NATION

PASSWORD

A New Dawn Rebooted {IC|Open|Sign-Up in OOC}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

A New Dawn Rebooted {IC|Open|Sign-Up in OOC}

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:19 am

A New Dawn Rebooted

There are no such things as monsters. One thing that we are all told as children by our parents. No monsters under the bed, or hiding in the closet. Just our imagination. Of course you probably have figured out what I am going to say next. All those monsters that we were told aren't real, well... they are real. Now of course the next question is naturally, well what about legends and myths? Logically with monsters being real, so are myths and legends right? Yes and no. Some legends are true to the letter, but some have been exaggerated.

Of course, another question might be raised, how would I know this? What proof is there to support my claim? To answer these, first you need a little history. In ancient times, the world of men and the supernatural was intertwined, but over time the two worlds separated. Human looked towards more "logical" answers to the world, and as such the world of the supernatural became more and more myth. But there always remained a small number of humans that kept connected to both the worlds. The majority of these humans are magically gifted, simply referred to as mages. More about mages later.

However, the world of humans and the supernatural did collide in recent history, all due to the actions of one mage, Ayla Zwahlen. In 1901, Ayla would cause a certain type of event known in the supernatural world as a Time-Break. This event would become known as the Liechtenstien Incident after the fact. To this day, because of the Time-Break not much is known about what exactly happened, but a few things of importance are still known. All that is known boils down to one fact, this incident was responsible for the reshaping of the supernatural world and to some extent, the world of humans.

The Liechtenstein Incident called for the Grand Council, the Shadow Court, the Church and the world's superpowers at the time to set aside their differences and unite against Ayla Zwahlen. When the incident was finished, a new organization stood bridging the world of humans and the world of the supernatural. This organization was called, the International Ministry of Supernatural Affairs or just I.M.O.S.A. However over time, knowledge of the supernatural world return to a similar level as it was prior to the Liechtenstein Incident.

This lost of knowledge would lead to less funding for I.M.O.S.A, which would drive them to the edge of disbanding. But, just when they reached what looked like the end, the world called for their aid. The Axis had delved into the supernatural, and the leaders of the Allied nations rediscovered I.M.O.S.A. When the war ended and the UN was founded, I.M.O.S.A thought that they would just fade away again. But that wasn't the case.

The UN and it's founding nations, made sure that they would never forget about I.M.O.S.A. As such I.M.O.S.A grew in the shadow of the human world, and became the most powerful organization in the supernatural world. It would pull the Grand Council into its control, found many different facilities with the goal to protect both the supernatural world and the human world.

It is now the autumn of 2052, and the supernatural world and human world is on course for the dawn of a new age.

OP: Faal Lot Himdah
CO-OP(s): TBD

Northern Rockies
Shadow Citadel Penitentiary, Deepest Level
Shadow Citadel Guards

“Are you sure she can’t get out?” Bella Payne asked. Bella was an average height, english woman with jet black hair and a fit build. She had spent a few years working as an I.M.O.S.A field agent, and was recently reposted to act as a guard at the Shadow Citadel. Despite being nothing but a regular human, she had been assigned to guard a single cell. The deepest cell. The cell of the Witch of the Black Sun.

The cell of the Witch of the Black Sun was quite unique. It had multiple layers. The first layer would be outermost layer being the newest layer. That outermost layer was what the guards were in now, patrolling and making sure no one breaks in or out. From a command centre in this layer, guards could watch live footage into other layers, and monitor the situation. There was only one entry way between the first and second layer, a large black door that radiated magic, was covered in ancient runes, and had what looked to be a complex locking mechanism.

Beyond the black door was the assumed second layer, a hollow sphere, with a single black box the size of a large room in the center, secured by chains coming from the walls and connecting to each corner of the box. Like the Black door, the chains and box were covered in ancient runes and radiated magic, but in such quantity that it caused the air around it to distort slightly. The hollow room was not empty though, if one was to enter, they would feel eyes on them, as something or many somethings lurked in the shadows. Beyond the black box, was what was assumed to be the actual cell, but maybe there was more layers with in. No one knew.

“She’s been in there longer than this Penitentiary.” Her fellow guard spoke. He was simply known to everyone as Talon. He was pale as snow, completely bald, and with a large scar over his right eye. But what was most important about Talon was, well, he was a Vampire. “And I should know. Though I don’t remember who sealed her in there. No need to worry.”

“It’s just that… it doesn’t seem like enough security. How many guards, like one hundred?” Bella asked and looked at Talon.

“Actually one hundred and fifty.”

“Still, take that and the amount of other measures in place… It just doesn’t seem like enough.” She said, “If she is as powerful as the stories claim, then I would think she can get out any time she wants.”

“Assuming that the sealing was done by a mage less powerful than her. But, as you can see, magic radiating at such intensity that it distorts the air. That and the runes. No human mage is capable of doing such work. Heck, the only thing strong enough I can think of is a god level being. And if that isn’t enough, she’ll have to find the exit if she gets into this layer, and by then… well, we nuke ourselves.”

“Nuke ourselves?”

Talon nodded and pointed to a big red button, “If she ever gets out and we are unable to stop her, we are to hit that button, which will trigger a nuke to explode in a specialized chamber, causing no damage. However the chamber will then flood this level with all the energy produced by the nuke, killing all of us, and her.”

“And that will kill her?”

Talon paused, “I can’t say. It’s not really something we can test now is it.”

“True.”

“Anyway, shall we get going.” Talon said and turned for the door, “We just started your tour, still plenty to show y--”

Talon froze when he saw it, behind Bella, a masked being had appeared. Why did Talon freeze, well because he couldn’t sense what it was or figure out how it got in. The freeze only lasted for a second before Talon pulled out his pistol. “Bella, step back right now.”

“Why? Is there something behind me?” Bella asked with a tilted head and then turned to look behind her. “Oh so there is. And I’ve just remembered something… I’ve been dead since yesterday.”

With that Bella dropped to the ground and then turned to dust.

“What are you?” Talon said and pointed the gun at the masked being. “You aren’t supposed to be down here. Answer or I will shoot.”

The being just tilted its head and walked up to the controls. Talon’s hands were shaking as he watched it. What was it? It scared him, a vampire, one of the strongest types of supernatural being, one type that rarely got scared. And yet, this thing terrified him. But he had to stop it. So he pulled the trigger, and watched as the masked being catch the bullet with its fingers.

The masked being then crushed the bullet and turned to a specific part of the controls. The big red button.

“No. No.” Talon said, figuring out what was happening. He reached for his radio and spoke into it. “ALL GUARDS EVACUATE. THE COMMAND CENTRE HAS BEEN BREACHED. JUST GET O-- NO!!”

With that the being pushed the button. The entire level was flooded with nuclear energy, vaporizing all the guards. But the masked being remained. It disabled the rest of the defences, and started moving through the halls. With the area all irradiated, no guards would come, so the masked being took its time.

When it arrived at the Black door, it took its time to open the door. When the door opened, it activated a magic bridge and headed to the black box, and entered it. A few moments later, the black box exploded open, and the Witch of the Black Sun walked free, with the masked figure to her side. A portal was opened, and they stepped through.

A new day was dawning, a new war, the Black Sun would rise.

Fonte Boa
State of Amazonas, Brazil
Éloi Hardouin

“He should be here.” Éloi said to himself. He looked beside him at Marielle and offered his hand for her to hold, “Mari, stay close to me. Someone who knew father before he disappeared should be somewhere here. Whoever he is really tried to hide as best he can… so something must have happened to father.”

With that Éloi began walking, looking for a certain house. After about a couple hours, he found it. The reason it took so long, other than distance was that Éloi was expecting it to be hidden with some magic, but it wasn’t it was just in plain sight.

“Here we are…” Éloi said and then looked to Marielle, “Shall we go find out what happened to father?”

Arashihana Temple, Near Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Miu Arashihana

Why was she called here? That’s the main thing that was running through Miu’s head as she sat down on her knees in a certain room of the Arashihana Temple. Behind the paper wall she was facing she saw movement. Her father likely, she figured as she watched the figure sit down. She bowed her head for a moment before looking up again.

“Miu.” It was her father, “I know you’d rather be with Shi right now. But this is too important to wait for. The war is coming once again.”

“What war father?” Miu asked, even though she did have an idea about which one.

“The Black Sun War.” Her father said and sighed, “It’s still only a rumour among the Eight and the leaders of I.M.O.S.A, but the Witch of the Black Sun has escaped.”

“What would you have me do father?”

“For now, remain patient for they are only rumours. Continue protecting Shi. Wait for a call to arms, you and Shi will be needed if the rumours turn out to be true. Now, go. Go be with Shi. But don’t tell him about this, it's best not to worry that boy.”

Miu bowed her head again, “I understand.” She said, stood up and left the room. She walked around until she found Shi.

“Hey Shi.” She said with a smile

Times Square, New York City
New York, U.S.A
Merlin

“The city that never sleeps…” A certain white haired person said to himself as he walked through Times Square. He looked up at the sky, at the Rift sitting just above New York. It was small, smaller than any other Rift, so small that only a few beings would have been able to detect it. And it just so happened that he was one of those beings. In fact, it was that Rift that attracted his attention to New York. It was this Rift that brought Merlin to New York. “And never stops growing apparently.”

Small Rifts like this opened up all the time and closed just as often. The type of energy they leaked would tell someone like Merlin everything he needed to know about them. Usually he’d just pop by the location of these new Rifts upon detecting them and then determine if they were dangerous or safe. Normally they were safe, well, safe enough to leave to I.M.O.S.A to deal with. But this one, upon arriving in New York he felt something off about it. So he stayed. Merlin had been in New York for a few days now.

A few days was all he needed. Merlin observed, and gathered as much information as possible. Now he knew exactly why that Rift was bothering him. And what bothered him brought a smirk to his face. It was something new. Something he’d never faced before. The next day was all about planning.

Now, wandering through Times Square, he was ready to put his plan into motion. He glanced around and slipped on what looked to be a simple ring. He then mumbled something under his breath, and the enchantment on the ring activated. The ring was to act like a beacon, taking some of Merlin’s magic energy and releasing it as a pulse after altering it slightly. If Merlin was right, the energy would be undetectable to all but a few types of beings. Those being the things that came from the new Rift, and only those things.

Or that is what he thought. Unknown to Merlin, but the pulse also was detectable by those of angelic origin.

“Come on… bite…” Merlin said to himself as he walked.

Oh.. Kinky.

Oh shut up. Let me focus.

I don’t know why you insist on sending these things back… or that they are even real since we have never seen them.

Oh they're real. Could you not feel their presence, their strength, and their sinister aura? They have to be stopped.

Sure, but we’ve never seen th--

Sssh. They’ve bit. And don’t you dare say what you are thinking.

Fine.

With that Merlin continued walking, and left Times Square. Step one of his plan had been complete. Step two was underway.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:15 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Fonte Boa
Éloi Hardouin

“He should be here.” Éloi said to himself. He looked beside him at Marielle and offered his hand for her to hold, “Mari, stay close to me. Someone who knew father before he disappeared should be somewhere here. Whoever he is really tried to hide as best he can… so something must have happened to father.”

With that Éloi began walking, looking for a certain house. After about a couple hours, he found it. The reason it took so long, other than distance was that Éloi was expecting it to be hidden with some magic, but it wasn’t it was just in plain sight.

“Here we are…” Éloi said and then looked to Marielle, “Shall we go find out what happened to father?”
"Okay," Marielle replied, distantly happy as always despite the fact that she had been walking for hours. She never did seem to be upset at all. Well... that wasn't quite true. She had moments, moments where the contentment and joy faded, full of screaming and tears and pain. At that very minute, however, she still smiled, still looked at the world around her with complete peace and happiness in her eyes.

Bizarrely enough, she also carried a doll in her arms.

"I can't wait to see Father again," she said for what must have been the thousandth time over the past few years. "It's been so long... He's never seen Ange, I want him to see her... I want to hug him again. Do you think we'll really find him this time, Eloi?" She paused briefly. "What a silly question," she chided herself in her eternally-gentle voice. "Of course we will. Because you're so smart, I'm sure we'll find him. It's a good thing that you're here, Eloi. If I was here by myself, I'd probably forget something important, but you're good at remembering things. I guess that's why you're the one who does all the important work," she added with a smile. "You're much better at it than I would be. And it's nice of you to let me help... even though I'm not very good at keeping track of everything. It's all so complicated..."

Marielle's life was simple. It revolved around her family. If her family was happy, she was happy. That was all that really mattered to her. The rest of the world, with its complex problems and constant troubles, wasn't something she really understood, or wanted to. She was perfectly content to live her quiet little life, to grow old and eventually die without anyone ever really noticing, as long as she was surrounded by the people she loved.

One of those people had been missing for a long time, though. Hopefully this time they would be able to bring him back.
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Times Square, New York City
New York, U.S.A
Merlin

“The city that never sleeps…” A certain white haired person said to himself as he walked through Times Square. He looked up at the sky, at the Rift sitting just above New York. It was small, smaller than any other Rift, so small that only a few beings would have been able to detect it. And it just so happened that he was one of those beings. In fact, it was that Rift that attracted his attention to New York. It was this Rift that brought Merlin to New York. “And never stops growing apparently.”

Small Rifts like this opened up all the time and closed just as often. The type of energy they leaked would tell someone like Merlin everything he needed to know about them. Usually he’d just pop by the location of these new Rifts upon detecting them and then determine if they were dangerous or safe. Normally they were safe, well, safe enough to leave to I.M.O.S.A to deal with. But this one, upon arriving in New York he felt something off about it. So he stayed. Merlin had been in New York for a few days now.

A few days was all he needed. Merlin observed, and gathered as much information as possible. Now he knew exactly why that Rift was bothering him. And what bothered him brought a smirk to his face. It was something new. Something he’d never faced before. The next day was all about planning.

Now, wandering through Times Square, he was ready to put his plan into motion. He glanced around and slipped on what looked to be a simple ring. He then mumbled something under his breath, and the enchantment on the ring activated. The ring was to act like a beacon, taking some of Merlin’s magic energy and releasing it as a pulse after altering it slightly. If Merlin was right, the energy would be undetectable to all but a few types of beings. Those being the things that came from the new Rift, and only those things.

Or that is what he thought. Unknown to Merlin, but the pulse also was detectable by those of angelic origin.

“Come on… bite…” Merlin said to himself as he walked.

Oh.. Kinky.

Oh shut up. Let me focus.

I don’t know why you insist on sending these things back… or that they are even real since we have never seen them.

Oh they're real. Could you not feel their presence, their strength, and their sinister aura? They have to be stopped.

Sure, but we’ve never seen th--

Sssh. They’ve bit. And don’t you dare say what you are thinking.

Fine.

With that Merlin continued walking, and left Times Square. Step one of his plan had been complete. Step two was underway.
She took a step forwards, and then another, barely cognizant of her own frantic pleas. He was leaving. He was walking away and leaving her alone again, just like they all had. She couldn't stand it anymore, every time she was alone those whispers in her mind started again and the idea of finding a nice, tall building to jump off of became more and more appealing, because it would make it all stop.

She wanted it to stop. The constant cycle of hope and inevitable despair as she realized yet again that it was over, the brief period of respite was over and she was back to frantic attempts to silence the cruelty of her own mind for even a minute.

Well, that one's gone. What are you going to do now? Go find yourself another? After this long, you'd think you'd have realized by now--

I know. I know. Please, just stop telling me that, I don't need to hear it again.

Well, clearly you do, since you still haven't learned anything. How pathetic can you be? If you're so desperate, you know there's always the more permanent option.

...It would be nice, to not have to live like this anymore.

And without something like you in it, the world would be a lot better, don't you think?

So--

No, stop. I think... something is...

What was that? She'd never felt anything like it before. Something was pulling at her--drawing her to it. She didn't bother to dry the tears still falling, they didn't seem important anymore. Every thought had been replaced by ones urging her to go, follow that strange feeling, find where it was coming from. Some small part of her mind still realized how strange it was, knew that just going to investigate would be a foolish idea--but the rest of it was filled with that sense of need. She needed to follow. Whatever was making her feel that way was important, it was good, she thought.

She didn't even realize she had started walking until the sensation overwhelmed her, her eyes locking on someone who didn't appear to be much older than her. He wasn't doing anything special, just walking. Yet...

She felt like she needed to talk to him, to make herself known. It was completely bizarre--what on earth was even happening, why did she feel so completely drawn to him?

The aching need pulsed through her again, and she felt another tear falling. Was that it? Was that why she had been brought here? She couldn't think of any other good reason. Will you stay with me?

She couldn't breathe, couldn't move. The feeling kept pulsing through her entire body, making her want to go closer, but part of her still held back.

She just stood there, staring, and waiting. For what, she didn't know. But it was something important.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:19 am

On the Move, New York City
New York, U.S.A
Merlin

It's working. was all Merlin could think as he continued to walk. He felt their presence, monsters from another dimension, experts at hiding in plain sight. But he felt them. And he knew that they wanted him dead. This plan was perfect, they'd follow him to a location away from regular humans, then he could safely banish them back to where they came, and then close the Rift. Little did Merlin know, but something else was following him. Normally he would have felt the presence of a Nephil, but right now such an ability was overwhelmed by the presence of the monsters, Merlin's magic beacon and his excitement.

Eventually he turned down an alley, that wasn't on any map. A reality bubble, created by Merlin. It was undetectable to normal humans. While still technically being on the Earth, it occupied parallel space making it a place where banishing beings through the Rift would be easier, as well as easier to close the Rift. Anyways, the alley opened up into a round open area. Merlin stopped walking once he reached the centre of the area, closed his eyes and waited for all the monsters to enter. They wouldn't attack him until they were all there, they knew that they needed as many of them as possible if they had any hope at taking Merlin down.

So Merlin waited.

Fonte Boa
Éloi Hardouin

Éloi just looked at his sister, as he did so very often. She was so... so innocent that it always gave him a bad feeling in the gut. How could she still be so innocent. He wanted to tell her, but how could he. So he just smiled, hiding the internal conflict and pain.

"I can't lie to you." He started, "Father is probably not here. But the person here may know where we can look for him. And if he doesn't... remember what father used to say, We never truely lose anything, we just misplace it. I can say this for certain. You'll get to hug father once more, I swear that to you."

With that he turned and made his way to the door. He was getting ready to knock when the door opened a crack, and a single green eye peaked around from the other side.

"Who you?" The mam behind the door said. "Answer Answer. Not got all day."

"Éloi Hardouin. You must b--" Éloi said

"Hardouin. Hardouin." The man said again, "What Hardouin want? Wait wait. Éloi. Sound familar. Éloi. Éloi. Oh yes yes. Vilhelm's boy yes yes?"

"Yes."

"Oh... okay. Go away." The man said before closing the door and locking it.

Éloi took a moment and looked back at Marielle. "That was unexpected..."

The door unlocked and opened again slightly, causing Éloi to look once again at the green eye. "Hardouin not gone. Why not gone? Go Go. Sojor no talk to Vilhelm's boy."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:08 pm

Éloi Hardouin

Éloi just looked at his sister, as he did so very often. She was so... so innocent that it always gave him a bad feeling in the gut. How could she still be so innocent. He wanted to tell her, but how could he. So he just smiled, hiding the internal conflict and pain.

"I can't lie to you." He started, "Father is probably not here. But the person here may know where we can look for him. And if he doesn't... remember what father used to say, We never truely lose anything, we just misplace it. I can say this for certain. You'll get to hug father once more, I swear that to you."

With that he turned and made his way to the door. He was getting ready to knock when the door opened a crack, and a single green eye peaked around from the other side.

"Who you?" The mam behind the door said. "Answer Answer. Not got all day."

"Éloi Hardouin. You must b--" Éloi said

"Hardouin. Hardouin." The man said again, "What Hardouin want? Wait wait. Éloi. Sound familar. Éloi. Éloi. Oh yes yes. Vilhelm's boy yes yes?"

"Yes."

"Oh... okay. Go away." The man said before closing the door and locking it.

Éloi took a moment and looked back at Marielle. "That was unexpected..."

The door unlocked and opened again slightly, causing Éloi to look once again at the green eye. "Hardouin not gone. Why not gone? Go Go. Sojor no talk to Vilhelm's boy."
Marielle smiled at Eloi, but when the door opened, she simply stood back and looked at the eye peeking out through the crack, waiting. This man might tell them where to look for their father--she hadn't seen him in such a long time, she missed him--but any moment now they'd know where to go next. He knew their father, he said--he knows Father, he might know where to look--

Then the man shut the door in their faces, and locked it.

Marielle's eyes widened, and her grip on the doll in her arms tightened as she took in what had just happened.

He told us to go away. Why? Why won't he tell us where Father is? Why won't he even talk to us? I thought... I thought this time...

"Why?!" she burst out, when the man opened the door again. "Why won't you talk to us?" Her eyes filled with tears, and she closed them tightly, trying to keep from truly crying. "What did we do to you? We just want to find our father... We haven't seen him in years, we miss him... Why won't you tell us anything?!"
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:On the Move, New York City
New York, U.S.A
Merlin

It's working. was all Merlin could think as he continued to walk. He felt their presence, monsters from another dimension, experts at hiding in plain sight. But he felt them. And he knew that they wanted him dead. This plan was perfect, they'd follow him to a location away from regular humans, then he could safely banish them back to where they came, and then close the Rift. Little did Merlin know, but something else was following him. Normally he would have felt the presence of a Nephil, but right now such an ability was overwhelmed by the presence of the monsters, Merlin's magic beacon and his excitement.

Eventually he turned down an alley, that wasn't on any map. A reality bubble, created by Merlin. It was undetectable to normal humans. While still technically being on the Earth, it occupied parallel space making it a place where banishing beings through the Rift would be easier, as well as easier to close the Rift. Anyways, the alley opened up into a round open area. Merlin stopped walking once he reached the centre of the area, closed his eyes and waited for all the monsters to enter. They wouldn't attack him until they were all there, they knew that they needed as many of them as possible if they had any hope at taking Merlin down.

So Merlin waited.
The boy kept walking, and she followed. The farther away he went, the more she felt the aching feeling, the almost primal need to follow. At this point, she was barely even in control of her own actions--it was as if she wasn't even thinking, just doing, as the strange feeling compelled her.

He walked into an alley, and for a moment, her instincts took over, don't go in there, how stupid can you possibly be, but the feeling was just too powerful, drowning out all thoughts, all reason. She continued in, and found him in a more open area, simply standing there, as if he was waiting.

Was he waiting for her? Was that why this strange sensation was there? But then again, they'd never seen each other before--it didn't make any sense.

"Why did you bring me here?" she finally asked. She brought her hand up to her eyes for a moment, brushing away the tears from before, and simply waited for an answer. The feeling was definitely coming from him, she knew that. But why?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:26 pm

Reality Bubble, New York City
New York, U.S.A
Merlin

The plan was working. He felt their presence, they were almost all here. But then he heard the voice. A female voice, nothing like what he expected the monsters, which he called Time Eaters, to sound like. So, he turned around and faced the red headed woman. Merlin just stood there and looked at her, trying to figure out why she was there.

It's a woman.

I can see that.

Why is she here?

I don't know... Apparently I called her?

How?

The only thing I can think of is... the magic beacon...

I thought that beacon only attracted those Time Eaters.

It should only attract them... she's not a normal human as she was able to enter here...

Yeah, she's definitely not a human...

Yep, I sense it now... Nephil...

"Angelic blood. OH that's why." Merlin said to himself, "It seems the beacon also attracts those with angelic blood. That was not planned. Oh no. No. I must apologize, I didn't mean to attract you..."

He paused and looked around again before looking back at Charlotte, a bit of worry in his eye, "Listen to me. Very carefully come here, don't move to fast, or to slow. Just carefully. This place is currently full of monsters from beyond this world, that are ready to attack at a moments notice. Trust me, if you want to get out of here alive."

Fonte Boa
Éloi Hardouin

"To protect." The man from behind the door said, "You be Vilhelm's daughter yes yes? Vilhelm would want Sojor protect. For Vilhelm's blood safety, Sojor tell them go away. Now... Go Go."

As the man went to close the door, Éloi put his foot in the door. "Sojor is your name right? Please, what are you trying to protect us from?"

There was a pause, "Hardouin not leaving until Sojor tell?"

"Correct."

Sojor sighed and opened the door, fully revealling his face. His hunched back form waved the two in. "In, in. Can't tell in open. Tell in secret. Come come."

With that Éloi looked at his sister, and took her hand as they followed Sojor. Sojor locked the door behind them, and uncovered a trap door under a rug, "Come come. No one will hear down here. Come."

With that Sojor descended, followed by Éloi who at this point had a hand on his rapier. They came to an underground bunker, with many maps, journals and books scattered about.

"Okay Sojor." Éloi said, "What are you trying to protect us from?"

"Those who took Vilhelm." Sojor said, "Sojor was with him on that day. Bad day. Very bad day. They came. Attacked us. Took Vilhelm. Sojor escaped with others. Sojor saved as much research as Sojor could."

"Who came?"

"The bad people... very bad people. Scary people.... The Black Sun..."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Vatican City
Rome, Vatican City
The Watcher

To say she didn't like Rome would be an understatement. It was... It was a city of things she didn't understand. The Vatican City existed because the Pope was the representative of God on Earth, and enough people believed in that to prevent an Italian invasion. She didn't understand why people believed in this 'God' with such reverence, but she had never voiced such thoughts. But regardless, people believed, and enough people believed so that the Pope was able to keep this tiny, building and crowd filled country as his.

She'd flown in from Cuba yesterday, having completed her latest self-declared target, in that case a werewolf who wished to lead a supernatural coup in Russia. He was nowhere near organizing it, let alone staging it of course, but such threats were best eliminated before they even registered on any organisation's metaphorical radar.

She'd originally planned to go were-crocodile hunting in Australia, since it'd been quite some time since she'd checked to make sure everything was fine in that area, but her orders from the Order said otherwise. She was to report to the Niccoline Chapel in Rome with all haste. She'd never been summoned directly to Rome before, the Order preferring to handle their Turcopoles through their secondary HQ in Antakya rather than bringing them directly into the seat of their power. Obviously something had changed. Leadership changes, perhaps. It'd be the easiest explanation.

She weaved through the Vatican crowds with practiced ease, careful not to come into skin contact with other people. Some of the Order had described her feeling like a walking corpse, cold to the touch with none of the heat a real person would have inside, and it wouldn't do to out herself because of careless skin contact. She'd left her weapons in a hotel room provided by the Order, as she doubted any weapons she brought would help much if the Order decided to ambush her.

Getting into the Niccoline Chapel in the Apostolic Palace was surprisingly easy. She simply went into the Papal Museums along with the throngs of tourists, found a member of staff, said that she'd requested a private viewing of the Niccoline Chapel and gave her name as Sadi Vores, her current alias. The member of staff led her through the crowd to another member of staff sitting in a small office room hidden behind a door leading off from the main museums, who checked their computer to verify that she had actually requested such a viewing and then requested some ID, which she gave in the form of her passport. Armenian, this time. The man at the computer had simply nodded and stood, his colleague leaving and closing the door behind him before leading her on through another door.

They made their way through the winding and mostly empty corridors of the Apostolic Palace away from both government and tourists, eventually finding their way to the Niccoline Chapel. It was off the normal tourist route, and filled with art. She didn't understand art. It was just colours and shapes in a combination. She didn't see what was quite so special about it. Regardless, her escort left her with a silent nod, and she moved to sit on the front-most pew to wait for whoever was going to meet her.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:52 pm

Éloi Hardouin

"To protect." The man from behind the door said, "You be Vilhelm's daughter yes yes? Vilhelm would want Sojor protect. For Vilhelm's blood safety, Sojor tell them go away. Now... Go Go."

As the man went to close the door, Éloi put his foot in the door. "Sojor is your name right? Please, what are you trying to protect us from?"

There was a pause, "Hardouin not leaving until Sojor tell?"

"Correct."

Sojor sighed and opened the door, fully revealling his face. His hunched back form waved the two in. "In, in. Can't tell in open. Tell in secret. Come come."

With that Éloi looked at his sister, and took her hand as they followed Sojor. Sojor locked the door behind them, and uncovered a trap door under a rug, "Come come. No one will hear down here. Come."

With that Sojor descended, followed by Éloi who at this point had a hand on his rapier. They came to an underground bunker, with many maps, journals and books scattered about.

"Okay Sojor." Éloi said, "What are you trying to protect us from?"

"Those who took Vilhelm." Sojor said, "Sojor was with him on that day. Bad day. Very bad day. They came. Attacked us. Took Vilhelm. Sojor escaped with others. Sojor saved as much research as Sojor could."

"Who came?"

"The bad people... very bad people. Scary people.... The Black Sun..."
Marielle had listened intently up until the point that Sojor had spoken of the people who took Vilhelm. At this, a bright smile spread across her face, and she glanced over at Eloi happily. "You were right," she said contentedly. "I knew it. I knew he didn't leave us. But..." Eloi asked who had done it before she could, and when Sojor replied, her eyes widened, and her smile vanished.

"...Black... Sun?" she said, very quietly. Her grip on the doll she held tightened even further, and she appeared to be struggling to remember something. Where had she heard that name? She knew she'd heard it before. It was one of the things she forgot so easily, the things that just didn't register as important in her clouded mind. But hearing it now, connected with their father--it made her remember hearing it before, spoken of with dread. She tried to grasp the fragment of memory, to draw it out to the surface, but it vanished before she could, leaving her frustrated and confused. She'd been so close to remembering--why had she forgotten again?
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Reality Bubble, New York City
New York, U.S.A
Merlin

The plan was working. He felt their presence, they were almost all here. But then he heard the voice. A female voice, nothing like what he expected the monsters, which he called Time Eaters, to sound like. So, he turned around and faced the red headed woman. Merlin just stood there and looked at her, trying to figure out why she was there.

It's a woman.

I can see that.

Why is she here?

I don't know... Apparently I called her?

How?

The only thing I can think of is... the magic beacon...

I thought that beacon only attracted those Time Eaters.

It should only attract them... she's not a normal human as she was able to enter here...

Yeah, she's definitely not a human...

Yep, I sense it now... Nephil...

"Angelic blood. OH that's why." Merlin said to himself, "It seems the beacon also attracts those with angelic blood. That was not planned. Oh no. No. I must apologize, I didn't mean to attract you..."

He paused and looked around again before looking back at Charlotte, a bit of worry in his eye, "Listen to me. Very carefully come here, don't move to fast, or to slow. Just carefully. This place is currently full of monsters from beyond this world, that are ready to attack at a moments notice. Trust me, if you want to get out of here alive."
That was not the answer she had expected.

Frankly, she wasn't sure what she had expected, but that was most certainly not it.

Angelic blood...

Her hands curled into fists, but she continued to listen. When he finished speaking, she briefly considered making a run for it. If she escaped, well, that was fine, she supposed. If she didn't... well, dying wouldn't be too bad, right?

But if she died, she wouldn't ever know what the story was with this strange boy. As soon as their eyes had met, she'd recognized something--something she'd seen every time she saw her own reflection, for the past several years.

He looked old. Like he'd seen more than his fair share of suffering. Like something was haunting him, something that might never stop.

So she listened, and she took slow, careful steps towards him, and she wondered why his eyes reminded her of her own.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:57 pm

Arashihana Temple, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan,
3rd Year of 'Incarceration', 19°C, Cloudy with a Chance of Rain,
Literature with Shi's Friend Long Neck

Books were a lot simpler than reality. They had characters that weren't as developed as real people, the problems were a lot more physical and easier to deal with, the plot always had an ending that made sense to the story, and usually, like the rest of reality believed, ghosts didn't exist. There was only one small genre of books that thought paranormal things existed and in comparison to all the other genres, it was pretty insignificant. For Shi, books were a good time sink to distract himself from the real world, and considering that he had been stuck in the Arashihana temple for the past three years with barely anything to do but consume fictional media and study everything they put in front of him, Shi had gone through a lot of books. Western novels, Eastern literature, Chinese comic, Korean manhwa, and Japanese manga, even visual media from all of those sources had served to basically keep the orphan 'socially able' in a way, which was important considering that no one but Miu in the Arashihana family talked to him or interacted with him in any.

Currently, Shi was sitting on a bench in one of the stone gardens, the only sound the wooden ticking of the sozu in the background. Normally, he would have a small smile on his face as he flipped through the pages of the book in front of him, but today he was sitting silently, his face frozen as he stared down in horror at the pages as the flicked themselves slowly in front of him, his knuckles white as he gripped the covers in fear. Unbeknownst to everyone but him, a spirit sat behind him with its legs crossed and its arms wrapped around him, the short fingers stained black and gently manipulating the paper pages in front of the mage as if it was reading the book to its child. The neck of the ghost easily measured three feet on its own and the head and torso were a foot each, making it easily the most disproportionate thing ever seen. And the ragged rope choking the neck to at most one inch in diameter certainly told a story no one had heard for a long time. Shi sat in silent fear, the Stephen King book in his lap the source of his problems. The poor had no idea that the author had been the most prolific horror writer in the west when he ordered the book... he just knew that people seemed to really like him for some reason.

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Arashihana Temple, Near Kyoto
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Miu Arashihana

She walked around until she found Shi.

“Hey Shi.” She said with a smile

"M-Miu..." Shi muttered to himself, looking up at her with pleading eyes. "W-Would... C-Could you... help me please?"
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Miu Arashihana

"Spirits bothering you again?" She said and approached him with a smile, reached out and ruffled his hair, "It's alright, you should know by now, I will always help you. You just need to ask."

With that she leaned into Shi, and gave him a quick kiss right on the forehead. If it was a magic attack, or defence, her sword would have done enough. But when dealing with passive magic ability, a more personal touch had to be employed. And that more personal touch, was a kiss. After the kiss she sat down beside him and just smiled.

"There. Is that better?" Miu said and then noticed the book, "You shouldn't be reading those sorts of books. It's not good for you..."

Fonte Boa
Éloi Hardouin

"Is that the truth?" Éloi said, worry in his eyes.

"Unfortunately, yes yes." Sojor said.

Éloi offered his hand for Marielle, "Don't worry Mari. I'll tell you who they are later. First though..." He looked at Sojor, "What were you and our father researching?"

"Sojor can't tell Hardouin." Sojor said, "Sojor doesn't remember... but Sojor has something that can help. Here Here."

Sojor grabbed a leather bound journal. Éloi recognized it instantly. "Father's journal..." He said and accepted it from Sojor, "Mari, its fathers journal..."

"Yes Yes. Vilhelm's journal. Sojor can't read it though. But Sojor remembers Vilhelm writing in it every day before they came. Answers in there. Yes yes." Sojor said but was interrupted by a crashing sound coming from above. "No No. They found me. They have come for the research."

New York, U.S.A
Merlin

"Good. Just like that. Slowly." Merlin said and glanced around. Once Charlotte was close enough, he became more visibly relaxed. "That could have been really bad. Why did you follow me? Doesn't matter, you are here now. Just listen, do you feel them? Probably not. Above this city right now is a small Rift, not large enough for most to notice, but large enough for somethings to slip through. Somethings that are here right now. We just can't see them. And most can't even feel their presence. If they were harmless they wouldn't be a problem..."

He then stepped slightly away from Charlotte and started to walk in a circle, "But you lot aren't harmless are you? Leeching not life energy, but time itself from random people, you've already killed six people, maybe more. Hence the name I give you, Time Eaters. Even right now, you are attempting to leech the time from me and this Nephil. Attempting being the key word since, well, its obvious you lack any understanding of magic. Specifically the Guardian Arts."

With that he snapped his finger and a magic shield appeared over him and Charlotte. "Can't leech through this can you? So how about you show yourselves?"

Nothing.

"Or maybe you can't. Oh, a hiding ability so great that even if you wanted people to see you, they can't." Merlin smirked.

"Silence trickster..." A voice echoed through the reality bubble, which caught Merlin slightly off guard.

"Well, apparently you do have a voice. Interesting..." Merlin was actually smiling now, "Since you have a voice, you can answer my question. Why are you here? And before you ask why you should answer, well, you don't have to. But either way I am putting you lot back through that Rift, and sealing it so it will never open again. So its really only for my interest."

"A new dawn approaches." the voice said, "Even if you seal us away, our master will release us. The Black Sun will rise."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Miu Arashihana

"Spirits bothering you again?" She said and approached him with a smile, reached out and ruffled his hair, "It's alright, you should know by now, I will always help you. You just need to ask."

With that she leaned into Shi, and gave him a quick kiss right on the forehead. If it was a magic attack, or defence, her sword would have done enough. But when dealing with passive magic ability, a more personal touch had to be employed. And that more personal touch, was a kiss. After the kiss she sat down beside him and just smiled.

"There. Is that better?" Miu said and then noticed the book, "You shouldn't be reading those sorts of books. It's not good for you..."

Arashihana Temple, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan,
3rd Year of Incarceration, 19°C, Cloudy with a Chance of Rain,
Yup, Totally Siblings, I Swear!

As Miu ruffled his hair and bent don't to kiss his forward, Shi blushed furiously in embarrassment. While the official Arashihana council and the family head had declared them 'siblings' three years ago by way of adoption, the young mage was still not used to the familiar way his 'sister' dealt with him. He also knew that with the way her magic worked, the whole kissing thing was necessary, but that didn't stop him from becoming incredibly embarrassed when distant Arashihana cousins walked by, saw the scenes that happened like this several times a day, and glared at him with almost unrestricted jealousy. It wasn't his fault that ghosts seemed to be attracted to him like flies to honey, nor was it his fault that she was one of the few people that could help him in those situations.

Blinking as his sister sat next to him, Shi glanced over and gave her a small, happy smile. "I-I am feeling better, thank you Miu..." he muttered, looking down at the book in his hands. Again, he blushed in embarrassment as she mentioned the book, which also caused him to gently shut it and place it next to himself on the bench. "I didn't know it was that kind of book, sister... I just saw that everybody seemed to like it and figured that maybe I would like it too... I... I didn't mean to bother you, sister, really... I'm sorry..."
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Burossamu Akademi
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Robyn Stryker

Today marked Robyn's fifth week attending Burossamu Akademi, and it seemed to be going as usual. She got up in the morning, brushed her teeth, changed into her school uniform, ate a little breakfast, and from there, she pulled on whatever attire she'd need for the weather and headed out. Today her forecast called for a chance of rain, so she made sure to grab a raincoat, a pair of rain boots, and an umbrella before she left. Luckily, the weather was fairly clear when she left for school, and as per usual, it continued on as it always did. She walked to school since she didn't live very far, and usually got to class a minute or two early. She always got a seat by the window, and spent a lot of her time looking out of it while her classmates conversed...and it was pretty understandable. Most of the students there were older children, those who had earned a right to leave rather than more of a legal requirement. They saw her as an outsider, a newbie, and they didn't really care to talk to her...but she didn't mind. This was often the reason she wished she could take Shirley to school with her...but she knew it would freak the others out, so she refrained.

As usual, she did her schoolwork, ate her lunch, and continued on, the day passing quickly as always. When school let out, the clouds had condensed and began to release clear, dark raindrops from the sky, staining the ground dark and filling the air with the light rumble of rain against concrete. She smiled. Robyn had always enjoyed the rain; the smell, the sight, the way it felt...cold, ticklish, and it made her laugh. At the door, she happily pulled on her raincoat and adjusted her black rainboots, stepping out into the rain before she opened her umbrella, holding it over her head and listening to the light pitter patter against the fabric as she began to walk, adjusting her schoolbag on her strap. She left the school, feeling the eyes of others on her back and hearing the whispers of her name, but she let it all pass through her without a care. She knew it wasn't easy to like a newcomer like herself, and knew it took time...and she was okay with that. She took a turn out of the school gates and began walking down the wet sidewalk, deciding that it would be a great idea to stop by a local café before heading home to snuggle up with Shirley and read a book...yes, that sounded great! Her smile grew as she bounced along, the thought of such a homey scene warming her heart. It was true that she had no family to come home to, no friends to talk with, but it was alright. She had learned to enjoy her lonesome, and it didn't bother her anymore. All she needed was Shirley, a cozy blanket, and a good book to read...and that was enough to make the world right to her.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Truth Incarnate
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Truth Incarnate » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Russian Siberia, Somewhere in the Ural Mountains
7:41 AM, -14°C, Ongoing Mild Snowstorm

"Jaiden Elsen, thirty seven, birthdate... 2015, Second of February. 'an exciting experience', they said. 'An enriching, rewarding job', they said. Fucking Siberian snowstorms. Never get used to them."

Jaiden's hand slipped on a sheet of ice, watching as it sheared away from the short cliff she was climbing. She instinctively hardened the ice supporting her other hand. Her breath was cold, and her skin felt painfully numb, but she continued onwards. With a great effort, she pulled herself up to the top, and ducked behind a short outcropping of rock. There was barely anything to see through this blizzard, but the target was wily. An escaped prisoner from Glubokayama. It hadn't taken long for the clairvoyants to find them. She held a radio up to her nose, dusting a sheen of ice off of the surface.

"This is Pandora Ganymede, reporting in. In position for ingress. Over."

"This is Fenris Marcoh. Confirmed."

"This is Squad Leader Pax Gellimore. Move in."

Jaiden ducked out from behind the jagged little outcrop, sidearm held in one hand, and the other free. It took only about two dozen steps to come up to a sheer wall of stone, just as she'd been told to expect. She pressed her hands against the grey cliff, and focused. Slowly, it melted away, sloughing off like viscous putty. She was nearly swept off her feet by the dense stream, but she continued onwards anyways. Soon, an opening about the size of a large dog had been made. Squeezing in, Jaiden emerged into a conspicuously dark, clean area. She moved forward cautiously, stony footsteps on the floor turning to metallic clangs.

Damn. What is this place? Must've been around back from 2041. Damn Church doesn't know when to give up.

Jaiden flicked her NV-goggles on, bathing the room in a glaring green glow - at least to her eyes. It appeared to be an entirely abandoned, neglected centre of operations. There were still bullet casings, empty provisions, the remains of The Order's botched attempt to break out their most important agents only eleven years ago. This room seemed to be a commons-room of some sorts. She looked down at a shattered table, scorch marks still visible under the ice. Someone had been here recently, for sure. There were conspicuously shaped holes in the snow, after all.

"Pandora, confirming recent activity. Disturbed objects apparent, E.T, three days ago. Currently in commons-room - moving out now."

Jaiden edged towards the entrance to the room, a rickety wooden door frozen in place. Splinters littered the floor, and it was all too clear that I.M.O.S.A's field battery had been here for the coup de grace. There was still the imprint in the centre of the door, the wall behind her littered with bullets and the ground beneath her feet crunching with empty shell casings and shrapnel. Nobody had even bothered to demolish this place, it seemed. She slid past the door, emerging into a pitch-black hallway. Her night-vision was practically just undifferentiated static at this point. The familiar figure of Karl Benedict emerged from the other side of the hallway.

"Squad Leader Pax. Pandora, are you in the corridor? Can you see me?"

"Pandora, confirming sight. Hey, Karl."

"Alright. Stick close. The next room's pretty big, but we have no idea what's in there. Cover me."

Jaiden fell behind Karl as they pushed open the door to what appeared to be an enormous occult ritual. It was a large, roughly carved room. But that wasn't exactly the main exhibit. An enormous ritual circle populated the centre of the chamber, drawn out of a mixture of what appeared to be fresh blood, lead-paint (judging by the smell) and permanent marker. Karl sighed, letting out a cloud of frosted particulate.

"Shit. Looks like they were planning something big. They're probably not acting alone, otherwise they'd have gotten to Moscow by now, maybe on a flight to Iceland for all we would've known."

Jaiden stooped down, and looked over the circle, trying to make sense of the patterns.

"It doesn't look like a translocation ritual either, so they're probably still somewhere in here. Doesn't look like Church insignia, either, so it can't be a second wind. Seems like... Some sort of energy channel for something bigger. Much, much bigger."

Karl leant down too, looking over the symbols and writing.

"Yeah. Seems like there's some sort of... Recurring entity, some kind of star? Might be dealing with something else entirely here. I'll have to take it up with Central. Hey, Fenris, you getting this?"

Karl put a finger to his mic, and looked down.

"Fenris! Report in!"

"Fuck. Looks like it's just us now. On me. We're heading to the antechamber. If thing's have gone to shit, then this is an extraction mission, got it? No heroics."

Jaiden nodded, and readied her pistol, moving ahead of Karl, and stepping into the hallway, coming closer to whatever was waiting for them.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Castle Crashers wrote:Burossamu Akademi
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Robyn Stryker

Today marked Robyn's fifth week attending Burossamu Akademi, and it seemed to be going as usual. She got up in the morning, brushed her teeth, changed into her school uniform, ate a little breakfast, and from there, she pulled on whatever attire she'd need for the weather and headed out. Today her forecast called for a chance of rain, so she made sure to grab a raincoat, a pair of rain boots, and an umbrella before she left. Luckily, the weather was fairly clear when she left for school, and as per usual, it continued on as it always did. She walked to school since she didn't live very far, and usually got to class a minute or two early. She always got a seat by the window, and spent a lot of her time looking out of it while her classmates conversed...and it was pretty understandable. Most of the students there were older children, those who had earned a right to leave rather than more of a legal requirement. They saw her as an outsider, a newbie, and they didn't really care to talk to her...but she didn't mind. This was often the reason she wished she could take Shirley to school with her...but she knew it would freak the others out, so she refrained.

As usual, she did her schoolwork, ate her lunch, and continued on, the day passing quickly as always. When school let out, the clouds had condensed and began to release clear, dark raindrops from the sky, staining the ground dark and filling the air with the light rumble of rain against concrete. She smiled. Robyn had always enjoyed the rain; the smell, the sight, the way it felt...cold, ticklish, and it made her laugh. At the door, she happily pulled on her raincoat and adjusted her black rainboots, stepping out into the rain before she opened her umbrella, holding it over her head and listening to the light pitter patter against the fabric as she began to walk, adjusting her schoolbag on her strap. She left the school, feeling the eyes of others on her back and hearing the whispers of her name, but she let it all pass through her without a care. She knew it wasn't easy to like a newcomer like herself, and knew it took time...and she was okay with that. She took a turn out of the school gates and began walking down the wet sidewalk, deciding that it would be a great idea to stop by a local café before heading home to snuggle up with Shirley and read a book...yes, that sounded great! Her smile grew as she bounced along, the thought of such a homey scene warming her heart. It was true that she had no family to come home to, no friends to talk with, but it was alright. She had learned to enjoy her lonesome, and it didn't bother her anymore. All she needed was Shirley, a cozy blanket, and a good book to read...and that was enough to make the world right to her.
"Hey, wait up," another girl called out, running up behind her. She didn't seem particularly unusual. Her eyes were a slightly reddish shade, but other than that, nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary--short-cropped black hair, a uniform--perfectly normal.

"You're Robyn, right?" she continued, falling into step beside the umbrella-holding girl, not seeming to mind the rain falling on her own head. "I asked around a bit. You're new? I had to transfer here kind of suddenly, some stuff going on with my family, and, well, I was hoping us newbies could stick together, if that's okay with you..." Because you are going to be so much fun. "My name's Kaira," she finished, holding out a hand. "Want to be friends?"
New York, U.S.A
Merlin

"Good. Just like that. Slowly." Merlin said and glanced around. Once Charlotte was close enough, he became more visibly relaxed. "That could have been really bad. Why did you follow me? Doesn't matter, you are here now. Just listen, do you feel them? Probably not. Above this city right now is a small Rift, not large enough for most to notice, but large enough for somethings to slip through. Somethings that are here right now. We just can't see them. And most can't even feel their presence. If they were harmless they wouldn't be a problem..."

He then stepped slightly away from Charlotte and started to walk in a circle, "But you lot aren't harmless are you? Leeching not life energy, but time itself from random people, you've already killed six people, maybe more. Hence the name I give you, Time Eaters. Even right now, you are attempting to leech the time from me and this Nephil. Attempting being the key word since, well, its obvious you lack any understanding of magic. Specifically the Guardian Arts."

With that he snapped his finger and a magic shield appeared over him and Charlotte. "Can't leech through this can you? So how about you show yourselves?"

Nothing.

"Or maybe you can't. Oh, a hiding ability so great that even if you wanted people to see you, they can't." Merlin smirked.

"Silence trickster..." A voice echoed through the reality bubble, which caught Merlin slightly off guard.

"Well, apparently you do have a voice. Interesting..." Merlin was actually smiling now, "Since you have a voice, you can answer my question. Why are you here? And before you ask why you should answer, well, you don't have to. But either way I am putting you lot back through that Rift, and sealing it so it will never open again. So its really only for my interest."

"A new dawn approaches." the voice said, "Even if you seal us away, our master will release us. The Black Sun will rise."
She looked around nervously, flinching at the voice. "What... what is this?" she muttered, her eyes wide. "What's going on? 'Black Sun', what's that? Rifts? Time Eaters? Guardian Arts? Trickster? Who are you?" This was a mistake, I shouldn't have followed him, I should have just found someone else. I don't understand any of this...
Éloi Hardouin

"Is that the truth?" Éloi said, worry in his eyes.

"Unfortunately, yes yes." Sojor said.

Éloi offered his hand for Marielle, "Don't worry Mari. I'll tell you who they are later. First though..." He looked at Sojor, "What were you and our father researching?"

"Sojor can't tell Hardouin." Sojor said, "Sojor doesn't remember... but Sojor has something that can help. Here Here."

Sojor grabbed a leather bound journal. Éloi recognized it instantly. "Father's journal..." He said and accepted it from Sojor, "Mari, its fathers journal..."

"Yes Yes. Vilhelm's journal. Sojor can't read it though. But Sojor remembers Vilhelm writing in it every day before they came. Answers in there. Yes yes." Sojor said but was interrupted by a crashing sound coming from above. "No No. They found me. They have come for the research."
"...Father's journal?" Marielle whispered, staring at the book with what seemed to be awe. When she heard the crashing, however, she flinched, her normally somewhat-dazed expression taken over by one of the few emotions she was still able to clearly feel.

Terror.

"Eloi?" she stammered, clutching the doll in her arms like a lifeline. "What's happening? Who's up there?" It was hard to think straight, and getting harder--she kept seeing flashes of a face in her mind, one she didn't truly recognize but that she feared anyway, for reasons she couldn't remember, couldn't understand. She held the doll tightly to her, staring at her brother with pure fear in her eyes, primal instincts pushing through the fog in her mind to make her want to run, to hide, to do anything, but what?

Should she summon Cassandra? Or just stay there and wait for Eloi to tell her what to do, he was smart, he'd know, he always knew--always--Eloi, what do I do?

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:16 am

Niccoline Chapel, Vatican City
Rome, Italy
Father Elvino Lentini

Through the main entrance to the Niccoline Chapel, three people entered, and closed the door behind them. Two of them, obviously Order agents, stood guard at the door. The other was a priest, more accurately a cardinal. Those in the Order knew exactly who he was, Father Elvino Lentini, the High Inquisitor, the head of the Order for the past decade.

"Watcher. Good, you made it." He said and approached her, "You are probably wondering why I summoned you here. Well, this is a job much more important than any other we have given you. This assignment comes straight from me, and I prefer giving them in person."

He pulled out a file, and handed it to her, "The Witch of the Black Sun has escaped." He stated, "I want you to locate her through any means nessicary. Do not engage her though, you won't be able to take her down. When you have discovered where she is hiding, report that location to the Order, and we will send a force to take her down. Any questions?"

Russian Siberia, Somewhere in the Ural Mountains
Something Wrong

Suddenly, the silence was broken by a blood curdiling roar, that echoed throughout the halls. They were definitely not alone. Something other than their target was in the shadows, prowling, looking for its next meal. It wasn't long before movement became obvious to the two agents. Out of a doorway, their target came running out, closed the door behind him, leaned on it as if he was trying to keep it closed, and looked straight at them.

"Get me out of here." He said, "I don't care if I go back. I can't stay here. I thought the place was abandoned... That shouldn't be here... help me ple--."

A large clawed hand bursted through the door, and straight through the escaped prisoners chest, holding his heart.

New York, U.S.A
Merlin

"Just calm down." Merlin said, looking much more serious now and looked at Charlotte, "Considering your questions, it seems you don't know anything about the supernatural world, despite being a Nephilim. I guess I'll explain everything, after I deal with these guys."

"Well then." Merlin started and started to walk in circles once again, "You have a connection to the Black Sun. You think that was going to scare me? No, instead you just gave me more of a reason to seal you lot away."

With that he stopped moving, held his arm out and snapped his fingers. Runes started to glow all around the reality bubble. They slowly got brighter and brighter. The Time Eaters began to scream as the light got to bright to look in. When the light faded, there was no more alley. No round area. Just a buildings roof, a real tall buildings roof. The sheild around Merlin and Charlotte was gone as well.

Merlin walked over to the ledge and looked straight up at the Rift, which was now sealing. He watched it until it was fully sealed before turning around to Charlotte.

"Now. How does a Nephilim not know about the supernatural world?"

Fonte Boa
Éloi Hardouin

"I don't know Mari..." Éloi said.

"Black Sun. Black Sun here. Hardouin must run." Sojor said, and pressed a place on the wall, causing a secret door to open. With what looked to be a crude I.M.O.S.A teleporter. "Step on it. Only one charge. Should take both of Hardouins. Sojor doesn't know were it will drop Hardouins though... definitely away. Go go."

"What about you Sojor?"

"Sojor stay. Sojor fight. Sojor burn all research." Sojor said and walked over to a wooden chest. Opening it, he pulled out some blocks of C4. "Sojor protect. Now go go."

Éloi just nodded and took Marielle to the magic teleporter. They stood on it for a moment, watching as Sojor started to set the C4. The teleporter activated and they left the bunker. They found themselves in the middle of a city somewhere in North Africa.

Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Miu Arashihana

"Oh, you really have to stop being so meek." Miu said and playful punched Shi on the shoulder with a smile, "I'm not mad at you. You were just curious, it's not your fault. And looking after my little brother doesn't bother me in the slightest. So don't apologize when I come to help you. Stephen King... I am sure he has known horror books if you still want to read his work. Let's go to a bookstore in town and see if we can find you one. How does that sound?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:30 am

Vatican City
Rome, Vatican City
The Watcher

Watcher began to leaf through the file in silence. She didn't react as her target was named; a target was a target, regardless of any other factors. However, internally, her mind was racing to process everything.

The Witch of the Black Sun was, perhaps, the sole living target left from her days with the 0th Chief Directorate. Or she would've been a target, if she'd escaped, as she had now. The 0th Chief Directorate hadn't provided her with much information about her beyond her real name. They hadn't even have a photo in their file.

This file wasn't that much better. The Order had good information on most things, but it seemed that the Witch of the Black Sun was still an enigma to them as well. Real name Ayla Zwahlen. Surname placed her as either German, Swiss-German, Austrian or Liechtensteiner. Presumed last known possessor of the The Enigma of the Black Sun. Only known living witness to the events of the Time-Break referred to as the Liechtenstein Incident. Possible cause of the Liechtenstein Incident and thus the Liechtenstein Rift. Held in the Shadow Citadel Penitentiary since its completion. Escaped an unknown amount of time ago.

Now, here was where the main problem lay. She had no idea what the Witch of the Black Sun wanted. If you knew what someone wanted, you knew what they would do, where they would go if she was too far ahead. She may have caused the Liechtenstein Incident, but if so, she had a why. And in her experience, the motive was always someone's easiest point to follow.

Finally, she glanced up from the file before speaking. "Three questions. One, precisely how long ago did she escape? I need to know how far she could have potentially moved during this time." That was simple. Get a radius, know where she needed to search.

"Two, if the time of escape is more than..." Watcher paused, quickly doing the calculations in her head. "63 and a half or so hours ago, I need every piece of information in the Papal Archives on the Cult of the Black Sun, the The Enigma of the Black Sun and Ayla Zwahlen both as a mundane and as a Mage. By then she'll have too much of a lead on me, so I need to know where she may go next. If your Archives prove insufficient I would like to request that you contact both I.M.O.S.A and the Grand Council, in addition to the Arashihana family so that I may access their records on the matter if it is possible and necessary to do so."

"Third, what is the Order's response time for the interception force? It may be necessary to engage as a stalling action to ensure that she does not escape before the Order's arrival depending on the response time, which conflicts with the order to not engage. That is all."

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:48 am

I.M.O.S.A. headquarters,
Liechtenstein

"I sure hope Dom and Elise are alright..." Micah McGillis said, a worried frown stretched across his face. "Do you think they know what to do? Where to go?"

"I'd certainly hope so. They've had four days to get settled." Marco Vallius said calmly, as he walked beside the nervous young man. "You know how Dominic is though. He's probably getting on Elise's back for not learning the entire japanese language, including katakana, hiragana and kanji. In fact, considering the time, they're probably on their way to school right now."

He shook his head, sighing.

"Anyway, you shouldn't be worried about them right now. Yeah, it's their first day at Burossamu, but this is your first mission for I.M.O.S.A... I know they said I could come with you as your mentor for now, but you're still going to need to keep your wits about you, otherwise you could get injured, or worse."

And then he let a small smile escape, looking to the Micah with an amused expression.

"That, and we want to make a good impression on whoever else will be at the debriefing."

At the mention of meeting more new people at the debriefing, Micah went pale for a moment. However, he managed to choke down his panic quickly enough, looking to his teacher with an almost pained expression.

"Come on, Marco... Don't do that to me. You know I'm already nervous enough without the fear of just how much they'll be judging me when I walk in! What if I slow them down? I've never really worked in this kind of team before, after all... And you and I both know that its exactly because I know Dom is that I'm worried! What if he doesn't make friends? What if he actively pushes away anyone who might make friends with him? And then what if he gets too protective of Elise, and she can't make friends because of him? Or what if the kids over there bully her because of her arm?! Or what i-"

"Micah, listen." Marco said sharply, cutting off the boys panicked rambling. "Dom and Elise will be fine. I'm sure Elise's optimism and friendliness will nullify most of Dom's abrasiveness. Not all of it, because I doubt even being locked in I.M.O.S.A.s deepest, most isolated cells would be able to stop him from irritating someone, but your sister should still come fairly close. And with that out of the way, we're here."

At that comment, Micah looked up in dread to see that yes, they were in fact standing directly outside the door they'd been instructed to enter.

"Just leave the talking to me." Marco said, taking mercy on the nervous wreck standing beside him, before opening the door and striding confidently through. "Evening gents, ladies. Operatives Marco Vallius and Micah McGillis, reporting."

Kyoto, Japan

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, a boy was walking to his first day at his new school. In one hand, he held a pair of glasses, while the other was currently occupied with the task of massaging his temples so hard his skull was in danger of collapsing in on itself. Walking beside him was a younger girl, whose right arm was missing from the shoulder down, looking incredibly pleased with herself.

"I'm going to ask you one more time, and please, for the love of god, tell me that what you just said was a joke." The boy said. "You made sure to learn enough japanese to survive without me around, didn't you?"

"Yeah, don't worry so much, Dom!" The girl said with a grin that many would consider too big. "I watched plenty of anime last night, and I kept the subtitles on, so now I can associate the words they used with the words in the subtitles, and boom, I know japanese now!"

"Damn it Elise!" Dominic shouted, his hand so tight around his glasses that it seemed like they might snap in half at any moment. "You know that's not the same thing as actually learning japanese! How are you going to know what people are saying, or read things like street signs?!"

"Relax, it's a school that takes in international students all the time, right?" Elise asked, the grin never dropping from her face. "I'll just find one of the foreign students who knows what's going on and make best friends with them, so they can understand everything for me!"

"Oh yeah, and what about reading what the teacher writes in class, when you're meant to be quiet?" Dominic asked.

For a mere split second, Elise paused. That split second alone though was enough to tell Dominic that she had absolutely no idea. However, she snapped out of it almost immediately, looking back to her brother with an even wider grin than before.

"I'll wing it."

"That's not an answer, Elise!" Dominic all but screamed, as Elise turned around, staring as they reached the school gates.

Her eyes lit up when she saw a pair of girls, at least one of whom looked distinctly un-japanese. The fact that she could vaguely hear the darker haired one say something about 'transferring' and 'newbies sticking together' only served to throw fuel on the fire.

Of course, in this case, said fire was already bad enough to consume an entire city block, and most definitely did not require any further fuel to be added.

"Oh awesome!" She said, sprinting over to the two and leaving a visibly mortified Dominic staring after her. "Hi! Are you two new here? I'm new too! Lets be best friends!"

After simply staring for a brief moment, Dominic all but shrieked in horror, sprinting after her.

"Oh good god, what are you trying to do with an introduction like that!" He said, unable to keep the embarrassment out of his tone or expression. "I'm sorry about my sister, she doesn't really acknowledge things like personal space, or private conversations, or rational human thought processes."

"Marco said I'm crippled, so I should use that as my excuse!" Elise shouted happily from behind him.

"Then Marcos also a bloody moron!" He shouted again, looking to the two girls with even more embarrassment in his expression than before. "I'm really sorry for the stupid things my sister is saying. Please forgive her thoughtless actions!"
Last edited by Granis on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:24 am

"Look, Natali, all I'm saying is that the options here are limited." Smithy stated to her frankly. "I mean, how am I supposed to develop a strong instant darkness potion without-"

"I know what you're saying. I know why you came to me; I'm not an idiot." Natali interrupted, frustrated with her cousin greatly. "I'm just saying that we don't have the resources to go jumping around across the planet looking for adventure, or whatever scorpion hearts you want to harvest from South America."

"Sub-Saharan Africa, thank you very much." Smithy lips pursed, his own impatience getting the best of him as well. "But with you and I, with my genius and your..." Smithy paused for a moment as if to choose the right word, "Martial expertise, we could get by robbing some street vendor."

"We're not robbing street vendors." Natali crossed her arms, itching to whack him with her bo staff. "And should we really be talking about robbing someone in a store like this?"

Truthfully, they probably shouldn't be discussing robbing someone in the local Apothecary, run by the grouchy old Duda. He eyed them suspiciously, keeping an extra eye on Smithy constantly. Smithy rubbed the back his head nervously. "Oh, yeah maybe that'd be best to talk about later." The pair paid for a few general supplies like bottles, cork, and various herbs, then headed toward a local café.

Natali sipped her acai-infused juice while Smithy enjoyed his coffee, the tables around them loudly discussing their days as they began their own conversation. Smithy was first to start talking once more. "I mean, if you really think we don't have the funds or influence to get around inconspicuously, then we'd need to invite someone else along with that expertise." Smithy paused for a moment, sipping his coffee and giving a firm mmm in response to its hazelnut undertones. "What about Gorski?"

"Gorski is a brute that can't take orders and isn't smart enough to make things up on the fly. What's more, his name carries no weight with it. We need someone who can name drop and get doors open, but who's either smart enough to come..."

"Or easy enough to manipulate. What about your distant cousin, the Rasputin?"

"Andrei? He's incapable. We'd be protecting him the whole time. Even his minor demons don't listen to him is what I hear." Natali chuckled, herself not able to summon demons despite her having tried numerous times. "Not only that, but his father is a control freak that probably wouldn't let him out of his sight. The son of the head can't go on some dangerous and foolhardy mission to far ends of the earth, far away home and the public eye..." Natali paused. Smithy locked eyes with her as they came upon the same realization. "Then again, the family already has an heir that's much more capable, and Petr distancing himself from the family embarrassment would help his PR. Not to mention that Andrei is spineless enough to listen to a command, and smart enough not to cause any trouble."

"Not to mention we're smart to know when to make trouble." Smithy winked. "And between the two of us, we can deal with anything that comes our way. At least anything that we're going to have to deal with." The pair laughed a bit, finished their drinks, and began their journey to Russia.

The suite was cold. It was snowing. This was not surprising news, as it was Siberia after all.

Andrei got up from his slumber, half sliding out of bed and half falling. He continued meandering through his morning routine, fighting to keep his eyes open. He'd been reading for a good portion of the night before, but there was some commotion downstairs that made him quickly hide back under his sheets as if those would protect him. It sounded like father.

As Andrei ordered breakfast from the kitchen, he heard his brother in that room. The one with the dark corners and the red lights and the patterns on the floor. Andrei didn't particularly enjoy that room.

As Andrei was finishing his breakfast, his brother ascended from his study room, wiping his hands on a deep red cloth as he went. "Oh, hello Andrei. I was just practicing." Andrei nodded. "Perhaps you should take a visit downstairs sometime as well. Could help with your... you know, performance issues." His brother chuckled a bit. "I supposed you heard father last night?"

"Yes." Andrei curled himself up nervously.

"He left rather hurriedly. I hear there was something London that desperately needed his attention. Wonder what that could be?" The twenty-one year old monster grimace, almost knowingly. "There are just the rumors the staff are spreading. Had to remind them what servitude meant." His fist clenched slightly.

"I have business to attend to as well, what with my job and all. Don't make too much of a mess while I'm gone, or I'll have to remind you of your place too." The mage left.

Andrei finished his food, dutifully cleaning his dishes as Father would have wanted. Father always said he should make his mark minimal on the house, and not rely on the servants to clean his stain from its walls. Andrei always cleaned his plate, made his bed, shelved his books. That was what was expected of him; that is what he did.

He returned back upstairs, finishing the rest of his textbooks. Father hadn't bothered paying for a tutor in ages, so Andrei took to self-study. He would take books from the library in the grounds or the private one downstairs, and read them. He would read and reread books on various patterns, techniques, and demons, but their effect on his ability was minimal at best.

Andrei exited the castle, walking the cobbled path with his satchel of books back to the grounds' library. If the boy was observant in the slightest, he would have noticed the two figures noisily following him along the path among the family's vast network at the estate, comprised partly of servants, personal demons, family members both more distant and the closely related. Instead, the boy had little awareness at all, up until they locked arms with him, leading him along.

"What- what's-..." Andrei looked at his captors, one of which was partly recognizable as a distant relative, the other a complete stranger. "Who are you?"

"Well, you can call me Smithy friend. This is your cousin a bajillion times removed." The stranger spoke in an upbeat mood for a mugger.

"Hi, I'm Natali. We met at a gala once. My parents made me wear the dress, and we stood close during one of the dances. Short interchange, I know." Natali was more direct with her tone. Andrei nodded.

"The Kowalski half-breed..." He began, then realized his mistake. "Sorry, that's not what anyone calls you. I don't know why I said that." Natali huffed, but Smithy laughed uproariously. The Kowalskis were usually aligned somewhat with the Rasputin as a trade partner nearby, but marrying into them was seen as taboo by most, being a lower class of family.

"That sounds about right. I like you kid. Anyway, any idea where your dad is right now? We'd really like to talk with him before we go." Smithy jibed.

"Oh, father is in London. He left last night." Andrei said. Smithy and Natali met eyes once more, as if talking in a secret unspoken language before turning back to the disappointment.

"That's too bad. You know, we were talking with his staff about taking you on a retreat with us, looking for materials for a few choice enchants. Really serious stuff. He said you could come with us, you know, because we need a bodyguard. Plus, these enchants will really make the family stronger; your Father would be- is really proud that you're doing this." Smithy began.

"I mean, I have my sticks and blades, but you have powerful demons under your control. We would really appreciate if you come with us." Natali said, feigning innocence and weakness to the older boy.

Andrei's mouth was agape, not sure of what to say. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

The very idea of going on a mission this important to his father... He couldn't say no. "Yes, of course. I'll go."

Smithy was surprised. "Really? That worked?"

"What-"

"Nothing, nothing, nothing, sweetheart. Don't worry your sweet little head about that. Anyway, we have to get a move on to Su-"

"London." Natali interrupted. Smithy's eyes squinted at his cousin.

"Excuse us for one moment, sweet pea." Smithy poked Andrei's nose with a smile, and turned Natali around, huddled to maintain their secrecy. "What are you doing? I need scorpion hearts!" He whisper yelled at Nat.

"If Petr is in London, that means something big is going on. The council isn't usually in session at this time of year, and Petr isn't known for being especially present at the Council at all. If the council is meeting in London, that means people from all over the world are heading to London. Imagine the items you could find at such low prices, just being carried around by the staff, let alone the other tradesmen looking to make a quick buck." Smithy's eyes shined with excitement. The pair turned back around, smiling.

"Off to London."
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:58 am

Granis wrote:Her eyes lit up when she saw a pair of girls, at least one of whom looked distinctly un-japanese. The fact that she could vaguely hear the darker haired one say something about 'transferring' and 'newbies sticking together' only served to throw fuel on the fire.

Of course, in this case, said fire was already bad enough to consume an entire city block, and most definitely did not require any further fuel to be added.

"Oh awesome!" She said, sprinting over to the two and leaving a visibly mortified Dominic staring after her. "Hi! Are you two new here? I'm new too! Lets be best friends!"

After simply staring for a brief moment, Dominic all but shrieked in horror, sprinting after her.

"Oh good god, what are you trying to do with an introduction like that!" He said, unable to keep the embarrassment out of his tone or expression. "I'm sorry about my sister, she doesn't really acknowledge things like personal space, or private conversations, or rational human thought processes."

"Marco said I'm crippled, so I should use that as my excuse!" Elise shouted happily from behind him.

"Then Marcos also a bloody moron!" He shouted again, looking to the two girls with even more embarrassment in his expression than before. "I'm really sorry for the stupid things my sister is saying. Please forgive her thoughtless actions!"
"Whoa! Hey! Stop that--don't touch me--"

Kaira immediately lashed out, shoving Elise back with a snarl and a brief look of sheer primality in her eyes. Only a moment later, however, she stopped short, horror crossing her face as she realized what she'd just done. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh," she stammered, clapping her hands over her mouth. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that--I can't stand it when people jump me, I don't like being touched unless I initiate it, I'm sorry, I just panicked--please forgive me!" She bowed quickly, straightening up and looking around worriedly, seemingly waiting with dread for a rebuke.
Éloi Hardouin

"I don't know Mari..." Éloi said.

"Black Sun. Black Sun here. Hardouin must run." Sojor said, and pressed a place on the wall, causing a secret door to open. With what looked to be a crude I.M.O.S.A teleporter. "Step on it. Only one charge. Should take both of Hardouins. Sojor doesn't know were it will drop Hardouins though... definitely away. Go go."

"What about you Sojor?"

"Sojor stay. Sojor fight. Sojor burn all research." Sojor said and walked over to a wooden chest. Opening it, he pulled out some blocks of C4. "Sojor protect. Now go go."

Éloi just nodded and took Marielle to the magic teleporter. They stood on it for a moment, watching as Sojor started to set the C4. The teleporter activated and they left the bunker. They found themselves in the middle of a city somewhere in North Africa.
Marielle stood completely still, staring at where Sojor had been before they'd teleported away.

Even she could realize what was going to happen to him. He was going to die.

"...Eloi..." she whimpered, and burst into tears. Yes, they'd gotten their father's journal. But they had also just left a good man to his death. He was going to die, and as far as she was aware, there was no good reason for any of it.

The idea of someone dying for no reason brought on a strange, aching feeling that grew stronger the more she thought about it. There was something there. Something about death, a particularly senseless, painful loss that clawed at the back of her mind. What was it? What was that memory?

The pain was getting worse. She could almost remember... almost...
New York, U.S.A
Merlin

"Just calm down." Merlin said, looking much more serious now and looked at Charlotte, "Considering your questions, it seems you don't know anything about the supernatural world, despite being a Nephilim. I guess I'll explain everything, after I deal with these guys."

"Well then." Merlin started and started to walk in circles once again, "You have a connection to the Black Sun. You think that was going to scare me? No, instead you just gave me more of a reason to seal you lot away."

With that he stopped moving, held his arm out and snapped his fingers. Runes started to glow all around the reality bubble. They slowly got brighter and brighter. The Time Eaters began to scream as the light got to bright to look in. When the light faded, there was no more alley. No round area. Just a buildings roof, a real tall buildings roof. The sheild around Merlin and Charlotte was gone as well.

Merlin walked over to the ledge and looked straight up at the Rift, which was now sealing. He watched it until it was fully sealed before turning around to Charlotte.

"Now. How does a Nephilim not know about the supernatural world?"
While he started to work, she simply watched in confusion and no small amount of awe. The closest she'd ever come to seeing something like this was the last day she had ever seen her father--and even that had been very short, and very much overshadowed by the things he'd said. Mistake. She bit her lip nervously as the strange, inexplicable boy continued to speak, and looked away while she tried to think about how to answer.

I can't tell him the truth. Not all of it. It hurts too much... thinking about it... Her breathing hitched for a moment, but she forced herself to calm down before anything else occurred. Just tell him part of the truth. He doesn't need to know the rest of it, right? If I told him...

"...I... had a lot of problems to deal with when I was younger," she finally answered. "I've never had time to really do very much, so I guess... I just never really ran into anything out of the ordinary. I mean... obviously I know that angels and such are real, but that's as far as it goes... It's just... I..." She paused, looked around wildly as if trying to find some way to escape the conversation, and then stopped short, her eyes slowly widening.

"...I guess... you just saved my life, didn't you?" she said slowly, wringing her hands in a clearly nervous manner. "I... You... I mean, I could... pay you back, if... if you want..." She didn't meet his eyes, instead looking at the ground as she made her offer. "It's... normal to want some sort of reward, right? So I... I could..."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Some Roof, New York City
New York, U.S.A
Merlin

Merlin just looked at Charlotte and raised his eyebrow. He didn't say anything as he turned away and procceded to sit down on the ledge of the roof. "Very vague now aren't you?" He said, "Probably not wanting to speak about your past... must have been painful. I can see it in your eyes. Much older than they should be. Don't worry, your past is your past, if you don't want to go into it, then don't. I have no right to dig."

"As for saving you..." Merlin shrugged, "Typical human self centred views. When some one appears to save them they assume that they did it for them. I didn't save you. I didn't save a single life. I saved the life of everyone in this city, maybe even the world. So, by your logic, I should get a reward from the world right? Well, to bad that won't happen. The world will go on without knowing that I saved it. But hey, that's the story of my life. Working in the shadows to protect both humans and the supernatural from threats they can't handle. So, ignorance is best for the world in this case."

"I do find it interesting that you claim to have not run into the extraordinary..." He started, "12 Mages. Four Vampires. A Djinn. Three Shapeshifters. And one Therianthrope couple. If you were following me, then you would have past all of them as well. You may not be aware of the supernatural and extraordinary, but they are all around... which means that you lack a certain attention to your surroundings, which brings up a question... How have you survived for so long? Surely Heaven wants you dead, and by extension the Order."

Niccoline Chapel, Vatican City
Rome, Italy
Father Elvino Lentini

"She escaped less than 48 hours ago." Father Lentini stated, "However, I doubt you can calculate how far she's gotten. From what our spies tell us, she had help from something that was able to create portals. She can be anywhere in the world. As such, I will arrange for everything we have on her, the Cult and the Enigma of the Black Sun to be gathered for you down in the Papal Archives. However, that is all we will be able to provide you. We can not request help from I.M.O.S.A or the immoral Grand Council and all its members. If we did, they would know for certain that we are spying on them, giving them reason to start a war with the Order. We can not risk it. The Order will be able to have an interception force to your location in ten minutes or less, as they will always be near by."

I.M.O.S.A Headquarters
Liechtenstein
The Handler

Upon entering the briefing room, Marco and Micah would see a large table smack centre of the room, with a holographic display system on the centre of the table. There were a total of two other agents already sitting at the table. One was a nagini and the other was what was best described as a modern viking beserker. At the tables head, a single old man in a suit sat. This man was one of the top brass of I.M.O.S.A, his name wasn't important, and he was often referred to simply as the Handler. All agents usually got their assignments from those who worked under him. So him being in that room meant only one thing, this was a very important mission.

"Ah, good, sit down, we are just waiting more person." The Handler said, "In the mean time meet Kisping Vigfusson, a former Beserker in the employ of the Astvaldursson Clan; and Ahlabha, one of the few remaining Naga."

"Nagini." Ahlabha stated, "Naga is the male term. Nagini is the female term."

"I apologize." The Handler stated, "Kisping and Ahlabha, meet the human mages Marco Vallius and Micah McGillis."

The Middle of Tripoli
Libya
Éloi Hardouin

Éloi didn't think. He acted. He acted when it looked like Marielle was about to lose it. He quickly embraced her in a hug, placing a hand on the back of her head. "It's alright Marielle..." He said, trying to convince himself as well, "Sojor gave himself to protect us. We shouldn't spend our time dwelling on that. He gave himself so we can go find father. Since they came for him, then it must be important for us to find father. Lets not let his sacrifice be in vain alright?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Auropa
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auropa » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:27 pm

New York, IMOSA office
USA
Assim Ruhk

Oblivious to the growing chaos of the world, the rift within the very city he was in let alone monsters from beyond reality, sat one Assim Ruhk. Over the past month it had felt like his life had been turned around for the second time. After almost 5 years of ignoring it, he had finally called the number given to him by the group IMOSA after the incident. Since then it had been a blur of movement, the organisation came within hours of the call, greeted him with open arms and disturbingly welcoming smiles as they took Assim with them. From there he was lead to a quiet runway, put on a plane and taken to New York’s office for an ‘introduction to the world of magic’. The whole thing sounded like something straight out of a novel and yet, this was going to be his life, though as strange as it was to admit, it had technically always been part of his life. Right now, Assim had been left to himself and was now sitting in the office of one of the many towers blanketing the city, ‘kinda creepy how easily things can hide in plain sight’ he thought to himself while trying to settle his nerves. Calling himself tense right now would be an understatement. He had even gone out and gotten himself a suit to try and look more professional, something he hadn’t even done for his interviews for university. Though so far, he had all but decided on burying it after the meeting, it felt cheap, restricting, beyond stupid and somehow made every single inch of his body itched. ‘Maybe I’m allergic to formality’ he figured as he nervously scanned the room for the hundredth time. ‘In all fairness though, its not like I don’t have a good reason to be worried. Finally deciding to meet with the secret world of magic you’ve been ignoring for years, it’s got to be at least a 7/10 on the oh-my-god-what-is-even-happening-right-now-o-meter’.

After a few more agonizing minutes of waiting, one of the IMOSA representatives finally entered the room. She looked nice enough Assim figured, short brown hair, normal height, nice face, ‘veeerrrry nice figure’ and wore a jet black suit. What really surprised him though was how normal she looked, no big pointy hat, no magical staff, no air of power or giant book of demonic spells. It was strange but the thing Assim found most disconcerting about finally seeing the world of magic, was how normal everything seemed.

“You done staring?” the woman asked with half an eyebrow raised and instantly eviscerating Assim’s train of thought
‘shit’ “Uuuhhh, yeah sorry. Though, I wasn’t staring for weird reasons, or well, its just I’m new, hey by the way, and still not used to mages, and that… stuff. But I’m not looking because you look good, well I’m not saying you aren’t attractive because I, you know. I mean if I had to say I... I’m… Just going to stop talking now…” ‘nailed it’
Pausing for a moment the woman looked over Assim before smiling to herself and taking a seat. “Well aren’t you the picture of tranquillity. Anyways, I’m Petra, one of IMOSA’s representatives. You’re Assim Ruhk right?”
“That’s right, yeah.”
“And if our files are in order you rejected initial contact around about 4 years ago and haven’t reached out since.”
“That’s… also right, yeah”
“So then, if you don’t mind me asking, what changed?”
“That’s a, well it’s a bit of a difficult question” Truthfully Assim hardly knew himself. Sure there were factors like curiosity and discovery but he could’ve waited if it were feelings like that alone. “I guess, if I had to choose one thing, I’d say I’m ready for closure.”

For a few seconds Petra seemed to study Assim, before making a quick note and continuing “I won’t pretend to understand how complicated the last few years have been, but the IMOSA would be happy to welcome you. In fact, you’re a bit of abnormality.”
“Huh, how so?” Asked Assim now leaning forward with renewed interest, so far all his understandings of magic had been guess work mixed with memories from one conversation. For him, getting a bit more of a concrete understanding was high on his list of goals.
“Well, magic for us has a tendency to be a bit hereditary. People whose parents are strong magicians, tend to be strong magicians themselves. Then their work and events throughout their life tends to lead them to more or less magical affinity and influence the next generation. And while magicians can pop up out of the blue, they practically never show much of a natural affinity. Meanwhile, you’re a boy with 2 non-magical parents whose shown exceptional magical talent. Of course, there’s a few theories but most people would chalk it up to a rift. And if its true then you’re suddenly one of the very few people to be born and raised close to one. Usually we tend to set up shop and put up a few barriers, after all, no one is entirely sure how they work.”
“You’re being a lot more honest than I thought you’d be.” Assim admitted
“Geez, you’re really helping me with my self image” Petra replied still half smiling “Though I guess I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t ask, so, why didn’t you think I’d be honest?”
“Not you but IMOSA, no offense but it’s a secret, global organisation of magic that showed up at a pretty rough point in my life. I just kind of figured it would be sort of…”
“Shady?”
“I guess so, yeah.”

Again Petra paused and scribbled a few quick notes but this time she put down the pen and focused her attention on Assim. “I get that this must be confusing but really, we’re here to help. We keep things quiet because the world’s not ready and because truthfully, neither are we. Not to mention you’ve given us no trouble, no slip ups, accidental reveals or even close calls. All the while managed to keep practicing, not to mention most kids wouldn’t willingly let an unknown group monitor them.”
“In my defense, it was either be monitored or go to some secret school” Interject Assim
But in response Petra calmly raised her hand to show she wasn’t finished before continuing. “And the reason I’m being completely honest, is because I’ve read your files and I think I know enough about you to know you’re someone who can become an influential and helpful member of the magical community. As well as being a prime subject for rift research, you’re someone who knows both the perspectives of mages and non-mages. This all means you’re someone with the means to talk to important people with, what I hope is the wisdom to make a positive difference. Maybe even help build bridges change a few of the more conservative views. Of course, that’s just a personal view.”
“Damn, no pressure then?”
“None at all.”
Not for the first time, silence reigned as Assim tried to rationalise what he just heard. And after a few moments of thoughts he finally continued “Okay then, well, I figured this trip would have at least a few mind blowers. But, if its alright, could I ask a few questions? I’m a bit behind on what exactly the community is.”
“I’ll answer them as best I can.”

And for a while Assim asked question after question. About the history of magic, the eight families, IMOSA’s origin, the church and even about non-humans and the many different races secretly inhabiting the little blue world. A short eternity later and once again Assim was left alone after Petra was called off to another meeting. It felt strange that he was being given this much leeway but he wasn’t about to complain. Having some time alone gave him a chance to think and process everything that’s happened. It was almost funny though, how a conversation could do so much without actually doing anything. With a few words and phrases his whole world view had been widened and suddenly all his plans, going to university, studying engineering, making a company. It all just seemed, small. Frustrated and confused Assim looked around the office for something to distract him until coming across a lone hour glass sitting on a nearby shelf. Without getting up from his chair he reached out and felt across the room for the grains of sand tucked within and began to have a bit of fun. Messing with earth had always been a stress relief for Assim, and whether it was from talent or time, he had become adept at it. First he moved the sand up the funnel before working on a small upside down house that soon turned into a tiny upside down tower before finally turning into an miniscule upside down replica of the office he sat in. ‘Not bad’ he thought to himself while comparing the offices before releasing the sand and watching it begin to slowly funnel down.
‘What the hell am I gonna do?’ he finally admitted to himself, slumping in his chair and ever oblivious to the coming storm.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Vatican City
Rome, Vatican City
The Watcher

48 hours would've been fine if the Witch of the Black Sun was moving by mundane means. Unfortunately, she wasn't, and that made her order several magnitudes harder to achieve.

Magic was bullshit.

"That will suffice. I'll acquire other information on an as needed basis personally, should it be required. However, given that she has a potentially global and untraceable method of transportation, a ten minute response time may be too long, as she will have ten minutes to open a portal via whatever means were used originally and relocate. I would like permission to engage to neutralise whatever allows her to create these portals, presuming reliable identification of it, after reporting her location to ensure that she can be eliminated with little to no escape risk. Unless, of course, the Lord's Vault holds items capable of allowing for the instant teleportation of the interception to my location and thus minimizing the risk that she might escape during the 10-minute approach window, or you have other means of neutralising her use of portals available for use by the interception force."

Watcher stood. "Now, if you would lead me to your Archives so that I may begin my research? There is no time to waste." The hunt was on.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:21 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:The Middle of Tripoli
Libya
Éloi Hardouin

Éloi didn't think. He acted. He acted when it looked like Marielle was about to lose it. He quickly embraced her in a hug, placing a hand on the back of her head. "It's alright Marielle..." He said, trying to convince himself as well, "Sojor gave himself to protect us. We shouldn't spend our time dwelling on that. He gave himself so we can go find father. Since they came for him, then it must be important for us to find father. Lets not let his sacrifice be in vain alright?"
"I know," Marielle sobbed, clinging tightly to her brother, the doll she normally held so tightly to the only barrier between them. The hug brought back another brief flash of memory, but it was gone before she could think about it further, replaced by the same clawing pain from before, though it slowly began to subside. "It just... It just hurts... Something's missing, it hurts so much and I don't know why... I don't know why... I can't..."

And then it was gone, the embrace of her brother grounding her and banishing the painful fragments back to the furthest corners of her mind, clouded by unnatural fog and hidden from her view once more. Her tears continued, but with much less anguish--she wept for a man who had given his life to save them and help them find their father, and nothing more. The strange, awful memory was gone yet again. Her condition was stable, as much as it ever could be, for the time being.

"I know," she repeated, and drew back, determination on her tearstained face. "So we have to find Father... so it wasn't for nothing. We're closer than we've ever been, aren't we? We'll find him, any time now..."

She wanted to see him again, to see him smiling at her the way he used to, to give him a big hug and then bring him back home, and Maman would be so happy, and they'd all be together again. And Ange would be there, too, and everyone she loved would be with her, and everything would be perfect.

"The journal..." she mumbled, her eyes widening slightly. "That'll tell us something, it has to. It has to! ...Right?"
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Some Roof, New York City
New York, U.S.A
Merlin

Merlin just looked at Charlotte and raised his eyebrow. He didn't say anything as he turned away and procceded to sit down on the ledge of the roof. "Very vague now aren't you?" He said, "Probably not wanting to speak about your past... must have been painful. I can see it in your eyes. Much older than they should be. Don't worry, your past is your past, if you don't want to go into it, then don't. I have no right to dig."

"As for saving you..." Merlin shrugged, "Typical human self centred views. When some one appears to save them they assume that they did it for them. I didn't save you. I didn't save a single life. I saved the life of everyone in this city, maybe even the world. So, by your logic, I should get a reward from the world right? Well, to bad that won't happen. The world will go on without knowing that I saved it. But hey, that's the story of my life. Working in the shadows to protect both humans and the supernatural from threats they can't handle. So, ignorance is best for the world in this case."

"I do find it interesting that you claim to have not run into the extraordinary..." He started, "12 Mages. Four Vampires. A Djinn. Three Shapeshifters. And one Therianthrope couple. If you were following me, then you would have past all of them as well. You may not be aware of the supernatural and extraordinary, but they are all around... which means that you lack a certain attention to your surroundings, which brings up a question... How have you survived for so long? Surely Heaven wants you dead, and by extension the Order."
"...I don't know, to be honest," she answered quietly, sitting down as well, although making sure to put space between herself and the white-haired boy. "Maybe they don't know I exist. Maybe they don't care enough to try and find me." She sighed, staring down at the city below. "Or maybe they thought letting me survive was a worse punishment than killing me. All my father said on the matter was that, when it comes to Heaven, I'm basically persona non grata. Which I already figured out some time ago." She managed to force a wry grin, adding, "He apologized, too. He apologized to me for my existence. What do you say to that? Other than 'where have you been for the past fourteen years of my life, when I needed you"--She cut herself off, her face reddening slightly. "Sorry... I just... it's hard to think about. What about you? If your entire life is like this... Don't you ever get lonely, or tired of doing things like--well, what you just did, without anyone really knowing or caring at all? If no one ever even says 'thank you'... if no one even really notices that you're there... it must be so lonely." She looked truly saddened by the thought of it. "Doesn't that hurt?"

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:10 pm

Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Miu Arashihana

"Oh, you really have to stop being so meek." Miu said and playful punched Shi on the shoulder with a smile, "I'm not mad at you. You were just curious, it's not your fault. And looking after my little brother doesn't bother me in the slightest. So don't apologize when I come to help you. Stephen King... I am sure he has known horror books if you still want to read his work. Let's go to a bookstore in town and see if we can find you one. How does that sound?"

Arashihana Temple, Kyoto Prefecture,
Third Year of Incarceration, 17°C and Drizzling,
Maybe... Maybe Not... Maybe... Maybe Not

Frowning slightly as his sister called him meek, Shi had to admit that he wasn't the most courageous of individuals in this world. Hell, not even within the next five feet at any moment in time is he considered 'brave' when compared to someone else. Certainly, most ghosts had more courage than the little boy they tormented on the daily. The young mage pulled his legs up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them with a regretful sigh, the sigh of a man that understood his weaknesses and imperfections but also knew that there was nothing he could do about them. At the mention of a bookstore, though, his head immediately popped up with excitement and his expression was very reminiscent of a child being offered candy. "R-Really? Can we?" he asked quietly, staring at his adoptive sister with eyes almost as big as some of the ghosts' he had seen. Then for a moment they shrunk as he remembered the last time he had gone into Kyoto, three years ago...

"Maybe it's best if we did no... You know, if we didn..." Shi attempted to decline, feeling the need to curl up under a blanket somewhere in the Temple and cry himself to sleep yet something inside him told him that declining would be a bad idea. Maybe... maybe it's time to go back out there. he thought to himself for a moment, staring back down at the floor. I mean... Onee-san will be there, so I won't see any ghosts. And... Well, what's the likelihood that he's still out there, huh? Almost null!

"Actually, can we please go?"

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:36 pm

Charlia wrote:
Castle Crashers wrote:Burossamu Akademi
Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
Robyn Stryker

"Hey, wait up," another girl called out, running up behind her. She didn't seem particularly unusual. Her eyes were a slightly reddish shade, but other than that, nothing appeared to be out of the ordinary--short-cropped black hair, a uniform--perfectly normal.

"You're Robyn, right?" she continued, falling into step beside the umbrella-holding girl, not seeming to mind the rain falling on her own head. "I asked around a bit. You're new? I had to transfer here kind of suddenly, some stuff going on with my family, and, well, I was hoping us newbies could stick together, if that's okay with you..." Because you are going to be so much fun. "My name's Kaira," she finished, holding out a hand. "Want to be friends?"

At first, Robyn had assumed the girl had been calling to someone else, but when she turned to give a glance...she was shocked to see the girl running for her in the rain, much to her surprise. She blinked and paused, waiting for the black-haired girl to catch up, and when she had, she made sure that she was under the umbrella too. She listened to the girl talk, shock and surprise clear on her face as she introduced herself and asked if she wanted to be friends. Kaira was a new student too, then? She couldn't recall ever seeing her anywhere around the school, but as such, she guessed that she was really, really new. Not to mention that this girl had been moved for family, too...just as she had. The brown-haired girl smiled again, the thought of someone who could and would relate to her problems a welcoming feeling. Yes, they could understand each other...and how could she possibly turn down an invitation for friendship? That had always been her goal...so her smile grew wider, and she took her hand happily and shook it lightly, gently. "Yes, I'd love to be friends, of course!" She replied quickly, happily, and without hesitation, "My name's Robyn, it's nice to meet you!"

In a moment though, just barely noticed over the sound of the rain splashing against the pavement, there was the loud slapping of shoes against pavement as a young girl dashed towards them, that of whom looked to be around Robyn's age. She took a step back in sheer surprise as the girl burst with excitement as she asked if they were new and asked to be friends. Robyn smiled and laughed as Dominic ran over and apologized, and Robyn shook her head. "Ah, don't worry about it, it's fine! We can be friends, of course, I would love to! My name's Robyn, it's nice to meet you two." She said warmly, but not before she was startled again as her newfound friend, Kaira, lashed out at them. She quickly apologized and bowed, explaining that she simply didn't like to be touched...and Robyn immediately felt sympathy. It was probably because of her family...she could imagine feeling the same. "...it's okay, no need to apologize." She told her in a soft, kind voice. "It was a simple misunderstanding, no need to be sorry!"
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Truth Incarnate
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Truth Incarnate » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:40 pm

Siberia, the Ural Mountains
Things Getting Stranger

"Shit!"

Karl took a moment to stare at the prisoner's bleeding chest, and ran in the opposite direction, towards the antechamber from which Fenris had first entered the facility. Jaiden stayed back for a little while, choosing to put her hands to the ceiling and let it collapse, filling the corridor with rubble, dust and rotten wood. It wasn't very long before they found the main entrance, which was patently free of any corpses or familiar agents.

There was a kerosene lamp on the floor, an overturned table, a few boxes of chalk and some other stuff. But the exit was right there, just beyond a rickety wooden door. They scrounged around the room for a while, accompanied only by the sound of their ragged breathing, and creaking from deeper in the facility. It was taking a little while for that thing to finish of the prisoner, huh? They both stood up, with nothing of importance to show. Jaiden turned to Karl.

"Hey... You don't suppose that the thing back there... You don't think it got Fenris, right?"

"I don't know. But if he might still be in here, we have to find him. And furthermore, that monster... It could be the one preparing that ritual, for all we know. HQ can't be contacted through the snow, we're going to have to take the initiative."

Jaiden and Karl made their way back to the corridor, and pointed their firearms down its length, right at the makeshift barricade of timbers and small stones that had been created earlier. It was only a matter of time before something, or someone, came through. Karl pointed his pistol into the air, and fired one shot, before bringing it back down.

"Okay... And now we wait."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse