NATION

PASSWORD

The Hamburg Conference, 1962 (Imperial Fatherland Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Deutschenreiche
Secretary

Founded: Jan 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

The Hamburg Conference, 1962 (Imperial Fatherland Only)

Postby Deutschenreiche » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:16 pm

The Hamburg Conference

Finally, thanks to a coalition of European powerhouses, Sadat’s terrible regime has collapsed. Turkey, and the entire Arab World, is now free from the tyranny of the deceased Sadat. The time to utilize the sword has ended, now it was time for the pen. Following the conclusion of the war the German government pressed ahead with the peace conference being located in Hamburg. All nations who contributed to the downfall of the Sadat regime, including the unfavorable communist, have been invited and are expected to be in attendance. The statesmen have the floor.

Rules

• Begin your post as if your delegation has arrived and the conference has begun
• No one-line post
• Folloe regular IF RP Rules & Etiquette
• The Culture-Secretaries and Founder have the ultimate say-so in the RP

Deutschenreiche
Secretary

Founded: Jan 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Deutschenreiche » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Hamburg’s City Hall was packed full of dignitaries from all over the world. Each visiting nation has their own section to sit amongst each other. The German delegation, which consisted of Chancellor Adenauer, Foreign Minister Heinrich von Brentano, Defence Minister Franz Josef Strauss and various minor statesmen, sat at the center of the congregation room. Chancellor Adenauer heads the German delegation and will be the first to speak from the delegation and at the conference. Once every delegation was confirmed to be in attendance, he stood up and made his way to the microphone in front of the Germans.

”Once again, tyranny has been eradicated and we look forward to the reconstruction of the Turkish and Arab lands. Given the opportunity to speak first, I on behalf of the German Empire will be delivering our reconstruction proposal.” Chancallor Adenauer openened a folder which contained the German plan. ”We believe the loss of infrastructure in Turkey and the Arab lands due to conflict to be the minor issue facing us. We see the reorganization of Turkey as the prominent issue in the matter. Sadat had worked hard to destroy the obvious Turkish culture and history which has thrived for centuries. Before Sadat’s accession, Turkey was an ally of the German Empire. We believe the easiest route is for either the German government, or a coalition of states, to assist in reforming the nation in to a Turkish Republic.”

Central Austrian Empire
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Central Austrian Empire » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:03 am

Austrian Foreign Minister Franz von Kienmayer stands at the head of the Austrian delegation, comprising of General Conrad Knezevic of the Imperial 2nd Army, which took Constantinople and Thrace, Defence Minister Johann von Klanau, and several powerful nobles and industrialists.

"We congratulate the coalition on the total and complete victory over the evil Sadatland, and her dictator, Sadat. We firmly believe that it is not the fault of the people of Sadat that such a tragedy befell them, thus, we do not believe they should be help accountable. We are in accordance with the Germans; we believe that the international community must unite to rebuild Turkey. To this end, we propose each country present send an occupying force to maintain order, while the great powers work to create a robust government. The Empire is willing to help invest money and labor in rebuilding Constant-" He catches himself. "...Istanbul, as well as train new police and military forces."

The Peoples Republic of Great Britain
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples Republic of Great Britain » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Hamburg City Hall

The British Foreign Minister, David Cohen rose before the hall of delegates, stepping to the microphone, surrounded by his contingent of government observers diplomats and decorated military Generals.
He initially apologised for the absence of the Prime Minister, who could not attend due to the arrival of several concerning issues, and then began his opening statement;

”The British people and parliament congratulate the militaries of the coalition on subduing the radical threat of Sadat, and his sadistic schemes, and we hope very much that the conference concludes successfully, and that the future of the people of Turkey is taken into great consideration.

A force of 10,000 British soldiers remain in Istanbul and Thrace, which we occupied during the final weeks of the war. These soldiers are carrying out a substantial relief effort, and, with government subsidies, are repairing vital infrastructure and delivering large quantities of medical and agricultural aid, to help the Turkish people rebuild a living.

However, it is of paramount importance that a new government be put into power, and elections take place soon, to prevent the nations from falling into further stagnation. It is not in our interest, or in the interest of the Turkish people, to divide the country, and to have it occupied by foreign powers. A new, prosperous nation should be rebuilt, and ruled by the Turks, not foreign powers. They have been suppressed long enough, so it is best that we finally grant them the glory they deserve”

Oceanyka
Attaché

Founded: May 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Oceanyka » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:37 pm

Hamburg, Germany
--------------------------------------------------

The journey had been long for this amateur diplomat. The fate of many thousands was upon him as the only envoy that took his job seriously back at the homeland. Redfort would have liked to come, but the wedding at Sweden has been announced first and the plans couldn't change. A titanic task for a little fresh from college lad.

Now he was sitting between the big players, giving inspirational speeches and declaring ambitions that as a little city boy he couldn't imagine. Still, he was good at delivering messages and those were his orders. Fortunately also had the gift of being a responsible kid, with some negotiation abilities and given some authority to exert them by the Council. He stood up when the situation allowed and delivered the Australian will.

"Hello... Excuse me? Is it on? Thank you for receiving me, unfortunately Mr. Redfort is occupied and our foreign affairs minister was shot four days ago. I would like to begin by thanking the Kaiser for receiving us despite an uneasy situation, it shows cordiality and respect. And to the people of all the nations in our coalition, who made the liberation of Sadatland possible." Uhhh, what now? Right! The demands! "The Oceanykan People's Council formally requests that the northern section of the Syrian nation (Latakia, Tartus, Hama and Idilib) be left to us the red block to help in this horrendous humanitarian crisis. Also to liberate Aleppo, Raqqa, Al-Hasakah and Deir ez-Zor as a new... neutral... nation of Kurdistan. The Kurdish people have shown to be favourable to synd- independence from the clutches of Sadat's invasion, and we would like to give them liberty from our own goodwill. Democracy and freedom will be of utmost importance in these two areas. Thank you."

The Swedish Coast
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Swedish Coast » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:15 pm

Swedish Prime Minister Vilhelm Foresberg sprang up as the Oceanykan speaker finished, and shortly began his speech:

"Delegates, I will begin by congratulating the Armed Forces of our nations who have gloriously eliminated the Sadat Threat. Now, as you know, the reason we are gathered here is to discuss the future of Turkey. The German Empire has proposed that a Turkish Republic be formed, with ties and support from European countries. Sweden feels that this would be the greatest option for re building of the Economy and for the well being of the Turkish peoples in General. We must ensure that democratic, free elections are held, and that citizens receive the Civil Liberties that they deserve. Turkey must be restored into a democratic, free and prosperous realm."
Last edited by The Swedish Coast on Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
We do not use NS stats
The Year is 1963

Quintipoli
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Quintipoli » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:34 pm

Foreign Minister Linius Kahaldrin quickly lept to respond as soon as the Swedish delegate finished speaking.

"Due to the lack of ethnic Quintians in northern Turkey, we believe it is would be unwise for us to annex any of that territory. However, there are Armenian-majority areas in the region, and in recognition of Armenia's contribution to the war, I recommend that such areas be awarded t--" (a man sitting behind him whispers in his ear)

"What's that, Diorgo? No, I don't think we need to worry about that. The Armenians in Nagorno-Karbakh have proven their loyalty to us by not taking the chance to secede when they easily--" (Diorgo Karlin interrupts him again)

"Look," answered Kahaldrin. "They still know they'll need protection from the Austolanders even though the rebellion's over. Since then Armenia has proven a loyal ally and the Armenians within our borders even more so. I think we could trust Yerevan not to try stirring them up again."

The Foreign Minister turned back towards the other delegations and rolled his eyes as he waited for the next person to speak.
[b]Quintipoli is a federation in the caucasus notable for its commitment to local autonomy. We do not use NS stats. Current year: 1963

Sadatland
Secretary

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sadatland » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:37 am

Hassan Butt, known to Sadat supporters as Hassan “the infidel” Butt (because anyone who is not a supporter of Supreme Leader Sadat is an infidel) stepped up to the podium.
Hassan Butt is the Leader of DFT, Democracy for Turkey, an organisation which was made illegal by the Sadat Regime. Hassan Butt escaped the country and lived in exile in Egypt, avoiding execution. He returned to Turkey during the war and his party seized control of the government after Sadats death, with allied support and he now stands as temporary President of the nation.

“Brothers and sisters from across the globe,
I thank you all on successfully liberating Turkey after many years of oppression under Sadat.
In the past few months, my temporary government of Turkey has been triumphant in achieving peace and stability in the nation, and beginning to rebuild our damaged economy and social structure. We have quelled the remaining Sadatist insurgents, and reallocated homes to displaced families.
We have also executed many governmental officials who collaborated with Sadat and incarcerated many others. However, former President Asad Massum, war criminal, and instigator of genocide, has swiftly escaped the country and is being hunted down by our secret service, although we are not achieving much fortune. We have also been unable to locate and identify the remains of Supreme Leader Sadat, which casts doubt on whether he really did blow himself up in Istanbul.

My government requests that allied forces withdraw from our nation, and allow us to rebuild our nation on our own. My party is capable of reintroducing social structure and democracy into Turkey ,and we should have elections before summer. If international observers wish to remain, we welcome that. However we do not think it is necessary for Western forces to remain in our nation whilst we build up the new Turkish Republic, and you should allow us to do this ourselves, although economic aid would be appreciated.”

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples Republic of Great Britain » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:16 pm

David Cohen jumped up after Hassan Butt had finished, thanking the Turkish diplomatic envoy for attending, and taking time out of their urgent work at home.

“Firstly, I congratulate all that President Butt and his party are doing in Turkey, and Britain fully supports the notion for a Turkish independent Republic, free of foreign political intervention.
As such, Britain will withdraw its military forces from Istanbul, with exception of those who are carrying out humanitarian aid work.

Britain’s Government will likely send economic aid to assist with the rebuilding of your country, and we recommend that other foreign nations do the same; withdraw your occupying forces, and allow Turkey to build its political system.

However, Britain will also observe the rebuilding process closely, and we will make sure that there are no signs that Turkey will return to the fascist dictatorship it was before.”

Sadatland
Secretary

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sadatland » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:19 am

Hassan “the infidel” Butt lent towards the microphone again, nodded at the British delegation for their agreement that a Turkish Republic be formed.

“I’d like to thank all European powers who have decided to support my notion to allow the Turks to rebuild the country be themselves. With that, I think it is appropriate to say that I can return to my country and start to reintroducing democr-”. BANG!

He was interrupted by a tremendous explosion which appeared to originate from outside the building, causing several of the delegates in the hall to scream pathetically, and jump beneath tables, like emasculated eunuchs.
Several heads of state were quickly guided out of the room by security officials, whilst guards ran to shut the mains doors. President Butt looked around, rather discombobulated.

“Excuse me, what has just happened? Hello?”

No one payed any notice to him as everyone ran around frantically.

President Butt managed to make his way out of the building, surrounded by a throng of body guards. On the street, next to the main entrance of the Conference Hall, there was a huge burning hole in the road, and a rising tower of smoke. Soldiers were condoning off the street and paramedics were attending to civilians who were covered in blood.

One of the security guard quickly filled in President Butt on what had happened. A man had walked to the Conference Hall, attempted to get in, but the security didn’t allow him entry.
He shouted at them, calling them helpless infidels, demanding entry, because he was an honourable Muslim, and had killings to do.
He then shouted “Long Live Supreme Leader Sadat”, and detonated a suicide vest, killing himself and two security guards.

President Butt looked sorrowfully at the burning hole in the road, where dismembered limbs lay limply by. He lowered his head with the realisation that although Sadats government has been destroyed, it’s supporters live on, and are just as much a threat today as they were before.
Last edited by Sadatland on Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Land of Anatolia
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Anatolia » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:53 pm

(Good evenings, people! I was told I could post in this thread, in the place of Sadatland. As the new Turkey. But if there are any issues, this post can be declared null and void.)

Suddenly, Hassan Butt withdrew, as he was recalled by the other dignataries from his nation. They talked for about five minutes, until they settled down. Another person stepped up for the people of Turkey, clearly a more diplomatic one than Hassan was. The man stepped up to the podium, and they changed the place card from the name "Hassan Butt", to "Abdul Suvari". Suvari was another member of the part known as Democracy for Turkey (DfT), and had been in refuge at Germany ever since his party had been banned in his homeland.

Suvari spoke up, in the international language which all delegates were speaking on in this conference. This was, of course, German. Unlike Hassan's, which was heavily accented, his seemed almost native. The man turned to the Oceanykan delegate, who had proposed a Kurdish independence, for a moment... Before turning back to the room in general.

"I speak for all the people of Anatolia, not only the Turks, but the Arabs, Kurds, Armenians, Greeks, and other groups which currently reside within our borders. We were all victims, in some way or another, to the much-hated past regime." Spoke Suvari, smoothly. "Sadat might be dead. But his supporters, and his horrid ideals of Islamofascism, live on. Our nation must stand, united & strong, be reformed into a strong bulwark for the ideals of secularism and liberty. To aid the international community in combating this new threat."

"The lands where our various people reside on must not be disassembled into various ethnic states, or else the Middle East would be left defenceless against the remnants of Islamism. It must not be divided into various, international spheres of influence, as such move would only be creating bad blood, from which Islamism festers. Instead, the Anatolian Republic has to be a strong shield against the growing radicalism in the area." Suvari stated.

"We will accept international aid, when rebuilding our infrastructure, economy, and our lives. But foreign occupying forces must commence an orderly withdrawal from our borders, slow and methodical. That said, we are aware there are those who are engaged in humanitarian activities, and those noble people are allowed to stay until further notice." Explained Suvari. He took a sip of water, then went on. "We will allow the international community to closely watch our rebuilding and our path to reform into a new nation. But these foreign occupying troops must go to let our process of reform truly begin, let the war end. Furthermore, any ideas to further divide the Anatolian people will be swiftly rejected."
Last edited by The Land of Anatolia on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples Republic of Great Britain » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:48 am

David Cohen stood, once President Butt had finished;

“Britain has 10,000 troops currently stationed in Turkey, concentrated mainly around Istanbul and Ankara. The purpose of those troops is not to carry out an occupation of your nation, but to carry out the necessary humanitarian aid and to assist in rebuilding vital infrastructure and retraining a strong policing force to maintain order in Turkey,
With government funds, our army shall help the Turkish Government to reconstruct all that has been damaged by Sadat, including reallocating homes to those who have been displaced, and returning refugees to a safe place to live.
We fly in hundreds of tonnes of supplies daily, and pour millions of pounds of investment into restoring businesses, large and small, to help restart its once vibrant economy.
I understand that Turkey requests an immediate withdrawal of foreign troops, however I ask that you allow our 10,000 soldiers to remain in Istanbul, over the next few months. The government is offering this economic and manual aid as a gesture of goodwill, and demands no payment back. However, we do hope that both the British Republic and Turkey can maintain the strongest relations than ever before, once this ordeal is completed”

The hall politely applauded Foreign Secretary Cohen.

“And know I would like to share Britain’s views on what should happen to the lands that were invaded and occupied by Sadats forces, including northern Iraq, Syria, and Armenia. These nations were also heavily damaged by Sadats’ occupying forces, who carried out large massacres and perform Sadats scorched earth policy, which killed hundreds of thousands, and destroyed much of the economy in these areas. As such, these places are also receiving rehabilitation aid from the British government.
However, the future of these countries are uncertain, with many countries proposing different notions.
Iraq and Syria, which were invaded by Sadatland first, only had the northern halves of their nations occupied, and their capital cities, and as such their governments, remained intact and unharmed. With both nations’ governments intact, they should have their lands given back to them, and they should return to peace and prosperity, like before. The British Government also feels that the forces of Oceanyka should withdraw from Latakia, Syria, and not create a puppet state there. The city should be returned to the Syrian government immediately.

Similarly, Armenia, a nation invaded first by Sadatland, then by Quintipoli, should have its independence restored, and have no foreign occupation. Democracy should return to the nation, and it should return to its way of life.”
Last edited by The Peoples Republic of Great Britain on Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents