NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Condemn Ninja Pirate awesome town

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fuaidh Mor
Attaché

Founded: Oct 24, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Fuaidh Mor » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:17 pm

But harassment is against the regs anyhow and so still not our domain but that of the mods.

In reality the person behind this tide of puppets is totally self centered and should be d'ted if possible, or ignored if not.

Shiny badge he ain't.

Potato World
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Fuaidh Mor wrote:But harassment is against the regs anyhow and so still not our domain but that of the mods.

In reality the person behind this tide of puppets is totally self centered and should be d'ted if possible, or ignored if not.

Shiny badge he ain't.

The founder was already banned, but many puppets remain, some of which did some of these deeds. Some spam nations haven't been confirmed yet to be puppets. I am aware of one specific nation who spammed us once, but hasn't spammed since, and only got a warning.

Also, keep in mind that the founder was specifically banned for his harassment. Before being banned, a few puppets were confirmed to be his. However, I know that some other puppetmaster nations still exist. I know of at least 1 at the time.
Last edited by Potato World on Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Brettius XVIII, Grand Ruler of The Bountiful Fields of Potato World; World Assembly Delegate for Imperium Sine Fine

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Like many others, I understand why the author of this proposal deems it worthy of a condemnation ... however, I don't believe that illegal actions (spam, harassment) should be grounds for a condemnation. As has been discussed previously, the proposal is weak and is borderline illegal as it breaks one of the three rules regarding SC proposals.

My vote is against.

Krioval wrote:As delegate for the only commended region in the universe, I cast our region's vote in favor of this resolution. The more condemnations that are issued, the better* that Antarctic Oasis begins to look. And that might make people spend more time basking in our...something.
* or worse, it's all the same to me, so long as people are paying attention to me**
** Speaking of which, have you considered condemning me? Or commending me? Or moving to Antarctic Oasis and endorsing me as delegate? You know you want to.

Perhaps I should condemn you for taking the AO delegacy by "non-traditional" means, as your election lacked the now-standard "Delegate Candidate Challenge" ? Or perhaps I should condemn you for barely being around when I acceded to your wishes and brought back ULC to the WA? Or ... Hrm. I'll keep thinking on this one ...

Yours,
Ambassador Lizzy Hall
Leader of the Doctoral Monkey Feet of Mousebumples
WA Delegate for Monkey Island
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Floreria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Floreria » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:28 pm

I can't bring myself to condemn a region in the process of being flooded with loathsome raiders.

Even if I would have done so otherwise.
Last edited by Floreria on Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -9.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.90

My nation's technological information
I have no powers. I mean, unless you count the power to blow minds with my weapons-grade philosophical insights. I'm a thought-o-coster, I'm a conundrummer in a band called Lifepuzzler.

Joshuahood
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Joshuahood » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:29 pm

Floreria wrote:I can't bring myself to condemn a region in the process of being flooded with loathsome raiders.

Hey! Who are you calling loathsome?
Romulus Dion-Capulet Diablessa Potentia, Son of Elindra Kshrlmnt and Avakael Diablessa. Proud Grandson of Heras Savaer Dion
Former WA Delegate of Unknown
Raids participated in (regardless of outcome): 26

Savaer
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Savaer » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:19 pm

Floreria wrote:I can't bring myself to condemn a region in the process of being flooded with loathsome raiders.

Even if I would have done so otherwise.

We could always reduce the puppet count, you know. Likely won't but, you know...it's an option :P

That aside, why not? Can't stand puppet flooders. Someone thought it'd be smart to do that with my region.
When night falls, expect there to be blood,
As night falls, expect there to be fear,
When night has fallen, embrace the screams of your foes,
For that is when Cruor shall speak to you.

Heras Terminus Altima Savaer,
Cruor-spawned blood-winged angel of Unknown,

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tzorsland » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:10 am

Looking at the delegate vote tally I see Ananke II voting in favor ... why am I not surprised? :palm:

Where are the real feeder delegates when you need them? When push comes to shove, they are never around!

Anyone want to puppet flood Imperium Sine Fine for shits and giggles? Or better yet invade that miserable 6 nation excuse for a region? From the RMB it looks like Potato World holds an almost facist grip on the WA delegates there, whipping his ... uh less than half a dozen ... delegates to do his bidding.
"A spindizzy going sour makes the galaxy's most unnerving noise!"
"Cruise lightspeed smooth and slient with this years sleek NEW Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator."
AKA Retired WerePenguins Frustrated Franciscans Blue Booted Bobbies A Running Man Dirty Americans

Mad Sheep Railgun
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2009
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mad Sheep Railgun » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:30 am

Tzorsland wrote:Anyone want to puppet flood Imperium Sine Fine for shits and giggles? Or better yet invade that miserable 6 nation excuse for a region?

That might break the DramaMeter™.

This situation is highly entertaining and comical in the extreme. We have a region called Ninja Pirate awesome town :rofl: being condemned for spamming and puppeteering by a borderline illegal resolution. Now their founder has been deleted and they've been raided. People would pay to see mayhem like this! I can't think of a better way to spend valuable SC time. Please, let's have more of this.
OOC puppet of Yelda

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:43 am

For future reference, the usual way to get a mod's attention when there are questions on the legality of a proposal is to post it in Moderation.

I'm opposed for the same reasons as Sedge. The way to deal with spammers is to report them, and to keep reporting them. Eventually, they'll get deleted or they'll stop.

The SC is not here to replace the mods. When we're not using them to make political statements, backhanded compliments, or jokes, Condemnations exist to express our disapproval of things that are legal, but upsetting. Spam is illegal and upsetting. Puppet flooding is legal and not terribly upsetting as long as they stick to their own region(s). Neither activity deserves the world's attention nor an entry into the WA records for all eternity.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:12 am

OOC (just to be sure): The best way to report an illegal proposal is through a GHR, as WA proposals deal with issues gameside (rather than forumside).

Naivetry
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Naivetry » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:24 am

Krioval wrote:OOC (just to be sure): The best way to report an illegal proposal is through a GHR, as WA proposals deal with issues gameside (rather than forumside).

Reporting one that is illegal, yes. But I've seen a number of requests in Moderation for clarification when the legal status of a proposal is uncertain, so it can be opened up for discussion...

Begnion Senate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Begnion Senate » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:43 am

Potato World wrote:
Begnion Senate wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:This is a trivial resolution, and does not deserve to pass.

I second the notion, this region has not committed anything against game regulations. However, I will reconsider if someone can give me hard evidence of the harassment performed by the region in question.

I personally experienced the harassment, from two separate nations. They constantly messaged me. I asked them to stop, and they continued. According to game rules, that is harassment.

How exactly did they harass you, do you have an exact quote?

Begnion Senate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Begnion Senate » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:46 am

Mad Sheep Railgun wrote:
That might break the DramaMeter™.

This situation is highly entertaining and comical in the extreme. We have a region called Ninja Pirate awesome town :rofl: being condemned for spamming and puppeteering by a borderline illegal resolution. Now their founder has been deleted and they've been raided. People would pay to see mayhem like this! I can't think of a better way to spend valuable SC time. Please, let's have more of this.

He has a point :clap: , I thought this resolution was a joke when I saw it as a proposal. :rofl:

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:51 am

Now their founder has been deleted and they've been raided. People would pay to see mayhem like this! I can't think of a better way to spend valuable SC time. Please, let's have more of this.

Wait till next season when we liberate them and the repeal the liberation right before sweeps!

Only on WASC - Train-Wreck-Television.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Begnion Senate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Begnion Senate » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Begnion Senate wrote:
Potato World wrote:
Begnion Senate wrote:

I second the notion, this region has not committed anything against game regulations. However, I will reconsider if someone can give me hard evidence of the harassment performed by the region in question.

I personally experienced the harassment, from two separate nations. They constantly messaged me. I asked them to stop, and they continued. According to game rules, that is harassment.

Would someone please answer my question?

Potato World
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Potato World » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:28 pm

Begnion Senate wrote:
Begnion Senate wrote:
Potato World wrote:
Begnion Senate wrote:

Would someone please answer my question?

I don't have an exact quote, as the telegram is long gone after clearing out messages, but I can tell you what I personally remember.

One region member that was a puppet of another nation was criticizing my grammar in my region posts and my replies to him when he was in my region (when I wasn't sure if he was a puppet). Eventually, he kept on sending me those messages criticizing the grammar, and I politely asked him to stop after a few times. He then sends a message much. You get the point. I tell him again to stop, he continues. Other accounts in the region also spammed me like this.
Last edited by Potato World on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Brettius XVIII, Grand Ruler of The Bountiful Fields of Potato World; World Assembly Delegate for Imperium Sine Fine

Begnion Senate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Begnion Senate » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:56 pm

Potato World wrote:One clone kept on criticizing my grammar over and over again. Asked to stop a few times, didn't listen.

The former leader of the region didn't believe that we were going to condemn them, and constantly sent clones to spam our message boards with messages such as "LETTER!!!!" or "SPAM!!!!" stretched over long distances. He also personally sent me a large spam telegram, that said "letter" over a long distance.

We asked them many times to stop the spam and harassment, and they just kept on ignoring us, forming new spam nations, making them join us, spam our message boards, at which point we'd kick and ban them, then they'd create a new one, and the cycle repeats.

In addition, I've heard from other members that the region tried to recruit them by claiming that they'd get extra rewards for their region such as a boost in a category they were weak in, as long as they joined the region.

Lots of other stuff not on the top of my head at this time, but you get the point.

STOP THE PRESSES! HE CRITICIZED HIS GRAMMAR! :o Wow, we all know that sending pointless messages isn't a federal offense. Why don't you just password protect your region to protect against spammers, your region only has 7 nations anyway. WOW, what a dose of common sense.

Begnion Senate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Begnion Senate » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:58 pm

Potato World wrote:One region member that was a puppet of another nation was criticizing my grammar in my region posts and my replies to him when he was in my region (when I wasn't sure if he was a puppet). Eventually, he kept on sending me those messages criticizing the grammar, and I politely asked him to stop after a few times. He then sends a message much. You get the point. I tell him again to stop, he continues. Other accounts in the region also spammed me like this.

You could always add them to ignore list. However, I understand how this could be annoying. Why not contact a moderator instead of getting us all involved?

Refute977
Civilian

Founded: Apr 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

a telegram i received

Postby Refute977 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:13 pm

the mudkipland just sent me this telegram:
"To the nations of Imperium Sine Fine:
On behalf of all the nations in Ninja Pirate awesome town, I would like to issue an apology to the nation-states of Imperium Sine Fine. As you know, our founder, also one of the puppet masters, Doofenia, has been banned for spamming. The problem has been resolved, and there is no further reason to beat up on our region. As you probably also know, our region has been invaded by a group of raiders, and they are banning many of the few nations that are NOT puppets that are left. We have enough problems to deal with already, and this bill is making our job much more difficult. I would like to kindly ask for the bill, condemning Ninja Pirate awesome town, to be repealed. Can their be a truce?"

Begnion Senate
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Begnion Senate » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:22 pm

Refute977 wrote:the mudkipland just sent me this telegram:
On behalf of all the nations in Ninja Pirate awesome town, I would like to issue an apology to the nation-states of Imperium Sine Fine. As you know, our founder, also one of the puppet masters, Doofenia, has been banned for spamming. The problem has been resolved, and there is no further reason to beat up on our region. As you probably also know, our region has been invaded by a group of raiders, and they are banning many of the few nations that are NOT puppets that are left. We have enough problems to deal with already, and this bill is making our job much more difficult. I would like to kindly ask for the bill, condemning Ninja Pirate awesome town, to be repealed. Can their be a truce?"

Now we know the whole region didn't support the actions of a few certain puppetmasters. You can't condemn a whole region just because of the actions of a few certain nations.

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:11 pm

Begnion Senate wrote:
Refute977 wrote:the mudkipland just sent me this telegram:

Now we know the whole region didn't support the actions of a few certain puppetmasters. You can't condemn a whole region just because of the actions of a few certain nations.

"The Whole Region" is very likely all puppets.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:15 pm

You know who else looks like a puppet? The guy who posted that message.

Suspicious, if you ask me.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:33 pm

It has a good basis, but how about including the other regions, like the Pacific Regions, and probably Lazerus. Nothing against them, but they are good places to hide nations.
Also, as long as they aren't including more than one nation per person in the WA, what they're doing is perfectly legal.
Perhaps this resolution should concern itself more with the things that these puppet nations are doing, not the fact that they exist.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Metania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 31, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Metania » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:34 pm

A mean old man wrote:You know who else looks like a puppet? The guy who posted that message.

Suspicious, if you ask me.

Indeed. It would seem all too clean and fake to me; tired of seeing the WA getting duped by fake messages, I can only be annoyed to find the lemmings to be voting for this borderline illegal proposal.
Determination Overcomes Adversity
Jul

Merlinus II
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

[AT VOTE] Condemn Ninja Pirate awesome town

Postby Merlinus II » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:46 pm

It seems to this reader as though you have two distinct issues:

The first is how Ninja Pirates is playing the game, generally. Were I you, I would make these concerns known in a "General Objections" clause.

The second is the way Ninja Pirates is playing the game against yourself. I would make these objections known in a "Specific Objections" clause.

This may well help strengthen your cause with a passable Bill to Condemn. As the bill has come to vote, this may help in your next cause! :)

M
Regards, etc.
M
HRH Merlinus II
President, The Independent Democratic Alliance
Visit My Realm!
Visit My Region!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives