NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 36 - Gralicna, Izmedu | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Phase I - Todaskakys (4/9)

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:45 pm

Irena: Alright, can we get who Todaskakys voted for?

Darkmania were now on the leaderboard, and so far, it looked relatively even just 4 nations in. Mercedinian fans were especially taking home with their streak not having snapped yet.

Irena: Looking interesting so far... Alright, we got Komarov-Thomiya next!

Mercedini
Kalosia
Darkmania
Komarov-Thomiya
Estogium

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase I - Komarov-Thomiya (5/9)

Postby Izmedu » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:00 pm

Irena: Can we get Komarov-Thomiya's vote up on the screen?

With this being the halfway mark of the first phase, there seemed to be a set of recurring nations receiving the votes. Speculation as to who got the most ran rampant across the audience.

Irena: Guess this is the point where it all consolidates? You never know. Well, we have Kalosia's vote next.

Todaskakys
Izmedu
Balkvla Islands
Estogium
Mercedini

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase I - Kalosia (6/9)

Postby Izmedu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:00 pm

Irena: Can we see who Kalosia voted for?

With the home stretch of Phase I in sight, the appearance of re-occurring names started to drive fans in the venue into a slight frenzy. There seemed to be a group of core nations getting votes, but who would numerically win this battle?

Irena: Hold your horses, people. The next nation will definitely be a familiar one to you all.

Estogium
Izmedu
Darkmania
Mercedini
Todaskakys

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase I - Izmedu (7/9)

Postby Izmedu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:20 pm

Irena: Alright, can we get who Izmedu voted for on the screen?

Bookies who were tracking back at home were either nodding their heads at these votes or mourning over the potential of lost money. Regardless, the host's votes caused the crowd to go into a further frenzy, there was definitely a constellation of nations popping up now.

Irena: Two votes left, and now it's Balkvla Islands' turn.

Estogium
Darkmania
Todaskakys
Kalosia
Mercedini

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase I - Balkvla Islands (8/9)

Postby Izmedu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Irena: Let's see who Balkvla Islands voted for!

With many making a mental count on their heads, some were able to pinpoint the nation in the lead. The re-appearance of the host's name also caused many in the crowd to scream in excitement.

Irena: One more Phase I vote left, and we'll know fully who voted for who. That last piece of the puzzle? Estogium!

Izmedu
Todaskakys
Kalosia
Mercedini
Darkmania
Last edited by Izmedu on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase I - Estogium (9/9)

Postby Izmedu » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:00 pm

Irena: This is the last one for Phase I, let's see who Estogium voted for!

At that, the crowd cheered with the first phase having officially ended. However, now was the interesting part... The identity of who was voted for the most would be revealed soon, but the question of who got the most points? That was yet to be answered.

Irena: That's it! That's the end of Phase I!

Izmedu
Natanya
Mercedini
Kalosia
Todaskakys

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Irena: That's the end of Phase I! Alright, let's get the standings on the scoreboard.

If the contest had ended at this phase, Mercedini would've been the winner. In fact, it had achieved the enviable feat of being the lone nation who was voted by all competing nations, leading the field with 8 votes. However, there was the fundamental mystery still surrounding this scoreboard. Mercedini led, but for all anyone knew, it could've been any points values possible, and the nations behind Mercedini (such as Kalosia) would not have been far behind.

Irena: Alright, so if we ended this night purely on who got the most amount of votes, not points, Mercedini would be our winner. However, we have only revealed one metric of our scoreboard. We need to know what points values are attached to each nation!

Irena: So, we enter Phase II to start the process of. Phase II will be similar to a traditional Izmeduan Phase I back in 29, 30, and 34. In this phase, we will reveal the nations that received the middle points, 2, 3, and 4.

Irena: Like what Euskirribakondara did in WHF32, we'll start to 'convert' the amount of votes into the amount of points that each nation received. So, if your nation got 2 points, you'll see your score bump up by one, 3 points, your nation is bumped up by 2 points, and so on and so forth.

Irena: Alright world, it's now time to take the next step in revealing these votes! The first nation up is Darkmania...

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase II - Darkmania (1/9)

Postby Izmedu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:00 pm

Irena: Can we get Darkmania's Phase II votes on the screen?

Irena: We got numbers now! We're now getting just that bit closer to who our winner is. Up next is Natanya.

2 points: Kalosia
3 points: Mercedini
4 points: Izmedu
Last edited by Izmedu on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase II - Natanya (2/9)

Postby Izmedu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:15 pm

Irena: Can we have Natanya's phase II votes on the screen?

Irena: Looks like you lot on the crowd are excited! The hosts are in the lead, and it so happens that we're right next up.

2 points: Estogium
3 points: Izmedu
4 points: Kalosia

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase II - Izmedu (3/9)

Postby Izmedu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:30 pm

Irena: Let's show Izmedu's Phase II vote on the screen!

Irena: And another shift in the leaderboard here! We have Mercedini's vote in store for you all.

3 points: Todaskakys
Last edited by Izmedu on Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase II - Mercedini (4/9)

Postby Izmedu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:45 pm

Irena: Can we get Mercedini's Phase II vote on the screen?

Irena: It's looking more and more interesting. However, don't get complacent yet, we still got more nations to go. Up next is Kalosia.

3 points: Komarov-Thomiya

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase II - Kalosia (5/9)

Postby Izmedu » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:00 pm

Irena: Alright, can we get Kalosia's Phase II vote up on our screens?

Irena: Look at that! We're now halfway through the second phase of the voting, but that scoreboard is heating up. Up next is Estogium.

2 points: Todaskakys
3 points: Izmedu
4 points: Darkmania

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase II - Estogium (6/9)

Postby Izmedu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:59 pm

Irena: Can we get Estogium's Phase II vote on the screen?

Estogium: Kalosia consolidating, but things could still change! Up next is Todaskakys.

2 points: Kalosia
4 points: Todaskakys

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase II - Todaskakys (7/9)

Postby Izmedu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:20 pm

Irena: Let's have Todaskakys' vote on the screens!

Irena: This is looking even more interesting! Only two votes left before Phase II ends. Up next is Balkvla Islands.

3 points: Kalosia
4 points: Komarov-Thomiya
Last edited by Izmedu on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:40 pm

Irena: Can we get Balkvla Islands' Phase II votes up?

Irena: One more vote, and that's Komarov-Thomiya's.

2 points: Darkmania
4 points: Izmedu
Last edited by Izmedu on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:00 am

Irena: Can we get Komarov-Thomiya's vote on the screen?

Irena: That's the end of phase II!

4 points: Balkvla Islands
Last edited by Izmedu on Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:30 am

After Phase II was finished, the camera returned back to the crowd, especially focusing on a contingent of Kalosian flags that were waving wildly. Then, the camera returned back to Irena's smiling face, knowing that it was still not over. In fact, the next and last phase may have most at stake, considering that it was the phase where the 1 and the 5 points would be at play. Considering past 'last' phases of Izmeduan hostings, it was proven historically that massive changes and indeed happen.

Irena: Alright, we know most of the result now, but that doesn't mean we're one hundred percent done. Let's see the standings for Phase II!

With the scoreboard now on the screens, Kalosia looked to be in the lead with 20 points, with a considerable amount of the votes already being converted across the board for some nations. However, the chances of this sticking through the rest of phase III were always a variable. Despite this, the Kalosian delegation certainly had reason to hope.

Irena: Look at what we have here! Kalosia is in first with 20 points, followed with a tie for second by Izmedu and Mercedini with 16 points respectively. What about that!

Irena: However, there are still many points at stake here. There are many sets of five points that have yet to be revealed, and nations that are waiting for the full extent of their votes. So, for those in the lower reaches whose points have yet to be made known, don't panic. You never know.

Irena: Alright, now is the final home stretch of the WHF36 voting. Phase III.

The light configuration shifted slightly, taking on a much darker undertone than before.

Irena: So, Phase III will be set up like a duel. We'll go through each nation again individually, and the two nations who received votes from them, but have not yet have 1 and 5 points revealed yet will square of. This time, we'll have the national spokespersons reveal who won the duel by traditionally announcing the 5 points.

Irena: Of course, we gotta make sure our connections are working. Producers, I know you're busy working back there, can you ping us some feeds of our lovely spokespersons!

On the screen behind her, 9 equal wedges appeared, displaying each spokesperson in a random order, waving to the audience before fading back in a few seconds.

Irena: This is it, folks. 9 votes stand before us and the winner. Alright, we're gonna call up Mercedini first.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase III - Mercedini (1/9)

Postby Izmedu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:00 am

Irena: Alright, our first duel of the evening will come from Mercedini's remaining vote. It's Natanya vs Todaskakys as to who will get Mercedini's 5. Thus... Dobra vecer Mercedini! And who better to announce the 5 points than a man who won the World Hit Festival not too long ago! Good evening Daniel Alishkaerni, do you know who got the Mercedinian 5?

Daniel Alishkaerni: Good evening multiverse and good evening to all of you inside La Liberija Polja in the beautiful Gralicna, this is Zoloroni calling! It's great to be back to present the points, thank you for an amazing show and congratulations to everyone involved in the production. All that's left is for me to reveal our points, our five points go to...

TODASKAKYS

Daniel Alishkaerni: Thank you and good night!

Irena: Incredible! Thank you for the points Daniel! Alright, 8 more nations to go. Up next is Estogium!

Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase III - Estogium (2/9)

Postby Izmedu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:05 am

Irena: From Estogium, the duel is between Izmedu vs Natanya! Alright, dobra vecer Estogium, and good evening Charles. Do we know who won the Estogian vote?

Charles Banques: Hello, Izmedu! Hello World Hit Festival - it is such a pleasure to present the votes for Estogium! Anyway, our grand five points are going straight to....to....

NATANYA

Charles Banques: Thanks very much!

Irena: Thank you Charles for presenting the Estogian vote! Alright, up next is Balkvla Islands.

Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase III - Balkvla Islands (3/9)

Postby Izmedu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:10 am

Irena: Going through these like clockwork, are we? Well, there's no time to rest, as we have a duel for Balkvla Island's votes. This time around, we have Kalosia vs Todaskakys squaring off to see who gets that Balkvlain vote. Of course, we have Lil Tommy MG to help us out here with that. So, dobra vecer Balkvla Islands! Do you know who won your nation's vote?

Lil Tommy MG: Yo, this is Lil Tommy MG, and I am here to read out the points from the Balkvla Islands, so here they are. The 5 points go to...

KALOSIA

Lil Tommy MG: Thank you all, good night.

Irena: Thank you for the votes! We have Darkmania in store for you next.

Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase III - Darkmania (4/9)

Postby Izmedu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:20 am

Irena: Alright, we have Darkmania's vote up next. For this duel, it's a standoff between Balkvla Islands versus Natanya. So... looks like I got a script for this, huh? Here goes... Its time for …. Her ag…. *Holds a finger in the ear* Just come in that Kärolöna Füks was sick so they use a new one. Well, it’s time to Darkmania, the country that sends an old man, to cast their vote. Dobra ve… Actually, Darkmania has sung in Norwegian since forever. So let me try so say that in Norwegian. “God… Natt. Darkmania… *Looks at the sheets* Kan Jeg Se…… Katten Din?

Andrëtta: *Laughs and tries to be serious* Good Morning, Izmedu!!

Irena: What the f…? Did I say it wrong?

Andrëtta: Well, you can practice a bit to your Norwegian. Nice pronunciation though. With no crap to happen. This is the darkmanian votes, casted live from Darkmania.

Irena: No shit, Sherlock. I thought we were in Mercedini.

Cue laughter from audience

Andrëtta: Here are the results of the Darkmanian votes. And before I’ll reveal our fiver, I would like to tell that we had technical problems broadcasting Kalosias entry.

Irena: Oh. That’s sucks.

Andrëtta: Anyway, our fiver goes to….. (*https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HV1RVK4j6c Suppence Intensifies with a long silence filled with shouting from the audience.*) It goes to……

Darkmania!

Irena: Da…. Wait. You are Dar..

Andrëtta: Just joking. It goes to...

NATANYA

Irena: And that's a 5 points to Natanya!

Andrëtta: Thank you.

Irena: Thanks for giving us the points! Now... I have no idea what the hell just happened but whatever I just talked with Andretta is gonna go in the books. People, don't do what I just did at just home, and I'm pretty sure I still murdered the Norwegian language. Anyway! Up next is Komarov-Thomiya.

Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase III - Komarov-Thomiya (5/9)

Postby Izmedu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:25 am

Irena: Ok, still reeling from my conversation with Andretta. Alright, our next duel is between Todaskakys vs Izmedu. We're in one now, so all of you Izmeduans in the crowd, don't you start crying on me now! Ok, dobra vecer Komarov-Thomiya. And good evening to you Nigel! I know we don't have any signal on you right now, but I know you can contact us through voice. So, who got the 5?

Nigel Vorm: Guess technological malfunctions are en vogue. Well, here's who got our five...

IZMEDU

Irena: Thank you for your votes, Nigel! And thank you to Komarov-Thomiya! Well, wow. Alright, let's not get too excited, the next nation up is Kalosia.

Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase III - Kalosia (6/9)

Postby Izmedu » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:00 am

Irena: Alright, we're down to our last 4 duels of the evening. Now, we have Kalosia's right here for you, and it's between Mercedini vs Estogium. Alright, with this being the last set of votes, you can't deny the pressure of it all. Ok, dobra vecer Kalosia! Good evening Jasmin, do you know who got your nation's 5?

Jasmin Ošman: Bonëserë Izmežu, dobra večer Izmedu! I know you are all feeling very tense right now, but just hang with me, okay? I have with me the name of the country which we Kalosians think has the best song tonight. And that country... well... we give our 5 points to...

MERCEDINI

Jasmin Ošman: Have a blessed evening, everyone!

Irena: Thank you for the votes, Jasmin! Alright, up next is Natanya.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase III - Natanya (7/9)

Postby Izmedu » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:05 am

Irena: Alright, we're getting a lot closer to the end, and things are heating up at the top. Our next duel is between Natanya's votes, and that fight will be fought back Balkvla Islands vs Mercedini. Now... Dobra vecer Natanya!... Natanya?

Irena: Not to worry, looks like it's my duty because our signal to them has completely been wiped out. Alright, I know who got the Natanyan 5, and the winner of this duel between Balkvla Islands and Mercedini is...

MERCEDINI

Irena: Now we have a tie at the top of the scoreboard! Only two duels remain before we know who our winner is... To help us get closer to that, we have Todaskakys up next.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Phase III - Todaskakys (8/9)

Postby Izmedu » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:50 am

Irena: Alright, the final two votes left. Our duel is between Darkmania vs Mercedini, and that's with Todaskakys' votes. Ok, dobra vecer Todaskakys! Good evening Esmeralda, do you have the votes?

Esmeralda Torres: Hello, Gralicna! It's my pleasure to present the final Todaskakys vote from the beautiful nature dome of the Calculated Miscalculation here above Izmedu! Our 5 points go to...

MERCEDINI

Esmeralda Torres: Kiitos kaikille and have a great night!

Irena: Thank you Esmeralda! Alright, one more nation before we know for sure the final result of the 36th World Hit Festival. Well... that's us!

Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates