NATION

PASSWORD

Pokemon: Warlords and Warriors (OOC: OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Pokemon: Warlords and Warriors (OOC: OPEN)

Postby Britanania » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:54 pm

Warlords and Warriors

Discord Link
IC

The sound of the bell of gion shoja echoes the impermanence of all things. The hue of the flowers of the teak tree declares that they who flourish must be brought low. Yea, the proud ones are but for a moment, like an evening dream in springtime. The mighty are destroyed at the last, they are but as the dust before the wind. — The Tale of the Heike

The Pokemon Nation, unified for centuries under the rule of Emperors residing in Ecruteak, is crumbling. The death of the last Emperor, leaving only a two year old son as his heir, has created a vacuum. The court at Ecruteak control the child Emperor while warlords have taken control of the countryside and urban centres. The stage is set for a conflict the Nation hasn’t never seen…

Premise and Setting

Welcome to Pokemon: Warlords and Warriors! In this RP, you take the role a Pokemon trainer thrust into a setting based on early medieval Japan. The action will take place over the regions of Johto-Kanto (Kansai and Kanto), Sinnoh (Hokkaido), and Hoenn (Kyushu) and will include any Pokemon native to these regions. As this RP is based on an earlier era, Pokemon created by humans in recent eras will cannot be played, such as Voltorb and Electrode; Porygon and its family; Mewtwo; Castform; Grimer and Muk; and Rotom. Mega Evolutions are also not available.

Will you make a bid as the most powerful Daimyo, the Shogun, seek to end the conflict, or just profit and gain land and power? The choice is yours.

Map(s)

Rules

I am the OP and my word is law.

Obey the Co-OPs as you would me

Avoid one liners, please! If you can’t get at least 4 lines out, well, I don’t believe you.

Don’t godmod, flame, et cetera.

Have fun!

Misc. Information

The biggest difference is how battles will be played out. Battles can be played in one of two ways. In a general sense, battles between forces will take place as a massed battle, not unlike double or triple battles in the games, where the opposing sides duel en masse. The other option is the traditional way, 1 v 1 between the Daimyo. Battles fought in or around cities will determine who maintains control, whether it be the local Daimyo or the attacking forces; battles fought outside have no immediate effect but the defeated army must retreat to the closest friendly city.

I've given permission for Player Characters to pretty much have free reign with what types of Pokemon you can choose (within the reasons I previously mentioned). NPC characters, however, should abide by the type-speciality of their natives cities. For example, NPC warriors from Petelburg would have Normal-types, while people from Lavender would have Ghost-types.

Deposed Daimyo may choose to serve the Lord who defeated them or they may join the services of another Daimyo

Daimyo don't technically own the land they posses but are given the exclusive right to use it and need to pay a certain percentage back to the Imperial Court, although in practise the lands are hereditary. That means they gain a sizeable income from the land. People who have court titles get a stipend from the government, as well. So although the titles are largely ceremonial they do confer economic benefits as well as show political favour. As a last point of reference technically each Daimyo are supposed to live at the capital, although given the political climate they only spend some time each year at the court.

Because Pokeballs have yet to be invented, using Fly or Surf to travel are not recommend, as you can only carry a single (small) Pokemon with you. However, Fly can still be used for recon or to send messages quickly.

When calculating sizes of armies we are using the in-game populations of cities and towns for balancing purposes. So, for example, Ecruteak has an in-game population of 44, which means it has 44 warriors to draw upon. Obviously this doesn't reflect the city's actual population, but it is the metric we'll be using to calculate warrior counts. This makes things a lot easier to manage from a RP perspective.

Apps

Please remove everything in parenthesis when finished

Code: Select all
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender/Sex:[/b]
[b]Profession (e.g Daimyo, warrior, courtier):[/b]
[b]Area of Control (if a Daimyo, corresponds with a traditional gym city):[/b]
[b]Currently serving (If Warrior or Courtier):[/b]
[b]Home:[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Pokemon (no more than 3 to start):[/b]
[b]Misc. Info[/b]
Last edited by Britanania on Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Last edited by Britanania on Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 17 times in total.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:55 pm

My app

Nation Name:Brit
Character Name: Tachibana no Kimiko
Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/46/34/72/4634 ... kimono.jpg
Gender/Sex: Female
Profession: Courtier
Currently serving: The Court of Ecruteak
Home: Ecruteak City
Biography: The daughter of a government official, Kimiko grew up in the midst of the court struggle which defines the nation. Kimiko’s father, Tachibana no Matsuba, made sure his daughter received the best possible education and included Pokemon training and battling, foretelling the dark days ahead. From a young age, the girl was attracted to the macabre and spiritual, as was the custom of her family and the speciality of Ecruteak. Although she is more comfortable as a scholar and advisor, Kimiko is not afraid to battle if the need arises.
Personality: Kimiko is kind, polite, and gentle. A soft spoken girl, her interest in the spiritual and dark side makes her somewhat of an enigma to the rest of the Imperial Court. She hopes that the coming conflicts will be short, but fears they may persist.
Pokemon:

Onryo— Gastly
Yoko— Vulpix
Enma— Slowpoke

Misc. Info: WIP
Last edited by Britanania on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:02 am

Nation Name: Revlona
Character Name: Tikio Na Chiko
Appearance:

Gender/Sex: Male
Profession (e.g Daimyo, warrior, courtier): Daimyo
Area of Control (if a Daimyo, corresponds with a traditional gym city): Slateport City and some surrounding villages
Currently serving (If Warrior or Courtier): N/A
Home: Slateport City
Biography: The Son of the cities former Daimyo, he took power when his father died, an Experienced Dueler in both Human martial combat and Pokemon Combat. He wishes to expand his territory and establish his name and nation in the annals of history. Barely a month into his reign, he expanded his rule to some of the nearby villages.
Personality: Tikio is Loyal, ambitious and loving though is the wrong type to cross, having a nasty temper that can flare at any perceived slight.
Pokemon (no more than 3 to start):
Buddy - Charmander
Siero - Bulbasaur
Sparky - Raichu
Misc. Info

WIP
Last edited by Revlona on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lover of doggos

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Revlona wrote:Nation Name: Revlona
Appearance:
Area of Control (if a Daimyo, corresponds with a traditional gym city): Slateport City
Biography:
Personality: Tikio is Loyal, generous and loving though is the wrong type to cross, having a nasty temper that can flare at any perceived slight.
Buddy - Charmander
Siero - Bulbasaur
Sparky - Raichu
Misc. Info

WIP

Could you pick a more time period appropriate picture for your character?

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:11 am

Britanania wrote:
Revlona wrote:Nation Name: Revlona
Appearance:
Area of Control (if a Daimyo, corresponds with a traditional gym city): Slateport City
Biography:
Personality: Tikio is Loyal, generous and loving though is the wrong type to cross, having a nasty temper that can flare at any perceived slight.
Buddy - Charmander
Siero - Bulbasaur
Sparky - Raichu
Misc. Info

WIP

Could you pick a more time period appropriate picture for your character?

Huh, sure
Lover of doggos

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:12 am

Revlona wrote:
Britanania wrote:Could you pick a more time period appropriate picture for your character?

Huh, sure

It would just be a little silly if he were wearing modern attire in Mediaeval Japan xD

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:15 am

Britanania wrote:
Revlona wrote:
Huh, sure

It would just be a little silly if he were wearing modern attire in Mediaeval Japan xD

Yeah i get that.

i Have another question, for combat and war, is it just Pokemon combat that is happening or will there be a mix of sword fighting and stuff like that?
Lover of doggos

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:17 am

Revlona wrote:
Britanania wrote:It would just be a little silly if he were wearing modern attire in Mediaeval Japan xD

Yeah i get that.

i Have another question, for combat and war, is it just Pokemon combat that is happening or will there be a mix of sword fighting and stuff like that?

Mostly Pokemon. There might be some regular type of combat, but I'm not settled on it yet.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:21 am

Britanania wrote:
Revlona wrote:
Yeah i get that.

Mostly Pokemon. There might be some regular type of combat, but I'm not settled on it yet.

Mmk, fixed the Image
Lover of doggos

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:24 am

Revlona wrote:
Britanania wrote:Mostly Pokemon. There might be some regular type of combat, but I'm not settled on it yet.

Mmk, fixed the Image

All right thanks, I'll look it back over when his biography is finished

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:26 am

Britanania wrote:
Revlona wrote:
Mmk, fixed the Image

All right thanks, I'll look it back over when his biography is finished

Mmk
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:37 am

Alright, updated his Bio, how does that look?
Lover of doggos

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Tag
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:01 pm

Revlona wrote:Alright, updated his Bio, how does that look?

Seems fine. I'll add you to the dramatis personae

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:09 pm

So, this is about people already in the time period, yes?
I sort of got a "Gone back in time" feel from the original post .
Just call me Sahara

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:16 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:So, this is about people already in the time period, yes?

Yeah, the idea is that you are from this time period, although if you want to be a time displaced person, I'm not technically opposed to that. You just can't bring in Pokemon that wouldn't exist is all xD

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:20 pm

So, are Pokeballs like really primitive? Or are pokemon attached to the trainers outside of pokeballs?
Lover of doggos

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:21 pm

Revlona wrote:So, are Pokeballs like really primitive? Or are pokemon attached to the trainers outside of pokeballs?

The latter

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Britanania wrote:
Revlona wrote:So, are Pokeballs like really primitive? Or are pokemon attached to the trainers outside of pokeballs?

The latter

Ok
Lover of doggos

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:26 pm

Britanania wrote:
The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:So, this is about people already in the time period, yes?

Yeah, the idea is that you are from this time period, although if you want to be a time displaced person, I'm not technically opposed to that. You just can't bring in Pokemon that wouldn't exist is all xD

Well shoot now I'm tempted to have someone who's all gone and displaced show up now. Don't have many ideas, though
Okay, cool. Thanks.
Just call me Sahara

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Revlona wrote:
Britanania wrote:The latter

Ok

I know at some point they start using apricorns as primitive Pokeballs, but this is before that occurred.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Tag.
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Nation Name: The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Character Name: Aguri Honda
Appearance:

Area of Control (if a Daimyo, corresponds with a traditional gym city): Petalburg City
Home: Literally just Petalburg City
Biography: Aguri was the last child of her father, and she was the runt of the litter, and she was the unwanted child, hence the name that was given to her. Because of this, she was never really pampered. They barely even looked at her the whole time while growing up. The maids and other people who worked in the castle only paid attention to her because she was part of the noble family and they were technically obligated to make sure she stayed alive. Though, she knew that, while growing up, she would never be able to get the inheritance. Not only was she the last child there, but she was also a woman. Chances of her getting onto the throne...small. incredibly small. Chances of her fading into obscurity? Huge. Very huge. She had accepted at a young age that she would never amount to much because of her family, and she had gone into a minor bout of depression because of this.
Though, one day, the war had happened. Petalburg had gone to war with a neighboring Daimyo. Her father and his sons had gone to war. Against the advice of his advisors, her father had charged headfirst into battle, hoping to surprise the enemy and demoralize them. Unfortunately, the charge hadn't gone like he had hoped. He was killed in the resulting battle, and with the daimyo gone, the war would end soon afterwards, and the sons had to return to see who would be the new daimyo. The two oldest sons had argued with each other for the position, until eventually they something like a duel, whoever lived would rule Petalburg. After a long, nasty fight, with Aguri there to watch, the two brothers would kill each other, one cutting the other brutally while the other was decapitated. More family members of the Honda family line gone in the same month. This would slowly be how the Honda family line would be known as the "Cursed Line", as one tragedy after another would strike after the passing of the three male heads of the family.
One after another, the offspring of the now late Daimyo would disappear. Their passings seemed to be filled with evidence of foul play, and there had been rumors of fighting between siblings hours before one of them would die. Even the few females in the family weren't safe. They were either forced to leave via threats or they were assasinated, just more insults to the Honda family line. The only one to stay alive was Aguri, and mostly because people had almost forgotten she was part of the royal bloodline. When most of her siblings had died, the regency council, which her father had selected before he had gone to war, were trying to elect a new daimyo amongst them. Aguri had suddenly seen an opportunity and demanded that she was given the throne. They had refused, at first. A women controlling the throne would surely make them a laughingstock of all of Hoenn. Though, it seemed that Aguri was not ready to give up just yet. It was her chance to do something, and she wasn't ready to let this opportunity go. After many hours of argument, she was able to make a compromise. A regency council would be put up to lead her in her rule, and she has to talk to them before she does anything.
After the day she has assumed power, she had to constantly watch her back, as her regency council did not like the idea of her being the daimyo. She had sworn that they had tried to expose of her multiple times, if the poisoned food and suspicious setting of her bedroom were any indicator. Now she's just trying to lead a kingdom while making sure her life isn't taken in the process.
Personality: Aguri is just the slightest bit mentally uneasy, considering that most of her family has died, it has taken a negative effect on her psyche. Add onto that the fact that she's faced much persecution after forcing her way onto the throne of Petalburg, she's been thinking more and more stressed, and it's been taking a bit hit onto her mental state. She can come off as very eccentric towards other people. She's also a huge rebel. She has a big urge to do the opposite of what her council of advisors wants her to do, and this can lead her to cause some pretty awful choices at this time.
She's also incredibly paranoid at times. She looked at people with a suspicious gaze, and it take a long time for anyone to earn her trust. It's something she's learned after being the subject of many attempted assassinations, or what she calls assassinations. At the same time, she's greedy, and often wants a lot of things to herself, a byproduct of growing up with barely anything to her name. Now she wasn't everything to be hers, so she's not one to give you gifts or tokens of appreciation or anything.
Screen the Dustox
Bats the Gligar
Aiji the Mawile
Misc. Info She's strangely allergic to bees, and she loves honey. Loves, loves, loooves it.
Just call me Sahara

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:45 pm

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:Nation Name: The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Character Name: Aguri Honda
Appearance:
Area of Control (if a Daimyo, corresponds with a traditional gym city): Petalburg City
Home: Literally just Petalburg City
Biography: Aguri was the last child of her father, and she was the runt of the litter, and she was the unwanted child, hence the name that was given to her. Because of this, she was never really pampered. They barely even looked at her the whole time while growing up. The maids and other people who worked in the castle only paid attention to her because she was part of the noble family and they were technically obligated to make sure she stayed alive. Though, she knew that, while growing up, she would never be able to get the inheritance. Not only was she the last child there, but she was also a woman. Chances of her getting onto the throne...small. incredibly small. Chances of her fading into obscurity? Huge. Very huge. She had accepted at a young age that she would never amount to much because of her family, and she had gone into a minor bout of depression because of this.
Though, one day, the war had happened. Petalburg had gone to war with a neighboring Daimyo. Her father and his sons had gone to war. Against the advice of his advisors, her father had charged headfirst into battle, hoping to surprise the enemy and demoralize them. Unfortunately, the charge hadn't gone like he had hoped. He was killed in the resulting battle, and with the daimyo gone, the war would end soon afterwards, and the sons had to return to see who would be the new daimyo. The two oldest sons had argued with each other for the position, until eventually they something like a duel, whoever lived would rule Petalburg. After a long, nasty fight, with Aguri there to watch, the two brothers would kill each other, one cutting the other brutally while the other was decapitated. More family members of the Honda family line gone in the same month. This would slowly be how the Honda family line would be known as the "Cursed Line", as one tragedy after another would strike after the passing of the three male heads of the family.
One after another, the offspring of the now late Daimyo would disappear. Their passings seemed to be filled with evidence of foul play, and there had been rumors of fighting between siblings hours before one of them would die. Even the few females in the family weren't safe. They were either forced to leave via threats or they were assasinated, just more insults to the Honda family line. The only one to stay alive was Aguri, and mostly because people had almost forgotten she was part of the royal bloodline. When most of her siblings had died, the regency council, which her father had selected before he had gone to war, were trying to elect a new daimyo amongst them. Aguri had suddenly seen an opportunity and demanded that she was given the throne. They had refused, at first. A women controlling the throne would surely make them a laughingstock of all of Hoenn. Though, it seemed that Aguri was not ready to give up just yet. It was her chance to do something, and she wasn't ready to let this opportunity go. After many hours of argument, she was able to make a compromise. A regency council would be put up to lead her in her rule, and she has to talk to them before she does anything.
After the day she has assumed power, she had to constantly watch her back, as her regency council did not like the idea of her being the daimyo. She had sworn that they had tried to expose of her multiple times, if the poisoned food and suspicious setting of her bedroom were any indicator. Now she's just trying to lead a kingdom while making sure her life isn't taken in the process.
Personality: Aguri is just the slightest bit mentally uneasy, considering that most of her family has died, it has taken a negative effect on her psyche. Add onto that the fact that she's faced much persecution after forcing her way onto the throne of Petalburg, she's been thinking more and more stressed, and it's been taking a bit hit onto her mental state. She can come off as very eccentric towards other people. She's also a huge rebel. She has a big urge to do the opposite of what her council of advisors wants her to do, and this can lead her to cause some pretty awful choices at this time.
She's also incredibly paranoid at times. She looked at people with a suspicious gaze, and it take a long time for anyone to earn her trust. It's something she's learned after being the subject of many attempted assassinations, or what she calls assassinations. At the same time, she's greedy, and often wants a lot of things to herself, a byproduct of growing up with barely anything to her name. Now she wasn't everything to be hers, so she's not one to give you gifts or tokens of appreciation or anything.
Screen the Dustox
Bats the Gligar
Aiji the Mawile
Misc. Info She's strangely allergic to bees, and she loves honey. Loves, loves, loooves it.

Accepted. She seems fun xD

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse