NATION

PASSWORD

Ye Olde Spellbook Creation Thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Ye Olde Spellbook Creation Thread

Postby Rovikstead » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:05 pm

A year ago, I made a factbook called "Ye Olde Spellbook." It was an archive of spells inspired by medieval/fantasy franchises such as Skyrim and contributions by forumers on NationStates. I came back after around a year of leaving Nationstates, and I'm eager to expanding this factbook and eventually creating a medieval region that uses fantasy/magical elements.

Every wizard needs his book of spells.
This thread will be used to compile spells for my factbook, "Ye Olde Book of Spells."
I would appreciate input from other nations. All nations who contribute will be credited on the top of the factbook.
Please do not suggest overpowered or impractical spells.

Spells are organized into eight categories: Creation, Destruction, Divination, Illusion, Necromancy, and Restoration. Each spell has its strengths and weakness, and typically consumes Magika to be performed. The amount of Magika needed to cast a spell varies on its power and effectiveness. Magika is measured by the following qualitative terms ordered greatest to smallest: HH -> MH -> H -> SH -> HM -> MM -> M -> SM -> HS -> MS -> S -> SS. Spells' Magika when denoted with "/T" means that the spell lasts a short period of time (in seconds or minutes) since casting.

Spell Template
Code: Select all
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Category: [/b]
[b]Effects: [/b]
[b]Magika Cost:[/b]

[b]Extra Comments or Variables:[/b]
Last edited by Rovikstead on Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Convention on International Oil Spills, A Convention on Freshwater Shortages
Co-Author of Reducing Food Waste
Former Minister of Culture in TEP
The Glorious Third Reign of Templedom wrote:** RED FLAG ** . ** RING CHURCH BELLS ** . ** BESTIALITY ALERT ** . ** CHRISTIANS TAKE COVER **

The French Crown
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The French Crown » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Name: Limite de l'esprit mortel et l'esprit divin
Category: Destruction
Effects: Boost user's Durability and Spell Effectiveness x2, also splits the target in half "metaphysically" before joining it back together, reducing target's spell effectiveness to x0.33
Magika Cost: SS

Extra Comments or Variables: Spell has 50% chance of failing unless if its used in France. If used in France, the spell can't fail.
I don't use NS stats!

In partnership with: Carlist Spains
Dieu, Roi et Pays

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:38 pm

The French Crown wrote:Name: Limite de l'esprit mortel et l'esprit divin
Effects: Boost user's Durability and Spell Effectiveness x2, also splits the target in half "metaphysically" before joining it back together, reducing target's spell effectiveness to x0.33

Extra Comments or Variables: Spell has 50% chance of failing unless if its used in France. If used in France, the spell can't fail.

I love the French part.
Author of Convention on International Oil Spills, A Convention on Freshwater Shortages
The Glorious Third Reign of Templedom wrote:** RED FLAG ** . ** RING CHURCH BELLS ** . ** BESTIALITY ALERT ** . ** CHRISTIANS TAKE COVER **

The French Crown
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The French Crown » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:48 pm

Rovikstead wrote:
The French Crown wrote:Name: Limite de l'esprit mortel et l'esprit divin

I love the French part.

We make the best lotions and the best potions ;^)
I don't use NS stats!

In partnership with: Carlist Spains
Dieu, Roi et Pays

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:45 pm

The French Crown wrote:
Rovikstead wrote:I love the French part.

We make the best lotions and the best potions ;^)

What would you think of a spell that makes baguettes appear out of thin air?

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:42 pm

Finally, an awesome thread for me to post my leader's moves! Well, here you go!

Name: Sword of Damocles
Category: Creation, Destruction
Effects: Creates a gigantic sword made of light and darkness above the opponent, before dropping it, causing massive damage
Magika Cost: MH/T

Extra Comments or Variables: Users can increase the number of swords, and/or add another element to it for a higher cost. They can also change the direction of the sword's movement.

Name: Fire Punch
Effects: Sets the user's hands on fire, allowing him/her to to strike with additional damage.
Magika Cost: SS/T

Extra Comments or Variables: Just a flame, powered punch, actually

Name: Flame tiger
Category: Creation
Effects: Creates a tiger made of flames
Magika Cost: SM/T

Extra Comments or Variables: Users can create more tigers or make the tigers last longer for additional costs.

Name: Flame Stomp
Effects: The user stamps his/her foot, causing the area around him/her to burst into flames.
Magika Cost: MS/T

Extra Comments or Variables:

Name: Burning Tiger Uppercut
Effects: The user performs an uppercut on his/her opponent whilst his/her fist is engulfed in tiger-shaped flames.
Magika Cost: SH/T

Name: Wind Falcon High Kick
Effects: With his/her leg covered in falcon-shaped wind energy, the user kicks his/her opponent into the air.

Extra Comments or Variables: This move belongs to Han Young Gi of N i h o n

Name: Flying Tiger Uppercut Kick
Effects: One user performs Burning Tiger Uppercut whilst his/her partner performs Wind Falcon High kick at the same time, causing their energies to combine into the shape of a winged tiger made of flames and wind.

Extra Comments or Variables: Timing is essential! Make sure your partner does his/her spell at the perfect time and you'll deal high damage!

Name: Chains of Light
Effects: The user restrains the opponent with chains of bright light.
Magika Cost: MS

Name: Hands of Darkness
Effects: The user holds the target with hands made of dark energy.

Name: Winged Saviour
Category: Destuction, Restoration
Effects: The user flies and spreads his wings, creating a white explosion which heals all innocent creatures and harms evil ones within a 200m radius.
Magika Cost: HH

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by Heavenly Emperot Cheonsa.
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:25 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Finally, an awesome thread for me to post my leader's moves! Well, here you go!

Name: Sword of Damocles
Effects: Creates a gigantic sword made of light and darkness above the opponent, before dropping it, causing massive damage

Extra Comments or Variables: Users can increase the number of swords, and/or add another element to it for a higher cost. They can also change the direction of the sword's movement.

Name: Fire Punch
Effects: Sets the user's hands on fire, allowing him/her to to strike with additional damage.
Magika Cost: SS/T

Extra Comments or Variables: Just a flame, powered punch, actually

Name: Flame tiger
Effects: Creates a tiger made of flames
Magika Cost: SM/T

Extra Comments or Variables: Users can create more tigers or make the tigers last longer for additional costs.

Name: Flame Stomp
Effects: The user stamps his/her foot, causing the area around him/her to burst into flames.
Magika Cost: MS/T

Name: Burning Tiger Uppercut
Effects: The user performs an uppercut on his/her opponent whilst his/her fist is engulfed in tiger-shaped flames.

Name: Wind Falcon High Kick
Effects: With his/her leg covered in falcon-shaped wind energy, the user kicks his/her opponent into the air.

Extra Comments or Variables: This move belongs to Han Young Gi of N i h o n

Name: Flying Tiger Uppercut Kick
Effects: One user performs Burning Tiger Uppercut whilst his/her partner performs Wind Falcon High kick at the same time, causing their energies to combine into the shape of a winged tiger made of flames and wind.

Extra Comments or Variables: Timing is essential! Make sure your partner does his/her spell at the perfect time and you'll deal high damage!

Name: Chains of Light
Effects: The user restrains the opponent with chains of bright light.

Name: Hands of Darkness
Effects: The user holds the target with hands made of dark energy.

Name: Winged Saviour
Category: Destuction, Restoration
Effects: The user flies and spreads his wings, creating a white explosion which heals all innocent creatures and harms evil ones within a 200m radius.
Magika Cost: HH

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by Heavenly Emperot Cheonsa.

Those are awesome ideas. I'll definitely add a lot of those into the factbook. I'll be sure to credit you in the top of the factbook.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:31 am

Name: Horn of Patermut
Category: Restoration, Destruction
Effects: Forms a sphere of snow-storm around the caster.
Magika Cost:50,25 M/s

Extra Comments or Variables: The Spell's geometrical variables are a bit unstable, which makes it a bit shaky for normal users. Focal points for the spell's recharge are in Wind-breath, the lowest level of ground around the caster, and the exact opposite form of it in the geometrical graph.
The Confederal Alliance of Pilarcraft ✺ That world will cease to be
Led by The Triumvirate.
OOC | Military | History |Language | Overview | Parties | Q&A | Factbooks
Proud Civic Persian Nationalist
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:43 am

Pilarcraft wrote:Name: Horn of Patermut
Category: Restoration, Destruction
Effects: Forms a sphere of snow-storm around the caster.
Magika Cost:50,25 M/s

Extra Comments or Variables: The Spell's geometrical variables are a bit unstable, which makes it a bit shaky for normal users. Focal points for the spell's recharge are in Wind-breath, the lowest level of ground around the caster, and the exact opposite form of it in the geometrical graph.

Sounds cool. I'll be sure to add it.

Pelgard
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pelgard » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:26 pm

Name: By the Grace of the Light
Category: Restoration
Effects: Heals the Caster relative to the injury sustained, restoring lost blood, sealing lacerations and restoring burnt flesh. Restoration of limbs requires more advanced spells.
Magika Cost: HS

Extra Comments or Variables: You could probably double-cast it with substantial concentration.

(I use this myself in my own canon, feel free!)
The Republic of Pelgard

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:57 pm

Pelgard wrote:Name: By the Grace of the Light
Category: Restoration
Effects: Heals the Caster relative to the injury sustained, restoring lost blood, sealing lacerations and restoring burnt flesh. Restoration of limbs requires more advanced spells.

Extra Comments or Variables: You could probably double-cast it with substantial concentration.

(I use this myself in my own canon, feel free!)

Sounds great! Thanks for the contribution.

Silverlight
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Silverlight » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:02 pm

I may need to think of a few exclusive to my nation's concept. I'll follow this thread in the meantime.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:46 am

Rovikstead wrote:Those are awesome ideas. I'll definitely add a lot of those into the factbook. I'll be sure to credit you in the top of the factbook.

You think so? Thanks, mate. I'll add some more, this time, moves used by the first Heavenly Empress...

Name: Create water
Effects: The user creates water.

Name: Ice Wall
Effects: The user raises a wall of ice to shield him/herself and allies from danger.

Name: Water Cloak
Effects: The user creates a layer of water around his/her body, reducing damage taken from fire-based attacks.
Magika Cost: M/T

Extra Comments or Variables: As long as this is active, the user takes extra damage from electricity-based attacks.

Name: Water Dragon
Effects: The user creates a dragon out of water to aid in combat.

Extra Comments or Variables: More dragons can be created and/or sustained for a longer time at a higher cost.

Name: Ice Daggers
Effects: The user creates daggers out of ice.
Magika Cost: S

Name: Aqua Bullet
Effects: The user fires a quick, accurate bullet made of water.

Name: Ice Prison
Effects: The user encases the target in thick, strong, ice.
Magika Cost: M

Extra Comments or Variables: The user can encase only certain parts of the target, if he/she wishes, at a lower cost.

Name: Aqua Dome
Effects: The user covers a certain area in a blob of water.
Magika Cost: MH

Name: Air Bubble
Effects: The user creates a bubble of air on the target's head, allowing the target to breathe underwater.
Magika Cost: HM

Extra Comments or Variables: Also useful for suffocating creatures with gills.

Name: Water Bubble
Effects: The user creates a bubble of water on the target's head, suffocating the target.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can also be used to help a gilled creature breathe out of water.

Name: Dragonic Rage
Effects: The user rapidly flies in a circle, dealing damage to everything in a radius of X, where X is the user's length squared.
Magika Cost: HH/T

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by dragons or other beings whilst in dragon form. Damage type depends on the user (e.g. a thunder dragon will create a thunderstorm, a fire dragon will incinerate the area, etc.)

Name: Ice Queen's Palace
Effects: The user creates a mobile fortress made of ice.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by female monarchs. The design of the fortress is unique to each user.

Name: Ice Queen's Loyal Guards
Effects: The user creates huge, living constructs of ice to aid in combat.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by female monarchs. The form and abilities of the guards is unique to each user.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:49 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Rovikstead wrote:Those are awesome ideas. I'll definitely add a lot of those into the factbook. I'll be sure to credit you in the top of the factbook.

You think so? Thanks, mate. I'll add some more, this time, moves used by the first Heavenly Empress...

Name: Create water
Effects: The user creates water.

Name: Ice Wall
Effects: The user raises a wall of ice to shield him/herself and allies from danger.

Name: Water Cloak
Effects: The user creates a layer of water around his/her body, reducing damage taken from fire-based attacks.
Magika Cost: M/T

Extra Comments or Variables: As long as this is active, the user takes extra damage from electricity-based attacks.

Name: Water Dragon
Effects: The user creates a dragon out of water to aid in combat.

Extra Comments or Variables: More dragons can be created and/or sustained for a longer time at a higher cost.

Name: Ice Daggers
Effects: The user creates daggers out of ice.
Magika Cost: S

Name: Aqua Bullet
Effects: The user fires a quick, accurate bullet made of water.

Name: Ice Prison
Effects: The user encases the target in thick, strong, ice.

Extra Comments or Variables: The user can encase only certain parts of the target, if he/she wishes, at a lower cost.

Name: Aqua Dome
Effects: The user covers a certain area in a blob of water.

Name: Air Bubble
Effects: The user creates a bubble of air on the target's head, allowing the target to breathe underwater.

Extra Comments or Variables: Also useful for suffocating creatures with gills.

Name: Water Bubble
Effects: The user creates a bubble of water on the target's head, suffocating the target.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can also be used to help a gilled creature breathe out of water.

Name: Dragonic Rage
Effects: The user rapidly flies in a circle, dealing damage to everything in a radius of X, where X is the user's length squared.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by dragons or other beings whilst in dragon form. Damage type depends on the user (e.g. a thunder dragon will create a thunderstorm, a fire dragon will incinerate the area, etc.)

Name: Ice Queen's Palace
Effects: The user creates a mobile fortress made of ice.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by female monarchs. The design of the fortress is unique to each user.

Name: Ice Queen's Loyal Guards
Effects: The user creates huge, living constructs of ice to aid in combat.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by female monarchs. The form and abilities of the guards is unique to each user.

I love you and your spells. Please marry me :^)

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:51 am

I'll be sure to add a ton of these spells onto the factbook after my midterm exam.

I would also like to add that even though this spellbook is for my region, The Obsidian Realm, I encourage anyone who would like to use the spellbook to do so freely. I would like to ask that credit to both myself and the contributors of the spellbook is properly given however.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:55 am

Rovikstead wrote:I love you and your spells. Please marry me :^)

Aww you do? Thanks. In all seriousness though, I'm a straight man.

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:02 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Rovikstead wrote:I love you and your spells. Please marry me :^)

Aww you do? Thanks. In all seriousness though, I'm a straight man.

D I D Y O U J U S T A S S U M E M Y G E N D E R

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:08 am

No, just telling you mine, actually. Are you going to make a similar thread for creatures?

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:13 am

A m e n r i a wrote:No, just telling you mine, actually. Are you going to make a similar thread for creatures?

I had done one a while back and I do anticipate making another very soon, but I want to reorganize and reformat a factbook I made on an index of fantasy creatures before I do.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:53 am

I'm looking forward to it. Now, for exclusive moves! Wheee!

Name: Blight of Day
Category: Creation?
Effects: The user creates clouds or move existing ones to cover the sun.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by vampires.

Name: Bat Swarm
Category: Creation, Necromancy, Destruction
Effects: Either from nearby bat colonies, corpses of fallen enemies, or pure dark energy, the user creates a huge swarm of bats, able to consume almost all in its path.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by vampires.

Name: Expel
Category: Destruction, Restoration
Effects: The user obliterates the target with a pillar of light OR the user removes curses, poison and evil spirits from the target's body.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by holy beings (angels, half-angels, dragons, etc.) Target must be a demon or a very evil being or a being affected by a poison, a curse, or possession.

Name: Fox Flames
Effects: The user creates X fireballs, which can be moved and/or detonated at will, where X is the number of the user's tails.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be permorfed by werefoxes. The power of the fireballs also corresponds to the number of the user's tails.

Name: Daimonji Burst
Effects: The user dashes four times in the shape of a daimonji, whilst scratching the target each time, before making his/her trail burst into flames

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by werefoxes. Deals additional damage to undead.

Name: Howl of the Pack
Category: Restorative?
Effects: The user howls, increasing the regeneration rate of friendly canines and increasing their strength and speed.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by werewolves.

Name: Bull Charge
Category: Illusion? Destruction
Effects: The user slows the target's perception whilst increasing his/her own speed, durability and strength, before crashing into the target.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by minotaurs.

Name: Show Yourself!
Category: Divination
Effects: The user forcibly transforms the target into its true form, and/or reveals the target if it's invisible.

Extra Comments or Variables: Target must be a shapeshifter or ghost.

Name: Come, Broddas!
Effects: The user summons a group of creatures to aid in combat.

Extra Comments or Variables: The user must either be from Uganda or in Uganda. Creatures summoned must be males from the same species as the user.

Name: Show De Wae
Category: Illusion
Effects: The user shows the way to the target's destination or a way for the target to achieve its goals via mental projection.

Extra Comments or Variables: The user must either be from Uganda or in Uganda.

Name: I Got A Boy
Effects: The user summons a male sentient creature.

Extra Comments or Variables: Can only be performed by females whilst dancing to the song by SNSD.

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:54 pm

By tomorrow, I should have completed reformatting the species index and added the spells on this thread

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:56 pm

I'm sorry for neglecting adding the new spells and completing the species index. By tomorrow, I will finish both. I would appreciate, in the meantime, any suggestions for edits or things to add to the spellbook or species index.
Last edited by Rovikstead on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Quesya
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Quesya » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:06 pm

Name: Legacy of Pompeii
Category: Alteration, Destruction
Effects: Causes the target’s blood to boil and melt them from the inside.
Magika Cost: 75

Extra Comments or Variables: Target takes an extra 50 damage to health if they are a Dark Elf or user is on Solstheim.
~~ Imperium Quesae ~~
| Q&A | Overview |

A hybridised Byzantine Empire of Slavs, Greeks and Turks created in the 1400s and led by Her Imperial Majesty Hesychia III in the present day. Quesya is an Enlightened Absolute Monarchy, with the state religion being a corrupted form of Christianity.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:06 pm

Rovikstead wrote:I'm sorry for neglecting adding the new spells and completing the species index. By tomorrow, I will finish both. I would appreciate, in the meantime, any suggestions for edits or things to add to the spellbook or species index.

How about a more specific way of putting in a species characteristics? Like number of limbs, home world or something?

Arkeyana
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Arkeyana » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:34 pm

[WARNING: THE FOLLOWING ABILITY IS USED AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF YOU START FEELING A LACK OF EMPATHY, FEAR, OR REGRET AND A MAJOR BLOODLUST, PLEASE CONTACT THE NEAREST ARKEYANAN MILITARY BASE, THANK YOU]
-Task Force Zeroth.

Name: SOUL Fabrication.
Category: Creation, Destruction.
Effects: Manifests any weapon the User imagines, with restictions such as unable to produce guns. (Except for SOUL Cannons
Negative Effects: Loss of Emotion, Bloodlust, mutation, or, in the most severe cases of SOUL Failure, Melting.
Magika Cost: 100

Extra Comments or Variables: In Event of SOUL Failure and any of the above Symptoms are noticed, please contact The Nearest Military outpost.... Where a Strike Team will be launched to detain you for the safety of those around you.... If rapid Deterioration of User occurs, please move away from them. If the User appears to be melting and falls over, do not, and I repeat, DO. NOT. Touch them..

This is basically a spell that can go horribly, horribly wrong.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information