NATION

PASSWORD

Adding an abstain option for World Assembly votes

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Adding an abstain option for World Assembly votes

Postby Auralia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:23 pm

I strongly feel that the World Assembly should have an "abstain" option that is included in the vote tally. Abstain votes would not be counted for the purposes of determining whether there is a majority of votes in favour, but they would still be distinct from a "for" or "against" vote. I believe there are a few good reasons for this change.

1. Players would be able to express their position on a resolution more accurately. There is a difference between simply not voting on a resolution and making an active decision to remain neutral. Not voting might be confused with mere ignorance that a vote is even occurring or general disinterest in the World Assembly, whereas abstention indicates that the player has engaged with the World Assembly but simply decided not to support or oppose the resolution.

2. The World Assembly electorate would have more accurate data on player views. This is an extension of the previous point. At the moment, it is impossible to know how many voters have not voted out of ignorance or general disinterest versus an active stance of neutrality because the current system does not allow players to express that distinction. This is useful information that allows authors and other interested parties to gauge the level of interest and support for a particular resolution.

3. Flippant voting in favour or against resolutions that players are not interested in would be less likely to occur. At the moment, players have a perverse incentive to vote in favour or against a resolution -- even a resolution in which they have no interest and for which they are unwilling to do adequate research -- simply to make the vote notification icon go away. Incentives for uninformed votes harm the overall quality of the World Assembly game. An abstention option would give players the option of making the notification go away without making an ill-informed vote. (Frankly, though, it would be preferable to have a separate option to disable the notification without having to vote at all, so as to better preserve the meaning of the vote to abstain.)
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Also

4. Clears annoying notification when you don’t want to vote on something

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:17 pm

It seemed like a rather big change for something that would be practically indistinguishable from not voting. Whilst there are some differences like the more accurate representation you still would have some who would not vote and considering nobody else can see a nation's vote that would have little effect.
Last edited by Kenmoria on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:19 pm

I support it.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Outdoor Bovita
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Outdoor Bovita » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:30 am

Auralia wrote:I strongly feel that the World Assembly should have an "abstain" option that is included in the vote tally. Abstain votes would not be counted for the purposes of determining whether there is a majority of votes in favour, but they would still be distinct from a "for" or "against" vote. I believe there are a few good reasons for this change.

1. Players would be able to express their position on a resolution more accurately. There is a difference between simply not voting on a resolution and making an active decision to remain neutral. Not voting might be confused with mere ignorance that a vote is even occurring or general disinterest in the World Assembly, whereas abstention indicates that the player has engaged with the World Assembly but simply decided not to support or oppose the resolution.

2. The World Assembly electorate would have more accurate data on player views. This is an extension of the previous point. At the moment, it is impossible to know how many voters have not voted out of ignorance or general disinterest versus an active stance of neutrality because the current system does not allow players to express that distinction. This is useful information that allows authors and other interested parties to gauge the level of interest and support for a particular resolution.

3. Flippant voting in favour or against resolutions that players are not interested in would be less likely to occur. At the moment, players have a perverse incentive to vote in favour or against a resolution -- even a resolution in which they have no interest and for which they are unwilling to do adequate research -- simply to make the vote notification icon go away. Incentives for uninformed votes harm the overall quality of the World Assembly game. An abstention option would give players the option of making the notification go away without making an ill-informed vote. (Frankly, though, it would be preferable to have a separate option to disable the notification without having to vote at all, so as to better preserve the meaning of the vote to abstain.)

I agree with an abstain vote but believe there would need to be four options to vote to eliminate the Hobsons Choice principle of deciding on all or nothing. Also this would leave the polling statistics looking like two separate fields of YES & NO as to not confuse the voter. HIGHEST figure out of the four would win!!!

Here is one I made earlier adding Abstain value to Repeals:
(YES/NO for a repeal to important Marriage legislation is not the same as YES/NO MANDATORY REPEAL & REPLACE)

Online Vote: Repeal Marage Equality (Answer question A (OR) Question B)

Question A
Repeal

Yes No o I answered question B

Question B
Repeal and Manditory Replace [Attached Replacement Legislation]

Yes No o I answered question A

Error Messages...

(You must answer only question A (OR) question B)

Do you not this this system would save unnecessary bureaucratic maintenance, save the taxpayer money and be fairer to the voter who wishes to abstain. As well as adding clarity to the problem with the issue and requirements upfront for the issue to be solved.

In my opinion, people that can work out how to do this vote do not deserve to vote at all! :rofl:

The polls might look like this

Repeal

35% 65%

Repeal and Replace

49% 51%

Largest figure wins? Work out this maths for me? XD (I think is works out, 2 Chances to say NO, 100% to say Repeal, 100% to say Repeal and replace)... Therefore equation adds to possible Abstain voter inclusion!) - Correct me if I am wrong?

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:36 am

that requires modifications to the software code and some testing to make sure it actually works why the trouble for a useless option when you can just not vote its that simple don't like either option then don't vote what's the purpose of saying I don't support either side with a abstain vote that doesn't even count? just don't vote its that simple.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:14 am

Outdoor Bovita wrote:snip

Look, it isn't going to work because when a repeal goes up 1) There is not always replacement legislation already written and 2) Sometimes there are more than one replacements. How do you decide which replacement is attached to the repeal in those cases?

Gig em Aggies wrote:that requires modifications to the software code and some testing to make sure it actually works why the trouble for a useless option when you can just not vote its that simple don't like either option then don't vote what's the purpose of saying I don't support either side with a abstain vote that doesn't even count? just don't vote its that simple.

Auralia explained why very clearly. Simply not voting does not provide any information on how many people did not vote because they saw the vote and decided not to vote either way, or ones that for some reason did not see the vote at all or do not care about the WA at all.

Also, some people have no opinion but vote just to get rid of the notification. These people skew the vote with uninformed votes, so should have an abstain option.
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:41 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Outdoor Bovita wrote:snip

Look, it isn't going to work because when a repeal goes up 1) There is not always replacement legislation already written and 2) Sometimes there are more than one replacements. How do you decide which replacement is attached to the repeal in those cases?

Gig em Aggies wrote:that requires modifications to the software code and some testing to make sure it actually works why the trouble for a useless option when you can just not vote its that simple don't like either option then don't vote what's the purpose of saying I don't support either side with a abstain vote that doesn't even count? just don't vote its that simple.

Auralia explained why very clearly. Simply not voting does not provide any information on how many people did not vote because they saw the vote and decided not to vote either way, or ones that for some reason did not see the vote at all or do not care about the WA at all.

Also, some people have no opinion but vote just to get rid of the notification. These people skew the vote with uninformed votes, so should have an abstain option.

You know you can see how many people didn't vote right? Just take the total amount of votes and subtract that from the total amount of WA nations problem solved. Plus no need to change the software just so you can see how many didn't vote besides what is gonna be used besides saying this many people didn't vote.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:55 am

I would welcome a mechanism by which large delegate votes are amplified.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:31 am

Kenmoria wrote:and considering nobody else can see a nation's vote

You can if you look at the nation's 'National Happenings' before the vote falls off the bottom of that list...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:55 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:I would welcome a mechanism by which large delegate votes are amplified.

Don't get too excited. Assuming that people who would otherwise abstain vote more or less randomly there wouldn't be any statistical effect. The influence of large delegates would just *appear* larger.

Though if they're instead voting with the trend, the oft cited lemming effect, then adding an abstain option would lessen the influence of large delegates. Or that of those large delegates who make a point of voting early.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:21 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:You know you can see how many people didn't vote right? Just take the total amount of votes and subtract that from the total amount of WA nations problem solved. Plus no need to change the software just so you can see how many didn't vote besides what is gonna be used besides saying this many people didn't vote.

That is not at all what I said. We don't want to know how many people did not vote, we want to know
A) how many did not vote because they did not have a For or Against stance
versus
B) how many did not vote because they didn't log on / died / refuse to vote in the WA / etc.

Only an abstain option shows that. Why are you against this change?
Last edited by Excidium Planetis on Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:45 pm

A) how many did not vote because they did not have a For or Against stance
versus

^^^^^ This is useless to everyone except maybe the highups in the WA leadership.

B) how many did not vote because they didn't log on / died / refuse to vote in the WA / etc.

^^^This is what it is and will be until max and his tech minons decide. Plus too much work for no reward.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:A) how many did not vote because they did not have a For or Against stance
versus

^^^^^ This is useless to everyone except maybe the highups in the WA leadership.

This information is useful to every WA author because it lets them know if the people who did not vote simply did not have an opinion or were not informed. It helps them understand why their vote fails if it fails, allows them to either focus on informing more voters to vote or writing resolutions people actually care about.

Insulting the people who write 100% of all WA resolutions does not help your argument.

Plus too much work for no reward.

All reward and no downsides to the player. The NS Admins' job is to create a better game for the players. I hope they see this and realize that an abstain option helps a lot and has no drawbacks, benefitting the players.
Last edited by Excidium Planetis on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Gig em Aggies wrote:A) how many did not vote because they did not have a For or Against stance
versus

This information is useful to every WA author because it lets them know if the people who did not vote simply did not have an opinion or were not informed. It helps them understand why their vote fails if it fails, allows them to either focus on informing more voters to vote or writing resolutions people actually care about.

Insulting the people who write 100% of all WA resolutions does not help your argument.

Plus too much work for no reward.

All reward and no downsides to the player. The NS Admins' job is to create a better game for the players. I hope they see this and realize that an abstain option helps a lot and has no drawbacks, benefitting the players.

If you want to inform voters then send out Mass telegram campaign talking about your proposal their one problem solved. Who's insulting I'm just stating that having a third option that is basically meh won't do anything useful if you don't care about the proposal or don't like either option then don't vote. Like I said an addition like this would require coding and software changes and again it's all work for no reward.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 am

Gig em Aggies wrote:If you want to inform voters then send out Mass telegram campaign talking about your proposal their one problem solved.

You obviously have zero experience actually doing this.

There are as of the time of writing this post 23,972 WA member nations. That's $23 of telegram stamps to send out one informational telegram.

And before you say "Oh, you can just send it out manually or with a telegram script", neither of those options will in any way reach all 23,972 nations in the 4 days that a proposal is at vote.

So you are saying that instead of asking the admins to code a system which will benefit every player involved in the WA resolution writing process, those players should shell out 23 US dollars instead... every single time they want this information. I don't know about you, but I don't see that as a good use of my money. I would rather pay the NationStates staff by the hour to code an abstain button, honestly.

And that doesn't even provide the information you want. I sent out a WA wide telegram before. Out of about 22,000 nations, only around 500 bothered to respond to the telegram. That doesn't tell me anything at all about the other 21,500 and whether they cared about a proposal or not.

Who's insulting I'm just stating that having a third option that is basically meh won't do anything useful if you don't care about the proposal or don't like either option then don't vote.

The option is clearly not for
the people who don't care. In fact, no code changes are ever made for the people who don't care about them, but for the ones who do. It is for the hundreds of players who have written WA proposals. Just because you personally do not benefit from this proposal does not mean that it is "useless" or has "no reward".

Like I said an addition like this would require coding and software changes and again it's all work for no reward.

I have thoroughly described the rewards. It informs proposal authors to a higher degree and makes votes less skewed by people who voted just to clear away the annoying notification.

There is no downside. You have not even tried to present any downsides to this change.

Instead, you simply point out that the admins would have to code it. Spoiler Alert: That's their job. Literally every feature that ever got coded for NationStates required hard work from the NS staff. But they did it because they wanted to make NS better for the players. And that's what thus change does.
Last edited by Excidium Planetis on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eluvatar
Director of Technology

Founded: Mar 31, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Eluvatar » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:25 am

I'd really rather you didn't argue about the proposal.

Excidium Planetis is correct that the fact this would require code changes is not a reason to ignore this proposal.

I am concerned, however, that this would reduce participation in the WA too much. How would proponents address this concern?
To Serve and Protect: UDL

Eluvatar - Taijitu member

Auralia
Senator

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auralia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:31 am

Eluvatar wrote:I am concerned, however, that this would reduce participation in the WA too much. How would proponents address this concern?

I would argue that non-informed participation in the World Assembly has a negative value, and so discouraging this kind of participation is actually a good thing. If you're abstaining from a World Assembly vote because you really don't care enough about the issue to do the basic level of research required to develop an actual opinion about it, then you just shouldn't vote.

It would be better to give voters the opportunity to become informed: perhaps by including a link to the resolution thread in the GA forums, or maybe by creating dispatch categories for the current resolution and including previews of the top-voted dispatch for and against.
Catholic Commonwealth of Auralia
"Amor sequitur cognitionem."

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:59 am

Eluvatar wrote:I'd really rather you didn't argue about the proposal.

Excidium Planetis is correct that the fact this would require code changes is not a reason to ignore this proposal.

I am concerned, however, that this would reduce participation in the WA too much. How would proponents address this concern?

I would say that deliberate abstaining is, in fact, participation in the WA. Much more so than ignoring the alert till it goes away, and much much more so that random selections to make the alert disappear.

An abstention can also be employed to make a political point - for example the 2004 Landless Peoples Movement in South Africa. While in NS we don't deal with anything of that seriousness, an abstention is a good way to show rejection of the premise or relevance of a resolution without voting it down.

Case example: Recently, the proposal "Marriage Equality" was proposed and passed, then repealed. A large number of people supported the ideas involved, but voted against it because of the quality of the submission. A large number of people disliked the quality, but felt obliged to support to avoid an end appearance of a majority being opposed to marriage equality. Abstention would have been an excellent protest position to assume in this case, and would have been one I would gladly have taken up. "I refuse to treat this seriously, therefore I abstain." Even if the abstention carries no subsequent weight, the very existence of a high proportion of abstentions would then give grounds for the democratic mandate itself to be challenged, and be a good basis of repeal legislation.

In the trivial politics of NS, an abstention would be a way of saying "For whatever reason, I am consciously choosing not to vote." Maybe that's from apathy, or neutrality, or protest. Regardless, it has a different message to simple non-attendance.

I am strongly in favour of an abstain option being added. The only reason I can see to go against this is admin workload, but that is a separate discussion.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

U SA Minor
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby U SA Minor » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:02 am

I like the idea... all I got to say about this... just stating my opinion.... alright, this is a pretty useless post...
Leader of Union Of Alkmon

Political Views in RL: 1.00, -3.00, a right leaning libetarian
Political Views in NS: 10.00, 10.00 Hitler times 10

https://battleforthenet.com/

Outdoor Bovita
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Outdoor Bovita » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Auralia wrote:
Eluvatar wrote:I am concerned, however, that this would reduce participation in the WA too much. How would proponents address this concern?

I would argue that non-informed participation in the World Assembly has a negative value, and so discouraging this kind of participation is actually a good thing. If you're abstaining from a World Assembly vote because you really don't care enough about the issue to do the basic level of research required to develop an actual opinion about it, then you just shouldn't vote.

It would be better to give voters the opportunity to become informed: perhaps by including a link to the resolution thread in the GA forums, or maybe by creating dispatch categories for the current resolution and including previews of the top-voted dispatch for and against.

Do you care about this issue?.. Yes, I care about it but I beleive it needs a "MIDDLE GROUND" answer... "Then just don't vote on this one!.. Don't vote, but its about something very personal to me, and I do not want it to pass.. Then chose against, the against answer looks racist.. Then don't vote again.. Great so the out come here was based on 2 extremes, and the NO VOTE goes on my record too, ahh politics :).

Outdoor Bovita
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Voting 1 to 1.5

Postby Outdoor Bovita » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Please read through this carefully and tell me what's wrong with using this system "for the world".. I aim to engage "all of the voters here..

The maths to resolve and get 90% of the people voting in my estimation is fairly simple.

1. Yes 100% Resolution TOPIC
2. Yes 100% Resolution TOPIC and Solution

3a. No 50% Resolution TOPIC
3b. No 50% Resolution TOPIC & Solution

No = 100% as NO IS THE SAME "resolution!" for both TOPIC (OR) TOPIC & Solution. 50+50=100.

There are 4 ANSWERS to chose from and 3 SOLUTIONS for the policy. YES to TOPIC, YES to TOPIC & SOLUTION, NO.

OUT of the NO's you can see why no and if the VOTER chooses either of the 2 no's colloquially, you know they SAW at least high enough AS THOUGH there were an ABSTAIN OPTION.

EVERY VOTE WILL COUNT!!!! Highest out of FOUR poll figures NOT TWO!!!!

POLL FIGURES

RESOLUTION TOPIC - Maths = 1

YES 40% NO 20%

RESOLUTION TOPIC & SOLUTION - Maths = 1.5

YES 30% NO 10%

Only way to fairly add enough ethical structure to abstain, Maths = 1+ 1.5 then divide into 4. Truth = 0.625? :rofl:

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Outdoor Bovita wrote:Voting 1 to 1.5

I think you need to stop contributing to this topic. Every single post you've made in this thread (and your own related thread) have been confusing and nonsensical. I'm not sure if you're trying to submarine the effort by baffling us with bullshit, but I wish you'd stop.

Outdoor Bovita
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Topic & Topic + Resolution

Postby Outdoor Bovita » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Outdoor Bovita wrote:Voting 1 to 1.5

I think you need to stop contributing to this topic. Every single post you've made in this thread (and your own related thread) have been confusing and nonsensical. I'm not sure if you're trying to submarine the effort by baffling us with bullshit, but I wish you'd stop.

What bit does not make sense to you?

Phydios
Minister

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phydios » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Outdoor Bovita wrote:
Frisbeeteria wrote:I think you need to stop contributing to this topic. Every single post you've made in this thread (and your own related thread) have been confusing and nonsensical. I'm not sure if you're trying to submarine the effort by baffling us with *bleep*, but I wish you'd stop.

What bit does not make sense to you?

I can't speak for Fris, but I don't understand one bit of your last post. Not one bit. It's all nonsense.
If you claim to be religious but don’t control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you. | Not everyone who calls out to me, ‘Lord! Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’
James 1:26-27, Matthew 7:21-23

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical