NATION

PASSWORD

[r] Flaming (?) in lwdt

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

[r] Flaming (?) in lwdt

Postby MERIZoC » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:45 pm

Sanctissima wrote:
Republican Corentia wrote:>the same collectivization that caused the largest famine in Russian history

How?

>"OVERPRODUCTION OF GRAIN REEE"

You never mentioned overproduction of grain. Are you getting flustered or something? Funny how we're talking about a famine but you seem to be talking about overproduction, kek.

>"The thorough massacring of the kulaks completely wiped out the class of people who actually knew how to manage the farms"

Kulaks weren't the only ones who knew how to farm. Once again you're pulling shit out of your ass. The people who literally voluntarily went to these collectivized farms were also peasants too.

>"It is due to the complete and utter incompetence of the Politburo and the process of collectivization, as well as the damning effects of dekulakazition and adoption of Lysenkoism as agricultural policy, that ultimately caused the famine."

Wew boy it's like you're on repeat, goddamn. So uh, I guess the U.S. Government was wrong about the routine droughts in the area happening? Those are completely unrelated to the famine? Elaborate your position rather than just repeating yourself over and over gain, please.

>"You're quite literally being an apologist for people who intentionally mass-murdered over a million peasants because they were slightly wealthier than other peasants, then through sheer incompetence caused the deaths of even more millions of people because they didn't understand basic agriculture."

BAYSIC AGROCULCHURE 101

Again, as I've told you multiple times, Lysenkoist policies were the direct cause of the Ukrainian and broader Russian famines. This was directly linked to the immense overproduction of grain that degraded the soil and rendered it utterly infertile for crop growing in later years, thus causing the famine. I assumed you'd already know what Lysenkoism was, but apparently you have an extremely mundane understanding of Stalinist policies and clearly have no idea what you're talking about, since you persist with this idiotic notion that a minor series of droughts wiped out more than 10 million people.

As I've already explained to you, it was the thorough elimination of the kulaks and replacement of them with Lysenkoist officials who knew nothing of agriculture that caused the collectivized farms to severely overproduce grain and other crops, thereby degrading the soil to a point where THE WORST FAMINE IN RUSSIAN HISTORY occurred. So yes, collectivization directly led to the famine, and pretty much any objective scholar who's studied this period of Soviet history extensively agrees with this assessment:

http://www.encyclopedia.com/science/encyclopedias-almanacs-transcripts-and-maps/disastrous-effects-lysenkoism-soviet-agriculture
http://scholarworks.wmich.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1034&context=hilltopreview

So kindly either learn basic history, or feck off with your historical revisionism.

Right there at the bottom

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:06 pm

There are two instances of light flaming there, so I had a bit of a shout and waggled my eyebrows towards my hammer.

Return to Moderation