NATION

PASSWORD

Russian election hacking included, hacking Pokemon GO!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Blasted Craigs
Ambassador

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Russian election hacking included, hacking Pokemon GO!

Postby Blasted Craigs » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:43 pm

As everyone knows....Pokemon Go! is the deciding factor of election results!
This is actually reported seriously by CNN.
OK, to be honest, they essentially say, that multiple sites, Facebook, Pokemon go!, tumbler, etc. were connected to one account, based in Russia.
Basically, they left links to sites with sites on links to police brutality, and encouraged Pokemon Go! players to name their Pokemon after these sites.
Now, no actual hacking, but lots of social messaging was done to have an impact with things like suggesting rallies, and...the horror...the Facebook page had, and I quote, "Thousands of likes". I kid you not.
To sum up, CNN has now reported that shitposting is the same thing as hacking. Well, if that is the case, I guess I am guilty of hacking the election myself.
(They don't say shitposting is hacking, no, they report on Russian hacking, and the interview talks about an account, describes trolling/shitposting, and bemoan the effect the Russian "Interference" aka hacking by association has had...I quote..."We'll see how deep this goes")
Or maybe having more than one type of account is hacking, since this "hacker" had a tumbler page, a facebook page, a...ghasp...Pokemon Go! account, etc)
I had leet hacking skills and didn't know it!
1-So....How can anyone take this type of "News " as anything but either satire at best or outright lies or misdirection at worst at this point?
2-Also, should this activity described, basically shitposting and trolling, be considered hacking?
Link to youtube video of CNN interview in question.

My answers...
1-I am clear on my opinion on CNN at this point. It is a fake narrative, and achieved the impossible, became less trustworthy than Fox. And I trust Fox news not at all. At this point, both are fake pushing an agenda.
2-Trolling and shitposting is nothing like hacking. Hacking can include shitposting and trolling, that does not make them the same thing.

/////
Bonus question?
What type of Pokemon do you think 'ol evil Vlad uses?
I'm betting charmander. (Notice-I have never played Pokemon actually)
Last edited by Blasted Craigs on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The government in America can best be described with an analogy. The two political parties are two cats, the elite is a rat, power is the cheese, and the common people is the floor. The floor feels two cats can guard the cheese better than one. But the cats fight each other, and the rat makes off with the cheese in glee. The floor cannot leave, and soon both cats serve the rat, because the rat has the all powerful cheese, and gives the cats a small bit of it. So the floor gets crapped on by all three, as they eat the cheese together.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Blasted Craigs wrote:
OK, to be honest, they essentially say, that multiple sites, Facebook, Pokemon go!, tumbler, etc. were connected to one account, based in Russia.
Basically, they left links to sites with sites on links to police brutality, and encouraged Pokemon Go! players to name their Pokemon after these sites.
Now, no actual hacking, but lots of social messaging was done to have an impact with things like suggesting rallies, and...the horror...the Facebook page had, and I quote, "Thousands of likes". I kid you not.
To sum up, CNN has now reported that shitposting is the same thing as hacking. Well, if that is the case, I guess I am guilty of hacking the election myself.
(They don't say shitposting is hacking, no, they report on Russian hacking, and the interview talks about an account, describes trolling/shitposting, and bemoan the effect the Russian "Interference" aka hacking by association has had...I quote..."We'll see how deep this goes")
Or maybe having more than one type of account is hacking, since this "hacker" had a tumbler page, a facebook page, a...ghasp...Pokemon Go! account, etc)
1-So....How can anyone take this type of "News " as anything but either satire at best or outright lies or misdirection at worst at this point?
2-Also, should this activity described, basically shitposting and trolling, be considered hacking?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW4ARP7lgvs

My answers...
1-I am clear on my opinion on CNN at this point. It is a fake narrative, and achieved the impossible, became less trustworthy than Fox. And I trust Fox news not at all. At this point, both are fake pushing an agenda.
2-Trolling and shitposting is nothing like hacking. Hacking can include shitposting and trolling, that does not make them the same thing.

/////
Bonus question?

Based on intel from 20 anonymous sources from an insane asylum, Putin personally used Pickachu and Pichu to launch Operation PiPi, targeting the most gullible news network, aka CNN. Thus far Operation PiPi has been a major success. Putin is now planning to use Poochyena and Porygon to launch Operation PooPoo. CNN is also the main target.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Blasted Craigs
Ambassador

Founded: May 31, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Blasted Craigs » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:19 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Blasted Craigs wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW4ARP7lgvs

My answers...

/////
Bonus question?

Based on intel from 20 anonymous sources from an insane asylum, Putin personally used Pickachu and Pichu to launch Operation PiPi, targeting the most gullible news network, aka CNN. Thus far Operation PiPi has been a major success. Putin is now planning to use Poochyena and Porygon to launch Operation PooPoo. CNN is also the main target.

How dare you use CNN's sources?!?!?!
The government in America can best be described with an analogy. The two political parties are two cats, the elite is a rat, power is the cheese, and the common people is the floor. The floor feels two cats can guard the cheese better than one. But the cats fight each other, and the rat makes off with the cheese in glee. The floor cannot leave, and soon both cats serve the rat, because the rat has the all powerful cheese, and gives the cats a small bit of it. So the floor gets crapped on by all three, as they eat the cheese together.

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:26 pm

putin commanded the FSB to Pokemon Go to the polls

!!!

Principality of the Raix
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Principality of the Raix » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Blasted Craigs wrote:As everyone knows....Pokemon Go! is the deciding factor of election results!

My answers...

/////
Bonus question?

The News media is proven, PROVEN to take bribes Nationally and Internationally. To think Pokemon Go had anything to do than make lazy people exercise is insanity. First it was "Pokemon Go is a spying app by the FBI" to "Russia hacked Pokemon Go" if that is the case is Russia; Why Pokemon Go had a purchased items crash causing the App to die faster then the craze to play it.

As to the Last part, I can see Putin using a Arcanine or Charzard, lol.
Prince Hildehrand, Principality of the Raix;Technocratic Allied States President.
Technocratic Forum
I do not use NS stats, but I do use Policies due to the Nation's Goals.
Conservative Libertarian Total-Isolationist Nationalist Reactionary
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -50%
Internationalism score: -83%
Tribalism score: 33%
Liberalism score: -67%

Pro: Pro-Life, Limited Government, 2nd Amendment, 1st Amendment.
Con: Pro-Choice, Communism, Anarchism, Totalitarianism.

Return to General