NATION

PASSWORD

Ban on computers

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Mousyria
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Ban on computers

Postby Mousyria » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 am

Hello,
A while back i received an issue about daylight savings time, and I chose to switch to sundials. This choice banned computers, I was wondering if there are any issues that allow you to legalize computer use.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:45 am

Surprisingly few.

There's 8 in game options that ban computers, and only 2 that revoke that ban, and both are in issue 228.

Meanwhile there's no less than 28 options and/or issues that get excluded from you for having banned computers and 58 more excluded from having no internet (which is implied by no computers).

On the one hand, that does mean being computer-free means missing out on a lot of stories for now. On the other hand, it means the reversal issue will come round that much faster.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:48 am

BTW, I'm half of a mind to remove that change, as you say it's a little hard to expect even though computers are mentioned in the issue. It's just about possible to have a computer without electronic timekeeping, though it very much limits possible functions, and as far as most issues and computer use are concerned, the sort of things they're talking about probably require computers that are able to measure time.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Return to Got Issues?