NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft]Corruption Act Originally:On Ritual Sacrifice

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:56 pm

I mean, you can include it. But then SL would get the ability to remove the proposal.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Greater Gilead
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Gilead » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:40 am

Clean Land wrote:Category: Moral Decency Strength: Strong
Lots of people are selfish, and their selfishness harms nations
Seemingly important or rich people often think for them to be above the law

It is necessary that those are reminded about their own unimportance
It is necessary to remind people that they are nothing in comparison to their community

Frequent ritual sacrifices are the best method to achieve this

Thus, the General Assembly mandates the following:

Their people shall, for the purposes of this resolution, be defined as people not being in the nation as
1.a diplomat or a similar representative of other nations
2.a combatant for another nation
3.someone interned as a supporter, potential supporter or possible supporter of a hostile nation

Member states shall frequently and randomly select amongst their people to be ritually sacrificed in the name of the World Assembly.

The times when sacrifices are done shall be frequent enough to occur at least twice in the average lifespan of the sapient inhabitants of the nation, and there should be enough sacrifices so that there is a reasonable chance that one of their people might be picked during their lifespan.

The World Health Authority shall be tasked with checking the ritual sacrifice procedures in each member state to ensure that they are carried out in conformity with this and other General Assembly resolutions, and, when necessary, provide fixed numbers for the amount of sacrifices for a sacrifice date.
Corruption is a great evil and problem in all nation states, especially corruption of those in power.
Corruption leads to the waste of resources, distrust, and greater inequality.
Corruption has been proven to be only stoppable by giving incentives not to fall into corruption.
Corruption is an international problem, with international effects

All member states shall make efforts to fight corruption

As a minimum standard, these efforts shall include:
1-Laws to forbid money or asset transfer to an employee intended to incentivize them to make a decision that harms their employer, without the employer's consent
2-Frequent ritual sacrifices of sapient beings randomly selected of all sapient inhabitants in the nation that are neither diplomats of other nations, combatants of other nations nor someone interned as supporter, potential supporter or possible supporter of a hostile nation;these ritual sacrifices shall be made in the name of the World Assembly and be done frequently enough to occur at least two times in the lifespan of an average sapient inhabitant of the nation, and enough sacrifices must be made that there is a reasonable chance for someone to get picked
3-Comparison of the money spent by some randomly selected inhabitants with their income, regularly; and further investigation upon suspicious results
Corruption is a great evil and problem in all nation states, especially corruption of those in power.
Corruption leads to the waste of resources, distrust, and greater inequality.
Unfortunately, national governments cannot be trusted to act against corruption themselves, if they are corrupt.
Corruption is an international problem, with international effects

All member states shall make efforts to fight corruption

As a minimum standard, these efforts shall include:
1-Laws to forbid money or asset transfer to an employee intended to incentivize them to make a decision that harms their employer, without the employer's consent
2-Ritually sacrificing any government official, political candidate, or bureaucrat; and any employee of an industrial concern that receives government funds; who wilfully offers or accepts extralegal payments, bribes, donations, gifts, promotional considerations, value in kind, or campaign contributions, whose value exceeds the average cost of living for a family of four for one fiscal quarter, and which can be linked beyond a casual doubt to any conflict of interest on the part of either the giver or the recipient
3-Comparison of the money spent by some randomly selected mid-level and higher government employees and the officers of companies, production bureaus, or other industrial concerns responsible for government contracts with their income, regularly; and further investigation upon suspicious results

Co-authored by Sierra Lyricalia

And people thought I was bad when I tried to repeal #114. We are 110% opposed to this.
Before jumping to conclusions, look at my FAQ fact book. FAQ here:FAQ Ask Questions Here
Proudly violating WA resolutions since May 25, 2017! Visit The Republic of Gilead!
( -_- ) My nation does support my political views...deal with it.
"Under His Eye" is a blessing. It's asking God to keep them under His eye.
Deropia wrote:Jason can't help but laugh as the scotch bottle, followed soon after by the pie, fly through the air of the chamber. "Ah, this place may be a mad-house...but its the best damn posting I've ever had...".

The Bible Baptist Republic wrote:Ambassador Conklin reads the proposal, blinks twice, and mutters "There ain't enough whiskey to deal with this crap."

Clean Land
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Clean Land » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:44 am

Do you all see any problems with this draft(except possible moral reservations against ritual sacrifices)?
OOC:Is something here illegal and we missed it?

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:47 am

Clean Land wrote:Do you all see any problems with this draft(except possible moral reservations against ritual sacrifices)?

"Yes. Killing random government employees, even if they are corrupt, increases chaos and negatively impacts the economic conditions of a nation. That is not a moral reservation, and every time I bring this up, you have ignored me." Blackbourne replies. "Provide a justification for why nations should do economic harm to themselves."
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Clean Land
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Clean Land » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:01 am

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Clean Land wrote:Do you all see any problems with this draft(except possible moral reservations against ritual sacrifices)?

"Yes. Killing random government employees, even if they are corrupt, increases chaos and negatively impacts the economic conditions of a nation. That is not a moral reservation, and every time I bring this up, you have ignored me." Blackbourne replies. "Provide a justification for why nations should do economic harm to themselves."

You noticed that we reverted back to our previous draft... right?
You can ask government employees( and any employees for that matter) to write down any necessary info before the set date(the text does not say sacrifice every day, it is far more lenient)
And it looks like economic harm, and it actually is in the short term. But the positive effects of these ritual sacrifices will be much greater than any minor impact due to government employees dying.

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:21 am

"Ah yes, because people living in fear are so productive," Iksana says, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Look, we all know you're not doing this to try to benefit anyone, but just to be able to say you pushed through a bill promoting sapient sacrifice. We're all on to you, now give it up so we can move on to something that isn't asinine."
Trust Factbooks, not stats.

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He’s irritable and a damn troll and everything he says is IC only. I would never be so tactless OOC.

National News Radio: A large-scale infrastructure project will soon be underway. During this time, for safety reasons, the island will be closed to tourists and foreign news agents. We do expect a minor loss in revenue due to this, but this will be greatly offset by both the long and short-term benefits of the infrastructure project. If your job is negatively impacted by the island closure, please send a letter or verbal message via courier to the Council so that we can add you to the list of beneficiaries of foreign aid.

Dragonslinding WA Mission
Envoy

Founded: May 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonslinding WA Mission » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:19 am

Essu Beti wrote:"Ah yes, because people living in fear are so productive," Iksana says, voice dripping with sarcasm. "Look, we all know you're not doing this to try to benefit anyone, but just to be able to say you pushed through a bill promoting sapient sacrifice. We're all on to you, now give it up so we can move on to something that isn't asinine."

"Yes like getting a blocker so we don't have to deal with 15 proposals, next week, attempting to regulate personal relationships on an international level."
Ser Aegon Snow: Chief Ambassador of HM Government to the WA.
Ser Dawrin Stone: Assistant Ambassador of HM Government to the WA

Please note that Ser is a title not a name. It denotes that both of these gentlemen have been knighted

We creatively comply with a number of WA resolutions, check out our factbook on the matter if you'd like to know more.

Cisgendered, homosexual white male. Classically liberal/libertarian, this nation does not reflect my actual political positions.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly