NATION

PASSWORD

ISSUE IDEA: Let It Snow

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

ISSUE IDEA: Let It Snow

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 pm

[title] Let it Snow

[desc] After a month and a half into @@NAME@@'s snow season, there has been a severe lack of snow. This is causing @@NAME@@'s ski resorts to suffer financially, and there are demands thrown around from various groups as to what, if anything, should be done to combat climate change.

[validity] Only valid for nations with falling environmental standards, and heavy reliance on tourism, must allow cars and private industry, must allow planes

[option]"Tourism is a vital industry in @@NAME@@ and brings hundreds of wealthy people to our nation every year!" quotes @@RANDOMNAME@@, the mayor of Mountain View, a ski resort, showing you a chart of @@HIS@@ town's budget. "These tourists spend money in our supermarkets, restaurants, souvenir shops and airports, bringing in millions of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ and employment. We need to stop pollution now!"
[effect] saying the word "factory" often leads to a lifetime ban from @@NAME@@'s ski resorts

[option] "Or we could develop that land we got in the polar region," suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, an urban planner, showing you a map of snowcover. "There's still plenty of snow and ice in the winters, and the tourists can ski under the auroras! In summer, tourists can camp under the midnight sun. It'll be great!"
[effect] tourists are confused by basic compass directions
ALTERNATELY: penguins and polar bears have become the face of tourism

[option]"We have one bad year, and all of a sudden, the globe is melting!" comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, a well-known and outspoken climate anthropogenic change denier, whose snow shovel broke, "Remember 6 months ago when we had snow well into summer? Summer! And don't tell me that this winter was snowless either, just last week, I was stuck behind a snow plow going 50 in a 55 zone! And that's not the only thing I hate about snow! The power failures, the delayed trains, the snow tires, the stranded cars, the closure of airports! Snow ain't going anywhere, but even if it was, good riddance!"
[effect] the tourism department is trying to promote skiing on grass

[option] "You know, we can make snow." Suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, the owner of Snow Guns inc. "We have snow cannons, cloud seedin, and a new mix of chemicals which can allow snow to be created in temperatures upto 20°C!" @@HE@@ hands you a paper, "my research shows that professional snowboarders can't even tell the difference!"
[effect] millions of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ in taxes are spent in creating artificial snow and even more in ploughing it

[option] "You're all missing the next big opportunity," comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, a famous @@DENOYNM@@ BMX Olympic athlete, whilst polishing @@HIS@@ gold medal. "Winter sports are great, but our mountains could be used for more. Around the world, ski resorts are being used for snow sports in the colder months, and other activities, such as abseiling, mountain climbing…" @@HE@@ trails on... "in the summer. This way, we can have year-round tourism, and not have to worry about weather, or climate, or anything. Not to mention the benefit that the sporting teams, such as mine, who represent @@NAME@@ on an international stage, will receive."
[effect] @@NAME@@ is spending millions of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ to encourage people to take ski trips in summer

Title:
Let it Snow

Description:
After a month and a half into @@NAME@@'s snow season, there has been a severe lack of snow. This is causing @@NAME@@'s ski resorts to suffer financially, and there are demands thrown around from various groups as to what, if anything, should be done to combat climate change.

Validity:
Only valid for nations with falling environmental standards, and heavy reliance on tourism, must allow cars and private industry, must allow planes

Options:
[option]"Tourism is a vital industry in @@NAME@@ and brings hundreds of wealthy people to our nation every year!" quotes @@RANDOMNAME@@, the mayor of Mountain View, a ski resort, showing you a chart of @@HIS@@ town's budget "These tourists spend money in our supermarkets, restaurants, souvenir shops and airports, bringing in millions of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ and employment. We need to stop pollution now!"
[effect] Saying the word "factory" often leads to a lifetime ban from @@NAME@@'s ski resorts

[option] "Or we could develop that land we got in the polar region," suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, an urban planner, showing you a map of snow cover. "There's still plenty of snow and ice in the winters, and the tourists can ski under the auroras! In summer, tourists can camp under the midnight sun. It'll be great!"

[option]"We have one bad year, and all of a sudden, the globe is melting!" comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, a well-known and outspoken climate anthropomorphic change denier, who's snow shovel broke, "Remember 6 months ago when we had snow well into summer? Summer! And don't tell me that this winter was snowless either, just last week, I was stuck behind a snow plow going 50 in a 55 zone! And that's not the only thing I hate about snow! The power failures, the delayed trains, the snow tires, the strandard cars, the closure of airports! Snow ain't going anywhere, but even if it was, good riddance!"

[option] "You know, we can make snow." Suggests @@RANDOMNAME, the owner of Snow Guns inc. "We have snow cannons, cloud seeding, and a new mix of chemicals which can allow snow to be created in temperatures upto 20°C!" @@HE@@ hands you a paper, "my research shows that professional snowboarders can't even tell the difference!"
[effect] millions of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ in taxes are spent in creating artificial snow and even more in ploughing it

[option "Your all missing the next big opportunity," comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, a famous @@DENOYNM@@ BMX Olympic athlete, whilst polishing @@HIS@@ gold medal "Winter sports are great, but our mountains could be used for more. Around the world, ski resorts are being used for snow sports in the colder months, and other activities, such as abseiling, mountain climbing…" @@HE@@ trails on... "in the summer. This way, we can have year-round tourism, and not have to worry about weather, or climate, or anything. Not to mention the benefit that the sporting teams, such as mine, who represent @@NAME@@ on an international stage, will receive"
[effect] @@NAME@@ is spending millions of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ to encourage people to take ski trips in summer
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:05 am

Australian Republic wrote:Validity:
Only valid for nations with falling environmental standards, and heavy reliance on tourism, must allow cars and private industry, must allow planes
That's a few too many criteria, and some don't even seem relevant. I suggest either tweaking the options to avoid mentions of cars, planes, or corporations, or create alternate versions of those options for nations that don't have them.

Australian Republic wrote:climate anthropomorphic change
You mean "anthropogenic climate change".

("Anthropomorphic" = "resembles a human", "anthropogenic" = "caused by humans". You might recognize the element from the word "generate".)

Australian Republic wrote:who's
"Whose".

Also, you need to follow this with a period rather than a comma.

Australian Republic wrote:the strandard cars
"Stranded".

Australian Republic wrote:"Your all missing the next big opportunity,"
"You're".

Australian Republic wrote:town's budget
Australian Republic wrote:gold medal
Australian Republic wrote:will receive
You need a period after these.

Also, in the next-to-last option, "suggests" should be lowercase.

The dark Panther
Envoy

Founded: Sep 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The dark Panther » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Australian Republic wrote:Title:
Let it Snow

Description:
After a month and a half into @@NAME@@'s snow season, there has been a severe lack of snow. This is causing @@NAME@@'s ski resorts to suffer financially, and there are demands thrown around from various groups as to what, if anything, should be done to combat climate change.

Validity:

Options:
[option]"Tourism is a vital industry in @@NAME@@ and brings hundreds of wealthy people to our nation every year!" quotes @@RANDOMNAME@@, the mayor of Mountain View, a ski resort, showing you a chart of @@HIS@@ town's budget "These tourists spend money in our supermarkets, restaurants, souvenir shops and airports, bringing in millions of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ and employment. We need to stop pollution now!"
[effect] Saying the word "factory" often leads to a lifetime ban from @@NAME@@'s ski resorts

[option] "Or we could develop that land we got in the polar region," suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, an urban planner, showing you a map of snow cover. "There's still plenty of snow and ice in the winters, and the tourists can ski under the auroras! In summer, tourists can camp under the midnight sun. It'll be great!"

[option]"We have one bad year, and all of a sudden, the globe is melting!" comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, a well-known and outspoken climate anthropomorphic change denier, who's snow shovel broke, "Remember 6 months ago when we had snow well into summer? Summer! And don't tell me that this winter was snowless either, just last week, I was stuck behind a snow plow going 50 in a 55 zone! And that's not the only thing I hate about snow! The power failures, the delayed trains, the snow tires, the strandard cars, the closure of airports! Snow ain't going anywhere, but even if it was, good riddance!"

[option] "You know, we can make snow." Suggests @@RANDOMNAME, the owner of Snow Guns inc. "We have snow cannons, cloud seeding, and a new mix of chemicals which can allow snow to be created in temperatures upto 20°C!" @@HE@@ hands you a paper, "my research shows that professional snowboarders can't even tell the difference!"

[option "Your all missing the next big opportunity," comments @@RANDOMNAME@@, a famous @@DENOYNM@@ BMX Olympic athlete, whilst polishing @@HIS@@ gold medal "Winter sports are great, but our mountains could be used for more. Around the world, ski resorts are being used for snow sports in the colder months, and other activities, such as abseiling, mountain climbing…" @@HE@@ trails on... "in the summer. This way, we can have year-round tourism, and not have to worry about weather, or climate, or anything. Not to mention the benefit that the sporting teams, such as mine, who represent @@NAME@@ on an international stage, will receive"

the title joke isn't that great and why would you the leader of a nation get this as a issue. ski resorts are having trouble so? why should the goverment and the leader care?
New nation is Rusthenia

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:34 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:Validity:
That's a few too many criteria, and some don't even seem relevant. I suggest either tweaking the options to avoid mentions of cars, planes, or corporations, or create alternate versions of those options for nations that don't have them.

I don't think so. In order for tourism to have such an economic impact there would have to be planes and private industry. That only leaves cars, which I don't think it's worth creating a new option for that. It just gives him more to whinge about, but I would be happy to change if someone else thinks so

Australian Republic wrote:climate anthropomorphic change
You mean "anthropogenic climate change".

("Anthropomorphic" = "resembles a human", "anthropogenic" = "caused by humans". You might recognize the element from the word "generate".)

Australian Republic wrote:who's
"Whose".

Also, you need to follow this with a period rather than a comma.

How did I miss that? Thanks!
Australian Republic wrote:the strandard cars
"Stranded".

Australian Republic wrote:"Your all missing the next big opportunity,"
"You're".

Australian Republic wrote:town's budget
Australian Republic wrote:gold medal
Australian Republic wrote:will receive
You need a period after these.

Also, in the next-to-last option, "suggests" should be lowercase.

Thanks
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:36 pm

The Dark Panther wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:Title:
Let it Snow

Description:

Validity:

Options:

the title joke isn't that great and why would you the leader of a nation get this as a issue. ski resorts are having trouble so? why should the goverment and the leader care?

Thanks! I wrote that it's because it's having a huge impact on the economy. I'm not sure if I need to make it clearer.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:32 am

The effect line for option 1 has an erroneous capital letter.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:39 am

Kenmoria wrote:The effect line for option 1 has an erroneous capital letter.

Fixed, thanks!

The dark Panther
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The dark Panther » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:28 am

Australian Republic wrote:
The Dark Panther wrote:

Thanks! I wrote that it's because it's having a huge impact on the economy. I'm not sure if I need to make it clearer.

sorry I'm late. i couldn't tell it was having a huge impact on the economy so while i was reading i was like "why is the leader hearing this and caring? it's just ski resorts having trouble?"
New nation is Rusthenia

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:16 pm

The Dark Panther wrote:
Australian Republic wrote:Thanks! I wrote that it's because it's having a huge impact on the economy. I'm not sure if I need to make it clearer.

sorry I'm late. i couldn't tell it was having a huge impact on the economy so while i was reading i was like "why is the leader hearing this and caring? it's just ski resorts having trouble?"

I'll fix it. Thanks!

The dark Panther
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The dark Panther » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:05 am

Australian Republic wrote:
The Dark Panther wrote:

I'll fix it. Thanks!

for option 3 make it so it's just the ALTERNATELY "penguins and polar bears have become the faces of tourism" since it's better then "tourists are confused by basic compass directions"
New nation is Rusthenia

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?