NATION

PASSWORD

Heroes Of Tomorrow (IC | Superhero)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zyanica
Secretary

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Aswang

Postby Zyanica » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:48 am

Porphyrios Yasha hated coups. For that hatred, she let that carry over with how she treated the new woman in charge. Ai Jiang. She kept on spitting on the ground quietly when she heard that name outside of the walls of the organization.

As a new Guardian, she knew how to keep quiet in the face of her superiors and seniors. But as a soldier, she hated it when officers violently took control of situations from those who were properly put in control. With casualties on Ais name and Yasha conducting a little of her own investigation against her, the Filipino "Bullet Maker" was to hold this for months or years depending on how well Ai played her own life.

They waited for the orders to move out. So Yasha took this time to check her gear. She had her pistol, her pistol magazines, her power armor, her helmet, her face mask, her sunglasses, her canteen, her GPS and her compass and map. She also had the rest of her stuff in her backpack. For now, she made sure not to hold any weapons but to carry them. With her was a G36 with a modified barrel, larger magazines and Yashas own decorations. It had her serial number and name and the flag of her country painted close to the chamber.

The South East Asian female soldier also had her lead rosary plus her lead rods. She was able to gather a lot of lead to make 3 inch rods that could easily be stored on her belt or in her pack. She made sure that she didn't carry too much and prayed to God that she could find lead if the environment was good.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:45 pm

Grant Ball

Grant had had it up to here with the Guardians.

Since that coup, Ai Jiang had now become the new leader of the Guardians. Some cold, crazy murderer who made blood-licker look sane, was the head of the trainee program for a superhuman defense organization. A-mazing. Ai had slaughtered innocents, destroyed the credibility of the organization, and was sending the trainees on this wild-goose chase in some jungle village in Argentina, after some regenerative parasite. Grant was wondering by now if Ai was trying to help solve this so-called "storm", or if she just wanted more blood on her hands. Grant guessed a little bit of both.

So that's why Grant had a plan. A plan to help get over all this crap over the Guardians. But it would be risky to carry out, and it could involve Grant getting filled with lead, something he didn't exactly appreciate. Or getting stabbed, having his blood licked before being tossed out window into a mob, that could happen too. Although, Argentinian mobs might be less crazy than Chinese mobs, so who knows?

Grant pulled his baseball cap lower on his head and pushed his sunglasses back up his sweaty nose as he headed out to the crowd of trainees, half of which might be dead within the mission if the Guardians flawless track record was to be believed. He had decided to leave the skateboard, only carrying the guitar with him, securely strapped into his case. He also had a small satchel on his back, containing a water bottle, a pack of gum, an almost-empty box of sleeping pills, some pistol magazines filled with ammo, and his gauntlets and greaves, just in case he needed them. He also had a Swiss Army Knife strapped to his thigh, and on the other thigh, the pistol he had picked up in Hong Kong, which he had conveniently forgotten to return to that blonde girl. Ever since the coup, he had never left it.

He was one of the last to leave the building, hurrying out to meet with the others, after he had taken one too many sleeping pills. Soon, that Riley dude, some Irish girl and that teacher-fucker again. Why was it that in Grant's life, he had to be in close proximity to people who piss him off? He caught wind of her saying something about deja vu, and how she wasn't sure if she should stay or leave. Grant then backed up a bit, and bent down slightly, and hissed into her ear.

"Oh, I'm sure you want to leave, so you can be reunited with your good friend Ai again." he hissed out, clenching his teeth at the last little bit. He then straightened up, and walked away, blending into the crowd. She had no reason to kill him, he hadn't started any rumors...yet.
yea bro idk

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:32 pm

"Choris de Ignotis"
Kachina, Child of the Occulta Vulgares
Venancio, Argentina

This was another first for Kachina. Which was not surprising considering her past. Her first time in South America, Argentina specifically. So, while she stood there waiting to board an SUV, and perform her first mission, she looked around. Taking in everything she could, she could not help but smile. It's kinda nice here... quiet, sunny and just nice... though it could be cooler...

Her observing of the area around her ended as she saw someone she considered a friend. Even though it had been days since the coup thing, which she originally didn't understand, and honestly still didn't, she had yet to really get to know others. Maybe it was the fact that since the coup she was a little more warry about people she didn't know. Maybe it was some other force beyond her control. Either way, it didn't matter.

"Brianna!" She said and waved to the Irish girl, "How are you doing? Also, what do you think of this place? Oh, and what do you think of this mission? Something about parasites... I wasn't really listening, I was more excited about visiting somewhere new. More experiences leads to more knowledge for me to bring back to my people."

"Assoluzione Attraverso la Punizone"
Axelia Rossi, Healing and Bleeding
Venancio, Argentina

Argentina. While she hadn't been to Argentina before, she had been to similar places before with her father and mother. Family vactions and such. But this was the first time she had come to the southern hemisphere for something other than leisure. Apparently they thought her power would be helpful on this mission. While she understood why they would think that, she personally thought she was more likely to be a liability, since she had only recently started to learn how to fight, and really, she wasn't very good at it.

Also, the fact that this mission was where it was really didn't make her want to come. It was South America, and not the coast. Closer to forests and jungles. Which meant bugs. Lots, and lots of bugs. She watched the others, but didn't really bother to go talk to any of them. So she stood their and waited.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Computer Lab
Envoy

Founded: Mar 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Computer Lab » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:11 pm

Mike Purcell
Mike groaned as he wiped his brow with the edge of his sleeve. If it wasn't a social faux pas he would have stripped down further than his usual t-shirt and shorts... well, that and the ever-present threat of mosquitoes. He grabbed an energy bar out of a compartment on his toolbelt. The excessive sweating, paired with his superhuman metabolism, meant that he had to eat almost constantly to be prepped for an emergency.

At least he was in a better position than he would be if they had gone on this mission a few weeks ago. Mike had taken advantage of the firing range and instructors to learn how to handle a gun properly. He had wanted to use a pistol because they were easier to conceal and carry around, but was roundly scolded by his instructors, who finally beat it into him that a rifle would be a better choice. Not only did they have a longer range, but they were easier to aim with, especially for someone new to firearms. He didn't have any illusions that he was a crack shot, but he could at least be trusted not to shoot himself in the face.

The mission was bothering him too. First there was the whole debacle in the infirmary with Kana, and suddenly they got whisked off on a mission to investigate a parasite that had miraculous healing properties? The two events seemed near certainly related. The departure of his only friend after the mass detainments didn't help his growing sense of paranoia. The shoe was going to drop sometime soon, and he just hoped he was going to make it through the chaos.

He didn't even want to think about the failed coup. He shrugged his shoulders, wiped his brow again - this time much less successfully, as his sleeve was almost soaked from the sweat from before. Why couldn't the mission have been somewhere a little colder?
Please, call me Phil.

Caruolinda
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Caruolinda » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:27 pm

Ki Yong-Jin

All positive bonds that Ki had with the Guardians had been severed with the coup. The slaughter that took place during the awards ceremony and the sudden seizure of power by the mind behind such attack only worsened his previous condition, himself now having no loyalty to the organization whatsoever. The coming storm, she said. Well, they had had their fucking storm, and it involved a massacre!

He was also on a mission in a place he had forgotten existed. Now that he had thought of it, he had entirely forgotten that the Americas had any countries other than the United States, Mexico and Canada, but all of that was irrelevant. They had something to do, it just so happened he had no idea what it was. The fact the area wasn't heavily urbanized wouldn't help him either, as it meant that his primary ability's usefulness would be hindered.

However, Ki had a new addition to his arsenal: a highly customized AKS-74U, which was compact and perfect for the kind of mission he used to undertake, himself having already had previous experience with the gun during his time in the DPRK. His power wouldn't be entirely useful, but he was still an excellent scout. His loyalty to the organization had been shattered, but he still had the unprecedented will to keep the other Young Guardians safe.

It was extremely hot in that place, at least for his standards. He had had to wash his face several times and his entire attire devolved into a simple dark blue t-shirt, some beige-coloured shorts, and the best shoes one could find at a thrift store. Less clothing also meant another problem: he had nowhere else to carry his extra equipment. He had to resort to a single shoulder backpack, where he stored his AKS-74U, whose stock was folded, as well as his grappling hook and a couple of magazines for his primary and secondary guns. Judging them compact enough, he concealed his two bowie knives and Makarov pistol around his waist hoping to be able to reach for a weapon in case things go south very suddenly.

He walked outside the hostel, recognizing some of the people there. That guy whose name he didn't know, and that other girl whose name he also did not know, but he remembered they were the two who kept arguing over the... instructor coup-lady or someone back in Hong Kong. He greeted the group with a smile and a short wave as he approached them, ready to join the exciting wait for the SUVs.
Seus olhos azuis como a tarde
Na tarde de um domingo azul

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Ana Henare

The girl leaned against the SUV and watched the others, knowing that it wasn’t time to leave just yet. She didn’t really plan on getting inside of one of the cars in the convoy, because she knew it was going to be crowded with everyone and their equipment. Instead, she was thinking about hoisting herself onto the back and holding onto the netting that wrapped around the back part of the vehicle. It would be more of a dangerous ride, but being in the open air instead of stuck with the others in a cramped backseat would be worth it. Well, there was also the fact that she felt like reflecting on the deja vu feeling some more, and it was easier to do that in the fresh air.

She stopped and turned when Grant approached her, and she listened quietly without a word, before quickly shifting and facing him. She took a hard step forward so she was leaning in his face, and then, still standing about an inch apart, she put a hand on his wrist. The gesture could be considered flirtatious if it wasn’t for the context around her doing it just now. “I don’t think you know what you’re talking about, Grant. I don’t think you know what you’re talking about at all…” she said, speaking slower when she repeated herself. The second time, there was a bit of suggestion. And then she decided to throw him for a loop and put him off the trail for a bit by sending some signals that were the opposite of what she was thinking. She leaned in, and gave him a quick kiss on the lips, but she pulled back before he could react or kiss back at all. It would still have its effect and give him something to think about, though. Something other than his current theory. “That wouldn’t have happened if you were right, would it?”

Brianna Gallagher

“It ain’t Ireland, but I can’t complain about seeing somewhere new,” shrugged Brianna, looking up and seeing the girl that she had talked with on the night of the coup. Kachina. She finally had the name right, she thought, and she felt a little bad for running off like she did. Not that she regretted what had happened that night, which brought a slight smirk to her face when she thought about it. “Supposedly, we might have some big scientific discoveries on this mission. So that’s nice. Not that I know much about that, but if we could figure out where these powers actually come from, that would be a really big deal, you know? If this isn’t a false lead, that is.”
don't tread on me

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:28 pm

Nika Rosenal

It was too damn hot here. There were far better places that she could have been like, well, pretty much anywhere but here. If there was a spot in the world one could consider to be 'the middle of nowhere', it would probably be all the way out here in this tiny village she couldn't even remember the name of in Argentina.

Hell, if it wasn't for a few overheard conversations, she wouldn't even have bothered to come. But as soon as she'd heard mention of the parasite, well, her mind had done a complete u-turn. If this parasite thing was connected to the one that Ngata had implanted in her, and from the fact that he was leading the mission it probably was, well, she wanted to find out everything she could about it given that she had one quite literally inside her.

The weight of the grenade launcher hanging off her shoulder and patting against her hip as she walked over to the SUV that had her bike strapped to the roof of it was alien, to say the least. After the entire katana incident and then the coup, she'd resolved that she needed a weapon of some form or another for self-defence, something bigger than her little knife which was strapped to her upper leg over a pair of three-quarter length shorts.

She'd quickly learned she was a bit of a terrible shot with anything resembling a firearm, not to mention most were a bit impractical to fire from a motorbike, so she'd spent the previous few days practicing religiously with grenades and grenade launchers. If she couldn't be accurate and she couldn't carry something with a stupidly high rate of fire, well, she just needed to hit a decently sized area and so grenades and a launcher for them were just perfect.

She hummed quietly to herself as she pulled herself up onto the roof of the SUV that had her bike strapped to the roof to wait for them to move out.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:18 pm

"Choris de Ignotis"
Venancio, Argentina

"Honestly..." Kachina said and shrugged, "I don't. I never really thought about where powers came from. I just know I have them, and other people have them. I guess thinking about it some people might consider it a big deal... but not me. Though, if there is a new discovery... I'll be the first of my people to be involved in such a thing. That would be so cool. I can flaunt that all my life back home... but if it is a false lead... At least we got a free trip to Argentina, right?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:54 am

Meire
Heroes Of Tomorrow

The heat didn't bother him very much due to his upbringing in the middle east. It was a little closer to home than what the HQ had been, and he was getting to experience another part of the world that he hadn't even dreamed of visiting. So, overall, it was starting off as a mildly pleasant and entertaining experience that some others obviously didn't enjoy to the same extent.

There seemed to be a little bit of time to spare before they'd head out, as no such order had been given, so he took it upon himself to start a little chatter with the girl hanging out atop one of their vehicles. She had what looked to be a grenade launcher, a weapon he unfortunately hadn't been able to try for himself, and certainly quite the knife strapped to her leg.

"How's it going up there?" he inquired as he approached the SUV with one of his signature smiles. "I've never been very good at small talk, but I think it would be good for me to get to know who I'm working with a little more before we march into something dangerous. I'm Meire, the guy they picked up from the desert a good many months back."
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:15 am

Aenoa

"Bloody guardians, had i known this was happening i would've stayed." Aenoa muttered to herself, floating near the SUV as she had a force field around her, not as protection but as a way of keeping the hot airs out as she slaved away at her laptop, eyes quickly scanning past the data she had spent months carefully planning during her time in Argentina. She heard the words of Kachina as she sighed. "This isn't a false lead, I'm sure this will lead us somewhere. Trust me, my previous assignment was spending months here conducting an investigation."

Viola & Cain

Walking out into the sun, Viola sighed as she scratched at her hair slightly, which was now pink instead of the blonde she had the wig colored as. Getting close towards the SUV, she mounted it as she shined and began to polish her guns, one pistol, a revolver and a SMG. All of which were custom made by her and each designed to fit her style. Eventually, she got bored as she saw that Meire was getting closer. She smirked, she knew that Cain would definitely have a weak spot for him.

Seeing that Cain come out in his regular outfit, just lacking his regular large coat and his pants now in a different fabric rather than the leather he usually wore, Viola got down from the SUV as she turned to Meire. "I don't think we met before. Sorry to interject suddenly, but allow me to introduce myself. I am Viola and that is all you need to know. I look forward to working with you." Walking close enough to almost invade his personal space, she could almost see Cain getting mad as he slowly walked towards the SUV, acting almost as if they were both dead to him as he got on top and sat on it, waiting for further orders.
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Indo-pasif archipelago
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Indo-pasif archipelago » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:28 am

Anya Lockheart

Her skin glistens under the sun as sweats cover her whole body, even though Anya has just only finished packing up her equipment and essentials for the mission into the SUV. She does not really own or able to use the big guns so her bag is lighter than most others. Still, the damp hot air seems to be pulling the sweat out of her skin. While she does come from Singapore, a tropical nation not that much different from Argentina, the fact that she spent more time indoor than outdoor causes her body to be not properly adapted to tropic climate. Not helping is also the ballistic jacket that is growing more uncomfortable by each second she steps beneath the sun.

Another thing that makes her uncomfortable are the recent events regarding The Guardians. From that failed Hong Kong operation to the award night coup, it seems that The Guardians is not the all-powerful global organization Anya was led to belief. The coup had also cast her some doubt towards the Guardians' actual mission. She is told not to listen to the traitors, and she does not want to belief either, but the words are still lingering within his mind.

Hoping to put her mind somewhere else, Anya volunteered to join this mission. Her second mission. Even then, she has not socialize with most person in her team. That is not good, Anya thinks to herself. What the Guardians needs now is trust between their members. Anya hopes she can get to know more about them during this mission. She decides to sit in the shade of a tree, not far from where everyone is standing right now, waiting for the group to start moving.
I picked the Anarchist Hog

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:31 pm

Frank, Argentina
The heat was in Frank's terms "Fucking unbearable." and "Why would anyone live here?" But he had a job to do. He loaded his gear into the back of the SUV but still kept his sword on his back. Wiping his forehead he walked over to Yasha. "How do you people live in shit like this?" he asked his pale skin standing out in the tropical weather.
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:11 pm

Nika Rosenal

"It's just fine up here. Bit warmer than I'm used to for this latitude, but can't have everything my way all the time." Nika shrugged. "Plus I won't be stuck in this damn sweatbox when we move out." She tapped the roof of the SUV with a clenched fist. "Name's Nika. I don't recognise your name or how you got here, but I haven't exactly been able to get out anywhere for quite some time. Either been tinkering with this here bike-" She gestured to the bike strapped to the roof of the SUV. "On said bike or in the infirmary. One of those three, or sleeping or whatever."

"Feel like joining me up here? I think you can probably fit."

Gabriella Michelle Raphaella Bianchi-Costa

Trying to more than one person into a bed meant for one would be frustrating at the best of time. Normally, it wouldn't have been an issue for them, since they had a thoroughly planned sleeping schedule. Unfortunately, that had all been quite thoroughly thrown out the window after the coup. It seemed that no matter how she might attempt to spread her bodies out, there would nonetheless be occasions, like the coup, where all her bodies were forced into one location for the sake of decorum.

And although she was quite capable with her sword, dying was quite painful. She had only died once, but that left a mark on you. It wasn't an experience she ever wanted to repeat, and the sword, despite being the most dignified weapon, simply placed her too much in harm's way. And so she had spent the past six days figuring out precisely what weapon would be useful, keep her alive, and most importantly still be the weapon of a dignified, civilized person. Guns were just... Urgh. Brutish, simple weapons for the rank and file.

She had considered archery, but that relied far too much on the physical abilities of the wielder rather than skill, and thus having three distinct bodies wouldn't help one bit. But if she threw her normal schedule out the window, and had all three bodies train simultaneously at archery so they all gained the physical ability necessary for proper archery, while she had the skills necessary to actually hit something with her archery.

She wouldn't be helpless again.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Sky-TheLandOfNekos
Negotiator

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sky-TheLandOfNekos » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:22 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Nika Rosenal

"It's just fine up here. Bit warmer than I'm used to for this latitude, but can't have everything my way all the time." Nika shrugged. "Plus I won't be stuck in this damn sweatbox when we move out." She tapped the roof of the SUV with a clenched fist. "Name's Nika. I don't recognise your name or how you got here, but I haven't exactly been able to get out anywhere for quite some time. Either been tinkering with this here bike-" She gestured to the bike strapped to the roof of the SUV. "On said bike or in the infirmary. One of those three, or sleeping or whatever."

"Feel like joining me up here? I think you can probably fit."

Meire
Heroes of Tomorrow

"Well, I guess there's one way to find out," he answered before reaching his arms out and climbing atop the SUV. Taking a seat beside her, he decided to continue their conversation.

"I'm afraid I don't know as much about vehicles as I do guns," he stated, a bit embarrassed, and his expression showed it. "I've driven your occasional trash wagon or whatever I've managed to find, but that was never very often. You could usually find someone to take you somewhere for a price, and you never wanna make yourself too visible when approaching an enemy location." He stopped for a moment, realizing that he was beginning to ramble. "Eh, long story short, I'm also lacking when it comes to driving."

He let out a soft, playful laugh, "So, it's a good thing I'm not in the front seat of any of these SUVs."

"Would you mind teaching me a bit once we get back to HQ?"
Fear the Angels of Darkness, for they are of the few remaining Nephalem.
-Zakiti Leventis
-Mason Leventis

The world will be my personal toy... Destruction at the flick of my wrist and creation at the wave of my hand...
I greet you, human.
Do you like pudding, Eric?

Theme Song

Am I here? Can someone tell me?

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:35 am

Grant Miller

Grant suddenly felt something grab his wrist. He whirled around and came face to face with that girl again. "What the hell does she want? Is she trying to bang me too?". She was leaning in close to his face, a gesture that either meant she was trying to fuck him or trying to fight him. She then, slowly and quietly, claimed she didn't know what Grant was talking about, tendrils of flirt and suggestion starting to appear. Grant's eyes narrowed slightly, a little confused at this sudden turn of events. And then...she placed a quick kiss on his lips, before leaning back.

Grant recoiled at the kiss slightly, muscles tensing up, a few sparks dancing out of his hands. His confusion and suspicion was ever-growing. True, she had made it clear as day she was in a relationship with Ai, but otherwise, that...action wouldn't have been as convincing as it was. But it could be just something to throw him off her tail. The picture of Ai and this girl was becoming murkier, and it was harder and harder for Grant to decipher it. He backed off slightly, his hand shifting towards the guitar case strapped to his back. But he didn't attack yet. Grant was still suspicious, but it wouldn't do good to bring her to the square and yell "HERETIC!". He would just have to be patient, which already was looking painful. Grant was many things, but "patient" was not one of them.

"Uh...yeah, I guess...yeah, you're right. M-my bad. Sorry, I'll...just, yeah." He managed to spit out like a fumbling drunkard, as he was still slightly reeling from that kiss. It was the first time he had been kissed like that, and he was still 16. He moved towards the SUV's, and leaned against one, chewing some gum, contemplating what had just happened.
yea bro idk

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:40 pm

Nika Rosenal

"Eh, sure, why not? It'll be fun." Nika shrugged. It... It couldn't be that difficult for the (self-proclaimed) world's greatest driver and probably mechanic to teach someone else about vehicles, could it? Never mind that she'd never taught anyone or even tried teaching anyone, but still. All it took was knowledge and enthusiasm to be a teacher apparently, and she had both of those in spades.

"In return, you teach me how to use this thing properly." She patted her grenade launcher. "And guns in general, really. Never learned to shoot, and although I've been practicing with the launcher and the other power helps with that, well, I'm no master with it quite yet. Plus, well, never know when I might be without this here launcher and I need to improvise with whatever weapons are at hand."

She thought back to the coup. God, that... That entire thing had been a good and proper mess for everyone involved.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:06 pm

“A trip to Argentina isn’t bad. I don’t think the entire area is as run down as the place that we were just staying. The nature is good at the least, anyway, or so I’ve heard when I did my research on this trip anyway,” shrugged Brianna, as she started to make her way to the SUVs. She could hear one of the drivers rushing them and telling them to hurry up and get in, and so she obeyed that order. She looked over her shoulder and wondered if Kachina was going to follow her and get in the same car, to give her someone to talk to. If not, a bit of quiet wouldn’t be bad, and she found herself next to Riley.

Meanwhile, Ana was climbing on top of the SUV after her encounter with Grant, and she intentionally left him without saying another word. She had to leave him with something to think about, without getting too specific. The longer he spent thinking about what she just did, the less he would think about what was happening between her and Ai. She snickered to herself under her breath as she thought about it, knowing that the boy likely wasn’t well versed with dealing with the opposite gender. Her little kiss would mean more to him than it did to her, and she made the mental decision that she would toy with him a bit more. But that was for later. For now, she relaxed and watched the sky as the SUVs began to move once everyone had boarded them. It wasn’t often that she got a ride like this, in the open air through the jungle.

The ride itself would last for about a half hour, even though the distance wasn’t incredibly far. The dirt path that led to the village was hard to travel along, and every few minutes, it seemed like there was a threat of one of the SUVs sliding off of a cliff and into the foliage below. But eventually, despite this, they made it into the village of Medrano, and would find the place to be mostly empty at the time of their arrival. The village was never busy, but this was another level of being… Inactive. Nobody filled the streets, the loosely thrown together buildings weren’t inhabited, and the SUVs rolled through the main road without anyone coming to investigate. In other words, the place was a ghost town.

Callan Ngata climbed out of the lead SUV when the convoy stopped, and signalled for the drivers to wait without moving. He took some steps around the clearing in the middle of the village, looking for signs of life, before returning to the convoy and waving for the others to exit the vehicles. “The place isn’t a huge village by any means, but it isn’t meant to be this empty. This… Indicates that something out of the ordinary is going on, as I’m sure you could tell. Something that may or may not be related to what we came here for. Shall we investigate?” he asked, looking towards the students.
don't tread on me

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:40 am

Nika Rosenal

It was always an odd experience for her, being driven anywhere by someone else. Her power might not be active, but when you drove as much as she did, well, to say that you picked up on a few things would be the understatement of the century. She could see where mistakes were being made, where the driver was simply being too cautious, where they braked too early or too hard.

Although not painful, it was... Immensely frustrating. Half an hour of mentally screaming at the drivers while clinging onto the roof netting got boring after a while since it was too noisy to talk.

As the convoy pulled to a halt, she remained on the roof, shutting her eyes to activate her other power. Never hurt to be prepared. A few small clusters, rodents probably or other small animals in the village. Nothing important.

She turned so that she could see the rest of the jungle with her vein-sight. A single cluster moving away- Her eyes flickered open briefly to confirm that it was Ngata before she shut them again and continued to look. Nothing.

The place was a damn ghost town. No cardiovascular systems that she could see but theirs. Granted, she wasn't sure she had the range to cover the entire village, but still. It was... Unnerving, to say the least.

She set to untangling her bike from the roof straps before tapping Meire on the shoulder. "Mind helping me get this thing down?"

The Cross and Davids Star
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cross and Davids Star » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:44 am

Nev Hurn

Back at his home in Iga, Nev was bored out of his mind, becoming too lazy to do much of anything, and left himself to his thoughts. So he thought, and thought, and thought some more, of something that he cou-

"Hey, narrator guy, can you just shut up? The readers got the jist already." Nev said, as if he knew of my-

"Existance? Yeah, I know you. And I know you also narrated the story of the dead nutjob on skates." He interjected. Oh I might as well give up the third person perspective, since I'm somehow directly involved now.

"That you should, at least until I find something to do."

Well, if may interest you, I know where the young Guardians are.

"And? How's that gonna help me cure my boredom."

Hmph. Fine, then I won't tell you about the AI that fucked your little virus over.

"AI? What about an AI? Tell me."

No, you were being rude.

"Fine, I'm sorry, alright? Now tell me about this AI."

Well, I don't know much of it, but I do know that its creator is currently in Argentina, searching for something that I can't tell you.

"Why can't you tell me what it is?"

An eldritch authority beyond my power forbids it.

"Fine. Well, whatever it is, the Guardian's HQ is unprotected, right?"

Aside from security, yes.

"Then I just found my cure for boredom."

With that said, Nev jumped from the couch he was on, retrieved his fully charged coding gauntlet, and set out for the HQ, his target being the HQ's server room, with information just ripe for the taking.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:07 am

"Choris de Ignotis"
Medrano, Argentina

Of course Kachina followed Brianna and got into the same SUV as her, who else would she want to be with. Kachina learned something about herself over the past few days, she didn't really like automobiles of any kind. They made her feel slighlty claustrophobic, so riding with a friend made her feel slighlty more comfortable. But even so, the moment they arrived in Medrano, and the doors opened, Kachina was one of the first out.

As someone who grew up in a place not to different from where they now stood, she instantly knew something was wrong. It was way to silent. Villages, no matter the size, would always have a certain buzz to them. People living out their simple lifes, working around town, children playing in the centre of it all. In fact, the atmosphere felt so wrong, that Kachina made sure she had at least one hand on one of her swords, ready to draw at a moments notice.

"Unless the village is supposed to be empty, this is wrong..." Kachina said to no one in particular. After Callan spoke, she just looked towards him and nodded.

"Assoluzione Attraverso la Punizone"
Axelia Rossi, Healing and Bleeding
Medrano, Argentina

The ride was fine, until the last few minutes. Thats when it turned, well not so pleasant for everyone who found Axelia in the same SUV. At least unpleasant for those who didn't really know about her little quirk. As she suddenly started to cough up a ludicrous amount of blood. She was still coughing up blood when they came to a stop, and by time she left the SUV. She took a moment behind the SUV, and allowing for the fit to stop.

Once it stopped, she pulled out a vial of green liquid, and a small jet injector. Only after administering the green liquid into her neck with the jet injector, and putting the thing away, did she join the rest of the students.

"I'm very much sorry." She said as she looked to those who where in the same SUV as her before turning to Callan, and waiting for instructions.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Resena
Secretary

Founded: Jan 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Aswang

Postby Resena » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:20 am

Before the convoy arrived in The Village

Yasha could only make a strained smile to Frank and said, "Well, amigo, you live in this shit by following these rules: Don't complain, wear a sleeveless shirt and shorts and a cap, keep drinking ice water, make sure you get shade often and never fucking just stay under the sun while it is lunch time."

Porphyrios Yasha really wished she could punish Ai for the coup. Just after all that shit, she just sends her and these trainees into Argentina, into this village that they just got into all on their own? Yasha watched her team mates, observing how they moved and examining their weapons as best as she could. She fucking hated that she'd literally be on her own if ever the dying starts to get fucking dying indeed.

The Filipino-Arab said, "Mga animal. Ga adto adto na sila na kabalo sila na dili ni tsada na lugar para sa ingon ani na misyon. Buysit naman." And wiped the sweat from her forehead before quickly opening the door of the SUV that she was in and got out, closing the door quietly before telling the ones who got out, "Hey, friends, keep back. And stick together. This isn't fucking safe. This place is too quiet for us to get into it too deeply."

And to Callan Ngata, she said, "Are you nuts? You want to send these students into this fucking village? I may be new but as a soldier, respectfully speaking, sending these guys into the village is not gonna be a wise thing to do. I suggest you send in someone else who is willing and who is experienced." She then looked into the village, muttering, "This is just like fucking Basilan..." She said again, "We don't even have fucking intel on this place and this just screams AM-FUCKING-BUSH to me."

The soldier then immediately raised her G36 and began to scan the village for threats. She felt her hair stand up on her arms and legs as she also reached for one rod of lead, using her thoughts to slowly transform it into some kind of bayonet for her rifle. Porphyrios said to anyone who was close to her, "Jesus Christ, this first mission under Ai better not fucking go wrong~"

Then she looked around and said, "Frank! Frank? Where are you, damn it." She then shook her head and watched as her rod of lead finally turned into a bayonet. She looked around and backed away from the village, using the SUV as cover as she whispered, "Fucking shit..."

Translation: The animals. They just go in knowing that this isn't a good place for this kind of mission. Bullshit really."
Last edited by Resena on Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:31 am, edited 6 times in total.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:46 pm

Tee Gallagher was one of the first ones out of the convoy, and as she left, she reached for her AR-15 and clutched it tightly, making sure that the safety was off and the mode was switched to full auto. For some reason, she just had that feeling that trouble was going to break out, the same feeling that she had just before getting into the gunfight that had seen her get shot at a relatively young age. “No shit,” she said to Kachina without turning to look. “Looks like the place has been cleared out, question is where are they now and who was responsible for it.”

“Tee is correct,” stated Callan, after listening to what Yasa had to say about the plan. “We need to gather more information, and while I won’t pretend that there is no risk here, we’ve come all the way to Argentina and we didn’t come here just to find an empty village and leave. If the inhabitants of the village aren’t here, that might mean something big for the reason why we came here in the first place… It might be something related to the parasite that we’re looking for, which is really the only notable thing about this place.”

As Callan was speaking, there was the sound of trees rustling in the distance, and the group would notice that the bushes and shrubbery were moving as if there was something or someone passing through them. Only a few seconds later, they would see a person stumbling out of the bushes at the very edge of the small village, approaching them at a slow and steady pace without saying a word. The person did look like one of the local villagers, but wasn’t accompanied by anyone else or saying anything. “Maybe this person can explain to us what happened,” suggested Callan.
don't tread on me

Resena
Secretary

Founded: Jan 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Aswang

Postby Resena » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:22 pm

Aswang

Porphyrios Yasha immediately reacted when the person who seemed to emerge from the woods from out of nowhere. She had her rifle trained at the persons chest, hoping to score a few center mass shots if she had to. She made a point to assume a standing firing position. She also said loudly and clearly in her best Spanish

"Que! ¡ deja de moverte! Hablar! O me verán obligados a dispararle."

Indo-pasif archipelago
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Indo-pasif archipelago » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:40 pm

Anya Lockheart

After some minutes cruising through the dense jungle, the convoy reaches the village of Medrano. At first Anya thinks that the loud sound of the convoy has scared everyone away. After she gets out of the SUV and gets a better look though, it seems that there is no native to be scared in the first place.

Anya frowns. She is no experienced combatant, but she knows this is not good. Ngata asks something about investigating the village, much to Anya dismay. Nobody else seems to be at ease too. Some people starts to discussing what is the best next course of action when Anya notices some movements between the trees. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, appears a mysterious man clad in leather cloth beneath a woven poncho. Her knowledge regarding the locals is limited, but Anya assumes him to be one of the Mapuche or Het people. With slow and careful paces, the man walks toward the group, creepily saying nothing as he moves onward.

He might have information about what ever happened to the village, but something about him being the only person around creeps Anya a bit. One of the girl from the group start to asking the man while aiming her rifle at her. Anya watches carefully, never let her hands too far from her 9mm. pistol while she tries to unload her stuffs. She just hopes that this man is not one of the infected...
I picked the Anarchist Hog

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:40 pm

One would think that Yasha’s shouting in Spanish, which would likely be the man’s native language or at least one spoken by him, would get the man’s attention or cause him to look up. He had the same thousand yard stare, however, and continued to get a bit closer before eventually stopping, standing completely still and looking straight ahead without moving. He didn’t react when Anya kept her pistol trained on him, either, and it was almost like he didn’t notice it. He wasn’t focusing on that, or anything else for that matter, and it was instead like he was watching the entire area at one time. That was what the dilation in the man’s eyes would indicate, anyway.

“This man may be infected with the Limache parasite, but his behavior doesn’t match up with anyone else that has been infected with the same thing. It could be a different strain of parasite, or this behavior could be caused by something else entirely,” remarked Callan Ngata. “Proceed with caution, everybody.”
don't tread on me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse