NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Patent Nonsense

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Singapore no2
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] Patent Nonsense

Postby Singapore no2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:28 am

This draft addresses the process by which patents are accepted.

[desc] After going online for the first time, the National Patent Registration Database (NPRD) has been inundated with countless patent applications, many of them seemingly jokes. One of the worst offenders was the attempted registration of a so-called 'Time Machine', which was simply a mobile phone taped on to a microwave. Frustrated patent offices are demanding that you do something to stop these joke proposals.

[validity] Only valid for nations that chose 711.2 and have the internet

[option] "It's our mistake for allowing the registration of patents online," admits Christina @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@, the head of the NPRD, who is hard at work deleting proposals as fast as she receives them. "People with too much free time have been sending us blueprint after blueprint of absolute garbage. In fact, I recall several applications that were trying to patent literal garbage. We should be given a free hand to blacklist those who we deem as wasting our time permanently from patent registration."
[effect] government opponents tend to have their patents rejected immediately

[option] "You must accept all patents regardless of their contents!" demands @@RANDOMNAME@@, a self-proclaimed mad scientist, who is submitting @@HIS@@ 'time machine' application again despite having been rejected at least a dozen times so far. "All inventions have their own merits, and who is to say that something you deem as trash isn't actually a revolutionary gadget in disguise? The pursuit of science is a worthy cause in itself, and to deny innovators their just reward is an insult to their efforts. Let us and our creations finally be recognised!"
[effect] the wheel has been patented by at least a hundred people

[option] "I've had enough of this nonsense!" rebukes John Titor, the Director of the @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ Organisation for Quantum Research, who is infamous for his long rants online. "Our citizens clearly see the concept of patents as a joke, and want to mock our government institutions. We must teach them a lesson by placing the ownership of all patents under the state. I'm sure that qualified officials such as myself will have more use with any new gizmos that are created, and will have an idea as to how to better harness them for the greater good."
[effect] new inventions are few and far between following the seizure of all patents by the state

Also, this draft is a reference to Steins;Gate as well as the John Titor meme.
Last edited by Singapore no2 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:06 pm, edited 12 times in total.
My Published Issues
Death Note
This is a Modern-Tech nation. We only put a satellite and a man into space so far.
We are a Middle power, so if we die, so will some of the global economy.
We have the 8th largest sovereign wealth fund in the world. (RL world)
Pro: Regulations, Military, Law and Order
Anti: Freedom of speech, Discrimination, CHEWING GUM
Just so you know, I don't think like that. That stuff is roleplaying Singapore (itself, the real life nation)
I have many issues, and you can find the complete list here.

Quote of the year:
Fauxia wrote:Editors aren’t real people.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:54 am

Patenting litteral garbage. Well played :haha:
Also, wouldn't a patent officer want more garbage? More work=more money?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:17 am

Australian Republic wrote:Patenting litteral garbage. Well played :haha:
Also, wouldn't a patent officer want more garbage? More work=more money?

It's probably annoying and wastes time having to sift through it.
My Published Issues
Death Note
This is a Modern-Tech nation. We only put a satellite and a man into space so far.
Just so you know, I don't think like that. That stuff is roleplaying Singapore (itself, the real life nation)

Quote of the year:

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:34 am

Perhaps make the title "Patent Nonsense", since that's an actual phrase :)

Singapore no2 wrote:"We must appoint some sort of quality assessments board to help us filter out any applications that we deem unsuitable for acceptance"
...Isn't that the patent office?

No competent patent office is actually going to register every single patent that gets applied without checking it.

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:50 am

Trotterdam wrote:Perhaps make the title "Patent Nonsense", since that's an actual phrase :)

Singapore no2 wrote:"We must appoint some sort of quality assessments board to help us filter out any applications that we deem unsuitable for acceptance"
...Isn't that the patent office?

No competent patent office is actually going to register every single patent that gets applied without checking it.

Thanks!
My Published Issues
Death Note

Quote of the year:

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:13 am

Singapore no2 wrote:We should be given a free hand to blacklist those who we deem as wasting hour time permanently from patent registration.

Our!

Another good issue No.2, keep 'em coming!

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:25 am

Baggieland wrote:
Singapore no2 wrote:We should be given a free hand to blacklist those who we deem as wasting hour time permanently from patent registration.

Our!

Another good issue No.2, keep 'em coming!

Huh. I didn't spot that... welp.
My Published Issues
Death Note

Quote of the year:

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Sooooooo like anything else?
My Published Issues
Death Note

Quote of the year:

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:41 am

Looks almost ready to go - just a couple questions. :P

The pursuit of Science
Option 2: Is science supposed to be capitalized, here? :?

@@DENONYM@@ Organisation for Quantum Research
Option 3: Do you mean @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@? :P

and will have a better idea how to harness them for the greater good.
Option 3: I think "idea as to how" would be better, though it could be unnecessary.
I honestly don't know, but I'd phrase it with the "as to". :P
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Jutsa wrote:Option 3: Do you mean @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@? :P

Yeah. It's based off CERN after all.

Anyway, should I submit it now?
My Published Issues
Death Note

Quote of the year:

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:07 pm

Submitted.
My Published Issues
Death Note

Quote of the year:

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:09 am

Good luck!
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:03 am

Fauxia wrote:Good luck!

Thanks.
My Published Issues
Death Note

Quote of the year:

Nouveau Yathrib
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nouveau Yathrib » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:34 pm

Great job with the Steins;Gate references! I’ve gotten this issue at least 2-3 times now, not sure how I missed that the first few times.
I still can't believe that Brazil lost to Germany 1:7. Copy and paste onto your sig if you were alive when this happened.

This account is the predecessor state of Jamilkhuze and Syfenq. This is how they're different, and this is why they exist.

We are currently in the year 2181. About Us | Factbooks | Past and Future History | OOC Info | Public Relations | iiWiki | Q&A

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

-Edward Everett Hale

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:57 pm

Congrats?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:14 pm

Nouveau Yathrib wrote:Great job with the Steins;Gate references! I’ve gotten this issue at least 2-3 times now, not sure how I missed that the first few times.

The author has CTE'd, so they're not here to see your comments.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Nouveau Yathrib
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 27, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nouveau Yathrib » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:21 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Nouveau Yathrib wrote:Great job with the Steins;Gate references! I’ve gotten this issue at least 2-3 times now, not sure how I missed that the first few times.

The author has CTE'd, so they're not here to see your comments.

Eh, it's not like the NS forums send out notifications on when people respond to your thread or quote your posts anyway. I just posted that in the heat of the moment.
I still can't believe that Brazil lost to Germany 1:7. Copy and paste onto your sig if you were alive when this happened.

This account is the predecessor state of Jamilkhuze and Syfenq. This is how they're different, and this is why they exist.

We are currently in the year 2181. About Us | Factbooks | Past and Future History | OOC Info | Public Relations | iiWiki | Q&A

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."

-Edward Everett Hale

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?