NATION

PASSWORD

Coastal Daytona Academy: The High School RP [OOC|DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:24 pm

Taggededddd
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: Coastal Daytona Academy Inquiry

Postby 95X » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:27 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:Anyone waiting on anyone to post, aside from Segral with Flattnerk?
Although the inquiry was probably about the IC thread, it would be very helpful to know if my character/application was accepted.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:53 am

95X wrote:
Imperial Esplanade wrote:Anyone waiting on anyone to post, aside from Segral with Flattnerk?
Although the inquiry was probably about the IC thread, it would be very helpful to know if my character/application was accepted.

We discuss, as OPs, the status of your application.

I'll look over it today, since I'm going to be in bed all day -- dealing with the flu.
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:04 am

North Daecon wrote:--snip--

APPROVED.

95X wrote:--snip--

PENDING.
- Good application, merely awaiting a consensus from my Co-OPs before making it official.

Segral wrote:--snip--

PENDING.
- Still has no biography, I presume it's a WIP you never got around to completing just yet?

I should clarify that simply because someone is of the "evil" alignment, it doesn't necessarily mean they are some sort of a mass-murderer-in-the-making. Rather, it means a certain character is more prone to mischevious/malignant/cruelty than others -- and yes, the "good" alignment characters aren't necessarily glowing with halos either. Everyone is human.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:07 am

Anyway, it appears it has been decided, then. We shall skip over the additional off-day and go straight to first day of class once "today" is over. I'll force that time-skip to occur by the 15th.

Hope everyone's had a great Christmas/New Years Holiday, and hope to see you all around soon as well! NationStates is always notoriously slow, but activity always picks (and does so rather fast) shortly after.

Now that I've gotten over my flu, I'll also work on updating the roster. There's not much more to add to as far as the summary is concerned at this time.
Last edited by Imperial Esplanade on Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:12 am

Okay, now to organise where to place Melissa.

I will probably get a post up soon enough in the IC, then jump into Discord once I get settled into the zone. Just got back from a trip to Singapore and Seoul, myself.

Segral
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 06, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Segral » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:49 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:
Segral wrote:--snip--

PENDING.
- Still has no biography, I presume it's a WIP you never got around to completing just yet?

Yeah. Got sidetracked with life, illness, and writers block. It'll be done today though.
yea bro idk

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:51 am

North Daecon wrote:Okay, now to organise where to place Melissa.

I will probably get a post up soon enough in the IC, then jump into Discord once I get settled into the zone. Just got back from a trip to Singapore and Seoul, myself.

Exciting! Hope to hear about it soon!

New Orleans, Louisiana.

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:12 am

Think gonna place Melissa with the group that compromises of Ryo, Larry and Shannon, if that is alright with everyone.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:18 am

I will also do stuff. I have been doing a lot of gaming since Christmas, even though almost none of that involves my Christmas gifts, because most of my Christmas gifts is various hiking stuff. My dads been off for a while, too, so there is that. But after my busy day today, I am going to be rushing a LOT of crap done in a short period of time, before I will then be busy on vacation until like the 12th, though I may still try to post anyway while on vacation, on the dumb ass laptop.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:36 am

This is, generally, a very slow time on NationStates. While many of us feel rather bad, including myself, due to the RL-circumstances that have prevented us from doing much to begin with -- they certainly take far more precedence over this.

New Orleans, Louisiana.

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:53 am

North Daecon wrote:Think gonna place Melissa with the group that compromises of Ryo, Larry and Shannon, if that is alright with everyone.

That's a bit tricky. I believe those groups have already finished their tours. However, once I finish my third app, and if it's accepted, I can create some interaction.
yea bro idk

North Daecon
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:03 am

Segral wrote:
North Daecon wrote:Think gonna place Melissa with the group that compromises of Ryo, Larry and Shannon, if that is alright with everyone.

That's a bit tricky. I believe those groups have already finished their tours. However, once I finish my third app, and if it's accepted, I can create some interaction.

Sure.

Imperial Esplanade wrote:This is, generally, a very slow time on NationStates. While many of us feel rather bad, including myself, due to the RL-circumstances that have prevented us from doing much to begin with -- they certainly take far more precedence over this.

Same here, as I am experiencing a huge slow down on my stuff as well.

Segral
Ambassador

Postby Segral » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:04 am

Name: Amy Flannigan
Sex: Female
Grade: 10th
Role: Student
Birthday: March 3, 2002
Hometown: Daytona Beach, Florida
Appearance:

Height, Weight, and Body Type: 5'8, 123 lbs, willowy

Personality: Amy, in public and to school authorities, is a sweet, charming, and kind girl. And truth be told, she is. She is extremely friendly, particularly towards new or ostracized students, and, unless you really piss her off, she will treat you with utmost respect, friendliness, and loyalty.

However, to her close friends and companions, you a see a different side. She still retains those aforementioned sweet and caring qualities, but she's a little...different. She's more...whimsical, fantastical, a dreamer. She often gets caught up in her dreams and imaginations, fantasies and whatnot flying through her head. To her, everything has a beginning, middle, conclusion, climax, etc. Life is a story to her. When you speak to her,, you're caught in a halestorm of wordplay and similes and hyperbole, with connections and references and grandiose language that can be difficult to follow along with.

However, on the inside, feelings and a personality she doesn't show to even her two closest and best friends she's ever had, Larry and Josh, brew. On the inside, she's a nervous wreck. She constantly tries to live up to her own sky-high expectations, and when she doesn't reach them, she becomes angry and upset for days on end. Not only does she attempt to live up to her own expectations, but other people's. She always tries to be the perfect person, perfect daughter, sister, girlfriend, musician, student, whatever it is it may be. If she doesn't learn to cope with her stress, it could have...disastrous results.

Sexual Orientation: 0.5 on the Kinsey Scale
Moral Alignment: Neutral Good

Personal Skills: Charming and kind person, very bright, gifted musicianship, and is athletic, being a competitive gymnast as well as a cheerleader and tumbler.
Personal Vulnerabilities: Suffers from anxiety and occasional panic attacks, sometimes going to the point of stress-induced migraines. Is extremely hard on herself, being a perfectionist to the point of beating herself up over slight mistakes. Is a follower, not a leader, and often just rolls over and lets people walk all over her and steal her credit.

Biography: Amy Flannigan was born to wealthy, upper-class socialites in Daytona Beach. Her father owned a string of very successful companies, and her mother helped manage them. As a young child, she was spoiled and pampered with money, but never really got that emotional connection with her parents. Being so busy, they never had time for her and Amy was raised by maids, living her spoiled princess lifestyle with little control.

But when she was six, the 2008 financial crisis destroyed her parents' companies and things took a turn for Amy. She was no longer able to live in the lap of luxury, she was now "middle-class", a word she had previously considered dirty, but was now her life. She struggled for a long time to adapt, to get used to her new life. Eventually, she did manage to adapt and she changed for the better. She started to become nicer and friendlier, less condescending towards others, less like a spoiled princess.

But, even when the crisis was over, and things started to take an upwards turn, Amy's issues continued. Her parents started to put tremendous pressure on her to do well in school and extracurriculars, leaving Amy stressed and panicked. She started to experience anxiety and migraines, often working herself to the brink of exhaustion to please her parents. She started to take up music to try and relieve some stress, choosing the bass guitar over it's more popular electric friend. As well, she began to start becoming committed to gymnastics and tumbling, only viewing it as a hobby before, but now taking it seriously. But even those creative outlets couldn't ease off the tremendous pressure put on her shoulders, balancing her academic, athletic, and music paths while the weight was being multiplied by her parents pressure.

Eventually, when high school rolled around and the stress only increased, Amy began to go down a wrong path. She started experimenting with drugs and began to hang with less savory individuals at school. She even had a brush with the law over vandalism charges. However, she was convinced to change her life by one Lawrence Fisher, a friend she had met when both purchased from the same drug dealer. Lawrence managed to make her see straight and got her to quit drugs and refocus. Soon, life started to go uphill again, as Amy's grades improved, her band won a Battle of the Bands, and she met her first boyfriend, her friend and baseball player Josh Turner. Now, 10th grade seems like the next big adventure in life.

RP Sample: ...Seriously?
Other: Is part of the trio band known as "Argon", formed by her, Josh Turner and Lawrence Fisher.

Reposted and complete...finally.
Last edited by Segral on Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yea bro idk

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse