NATION

PASSWORD

2017 Miniluv Awards: Cancelled, Sorry for the Inconvenience

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
The Miniluv Messenger
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

2017 Miniluv Awards: Cancelled, Sorry for the Inconvenience

Postby The Miniluv Messenger » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:43 am

Big Brother is watching Gameplay

The 2017 Miniluv Awards

Because even Miniluv is more trustworthy than an anonymous puppet conducting private voting.

Welcome to the 2017 Miniluv Awards, the first annual gameplay awards hosted by the Miniluv Messenger! These awards will honor the best or most memorable people, groups, and events of gameplay in 2017. All nominations and voting will be publicly conducted in this thread.

Awards Schedule

December 16 - 23: Nominations
December 23 - 30: Voting

Nominations

Nominations may be submitted via this thread, in accordance with the below guidelines and using the official form. Please check the end of this post for descriptions of each nomination category, which will better prepare you for making nominations.

Nomination Guidelines

(1) Each person may make one nomination per category. Please do not second nominations -- it just isn't necessary.
(2) Nominations by anonymous puppets will be discarded, and this will be at the host's discretion.
(3) Nominations must be made with the below form, but a nomination for each category is not required.
(4) Nominations related to the antifa/fascist realm will be discarded, as that is its own sub-game outside mainstream gameplay.
(5) Any nominations of delete-on-sight (DoS) individuals or nominations made based on bad OOC behavior will be discarded.

Nomination Form

Code: Select all
[b]Lifetime Gameplay Achievement:[/b]
[i]Optional Explanation:[/i]

[b]Gameplayer of the Year:[/b]

[b]Gameplay Group of the Year:[/b]

[b]Defender of the Year:[/b]

[b]Defender Group of the Year:[/b]

[b]Raider of the Year:[/b]

[b]Raider Group of the Year:[/b]

[b]Independent of the Year:[/b]

[b]Independent Group of the Year:[/b]

[b]Defending Operation of the Year:[/b]

[b]Raiding Operation of the Year:[/b]

[b]Non-R/D Event of the Year:[/b]

[b]Media Outlet of the Year:[/b]

[b]Quote of the Year:[/b]

Voting

Voting will be publicly conducted in this thread, and each person will be entitled to one vote. This OP will be updated with all accepted nominees and with an official ballot for voting after nominations conclude. Voting by anonymous puppets will be discarded, and this will be at the host's discretion.

Nomination Categories

Lifetime Gameplay Achievement
The award for Lifetime Gameplay Achievement should go to the individual who has had the most overall impact on gameplay over the course of a long and distinguished tenure in gameplay.

Gameplayer of the Year
The award for Gameplayer of the Year should go to the individual who has had the most overall impact on gameplay in 2017.

Gameplay Group of the Year
The award for Gameplay Group of the Year should go to the region or organization that has had the most overall impact on gameplay in 2017.

Defender of the Year
The award for Defender of the Year should go to the individual who has had the most impact on the defender sphere of gameplay in 2017.

Defender Group of the Year
The award for Defender Group of the Year should go to the region or organization that has had the most impact on the defender sphere of gameplay in 2017.

Raider of the Year
The award for Raider of the Year should go to the individual who has had the most impact on the raider sphere of gameplay in 2017.

Raider Group of the Year
The award for Raider Group of the Year should go to the region or organization that has had the most impact on the raider sphere of gameplay in 2017.

Independent of the Year
The award for Independent of the Year should go to the individual who has had the most impact on the independent sphere of gameplay in 2017.

Independent Group of the Year
The award for Independent Group of the Year should go to the region or organization that has had the most impact on the independent sphere of gameplay in 2017.

Defending Operation of the Year
The award for Defending Operation of the Year should go to the best and/or most memorable defending operation of 2017.

Raiding Operation of the Year
The award for Raiding Operation of the Year should go to the best and/or most memorable raiding operation of 2017.

Non-R/D Event of the Year
The award for Non-R/D Event of the Year should go to the best and/or most memorable non-R/D event of 2017. Please note that internal regional coups are also classified as non-R/D events.

Media Outlet of the Year
The award for Media Outlet of the Year should go to the best and/or most memorable gameplay media outlet of 2017.

Quote of the Year
The award for Quote of the Year should go to the best and/or most memorable gameplay quote of 2017.

Please note that for the purpose of these awards, "independent" encompasses any alignment classification that is neither raider nor defender, including independent, neutral, non-aligned, and whatever in the world you crazy kids come up with next.
Last edited by The Miniluv Messenger on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Miniluv Messenger
Big Brother is Watching Gameplay

NationStates Forum | Dispatches

Please up-vote our dispatches!

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:03 am

Thank you for setting this up. Exactly what I was thinking to do.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:18 am

Now this is much better!
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:23 am

Looks good, i'll be nominating soon.
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Th Empire of Wymondham
Attaché

Founded: Dec 07, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Th Empire of Wymondham » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:36 am

Thank you so much for doing this Cormac.
Unless stated otherwise my views are my own and do not necessarily represent those of NSToday or the Osiran Government
NSToday PR Director and Osiris Vizier of FA

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:40 am

Also:

Lifetime Gameplay Achievement: Shiz
Optional Explanation: I don't think much more needs to be said about Shiz that hasn't already been said. Founder of the RIA, one of the most impressive defenders I have ever had the pleasure of seeing, & of course the inventor of the original Breeze. Shiz is without a doubt one of the best Gameplayers for his contributions across multiple fields

Gameplayer of the Year:Cormac
Optional Explanation: You don't have to like Cormac, or even really respect him, but you'd be kidding yourself if you didn't recognize how important he is to NSGP. Hell this forum would have been rather stale in a lot of situations without Cormac this year. Now all he needs to do is officially coup Osiris(again) and he'll be locked up for this in my opinion.

Gameplay Group of the Year: The Roman Empire
Optional Explanation: Okay maybe this is biased because of their amazing update reports, but you have to give TRE credit. It's rare to see them not on the field for a majority of the updates a week, and their success rate is rather impressive. Kyo & the crew have done a great job in my opinon

Defender of the Year:Vincent Drake
Optional Explanation: Here, let me just break this down for you. Vinny has a total of 490 updates, and 2547 ops under his belt. This is easily the most in all of TGW(Second being Sir Merlin, who is also highly deserving of a nomination by the way.) A large number of these occurred in 2017. Not only does he have ridiculous numbers, Breeze++ is a genius invention that has enhanced many defender's speeds. I think Vinny is a shoe in for this award.

Defender Group of the Year:The Grey Wardens
Optional Explanation: TGW has without a doubt been the most influential and best defender group this year. Mostly because there's really not any others that have size or strength that TGW has. Sue me if you think this is a homer pick, they're the best there is

Raider of the Year: N/A:
Optional Explanation: I was going to say Plagentine, who is probably a good option, but I don't feel inclined enough to nominate here

Raider Group of the Year:The Black Hawks
Optional Explanation: I love TRE as a whole, but I'll be dammed if you can convince me there's been a better group than TBH at raiding this year

Independent of the Year:Liliarchy
Optional Explanation: I really wanted to give some love to August and the AA with these nominations, but it would be foolish of me to not say that Liliarchy hasn't been the best on the Independent sphere this year. So fast and so accurate

Independent Group of the Year:LILY
Optional Explanation: Chingis, LD, & Lili. Enough said. Damn they're fast, damn they're good.

Liberation of the Year: Japan.
Optional Explanation: Let's pick this one because I was in on it. I'd say that this was an easily successful mission where the numbers were easily for the TGW-led group & one where most everyone who participated made it in easily

Raid of the Year: Ankh Mauta.
Optional Explanation: I've never seen that many endos in a raid. That's probably showing my newness, but man it was impressive stuff

Non-R/D Event of the Year: Lazarus I guess.
Optional Explanation: Honestly what the hell even was this other than a massive kerfuffle where everyone got involved? Besides, we got The Honest Defender and other great things out of it

Media Outlet of the Year: News with Booze.
Optional Explanation: I know EBC will be nominated, hence why they aren't getting mine. But NWB is easily one of the most entertaining and insightful NSNewscasts I've seen.

Quote of the Year: Grim: "it's very reasonable to believe that the /reason/ they couldn't ban him
is because it takes too much influence to move his massive fucking balls"
Optional Explanation: This is in reference to Pyroski walking into a liberation attempt a whole minute early, and unlike 6 others(including myself) didn't get banned. One of the most humorous moments I've seen for sure.
Last edited by Kanglia on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:42 am

Lifetime Gameplay Achievement: Astarial
Optional Explanation: Astarial has served as Delegate of two game-created regions, The North Pacific and Osiris, as well as serving in many other offices in both regions as well as Equilism, a historic region that is almost as old as the game itself. She has also been commended by the Security Council. Last, but certainly not least, Astarial was a major driving force behind the recent petition to Moderation regarding game-side action against egregious off-site behavior, which stands to enhance the safety of the entire gameplay community and make a major, lasting contribution to our community.

Gameplayer of the Year: Roavin
Optional Explanation: Roavin is First Warden of the Grey Wardens, Prime Minister of the South Pacific, and probably has a more extensive sphere of influence than any other single person in gameplay right now.

Gameplay Group of the Year: Europeia
Optional Explanation: From the resuscitation of WALL, to CAIN, to EBC Radio, to NSWF hosting, to being another major driving force behind the petition to Moderation, Europeia has made a major mark on gameplay in the past year -- probably more than any other region.

Defender of the Year: Vincent Drake
Optional Explanation: Vinny is like the god of defending. You should see his jump speeds. And then there's NSBreeze. Enough said.

Defender Group of the Year: The Order of the Grey Wardens
Optional Explanation: Love them or hate them, no other region or org has the same impact on defending as the Wardens. They're present for every update, they post the reports to Gameplay, and they are essentially the leader of the defender sphere in 2017, bar none.

Raider of the Year: Ever-Wandering Souls
Optional Explanation: As Field Marshal of The Black Hawks, Souls has a great deal to do with why they are so successful, but aside from that he has been a major figure behind RaiderCon and RaiderVision, and participates in every major Technical and Moderation discussion. He is by far the raider most engaged with the broader gameplay community and he brings professionalism to that engagement.

Raider Group of the Year: The Black Hawks
Optional Explanation: From tags to holds to sleeper ops, The Black Hawks dominated raiding this year. Nobody besides The Roman Empire even came remotely close. Throw in RaiderCon and RaiderVision as fun events for the whole raiding community and it's clear why I'm nominating them.

Independent of the Year: Solorni
Optional Explanation: Solorni is always influential and a major force in the independent sphere due to her long and distinguished career, and her role as Queen of Balder. But it's for her current term as President of Europeia, after a difficult time, that I'm nominating her, because she has handled that role with a great deal of grace and it's in large part thanks to her that Europeia has bounced back so strong.

Independent Group of the Year: Europeia
Optional Explanation: Yep, Europeia again. For all the reasons I stated above, as well as being the only user-created region that is on par with the game-created regions for being recognizable, precisely because it has become such a leading force in the independent sphere.

Liberation of the Year: N/A
Optional Explanation: Honestly, I just haven't been paying enough attention to R/D to have an opinion.

Raid of the Year: N/A
Optional Explanation: See above.

Non-R/D Event of the Year: Lazarus Conflict
Optional Explanation: We laughed. We cried (well, most of us probably didn't, but someone probably did). We typed pages and pages of nonsense. There's no question that the Lazarus Conflict was the dumpster fire that warmed all of our hearts earlier this year.

Media Outlet of the Year: News With Booze
Optional Explanation: Informative not only because it brought us a diverse array of topics every week (for a while at least), but also because it was so entertaining that more people actually listened, NWB was probably the best media 2017 had to offer.

Quote of the Year:

[10:56 PM] Scardino: NationStates is not a beautiful place.
[10:57 PM] Scardino: NationStates is like if you bought a beautiful tract of land because you wanted to start farming. When you tried planting crops, though, the top soil was too shallow for anything to take root and there was iron ore underneath. "No problem", you think to yourself, "I can dig up the iron ore and sell it." Then you discover that digging up the iron ore means breaking your back and working your hands to the bone turning up every inch of your beautiful property. Then, you discover that you get very little money for iron ore.

Optional Explanation: I mean, obviously.

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:46 am

Also, to be clear on seconding nominations, I don't care if people have the same nominations as someone else -- particularly if they include something in their explanations that may be missing from someone else's. I just don't want single line posts of "nth so-and-so," because it just makes it harder for me as the person who will be checking these nominations and makes it more likely I'll miss something.

So, don't feel too constrained by the "don't second nominations" guideline if you've already been thinking on a nomination.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:56 am

Non-R/D event: Retiring of Sedge and CG.
Reasoning: long time GP related mods, who brought this community to the forums in the first place. Could maybe also have gone for lifetime achievement.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

First things first:

1. Cormac, you suck and I'm going to coup you.
2. Cormac also happens to be, despite the assorted IC differences the vast majority of Gameplay might have with him, both capable enough to vet for voting fraud and willing enough to not hide behind an anonymous puppet
3. I also trust Cormac far more than I trust the mysterious GP Award Host to make effective judgement calls on nominations.
4. Folks should participate in these awards rather than the "Gameplay Awards" unless that award show's anonymous host actually steps forward and reveals.
5. inb4 the showdown of ERN v. SPSF for the independent award.

On to the nominations.

Lifetime Gameplay Achievement: Sedgistan

Optional Explanation: Even before ascending to Moderation, Sedgistan was a huge figure in our community. FRA Arch-Chancellor, TRR Delegate, that TSP Coup, he did it all. Funny enough iirc, he's also the person who lowkey taught me to R/D way back in 2010, so if you're looking for anyone to blame for my existence there ya go. Even after leaving GP Proper, I think it's safe to say he was by far the best Moderator of our community. He was someone that understood GP and R/D, fought for GP and R/D, and always was a GPer at his roots. Here's to him having a good retirement o/

Optional Explanation: There's so many names that come to mind here, because there's so many deserving people, but Roavin is the name that keeps coming up for me. I don't think there's any other defender or raider that has his sphere of influence right now, nor any that look as much like a New England Deep Sea Fisherman as he does. He works hard, plays hard, codes hard, and puns hard. So, so, so, so, so many puns. He truly cares about this game and the communities within it, puts in the work every day to better the game, and that shows in every aspect of his time on here.

Gameplay Group of the Year: The Grey Wardens

Optional Explanation: "But Tim, you're in The Grey Wardens!", the haters will say. Yes, that's why I'm so confident that TGW's the GP group of the year. So I'm actually writing these in backwards order, and have already written the DGOTY paragraph, so I feel like I might be rehashing stuff. Ultimately, I don't think there's any other region or organization which comes up as often in conversation, elicits as much emotion and response, or so unabashedly owns their game as The Grey Wardens. I was once told by one of those old 2005-era NSers that you know you've made it when people are accusing you of having influence in places you've never even heard of or gave a damn about. Well, lemme tell ya, if The Grey Wardens had half as much subversive ability as y'all claim we do, we'd be running this game. However, even without that, I think there's no other organization which has so heavily driven policy, elevated an R/D faction, and made shitposting into an art. I mean, hell, before we started doing it nobody made shitposts. Now pretty much everyone does.

Defender of the Year: Vincent Drake.

Optional Explanation: Breeze++. On pretty much every night. So damn fast. Finally even got around to using Sleepers. I don't think there's anyone on the game right now who defends more than Vinny D, and it's an absolute thrill watching him do it. If we built an AI for the purpose of defending, it still wouldn't be as good as Vinny is.

Defender Group of the Year: The Grey Wardens

Optional Explanation: I'm obviously biased here, being a Commander in TGW and all, but I'm gonna toot our horn. If you just look at the big picture, there is no other defender group which comes even close to having the impact on NS GP that The Order of The Grey Wardens has managed to have this year. Accused of being puppet masters in more places than we could imagine, including many places that we simply don't give a shit about, TGW is the defender group mentioned everywhere. TSP's politics? Must be the Wardens. Balder and Osiris need a foe? Must be the Wardens. Lazarus? Must be the Wardens, until people realized that if the Wardens were running the resistance then it wouldn't have capitulated like a headless chicken. No other Defender Military (and some would argue no military period) has the consistent combination of troop numbers, update presence, technical capabilities, intelligence gathering capabilities, and ability to monopolize the salt industry that The Grey Wardens have had this year.

Raider of the Year: Ever-Wandering Souls

Optional Explanation: Souls and I don't get along IC. However, I think he's someone who does care about this game, and that can be seen both from his passionate fighting for sensible Technical changes to Gameplay, to his work in setting up events for his spheres, and frankly I don't think there's anyone who busts their ass on the invader side more than him. In my mind, this is one of the most obvious votes, and I fully expect him to sweep this.

Optional Explanation: Look, I don't like The Black Hawks. That's fine, they don't like me. However, I think they continue to remain at the top of the Invader Totem Pole, and for good reason. Of the active invader groups in Gameplay, they are the largest, they have the most diversity in their operations, and they're the best at using soft power influence around the Gameplay world. Like them or not, they're a massive influence on this game, are still "the group" people think of when you bring up invading, and have the ability to cause the most impact on the game out of all the invader groups out there.

Independent of the Year: Lord Ravenclaw

Optional Explanation: While he's not overly active in R/D, can tend to be softspoken in Gameplay at times, and has certainly clashed with myself in the past, I think Raven's one of the clear nominations in this category. Even when he's barely caring about the game, people are speculating what he's involved in or influencing, and his exemplary leadership at the top of many of GP's most important regions has to be commended. He garners respect, is a community figure that both sides seem to be willing to talk with and listen to, and shows unquestionable dedication and drive for his causes and regions.

Independent Group of the Year: The South Pacific Special Forces

Optional Explanation: Okay, let's be real here for a second. Like it or not, the SPSF is not a defender organization. While it could be classified as defender-leaning, it regularly participates both in occupation style operations and tag raid operations. These days, it almost feels like SPSF General Vietnam does more tagging than defending. Just because y'all want to classify it as Defender for your political narrative doesn't make it true lmao. In addition, I think the SPSF has demonstrated exemplary leadership and organization, showing how to effectively and successfully organize and run a GCR Military which truly acts in the region and government's desires rather than in the interests of foreign string-pullers. They have what is frankly an undisputable claim on most active GCR Military, and even most active Unaligned military, with SPSF operation logs recording their troops present at nearly every update. Their military is the origin of multiple top-class R/Ders, such as USoVietnam, Roavin, and Escade, and its ability to keep consistent activity and always have something for its troops to do feels unparalleled to me when compared to all the other groups that aren't specifically R or D.

While I anticipate this category will become a close run-off between the SPSF, the ERN, and the TWPAF, I think that SPSF is the only clear winner if we think about this objectively.

Liberation of the Year: Japan (September)

Optional Explanation: I think this one by a mile is the most significant R/D liberation of the year in terms of troop deployment and importance of the region itself. Europeia, The North Pacific, and a few other folks were occupying Japan with a pretty sizeable force. However, by the next major, Defenders were able to jump on the region with 49 troops and secure its liberation. That's a massive number to field on a day's notice and I don't think any other Non-FashBash operation came close in terms of that many numbers being able to be pulled on as successful, short-notice liberation.

Raid of the Year: Lazarus

Optional Explanation: :P

Non-R/D Event of the Year: N-Day 2

Optional Explanation: While the first N-Day on April Fools was an exciting event, the second iteration on August 29th was so much more. We saw regions cooperating in new ways than ever before, via the crazy and unbalanced combat mechanic of the missiles and shields. Rather than a free for all fight, we saw real diplomatic strategy emerging, with factions turning on each other, Cold War tactics being employed, and a very effective consolidation of Non-Agression Pacts by the Top 10 or so alliances to ensure they would remain the Top 10 or so alliances. I think it's one of the best site events we have had to date, without question.

Media Outlet of the Year: News With Booze

Optional Explanation: Look, it might not be around much anymore (#fuckgreg), but NWB brought a fresh perspective into what was a relatively stagnant avenue at the time. While most of its content should come with parental advisory warnings, it covered a broad amount of topics, didn't take itself too seriously, and grew a cult GP following that led people to still request us NWB Producers to have another show again one of these days. I would say it was certainly the most memorable of all the assorted Media Outlets we've had this year.

Quote of the Year:

Consular wrote:You should consider passwording your region permanently.

Then letting it die. :)

Optional Explanation: While the context of the situation was him talking to our favorite Fascists Pretending To Not Be Fascists (Kaiserreich), I think the quote is just hilarious both in and out of context.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:29 pm

You know, kind of a late thought now, so this might just be something to consider for next year.

But I think instead of changing best gameplay newspaper to media outlet, should have added a new category for Radio News Shows. Lumping them together is like comparing apples to oranges.
Last edited by The Stalker on Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Miporin
Attaché

Founded: Jan 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Miporin » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Lifetime Gameplay Achievement: n/a
Optional Explanation: honestly, I'm far from qualified enough to make it nomination here :blush:

Gameplayer of the Year: Ever-Wandering Souls
Optional Explanation: For a while now, Souls has essentially been the face of The Black Hawks, and the tremendous amount of work that goes into keeping something of that nature running smoothly cannot be understated. Not only playing that role with aplomb, Souls is also responsible for a number of other achievements, including branching out into SC writing.

Gameplay Group of the Year: The NPO
Optional Explanation: This one goes less for concrete actions, and more for the sheer frequency with which they are brought up. In many ways, they have been one of the bogeymen of GP this year, and that perhaps deserves some recognition.

Defender of the Year: Vinny
Optional Explanation: In terms of sheer proficiency and presence, Vinny is almost certainly at the top of the pack, technical contributions notwithstanding.

Defender Group of the Year: TSP
Optional Explanation: despite the loud protests made every time they're called such, it can be argued that TSP, and a number of its high-profile citizens have had a bigger impact on the defender sphere than any other region.

Raider of the Year: Khronion
Optional Explanation: Not only the publicly lauded r/ders deserve a mention. Khron has been responsible for quite a bit of technical support, writing and maintaining several widely-used tools.

Optional Explanation: Shameless self-plug or no, TBH remain one of the most dominant and diverse raiding groups out there.

Independent of the Year: n/a
Optional Explanation:

Independent Group of the Year: n/a
Optional Explanation:

Liberation of the Year: n/a
Optional Explanation: Having sat out most of this year, I honestly couldn't name more than a couple high-profile libs from this year. Certainly they happened, but I found it hard to care :]

Raid of the Year: Operation Eclipse
Optional Explanation: Still stands as a ludicrously impressive achievement by most standards.

Non-R/D Event of the Year: Lazarus
Optional Explanation: no need to say much on this, really.

Media Outlet of the Year: Hell's Bells
Optional Explanation: Not gonna lie, there's a fair number of good choices, but I'm going for Hell's Bells for its consistent ability to make me chuckle and high production values.

Quote of the Year: n/a
Optional Explanation:
Ex-Delegate, Yggdrasil
Ex-Delegate, Valhalla
Sergeant, The Black Hawks
Warden-Constable, The Order of the Grey Wardens :)

I make raidy tools too! TG me for more info.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:17 pm

This is missing the best categories of the Gameplay Awards. Might as well just call these the R/D Awards.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:36 pm

Lifetime Gameplay Achievement: Astarial

Gameplay Group of the Year: The Grey Wardens

Defender Group of the Year: The Grey Wardens

Raider of the Year: N/A

Independent of the Year: N/A

Independent Group of the Year: Europeia

Liberation of the Year: N/A

Raid of the Year: N/A

Non-R/D Event of the Year: Mod Retirements

Media Outlet of the Year: News with Booze

Quote of the Year: "for a minute I genuinely thought I was Nakari and i nearly gaslighted myself" - The Grim Reaper
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Cormactopia Prime
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:This is missing the best categories of the Gameplay Awards. Might as well just call these the R/D Awards.

Literally the only potentially non-R/D categories missing are The "Iron" Armchair (which was super vague, but honestly I just forgot it), Gameplay Thread of the Year (which you left blank, saying we didn't have any good threads), and Meltdown of the Year (which numerous people said they didn't want because of how negative it would be). All of the other non-R/D awards have corresponding awards here, and in fact these awards have more non-R/D awards than the other awards. Lifetime Gameplay Achievement, Gameplay Group of the Year, as well as Independent and Independent Group of the Year are all additional awards with potential not to be R/D-related, and several nominations for those haven't been R/D-related. Non-R/D Event of the Year is even more explicitly, well, non-R/D than the corresponding Gameplay Awards category, which is simply Most Noteworthy Event of the Year, which could be an R/D event.

If you're going to complain and snipe solely because I'm the person behind something, at least attempt to be remotely accurate.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:46 pm

Lifetime Gameplay Achievement: Not sure
Optional Explanation:

Gameplayer of the Year: Badger
Optional Explanation:

Gameplay Group of the Year: Not sure yet
Optional Explanation:

Optional Explanation:

Defender Group of the Year: SPSF
Optional Explanation: I defended a few hundred of regions when I was a SPSF member :p

Raider of the Year:
Optional Explanation:

Raider Group of the Year: TWPAF and Lily
Optional Explanation: Well I raided 700+ regions with Lily, and around that same number with TWPAF

Independent of the Year: :O YAY! I'm happy you added this category <3 I'll think about it soon. But about time ^-^
Optional Explanation:

Independent Group of the Year: ERN
Optional Explanation: Most reliable
Liberation of the Year:
Optional Explanation:

Raid of the Year:
Optional Explanation:

Non-R/D Event of the Year:
Optional Explanation:

Media Outlet of the Year:
Optional Explanation:

Quote of the Year:
Optional Explanation:

(To be edited)
Last edited by Queen Yuno on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

Blood Wine
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blood Wine » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:52 pm

Formerly known as Port Blood
Elke and Elba wrote:Well Mall, you want Haven? I'd want your Joint Systems Alliance badge, then.
Discoveria wrote:Port blood is a raider through and through. Honest.
Tim-Opolis wrote:The Salt Mines will be fueled for months by the tears of silly fascists.
Sedgistan wrote:Attempted threadjack on sandwiches and satanism removed.
[4:27 PM] Antigone: Port Blood = Gameplay Jesus
Former foreign Minister of gay
Current community leader in charge of foreign affairs of gay
ex corporal in The Black Hawks

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:53 pm

I think Comfiest Armchair (which was what was originally suggested) should be in.

The definition was people who haven't seemed to have actually done anything for the year, but even (not doing so) have made an impact on gameplay.

The armchair bit was the hint ;)
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:53 pm

It has nothing to do with you, Cormac, though I don't know why you're a better candidate than the anonymous account running the Gameplay Awards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It has everything to do with this just being not all that great compared to the other awards. "Gameplay Group of the Year" is so non-R/D that most nominees so far have been R/D groups lmfao
Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Queen Yuno
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Queen Yuno » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:It has nothing to do with you, Cormac, though I don't know why you're a better candidate than the anonymous account running the Gameplay Awards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It has everything to do with this just being not all that great compared to the other awards. "Gameplay Group of the Year" is so non-R/D that most nominees so far have been R/D groups lmfao

Gameplay Group of the year: CRS (TSP)
Stop giving misogynistic abusers a platform. Anyone who sides with Tiktok Star Andrew Tate even 1% of what he says will be treated as enemy who should be shamed out of society. Impressions+Views+Videowatches=$. Nothing he says is new or revolutionary. I don't care if he said "some good stuff", it's still bad because: the more you watch him, the more ad revenue MONEY and algorithm BOOSTS you're giving him to traffick victims. And don't say the victim lied, a young man stupidly told me that the victim confessed to lying, I told em to link me proof, articles or the Audio of her confession, he googled and found 0 proof 0 articles, and he realized he was spreading fake rumors he heard and BELIEVED without fact-check. Don't brand victims as liars without GOOGLING. Debated here

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:59 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:It has nothing to do with you, Cormac, though I don't know why you're a better candidate than the anonymous account running the Gameplay Awards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It has everything to do with this just being not all that great compared to the other awards.

You totally just outed yourself as the host of the Gameplay Awards

gg
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:02 pm

1. We know who's running it so there's actual accountability.
2. We know who's running it so we can rest assured that the person running it is actually a capable GPer.
3. It's being restricted to public voting, unlike that anonymous host's farce of an event.

Gameplay Group of the Year is an inherently R/D-affiliated thing, because R/D is such a major part of being relevant in Gameplay. If you can find me a candidate who would actually have a chance of winning Gameplay Group of the Year and doesn't have a military tied to it, I'll genuinely be amazed. Europeia, TGW, the GCRs, and pretty much any other region in NSGP that want to be relevant all have militaries. They don't just have 'em for fun, you know. Having an R/D Military, and a capable and active one at that, is a major part of being influential and relevant in NSGP as a region, whether the non-R/Ders like it or not.

You seem to be trying to look for awards which don't revolve around R/Ders, but awards such as the GP Thread of the Year, Meltdown, and Armchair will always ultimately be centered around R/D in some way. I mean, hell, Armchair is literally an award for the most prominent R/D activists who don't actually actively R/D.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Parazzia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Parazzia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:04 pm

I'll have some nominations in a little while, but I'm curious about why no upcoming raider/defender awards?

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:1. We know who's running it so there's actual accountability.
2. We know who's running it so we can rest assured that the person running it is actually a capable GPer.
3. It's being restricted to public voting, unlike that anonymous host's farce of an event.

And who exactly ran the last 2 years awards? Why is the TG voting suddenly so unacceptable? I'm having a hard time seeing why there needed to be a "boycott." (Or that there even really is one.)

This all just seems to be nonsense drama (that nobody cared about the past years) over some silly awards that don't matter lol
Last edited by Glen-Rhodes on Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:11 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:
Tim-Opolis wrote:1. We know who's running it so there's actual accountability.

And who exactly ran the last 2 years awards? Why is the TG voting suddenly so unacceptable? I'm having a hard time seeing why there needed to be a "boycott." (Or that there even really is one.)

This all just seems to be nonsense drama (that nobody cared about the past years) over some silly awards that don't matter lol

>The awards don't matter and this is all nonsense drama
>The awards matter enough for you to derail the thread by bitching about them

Pick one
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay