NATION

PASSWORD

Homo Sapien Discussion Area: Bullying Debate

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Could you please provide a more descriptive title and some more background?

The Left-Wing Discussion Thread is over here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=396196, and we're not going to have a 2nd one. Also, there is no thread ownership in NSG, so you can't actually stop right-wingers from posting if they have a comment about this anti-bullying stuff.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Gagium
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2017

Postby Gagium » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:I no longer talk to people who are allied to the Right. Thank you very much for not talking to me and I hope you have a pleasant and wonderful day.

Anyaw. I support the movement that is beginning against bullying. I know that I have no idea what other disabled folks have dealt with that, but it was horrible when I was a kid. So do you agree with what New York is doing fining the parents of kids that tease ? Do you feel there should be penalties ? Or do you agree nothing should be done ? Remember to wear purple as a a sign you are against bullying !

I would answer but I don't think I'm allowed to if I'm right leaning...?
E

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:31 pm

Gagium wrote:
Lincolnopolis wrote:I no longer talk to people who are allied to the Right. Thank you very much for not talking to me and I hope you have a pleasant and wonderful day.

Anyaw. I support the movement that is beginning against bullying. I know that I have no idea what other disabled folks have dealt with that, but it was horrible when I was a kid. So do you agree with what New York is doing fining the parents of kids that tease ? Do you feel there should be penalties ? Or do you agree nothing should be done ? Remember to wear purple as a a sign you are against bullying !

I would answer but I don't think I'm allowed to if I'm right leaning...?

You are allowed. That's one reason I'm trying to get him to edit the OP.
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:35 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Sure they can answer but I won't respond. That's all right isn't it ?

Yes, but you still need to fix the OP and thread title.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:52 pm

P.S: If you represent the Right, I won't respond

Most political test I've taken have put me just left of center, but you can't keep right wingers from answering, and ignoring them is kinda childish.

Anyway; you mind posting a source on what NY is specifically doing?

But yes bullying is bad.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Most political test I've taken have put me just left of center, but you can't keep right wingers from answering, and ignoring them is kinda childish.

But yes bullying is bad.

Hmm...I see. My reason for not speaking to them is they get you upset and you can not make any credible points with them. As far I can see, they might as well be from Mars.

That's not unique to right wingers.

Hmmm, I'm going to have to read on this some more.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:07 pm

Ya the problem with that is that you believe that everyone to the right of Stalin is a fascist
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:

Sure they can answer but I won't respond. That's all right isn't it ?

Then you're not posting in good faith.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Ya the problem with that is that you believe that everyone to the right of Stalin is a fascist

Nope.

I consider them to be anti-Disabled Supremacists. I consider most of them to be my natural enemies. But fascist ? No, not fascists. Just anti-Disability Supremacists.

Must hate everyone then, huh.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Hirota
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Hirota » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Most political test I've taken have put me just left of center, but you can't keep right wingers from answering, and ignoring them is kinda childish.

But yes bullying is bad.

Hmm...I see. My reason for not speaking to them is they get you upset and you can not make any credible points with them. As far I can see, they might as well be from Mars.

but since you asked : http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/parents ... d=50386384

Getting upset is your problem, not theirs... provided they stick to the rules. But in general normal life people have to work and interact with people they might disagree with on certain matters. That's how grown ups operate...well, how they should operate. A lot of people, Americans in particular, seem to be struggling with that these days and it isn't limited to one demographic of politics.

As to the law, I can see the benefits of bringing parents to the table to deal with their bullying offspring, but I'd hope it remains confined to a weapon of last resort.
Last edited by Hirota on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger - Confucius
Known to trigger Grammar Nazis, Spelling Nazis, Actual Nazis, the emotionally stunted and pedants.
Those affected by the views, opinions or general demeanour of this poster should review this puppy picture. Those affected by puppy pictures should consider investing in an isolation tank.

Economic Left/Right: -3.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.03
Isn't it curious how people will claim they are against tribalism, then pigeonhole themselves into tribes?

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
I use obviously in italics to emphasise the conveying of sarcasm. If I've put excessive obviously's into a post that means I'm being sarcastic

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:13 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:I no longer talk to people who are allied to the Right.

boo!

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:17 pm

How do you have your beliefs challenged?
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:17 pm

I am a right winger, I will talk in any god dammed general thread I want to, I would like to see you OP stop me. In fact trying to stop me can be considered a form of bullying. My general response to bullys. Is fuck off. Something society needs to say more to bullies.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Must hate everyone then, huh.

Nearly.

Seems like a problem.
I dream of a land without you and all the harm you can do. The amount of agony I went through, the misunderstandings...it makes my hand flex for no good reason.

Look man, I ain't down nothing to you. I'm sorry that people where assholes to you, but that isn't a good excuse to hate everybody and the world.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Galloism wrote:

How do you have your beliefs challenged?

They don't, nor do they want to apparently
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:21 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:I am a right winger, I will talk in any god dammed general thread I want to, I would like to see you OP stop me. In fact trying to stop me can be considered a form of bullying. My general response to bullys. Is fuck off. Something society needs to say more to bullies.

Never change Ethel.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
Galloism wrote:How do you have your beliefs challenged?

They don't, nor do they want to apparently

Sounds horribly boring.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:24 pm

Genivaria wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:They don't, nor do they want to apparently

Sounds horribly boring.

Yes but it makes them no different then the people that hurt them and hardline Nazis.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Sounds horribly boring.

I'm reminded of how Nazi Germany treated it's disabled people..

And?

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:27 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:I am a right winger, I will talk in any god dammed general thread I want to, I would like to see you OP stop me. In fact trying to stop me can be considered a form of bullying. My general response to bullys. Is fuck off. Something society needs to say more to bullies

Hmm...Have you checked out the NY thing ? http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/parents ... d=50386384

And wouldn't you take joy if your child was making my child miserable ? Shouldn't he enjoy his excruciating torture for non-Disabled kids delight ?

So you are talking to. Right winger.

Would I take joy iny kid bullying yours? No I would put a stop to it. However my kids are taught not to bully anyone, and to let me know if they see it. I will say someone did try and bully boy #2, and he beat the crap out of them, (shame the kid didn't know boy #2 was a red belt) I was ok with that.

As to the parents bein jailed, I would rather the bully themselves be jailed, but if the parent is encouraging the bullying, I have no issue with them being jailed as well.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:28 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Sounds horribly boring.

I'm reminded of how Nazi Germany treated it's disabled people..

I really don't know how you're reminded of that.

Aellex
Senator

Founded: Apr 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aellex » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:And wouldn't you take joy if your child was making my child miserable ? Shouldn't he enjoy his excruciating torture for non-Disabled kids delight ?

The fuck?
Citoyen Français. Disillusioned Gaulliste. Catholique.

Tombé au champ d'honneur, add 11400 posts.

Member of the Committee
for Proletarian Morality

RIP Balk, you were too good a shitposter for this site.

Gagium
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2017

Postby Gagium » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:29 pm

Lincolnopolis wrote:

But yes bullying is bad.

but since you asked : http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/parents ... d=50386384

That happens from both sides you know...more with the left than with the right in my opinion, but just that: my opinion. You can't just not listen to the other opinions side and get anywhere in life with only hearing things you like.

But yeah, bullying is (obviously) bad, and I think the movement you refer to against bullying has been going on for, well, a while. Schools should do things to stop it, but if they aren't going to, the least they can do is at least not tell the student they're going to but then turn their backs on them.
E

Isapito
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:30 pm

You should talk to right wingers, inter-ideological debate is necessary for a healthy democracy.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Aellex wrote:
Lincolnopolis wrote:And wouldn't you take joy if your child was making my child miserable ? Shouldn't he enjoy his excruciating torture for non-Disabled kids delight ?

The fuck?

I second that.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General