NATION

PASSWORD

Gwalethia Sign-up Thread [Medieval Tech, Open]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aeternaea
Attaché

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:27 pm

Feningars wrote:IC nation name: Principality of Feningars
Capital: Stadthügel
Government type: Principality
Race Group(s): Humans, more similar to Austrian culture in our world (sorry for being boring).
Language(s): Fengonian, which is EXTREMELY similar to German.
Inspiration for nation: I was hoping to seem more similar to the Kingdom of Austria, as I plan to make my culture like Austrian culture. My government is similar to that of nations in the HRE.
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki):
Feningars is a fairly young nation, as it was formed by many minor kingdoms and duchies of similar cultural and religious ideas decided to unite under the banner of Jevers (1256 C.E.), the largest Duchy during the later parts of the Eotteven Confederation. the Eotteven Federation was a succession of the old empire, which held most of the older parts of the now dead empire. during the time of Jevers, it grew into a economic hub for many countries and empires due to its strategic location and safe ports. Jevers also was able to uphold the empire with a strong military and also its more liberal policies concerning trade and foreign affairs. Along with that, the mountains East of its border protect the nation. Rivers and rain help make the soil easy to farm on and crop yields always tend to be large and in abundance. Having a united culture, strong government, and being protected from invaders allows Feningars to function with ease and success.
Map claim (Imgur):
Place me where you feel Germans would fit best and I at least have a coast into the ocean, I like surprises.
Geography and climate of nation: Feningars hugs the coast of its home continent. It is shielded by high peaks to the East, giving it a natural border. Feningars is fairly cool, as the average temperature during its summer is about 22 degrees Celsius. The climate of Feningars is quite comparable to North England.
Scoresheet Information: Max limited to 30 points for new nations.
Innovation: 4/6
Diplomacy: 4/6
Economy: 4/6
Production: 4/6
Magecraft: 1/6
Land/military tech: 3/6
Naval tech: 3/6
Adaptability: 2/6
Population: 3/6
Espionage: 2/6

How did you hear about Gwalethia?: I was putting in specific tags for an interesting medieval roleplayer, and this one popped up and it was quite intriguing.
What other nations do you use on NS? Aurinel and Lusono.
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):
I am going to leave this blank, as I plan to send something to the founder via discord, so please watch out for that!
Any other info you wish to add (Optional): I'm somewhat new to nationstates, so the way I may roleplay might seem different, as I am used to a sort of Dungeon Master type of role controlling the fate of my nation, not how nationstates roleplays play it out.

Approved, welcome!
Blah!

Aliad Empire
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aliad Empire » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:58 pm

IC Nation Name: Aliad Empire
Capital: Allenia
Government type: Dictatorship
Race Group(s): Humans
Languages(s): English
Inspiration for Nation: I was trying to find a nation which I can effectively control without having to deal with rebellions
Brief History of Nation: The Aliad Empire originated from the Alliadi tribes, whom were considered barbaric to the Flyiad Empire. The emperor's of the Flyiad Empire continuously spread propaganda of the Alliadi tribes. After the fall of the Flyiad Empire, the Alliadi tribes conducted several raids on the remnants of the hollow empire. The Mashtosti had united the tribes under one leader, Khani Luloosh. He quickly conquered the land that the Aliad Empire currently holds, and his successors took on to his empire, this family called House Luloosh has ruled the empire from 325 C.E. onwards.
Map Claim: Bordering the Krunkrisk of Unskurk (whatever that's nations name is), we'll be on the south eastern part of them.
Geography and Climate of Nation: the Aliad Empire is protected from invasions of its west because of the Konturks, a large array of mountains that's stretch to both sides of the empire, from north to south, along their border with the Krunkrisk of Unskurk.

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:34 pm

Aliad Empire wrote:IC Nation Name: Aliad Empire
Capital: Allenia
Government type: Dictatorship
Race Group(s): Humans
Languages(s): English
Inspiration for Nation: I was trying to find a nation which I can effectively control without having to deal with rebellions
Brief History of Nation: The Aliad Empire originated from the Alliadi tribes, whom were considered barbaric to the Flyiad Empire. The emperor's of the Flyiad Empire continuously spread propaganda of the Alliadi tribes. After the fall of the Flyiad Empire, the Alliadi tribes conducted several raids on the remnants of the hollow empire. The Mashtosti had united the tribes under one leader, Khani Luloosh. He quickly conquered the land that the Aliad Empire currently holds, and his successors took on to his empire, this family called House Luloosh has ruled the empire from 325 C.E. onwards.
Map Claim: Bordering the Krunkrisk of Unskurk (whatever that's nations name is), we'll be on the south eastern part of them.
Geography and Climate of Nation: the Aliad Empire is protected from invasions of its west because of the Konturks, a large array of mountains that's stretch to both sides of the empire, from north to south, along their border with the Krunkrisk of Unskurk.

A few things I need to confirm;
1) You say bordered with Kunkrisk of Unskurk? I don't know what nation that is. Do you mean the Konikrijk of Ulksar?
2) What are your point investments?

After those, I can approve.
Blah!

Anfeald
Civilian

Founded: Jan 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Anfeald » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:07 am

IC nation name: Kingdom of Anfeald (Anfeald Rīce
Capital: Dommoc
Government type:
Race Group(s): Largely human
Language(s): Anglo-Saxon
Inspiration for nation: The Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms from the show Vikings, as well as history
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): It can't be known for sure how the Anfealdi came about, little is known about the official history due to a lack of writing, with the only sources being that of oral traditions, however these have been heavily exaggerated at best. What is kniwn is that a long history of fighting and invasions over the sweet and fertile lands that make up the kingdom have shaped the people living there, however it wasn't until three centuries prior to know that King Ceowulf of Rendle was able to unite the various Anfealdi Kingdoms in a series of increasingly brutal wars that have led to a reputation of ferocity and violence spreading about the people.
Map claim (Imgur):

Geography and climate of nation: Anfeald sits on a goldmine of fertile lands, its soil almost black with nutrients and blessed with good weather. It's lands are flat, however the further north you go, the more hilly it becomes. Where there is not farms or towns, there are forests that spread for miles, teeming with life.
Economy: 3/6
Production: 5/6
Magecraft: 3/6
Naval tech: 2/6
Espionage: 1/6

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Chilling
What other nations do you use on NS? Newrey, Luixiana, Veleaz

Any other info you wish to add (Optional):

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:22 pm

Anfeald wrote:IC nation name: Kingdom of Anfeald (Anfeald Rīce
Capital: Dommoc
Government type:
Race Group(s): Largely human
Language(s): Anglo-Saxon
Inspiration for nation: The Anglo-Saxon Kingdoms from the show Vikings, as well as history
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): It can't be known for sure how the Anfealdi came about, little is known about the official history due to a lack of writing, with the only sources being that of oral traditions, however these have been heavily exaggerated at best. What is kniwn is that a long history of fighting and invasions over the sweet and fertile lands that make up the kingdom have shaped the people living there, however it wasn't until three centuries prior to know that King Ceowulf of Rendle was able to unite the various Anfealdi Kingdoms in a series of increasingly brutal wars that have led to a reputation of ferocity and violence spreading about the people.
Map claim (Imgur):

Geography and climate of nation: Anfeald sits on a goldmine of fertile lands, its soil almost black with nutrients and blessed with good weather. It's lands are flat, however the further north you go, the more hilly it becomes. Where there is not farms or towns, there are forests that spread for miles, teeming with life.
Production: 5/6

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Chilling
What other nations do you use on NS? Newrey, Luixiana, Veleaz

Approved, and welcome back.
Blah!

Aleia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 27, 2013
Libertarian Police State

Postby Aleia » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:49 pm

IC nation name: Kingdom of Venerent
Capital: Donvern
RP population: 550,000
Government type: Monarchy
Race Group(s): Predominantly humans, but also a elves and orcs whom the humans have organized into castes
Language(s): Venic (Norwegian) (No, I won't butcher it)
Inspiration for nation: Tolkien I've been inspired by Norse/Norwegian culture. I have also considered aspects of the industrial revolution, and religions such as Christianity and Zoroastrianism.

Wow, this is messier than planned

Venerent is a Kingdom formed from Venic settlers who arrived at the northernmost islands in the bay centuries ago (it is rumored they came from Sannerby-Annestad), but it was not until 200 years before present that they settled in the rest of the lands it controls today. The order to expands southwards came from the vision of the ruler's jester. During the expansion, the settlers came into conflict with the elves in the west and the orcs in the south. Subjugating them both using their magical superiority, the humans established dominance over the new lands. Today, the Kingdom is ruled from the city of Donvern, on Donvern Island, the same island the settlers first arrived at. The ruler is called the Inithean. In order to maintain communications between the landmasses and the capital, Venerent has developed a sizable naval fleet.

When the settlers arrived at Donvern, they brought with them prior arcane knowledge with unknown origin. Venic mages practice a form of magic/alchemy known as gem-working. They join hands with laborers to grind down various gemstones (gems have become highly sought after) into powder, which they dissolve with a rainfall unique to Venerent to create a liquid substance called Neron. The liquid can be used for various magical processes, including enchanting.

Map claim (Imgur): https://imgur.com/0xyFSkn

Geography and climate of nation: While some of the Venic lands are forested, most of it is open plain. Some of the islands have rough terrain. Due to the long coastlines of the kingdom, both summers and winters are relatively mild, but winds blow strongly. A special type of rainfall, often green in color, falls on the westernmost islands.

Scoresheet Information: Max limited to 30 points for new nations
Innovation: 5/6
Diplomacy: 2/6
Production: 2/6
Magecraft: 6/6
Naval tech: 4/6
Adaptability: 1/6
Population: 2/6
How did you hear about Gwalethia? People in Aeia
What other nations do you use on NS? Aleia (in Aeia)
Corporate Takeover - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=405055 (I wrote until the end)
Someone Set Us Up the Bomb - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=370105 (Only the beginning)
Considering that I am unable to maintain several NS-accounts, I might not be able to have a nation in the region. Of course, I will try my best.

Tovaaria
Civilian

Founded: Jan 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Tovaaria » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:29 pm

IC nation name: Tovaria
Capital: None
Government type: Anarchy, de jure vassal under Deskhket
Race Group(s): (For example, Human, Dwarven, Elven, etc.) Human
Language(s): Tovarian
Inspiration for nation: Celts, Tuareg peoples, Sparta
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): The fall of Great Arak brought incredible and horrid natural genocide to those who lived on what is know the Tovarian Peninsula. The weak perished, and only the legendary Tovar remained. He reportedly survived in the desert for decades, taking many wives and spawning many sons from his loins. Fifty Sons each bore Fifty children, and soon the Tovarian people took on a strong and unbreakable ethnic identity within the wretched desert. The men and women are all the apex of masculinity, seeing the weaker nations outside the desert as deserving of help, as sources for luxury that they themselves didn't have. As such, they offer their services to the outside in exchange for vast fortunes. When a Tovarian dies, their bones are added to the People's Palace, which is eternally being built. They have many strange customs, as they consider their own an adult as soon as they can both speak and run, and refuse to kneel to any living thing or statue.
Map claim (Imgur): Peninsula bordering Deshkhet

Geography and climate of nation: Totally desert, warped with demonic and occult elements.
Innovation: 6/6
Diplomacy: 0/6
Economy: 0/6
Production: 6/6
Land/military tech: 6/6
Naval tech: 1/6
Adaptability: 6/6
Population: 1/6

How did you hear about Gwalethia?
What other nations do you use on NS?
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): You already know me~♥

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:36 pm

Aleia wrote:IC nation name: Kingdom of Venerent
Capital: Donvern
RP population: 550,000
Race Group(s): Predominantly humans, but also a elves and orcs whom the humans have organized into castes
Language(s): Venic (Norwegian) (No, I won't butcher it)
Inspiration for nation: Tolkien I've been inspired by Norse/Norwegian culture. I have also considered aspects of the industrial revolution, and religions such as Christianity and Zoroastrianism.

Wow, this is messier than planned

Venerent is a Kingdom formed from Venic settlers who arrived at the northernmost islands in the bay centuries ago (it is rumored they came from Sannerby-Annestad), but it was not until 200 years before present that they settled in the rest of the lands it controls today. The order to expands southwards came from the vision of the ruler's jester. During the expansion, the settlers came into conflict with the elves in the west and the orcs in the south. Subjugating them both using their magical superiority, the humans established dominance over the new lands. Today, the Kingdom is ruled from the city of Donvern, on Donvern Island, the same island the settlers first arrived at. The ruler is called the Inithean. In order to maintain communications between the landmasses and the capital, Venerent has developed a sizable naval fleet.

When the settlers arrived at Donvern, they brought with them prior arcane knowledge with unknown origin. Venic mages practice a form of magic/alchemy known as gem-working. They join hands with laborers to grind down various gemstones (gems have become highly sought after) into powder, which they dissolve with a rainfall unique to Venerent to create a liquid substance called Neron. The liquid can be used for various magical processes, including enchanting.

Map claim (Imgur): https://imgur.com/0xyFSkn

Geography and climate of nation: While some of the Venic lands are forested, most of it is open plain. Some of the islands have rough terrain. Due to the long coastlines of the kingdom, both summers and winters are relatively mild, but winds blow strongly. A special type of rainfall, often green in color, falls on the westernmost islands.

Scoresheet Information: Max limited to 30 points for new nations
Innovation: 5/6
Magecraft: 6/6
How did you hear about Gwalethia? People in Aeia
What other nations do you use on NS? Aleia (in Aeia)
Corporate Takeover - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=405055 (I wrote until the end)
Someone Set Us Up the Bomb - viewtopic.php?f=5&t=370105 (Only the beginning)
Considering that I am unable to maintain several NS-accounts, I might not be able to have a nation in the region. Of course, I will try my best.

Approved.
Blah!

Seclen
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Application

Postby Seclen » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:38 pm

IC nation name: The Kingdom of Seclen
Capital: TBD
Government type: Absolute Monarchy
Race Group(s): Beastmen
Language(s): TBD
Inspiration for nation: Personal inspiration from many games.
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): PM'd founder
Map claim (Imgur): PM'd founder

Geography and climate of nation: mountainous and green
Diplomacy: 3/6
Economy: 6/6
Naval tech: 0/6

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Founder
What other nations do you use on NS? N/A
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): Pm'd Founder

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): N/A

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Seclen wrote:IC nation name: The Kingdom of Seclen
Capital: TBD
Race Group(s): Beastmen
Language(s): TBD
Inspiration for nation: Personal inspiration from many games.
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): PM'd founder
Map claim (Imgur): PM'd founder

Geography and climate of nation: mountainous and green

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Founder
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): Pm'd Founder

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): N/A

Approved, welcome.
Blah!

Tribes of Sharna
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribes of Sharna » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:41 am

IC nation name: Tribes of Sharna
Capital: Fusham-hai
Government type: Tribal Confederation
Race Group(s): Orcs [dominant], Goblins [majority], Half-orcs [minority], Mixed-others [slaves]
Language(s): Ur-folun [Orcish]
Inspiration for nation: Norse Culture, TES Orcs, LotR Goblins
    Sharna is less a nation and more of a loose confederation of tribes dominated by their orcish population. Although outnumbered by approximately three-to-one by goblins, the orcs' greater physical capabilities and better intellect have placed them at the pinnacle of Sharnese society. This isn't to say that there are no goblins who have proven themselves to be capable warriors and thinkers along side their orcish masters, merely that these hobgoblins are uncommon.

As a tribal confederation, it cannot be said that there is any one capital in Sharna. The closest locale to such a description is Fusham-hai (lit. 'Great Camp') where the Kashaul-hai, the council of chieftains, meets to discuss matters related to all the tribes. When a sufficient threat or endeavor warrants unity among the tribes, the Kashaul-hai will elect a High Chieftain who will temporarily exercise authority over all tribes, though such an post will typically dissolve once the crisis is concluded (there are a few notable exceptions in history).

Chieftainship within a tribe is passed by means of martial challenge, a system that appears simplistic to an outside observer, but is in fact fraught with political maneuvering as well. There is no rule against supporters of the challenger or chieftain joining the fray to support their champion, and so a challenger must gain sufficient allies before making his move that neither sides supporters will engage lest the tribe be broken. Not all successions are hostile affairs. A popular and competent chieftain will often be permitted to choose his own successor, and end his reign on his own terms with a pro forma challenge that is more combat demonstration than actual combat. Although few would support such a move, no member of a tribe is barred from challenging for chieftainship and so technically even a goblin or a slave could take chieftainship.
Map claim (Imgur):
Geography and climate of nation: Sharna is an island of moderate climate. Much of the island is covered by a cloud forest. At the heart of the island is Malob Sharna (lit. Mount Sharna), a long dormant volcano with an extensive cave network formed primarily of lava tubes. Much of Sharna's fauna is outsized compared with many of their mainland cousins.
Diplomacy: 1/6
Economy: 1/6
Production: 3/6
Magecraft: 2/6
Naval tech: 6/6
Espionage: 4/6

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Saw recruitment thread on the forums.
What other nations do you use on NS? House of Judah, Psyonia, Greater Kossackia, Resland, Shieldaig
The winds bit at him. His skin, though thick, still could not withstand for long bare exposure to this untamed tundra. Resources were scant in the northern lands of Sharna. Other tribes could afford the more ritualized coming of age ceremonies. The southernmost had even taken to sending off their sons to sellsword instead of the raiding parties of centuries past. The Winterwolves had no such luxury. Only those who could survive on the barest of supply could be permitted. Only those that could survive alone in the wilderness could be a Winterwolf.

The lone orc struggled on through the snow, the coat sewn together with those few hare skins he was able to collect. A week had passed since he had last sat at the warmth of his father’s hearth. A week since he had left the gates of Fatofsankala and marched into the tundra with scant more than a cloth to cover his arse and a knife to cut his prey, if he could find any. This is how the Winterwolves had proven their worth for generations. He would not be found wanting.

Though his eyes were barely cracked open, he could see a cliff face before him. It would shelter him from the wind, for a time. Allow him a chance to recover some, to eat (a feast in comparison to his recent repasts) the salted rabbit meat in his satchel. He just needed to brave a little more of the wind.

His bravery was rewarded. There was within the cliff face a cave where he could take refuge. Perhaps some animals had thought likewise and he would find easy prey.

Or would he? For there came from the cave such a stench of rotting and death. The young orc’s eyes scanned the cave and lighted on a corpse. Human. What he had been doing all the way out here was beyond his ability to know. Disemboweled, the body lay upon the floor of the cave, its supplies left ignored. The orc drew his knife as he moved deeper in to examine the corpse. Flint was recovered from the satchel, a useful tool for survival in these frozen wastes. A few baubles the use of which for now passed understanding. A journal, the writing of which was beyond his ability to read, though from the sketches within he could guess the human to be some sort of natural philosopher.

There. The sound of something deeper in the cave. Whatever beast had wrought such damage on the human still resided further still. There was no doubt it was a fool’s choice to seek out and learn of this horror, but the orc could not help himself. He needed to know.

The caves winded, the light growing darker. He feared soon even his orc sight would fail him. He need not have feared. A final bend brought him to a larger cavern, and within it the beast. It was shaped much light a giant ape, with fur as white as the ice above them. A yeti.

The orc steeled himself. No yeti had been found so close to the lands of the Winterwolves for five generations. Doubt clouded his mind. A yeti stood over twice the height of an orc, and weighed five times as much. It’s strength would dwarf his own. He would need help to fell the beast. But it would require him to return before his time. He was unsure if returning, even to provide such early warning, would fail his trial. And he could not be sure the beast would remain as he returned.

He would not have to decide. The beast sniffed the air. Smelled him. It turned and began rushing towards him. There was no possibility he could out run the thing. There was no other choice. If one could not fly, one must fight.

There was little time to think. The orc rushed forward into the cavern. The yeti lumbered towards him as he sprinted. At the last moment he threw his feet forward and slid under the yeti. His knife flashed and bit at the beast. The fur, matted and thick, was like an armor that turned it aside. He rose and continued running for the other side of the cavern and the stalagmites there. He dove between them as a massive gripping hand swiped at him. There had to be a way.

The ice burst in front of him as a massive fist flew through the stalagmite and threw him against the wall. He felt several ribs crack. Pain blossomed in his chest. He had to get up. Back on his feet.

The great fist gripped him and held him high. He reached out with his arms and grabbed one of the stalactites. The yeti pulled at him, his ribs screamed in agony. The stalactite cracked, then came free. The ice fell upon the yeti’s head. It bellowed and released the orc. He fell and landed on his feet. His eyes alighted on the stalactites. A desperate but possible plan formed. As the yeti shook off the blow of the ice, he rushed to one of the up-thrust spikes of ice. Grabbing hold he pulled multiple times until it cracked then broke off. The yeti turned to him as he came around to face it. The yeti began to bound towards him again as the orc drew back then hurled the spike into the ceiling, knocking free other stalactites.

Ice fell once more onto the yeti’s head, knocking it low. The orc gripped his knife and rushed forward, brought the knife high, then stabbed down into the eye of the yeti. The yeti bellowed with the pain, pushing itself upward. The orc kept his grip on the knife as he once more found himself flying through the air. He gripped around the neck of the yeti, ripped free his knife and stabbed down into the skull. The yeti stopped and began stumbling, then fell to the ground. The orc was flung one more time across the cavern.

The lookout was bored. It was always boring watching the northern approach to Fatofsankala, even if the orc recognized the import. There was always something far more dangerous in the north than in the south. Still, it was often longer between sighting any…

The snow paused a moment and a lone figure could be seen.

“Something approaches!” called the lookout. Other orcs quickly came to the wall as the lookout raised his spyglass and gazed out. “It’s Hadush,” the lookout yelled and one of the other orcs snorted.

“A week early? Pathetic welp.” The lookout frowned at the other orc then looked through the glass again.

“He’s wounded. And dragging something. I can’t… By the ancestors! It’s a yeti head!”

“Impossible! Yetis have not been so close to our lands for a century! And it took many to fell one!”

“It is a yeti head! Hadush is a yeti hewer! Fetch his father!” One of the orcs rushed off to fetch the father as the lone orc continued his struggle back to civilization. The gates open and an orc marched forward. He came to the younger orc and found him stiff with the pain of his injuries, blood clotted on his wounds, and covered by the fur of a yeti.

“I am sorry I returned early, father.”

“Nonsense, my son. You have come at the end of your trial. You are a warrior. You are Hadush Yetihewer.”

“I brought you a trophy,” the young orc said and tried to lift the skull. The elder orc grabbed his son’s hand, then took the head.

“I see that. You have done me proud. Come. Fill your belly with venison and mead. Then rest. You have earned it.”

This is how the story of Hadush Yetihewer of the Winterwolves begins.

A full blooded orc typically stands between 7-7.5 feet tall with a very strong physique and green skin. The canines emerge from the mouth as small tusks and the nose flares greatly, giving rise to the slur 'piggart'. Male orcs style their hair into a single thick braid, shaving back those portions of the hair not in the braid, while females will typically wear their hair in numerous small braids, sometimes including beads. A male orc who has reached an age where his physical decline has made him no longer viable warrior will cease shaving back his hair and may trim his braid or even undo it. A female orc reaching such an age will typically undo her braids. Orcs who have brought dishonor on themselves will have their heads shaved and a brand marking their particular dishonor applied to their cheek. Half-orcs physically resemble full-blooded orcs with less pronounced features and even some features which are more human or elvish.

Goblins, by contrast, are much smaller, with most falling between 5-5.5 feet. Most stoop down some, giving the appearance of being even smaller, though hobgobolins will typically force themselves to stand up straighter to better ape the dominant orcs. Goblins possess long pointed ears which jut out from their heads and a narrow hooked nose that extends several inches from their faces.

While not common, it is far from unknown for an orc on a raid to find some villager that in some way endears itself to the orc, who will speak to the raid leader about including the slave as part of their share of the spoils. Treatment of such slaves can vary greatly, from being a prized pet to being a slave in name alone. Some tribes even allow for the slave to be freed and adopted into the family of the raider.

Full blooded orcs and goblins cannot naturally use magic (Half-orcs are not so restricted). Despite this, orc shamans are still able to cause magical effects within the world by convincing spirits to act on their behalf. Shamans divide spirits usable for magics into four broad categories, Lug (friend), Pagamarras (mercenary), Reg (liar), and Nar-Lug (unfriendly). Lug spirits will freely aid a shaman for the asking, pagamarras will help in exchange for some form of payment or boon, reg may help or merely play tricks, and nar-lug must be forced to aid the shaman.

If the gods had created orcs to be the perfect warriors, they created the wargs as perfect killers. These outsized wolves are larger and more powerful than a horse when fully matured, possess teeth and claws as natural weapons, have keen senses and a dolphin-like intelligence. It is no wonder then that wargs have come to be an orc's preferred mount and guard dog.

While Sharna is home to gigantic wild boars, there are no domesticated pigs raised on the island. In their place, domesticated muskill (also known as rodents of unusual size [ROUS] on the mainland) are raised as a steady source of meat. Mainland natives who have eaten muskill meat insist it tastes much like chicken.
Last edited by Tribes of Sharna on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Tribes of Sharna wrote:IC nation name: Tribes of Sharna
Capital: Fusham-hai
Government type: Tribal Confederation
Race Group(s): Orcs [dominant], Goblins [majority], Half-orcs [minority], Mixed-others [slaves]
Language(s): Ur-folun [Orcish]
Inspiration for nation: Norse Culture, TES Orcs, LotR Goblins
    Sharna is less a nation and more of a loose confederation of tribes dominated by their orcish population. Although outnumbered by approximately three-to-one by goblins, the orcs' greater physical capabilities and better intellect have placed them at the pinnacle of Sharnese society. This isn't to say that there are no goblins who have proven themselves to be capable warriors and thinkers along side their orcish masters, merely that these hobgoblins are uncommon.

As a tribal confederation, it cannot be said that there is any one capital in Sharna. The closest locale to such a description is Fusham-hai (lit. 'Great Camp') where the Kashaul-hai, the council of chieftains, meets to discuss matters related to all the tribes. When a sufficient threat or endeavor warrants unity among the tribes, the Kashaul-hai will elect a High Chieftain who will temporarily exercise authority over all tribes, though such an post will typically dissolve once the crisis is concluded (there are a few notable exceptions in history).

Chieftainship within a tribe is passed by means of martial challenge, a system that appears simplistic to an outside observer, but is in fact fraught with political maneuvering as well. There is no rule against supporters of the challenger or chieftain joining the fray to support their champion, and so a challenger must gain sufficient allies before making his move that neither sides supporters will engage lest the tribe be broken. Not all successions are hostile affairs. A popular and competent chieftain will often be permitted to choose his own successor, and end his reign on his own terms with a pro forma challenge that is more combat demonstration than actual combat. Although few would support such a move, no member of a tribe is barred from challenging for chieftainship and so technically even a goblin or a slave could take chieftainship.
Map claim (Imgur):
(Image)
Geography and climate of nation: Sharna is an island of moderate climate. Much of the island is covered by a cloud forest. At the heart of the island is Malob Sharna (lit. Mount Sharna), a long dormant volcano with an extensive cave network formed primarily of lava tubes. Much of Sharna's fauna is outsized compared with many of their mainland cousins.
Economy: 1/6
Espionage: 4/6

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Saw recruitment thread on the forums.
What other nations do you use on NS? House of Judah, Psyonia, Greater Kossackia, Resland, Shieldaig
The winds bit at him. His skin, though thick, still could not withstand for long bare exposure to this untamed tundra. Resources were scant in the northern lands of Sharna. Other tribes could afford the more ritualized coming of age ceremonies. The southernmost had even taken to sending off their sons to sellsword instead of the raiding parties of centuries past. The Winterwolves had no such luxury. Only those who could survive on the barest of supply could be permitted. Only those that could survive alone in the wilderness could be a Winterwolf.

The lone orc struggled on through the snow, the coat sewn together with those few hare skins he was able to collect. A week had passed since he had last sat at the warmth of his father’s hearth. A week since he had left the gates of Fatofsankala and marched into the tundra with scant more than a cloth to cover his arse and a knife to cut his prey, if he could find any. This is how the Winterwolves had proven their worth for generations. He would not be found wanting.

Though his eyes were barely cracked open, he could see a cliff face before him. It would shelter him from the wind, for a time. Allow him a chance to recover some, to eat (a feast in comparison to his recent repasts) the salted rabbit meat in his satchel. He just needed to brave a little more of the wind.

His bravery was rewarded. There was within the cliff face a cave where he could take refuge. Perhaps some animals had thought likewise and he would find easy prey.

Or would he? For there came from the cave such a stench of rotting and death. The young orc’s eyes scanned the cave and lighted on a corpse. Human. What he had been doing all the way out here was beyond his ability to know. Disemboweled, the body lay upon the floor of the cave, its supplies left ignored. The orc drew his knife as he moved deeper in to examine the corpse. Flint was recovered from the satchel, a useful tool for survival in these frozen wastes. A few baubles the use of which for now passed understanding. A journal, the writing of which was beyond his ability to read, though from the sketches within he could guess the human to be some sort of natural philosopher.

There. The sound of something deeper in the cave. Whatever beast had wrought such damage on the human still resided further still. There was no doubt it was a fool’s choice to seek out and learn of this horror, but the orc could not help himself. He needed to know.

The caves winded, the light growing darker. He feared soon even his orc sight would fail him. He need not have feared. A final bend brought him to a larger cavern, and within it the beast. It was shaped much light a giant ape, with fur as white as the ice above them. A yeti.

The orc steeled himself. No yeti had been found so close to the lands of the Winterwolves for five generations. Doubt clouded his mind. A yeti stood over twice the height of an orc, and weighed five times as much. It’s strength would dwarf his own. He would need help to fell the beast. But it would require him to return before his time. He was unsure if returning, even to provide such early warning, would fail his trial. And he could not be sure the beast would remain as he returned.

He would not have to decide. The beast sniffed the air. Smelled him. It turned and began rushing towards him. There was no possibility he could out run the thing. There was no other choice. If one could not fly, one must fight.

There was little time to think. The orc rushed forward into the cavern. The yeti lumbered towards him as he sprinted. At the last moment he threw his feet forward and slid under the yeti. His knife flashed and bit at the beast. The fur, matted and thick, was like an armor that turned it aside. He rose and continued running for the other side of the cavern and the stalagmites there. He dove between them as a massive gripping hand swiped at him. There had to be a way.

The ice burst in front of him as a massive fist flew through the stalagmite and threw him against the wall. He felt several ribs crack. Pain blossomed in his chest. He had to get up. Back on his feet.

The great fist gripped him and held him high. He reached out with his arms and grabbed one of the stalactites. The yeti pulled at him, his ribs screamed in agony. The stalactite cracked, then came free. The ice fell upon the yeti’s head. It bellowed and released the orc. He fell and landed on his feet. His eyes alighted on the stalactites. A desperate but possible plan formed. As the yeti shook off the blow of the ice, he rushed to one of the up-thrust spikes of ice. Grabbing hold he pulled multiple times until it cracked then broke off. The yeti turned to him as he came around to face it. The yeti began to bound towards him again as the orc drew back then hurled the spike into the ceiling, knocking free other stalactites.

Ice fell once more onto the yeti’s head, knocking it low. The orc gripped his knife and rushed forward, brought the knife high, then stabbed down into the eye of the yeti. The yeti bellowed with the pain, pushing itself upward. The orc kept his grip on the knife as he once more found himself flying through the air. He gripped around the neck of the yeti, ripped free his knife and stabbed down into the skull. The yeti stopped and began stumbling, then fell to the ground. The orc was flung one more time across the cavern.

The lookout was bored. It was always boring watching the northern approach to Fatofsankala, even if the orc recognized the import. There was always something far more dangerous in the north than in the south. Still, it was often longer between sighting any…

The snow paused a moment and a lone figure could be seen.

“Something approaches!” called the lookout. Other orcs quickly came to the wall as the lookout raised his spyglass and gazed out. “It’s Hadush,” the lookout yelled and one of the other orcs snorted.

“A week early? Pathetic welp.” The lookout frowned at the other orc then looked through the glass again.

“He’s wounded. And dragging something. I can’t… By the ancestors! It’s a yeti head!”

“Impossible! Yetis have not been so close to our lands for a century! And it took many to fell one!”

“It is a yeti head! Hadush is a yeti hewer! Fetch his father!” One of the orcs rushed off to fetch the father as the lone orc continued his struggle back to civilization. The gates open and an orc marched forward. He came to the younger orc and found him stiff with the pain of his injuries, blood clotted on his wounds, and covered by the fur of a yeti.

“I am sorry I returned early, father.”

“Nonsense, my son. You have come at the end of your trial. You are a warrior. You are Hadush Yetihewer.”

“I brought you a trophy,” the young orc said and tried to lift the skull. The elder orc grabbed his son’s hand, then took the head.

“I see that. You have done me proud. Come. Fill your belly with venison and mead. Then rest. You have earned it.”

This is how the story of Hadush Yetihewer of the Winterwolves begins.

A full blooded orc typically stands between 7-7.5 feet tall with a very strong physique and green skin. The canines emerge from the mouth as small tusks and the nose flares greatly, giving rise to the slur 'piggart'. Male orcs style their hair into a single thick braid, shaving back those portions of the hair not in the braid, while females will typically wear their hair in numerous small braids, sometimes including beads. A male orc who has reached an age where his physical decline has made him no longer viable warrior will cease shaving back his hair and may trim his braid or even undo it. A female orc reaching such an age will typically undo her braids. Orcs who have brought dishonor on themselves will have their heads shaved and a brand marking their particular dishonor applied to their cheek. Half-orcs physically resemble full-blooded orcs with less pronounced features and even some features which are more human or elvish.

Goblins, by contrast, are much smaller, with most falling between 5-5.5 feet. Most stoop down some, giving the appearance of being even smaller, though hobgobolins will typically force themselves to stand up straighter to better ape the dominant orcs. Goblins possess long pointed ears which jut out from their heads and a narrow hooked nose that extends several inches from their faces.

While not common, it is far from unknown for an orc on a raid to find some villager that in some way endears itself to the orc, who will speak to the raid leader about including the slave as part of their share of the spoils. Treatment of such slaves can vary greatly, from being a prized pet to being a slave in name alone. Some tribes even allow for the slave to be freed and adopted into the family of the raider.

Full blooded orcs and goblins cannot naturally use magic (Half-orcs are not so restricted). Despite this, orc shamans are still able to cause magical effects within the world by convincing spirits to act on their behalf. Shamans divide spirits usable for magics into four broad categories, Lug (friend), Pagamarras (mercenary), Reg (liar), and Nar-Lug (unfriendly). Lug spirits will freely aid a shaman for the asking, pagamarras will help in exchange for some form of payment or boon, reg may help or merely play tricks, and nar-lug must be forced to aid the shaman.

If the gods had created orcs to be the perfect warriors, they created the wargs as perfect killers. These outsized wolves are larger and more powerful than a horse when fully matured, possess teeth and claws as natural weapons, have keen senses and a dolphin-like intelligence. It is no wonder then that wargs have come to be an orc's preferred mount and guard dog.

While Sharna is home to gigantic wild boars, there are no domesticated pigs raised on the island. In their place, domesticated muskill (also known as rodents of unusual size [ROUS] on the mainland) are raised as a steady source of meat. Mainland natives who have eaten muskill meat insist it tastes much like chicken.

Approved, welcome.
Blah!

The United Kingdoms of Ferelden
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Kingdoms of Ferelden » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:20 am

IC nation name: The United Kingdoms of Ferelden
Capital: Shyhold
Government type: Moralistic Democracy
Race Group(s): Human, Draconic, and khajiit
Language(s): Latin,
Inspiration for nation: Medieval Europe, with a bit of DA and LORT thrown in
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): Sent to founder
Map claim (Imgur):

Geography and climate of nation:Sent to founder
Scoresheet Information:
Land/military tech: 4/6
Adaptability: 5/6
Espionage: 5/6

How did you hear about Gwalethia? For a friend
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): Sent to Founder

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:21 am

The United Kingdoms of Ferelden wrote:IC nation name: The United Kingdoms of Ferelden
Capital: Shyhold
Government type: Moralistic Democracy
Race Group(s): Human, Draconic, and khajiit
Language(s): Latin,
Inspiration for nation: Medieval Europe, with a bit of DA and LORT thrown in
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): Sent to founder
Map claim (Imgur):

Geography and climate of nation:Sent to founder
Scoresheet Information:
Espionage: 5/6

How did you hear about Gwalethia? For a friend
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): Sent to Founder

Approved, got all the additional information already. Welcome!
Blah!

THE KCAR-THOON KHAGANATE
Civilian

Founded: Feb 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby THE KCAR-THOON KHAGANATE » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:04 pm

IC nation name:THE KCAR-THOON KHAGANATE
[b]Capital:the Khan's court
[b]Government type:Khaganate
[b]Race Group(s):human
[b]Language(s):Mulukhay (Mongolian)
[b]Inspiration for nation: mongol empire
[b]Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): The kcar-toon people have lived off the the land small tribes of nomadic herders and trader's for centuries till they were united under one great khan, using there mounted archers understanding of spiritual magic they annexed large portion's of land in short time.
[b]Map claim (Imgur): center concatenate (mea'ne'dea) in the middle of the two big lakes, wee boarder the koninkrijk's andseclen's in the south, in the north wee boarder the kabryon's just barely and 100% land locked.
[b]Geography and climate of nation:a mix grass plans and deserts, some small forest's near are moutain boarder's.
[b]Scoresheet Information:
Max limited to 30 points for new nations.
Innovation: 2/6
Production: 1/6
Magecraft: 4/6
Land/military tech: 5/6
Adaptability: 4/6
Population: 4/6
Espionage: 3/6

[b]How did you hear about Gwalethia?friend
[b]What other nations do you use on NS?N/A
[b]Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):PmD founder

[b]Any other info you wish to add (Optional):To mark unification of are country wee have a grande race from the north lake to the southern lake biannually all are welcome to participate but must place a wager enter.
Last edited by THE KCAR-THOON KHAGANATE on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:24 pm

THE KCAR-THOON KHAGANATE wrote:IC nation name:THE KCAR-THOON KHAGANATE
[b]Capital:the Khan's court
[b]Government type:Khaganate
[b]Race Group(s):human
[b]Language(s):Mulukhay (Mongolian)
[b]Inspiration for nation: mongol empire
[b]Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): The kcar-toon people have lived off the the land small tribes of nomadic herders and trader's for centuries till they were united under one great khan, using there mounted archers understanding of spiritual magic they annexed large portion's of land in short time.
[b]Map claim (Imgur): center concatenate (mea'ne'dea) in the middle of the two big lakes, wee boarder the koninkrijk's andseclen's in the south, in the north wee boarder the kabryon's just barely and 100% land locked.
[b]Geography and climate of nation:a mix grass plans and deserts, some small forest's near are moutain boarder's.
[b]Scoresheet Information:
Max limited to 30 points for new nations.
Production: 1/6

[b]How did you hear about Gwalethia?friend
[b]What other nations do you use on NS?N/A
[b]Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):PmD founder

[b]Any other info you wish to add (Optional):To mark unification of are country wee have a grande race from the north lake to the southern lake biannually all are welcome to participate but must place a wager enter.

Approved
Blah!

Kodrat
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kodrat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:57 pm

oof
Last edited by Kodrat on Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:38 am

Kodrat wrote:IC nation name: Kingdom of Kodrat
Capital: Pirot
Government type: Kingdom
Race Group(s): Human
Language(s): Kodran
Inspiration for nation: Eastern Slavs, these are like Czechs and whatnot. Think of Bohemia.
A puppet state to Feningars, due to culture differences, Jevers gave Kodrat high autonomy to the point where it basically acts as a satellite to Feningars.
Map claim (Imgur):
I will DM host concerning this.
Geography and climate of nation: Similar to Feningars.
Economy: 2/6
Magecraft: 0/6
Land/military tech: 1/6

How did you hear about Gwalethia?
Same as Feningars.
What other nations do you use on NS?
Same as Feningars.

Approved.
Blah!

Maximilias
Civilian

Founded: Mar 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Maximilias

Postby Maximilias » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:39 pm

IC nation name: Maximilias
Capital: Thius
Race Group(s): Human, with small minority of elves
Language(s): Common (English)
Inspiration for nation: Kingdom of Araluen (Ranger series), Royal Road (game in manga Legendary Moonlight Sculptor)
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): Sent to Founder
Map claim (Imgur): to be discussed

Geography and climate of nation: Overall temperature is warm. The north is heavily forested with mining deposits to the west. The south has ample farming room and fertile soil.

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Through King Logan The X [Ferelden]
What other nations do you use on NS? None

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Maximilias wrote:IC nation name: Maximilias
Capital: Thius
Race Group(s): Human, with small minority of elves
Language(s): Common (English)
Inspiration for nation: Kingdom of Araluen (Ranger series), Royal Road (game in manga Legendary Moonlight Sculptor)
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): Sent to Founder
Map claim (Imgur): to be discussed

Geography and climate of nation: Overall temperature is warm. The north is heavily forested with mining deposits to the west. The south has ample farming room and fertile soil.

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Through King Logan The X [Ferelden]
What other nations do you use on NS? None

Approved! Welcome!
Last edited by Aeternaea on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blah!

Fyrae
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fyrae » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:44 pm

IC nation name: Empire of Fyrae
Capital: Fyrae
Race Group(s): Largely human, with smaller non-human races being used as slave labour
Language(s): Low Aeternean, High Aeternean, Holy Aeternean
Inspiration for nation: A mix of Warhammer and other fantasy stuff
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): The Empire of Fyrae is the name given to a nation comprised of Aeterneans that fled Aeternea following the Barrik Betrayal. While the true knowledge of what caused the Betrayal is known Barrik II vi Gloustern vi Aeternis-Fyrae, what is known is he wished to conquer the world, in contention with the policy of the Eternal Throne that sought only to observe and document. Possessing great charm and charisma, the Emperor, then a mere Prince, corrupted a number of people to see the world his way and, following the securing of a sizeable following, he launch the rebellion. Following its failure, he fled Aeternea with his supporters and their families, fleeing to lands that they had set aside prior to the rebellion's where they worked to begin their twisted realm. Having removed all mention of the land from the Aeternean histories, they were free to work it as they wished in secret, building sickening temples and buildings to the Emperor, taking lands and forcing the families into eternal servitude. They have become twisted versions of the Aeterneans, dabbling in magic and warfare and subjugating those that oppose them. Worst of all was his wish to extend his life beyond that of any mortal man. In his vanity he consorted with stolen knowledge from the Forbidden Archives of Tene'dakn before fleeing extending his life, to survive for many times that of a mortal man.
Map claim (Imgur): Being worked on

Geography and climate of nation: The Empire is a large realm and its main population centres are packed and filled with vice and sin, while its villages are populated largely by slave labourers who live and die under the Lord that rules them, often in the vast farmlands that cover the Empire that works to feed its armies and its capital.

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Was in it before, but had to drop it due to time constraints
What other nations do you use on NS? Newrey, and Veleaz
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):Do I add one?

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Gud shit

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:05 am

Fyrae wrote:IC nation name: Empire of Fyrae
Capital: Fyrae
Race Group(s): Largely human, with smaller non-human races being used as slave labour
Language(s): Low Aeternean, High Aeternean, Holy Aeternean
Inspiration for nation: A mix of Warhammer and other fantasy stuff
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): The Empire of Fyrae is the name given to a nation comprised of Aeterneans that fled Aeternea following the Barrik Betrayal. While the true knowledge of what caused the Betrayal is known Barrik II vi Gloustern vi Aeternis-Fyrae, what is known is he wished to conquer the world, in contention with the policy of the Eternal Throne that sought only to observe and document. Possessing great charm and charisma, the Emperor, then a mere Prince, corrupted a number of people to see the world his way and, following the securing of a sizeable following, he launch the rebellion. Following its failure, he fled Aeternea with his supporters and their families, fleeing to lands that they had set aside prior to the rebellion's where they worked to begin their twisted realm. Having removed all mention of the land from the Aeternean histories, they were free to work it as they wished in secret, building sickening temples and buildings to the Emperor, taking lands and forcing the families into eternal servitude. They have become twisted versions of the Aeterneans, dabbling in magic and warfare and subjugating those that oppose them. Worst of all was his wish to extend his life beyond that of any mortal man. In his vanity he consorted with stolen knowledge from the Forbidden Archives of Tene'dakn before fleeing extending his life, to survive for many times that of a mortal man.
Map claim (Imgur): Being worked on

Geography and climate of nation: The Empire is a large realm and its main population centres are packed and filled with vice and sin, while its villages are populated largely by slave labourers who live and die under the Lord that rules them, often in the vast farmlands that cover the Empire that works to feed its armies and its capital.

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Was in it before, but had to drop it due to time constraints
What other nations do you use on NS? Newrey, and Veleaz
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role):Do I add one?

Any other info you wish to add (Optional): Gud shit

Approved, and welcome back!
Blah!

Kaldhjem
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaldhjem » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:48 pm

IC nation name: Jarldom of Kaldhjem
Capital: Grainahjöfer
Government type: Federation of towns, tribes and pirate fleets
Race Group(s): Dwarf, Frost Troll and Bjauring majority, with minor Human, Elvish, Orcish and Goblin populations in larger settlements. Hybrids of these races are commonplace, and are viewed as equals to the other races.
Language(s): Kaldtung (Pidgen of various dwarven and trollish languages), Common (English)
Inspiration for nation: The Dwarfs are inspired by Norse and Anglo-Saxon culture, while the Frost Trolls are inspired by Finnish and Celtic culture. The political and military nature of Kaldhjem is inspired by the Golden Age of Piracy and the Great Heathen Army.
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): While various tribes have various origin stories, the most common is that High Chieftain Bhaanuoj of the Frost Trolls and Jarl Oðred of the Dwarfs both laid claim to the islands that would later be considered Kaldhjem. After both invading the barren land, they killed each other in combat. To end the war, their heirs, Jarl Kamberad and Seeress Hroonabaal, married. The last 600 years of Kaldhjem's history has been one of piracy, independence and acceptance. Many last-born children of lords or vagabond soldiers come to Kaldhjem to make a name for themselves, and no matter who they are or what they believe, they are accepted into the culture of the isles if they can hold their own when their comrades need them.
Map claim (Imgur): Here

Geography and climate of nation: Boreal forests take up a majority of the islands' land mass, though some minor islands are no more than icebergs.

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Browsing the forums
What other nations do you use on NS? n/a
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): n/a
Frost Trolls, while often grouped with other types of trolls, are a completely different race and very rare outside of Kaldhjem. They have humanoid builds that most others would consider lanky or scrawny, standing at 6' 6" tall on average. Their skin colors are varying shades of blue, from sky blues and sea greens to royal blue and teal. Hair and iris colors are much less diverse, as almost all Frost Trolls have snow-white hair and neon blue irises naturally. Facial features such as chins, ears and noses are elongated and pointed, and Frost Trolls often have two larger lower-canines that protrude from the mouth, functioning as tusks. People that are considered "half-Frost Troll" do maintain a majority of the physical traits associated with Frost Trolls, but are usually a bit more subtle. No one is quite sure where the Frost Trolls are originally from, but an overwhelming majority of them do consider Kaldhjem to be their homeland.

Bjaurings are the sole indigenous people of Kaldhjem, inhabiting this land from pre-history to today. Bjaurings tower over most other races, standing at heights near 6' 8" tall for males and 6' 10" for females. Their coats very from whites, oranges, browns and black. Calicoes of the colors do exist, but isn't commonplace. Besides being intelligent, bipedal and possessing opposable thumbs, not much else sets them apart from other ursine creatures.
Generic Midwestern American Guy
Constitutional Monarchist & Social Democrat
Universalist Heathen
Aspiring History Professor
TG me for my Discord if you wanna talk about anything

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:20 am

Kaldhjem wrote:IC nation name: Jarldom of Kaldhjem
Capital: Grainahjöfer
Government type: Federation of towns, tribes and pirate fleets
Race Group(s): Dwarf, Frost Troll and Bjauring majority, with minor Human, Elvish, Orcish and Goblin populations in larger settlements. Hybrids of these races are commonplace, and are viewed as equals to the other races.
Language(s): Kaldtung (Pidgen of various dwarven and trollish languages), Common (English)
Inspiration for nation: The Dwarfs are inspired by Norse and Anglo-Saxon culture, while the Frost Trolls are inspired by Finnish and Celtic culture. The political and military nature of Kaldhjem is inspired by the Golden Age of Piracy and the Great Heathen Army.
Brief background of nation (or IIWiki/NSWiki): While various tribes have various origin stories, the most common is that High Chieftain Bhaanuoj of the Frost Trolls and Jarl Oðred of the Dwarfs both laid claim to the islands that would later be considered Kaldhjem. After both invading the barren land, they killed each other in combat. To end the war, their heirs, Jarl Kamberad and Seeress Hroonabaal, married. The last 600 years of Kaldhjem's history has been one of piracy, independence and acceptance. Many last-born children of lords or vagabond soldiers come to Kaldhjem to make a name for themselves, and no matter who they are or what they believe, they are accepted into the culture of the isles if they can hold their own when their comrades need them.
Map claim (Imgur): Here

Geography and climate of nation: Boreal forests take up a majority of the islands' land mass, though some minor islands are no more than icebergs.

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Browsing the forums
What other nations do you use on NS? n/a
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): n/a
Frost Trolls, while often grouped with other types of trolls, are a completely different race and very rare outside of Kaldhjem. They have humanoid builds that most others would consider lanky or scrawny, standing at 6' 6" tall on average. Their skin colors are varying shades of blue, from sky blues and sea greens to royal blue and teal. Hair and iris colors are much less diverse, as almost all Frost Trolls have snow-white hair and neon blue irises naturally. Facial features such as chins, ears and noses are elongated and pointed, and Frost Trolls often have two larger lower-canines that protrude from the mouth, functioning as tusks. People that are considered "half-Frost Troll" do maintain a majority of the physical traits associated with Frost Trolls, but are usually a bit more subtle. No one is quite sure where the Frost Trolls are originally from, but an overwhelming majority of them do consider Kaldhjem to be their homeland.

Bjaurings are the sole indigenous people of Kaldhjem, inhabiting this land from pre-history to today. Bjaurings tower over most other races, standing at heights near 6' 8" tall for males and 6' 10" for females. Their coats very from whites, oranges, browns and black. Calicoes of the colors do exist, but isn't commonplace. Besides being intelligent, bipedal and possessing opposable thumbs, not much else sets them apart from other ursine creatures.

Sorry for the late approval! Haven't been able to hop on NS in a little bit. But welcome!
Blah!

Galveros
Civilian

Founded: Apr 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Galveros » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:05 pm

IC nation name: The Kingdom of Galveros
Capital: Aikthar (Name might change as I haven't quite decided yet)
Government type: Feudal Monarchy
Rp population: ~300,000
Race Group(s): Human with the blood of Half-Giants(think Vrykul) flowing through the populace, though much more prominent in the nobility. Some Half-giants still exist and thrive in Galveros
Language(s): World equivalent of Middle English with a slight Nordic influence
Inspiration for nation: Low-fantasy human kingdom but with a touch of Vrykul from Warcraft
Brief background of nation:Centuries ago a few human tribes traveled eastward in search of fertile grounds. Instead what they found was an inhospitable trek through a seemingly endless desert and barren wastelands. About 60% died or stayed behind on the voyage, but the remaining 40% reched what they assumed was good soil, only to quickly found out otherwise. The cold ground was unsuited to their farming skills. A desert behind them, mountains to the north, and an unknown forest for miles to the west, the would-be Galverons had almost given up hope before they stumbled on a small Half-giant nation. Though suspicious of the humans at first, the giants and humans were quickly able to communicate through a somewhat similar language and hand gestures. The humans eventually came to slowly trickle into and mix with the Half-giant society until the Half-giants were a minority. Over the next few centuries a new culture formed, and a syncretic religion was developed for which Galveros gets it's namesake.
Map claim (Imgur): https://i.imgur.com/79olUr8.png

Geography and climate of nation: A generally cold, yet very livable climate. Dense pine forest with mountains to the north and various streams and rivers.

How did you hear about Gwalethia? Just searched for past-tech nations while looking for a medieval themed region
What other nations do you use on NS? My main: Gachimania
Roleplay sample (Optional, though required for claiming a more powerful role): I can provide this if it becomes required.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information