NATION

PASSWORD

[Regional RP] Delta Episode

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Nedea
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2009
Corporate Police State

Postby Nedea » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:35 pm

FOR NATIONS IN THE NEW COALITION OF NATIONS

Nations of NCON Upon Delta

Orbiting a G-type star, Enkon Delta is a temperate world in the Phanon System. The world has one small moon, Selia, and another satellite, The Phanon Research & Diplomacy Station. This station was launched by the Phanon Corporation to study Enkon Delta over 70 years ago. Rumors of Doec [Pronounced DOH ECK] Relics attracted them the most. later it was discovered Doec relics are scattered over the planet ready for the picking. Half a decade after they discovered the planet, Phanon sent out a beacon to attract and notify other people in the cosmos for the purpose of settling Delta. Though Phanon is not the first to find Delta as there are numerous pirate and refugee settlements dotting the planet.

Rules

Detailed Rules Here
Map Claims

No nation is native to Enkon Delta. Initial players and players up to a certain period may claim to have been on Delta for anytime between ~100 to 5 years in RP time. For Tech anything from MT to some FT is possible. A rule we had in the passed (Credit to Athretvari) is anything that is possible in movies, books, TV etc. is go here in the Delta Episode. The community of Role Players will decide if a particular post is too much, ie. God modding. We try to keep it cool, and open. Not a whole lot on nitty gritty. Just the map itself has the most rules. Additionally, more rules may be made or implemented in the future.

NOTES ON SPACECRAFT...

FTL exists in this setting. However, to not over complicate things we restrict any use of FTL CURRENTLY to just economic activities such as import and exports to and from the Phanon System. However within the System any FTL is permitted as long as it's RPed properly and isn't extreme. MILITARY REINFORCEMENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO COME FROM OUTSIDE THE PHANON SYSTEM.
Last edited by Nedea on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Syndicated Corporations
Libertarian in the streets. Anarchist in the sheets.
Each One Of Us Has Something Special, That Makes Us Different, That Makes Us Rare.
“If they won't love you, make them fear you.”

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Democratic Koyro wrote:It's highly unlikely. I'd go as far as saying virtually impossible for the judaeo-christian-islamic God to exist.

If it does (which it doesn't), it has proven itself to be a sadistic, genocidal megalomaniac and eliminating it must be our first priority as a species.

The Kredit Union
Regional Role Play

Athretvari
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Athretvari » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:27 pm

“Greetings, Brethren. I wish you Peace and Prosperity upon this wonderful occassion, the beginning of our 6th AthEra (RL year since founding).

“For me, this time is so very special because of the communal joy I witness as our nation comes together to celebrate as one civilization. It is also a joy to witness the hope and renewed strength inspired by the dawn of a new era. However, we must not forget that the era that has passed has held many hard times – not every motion of this glorious Universe has been a source of joy for all of us.

“We must remember those that have passed, but also, that it is we the living that are the creative and constructive force of this Universe. Thus, it is incumbent upon us to create and construct for them a beautiful and wonderful afterlife filled with joy, love and peace. We remember that each of us is no more than our effects upon this Universe, and so we commit to affect this Universe in the most marvelous ways in honor and memory of our loved ones. And in so doing, we give them power to continue to affect the Universe through us.

“In this new era, we will remember and honor them as we continue to develop our culture, defend our civilzation, and advance our understandings of the mysteries of the Universe.

“Our nation is reknown for both our traditions and the innovation that every generation has brought with it. We can not and will not be forced to yield to any challenge nor any threat. We will stay true to ourselves as we have always done here in Athretvari.

“While much has changed since my contemporaries and I were young, the core of our nation remains rooted in a distinct culture and a way of life that has emerged and grown here in our country. A culture and way of life made better by our friends from abroad.

“We celebrate the enrichment to our culture by those that arrive upon our shores from across Enkon, be it out of desperation or in search of adventure. We continue to welcome them and their contributions to our beautiful nation. We do this not out of economic necessity, but because we thrive upon ideas and inspiration from abroad, assimilating them with our own to maintain the high position which Athretvari holds in so many fields. And in some way perhaps, we hope to inspire others as they have inspired us.

“As a great civilization, Athretvari must and will act as a generous and benevolent contributor to peace and regional development, and as a defender of a fair, rules-based international order, one that inspires a true sense of community among the nations of Enkon. We extend an invitation to all the great peoples of Enkon Delta to join us in creating a harmonious future of peace and prosperity for our planet and all Humanity.

“In this new era, I wish the motions of this Universe are kind to you, to our nation, and to our friends.

“Glory be onto Athretvari and our People.”
Athretvari
The Realms Banner (flag)
Yeah… I know. It’s a tough one. You can skip

St Saratoga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

St. Saratoga - Metropole

Postby St Saratoga » Fri May 11, 2018 11:28 am

Intro

St. Saratoga as it is today, is the result of years of political instability and revolution. From the Theocratic Era which was violently ended with the introduction of the Communist Era which transitioned to the Imperial Era which gave birth to the current Constitutional Democracy, all which has lead to St. Saratoga becoming the dark horse superpower of Delta. With Delta serving as home to mainland of metropole St. Saratoga, it also serves as the industrial, cultural, logistical, and political capital of the Saratogan Federations. Delta is also home to some of St. Saratoga’s closest allies like Nedea and Moarfall. Nedea, the historically “brother-in-arms” in the fight against the tyrannical overlords of Gresk, serves as the closest ally to Saratoga despite the ideological differences of both nations.

Government of St. Saratoga - Metropole

The government of St. Saratoga is in the capital of Rogerbei. Rogerbei was chosen as the capital of St. Saratoga after it was proclaimed so by Revolutionary & Grand Admiral Francis Chamberlain right after the final defeat of the Greskian military. The Government of St. Saratoga - Metropole is made up of judicial, executive and legislative branches. These three branches are meant to balance out of the government, making sure no branch grow too powerful over the other in-order to protect the stability of the government.
The Executive Branch is ceremonially led by the Kaiser-Queen Katherine III Durant. The Monarchs of St. Saratoga were stripped of most of their power during the transition to a constitutional democracy. The true leader of the government is split between the Chancellor and Prime Minister.

The Office of the Chancellor is in charge of international relations. Serving as the Chancellor is Jonathan Stewart, who role is to act as the Chief Ambassador of St. Saratoga to Delta. The Chancellor is elected for 6-year terms by popular vote. Chancellor Stewart’s platform on foreign policy is that St. Saratoga is in a position to spread its influence throughout the world to eventually take the mantle as a world leader. The Chancellor also wants to increase foreign investment into the Saratogan economy by continuing to grow the relations with the Syndicate Corporations, mainly Major Eight. The other plan for foreign investment is to establish greater relations with the Grand Dutchy of 46566 and Moarfall. Military-wise, the Chancellor Stewart has a strict diplomacy-first policy when it comes to international tensions, but it is known that Chancellor Stewart isn’t afraid to use military force if deemed necessary.

The Office of the Prime Minister is tasked with all internal affairs of St. Saratoga. Rebekka Asp was elected to the 6-year term of Prime Minister by the Senate after an Environmentalist United, Democratic Farmer-Labor, Social Democrat party Coalition was established. Prime Minister Asp’s agenda as leader of the Senate is to work with Chancellor Stewart to rebuild St. Saratoga’s industry and manufacturing through foreign investments as well as a severe reduction in small business tax cuts. Prime Minister Asp’s other two major pieces of agenda are to address the severe lack of oversight on law enforcement agencies receive which is leading to a high amount of law enforcement abuse, wrongful imprisonment, and racial prejudice allegations against law enforcement agencies, her plan is to re-establish a fully functioning court system which was gutted by the last administration. The last part of her agenda is to make St. Saratoga the world leader in Pre-K through Higher Education.

The legislative branch is made up of a unicameral legislative house called the Senate. The Senate is made up of 550 members who are elected by popular, run off, voting for 4-year terms. The Senate has the sole authority to raise and lower taxes, declare war, confirm political appointees to ambassadorial and department leadership positions, establishing territories, granting provincehood, impeachment, election-tie breaking, as well as other tasks. The Senate is made up of 9 major parties, the majority party currently is the Democratic Farmer-Labor Party which currently has members in the Speakership, Chancellorship, and Prime Minister’s Office.

The last branch is the Judicial branch. The branch was dismembered by the last administration after multiple scandals came out against many of its member of corruption. The branch is currently under heavily reformation by the Asp administration.

National Religion of St. Saratoga - Metropole

The national religion on St. Saratoga is the Holy Order of Divine Providence. The church was established well before the Greak era. The church is led by Simon Ellestad, Holy Chosen One & Father, His Excellency Archbishop of St. Saratoga. With proximity eight billion devout followers, the church holds of influence over major aspect of Saratogans lives and politics. The holy book of the Holy Order of Divine Providence is called “The Words of the Holy Father” otherwise known as the “Words of God”. The book was written by the prophets of Divine Providence, those prophets were spoken to by god as to what to write so the book is known by many Saratogans as written by god himself through those who he has chosen to be holy enough.

The Archbishop is chosen by the Council of Bishops upon the death of the previous archbishop. Upon the death of the Archbishop, the Council of Bishops gathers in St. Francis’s Cathedral in Providence, St. Saratoga. Once gathered, they are locked into a chamber only known to the Archbishop and Bishops to read through the Words of God and pray until they all reach a verdict on who the next Archbishop will be, once a decision is reach, the former Archbishop is cremated in a public ceremony in which the new Archbishop is chosen.

Other facts about St. Saratoga - Metropole

Workers unions have extremely grown in the last few years after a few administrations of anti-business policies which have enable the ability of worker to grow but with the Saratogan economy slipping into a more depressed, bullish market many of the industrial and corporate jobs have moved to markets for favorable economic conditions. The Asp administration was elected to on the promise to improve the economy while also striking a balance between pro-business policies and refusing to gut workers’ rights. The unions have been heavily supported by the Church has many of its members are devout followers of Providence.

Simon Trend, the leader of the Committee for National Economic Change, has become a more player in the national stage. As a former Nedean, his interested group has been pushing for St. Saratoga to open its door to massive amount of foreign investments which he says will end Saratoga’s economic depression “almost immediately”. His interest group has been setting itself up for a major campaign in the next Senate election cycle, with the long-term plan of establishing a majority coalition in the Senate, retaking the Prime Ministership.

In opposition to the rising influence of the Committee for National Economic Change. Elo Larsen is working to establish the Center for Social Responsibility which is an interest group working to counteract the rise of conservative influences former in St. Saratoga.

Future of St. Saratoga - Metropole

The future for St. Saratoga is wide open, after the failure of its ambitious colonial program of the previous administration the nation has started the process of preparing itself for the next big adventure the nation will go on!
Appearances:
  • World Baseball Classic 41, 47
  • World Cup of Hockey 34, 38, 39, 40, 47
  • World Lacrosse Championship 21, 28, 31, 33, 34
  • Independent Cup: 17
Best Results:
  • World Baseball Classic: Group Stage
  • World Cup of Hockey: Group Stage
  • World Lacrosse Championship: 3rd Place (28), 1st Place (31)
  • Independent Cup: N/A
For Sports Lovers: http://jim-nielsen.com/teamcolors/

Tortured & Defeated Minnesota Sports Fan

Moarfall
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Capitalist Paradise

New Beginnings

Postby Moarfall » Sat May 12, 2018 9:23 am

Onik Mul stared down on The Cauldron; watching the sunrise slowly glide over the second largest gulf in the Delta Sea, a blinding light so intense it makes the inky depths sparkle like the finest sapphire. The early morning mist was already rolling out from Acheron's local jungle and onto the gulf, trails of vapor flowing out to sea and being sucked along the Emris desert's coast around the Delta Point. He shakes himself back on task, pulling away from his inspection of the holo-projection of the Drake-WYV's live feed to pay more attention to his naval defense advisers. They had been debating the Athretvari proposal to cooperatively patrol and protect the Privateer's Sea.

"A NAP would certainly serve to strengthen both of our interests at the moment." an overly excited Rear-Admiral that Onik couldn't be bothered to remember the name of added to the discussion.

"The Thirsty Armada has been a pain in the ass to watch and do nothing about, they're a rogue element more than a military. Trying to get rid of insurgents in a foreign land not touched by a super power is difficult enough, let alone when they're all over the strait and cutting into our sea trade with most of the developed world. From what you men have showed me today I think accepting is the obvious choice. Not to mention the nice trades we can get with the Athretvar merchants."

Onik points at the same Rear Admiral before he can protest the Council Leader's quick acceptance.

"They're a proper fighting force and a respectful people. I trust they'll behave near the McWilliams and Quetlian bases, no need to rustle your jimmies. The visa deal isn't bad either nor a threat, so don't even start on it again til after lunch. They'll be given the same deals that they extended to us." Onik gathered his dossiers, thanked the room, and left for his 0800 meeting.
Last edited by Moarfall on Sat May 12, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Molon Labe!
Come and take it!

"It is an undeniable and may I say fundamental quality of man, that when faced with extinction, every alternative is preferable."

Power is shipping goods, giving speeches, moving armies, conquering lands, discovering planets, bending space, and exploring the universe.
True Power is being able to transform the world and universe around you using your sheer will. Your words and your stories are your will here and they shape the world. A word in a speech can be more powerful than a bullet in battle here. It depends on how you wield it.
Power is attained through your words and in turn your actions. Your words are left for the world to see and because of that; your power and will are immortal.

Ileeni
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Ileeni

Postby Ileeni » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Ileeni Culture
Revealing the Fiends behind the fins

*Dwarls Xhharvin*

Xenoanthropological study group.

Page 24.

*Discovered upon a shore, this page from an unknown person describes the society of the "Ileeni," a previously undiscovered species. The fate of Mr. Xhharvin remains a mystery. No further parts of the journal has been discovered as of yet.*

Ileeni *E-lee-ni* Is a species that has changed very little of many millennia's. Raiders and devourers, these ancient creatures are age old in their style. Militaristic and feudal, Ileeni society depends on a need to destroy, conquer or overwhelm any possible type of ecological, military or edible threat.. While Ileeni ARE capable of diplomatic niceties they consider it a MINOR setback to raiding or stealing to gain any sort of food they can get to continue their survival. A stronger culture that has a stronger military then the Ileeni can possibly dissuade or discourage the Ileeni from attempting to make a meal of said visitor but caution MUST be applied. Ileeni while superstitious are no fools and even a powerful deterrent, a " firecracker " or noisemaker such as powerful rockets, missiles or lasers, any source of advanced military technology they are unused to, used as a warning shot will only work as well as the threat to use said deterrent vs the Ileeni's impatience or desire for new food, holdings or technology.

The best of yet I have been able to come up with, as I have no desire to become a meal is my lucky habit of carrying my de-neutralizer, that I have used on several challengers to their dismay, gaining a wary respect and fear from these abyssal dwelling tribal creatures. It pains me to use it, as they are a remarkable evolutionary step that reminds me of my own native clime when I go fishing or sailing. While they have yet stayed away from my marine biosphere, the only thing keeping me from them, crushing pressure and their hungry, inquisitive nature is the solid titanium dome, as well as a strong voltage I have managed to rig using the thermal vents as an energy source. How long this will deter them, is unknown. On the rare times I can venture outside I have discovered a interesting piece of technology that may be another piece of the puzzle that is the Ileeni. It is some kind of ship, what or how is unknown but it is very very old and decayed, suggesting that the Ileeni are not native. But as to whom or how they got here remains a mystery that is an unscratchable itch in my mind. Are the Ileeni also victims of some sort of space catastrophe? Perhaps they were once a space dwelling species, and after untold centuries forgot all about the wonders and mysterious of space, devolving or perhaps evolving into what was currently needed for their survival. Another mystery for another day. Xhharvin signing off.

Coalition of Ordered Governmentz
Civilian

Founded: Jun 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Coalition of Ordered Governmentz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Coalition of Ordered Governments(slight alt history of ours)

The COG is a Federal parliamentary socialist state, sometimes confused with Fascism by its enemies.
The COG colony on Delta has been there for nearly a century, upon this time they have established an outstanding stable agriculture industry along with Arms manufacturing.
The Census of the colony has shown a population of 87 million, which has and still is continuing to explode with yearly growths reaching 3-4.6%.

Government & Military

The military & state are basically the same entity,
The colony itself is a Stratocracy and a meritocracy, ruled By a General, which also has to receive permission from the military council to enact anything radical. if the general is seemed unfit to rule then he may be dealt with.

COG colony has a rich militaristic culture, the military Itself is a volunteer army due to the vast amount of willing recruits, along with mandatory military training starting at young ages. If it is seemed necessary drafting will occur.

Other information

COG believes in a free market, low taxes, and ultra-Nationalism. However during times of war the individual doesn't matter, you serve to die for the COG. "Individually reliable, collectively disciplined"

The capital is New Tyrus which is a vast city which is east where the 2 rivers connect, they're the biggest city in the colony with a population of 10 million people, and being the heart of our machinery industry.

Texasiva
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Texasiva » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:51 am

The Texasivan Federation

Texasivan Culture is one of independence, militarism, Loyalty, purity, and discipline.

Texasivans tend to be rudely Nationalistic, yet welcoming to foreigners till threatened. They believe they have god given rights to control the galaxy along with the death of Xenos.

Texasivan history is a story of Wars, civil wars, brave Pioneers expanding across the galaxy, and...experiments on both humans and animals, they're pretty Notorious for it and believe they have the right to it.

The Texasivans are a Unitary state, and a military State during war or times of emergency, however Insurgents are a pain for the government.
---
The Texasivans arrived on Delta nearly a century ago, quickly populating their area along with arrival of immigrants. The reason they settled where they did was the rich soil & Minerals North of the rivers.
Since then Texasivans have been quiet, rarely communicating to other powers besides the COG which share similar beliefs. Not much about Texasiva is known to outsiders.

Ileeni
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ileeni » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:19 pm

*got tired of waiting and wringing my hands in trepidation. *stupid writers block!* and I'm gonna just wing it*

Reeignchakeek stared at his army, nervous. He was about to announce his greatest plan, and greatest risk. 5,000 of his most loyal was with him, all anxious and curious to hear his plan. After hours of contemplation he had finally hatched a plan. A discovery in the fallen egg he had found several suits, the same he had seen seemingly self replicating and in great numbers. Upon touching it, the suit had warped to him. At first he had panicked until it formed and dawned on himthe possibilities. He had a way up now. " My fellow warriors! he announced, I have a mission! "

5,00 heads turned his way and he felt a nervous flutter. Easy, he told himself. " For as thousand generations we were feared! the dwellers above knew of us! yes, and feared us! We have long been forgotten but no longer! Today! we return!" silence, then a multitude of voices cried out. fear, objection, outrage and celebratory roars, a wave of opinions and thoughts. " Wil you follow me?" or are you afraid?" at this the voices changed into outraged denials and angry tones. " Then follow me!" he yelled, " I have the means, I have the chance! we will make them remember! We will make them see! These are our oceans! these are our territories! We are Ileeni! We do not fear their strange looks and sorcerous abilities! Our strength and numbers will see us through! We are Ileeni! We raid!"

A thunderous racket followed, in the next few hours, the warriors put on the strange suits, looking dubious at their abilities and capabilities. Reeignchakeek pulled out the fallen creature he had found, its eye now blinded by a cloth he had put over it. " THIS! belonged to them! NOW it is ours! Lets go see what else they have! for our families! for our pods! for the Ileeni!

[nationAthretvari][/nation]

A few hours after the drone went blank your sonar begins to ping wildly. rushing over, you notice a massive group of...Something passing right under you. Switching on the cameras you see something. After your eyes adjusts, you realize its a shell. 5 minutes pass and it is still there. Its at least the size of a city block, if not larger. its about a mile and a half below you heading for the three islands.

Edits note
Troops

5,000 *or so* Ileeni

half dozen Riders
Various weaponized vehicles

Ileeni
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ileeni » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:08 am

Athretvari

St Saratoga

its is nearly dawn, the next morning when you get the report. on the small series of island, you get a desperate emergency radio call from a tower somewhere in the trackless wild of the islands on 4.07 and 4.08, of thousands of suited..monsters landing on the beaches with skyscrapers with shells, swarming their village, swiftly overwhelming any and all defenses. among the desperate babble you hear descriptions like " claws, fanged, sea serpent...thing, " among the bone chilling fear laced cry for any and all aid to come at once. only a few hours later, you hear a very similar radio call from the southern island near 3.10 and 3.11. Descriptions of armored war machines, unlike anything ever seen, neon colored alien geometry creatures that propel themselves on a form of ghastly tentacled apparatus and the sounds and screams behind of an obvious bloodbath. by 7:56 AM, the morning, no response can be coaxed from any of the islands or the colonist living there.

Any naval fleet that arrive approach a ghost town. the obvious signs of a battle, blood is spattered all over the walls, and a peculiar track, almost triangular can be seen in the rising morning tide. the quaint village is torn apart, everybody is nowhere to be seen, and many items, are gone, ransacked as if in a hurry, or by extreme violence. Upon reaching the radio tower, the receiver is there, glassy eyed, his neck and trachea simply gone, a gaping hole with crimson tendons, bones and veins sticking out, the sickly sweet smell of death present as well as the sound of gorging flies. over 400 people lived here. Where did they go, and what happened to them? Lastly, but not unnoticed, the ruined remains of a deep sea drone,scarred and bitten lies in the ebbing surf, with strange writings on it. A none to subtle warning indeed
Last edited by Ileeni on Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

Texasiva
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Texasiva » Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:19 am

The Assault was cancelled and they just Mac'd/Nuked it instead to save lifes.

However the colony may be destroyed, but they still lurk the wild.
Last edited by Texasiva on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

St Saratoga
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 22, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby St Saratoga » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:56 pm

Saratogan Times
”Keeping Saratoga informed of all of the affairs domestic & international.”
Tensions affecting Saratogan both home and abroad.

Cost: K$ 1.50

Bay of Saratoga -- Saratogan naval vessel take to the sea in the area of the Bay of Saratoga after the announcement by Chancellor Jonathan Stewart of the establishment of the Saratogan “Sphere of Influence”. This zone, as stated by the Chancellor, is meant to protect Saratogan interests in the are mainly pointed too trade, off-shore energy production and the fishing industry.

“We have received multiple reports recently from our merchant ships of them spotting strange ships in the distance. Upon further investigation Moarfallian and Athretvarian warships were venture into territory that is historically Saratogan claimed. We are not intending this to be hostile, we are just making clear what is Saratogan.” Stated Chancellor Stewart as he addressed the media after his inspection of the naval yard and production in Naval Center, Saratoga.

The fleet that is being deployed to the is the 7th “Fast Response” Task Force. According to the Department of Defense & Armament records, the fleet is mainly composed of Frigates, Destroyers and Cruisers that are fairly lightly armed, mainly meant for interception missions. There are also reports from fishermen who are based out of Naval Center International Port that they’ve witness multiple attack submarines taking to the sea in the direction of the Bay of Saratoga, the DoDA has declined to comment on that.

Rogerbei, St Saratoga -- Tension in the Senate continues to build as neither party is willing to compromise on legislation regarding the taxes. The key issue in the bill that has caused the controversy has been Corporate & non-profits/religious institution taxation. Historically St. Saratoga has been pretty hesitant in tax increase since the birth of Saratogan Democracy from the Communist Era of our nations history. The first major tax increase came from the beloved passed Chancellor Joshua Chamberlain who increased taxes on non-corporations to be able to provide major tax breaks and incentives on the expansion of manufacturing to compete with the international markets of Nedea, Athretvari and 46566.

The Corporate tax rate currently sits at about 35% of all net income of the firm, the most affected firms are the Kredit Union, Lake-o-Lake and the popular restaurant chain Pig’s Eye Tavern. Multiple corporations have have come out against the Democratic Farmer-Labor Party’s proposed 5% increase of the taxation that they stat would be used to help improve infrastructure for the manufacturing and agricultural sectors.

The Social Democrats Party proposed taxation of religious institutions has been met with wide spread criticism from the religious community include a strong condemnation of the legislation by the Holy Order of Divine Providence, who has called the legislation a “direct attack on the religious community of Saint Saratoga.” Supporters of the legislation have come out stating that the "income taken in by some of these religious institutions is leaps and bounds more than most Saratogan corporations do every fiscal year, it's time they paid something to help serve the folks they preach too." state legislation Author Michelle Faulkner.

Clair Underwood
Senior Political Correspondent
Rogerbei Times
Last edited by St Saratoga on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Appearances:
  • World Baseball Classic 41, 47
  • World Cup of Hockey 34, 38, 39, 40, 47
  • World Lacrosse Championship 21, 28, 31, 33, 34
  • Independent Cup: 17
Best Results:
  • World Baseball Classic: Group Stage
  • World Cup of Hockey: Group Stage
  • World Lacrosse Championship: 3rd Place (28), 1st Place (31)
  • Independent Cup: N/A
For Sports Lovers: http://jim-nielsen.com/teamcolors/

Tortured & Defeated Minnesota Sports Fan

Ileeni
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ileeni » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Saratoga

You also discover a video with writing on it left near the dead radioman's body. Upon putting it in you see this.

* Static*

" P...please! Don't do this! I..ugh! "

*Sound of a physical blow and strange a weird chattering sound.*

*The video zooms in and you see an helmeted suited figure sitting in front of you. He doesn't appear to have legs but is carrying a strange looking weapon. He then begins to speak.

*Assuming you translate this. The voice is a strange dialect of raspy gravelly growls and his clicks and whistles are short and clipped.*

" To whomever you are, we are the Ileeni. We are the owners of the waters, and you, are trespassing. You send your pods over our waters, take our food from the mouths of our young. You send your armies into our homes and disturb the very food we need to thrive. We are no longer separated and diverse. We are one. You are warned once and only once. Let this be an example to your landswimmers."

*The masked figure puts a hand up to his head area and the suit seems to clear. You see a eyeless bald creature with needle like incisors staring back at you. *Look at pictures of the deep sea gulper eel for a reference.* It's pale black/grey skin mottled and withered like a skull.*

" Spread this message. We are here. your presence is unwelcome and any intrusive intervention will be jet with the fury of all we can muster. "

* Before the video ends, you hear a horrified scream, a cracking sound then silence*
Last edited by Ileeni on Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Diplomat

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby 46566 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:31 pm

Grand Duchy propses Delta Union
Midgar-The Grand Duchy has broken it's silence and formally requested to form a Delta Customs Union between Nedea, Moarfall and Athretvari. The purpose of this union would be to ease trade and lower the red tape between each member nation. The union will also look to fairly determine fair exchange rate between the Kredit, Ducat and AiCoin. The move is to draw the three closest nation's to 46566 and start on a friendly foot.
Grand Duchy would be willing to help fight Piracy
Midgar- The Grand Duchy will be willing to work with both Moarfall and Athretvari to combat the Thirsty Armada between the three countries. This is in the hopes to keep merchant shipping free from attack. If given the okay the Grand Duchy will be willing to dispatch the first and second fleets to help in the fight.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.85

Alseheia
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

A History of Alseheia

Postby Alseheia » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:36 pm

The Meritocratic State of Alseheia, a colony of [MISSING]

Governing System:
Alseheia is a meritocratic state in which its governmental system is ruled by augmented humans with oversight by a complex A.I. system to ensure a productive government. It is a system of government that is centrally-ruled with regional powers being subjected to the near-omnipresent federal government and its governing departments.

Culture:
Alseheia believes in the progression of the individual based solely upon his or her merit and without any other factors. In order to "move up" the ladder, the individual must demonstrate the proper skill and knowledge required to attain a higher position. In a society where A.I.s and machinery have taken over nearly every aspect of life, only the ambitious and talented are noted by the cold government.

It is to note that Alseheia focuses itself on ensuring that the individual is not required to work in order to live a life of luxury. Despite that focus, Alseheia also maintains a tier list that determines how much an individual receives in terms of freedom and wealth.

History:
Alseheia was established several decades ago, approaching a century in how long it has lasted. While its true history isn't known to many, it is established the original colony was sent by a moderately powerful interstellar empire. For what purpose Alseheia was established and why it has yet to reconnect to its mother nation is yet to be disclosed.

Alseheia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Troubling Fortunes

Postby Alseheia » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:08 pm

A Monster Lurks Down Below

A single drone, powered by a single propeller, shot downwards into the depths of the Sea of Fortunes with several cameras attached to the front and to the sides. Above the drone, above the waters, is a single large cruiser-sized ship idling in the waters. It was a calm day with an enjoyable weather in Alseheia, near Port Anur. Yet, despite the peaceful mood, the situation was rather tense as several men on top of the cruiser eyed the waters with suspicion. Several hours ago, something had managed to damage several pleasure boats and nearly made off with an Alseheian citizen, almost ruining the near-perfect record the nation has been enjoying for several years.

Approaching seafloor... reducing power... decelerating... beginning scans for subjects of interest

The small drone, slightly longer than an adult male standing straight, hovered above the seafloor as it scanned its surrounding with its cameras. Activating various sensors, utilizing its on-board systems, and information relayed by its mother ship, the drone cautiously explored the deepest parts of the sea. Spotting several normal fishes and aquatic species of no-concern, the drone continued its search. The only threat it had detected so far was a curious predatory fish, which was automatically dispatched by the drone's on-board weapons system.

Several hours passed with little discovery to be made, however, the drone did detect a possible object of significant size not too far from it. Despite this grand discovery, the drone was forced to speed its way upwards towards open air as its battery began to run dangerously low. Being a simple drone designed for minor research of large bodies of water, it was never meant to last longer than half a day without any recharges. As the drone began accelerating upwards, its processing core soon began noting the same object of interest of before moving.

Danger... analyzing... relaying information to mother ship... running probability cores... attempting retreat

Increasing the power being diverted to its engine, the drone began to increase its speed at a much faster rate. Regardless if the large object was going following it or not, it knew that staying in the waters was no longer advisable. And with that, that ended the short adventure of the Alseheian cruiser before its shaken crew also decided to retreat from the scene. The object that was moving was rather massive, dwarfing anything that they have seen before.

Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby 46566 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:52 pm

Grand Duchy to investigate problems in the north
Midgar- The Grand Duchy will send the second and fourth fleets to handle the ocean investigation. The Grand Duke has issued a statement that should they be attacked all enemy ships be destroyed regardless of if it's military or civilian. The Grand Duchy has also repositioned satellites to help in the search. Even weather satellites are being used to notice any potential change in the oceans currents or werid heat patterns in the ocean. The Duchy will be willing to work with other nation's to search for the source of the raids.

Vienetas
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Vienetas » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:21 pm

(hopefuly this is adequate for my introduction)

It was midnight over Beyrrakh, and the weary gaze of Ingvar Sobol trailed over the city like a bank of clouds.
"City" was probably too strong a word for it. Though it was Vienetas's capital, it was more like a loose collection of industrial buildings, carefully stilted so as not to sink into the brackish mud of the marshlands. Sobol had learned this lesson the hard way- his first attempt at a residence could be seen to the east, choked with moss and slowly being swallowed by the cold, wet earth.

This night, Sobol thought, would be the tenth year since he and his group of refugees had first made landfall on this strange world. Armed with nothing but what remained of their escape vessels and their own will to live, they had carved a life out of the accursed swamp. People were finally beginning to settle down. The first years of uncertainty were giving way to acceptance, even comfort, and even among the outer settlements. It was almost enough to give Sobol peace. Almost.

Sobol was no longer a young man, and he knew his success in establishing the initial settlements could only carry him so far in the public's favor. Vienetas was politically stagnating, and the citizenry was growing apathetic. Sobol knew a change was necessary. Shuttering his window, he pushed a button on the wall, triggering a communication line to the military base in the mountains of Jangwala.

"Jangwala, give me General Nazari," said Sobol, "Requesting immediate diversion of all resources to establishment of long-range radio transmission tower. It's time to make contact with whatever else may be on this God-forsaken planet."

Alseheia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Alseheia » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Feast
Several large creatures found themselves nesting within the cafeteria, taking advantage of the still warm air. Located in the Northwest Wing of the gigantic facility, they were able to eliminate the relatively light security detachments and plunged themselves eagerly in the soft fleshes that awaited them. Unlike the relatively distasteful prey they were given, the soft-skinned creatures were easy to devour.

One of bipedal monstrosities positioned one of its legs on top of a corpse’s arm and hacked its large jaws into the skull. With a single tug, the genetically modified muscles contracted and pulled. Where there existed resistance of the tendons and ligaments, the creature only pulled harder. That was the hard part, but the following steps were easy for the carnivore. The heart was exposed along with the soft lung tissues. The liver followed next and any other organs remaining following suite. The flesh itself was saved for the young.

In totally, there were sixty bodies.

Control
A large crack shook the relative silence as a single round pierced through the air. In an instant, a large carnivore fell down, missing the majority of its upper body. Several more cracks in the air followed suite, each aimed with precision and calculations that surpassed even the most qualified sharpshooter.

East Corridor 90A secured… moving towards next objective… multiple civilian causalities… severe trauma detected… ignoring bodies… contact found… escapee humans… eliminating…

Three more cracks shook the quiet corridor as 15mm long projectiles shot through the air. Their targets barely held together with most of their body dispersing from the immense kinetic power.

Unlike the security drones, the military drones carried far heavier equipment designed for combat. Utilizing coil-guns and high-powered laser-based weaponry, barely anything possessed a significant threat. Their visors barely shined in the dark with only their heavy footsteps indicating their presence.

They were mainly successful in securing back the majority of the facility. Over nine-hundred civilians were rescued by their efforts. Yet, despite their immense successful, the appearance of escapee primitive humans made the issue more troublesome. Able to carry and use weaponry, they were a great nuisance. Of course, the military had many tools in dealing with genetically inferior beasts. Where the cost of a single metallic slag was worth more than the life of a primitive, they would use more… brutal methods in suppressing the minor rebellion.

Ileeni

There is some severe misunderstandings of how the nations of the human-kind worked, that part was extremely obvious to Alice. Raiding for food? Supplies? Alice couldn't recall when Alseheia had reduced itself to such barbaric actions, though it is an alien that was communicating to her. Alseheia itself receives food from its massive organic farming facilities and any meat were lab-grown to be perfect in any way. Based on the last figures... Alice furrowed her eyebrows as she examined the data coming in from her AR technology, feeding 123,000 addition people wouldn't strain the massive nation.

They were aquatic and thus food sources from the ocean itself would be preferred, which isn't too hard for Alseheia to accommodate. There were several fisheries that were constantly filled with wasted sea-based meat. A single sentence appeared in front of her, being signed by an AI of the Agricultural Department, "We are able to grant their request."

Technological acquisition is important... accede to their request...

Observation of alien behavior in capturing escaped Belua is of interest... accede to their request... we will update you with new information...

Soon the majority of her AR screen was covered with responses by the various sectors of the behemoth that was the Alseheian government. Thankfully, Alice's augmented mind was able to read and keep up with the pace.

"Right..." Alice returned to her polite posture before replying, "the Alseheian government will agree to supply your people with food goods that will be tailored to your people's diet. We will also be interested in the technological exchange and the government will gift you a helicopter similar to the one we are on right now. And Mr. 'Reikecheek', I believe we have a major misunderstanding on how we surface dwellers live. I can assure you that Alseheia does not raid other 'pods' and is isolated from them. Also, Mr. 'Rekecheek', Alseheia and I are ready to make history in opening an arm of diplomacy to you and your people."
Last edited by Alseheia on Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ileeni
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ileeni » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:51 pm

The Chieftain looks puzzled at being called " Mr. " but then seems pleased at the prospect of successful negotiations. " That was easier then I would've thought possible," He straightens up and in his best diplomatic tone, a smooth non threatening purr replied in turn. " I am most pleased to hear this. The construction of an em..em... " he stops then seems to appear to be scrolling through something for a word, ' Cooperation Settlement " that will be the amazement to all to see it. I do have a few ideas for such a settlement. one that will be avalible to both your tribe and mine. * See " A.Q.U.A.R.I.U.M " under my factbook. i'll start it.

Alseheia
Quadroterritorial
Unilateral
Ambassadorial
Relations
and
Inter-marinal
ministry

*Don't judge me, I like acronyms and Aquarium is a tough one to make out lol*

" He looks up the continues. " Of course we will agree to allow you access to the maw as well as the islands we have claimed and the release of those we have captured during our raids. They are unharmed. I will send the order to help you hunt down the escaped creature. I look forward to seeing how your species governs itself as well as having the honor of starting this historical route of universal cooperation.

Alseheia
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Alseheia » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Secured
Survivors of the great escape, people of the primitive tribes, huddled themselves within a room. Their bodies showed fatigue with their prison-like clothing torn and covered in dust. Several bore open wounds still pulsing with blood. A single child whimpered as the heavy footsteps of soldiers thumped on the metallic flooring. The faint glows of the various digital devices dotting the Alseheian drones were the brightest illuminations in the rather dark room.

Detected... organic lifeforms... eliminate?

Ileeni
Alice was rather curious of the proposed settlement, but that was clearly out of her jurisdiction. The Alseheian government was very dictatorial in how it manages the housing of its citizens numbering more than a billion. Thankfully the rapid flowing information by several administrative A.I.s allowed her to piece together a response with the backing of the government itself.

"The Alsehain government would be glad to extend an arm in friendship in constructing this 'settlement,' however, our state is protective of its citizens," Alice responded with a polite and apologetic reply, "We'll need to discuss the details of that settlement heavily. I'm sure my people will send trained professionals to discuss the details. In regards to the escaped creature, its name is Belua. The Alseheian government is more than grateful if your people are willing to aid us in this crisis. If you wish, we can fly over the general location for your people to know the area or we can forward information to you."
Last edited by Alseheia on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ileeni
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ileeni » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:16 pm

He nods in agreement. " I was thinking perhaps a single building on the outer coast, somewhere where we wont be disturbing your people with our....discomforting visage," he lets out a guttural hum, the Ileeni equivalent of a laugh, but it sounds like an angry car engine.

MEANWHILE! IN STATELY WA-, I MEAN, ILEENI MANSION! I dunno

All of over the beaches you are seeing Ileeni in suits pop up. Never the thought of Ileeni " tourist " would be possible but this is what is happening. They and their white suits can be seen all over the beaches and the lower parts of the cities, in full suits and armament. Mostly they keep to themselves but when approached to closely they shake wave their arms and hiss out a warning before continuing to stare at the wonders of the upper world. Mostly it is peaceable but there are a few reportable incidents.

A taxi driver is accosted after getting to close to an Ileeni group and barely makes it out of the situation with his life as well as some slightly smoking dents in his car.

An Ileeni appears at a restaurant trying to figure out where the tantalizing chemical smells are coming from and burns herself slightly.

A water sanitation crew encounters a very lost group of Ileeni under a main pipeline after they followed them in there out of curiosity

A lifeguard tower is taken by force when a group of more hostile Ileeni decide they want it for themselves, chasing out the bewildered lifeguards and slamming the door shut.

Polarisium
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Polarisium » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:35 am

Unification of Polarisium

The newly elected president Tiberius Fauxus, the very first leader of the unified republic, stood at the tribune in the Phoenix hall of the Government Spire, addressing the assembled politicians, citizens and reporters. The rays of the rising sun passed straight through the transparent windows of the building and painted everything in rich golden color. Indeed, it was the same outside, where many more people gathered. His inauguration ceremony had just concluded and it was time for the president to speak.

“It is truly an honor for me to stand here, accompanied by all the former leaders of the former spire-states*,” Tiberius said in the way of greeting as cameras flashed. “For the past decades we have been fractured, fighting each other, but no more! Now we stand united! Our lands free of bloodshed and conflict.”

“The campaign to unify Polarisium and its many spire-states has been long and hard, with numerous challenges, but we preserved and now a new era is at the door, knocking. The age of old squabbles is over, we need to stay together to not only preserve our way of life, but to advance. We will not follow the walked path, we will make our way, we will pursue our dreams and our happiness!”

There were flashes of holocameras and applause.

“Many new challenges lie ahead, but our resourcefulness, our science and our wisdom will guide us to prosperity. We are not alone in the world, and we welcome both friendship and competition. We are open to the planet of Enkon Delta, we hope that cooperation between us and our neighbors will bring us both wealth, knowledge and goodwill.”

“The first day of my presidency is upon us and everyone on my team is eager to start working,” Tiberius said, looking over the crowd. “As the old page turns, the new one is there for us to write history, let's write it together!”

(*) - Spire is how Polareans refer to a city, because they build cities as large and tall spires.
Last edited by Polarisium on Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip"

Polarisium
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Polarisium » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:10 pm

Invitation to the Summit

SEEKING to develop connections to other nations in the larger world,

BELIEVING in the necessity of trade and harm of limitations on it to the prosperity of its citizens,

ASSURED that exchange of ideas, just as much as exchange of goods, is detrimental to scientific and cultural development,

The Federal Republic of Polarisium hereby formally invites representatives of all the interested nations to the summit in Polaris Spire, Polaris, to discuss the matter of establishing diplomatic relations and any other potential deals.

The most important item on the agenda will be establishing diplomatic relations with other nations. It is the hope of the Polarean Government, however, that the topics of trade and science will also be reviewed.

PM me either using the NS telegrams or via Discord to participate. I am not sure as of yet as to the amount of character-based roleplay involved, but I am open to discussion. As far as I know people will PM me and we will discuss what agreements our countries are willing to sign, if any. Later I will post the official results of the summit (that is, if anyone participates).
Last edited by Polarisium on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip"

Nedea
Spokesperson

Founded: May 20, 2009
Corporate Police State

Coffee Catastrophe!

Postby Nedea » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:40 pm

BREAKING!
SAY GOODBYE TO COFFEE FOR AWHILE NEDEA
Argus Organic Enterprises, one of the largest agricultural businesses in the world and member of the Syndicate has destroyed the Nedean coffee industry. That's right, coffee, gone! How can this be you might ask? Argus Organic and Corporeal Industries, in an attempt to create a more potent (and cheaper) pesticide to combat the destructive "Coco Locust" that plagues Nedea's many coffee bean fields, have engineered a mutagenic compound that transformed the bug. A once mildly annoying insect has become a super-pest. The compound, KX-21, also known as Pesto-Destructo changed the behavior and some of the chemical functions of the creature. These changes include increased metabolism, faster reproductive cycle, and much larger pincers. This new insect, commonly referred to as the Loco Coco is also much more aggressive and "hungry" than it's actually quite tame counterparts.
The "Loco Coco" has already started it's caffeine crackdown across Nedea. The last coffee field should be devoured within the next few weeks. Fortunately the pest seems to only be interested in coffee plants. In the meantime Argus and several other coffee farms have laid-off millions of Nedean Coffee Farmers. This has lead to an extreme worker surplus not seen in years but many of the farmers are upset and feel as though Argus owes them "reparations" or "at least a decent severance package." Argus has declined any comment on the situation with the farmers.
Coffee is flying off the shelves all across Nedea with many people fearing the coming "Coffee Drought." It is not yet known if the "Loco Cocos" can be taken care of yet and as a result, Argus is seeking out other nations with fertile land to farm the glorious coffee bean and hopefully make up the loss in Nedea. Ned*Mart has also begun searching for a new coffee import to help augment the little remaining beans on the shelf. Here's to that last cup of Joe for awhile. I'm Calvin Caster and you're watching SLNN. Stay sharp Nedea.
Last edited by Nedea on Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Syndicated Corporations
Libertarian in the streets. Anarchist in the sheets.
Each One Of Us Has Something Special, That Makes Us Different, That Makes Us Rare.
“If they won't love you, make them fear you.”

Regnum Dominae wrote:
Democratic Koyro wrote:It's highly unlikely. I'd go as far as saying virtually impossible for the judaeo-christian-islamic God to exist.

If it does (which it doesn't), it has proven itself to be a sadistic, genocidal megalomaniac and eliminating it must be our first priority as a species.

The Kredit Union
Regional Role Play

Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby 46566 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:20 pm

Grand Duchy looks to hire some of the Unemployed Nedean farmers
Midgari- The Grand Duchy has issued a temporary work permits and Visa's for Nedeans hurt by the current employment problem in Nedea. The proposed work is in the north and north eastern areas between the current border of 46566 and the sea. The Nedean workers will work to help develop the infrastructure of the area. The reason for hiring the Nedean workers is to not hurt the economy of the rest of the nation. By slowly moving Midgari to the region as infrastructure is built the new local population will not be strained for resources.
The Nedeans hired will be eligible for citizenship should they wish to apply for it. The Nedean workers could potentially earn a better living for the term of the contract then in Nedea. The hopes are that the new immigrants wouldn't suffer from to much of a culture shock between their old lives in Nedea.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents