NATION

PASSWORD

Measurments of Government Spending

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Measurments of Government Spending

Postby Jutsa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:21 am

Hello~

I'm not exactly a frequent comer, here in Technical, but I had wanted to ask a question because I noticed this for the first time.
For reference, iots are my national currency.
(If it's been there forever and I never noticed it, then I'm a cluts, but that's not why I'm here)

I was actually wondering why the system to track government spending is so odd.
I mean, I've calculated that 15.6%(my spending for health care) of my 272 trillion currencies(all government spending) is 43.432 trillion currencies,
yet, as in the image, it says I only spend 9,776.43 currencies. That's quite a difference,
and I was wondering if there's a reason for that or if it's something that could and/or should be changed.

Er - that's all. Hope I'm doing this right. :blush:
Last edited by Jutsa on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:23 am

I'm pretty sure this is spending per person, so nations with different populations can be compared fairly.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 am

Jutsa wrote:Hello~

I'm not exactly a frequent comer, here in Technical, but I had wanted to ask a question because I noticed this for the first time.
For reference, iots are my national currency.
(Image)
(If it's been there forever and I never noticed it, then I'm a cluts, but that's not why I'm here)

I was actually wondering why the system to track government spending is so odd.
I mean, I've calculated that 15.6%(my spending for health care) of my 272 trillion currencies(all government spending) is 43.432 trillion currencies,
yet, as in the image, it says I only spend 9,776.43 currencies. That's quite a difference,
and I was wondering if there's a reason for that or if it's something that could and/or should be changed.

Er - that's all. Hope I'm doing this right. :blush:

It is per capita spending that is being shown.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:32 am

Aaah, ok. Thank you. :)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:32 pm

(161,241*0.388)*0.156=9,759.59525
more or less checks out

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:57 pm

I fixed the labels, which in this case should have been "Clooney Contribution Index" rather than "Iots."

But yes, this ranking, like quite a few of the economic ones, is measured in units of currency of spending or output per person.

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:33 pm

[violet] wrote:I fixed the labels, which in this case should have been "Clooney Contribution Index" rather than "Iots."

But yes, this ranking, like quite a few of the economic ones, is measured in units of currency of spending or output per person.

Clooney Contribution is for foreign aid. Regardless, thank you for fixing the indices.
Last edited by Merconitonitopia on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical