NATION

PASSWORD

How do i create my own flag, Help!

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Secaland
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

How do i create my own flag, Help!

Postby Secaland » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:08 am

So, today i started my own communist nation. i need help creating my own flag for my communist nation, please Help! :(

Long Live Communist Secaland :twisted: :twisted:

Third Order
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Order » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:10 am

Secaland wrote:So, today i started my own communist nation. i need help creating my own flag for my communist nation, please Help! :(

well most of the flags I created I used MSpaint plus google images or you could look through the Forums for a flag creation thread. you can also request someone to make you one my buddy Gig em Aggies does really good flags you should send him a telegram asking him to make you one
Last edited by Third Order on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:39 am

The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Traditionalist Union
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Traditionalist Union » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:39 am

I saw your post and so I designed this im not gig em but I do make flags to on occasions

http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/86/65/74346586/photos/undefined/Secaland%20Flag.jpg

Nantoraka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nantoraka » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:10 pm

I made my flags through the use of an iOS app called ProCreate, and the usage of Photoshop Mix/Photoshop Express, also on iOS. I specifically used iPad for it.

All the flags for me and my puppets? Entirely original work.
Last edited by Nantoraka on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:14 pm

Secaland wrote:So, today i started my own communist nation. i need help creating my own flag for my communist nation, please Help! :(

Inkscape is what I use, but Adobe Illustrator and CorelDraw are essentially equivalent if you happen to have them. I'd be happy to design a high-res flag for you if you give me some sort of general outline of what you want (TG me).
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Martian Technocratic State of Zitravgrad
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Martian Technocratic State of Zitravgrad » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:17 pm

Photoshop has always been my friend. :p Plus you can find symbols online, though Photoshop itself has some (rather boring and non-political) shapes you can use as symbol.
Martian Technocratic State of Zitravgrad
General Secretary (WIP) | Civilian Affairs Advisor(WIP) | Military Affairs Advisor
Current Year: 2072 | Tech Level: FT/Slight FanT -- Space and Time Manipulation, Psychic Powers and Complete Automation (plus several more bulls---)

When I said I don't use NS stats because I can't fish trout on Mars ------>
Stanier wrote:Just say that they can fish on mars and deal with it ;)

Prumia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Prumia » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:54 pm

I have made a few in my time. I usually start with a preset flag, like ones from the real world or a television show, before using Microsoft Paint to touch up the image, move around a few assets, and change the colors. I would call this the "casual" method, but it works.

My current flag, for example, is based on the Prinipality of Zeon's flag from Mobile Suit Gundam. I changed the colors (red to blue), edited the line work a bit, and copy-pasted the stars from a random Google search image of flag stars. The center piece was originally hand-drawn by me and that was... not great, but I met a nice fellow on this site who touched that up. What you see now is the end result and I rather like it.

You could always try the forum help links people mentioned before, but I assumed you were more of a "do-it-yourself" sort without the know how. Hope this helps!
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations is a group joined together to work towards a common goal: the preservation of every nation's Rights of Self-Governing against those who take it from them. Whether you would like to take an active part in this endeavor or whether you simply want to get away from all those regions and organizations intent on changing your nation, this Coalition is for you!
Signed, sincerely,
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations

Secaland
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

(Deleted)

Postby Secaland » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:35 pm

(Deleted)
Last edited by Secaland on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:43 pm

FlagMaker Jr is a great way to easily produce simple flag designs in your browser.

a tip -- uploading a flag that is 428x284 will allow it to appear on your page larger than usual which looks a lot better than what it is usually scaled to, as can be seen on my nation page. if you have a flag already shouldn't be hard to scale it right to get this affect.

New Transeurasia
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New Transeurasia » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Well, what I do is edit real flags until they are not like what they originally were.
(The picture for my flag was a picture of a US flag with 40 stars.)
EurasiaЕвразия欧亜ユーラシア
LIBERATE THE WORLD / DEMOCRACY AND PROSPERITY / FORGED BY MAN THEMSELF
Welcome to 2035. Tenth-light-speed spacecraft, overpopulation, abundance of resources, the tripolar cold war, and catgirls await.

ENN 欧亜囯家通訊社 Eurasian National News: S7 Airlines flight 661 makes emergency landing in Miiriney, RU after failed hijacking | CTVN 长春広播电視集団 Chángchūn Television Network: President Kuzma makes speech on plans for her 2nd term after re-election
MT-PMT gang
2k10s scenemo nation lol - honestly have no idea what to do with this anymore
NStats imprisoned on Proteus
trans rights! ♀ she/they
Background Music

Nottister
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nottister » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:46 pm

Secretary of Information of CISB, ze best region ever.

Previous positions include: Secretary of Foreign Affairs of CISB, WA Delegate of CISB, Archivist of CISB, and probably some others I can't remember

I use NS stats!

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Not to act as a moderator or anything, but I'd just say from experience that posting a separate thread for something that already exists never sits well with people...
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Imperial Jutland
Political Columnist

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Jutland » Thu May 28, 2020 11:29 am

The five Principles are:

1. Keep It Simple. The flag should be so simple that a child can draw it from memory.

2. Use Meaningful Symbolism. The flag’s images, colors, or patterns should relate to what it symbolizes.

3. Use 2 or 3 Basic Colors. Limit the number of colors on the flag to three which contrast well and come from the standard color set.

4. No Lettering or Seals. Never use writing of any kind or an organization’s seal.

5. Be Distinctive or Be Related. Avoid duplicating other flags, but use similarities to show connections.
Welcome to Imperial Jutland

I love roleplay and am very good at it

I am the founder of Confederacy of Rhine

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu May 28, 2020 2:07 pm

This thread was from 2017 - it really didn't need to be gravedug.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay