NATION

PASSWORD

Free triggering guide for R/D purposes

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:14 pm

Queen Yuno wrote:>_>
÷_÷
If this final version doesn't satisfy you gameplayers, I'll blacken it to obsidian.
*sweatdrop* tfw I say to ask questions...only for 100% of them to be about colors rather than triggering/game mechanics :lol:

much better :)

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Keep the pink, Yuno. #Gameplayersforhotpink

Edit: Added coma.
Last edited by The Noble Thatcherites on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

The Union of Democratic States

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Why add the step of trigger nations? You can trigger straight from the region page due to the last WA update.

Edit: This actually pretty good, so thanks, and pink is fine for me on light theme.
Last edited by Flanderlion on Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:32 pm

The pink works fine for me on light theme, probably because I’m on mobile and have brightness turned down.
Author of Issues #752, #816, and #967
Delegate Emeritus of The East Pacific
WA Ambassador: George Williamsen
"Gloria in Terra" | "The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."
Collecting TEP Cards! - Deputy Steward of TEAPOT

The Glorious Hypetrain
Attaché

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Glorious Hypetrain » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Thanks for taking the time to write this out Yuno! Glad to finally see some documentation on this.
Kade W. Vasentius
When All Else Fails - Radio Works!
World Assembly Delegate, The Union of Democratic States
https://forum.theuds.org

Reploid Productions wrote:
Ozmenistan wrote:Wait, is this some RP or what? Or does everyone take NSG this seriously?

NSG is super srs biz. ... Apparently, so is NSGP, based on my current stalking of the GP forum.Though NSG and NSGP seem to have a real thing for repeated blunt force applied to long-deceased equines, so I guess they got that in common.
36 Camera Perspective";p="p33119611 wrote:The resignation of Pro Life-2017 from the World Assembly is an unspeakable tragedy that will be mourned perpetually throughout the annals of history.

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:48 pm

Love the pink and love the guide! Also, it seems like ages ago when you walked me through this the first time >:) :hug:

Tupelope
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2007
Corporate Police State

Postby Tupelope » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Flanderlion wrote:Why add the step of trigger nations? You can trigger straight from the region page due to the last WA update.

Edit: This actually pretty good, so thanks, and pink is fine for me on light theme.

because sometimes update can run several minutes late so if u base it off that ull move too early and either be prevented from tagging or get banned if ur trying to lib. using a trigger nation/region accounts for that, so if update is running a couple minutes late the difference between the trigger updating and the actual target will either be about the same or a little more

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:00 am

What Flanderlion is saying is that you can use the trigger region's update to trigger off of instead of moving a nation into it and triggering off that nation. When the trigger region's page displays "Seconds Ago", that is your GO.

There are advantages and disadvantages to this method. The obvious advantage is that it takes very little effort, way less than moving nations around. However, there is a not-so-obvious disadvantage. You can't watch the trigger, call the trigger, AND jump at the exact same time with this method.

If you want to do those things at the same time when triggering off the trigger region itself, you need to not trigger off the region page. It has to be off the region's API last update shard request and you need to use a legal auto-refresh interval. This method is also not foolproof, in the rare case of the timestamp not changing enough for the caller to notice.
Last edited by Vincent Drake on Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

Tupelope
Envoy

Founded: Jul 14, 2007
Corporate Police State

Postby Tupelope » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:24 am

ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ya that makes sense i read his question wrong, but also isnt there some delay between the page showing that the region updated and the delegate changes and stuff?

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:30 am

Depending on your internet connection and the NS server, there can be display lag, but is doesn't matter what happens with the rest of the region. You're only interested in seeing "Seconds Ago" (which is why requesting this via the API is better than loading the whole page). IE, https://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/ap ... lastupdate
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:38 pm

yuno wants me to bump this

ALL HAIL THE LOLIGARCH :p

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Nice, this is the way I learned, (and eventually forgot :P).
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay