NATION

PASSWORD

BVC | 35th World Hit Festival | Junteräpten, Britonisea

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

13 Anollasia

Postby Britonisea » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:50 pm

13 ANOLLASIA

Kyle Chase: Right, here we go! It's the final nation revealing their points. One point goes to Darkmania, two points goes to Bojikstan, three points goes to Izmedu and finally, four points goes to Komarov-Thomiya - they're doing fantastically well.

1st	Britonisea	 20
2nd Mercedini 20
3rd Komaro - Thomiya 16
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Results so far...

Postby Britonisea » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:55 pm

RESULTS SO FAR: 16 OCTOBER 2017
(Results are separated if there are ties)
1st Britonisea 20
2nd Mercedini 20
3rd Komaro - Thomiya 16
4th Izmedu 16
5th Kalosia 10
6th Hiklarmangia 10
7th Estogium 9
8th Anollasia 8
9th Cosneolta 7
10th Bojikstan 5
11th Todlichebujoku 4
12th Norjihan 3
13th Darkmania 2

Britonisea
Powerbroker

With 33% Remaning

Postby Britonisea » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 am

33% REMAINING

Kyle Chase: Well, congratulations to our nation, Britonisea, for winning the first Phase, but Mercedini is in second place, drawing with the same amount of points. Komarov-Thomiya are doing quite well with Izmedu, the gazillion-time champion. Down near the bottom is Norjihan with 3 points, and Darkmania right at the bottom with 2 points. But. This is the World Hit Festival and anything can change. Let me tell you now, the final scoreboard might not even look like this. Then again, it might not look too dissimilar to this. Well, it think we should just find out together - don't you think? We are going to go around the multiverse to figure out who will be the next champion of the World Hit Festival 35! We will be given out the five points; which means we will be telling you the favourite from each country! Are you ready? Well, coming first, it's Tödlichebujoku!
Last edited by Britonisea on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

01 Tödlichebujoku

Postby Britonisea » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:00 pm

01 TÖDLICHEBUJOKU

Kyle Chase: Okay, we are now heading over to God know's where in one of my personal favourite countries, Tödlichebujoku! Well, we are going to head over to Aatos Silveira! Hey, there Aatos, give us the goods!

Aatos Silveira: Hello Junteräpten! It's a bela cidade de Stergoa! Thank you for the estilhaçoso night, you've nailed every single one of our high expectations! Now, Tödlichebujoku's five points go to...

NORJIHAN

(Why is he so close to the camera?)

The audience cheered for Norjihan as they move away from being at the penultimate position on the board. While it leaves Darkmania at the bottom, you never know what could happen...

Kyle Chase: Right, I have no idea half of the things that you said, mate. But, thank you for your votes, and congratulations very much to Norjihan! Really, congrats!
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

02 Mercedini

Postby Britonisea » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:15 pm

02 MERCEDINI

Kyle Chase: Oh my lord, look who's next - our bezzie mates from across the portal of regions - it's Mercedini! And we are heading to Zoloroni to find out the five points from Mercedini. Now, Elia, who got your five?

Elia Vinci: Good evening multiverse and good evening to all of you inside the First Direct Arena in the beautiful Junteräpten, this is Zoloroni calling! Thank you for an amazing show, you really wowed the audience and us here at home, so congrats on that. The final preparations are being made for the Junior WHF and we cant wait to see you all on stage soon. In the meantime, our five points go to...

TÖDLICHEBUJOKU

(My guy is sitting on a chair...)

From one of the most popular nations in Britonisea to another, the audience applauded greatly as Elia gave the Tödlichebujoki delegation those points. Some Estogian fans that were in the arena hissed, now they're on the right hand side of the scoreboard.

Kyle Chase: Wow, how amazing - congratulations to Vaporiz! Right, we are going to move swiftly on to the next nation...
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

03 TIDS Hiklarmangia

Postby Britonisea » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 pm

03 TIDS Hiklarmangia

Kyle Chase: Right so up next it's TIDS Hiklarmgia and- *looks at autocue in confusion and coughs* Umm, and now it’s the nation who gave us such masterpieces as “Give Us All Your Points”, and “Send Nudes (Way to long tittle). It’s the Independent Darkmanian State Hiklarmangia. Ge Margen, Hikarmangia. May I get your votes please?

Stoner McStoneface: *Smokes some drugs*

Kyle Chase: Hello Hiklar…

Stoner McStoneface: *Coughs* That was some good ass weed. I'm so stoned as fuck. Do you ever feel like we are just in a internet forum where lonely teenagers pretend to be nation and sends song they “wrote”?

Kyle Chase: Ugh, not qui-

Stoner McStoneface: Here is 5 points. It goes to Tad... Tud… Tæd… Tod… What the fuck is this nation named again?

Host: Its...

TÖDLICHEBUJOKU

(Rock on, dude!)

From one of the most popular nations in Britonisea to another, the audience applauded greatly as Elia gave the Tödlichebujoki delegation those points. Some Estogian fans that were in the arena hissed, now they're on the right hand side of the scoreboard.

Kyle Chase: Thank you, TIDS Hiklar…

Stoner McStoneface: I wanna go home! (*Leave the screen, he fells off camera*) Honey, I'M HOME!

Kyle Chase: …Mangia. Well, that just happen. I don't actually know what to...Well...moving swiftly on...
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

04 Norjihan

Postby Britonisea » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:45 pm

04 NORJIHAN

Kyle Chase: Right, so we are getting a special appearance from the Prime Minister of Norjihan! Let me bow down to you my good si- *does a doubletake* urgh, sir?

Uram Utenid, Prime Minister of Norjihan: Adøn Kalác World! Tonight, I have the great privilege of supporting Nølami, and representing the people of Norjihan both in this elected office and in the World Hit Festival voting. So, without further ado... yes Reggie, I know this is a security risk but anyway... here are the votes. 5 to...

KALOSIA

(He's so young and cute...PM? Surely not....)

There were some wolf-whistling in the crowd, and a bit of laughing to those whistles, but the crowd remained relatively civil as Uram Utenid, Prime Minister of Norjihan announced the votes.

Kyle Chase: Thanks my good, sir. Oh, and thanks earlier for those 4 points for our nation! Right, I think it's best we go to the next nation now.
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

05 Darkmania

Postby Britonisea » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:00 pm

05 DARKMANIA

Kyle Chase: So up next is... *looks at autocue in confusion and coughs* Okay, and now it’s the nation who has been on a roll resently. Some call it a future host of World Hit Festval. Some call it “That nation who has not sung in English since forever.” We call it Darkmania. Görda Näckten, Därkmanijë! May we have your votes please?

Karölina Füks: *Appears to speak, but no sound*

Kyle Chase: Görd..

Karölina Füks: …Is our fabulous capital Örkendrem calling. And yes, it’s the same brige behind me from last year. “Qe ne'iauies ma daeg jagar vhe guite oe steerer ma?” Its means “Its been an fantatic show” In your little language.

Kyle Chase: Excuse me?

Karölina Füks: We has, as always voted as fuck. In fact, over 95% of all viewers cast aleast one vote doing the 15-minute window. So, our fiver goes to…..Komarø-Thomiya!!!

KOMAROV-THOMIYA

(She gives absolutely no Füks)

The audience cheered for Norjihan as they move away from being at the penultimate position on the board. While it leaves Darkmania at the bottom, you never know what could happen...

Karölina Füks: Thank you, Brit. This is Darkmania signing out. Remember to be gentle to the winner. “Likeis plus in plus Nutella!" Good Luck.

Kyle Chase: Ok…. So Karolina still needs to learn our language, so she doesn't butcher it for the next time. It's the host nation next....!
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

06 Britonisea

Postby Britonisea » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:00 pm

06 BRITONISEA

Kyle Chase: Right, so it's now time for Britonisea to announce who they will give their five points to, and today, we have television personality, Andrew Anthony, to present our points. Hello Andrew, in Doportedas, can we please have your points?

Andrew Anthony: Hello Kyle, hello Junteräpten, and hello to the nations currently broadcasting the competition. This indeed is Doportedas calling, and though we are on the other side of the country to where you are hosting the contest, we can certainly feel the vibes all the way from here. Anyway, we are ready to give you the five points. Our five points are going to...

COSNEOLTA

(Perfection)

Everyone cheered loudly for Andrew as he came on to the screen, and as he started to speak, it seemed as though the audience only got louder. As Cosneolta eventually was announced for those five points, which was probably expected, the audience shrieked with excitement.

Kyle Chase: Thank you very, very much Andrew and congratulations to our very own Justs Prazeres and Orchestra an-

Andrew Anthony: Oh, and before I go, Kyle. I must say that you are looking very fine tonight - I love your outfit. Very well done to both you and BVC for hosting the contest and I hope to see it here in Britonisea again in future.

Kyle Chase: Oh, I think everyone in this arena can probably agree with you there. And thanks for the compliments, I totally appreciate it. Well, moving swiftly on...It's...hm....
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

07 Komarov - Thomiya

Postby Britonisea » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:20 pm

07 KOMAROV-THOMIYA

Kyle Chase: So, Komarov-Thomiya has a very poor signal right now, and well, that's their fault. But don't worry, we have a backup plan I am sure we will all be happy with. We have invited Evangeline Hope, who is currently back- oh, no, she's coming out here.

Evangeline Hope hobbles on to the stage with a cigarette in her hands, with a microphone stand. She stands to the side of Kyle Chase and begins to speak.

Evangeline Hope: They better be paying me more for this absolute bull-crap. Is it my fault some nation can't get their signals working? No. I was just enjoying a harmless ciggie round the back, and some guy - with a huge-ass quiff, sorry babes, came to me and told me that I had to read out a name because a nation couldn't be bothered to get themselves in check? What the hell, man! You know that, I am actually privileged I get to do this again - read out the five points. Especially with these hoops that I am wearing on my ear-piece. Yes, I think I absolutely slay in them, don't you think? And this top? I got this top in H&M for £6 britoes, which is around $11 NSD, I believe...? Anyway, I think it's time to reveal the points from Komarov - Thomiya. Drumroll, please! Ooh, how exciting. The five points will be going to..................to..................to......

DARKMANIA

(Slay, girl. Just slay.)

Darkmania finally got some more points, enough to move them from the bottom spot. The audience sighed in relief for the nation as they moved up a couple of places.

Kyle Chase: Alright Evangeline, you can go now...

Evangelin Hope: Actually no, I am going to stay here and help you present the votes...

Kyle Chase: Fine, well just stand there will you? Let's move on to the next nation...
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

08 Anollasia

Postby Britonisea » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:40 pm

08 ANOLLASIA

Kyle Chase: We are now going over to Anollasia...Can we have your point-

Evangeline Hope: points please, Henry! Oh, you're looking fabulous, darling!

Henry Milliken Hello, World Hit Festival! It's been a great edition, with plenty of remarkable entries abound! And of course, the lovely people over at BVC have done an excellent job organizing this event. Now, without further ado, here's who Anollasia gave 5 points to. Ha, that rhymes! Anyway...

NORJIHAN

(Why so serious?)

Norjihan was slowly creeping up the scoreboard, which caused lots of excitement for those in the arena.

Evangeline Hope: Right, thanks Henry! And thanks for the compliment towards BVC, but unfortunately BVC missed out on the opportunity to have me being the forefront of this show. Oh well!

Kyle Chase: Oh! Shhhh! Well, thanks Henry for those points - you've caused quit the stir, haven't you? Right, we should move on to the next country.
Last edited by Britonisea on Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

09 Cosneolta

Postby Britonisea » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:00 pm

09 COSNEOLTA

Evangeline Hope: Hello Cosneolta, please may we have your points please?

Alfa Haalmanus: Hello Junterapten, it's great to be in Britonisea. It was a terrific show tonight, everyone was superb. Now, I don't know who is going to win but I can definitely make it clearer for you. So... here are our points!

MERCEDINI

(Oh finally, it's a normal picture for once...)

A few hisses were heard in the audience, a quite expected five points this was. But this was mostly out-cheered by those who weren't salty in the audience.

Evangeline Hope: Hmm...

Kyle Chase: No judging, Evangeline. Thanks Alfa, you certainly made it clearer for us! Mercedini now takes the lead, and has a four point gap between them and second place.
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

10 Izmedu

Postby Britonisea » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:30 pm

10 IZMEDU

Evangeline Hope: Izmedu, Izmedu, my babies, Izmedu!

Kyle Chase: Hello Izmedu, in wherever you are, please can we have your five points?

Sandra Sunjic: "Dobra vecer Britonisea! This is last edition's hosts with the Izmeduan 5. It's been a fantastic show in Junterapten and what can I say, you've all made an incredible night. Alright, Izmedu gives its 5 points to...

NORJIHAN

(It's a lady, omg!)

The audience cheered for Norjihan, who seems to be cruising their way sheepishly up the scoreboard.

Kyle Chase: Oh my lord, Norjihan! What am I to do with you? It's the last three votes now...
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

11 Kalosia

Postby Britonisea » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:45 pm

11 KALOSIA

Kyle Chase: Hello Kalosia, would you be able to tell you who you gave our 5 points to then?

Diana Marseľu: Hello, good evening Junterapten! It's me, Diana Marseľu, and tonight I will have the honour of presenting who Kalosia voted for!

Evangeline Hope: Well, you have around five sec-

Diana Marseľu: And we gave our five points to...

IZMEDU

(It's another lady, omg!)

People started to realise that Izmedu suddenly was striding for their (place infinite number here) win, and collectively, you could hear the audience gasp... Which may have sounded rude to the viewers at home, only a few people clapped at Kalosia announcing that Izmedu would received another 5.

Kyle Chase: Hmm, well we only have two nations left - and well, anything is possible...Kind of.
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

12 Estogium

Postby Britonisea » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:15 pm

12 ESTOGIUM

Kyle Chase: We are now going to Estogium, and we are in Darlington with Reis Malik who will tell us the points from his country. You know, I am having such a long day, Reis Malik, and all I need you to do is tell me who will win the World Hit Festival right now! Please Reis, give us the answer!

Reis Malik: Oh hekki there, Kyle! I too am tired, I just came back from filming a certain something, but that will be revealed on your screens in 2018. For now, I can certainly tell you how we voted in Estogium, but before I go on to that, I would like to say that we in Estogium appreciate the efforts made by BVC and the city, but we certainly hope that one day, we in Estogium will experience the same feeling you are currently feeling by hosting the competition. I would also like to congratulate Evangeline on her new song...

Evangeline Hope: Thanks, babe. Oh, I may I just say, you are absolutely looking fine tonight. I am really liking the colours you got going on - I think it really brings out your features, your very masc-

Kyle Chase: If you don't mind, Evangeline, we are on live television, and our allotted time is running up! So please Reis, if you could, can you please reveal the five points the Estogian jury and public gave!

Reis Malik: I can do that, yes. Right. The nation that received five points from Estogium is... is......... Noyoton, it's;

Reis Malik: And we gave our five points to...

NORJIHAN

(Perfection2)

The audience cheered in a frenzy as Norjihan edged closer to Mercedini out at the front. This was the fourth five points the nation received, therefore in this section alone, they received 20 points, which mathematically is the most a nation received in the second half. The roar of the audience went on for a very, very long time, causing the hosts to try and quiet down the audience.

Reis Malik: Well, I would just like to say congratulations to Norjihan, and congratulations to whoever becomes the eventual winner of the World Hit Festival 35 - we will see you in World Hit Festival 36! *Winks at the camera, audience cheers*

Evangeline Hope: I will make sure to see a bit of you way before World Hit Festival 36, Reis.

Kyle Chase: Right, we should move on, shouldn't we? Thanks for that Reis, and thank you very much for that Evangeline. We are now heading to the last country, Bojikstan, to reveal their points. Who will win the World Hit Festival?
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

13 Bojikstan

Postby Britonisea » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:45 pm

13 BOJIKSTAN

Kyle Chase: Hello Bojikstan, we are ready for your votes. Please just enlighten us...Who will win the World Hit Festival...?

Santi Wink: Well, I think it's time that I just give you the winner isn't it? Well, we gave...

Evangeline Hope: Yes...

Santi Wink: Five...

Evangeline Hope: Yes..

Santi Wink: Points...

Evangeline Hope: Yes..

Santi Wink: To...

Evangeline Hope: Oh for godsake...Why don't you just blooming say it, you bleating Muppet!

IZMEDU

(Thanks for the points, wink wink.)
Last edited by Britonisea on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Congratulations!

Postby Britonisea » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:12 pm

An orchestra of people started to walk on to the stage out of nowhere as the winning nation was announced. The cameras zoomed out from the hosts as Kyle and Evangeline hugged each other. The lights in the arena went in to a frenzy with the colours of the winning nation. The audience reaction was different in different sections of the arena. Those who stood near the front of the stage were screaming for the World Hit Festival champion, while some others were crying - maybe the emotions just took over them. Some salty Britonish fans started to walk out of the arena, but thank lord they weren't in any of the shots, we don't want to look too shabby to the rest of the world. There was a shot of the Greenroom as Anja Krajacic made her way to the stage with her delegation. It was weird. It looked as though she was happy, but she looked as though she was a stranger to the arena - and quite frankly, she's no stranger now! As they reached down to mid-way through the arena, Evangeline Hope managed to grab Anja and gave her a hug - all throughout the song being played in the background. Over them walking towards the stage, Kyle Chase started to narrate.

Kyle Chase: And there we have it, the winner of the 35th World Hit Festival. After thirteen songs participated, vying for your votes, you collectively have found your winner in our wonderful city, you have said that Izmedu is the winner of the 35th World Hit Festival!

Anja looked on the verge of tears as last edition's winner, Daniel stood on the largest island, with the trophy in his hands. Evangeline gave her a hug before disappearing in to the audience. The camera would quickly cut to the runner-up, Mercedini and third place too, Norjihan. Komarov-Thomiya's delegation and Britonisea's also got airtime too - and despite probably being a tiny bit upset, were very happy for Anja. The audience carried on driving the spirit of the contest, screaming "Izmedu! Izmedu!" at the top of their lungs. Daniel handed the trophy over to Anja, and the LED screens showed an image of the scoreboard on it.

Final Scoreboard: Izmedu has won the 35th World Hit Festival!

Anja and her delegation walked along the the catwalk, which was lit up in gold for her. Confetti started shooting up in to the air. At the other end of the catwalk was the host of the evening Kyle Chase, who did a fantastic job hosting the evening tonight. Kyle embraced Anja before congratulating the rest of the delegation. The orchestra on the stage started playing the last bit of the song before coming to a dramatic ending - as they do.

Kyle Chase: Congratulations, Anja! Congratulations to Izmedu! But a very well done to all of the nations that participated in the competition tonight! No matter where you placed, you all did well. I think I am going to go, but I will leave you with the winner's reprise! Once again congratulations and from me, it's a good night!

Everyone in the audience cheered as Kyle took his leave from the stage. Like at the end of the postcard, Izmedu's name flashed up on the screen and like normal procedures, the camera positioned it's self, ready for the performance of Izmedu once again.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:37 pm

WINNER'S REPRISE

Tune Here

This was a moment unimaginable to her, a moment encased in such a fantasy that she never even thought of the prospect of winning for Izmedu since she entered “Anger.” As she hugged Kyle Chase and was congratulated by many, the look on her face was one of a mixture of happiness, confusion, and sadness. She was happy to be blessed with this moment, after a harrowing period after the 32nd World Hit Festival, the demons that she faced within herself were beginning to be purged. Then, there was confusion. How did she win? How was she able to secure such a large amount of support from so many people to rally towards the trophy? Anja couldn't answer those questions as she gripped the trophy into a hug, clasping it like a child as she stood there, almost dazed.

At the moment before the performance, Anja took a deep breath as her song was to be sung for a second time to the world. She walked to Island Two, clasping the trophy and putting it in front of her. As she stepped onto that stage island, there was a renewed optimism in her face. The material implications may have sent in, but the deeper impression of the win began to settle into Anja's face. No longer would her smiles be mere ghosts for this moment, but instead, she would express a smile of hope. She was slowly recovering, and this performance was her expression of gratitude towards the world. For once in her short life, the tendrils of self-hatred were not there.

I may be on my own... But I'm stronger now.

Stage lights billowed down to the center at the advent of the WHF35 winner. Anja was situated at Island Two (the Lost Island) and would remain there for all of the entry. After a few moments of silence, a ghostly white light begin to shine down on Anja, a silhouette of her looking down appearing towards the viewers at home. Introductory piano chords heralded the beginning of the song as the camera faded to a close up of Anja, circling around her as the light began to illuminate her by the second. She was revealed to be wearing this outfit, and her eyes were closed and face downwards. Timed at the right moment, Anja looked up, opened her eyes, and began to sing into the microphone she was holding.

I know that the worst is through
But all this hurt isn't finished with me
Oh... All these lies I told to myself
I can smile in the mirror, but the tears don't lose

With illusory camera effects and a lighting trick, the camera emphasized wide shots to make Anja look alone in the First Direct Arena. Wisps of ghostly light danced around the arena as most of the camera was centered around Anja's face directly, with her directly singing into the camera for the first verse. Her expression was labored, her eyes arched downwards as she blurred her performing and inner self. Anja's voice was slightly hoarse as it wavered at a few lines, but she remained steady and resolute by the end of the verse. Despite the wisp of inner strength, Anja still looked defeated, holding the microphone with only one hand, her back scrunched forward slightly to the front...

I've faced too much to run away from myself
But it's too easy to never look back
And no matter how far I escape this pain
They always wait until I fall apart

At the hook, Anja changed her vocal tempo as if she were 'speaking' these lines, speaking them to herself as almost a mantra. The camera took a more sideways angle as she was looking up towards the spotlight, before taking on a bird's eye view at the latter half of the hook. The floor on Island Two looked to be 'cracked,' a screen effect in which in those cracks appeared Anja's face. By the fourth line, the camera returned to Anja, her expression gazing into the viewers at home but turning away at the end, in preparation for the chorus.

Gotta let go of anger, anger
I need to know it's okay, okay
I have to be broken
In order to heal, to heal...

She raised her free hand towards the camera, bottling it in anger at the first line of the chorus before letting it go. In the space of a few seconds, evident in the initial grit she sang the chorus, she relaxed her hand, letting go of it in a physical face as her face and voice almost crinkled in a breakdown. Her eyes teared as she sang the rest of the chorus, with especially the third line almost making Anja lose her resolve. During that line on, a haunting backing chorus of singers would accompany Anja's singing, almost turning the affair to an elegy. She had to close her eyes by the fourth line, with it becoming too overwhelming as she closed off with a low note, turning away. At the instrumental interlude, the camera zoomed out, as the viewers witness Anja holding her chest and looking up towards the ceiling. She looked down again, contemplating only for a second before getting ready for the second verse.

I am a foolish girl
Sometimes vengeful, sometimes unknowing
Told all my life I can't change
Yeah, but I've changed what my life was and never stopped

The soft tone, almost husky tone remained for the second verse. Anja sang the first few lines of the second verse with a ghost of a smile in her face, looking bitter and yet almost fond. As the chorus progressed, Anja's melancholia increased as whatever smile faded from her expression, with her vocal delivery becoming more intense as she began to step back. At the fourth line of the verse, the spotlight shined with an even greater intensity coinciding with her belting out that line, almost crouching but remaining steady.

Each step was painful for me
But no matter what, I always found a way to live
I won't fall down, I won't die
It sounds stupid, but I'll face myself head on

At the second half of the verse, Anja sounded especially fragile on the fifth line, looking away from the camera as the line between performer and the inner emotions in her began to blur. However, the raw power that she had to deliver would only serve to be amplified by the emotions she was wearing on her sleeve. At the rest of the lines, she executed them all with powerful belts at the end, unleashing an impassioned and gritty voice that was not seen in her previous World Hit Festival appearance. From the controlled atmosphere of the first half of the second verse, Anja began to let her emotions take the wheel as she couldn't bear to look at the camera. At each belt, her eyes closed as the camera then focused on side, but close views. The instrumentation began to get more intense, the piano building to a climax as the same haunting chorus melody appeared.

I've learned to love the parts of me I hate
To confront every wrongdoing I've done
To face the lies and every due I owe
I'm unfixable, but I accept that

Anja began to step forward as much as she could, given that she was on Island Two. She looked up to the spot light as if speaking to the heavens, in which the camera then faded to an angled bird's eye view. Despite the heartbreak in her more powerful tone, a glint of hope appeared in Anja's eyes as she sang this hook. Even as she may be breaking apart, there was a hope that self-acceptance can truly seep through. By the end of the hook, she faced the audience directly, with the camera fading to a side view.

I have to be broken

For this chorus, Anja stomped around Island Two before having to almost kneel down from the raw power that she was belting out the song with. She carried herself with a far greater intensity, singing the words with a far greater conviction instead of just saying them when she sang the first time. Like an anthem, each of these lyrics became realizations that Anja slowly began to accept. At times, her voice cracked from the raw intensity of it all. The instrumentation reflected the nigh-climactic atmosphere, a stomping beat added to the song creating an atmosphere of a mutuality of pain. At the end of the chorus, the beats disappeared in time for the bridge, and Anja was on her knees.

It's hard, being honest with yourself
It's tough, but I need these lessons
It hurts, so much, but this is what life teaches
Only now, can I forgive myself

Anja was breathing heavily, a pleading tone to her voice as it was on its last straits for the performance. The camera focused on close-ups from the neck up, fading to views from afar at times. She enunciated each line clearly, with her expression betraying the inner turmoil she was experiencing as she sang each one. Each rang with a truth she needed to confront, and this was the moment where a traitor tear began to leak out from Anja's right eye. At the third line, Anja looked up to the spotlight again, with her tears becoming more visible. Despite the tears, Anja put her all in maintaining her vocal fidelity. At the last line, Anja sang looking down, raising a hand up at the bridge's end and holding 'forgive myself...'

I have to be broken

At the start of the final chorus, Anja sang a whistle note as the background chorus sang the first line in place. She put every single ounce of vocal technique and emotionality into that note, her body pushed to its limits as she almost lost track of the song's tempo for a second to take a brief rest as she had held it slightly longer than the studio version. She closed out the chorus with the same intensity as before. At the third line, with the instrumentation receding from its beat-driven intensity, she stood up as the camera focused on her. At the last 'to heal,' she sang it with a broken-ness that went soft in tone, and it was the parting vocal note of the song.

With a deep piano chord, the lights went off and the entry was finished. Anja looked up to the ceiling as she finished, grabbing the trophy and holding it up high with her free arm. Much like previous Izmeduan winners before her, this moment was immortalized through a choice snapshot of it. Despite the ordeals and the personal trials that she faced, for once, she has a victory behind her back.

"I love you all," Anja said to the audience.

I may be broken... But I've always risen up. This time, I mean it.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:43 pm

1st Izmedu 26
2nd Mercedini 25
3rd Norjihan 23
4th Komarov-Thomiya 21
5th Britonisea 20

6th Kalosia 15
7th Todlichebujoku 14