NATION

PASSWORD

Interest for a SciFi rp (Interest/SciFi)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Should I make this role play?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes : 11

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Interest for a SciFi rp (Interest/SciFi)

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:47 am

I am thinking about creating a Science Fiction role play, so I am making this to see how many people will actually want to join. I will put ideas below and see if I should actually do it. There is going to be a poll above.

Will be able to create alien race.
Main storyline?
Visiting a new galaxy?
Laser or Plasma weaponry?
And more to come.
Last edited by Tribe of Rinos on Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Coesu
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Coesu » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 am

I'm interested.

My story idea takes place in another sector of the galaxy colonized in 2450 by a secret rebel faction. It is now 2960 and a mysterious capsule is spotted around nearby pulsar Co9-NAS0.

The main world in the sector is a Earth-like world called Corona, and the total human population of the sector is in the hundreds of millions (with many billions more AIs)

The details are everybody else's discretion.
WE ARE NOT GREENLAND! Canada is probably the closest IRL equivalent

The Imperium of Terran Systems
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium of Terran Systems » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:59 am

I'm interested as well, here's an Idea:

The year is 4502, and the nations of the galaxy are collapsing, Civil War, Disease, and pirates run rampant. In a last ditch effort, the last remaining empires send out colony ships to the nearby Andromeda Galaxy.

Millenia later, they arrive. new nations are founded as new capitals are established. A new galaxy awaits you.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 am

Perhaps a more hard Sci-fi RP. My idea is that Humanity began to expand out into the rest of the galaxy however they did without the aid of FTL travel, using engines that could only travel at the speed of light . This means that all colonies established were completely cut off from Earth for an extraordinarily long periods of time, this leads to numerous worlds declaring independence from the Earth government and as the centuries passed by Earth itself passed into legend. This RP could take place in the year 3300 in a solar system that had colonised millennia ago which has also forgotten completely about Earth. In said solar system Humanity has genetically engineered itself creating new subraces with each one claiming to be the original. The main story for this RP could be that the Humans from the Sol system are returning to reclaim their lost empire for they have now discovered FTL travel and have in general much more advanced technology than those in the solar system. So what do you think?

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:45 am

The Imperium of Terran Systems wrote:I'm interested as well, here's an Idea:

The year is 4502, and the nations of the galaxy are collapsing, Civil War, Disease, and pirates run rampant. In a last ditch effort, the last remaining empires send out colony ships to the nearby Andromeda Galaxy.

Millenia later, they arrive. new nations are founded as new capitals are established. A new galaxy awaits you.

Almost sounds like the plot of that one Mass Effect
Last edited by Tribe of Rinos on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
-SHEOGORATH

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:51 am

Tribe of Rinos wrote:

We do not speak of that game.

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium of Terran Systems » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:56 am

Tribe of Rinos wrote:

minus genocidal robot spaceships, its just the base of civilization: ashes to ashes, dust to dust, spaceships to... spaceships.

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Tethys 13 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:00 am

I'm part of a SciFi RP but it seems to be dying sadly. I'd be fine with any RP where my nation can be itself.
The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >31 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use NationStates statistics, with some artistic license.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:25 am

Why not set it in a massive sprawling galactic empire, which is quickly giving way to stagnation and decadence?
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:43 am

So...
That’s a yes?
Also, I need help brainstorming names
Last edited by Tribe of Rinos on Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
-SHEOGORATH

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:45 am

Labstoska wrote:Perhaps a more hard Sci-fi RP. My idea is that Humanity began to expand out into the rest of the galaxy however they did without the aid of FTL travel, using engines that could only travel at the speed of light . This means that all colonies established were completely cut off from Earth for an extraordinarily long periods of time, this leads to numerous worlds declaring independence from the Earth government and as the centuries passed by Earth itself passed into legend. This RP could take place in the year 3300 in a solar system that had colonised millennia ago which has also forgotten completely about Earth. In said solar system Humanity has genetically engineered itself creating new subraces with each one claiming to be the original. The main story for this RP could be that the Humans from the Sol system are returning to reclaim their lost empire for they have now discovered FTL travel and have in general much more advanced technology than those in the solar system. So what do you think?

Sounds awesome.
-SHEOGORATH

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Tethys 13 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 pm

how about Migration of Darkness? (for a going-out-across-the-void idea, would fit with the above as both referencing the no-FTL initial colonisation and the danger of the new wave from Earth)
Bold New Worlds? (more positive?)
Dying of the Light? (more negative?)
Thousand Earths? (Loads of different human races claiming that their earth is the real one?)
Lure of the Void? (exploration?)
The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >31 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use NationStates statistics, with some artistic license.

Morasius
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morasius » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 pm

I would be interested.
I have a Youtube Channel if you're interested.

I personally practice Martial Morality. That's probably why I seem weird.

Labstoska
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm

Here is my nomination for the name 'The true Humans', going with the idea that humanity has spliced itself to such a degree that when the Humans from Sol arrive the genetically altered humans of the colonised solar systems believe them to be aliens.

Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium of Terran Systems » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:16 pm

How about Splintered Galaxy, seeing humanity has splintered.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:44 am

The Imperium of Terran Systems wrote:How about Splintered Galaxy, seeing humanity has splintered.

I like that one
-SHEOGORATH

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:10 am

So I’m starting the OOC now. I’ll have the link up after I finish
-SHEOGORATH

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:41 am

And here we go
OOC
-SHEOGORATH

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse