, 2018 9:45 am

Harbertia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Sounds a little like Firefly and that's good by me ^_^

What i had planned is that due to Infighting in the CIS, it ceased to exist as a unified body. Most of the nations went to the Terran Confederacy, and the term Terran came to mean something else aside from just another type of Human. The former CIS space will be the Frontier, and there have been official and unnofficial colonies, as well as prospectors and salvagers recovering lost relics from falling Space States.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Fri May 18, 2018 10:07 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Sounds a little like Firefly and that's good by me ^_^

What i had planned is that due to Infighting in the CIS, it ceased to exist as a unified body. Most of the nations went to the Terran Confederacy, and the term Terran came to mean something else aside from just another type of Human. The former CIS space will be the Frontier, and there have been official and unnofficial colonies, as well as prospectors and salvagers recovering lost relics from falling Space States.

I don't really have a comment on this other then that the CIS did serve an organization purpose in providing a pool in which to lop any species not listed in the OP post. But I lack strong feelings regarding this announcement.
Tomorrow is made today.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:52 pm

United Nations of Earth:

The UNE was originally the only known human nation within the Milky Way. Earth fully took to the stars in the year 2138, this was backed by the efforts of every major nation of Earth. For almost two centuries we travelled amongst the starts without meeting any extraterrestrial race. Even before we took to the stars there had been speculation of alien life, the UNE had almost given up hope of meeting other races until such an event occurred in 2333. At that point in time the other nations in the Milky Way had kept a tenuous status quo.

The emergence of the UNE on the galactic stage shook this fragile peace. The nations in the Milky way began to fight, it was small things at first border skirmishes but as time went on real fighting broke out. The UNE was divided on what to do, some nations wanted to join the fighting, in the hopes of cutting out a slice of the pie for Earth. Others wanted to stop the fighting to form ties with the nations, this disparity in goals ended up tearing the UNE in two. A civil war on a scale never seen in the Earths history began in 2340, brother fought brother, colonist fought colonist.

When the smoke cleared the UNE and even Earth itself was no more. The planet itself still existed, but only a small percentage of those that had once populated it remained. Even with the echnology developed Earth had been ripe for an ecological disaster to occur. One such disaster happened towards the tail end of the UNE Civil War, what had once been a temperate goldilocks zone world was now a mostly barren planet with extreme climate changes ravaging most of the world. The Civil war gave birth to the Martian Union and the Terran Confederacy.*

The civil war also had widespread galactic changes, the devastation of Earth and many other worlds lead the nations to start a diplomatic project in neutral space for all nations to resolve their differences peacefully. This occurred in the year 2400 with the formation of the Galactic Council and the restoration and adaptation of an old Draug’n station on the edges of claimed territory. The Council would select an individual from among the Council races to oversee the station, an Administrator. They would serve until they stepped down or were replaced, usually by an envoy chosen by the Council.

**Martian Union:** The Martian Union will still be largely xenophobic and militaristic but there will be a rising pro alien movement so some envoys have been actively improving diplomatic relations.

**Terran Commonwealth:** It was in the year 2646 that the Terran Confederacy ceased to exist, the human only nation which was born alongside the Martian Union was no more. It was following the Fall of the Commonwealth of Independent Systems that this change occurred.

**Commonwealth of Independent Systems:** The CIS or Commonwealth as it was called was a loose coalition of dozens of minor powers located in a small section of the Milky way. Though no match individually for any of the major powers of the Milky Way together they posed an obstacle to any seeking to conquer their region. In the year 2626 the CIS fell into civil war, a civil war backed by the Martian Union. For 20 years the once united Commonwealth States fought amongst themselves before the conflict ended with the intervention of the Terran Confederacy in 2646. Many of the surviving states of the Commonwealth joined the Confederacy which soon adopted a new name.*

**The Ihbb Hegemony:** *The Ihbb were a race created by the Draug’n Supremacy when they learned they were dying. The Draug’n contracted an illness many millennia ago under mysterious circumstances. They possessed incredibly advanced technology, but they were not able to do anything against this. They knew they would go extinct, they created the Ihbb to carry on their cultural legacy. Many Ihbb worship the Draug’n or the Progenitors as they call them but others do not. Once all Ihbb paid homage tot eh Progenitors, but just prior to the Draug’n vanishing entirely that changed. One of the other Elder Races whispered in the ears of some Ihbb and turned them against their makers. This lead to a civil War between two factions, the Faithful and the Wicked(look up other word). This war lasted for over a century, but ended abruptly when the Elder race which backed the opposing faction vanished as well. Though the two sides made peace and reparations the damage was done, though many Ihbb still worship the Progenitors it is not as widespread as it was.

**Thangar Consortium:** The Consortium will have a major presence still, but will no longer be a major power, at least not one active in the grand scheme of things.

**Nah’ni Imperium:** I might nix the Nah’ni Imperium, maybe have the Nah’ni be a nomadic race which once made its home amongst the CIS. Alternatively I might keep the Nah’ni Imperium and just have it be more mysterious and the Nah’ni rarely seen, exile or otherwise.

*For convenience the following timeline is displayed in Earth years.

The Warp drive is officially unveiled as the latest in space propulsion and the schematics are made commercially available to major corporations.

The United nations of Earth officially forms as an Interstellar power only a decade after publicly unveiling the Warp Drive, the latest form of faster than Light propulsion. Further development of infrastructure on the Lunar and Mars colonies ensues.

The first human colony outside of the Sol system is developed and it is called New Earth, beginning a naming trend where human colonies are concerned which will last for decades.

The Unite Nations of Earth becomes aware of the existence of aliens and the Intergalactic community.

Tension begins to ramp up between the various alien nations, skirmishes begin along the borders and begin to escalate rapidly.

After years of indecision on what the UNE should do concerning the alien nations the arguments develop into fighting eventually becoming a full blown civil war. The brutality of this civil war is something not seen for centuries with its scale eclipsing any other conflict in human history.

2385-2389
It is unknown how it occurred but some disaster or series of disasters struck Earth during this time. By the next year Earth would be greatly changed from how it had been, nearly beyond repair with the technology available at the time.

The UNE Civil war ends and the United Nations of Earth is no more. Humanity begins a mass Exodus of Earth and rescue expeditions are sent towards the most damaged regions of Earth.

Only a few million people remain on earth after the Exodus has ended, some remain by choice, others are purposefully left behind. It is this year that the Terran Confederacy and the Martian union form and begin to consolidate their power and territory.

The Galactic Council forms after the shock of what happened to Earth and the UNE’s dissolution causes peace movements within every nation to pick up great momentum. Renovations begin on an old Draug’n station bordering the frontiers of Ihbb and Weseh Conclave space.

The Galactic Council formally unveils Omega Station and the first Administrator is chosen, an ancient Weseh Elder.

Certain members within the Coalition of Independent States began to war with their neighbors and expand their territory. This is urged on by certain factions within the Martian Union, this was set in motion to make the rising Pro Alien sentiment a pipe dream within the Martian Union. James Rogers Father is discharged after voicing dissent against the actions taken within the CIS.

James Rogers(Future Admin) is discharged from the Martian Navy following actions taken along the borders of CIS space.

Early 2646
The fighting within the CIS ends with the full intervention of the Terran Confederacy. The Galactic Council did not agree with this move until evidence came to light that the Coalition breaking was instigated by the Martian Union. The Union was Reprimanded and was forced to provide concessions in some later talks.

Late 2646
The Union still gobbles up a small corner of the former CIS territory, while many of its other members joined the Terran Confederacy. The Terran Confederacy becomes the Terran Commonwealth fully integrating the other species into the nation and government.

The Previous Administrator, a Mensir, steps down after only a term of 2 years citing health issues. There are rumors they had ties to certain events that happened during the CIS civil war and were removed after the evidence came to light.

A new Administrator take over from the old one following a period of almost a year of deliberation. Rp start

Code: Select all
[b][color=orangered][size=110](Year/Date goes here)[/size][/color][/b]
    [size=95](event of Note, 1-3 sentences [/size]

I have worked on the reboot slightly in recent days, and this is what i have thought of.

As things are fleshed out for the reboot i will edit the OP and other things, but will continue to use this thread for what it was meant for, Lore and as a hub to the rp, its reboots and spin offs.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:06 am

Looks pretty good Shadowell. I actually started writing out some lore for a possible book that's heavily inspired by your concept.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:56 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Looks pretty good Shadowell. I actually started writing out some lore for a possible book that's heavily inspired by your concept.

WEll some of the original revisions came about from a story concept derived from the rp.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:56 pm

Looking forward to getting back to my role and adjusting it where need be. I've got a lot more experience as a player.
Tomorrow is made today.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:01 pm

Harbertia wrote:Looking forward to getting back to my role and adjusting it where need be. I've got a lot more experience as a player.

Well my current rp is still running, and adapting/revising the original lore may take some time.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:04 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Looking forward to getting back to my role and adjusting it where need be. I've got a lot more experience as a player.

Well my current rp is still running, and adapting/revising the original lore may take some time.

Understandable. By the way, since you are in the RP group you have use of the wiki if you need to better organize the details of your work.
Tomorrow is made today.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:33 am

Just let me know if there's anything I can help with, Shadow.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:13 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Just let me know if there's anything I can help with, Shadow.

Actually i am about to update the timeline i posted above here in a bit, i need some notable events which occurred in between 2400 and 262(when the CIS fell into war). Also the CIS will now be a Coalition rather than a Commonwealth, saving the Commonwealth bit for when the Terran Confederacy transitions.

Harbertia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Understandable. By the way, since you are in the RP group you have use of the wiki if you need to better organize the details of your work.

I might do that Harb, but i feel it might make this Thread a bit obsolete, i might keep the bulk over there, such as the NAh'ni Lore and extensive nation Histories, but i am working on the little things right now.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:53 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Just let me know if there's anything I can help with, Shadow.

Actually i am about to update the timeline i posted above here in a bit, i need some notable events which occurred in between 2400 and 262(when the CIS fell into war). Also the CIS will now be a Coalition rather than a Commonwealth, saving the Commonwealth bit for when the Terran Confederacy transitions.

Harbertia wrote:Understandable. By the way, since you are in the RP group you have use of the wiki if you need to better organize the details of your work.

I might do that Harb, but i feel it might make this Thread a bit obsolete, i might keep the bulk over there, such as the NAh'ni Lore and extensive nation Histories, but i am working on the little things right now.

Are there any super powerful corporations? If so, you could have some corporate wars, or soemthing along those lines.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse