NATION

PASSWORD

Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson dies of "probable suicide"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson dies of "probable suicide"

Postby The Portland Territory » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:03 pm

http://www.wdrb.com/story/37062873/rep- ... washington

Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, died of a "probable suicide," the Bullitt County coroner said.

Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said Johnson drove onto the bridge over the Salt River on Greenwell Ford Road in Mt. Washington, parked on the north side of it and shot himself in front of his car. His body was found on the bank of the river, just past the bridge.

Just before 5 p.m. Wednesday, Johnson posted the following message on his Facebook page:

The accusations from NPR are false GOD and only GOD knows the truth, nothing is the way they make it out to be. AMERICA will not survive this type of judge and jury fake news . Conservatives take a stand. I LOVE GOD and I LOVE MY WIFE, who is the best WIFE in the world,My Love Forever ! My Mom and Dad my FAMILY and all five of my kids and Nine grandchildren two in tummies and many more to come each of you or a total gift from GOD stay strong, REBECCA needs YOU . 9-11-2001 NYC/WTC, PTSD 24/7 16 years is a sickness that will take my life, I cannot handle it any longer. IT Has Won This Life . BUT HEAVEN IS MY HOME. “PLEASE LISTEN CLOSELY, Only Three things I ask of you to do,if you love me is (1)blame no person,Satan is the accuser, so blame the Devil himself. (2) Forgive and Love everyone especially yourself .(3)most importantly LOVE GOD. P.S. I LOVE MY FRIENDS YOU ARE FAMILY ! GOD LOVES ALL PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT !

That's it, I'm fucking tired of it. All the sexual allegations ruining the lives of innocent people, and even destroying others. There is nothing wrong with coming out against your rapers, but taking their word as God's word is wrong! Whatever happened to innocence until proven guilty, huh? Despicable
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Yeah, it definitely seems like he's innocent now that he's killed himself.

Khanastan
Ambassador

Founded: May 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khanastan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:12 pm

There are a lot of people who are going to take this suicide as an admission of guilt, and i'm not sure if I count myself among them or not yet.

I can only imagine that for someone being accused, seeing other people being dragged through the mud is incredibly disheartening, but killing yourself over it is a pretty deplorable way to overcome an allegation. Now he's dead and nothing has been proven, nor will ever be proven. Call me heartless, but the note he left on facebook, to me, comes across as more deflective and inflammatory than anything else.

People will crowd around events like this as a point against people coming forward, as opposed to relying on justice to disprove false allegations.
“The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing.” - Socrates
Khanastan is an entirely fictional PMT nation somewhat similar to a larger, more free version of China. We are a massive federal representative republic of half a billion people with a self-sufficient, world-dominating economy. NS stats are not used. Use our Factbook instead.
Call me Khan. I've been here a while. I'm from Glasgow, Scotland. I think people should treat people like they want to be treated themselves. If you want to know more you're going have to buy me a drink or get to know me better, otherwise i'll stop being such a mystery.
Merry crisis one and all.

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Trial by media is a problem but suicide is not an admission of guilt or proof of his innocence.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Khanastan
Ambassador

Founded: May 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Khanastan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Des-Bal wrote:Trial by media is a problem but suicide is not an admission of guilt or proof of his innocence.

Which is precisely the problem. The main source of his potential innocence just shot itself in the head. Now we're left in limbo and we can only assume, and people are not going to assume in a way that reflects well on him.
“The ancient Oracle said that I was the wisest of all the Greeks. It is because I alone, of all the Greeks, know that I know nothing.” - Socrates
Khanastan is an entirely fictional PMT nation somewhat similar to a larger, more free version of China. We are a massive federal representative republic of half a billion people with a self-sufficient, world-dominating economy. NS stats are not used. Use our Factbook instead.
Call me Khan. I've been here a while. I'm from Glasgow, Scotland. I think people should treat people like they want to be treated themselves. If you want to know more you're going have to buy me a drink or get to know me better, otherwise i'll stop being such a mystery.
Merry crisis one and all.

Inter-Universal Republic of Earth
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Inter-Universal Republic of Earth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 pm

What sucks is that suicide is a big no no in the Bible.
Wanna see my really big ship?

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

United Dependencies
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Dependencies » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:26 pm

I think this is the same guy who made a facebook post comparing the Obamas to apes.
Last edited by United Dependencies on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alien Space Bats wrote:2012: The Year We Lost Contact (with Reality).

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Obamacult wrote:Maybe there is an economically sound and rational reason why there are no longer high paying jobs for qualified accountants, assembly line workers, glass blowers, blacksmiths, tanners, etc.

Maybe dragons took their jobs. Maybe unicorns only hid their jobs because unicorns are dicks. Maybe 'jobs' is only an illusion created by a drug addled infant pachyderm. Fuck dude, if we're in 'maybe' land, don't hold back.

This is Nationstates we're here to help

Are you a native or resident of North Carolina?

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:28 pm

United Dependencies wrote:I think this is the same guy who made a facebook post comparing the Obamas to apes.

Indeed.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inter-Universal Republic of Earth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Well, if innocent, I hope he rests peacefully. If not, he can burn in hell.

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 pm

MERIZoC wrote:Yeah, it definitely seems like he's innocent now that he's killed himself.

Don't cut yourself on that edge there, buddy.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 pm

One truth in life is that it gets worse before it gets better. If they were innocent, why not let the investigation proceed? And (if it is competent) they will be exonerated and have nothing to worry about. It is shame if they couldn't take the heat. Nobody will know for certain now.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:37 pm

I smell a case of protesting too much.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Inter-Universal Republic of Earth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Saiwania wrote:One truth in life is that it gets worse before it gets better. If they were innocent, why not let the investigation proceed? And (if it is competent) they will be exonerated and have nothing to worry about. It is shame if they couldn't take the heat. Nobody will know for certain now.

There have been rape/molestation cases presented that even when dismissed, can ruin someone's life. I assume this is what he thought.

_[' ]_
(-_Q)

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:40 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:Yeah, it definitely seems like he's innocent now that he's killed himself.

Don't cut yourself on that edge there, buddy.

"the fat old ultrareligious conservative man is probably guilty of sexual assault" doesnt strike me as a particularly fringe take

Killing yourself when you haven't even suffered because of the accusations pretty much proves it.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:42 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:http://www.wdrb.com/story/37062873/rep-dan-johnson-commits-suicide-on-bridge-in-mt-washington

Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, died of a "probable suicide," the Bullitt County coroner said.

Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said Johnson drove onto the bridge over the Salt River on Greenwell Ford Road in Mt. Washington, parked on the north side of it and shot himself in front of his car. His body was found on the bank of the river, just past the bridge.

Just before 5 p.m. Wednesday, Johnson posted the following message on his Facebook page:

The accusations from NPR are false GOD and only GOD knows the truth, nothing is the way they make it out to be. AMERICA will not survive this type of judge and jury fake news . Conservatives take a stand. I LOVE GOD and I LOVE MY WIFE, who is the best WIFE in the world,My Love Forever ! My Mom and Dad my FAMILY and all five of my kids and Nine grandchildren two in tummies and many more to come each of you or a total gift from GOD stay strong, REBECCA needs YOU . 9-11-2001 NYC/WTC, PTSD 24/7 16 years is a sickness that will take my life, I cannot handle it any longer. IT Has Won This Life . BUT HEAVEN IS MY HOME. “PLEASE LISTEN CLOSELY, Only Three things I ask of you to do,if you love me is (1)blame no person,Satan is the accuser, so blame the Devil himself. (2) Forgive and Love everyone especially yourself .(3)most importantly LOVE GOD. P.S. I LOVE MY FRIENDS YOU ARE FAMILY ! GOD LOVES ALL PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT !

That's it, I'm fucking tired of it. All the sexual allegations ruining the lives of innocent people, and even destroying others. There is nothing wrong with coming out against your rapers, but taking their word as God's word is wrong! Whatever happened to innocence until proven guilty, huh? Despicable

NSG is not your blog. It's not anyone's blog, come to think of it.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General