NATION

PASSWORD

The Gods of Jikken (OOC) Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Big Event

Divine Civil War
79%
Dark Spirits
14%
Dark Gods Rising (Void creates new deities to destroy)
No votes
Celestial Object (Asteroid, Sun, etc.)
7%

Total votes : 14

Jikken
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

The Gods of Jikken (OOC) Open

Postby Jikken » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:03 pm

First of all, thank you for taking the time to skim this thread!

So, this is a bit experimental. I'm wanting to use the forums to create much of my nations background. To do this, I figured the best place to begin would be with the religion, the ancient beliefs which would shape the history of Jikken. That is where you all come in, as well as this RP. It's going to be a very open world RP, with major events bringing the gods together. I will then make a 'Religion' factbook summarizing the events, which will form the religion of my nation. As history and culture throughout time has been heavily influenced by religion, I figured that the most important aspect to create first would be the religion.

The culture of my nation will form around this RP, so no need to worry about creating a deity based around the culture. If there is enough interest then I will formally make the OOC and we will begin working together to craft this religion, which we will name together later as well. The RP will begin with the creation of the gods, the formation of the Pantheon, and then the creation of the world. After that, the world will essentially become a sandbox.

I wasn't sure which forum to place this experiment in, but after skimming through P2TM for a little while, the choice was clear.

This will be divided into books separating the major events. Each new event will unlock a new application form which will be added below. For now we will only have a deity application.

We will use the poll system to make certain decisions about this world, including the name of the faith, the Jikkenan name for 'Earth', among other things. Each question will be listed in the poll and an explanation of the poll will be placed in a spoiler below.

Co-Ops: Bentus

1) I am the OP, though we will work together to create this faith, I do have the final say.
1a) Any CO-Ops who are added, will have power similar to mine.
2) Keep all OOC out of the IC thread. If you have a comment or concern, please discuss them here.
3) Keep the arguing to a minimum. We're human, so it will happen, but please remain civil.
4) No flaming.
5) No Metagaming or Godmodding.
6) No Overpowered characters. This will be somewhat lax as we ARE deities, but there will be some checks and balances.
7) In the part of your app where it says 'secret phrase' write the following: "For the Gods"
7a) This is to ensure that you have read the rules.
7b) Yes, I have changed the secret phrase, just to ensure new applicants read the rules and don't simply copy other apps.
8) Keep domains to a maximum of two, and domains MUST BE RELATED in some way (even if the connection is loose)
8a) There can be exceptions, but they must be discussed through TG first.
9) No one-liners!
9a) Keep posts to a five-line minimum.
10) Please post regularly. Unless you inform us that you will be gone for a while, or are unable to post frequently, your deity will be removed from the pantheon after one week of inactivity.
12) Have fun!

Code: Select all
Deity Application:

Nation Name:
Deity Name:
Domain(s):
Appearance:
Realm:
Short Description:
Secret Phrase:

Race Application:

Race Name:
General Appearance:
Brief Summary:

Nation Application:

Domain Application:

Character Application:

Demigod Application:

A Question on Races

Essentially, do we want to give the followers of this face a bit of a leg-up when it comes to evolutionary studies?

The first option states that all intelligent races we create will be descended from humans, which makes sense as it's been stated that humans were 'the First Race'.

The second option is similar, though instead of descended, they are simply related, similar but not exact. Essentially meaning they are a different branch of human-like creatures, rather than new forms of humans.

The final option essentially makes it a free-for-all when it comes to races.

Deity Application:

Nation Name: Jikken
Deity Name: Onwu
Domain(s): Death and the Afterlife
Appearance: His two forms

Realm: Barathrum, where souls go when the body dies. There are passageways to the realms of the other gods, so that Onwu may send souls of their followers to them. There are also places for evil souls to be punished, and for good souls to be rewarded, as well as passageway to the Realm of the Living, and a passageway to Rebirth.
Short Description: Onwu is a peacemaker, wanting peace and balance in the world. He can be a fierce warrior when he has to be, though. He does not like what he is, but he understands it is necessary to keep balance, and so he accepts his duty as the God of Death.
Secret Phrase: Nice flag, Jikken!

Race Application:

Race Name: Humans
General Appearance:

Brief Summary: A very intelligent and versatile race, Humans quickly spread across the globe. They come in many breeds, and are able to mate with many other races, so long as they are similar in biology to themselves. They have a moderate affinity for magic, as well as for technology and creating.

The Gods

Jikken--Onwu--God of Death and the Afterlife
The Frozen Forest--Ryesis--God of Seasons and Weather
White Bluff--Adea--Goddess of Night and Darkness
Kenmoria--Thunerian--God of Thunder and Lightning and Electricity
Darksworth--Tempus--God of Time
Saxony-Brandenburg--Riu-Aeona--God of the Moon, Dreams, the Unknown and What Could Be
The Assorted Saharan Outposts--Intura--Goddess of Hope and Innocence
of the Quendi--Mythras Yaesna--God of Light, Sun, and Fire
Angora Guanaco--Obanu--God of Intelligence
Great Celestial China--Tai-Han--God of Crafts, Quakes, and Tsunamis
Saint Ryvern--Kawin--God of Conflict and Change
Bentus--Seona--Goddess of Water and Nature
Wansul--Petronis--God of Mountains and Great Formations of Stone
Sonor Mundera--Bidanor--God of Wind and Direction
Andsed--Gylous--God of Destruction
Achidyemay--Lukin--God(dess) of Rainbows and Messengers
North Timeria--Aemis--God of the Spirit and Soul and Love
Skarten--Hakhar--God of Wars and Empires
Cuprum--Tero--God of Earth and Agriculture
Rinos--Kralex--God of Jealousy and Thievery
Arkeyana--Ejr--God of Remorse and Consequence
Paketo--Stana--God of Family and the Hearth
Tertuath--Tamnas--Goddess of Lust and Desire
Auphelia--Silven--God of the Wild Places and Fear

The Races[/align]

Humans
Gigantes
Sazalarias
Fazei
Spaerca
Gearanin
Sciri
Daemon
Tenshi

None

Creation:
1) The Gods shall be spontaneously created.
2) The Gods will NOT be created at the same time
3) The Gods power will remain fairly consistent. However, the amount of worshipers will relate to the hierarchy of the pantheon.
4) The Gods will be able to gain domains over time.
5) The Gods will give up a portion of their power to create the world.
6) The Gods will create a spherical earth.

The Generations of the Gods
Tempus
Adea
Riu-Aeona
Obanu
Onwu
Kawin
Gylous
Seona
Tero

Thunerian
Ryesis
Mythras Yaesna
Bidanor
Petronis
Aemis
Lukin
Silven

Tai-Han
Intura
Hakhar
Kralex
Ejr
Stana
Tamnas

Gods are Near Immortal. They CAN be killed by other deities, but it's extremely difficult, and it's far more likely that they'll simply kill themselves than be killed by others.

Demigods cannot die of natural causes, only through suicide, murder, or curse.

Reincarnation IS a thing in the RP, but it's rare, generally reserved for the King of Jikken and Demigods. It CAN happen to more common souls,
though.

FOR FUTURE VOTE:

Can gods become mortal
Can mortals be raised to divinity
Are all races except humans destroyed or misplaced
Can the living enter Barathrum (the Underworld)
Will the gods have champions
Last edited by Jikken on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:00 pm, edited 49 times in total.
"You can change the world when you change your mind!" ~Kinky Boots
"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise!" ~ Les Misérables
"Being true to yourself never goes out of style."~ Legally Blonde
"I’m through accepting limits ‘cause someone says they’re so. Some things I cannot change but ‘til I try, I’ll never know."~ Wicked
"Climb every mountain, ford every stream, follow every rainbow till you find your dream."~
The Sound of Music

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other path, no other way, no day but today."~ Rent

We are currently creating my nations religion!

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:05 pm

I would be very interested! What's the geography like? That can influence religion incredibly. Or the economic situation throughout time?
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When Adam delved and Eve span, who was then the gentleman?"

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:11 pm

I would be very interested in participating in this roleplay. What's the time period it will be set in? That will be vital in the religion's developments.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Darksworth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:14 pm

I am very interested, and like my comrades before me, I would want detailed information in terms of Geography and the economical and political climate of this world.
Last edited by Darksworth on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Technology Level: Tier 4-5: PT/MT
Arcane Level: Level 0-Inept
Influence Type: Type 6-Planetary Politician
Based on this Index
---
Tier: Tier 5
Type: Type IV
Government Size: Superpower
Based on this Index

*Consult me for NS stats via TG*
Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Jikken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jikken » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:23 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:I would be very interested! What's the geography like? That can influence religion incredibly. Or the economic situation throughout time?

This will likely be discussed later on, and will be dependent on the deities present. As of now, much of ancient Jikken is heavily forested, with many rivers leading to an ocean to the South East. The West is mountainous, and there is a rather large desert in the South West. There are also three rather large lakes in the heart of the nation. This is likely to change as we gain deities, Jikken forms and the society expands, and time passes.

Kenmoria wrote:I would be very interested in participating in this roleplay. What's the time period it will be set in? That will be vital in the religion's developments.

It will begin with the beginning of the world, and after creation there will be a sort of time-skip to roughly the 15th Century BCE, about 600-700 years before what is generally considered Classical Antiquity RL, giving time for some of the myths to grow before the great civilizations (RL ancient Greece and Rome: IC Jikken and any that are created in this RP, including your own nations if you would like this faith to influence them) began.
"I’m through accepting limits ‘cause someone says they’re so. Some things I cannot change but ‘til I try, I’ll never know."~ Wicked
"Climb every mountain, ford every stream, follow every rainbow till you find your dream."~
The Sound of Music

"Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other path, no other way, no day but today."~ Rent

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Definitely interested
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Jikken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jikken » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Excellent! If a few more declare interest then I'll go on and setup an OOC!
The Sound of Music

Great Celestial China
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Celestial China » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Very interested
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
I'll add more in my sig eventually
I gave up fixing the flag, might ask for help one day

Jikken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jikken » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Welcome aboard!
The Sound of Music

Great Celestial China
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Celestial China » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:18 pm

Jikken wrote:Welcome aboard!

thank you kind sir

Jikken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jikken » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:42 pm

So, I will change this Interest thread into an OOC/Sign-Up thread, as well as put a poll up for the first big decision we will make together.
The Sound of Music

Jikken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jikken » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:21 pm

And Voila!
The Sound of Music

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:23 pm

I'll have an application up right away!

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:26 pm

Maybe we could have a compromise where certain gods are created from other reasons? Say, my god be created by the human emotion of fear? And the power of that fear created a god of fear? Like the warp in Warhammer? Just a thought

Jikken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jikken » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:35 pm

Saxony-Brandenburg wrote:Maybe we could have a compromise where certain gods are created from other reasons? Say, my god be created by the human emotion of fear? And the power of that fear created a god of fear? Like the warp in Warhammer? Just a thought

That is also a possibility, though he wouldn't exist in the beginning of the RP, so it'd be sort of boring for you for a little while. Now, you could still be a God of Fear created from the beginning, and give humans that emotion.

Also, an example application and 'accepted' section will be added shortly!
Last edited by Jikken on Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sound of Music

Saint Ryvern
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Ryvern » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:42 pm

This looks very interesting! I’m having surgery tomorrow (just wisdom teeth, nothing major), but as soon as I’m recovered from that I’ll be sure to check back in on this and possibly apply. Consider this a tag!

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:59 pm

I'd like to reserve the domains of Weather and Seasons
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Jikken
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Jikken » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:08 pm

The Frozen Forest wrote:I'd like to reserve the domains of Weather and Seasons

Consider it reserved. I feel like I should add a 'reserved' section..
The Sound of Music

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:41 pm

I'm sorry for the confusion, I'm not sure I want fear yet? Can we keep it reserved and if I change my mind before I app can it go to someone else?

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:48 pm

Actually, could you reserve the god of the moon please? And is it okay if our god covers more than one domain? Like, the god of the moon, dreams, and the unknown?
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Great Celestial China
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Celestial China » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:52 pm

reserve the domain of the Sun and fire, ya?
Last edited by Great Celestial China on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Angora Guanaco
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Angora Guanaco » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:56 pm

Looks cool. Could I reserve Intelligence?
i failed biology :(

Great Celestial China
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Celestial China » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Deity Application:

Nation Name: Celestial China
Deity Name: Tai-han
Domain(s): Sun, fire
Appearance: something like this

Realm: the sun palace in the skies
Short Description: very buff, attention hog, powerful (strength), brave, protective.
Secret Phrase: "it burns if it's hot enough" (idk)

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:19 pm

Deity Application:

Nation Name: The Frozen Forest
Deity Name: Ryesis
Domain(s): Seasons and Weather
Appearance:

Realm: The Realm of Ryesis is high in the clouds. One may find their way into his domain through any cloud, big or small. Touching a cloud with your right index finger will take anyone, Mortal or God to Yasinhaem, his home. Yasinhaem is within the largest cloud to ever exist, a behemoth which travels the world in search of worthy, determined men. the outwards appearance of his home is that of a huge, puffy cloud. Even in a thunderstorm, which makes it easily identifiable to those seeking in out. Apart from touching a cloud the only other ways to get into Yasinhaem are by flying into it or by rubbing a Yasinhaem Crystal, which is a sharp blue gem. There are a total of five of them in existence, all currently controlled by Ryesis. When brought together they the ability to summon Ryesis, who will grant a single wish related to his domain. Individually they have a second power, which is the ability to bring about an early summer, winter, fall or spring in a small location. This power only works however, with the sacrifice of a finger or toe and it only lasts for a maximum of a month.

Within Yasinhaem itself there is a huge stone castle. It is staffed by servants and warriors made of cloud, whom obey Ryesis unquestioningly. These Cloud People are unable to speak or communicate and are effectively dependent on Ryesis to direct them and speak on their behalf. The Castle itself consist of a huge kitchen, a courtyard full of exotic plants and animals, an armory with the finest weapons crafted by the gods, a store-house for power-enhancing foods and poisons along with wonderful bath-houses and a giant throne room.
Short Description: Ryesis can be described as having four different personalities. His personalities shift as he changes the seasons. In Spring he is cheerful and carefree, he freely gives to those around him and under his care. In Summer he is hard at work, though he remains somewhat cheerful during this period. In the Fall he becomes much more strict and conservative, having an extreme hatred for wastage of materials or food. He is most dangerous during the Winter however, where his brutality is easily brought about. He is unforgiving and destructive during this time. He is one of the patron gods of Farmers, Sailors, Hard-Laborers and even Soldiers (More-so in remote locations). One can be blessed and protected (or denied protection by) Ryesis by wearing a specially made silver locket, usually bearing an image of him and the incantation "Four Seasons, each a Tribulation in it's own" or the more popular "Ryesis Blesses the Determined."

He is responsible for controlling the different seasons and the weather on any given day. His greatest pleasure is seeing the beauty of a forest in summer and watching it be destroyed by his hand. He tends to favor the determined and hardworking mortals. He hates seeing Mortals or Gods waste valuable supplies anytime during the year, though this is most amplified during Fall and Winter.
Secret Phrase: Nice Flag, Jikken
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Saxony-Brandenburg
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Saxony-Brandenburg » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:43 am

Deity Application:

Nation Name: Saxony-Brandenburg
Deity Name: Riu-Aeona
Domain(s): The Moon, Dreams, the Unknown and what could be.
Appearance:

Realm: Much like the nature of Riu-Aeona's 'realm' is loose, inconstant, and ever changing. He rules in lonely forests in the dark of night, he rules in abandoned streets where only the wind and chill comfort you, he rules in the sky of a full moon, and in the blackness of caves. Anywhere that is... unknown. Anywhere that leaves one to wonder what could be out there, that is his realm. In a way, his realm is the human realm, and yet... also something beyond that. Where his true power lies is in a realm anyone can sink into, the realm of mist. One may find themselves there by being a little too lost, a little to scared and a little too lonely. It is rare, but occasionally openings will pop up throughout the world. Strange caverns one never knew was there perhaps. Inside is well, unsure. It may be a misty woods, that goes on forever, it may be an abandoned city. It may even be something, well, good. He isn't a god of misfortune, merely of the unknown and dreams. Dreams may be light, happy. Full of a comforting haze of bliss and smiling faces. Or they may be a dark, a crushing nightmare of paranoia and terror; such things are hard to predict.
Short Description: Riu-Aeona, the mysterious god. True to 'his' nature, he holds no true form, no true domain, and, no constant personality. 'He' has no gender in all actuality, and may shift from male to female, man to beast, as he pleases. His personalities can be one of three. He may be the gentle, kind host. One who wishes to comfort and relax, to soothe, and to pluck just the right cord to bring about the call to adventure. He may be the detached, emotionless god. One who does not seem to care about, well, anything. One who steps back and watches, smoking the pipe, and remains still. He may speak, but in riddles and roundabout phrases, never revealing his hand. Finally, he may be incredibly sadistic, playing off of your worst insecurities and doubts for his own gain, his own agenda. Maybe he wishes to harden your will? Maybe he wishes to break you? It is all a mystery.
He is the one who weaves dreams on the loom of moonlight, carefully, precisely, and meticulously weaving the cloth of reality. He, personally, is the one who grants great visions, soothes the discontent, or drives the world to keep changing, to keep improving. To wonder... what more can be done? He is the one who crushes the dreams of those who do not have the will to break through his nature, and he does so with the most uncaring of demeanor. Not malicious, simply uninterested. Bemused. He knows all the outcomes of life, and yet truly knows none. He is the patron of gamblers, mystics, oracles, adventurers, inventors, generals, and everyone else who wishes to dream of a world they do not yet have.
Secret Phrase: Nice Flag, Jikken
Last edited by Saxony-Brandenburg on Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse