NATION

PASSWORD

UDS Gameplay | June Embassy Update

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
User avatar
UDS Dispatch Office
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

UDS Gameplay | June Embassy Update

Postby UDS Dispatch Office » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Image

The Union of Democratic States
Long Live the Union!




The Government of The Union of Democratic States

WA Delegate - Dome Artan
President - Phoenix Coalition
Speaker - Glaciosia
Chairperson - Kanglia
Chief Justice - Kronprinzessin
Chancellor - Thatcher Whitehall
Chancellor - Khevo


About The Union of Democratic States

The Union of Democratic States is a democratic region dedicated to the ideals of freedom, justice, and security for all nations. Guided by these values, the political process is open to all, allowing any player to quickly climb the political ladder. The Union has a very active population at 500 nations, making it among one of the largest regions in NationStates. The community is tightly knit and is proud of the constitution and laws that guide the region. All nations are welcome to join the Union of Democratic States and to contribute to and advance the growth of this up-and-coming world power.


Thinking About Joining The Union of Democratic States?

The Union of Democratic States has many opportunities to offer to new players! Unlike many regions its size, the Union is very open to new players and receptive to new ideas. New players are invited to apply for citizenship, participate in General Assembly debate, rise through the ranks of government, partake in an enjoyable conversations on our discord chat, take part in roleplay, write for a regional newspapers, and much more!


What is this Thread?

This thread is the official NationStates Gameplay thread for The Union of Democratic States, meaning that the government will post important announcements, press releases, and updates here. The discussion should revolve around recent events and updates. Spam and other "off-topic" chatter will not be tolerated.


News Updates / Press Releases





















Last edited by UDS Dispatch Office on Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 50 times in total.

User avatar
UDS Dispatch Office
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby UDS Dispatch Office » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Reserved

User avatar
UDS Dispatch Office
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby UDS Dispatch Office » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Reserved

User avatar
UDS Dispatch Office
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby UDS Dispatch Office » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Reserved

User avatar
UDS Dispatch Office
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby UDS Dispatch Office » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Image

Election Results & Treaty with the South Pacific
An Official Press Release of The Union of Democratic States


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact Information: The United Alioth States (abetheman14#4607) & The Noble Thatcherites (Thatcher#2163)

(Liberty Square, September 26, 2017) — With a very exciting election season coming to a close, the region celebrated when the following winners were announced last Thursday: Kanglia for Prime Minister, Brittalia for World Assembly Delegate, Relfa for Attorney General and Asdersland, The Diamond Confederacy, The Warrior Nations Network (Phoenix), Zaegrad, Zion Imperium, & The United Alioth States for Councillor. Many of the victors were projected to win by a poll conducted by the Union Post last Thursday, however, Asdersland and Phoenix with only 22.2% and 5% approval, managed to beat the odds and win their campaigns.

As its first motion of business, the Council of State appointed Asdersland to be their Speaker. Speaker Asdersland will soon give his official oath to revoke his party loyalties and claim neutrality as Speaker. Prime Minister Kanglia has also appointed his cabinet with Brittalia for Secretary of State, Zion Imperium for Chief of Staff, Relfa for Deputy Prime Minister and The United Alioth States for Press Secretary. Attorney General Relfa has nominated Khevo, Heaveria and The Aetherian Isles for the Supreme Court in a motion last Sunday which has unanimously passed the Council of State and is now awaiting approval in the General Assembly.

The Union of Democratic States has signed the Treaty of Democratic Unity with the South Pacific (TSP), one of the most well-known feeder regions in the world, with one of the most distinguished independent militaries, the South Pacific Special Forces, which actively engages in both raiding & defending alongside our own military. Relations with the South Pacific especially shined during events like the Defender Expo and the UDS hosted R/D games. This treaty will serve to improve and encourage growth and prosperity between both regions. In addition to being an extremely active region in gameplay, the South Pacific is also highly immersed in roleplay. The General Assembly unanimously ratified the treaty, as did the South Pacific. Regarding his foreign affairs victory, Prime Minister Kanglia stated, "I am very happy to have seen this treaty pass so easily by both legislatures. I am excited to continue to further our relationship and to begin an interregional roleplay along with other cultural events to help strengthen our alliance. I am also excited to say that this is only the first step for the Union and that I along with the rest of my administration will continue to push for the advancement of our relationships with other regions that either coincide with our personal values or have been long-standing informal friends". The full text of the treaty can be found here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=881403

###
Last edited by UDS Dispatch Office on Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
UDS Dispatch Office
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby UDS Dispatch Office » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:50 pm

Image

Controversial Court Case and Regional Milestones
An Official Press Release of The Union of Democratic States


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact Information: The United Alioth States (abetheman14#4607)

(Liberty Square, October 20, 2017) — Last Monday on October 9th the Supreme Court case, “The Union of Democratic States vs. North Plegia” finally came to a close. The trial commenced on October 2nd and ran for a bustling 7 days. The case, prosecuted by Justice Alioth States, tackled the illegal seizure of the WA Delegacy from November 27th to the 28th, orchestrated by North Plegia. North Plegia pled guilty to all charges except for fraud and sedition. In the end, the court ruled that North Plegia was guilty of all charges (Namely Fraud and Defiance of Union Electoral Law) except for sedition. As a result, North Plegia was ordered to resign from the World Assembly, as to restart his endorsement count and remain under certain endorsement limitations. North Plegia willingly complied.

On October 6th the Union reached a tremendous milestone by exceeding a population of 500 nations. The Union was founded nearly two years ago on December 18th, 2015, and has grown rapidly since. For the founder and other citizens, it is exciting to see where this region has come. The 500th new nation was called “UDS 500”. The government is still searching for the owner of this puppet account. This milestone can only be attributed to the thankless work of The Glorious Hypetrain who manages the region's API recruitment and the Founder who manages the region's stamp recruitment.

The following nations deserve recognition for having donated stamps to the founder:

Since the last Press Release, the General Assembly has been working at a maximum capacity, passing a total of five bills. The most notable bill presented was the Motion for the Repeal of the Unionist Constitutional Reform Convention, which passed with a sweeping majority. This motion, which was proposed by Prime Minister Kanglia, became the 50th law of the region. Milestones like this remind the citizens of our region that hard work always pays off. Regarding this milestone, Speaker Asdersland stated, “I'd like to thank the Council for the wonderful work that they've done to flesh out our bills and the General Assembly for their hard work, dedication, and most importantly, the fact that they are exercised their civil right and duty of voting on laws to improve our region. Let's celebrate the fact that we have passed 50 laws by continuing this important work that helps you, your fellow citizens, and the Union as a whole!”

###
Last edited by UDS Dispatch Office on Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UDS Dispatch Office
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Statement Regarding the Enadian Union

Postby UDS Dispatch Office » Tue May 01, 2018 4:57 pm

Image

Statement Regarding the Enadian Union
Ministry of Foreign Affairs


The Union of Democratic States prides itself on being a lenient and practical diplomatic partner in nearly all situations. We enjoy sharing strong relations with regions that appreciate our values and respect our sovereignty. The events of the past few weeks, however, made it evident that the government of the Enadian Union systematically fails to adhere to these simple standards.

On April 24th, the Enadian government sent a recruitment telegram to all members of the World Assembly instructing them to move to Enadia. This telegram, being sent from a user created region to other UCRs, was undoubtedly an attempt by Enadia to poach members from the Union of Democratic States and the rest of the UCR community. Immediately after discovering the unethical telegram, Union officials notified the appropriate Enadian authorities of their mistake. After fruitless discussions, the World Assembly delegate of Enadia excused this ill-advised practice, stating it was “an exploitable loophole.” This statement, along with the Enadian government's refusal to cease these telegrams, is quite alarming.

Additionally, the conduct of Enadian officials has demonstrated that the region is no longer stable. On April 24th, the Vice President of Enadia, Gothikka, crashed the region’s Discord server and banished most of its members. This was not the first time a stunt like this was executed by a trusted Enadian government official. Similar transgressions were committed by Vice President Maurcil in January and Vice President Ryan in early April. Most contemptuously, Enadian authorities (most notably the founder) have unapologetically banned official Union ambassadors from their Discord server. Although the UDS has dealt with its fair share of spammers and crashers, these events in Enadia are especially notable because they were committed by influential and high-level members of the Enadian government, showcasing the region’s serious lack of security and stability.

On repeated occasions, Enadian officials have expressed their distaste for the Union’s government and their contempt for the region as a whole. One diplomat stated that when they see the Union’s cabinet in a happy mood they plan to “bring popcorn and a recorder.” The diplomat went on to explain that they would be sure to sit on the edge of their seat for the spectacle. These words are degrading and disgraceful.

For these reasons, the Union of Democratic States will be recalling its ambassador, rescinding Enadia’s embassy status, and severing all relations with the Enadian Union. The Union of Democratic States will not tolerate unethical recruitment practices, continued insecurity, blatant violations of Libcord policy, and rude behavior towards our diplomats and regional dignitaries. It is the opinion of the Union of Democratic States that the Enadian Union must undergo a significant improvement in regional attitude and atmosphere before it should be allowed to interact with our region and the rest of the Gameplay community.

Signed,
Khevo, Prime Minister
Relfa, Minister of Foreign Affairs
Last edited by UDS Dispatch Office on Sat May 09, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6485
Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Good evening,

I write this post as an individual. While I draw on my administrative experience in writing this, I am not writing as an administrator, member, or other representative of any region.

I’m posting in your thread today because you maintain an embassy with The South Pacific, which according to their forums, means you are an ally.

I’d like to bring to your attention, should they not already be in it, some recent events that have been happening in The South Pacific, that I’d hope would concern you.

1) 6 weeks ago, The South Pacific issued several proscriptions. Among those proscriptions was one aimed at me. Within that proscription, the cabinet:

>Repeats a claim they’ve made concerning an interaction I once had with Imkitopia, which Imki herself says she does not wanted used, because it is a “non-issue.” Bonus.
>Puts words into TWP’s mouth while vaguely accusing me of “ill-suited conduct.”
>Puts words into TEP’s mouth while accusing me of “blackmail,” something their criminal code solidifies as a very serious accusation, something they’ve shown no evidence for, and something which TEP confirms is nonsense.
Items 2 and 3 there have been quietly walked back to a degree in my suit on the matter in their court system (which you may find useful to read for more detail), but remain in the official Proscription, and without public withdrawal/correction.

2) Nearly 2 weeks ago, the administrative team in The South Pacific issued an administrative ban of prominent members (and political enemies of sections of the admin team) Tim and Escade, shortly after both they and several admins received a 48 hour discord posting ban. In the announcement, they are accused by a root admin of “clear and ongoing harassment,” a claim that the Prime Minister supports, and which another root admin adds a claim of “targeted bullying” to. These are very serious claims, of course, and several members of The South Pacific reasonably asked for evidence of. The admin team has, instead, refused to share evidence or even specific details of claims with the accused or anyone else outside their team, largely only saying that “various high ranking and highly respected players made complaints and, I think the responses of to this thread support the decision.” When pressed further, the only details provided are entirely to do with regional politics and not harassment, and even name a political recall process against the banned players as an example of an administrative warning. Other administrators have confirmed that no evidence has yet been forwarded to them.

This whole process, accusations of harassment without evidence or intent to provide evidence (as repeatedly stressed), is not only against TSP’s own Forum Moderation Policy which states ” Do not make false accusations in order to tarnish the reputations of other people. If you make an accusation, it is your responsibility to provide sufficient proof,” but is also against the basic standards of good moderation. For example, TSP’s most recent prior announced administrative ban in their operations center mirrored the result of a Europeian investigation which, while on the less detailed end of the spectrum for Europeia’s investigative work, still makes clear and specific accusations, explicitly mentions that they have specific and relevant evidence that *supports* personal testimony, and which presumably in line with Euro’s usual administrative processed, is available for further inquiry by other admin teams. Meanwhile, TSP makes excuses not to share evidence that include “The admins aren't going to do anything that will just give Tim and Escade ammo from wherever they plant their feet after TSP,” and (paraphrasing this time), ‘it’d be too hard to draw specific evidence out of a litany of quotes without context.’ Historically, the spread of such unverified claims, even with expressed intent to provide verification in the near future, has been met with incredible (and rightful) backlash. In this case, the only intent shown has been to avoid going into any detail at all. Regardless of the debate as to whether or not bans were warranted, I think we can generally agree that accusations of harassment with no intent to provide proof in the present or future are not something we support.

3) In the course of this matter being brought into the public light, it’s come out that three out of the four administrators in TSP, along with the current Prime Minister, hang out with the player Unibot in a private server. As you likely know, Unibot is a player that, for good reasons that cannot be discussed here, is banned from most every large region and their offsite communication areas with extreme prejudice, and who is near-universally barred from even attending public offsite Gameplay community events. The fourth, uninvolved administrator effectively confirms this, in a post mentioning the fact that Tim once brought this matter up, in a post that can best be summed up as (not an actual quote) "questioning this association is fine, but also not fine, because we're using questioning it as one of our few explicit reasons why you deserved your ban, because it's 'smearing,' and you're questioning it in bad faith because you were asked to calm down about it but did not." While policing who others associate with is not often a level to which we go as a community, there are indeed individuals whom we strive to isolate from Gameplay, and the majority of those running TSP associating closely with such an individual seems to me like cause for concern.


Further complicating all of these issues is that the chance of internal action occurring to resolve any of them is incredibly low. The only two bodies in TSP that can potentially provide consequences like removing an admin under current TSP law are “the admin team” and “the high court.” Two out of the three high court justices *are* involved administrators, and for bonus points, the third involved administrator is the chair of TSP legislative body, and the fourth involved person is the Prime Minister, head of the Cabinet (executive).

For more information on all of these matters and more, I would suggest taking the time to read threads I have linked throughout in full, notably, the one announcing the administrative ban, as well as either the last 13 pages of the TSP thread (including the proscriptions) or the last 6 pages (including just the bans+unibot). I would also be happy to do my best to point you at existing prior posts that might answer questions you may have.

As mentioned, it has been nearly two weeks since the latter two issues have come to light, with no visible movement on them in over a week. As a region with notable diplomatic ties with TSP, as well as one who promotes the notable "Keeping NationStates Safe: A Campaign Against Harassment" dispatch on your region's page, do you condone this sort of not-typically-acceptable behavior in both foreign interactions and administrative policy? If you do not find it acceptable, do you plan to take any actions expressing such, such as a public condemnation of these activities, and/or consequences for not resolving them?

Thank you for your time.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

User avatar
UDS Dispatch Office
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

August Embassy Update

Postby UDS Dispatch Office » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:13 pm

Image

August Embassy Update
Ministry of Foreign Affairs


Controversial August General Election Comes to a Close
by North Plegia

The Noble Thatcherites was declared Prime Minister by Deputy Prime Minister North Plegia following a controversial August general election. The Noble Thatcherites, leading the Way Forward Caucus, chose North Plegia as his running mate. Phoenix, alongside the Coalition for a Better Union, challenged Thatcher and chose Brittalia as his running mate. Both campaigns emphasized the need to fix the declining state of the region. Thatcher’s campaign focused on establishing a new constitution, increased accountability, and a stamp drive. Phoenix’s campaign focused on increased delegation of duties, bi-weekly accountability reports, and a stamp incentive program. This was perhaps the most competitive election in Union history, resulting in a 9-9 tie of the electorate. Per Union law, the deciding vote went to the Senate. After a day of voting the Senate, once again, resulted in a tie. 4 votes per candidate. This brought the final decision to the Deputy Prime Minister, North Plegia, who voted for Thatcher, his running mate. In his inaugural address Thatcher thanked Phoenix and Brittalia for running an honorable campaign and highlighted the challenges of the term ahead, calling the citizens to action. “My administration will place an emphasis on reinstating basic government functions, with our primary policy goal being recruitment. Recruitment is the most important task pertinent to the survival of the Union...We have an extraordinary chance right now in Union history to fix this region. Now is not a time for trepidation.” Thatcher nominated North Plegia for Minister of Foreign Affairs, Phoenix for Minister of the Census, and Tanisha for Minister of Culture.

In addition to electing a Prime Minister, the August General Election also saw the election of a Senate and Attorney General. While the Senate race was uncontroversial and saw the election of Tanisha, Khevo, Blazeville, Asdersland, Australia Hungary, and North Plegia, the Attorney General race proved to be yet another competitive race. Tanisha ran against Australia Hungary for the position of Attorney General. Tanisha’s platform emphasized an active judiciary with the slogan “Real Leadership. An Active Government.” Australia Hungary’s platform emphasized a review of previous precedents and increased organization with the slogan “Clear plan for us, vote AH.” In the initial ballot, Tanisha received 9 votes, Australia Hungary received 7 votes, and re-open nominations “RON” received 2 votes. Because no candidate received a majority, a runoff election was held with RON no longer available as an option. In the final ballot Tanisha received 13 votes and Australia Hungary received 5 votes. Tanisha was elected Attorney General.

UDSAF Activity Report
by We The People

During the month of August, UDSAF personnel made one Libcord appearance. During that update, a sum of 11 detags took place. The UDSAF has not conducted any operations on their own during the month of August.
Last edited by UDS Dispatch Office on Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Bowzin
Envoy
 
Posts: 258
Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bowzin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:41 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Good evening,

I write this post as an individual. While I draw on my administrative experience in writing this, I am not writing as an administrator, member, or other representative of any region.

I’m posting in your thread today because you maintain an embassy with The South Pacific, which according to their forums, means you are an ally.

I’d like to bring to your attention, should they not already be in it, some recent events that have been happening in The South Pacific, that I’d hope would concern you.

1) 6 weeks ago, The South Pacific issued several proscriptions. Among those proscriptions was one aimed at me. Within that proscription, the cabinet:

>Repeats a claim they’ve made concerning an interaction I once had with Imkitopia, which Imki herself says she does not wanted used, because it is a “non-issue.” Bonus.
>Puts words into TWP’s mouth while vaguely accusing me of “ill-suited conduct.”
>Puts words into TEP’s mouth while accusing me of “blackmail,” something their criminal code solidifies as a very serious accusation, something they’ve shown no evidence for, and something which TEP confirms is nonsense.
Items 2 and 3 there have been quietly walked back to a degree in my suit on the matter in their court system (which you may find useful to read for more detail), but remain in the official Proscription, and without public withdrawal/correction.

2) Nearly 2 weeks ago, the administrative team in The South Pacific issued an administrative ban of prominent members (and political enemies of sections of the admin team) Tim and Escade, shortly after both they and several admins received a 48 hour discord posting ban. In the announcement, they are accused by a root admin of “clear and ongoing harassment,” a claim that the Prime Minister supports, and which another root admin adds a claim of “targeted bullying” to. These are very serious claims, of course, and several members of The South Pacific reasonably asked for evidence of. The admin team has, instead, refused to share evidence or even specific details of claims with the accused or anyone else outside their team, largely only saying that “various high ranking and highly respected players made complaints and, I think the responses of to this thread support the decision.” When pressed further, the only details provided are entirely to do with regional politics and not harassment, and even name a political recall process against the banned players as an example of an administrative warning. Other administrators have confirmed that no evidence has yet been forwarded to them.

This whole process, accusations of harassment without evidence or intent to provide evidence (as repeatedly stressed), is not only against TSP’s own Forum Moderation Policy which states ” Do not make false accusations in order to tarnish the reputations of other people. If you make an accusation, it is your responsibility to provide sufficient proof,” but is also against the basic standards of good moderation. For example, TSP’s most recent prior announced administrative ban in their operations center mirrored the result of a Europeian investigation which, while on the less detailed end of the spectrum for Europeia’s investigative work, still makes clear and specific accusations, explicitly mentions that they have specific and relevant evidence that *supports* personal testimony, and which presumably in line with Euro’s usual administrative processed, is available for further inquiry by other admin teams. Meanwhile, TSP makes excuses not to share evidence that include “The admins aren't going to do anything that will just give Tim and Escade ammo from wherever they plant their feet after TSP,” and (paraphrasing this time), ‘it’d be too hard to draw specific evidence out of a litany of quotes without context.’ Historically, the spread of such unverified claims, even with expressed intent to provide verification in the near future, has been met with incredible (and rightful) backlash. In this case, the only intent shown has been to avoid going into any detail at all. Regardless of the debate as to whether or not bans were warranted, I think we can generally agree that accusations of harassment with no intent to provide proof in the present or future are not something we support.

3) In the course of this matter being brought into the public light, it’s come out that three out of the four administrators in TSP, along with the current Prime Minister, hang out with the player Unibot in a private server. As you likely know, Unibot is a player that, for good reasons that cannot be discussed here, is banned from most every large region and their offsite communication areas with extreme prejudice, and who is near-universally barred from even attending public offsite Gameplay community events. The fourth, uninvolved administrator effectively confirms this, in a post mentioning the fact that Tim once brought this matter up, in a post that can best be summed up as (not an actual quote) "questioning this association is fine, but also not fine, because we're using questioning it as one of our few explicit reasons why you deserved your ban, because it's 'smearing,' and you're questioning it in bad faith because you were asked to calm down about it but did not." While policing who others associate with is not often a level to which we go as a community, there are indeed individuals whom we strive to isolate from Gameplay, and the majority of those running TSP associating closely with such an individual seems to me like cause for concern.


Further complicating all of these issues is that the chance of internal action occurring to resolve any of them is incredibly low. The only two bodies in TSP that can potentially provide consequences like removing an admin under current TSP law are “the admin team” and “the high court.” Two out of the three high court justices *are* involved administrators, and for bonus points, the third involved administrator is the chair of TSP legislative body, and the fourth involved person is the Prime Minister, head of the Cabinet (executive).

For more information on all of these matters and more, I would suggest taking the time to read threads I have linked throughout in full, notably, the one announcing the administrative ban, as well as either the last 13 pages of the TSP thread (including the proscriptions) or the last 6 pages (including just the bans+unibot). I would also be happy to do my best to point you at existing prior posts that might answer questions you may have.

As mentioned, it has been nearly two weeks since the latter two issues have come to light, with no visible movement on them in over a week. As a region with notable diplomatic ties with TSP, as well as one who promotes the notable "Keeping NationStates Safe: A Campaign Against Harassment" dispatch on your region's page, do you condone this sort of not-typically-acceptable behavior in both foreign interactions and administrative policy? If you do not find it acceptable, do you plan to take any actions expressing such, such as a public condemnation of these activities, and/or consequences for not resolving them?

Thank you for your time.

straight up ignored for an entire year, I think it is time you give Souls a response /s
Anyway, welcome back, it's been a while since you guys posted an update it seems.
Bowzin Vytherov-Skollvaldr
| Statsminister of Balder |
Want to know my whole story? Check my Resume Dispatch

User avatar
The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat
 
Posts: 505
Founded: Dec 03, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:51 am

Bowzin wrote:
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Good evening,

I write this post as an individual. While I draw on my administrative experience in writing this, I am not writing as an administrator, member, or other representative of any region.

I’m posting in your thread today because you maintain an embassy with The South Pacific, which according to their forums, means you are an ally.

I’d like to bring to your attention, should they not already be in it, some recent events that have been happening in The South Pacific, that I’d hope would concern you.

1) 6 weeks ago, The South Pacific issued several proscriptions. Among those proscriptions was one aimed at me. Within that proscription, the cabinet:

>Repeats a claim they’ve made concerning an interaction I once had with Imkitopia, which Imki herself says she does not wanted used, because it is a “non-issue.” Bonus.
>Puts words into TWP’s mouth while vaguely accusing me of “ill-suited conduct.”
>Puts words into TEP’s mouth while accusing me of “blackmail,” something their criminal code solidifies as a very serious accusation, something they’ve shown no evidence for, and something which TEP confirms is nonsense.
Items 2 and 3 there have been quietly walked back to a degree in my suit on the matter in their court system (which you may find useful to read for more detail), but remain in the official Proscription, and without public withdrawal/correction.

2) Nearly 2 weeks ago, the administrative team in The South Pacific issued an administrative ban of prominent members (and political enemies of sections of the admin team) Tim and Escade, shortly after both they and several admins received a 48 hour discord posting ban. In the announcement, they are accused by a root admin of “clear and ongoing harassment,” a claim that the Prime Minister supports, and which another root admin adds a claim of “targeted bullying” to. These are very serious claims, of course, and several members of The South Pacific reasonably asked for evidence of. The admin team has, instead, refused to share evidence or even specific details of claims with the accused or anyone else outside their team, largely only saying that “various high ranking and highly respected players made complaints and, I think the responses of to this thread support the decision.” When pressed further, the only details provided are entirely to do with regional politics and not harassment, and even name a political recall process against the banned players as an example of an administrative warning. Other administrators have confirmed that no evidence has yet been forwarded to them.

This whole process, accusations of harassment without evidence or intent to provide evidence (as repeatedly stressed), is not only against TSP’s own Forum Moderation Policy which states ” Do not make false accusations in order to tarnish the reputations of other people. If you make an accusation, it is your responsibility to provide sufficient proof,” but is also against the basic standards of good moderation. For example, TSP’s most recent prior announced administrative ban in their operations center mirrored the result of a Europeian investigation which, while on the less detailed end of the spectrum for Europeia’s investigative work, still makes clear and specific accusations, explicitly mentions that they have specific and relevant evidence that *supports* personal testimony, and which presumably in line with Euro’s usual administrative processed, is available for further inquiry by other admin teams. Meanwhile, TSP makes excuses not to share evidence that include “The admins aren't going to do anything that will just give Tim and Escade ammo from wherever they plant their feet after TSP,” and (paraphrasing this time), ‘it’d be too hard to draw specific evidence out of a litany of quotes without context.’ Historically, the spread of such unverified claims, even with expressed intent to provide verification in the near future, has been met with incredible (and rightful) backlash. In this case, the only intent shown has been to avoid going into any detail at all. Regardless of the debate as to whether or not bans were warranted, I think we can generally agree that accusations of harassment with no intent to provide proof in the present or future are not something we support.

3) In the course of this matter being brought into the public light, it’s come out that three out of the four administrators in TSP, along with the current Prime Minister, hang out with the player Unibot in a private server. As you likely know, Unibot is a player that, for good reasons that cannot be discussed here, is banned from most every large region and their offsite communication areas with extreme prejudice, and who is near-universally barred from even attending public offsite Gameplay community events. The fourth, uninvolved administrator effectively confirms this, in a post mentioning the fact that Tim once brought this matter up, in a post that can best be summed up as (not an actual quote) "questioning this association is fine, but also not fine, because we're using questioning it as one of our few explicit reasons why you deserved your ban, because it's 'smearing,' and you're questioning it in bad faith because you were asked to calm down about it but did not." While policing who others associate with is not often a level to which we go as a community, there are indeed individuals whom we strive to isolate from Gameplay, and the majority of those running TSP associating closely with such an individual seems to me like cause for concern.


Further complicating all of these issues is that the chance of internal action occurring to resolve any of them is incredibly low. The only two bodies in TSP that can potentially provide consequences like removing an admin under current TSP law are “the admin team” and “the high court.” Two out of the three high court justices *are* involved administrators, and for bonus points, the third involved administrator is the chair of TSP legislative body, and the fourth involved person is the Prime Minister, head of the Cabinet (executive).

For more information on all of these matters and more, I would suggest taking the time to read threads I have linked throughout in full, notably, the one announcing the administrative ban, as well as either the last 13 pages of the TSP thread (including the proscriptions) or the last 6 pages (including just the bans+unibot). I would also be happy to do my best to point you at existing prior posts that might answer questions you may have.

As mentioned, it has been nearly two weeks since the latter two issues have come to light, with no visible movement on them in over a week. As a region with notable diplomatic ties with TSP, as well as one who promotes the notable "Keeping NationStates Safe: A Campaign Against Harassment" dispatch on your region's page, do you condone this sort of not-typically-acceptable behavior in both foreign interactions and administrative policy? If you do not find it acceptable, do you plan to take any actions expressing such, such as a public condemnation of these activities, and/or consequences for not resolving them?

Thank you for your time.

straight up ignored for an entire year, I think it is time you give Souls a response /s
Anyway, welcome back, it's been a while since you guys posted an update it seems.
Hi Bowzin. It’s good to see you!

Regarding Souls’ statement, I was not in the government at that time and I am unsure why a response was never released. As Prime Minister now, I am disappointed by the actions of The South Pacific’s government for inappropriately using evidence. As an administrator, I am disappointed by the actions of The South Pacific’s administrative team for failing to provide evidence (besides anonymous testemonials) for their very serious claims against Tim and Escade. Despite these failings, I do not believe that this warrants a review of our relationship with The South Pacific.
Last edited by The Noble Thatcherites on Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)


The Union of Democratic States

User avatar
Numero Capitan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 477
Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Father Knows Best State

Postby Numero Capitan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:11 pm

Can we reset TBH back to factory settings when their members weren't so embarrassingly petty
A WORLD POWER:
Peace through Defence


Moderators think I'm Erinor, raiders think I'm Ursidae

00000 A World Power | The South Pacific | Conch Kingdom

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2453
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:48 pm

Numero Capitan wrote:Can we reset TBH back to factory settings when their members weren't so embarrassingly petty

Bowzin was pretty clearly joking, as the "/s" in his post was meant to indicate.

Even if he hadn't been joking, I don't see how it's petty or at all unreasonable to inquire about an unanswered question.

I'd ask if we can reset washed up FRA member regions and the armchair fendas who come from them to factory settings when their members weren't so embarrassingly petty, but I already know the answer to that -- embarrassingly petty has always been and will always be you folks' factory setting.

This is not how defending is supposed to be.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Liberty, Democracy, Solidarity - Thalassia

"Follow your arrow wherever it points." - Kacey Musgraves

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6091
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:20 pm

Numero Capitan wrote:Can we reset TBH back to factory settings when their members weren't so embarrassingly petty

Did you even read Souls' post, or do you just start working on the snide remark without bothering to read it.
The Grey Wardens - First Warden
Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

User avatar
Vincent Drake
Envoy
 
Posts: 330
Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:35 pm

I can't support this shot at TBH, either. We are trying to de-escalate after things got taken too far in general. It may feel good to fire out, but is really counter-productive, especially in this situation where Souls has a legitimate case and a right to due process like anyone else, regardless of how you feel about his actions or org.
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

User avatar
Numero Capitan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 477
Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Father Knows Best State

Postby Numero Capitan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:51 am

A lot of irony knocking around here

Did you even read Souls' post, or do you just start working on the snide remark without bothering to read it.


Honestly, I have about 100 issues with Souls post, the motivations for doing it and the process that I'd follow if I were in their shoes. Not going to drag it up a year later though, I sat back and took note of it at the time and frankly none of it is anything to do with me. Appreciate others will feel differently.

I'm not trying to take shots at TBH, I think they genuinely need to go back and see how their predecessors within the region operated, because it was far superior to all this^

P.S. I tend to ignore the looneys who show up on the sidelines, no offense intended
A WORLD POWER:
Peace through Defence


Moderators think I'm Erinor, raiders think I'm Ursidae

00000 A World Power | The South Pacific | Conch Kingdom

User avatar
Scottiesland
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 57
Founded: Dec 21, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Scottiesland » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:36 am

Numero Capitan wrote:A lot of irony knocking around here

Did you even read Souls' post, or do you just start working on the snide remark without bothering to read it.


Honestly, I have about 100 issues with Souls post, the motivations for doing it and the process that I'd follow if I were in their shoes. Not going to drag it up a year later though, I sat back and took note of it at the time and frankly none of it is anything to do with me. Appreciate others will feel differently.

I'm not trying to take shots at TBH, I think they genuinely need to go back and see how their predecessors within the region operated, because it was far superior to all this^

P.S. I tend to ignore the looneys who show up on the sidelines, no offense intended

So Souls is 100% just a rando on the sideline mhm

Also yeah TBH should go back to whatever their past was and not be the region known for raiding? Yes. 100%.

User avatar
Bowzin
Envoy
 
Posts: 258
Founded: Aug 13, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Bowzin » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:46 am

Numero Capitan wrote:Can we reset TBH back to factory settings when their members weren't so embarrassingly petty

Maybe you don't quite understand "/s"
Basically, since there is no way to convey a tone of voice over text, people came up with the idea of "/s" to imply a tone of sarcasm. Therefore, when I put "/s" on my post, it is to show I was being sarcastic about them responding to Souls. I wasn't being petty. I clicked on a forum thread that had a new unread post. Naturally I scroll up to see if there are any other posts I missed, and I saw the last post was from a year ago. So, I made a joke about them never responding, since the thread was dead for a year.
After making my sarcastic comment, I moved on to welcome them back to activity, clearly showing I held no ill-will for them not responding to someone else's post a year ago, because quite frankly it has nothing to do with me.
However, what you decided to do was take that comment and try to use it as fuel against TBH, since you obviously hold a grudge. Despite others pointing out that you overlooked my "/s" and disagreeing with your attempt at taking a "shot at TBH", you continued to stand your ground and claim I am being petty on TBH's behalf, when I was just making a comment of my own freewill, a sarcastic one at that. Next time, if you want your opinion to be legitimate, you should try responding to the criticism people make to it, instead of ignoring the criticism you have no defense for, it just shows you are in the wrong.
Bowzin Vytherov-Skollvaldr
| Statsminister of Balder |
Want to know my whole story? Check my Resume Dispatch

User avatar
Sandaoguo
Envoy
 
Posts: 218
Founded: Apr 07, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sandaoguo » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:15 pm

First, the pleasant business...

To the Union of Democratic States, congratulations on your recently concluded elections. It's always heartwarming to see democracy alive and well in NationStates, even if things may get turbulent at times. TSP looks forward to hearing more about the future for the UDS <3

Now, for the slightly less pleasant business...

Vincent Drake wrote:I can't support this shot at TBH, either. We are trying to de-escalate after things got taken too far in general. It may feel good to fire out, but is really counter-productive, especially in this situation where Souls has a legitimate case and a right to due process like anyone else, regardless of how you feel about his actions or org.


I want to be crystal clear here, as I won't be polluting UDS's embassy with zombie arguments following this post: Souls never had, and does not currently have, any kind of "legitimate case" before The South Pacific. The claims made in that post from September 2017 have been thoroughly proven false, and he was shown to be duplicitous and scheming coups and infiltration against TSP and other regions via the Red Phone Discord chat logs.

Due respect to you Vincent, and to the Grey Wardens, but what you've said here could not be more wrong. We should not be laying the ground work for more unacceptable behavior by perpetuating the myth that Ever-Wandering Souls was acting in good faith. It was abundantly clear after the Red Phone intel release that they were knowingly lying and misrepresenting themselves, TBH, and fellow raiders, while also hoodwinking the entire Gameplay community in an attempt to ostracize TSP for political or personal reasons (the motivation may never be clear). De-escalate as you wish, but it will be a downright shame if Souls is simply allowed to rise unscathed after such dishonesty and duplicity, because this myth over having a "legitimate case" gets repeated as truth.
Last edited by Sandaoguo on Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
UDS Dispatch Office
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

September Embassy Update

Postby UDS Dispatch Office » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:24 pm

Image

September Embassy Update
Ministry of Foreign Affairs


Ministry of the Census Oversees Steady Rise in Population
by North Plegia

The Ministry of the Census, led by Nick47274, has successfully managed a recruitment and stamp program thus far, which has seen positive results. When the fall administration took office on the 30th of August, the regional population hovered at around 100 nations. As of the 11th of October, this number has more than doubled to 218 nations. Despite the boost in population, the citizenship counter has only received two new applications since the start of the fall term. One of the most important tasks of the government moving forward is to foster a sustainable population of citizens and spark regional activity.

New Ambassador List Announced by the Government
by North Plegia

Minister of Foreign Affairs North Plegia has announced that the Union will be operating on a new and updated ambassador list. All regions who have embassies with the Union of Democratic States can anticipate a new ambassador in the coming weeks. North Plegia announced that the applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis, and all ambassadorships are up for grabs. North Plegia advised all prospective ambassadors that "since the Union’s government is committed to a legislative reboot following the ratification of a new Constitution, the details of future foreign affairs law and procedure are not entirely clear. However, principally, ambassadors must report regional happenings to the GCR or UCR deputy minister, depending on which region they are appointed to.”

Constitutional Convention on the Horizon
by North Plegia

The Union of Democratic States is officially undergoing another Constitutional Convention after the Executive, the Legislature, and the broader regional Electorate have come to the conclusion that the current Constitution is obsolete. The most recent Constitutional Convention was held in March 2019, although no new founding document came to fruition.

Thatcher's Government campaigned on the promise of replacing the current Constitution which has held status as the ruling authoritative document of the region for nearly two years. It is understood that a new constitutional document will coincide a complete legislative reboot, meaning all ratified laws and executive orders since the beginning of the Union’s history will be null & void.

Senator Blazeville Isles Territory introduced a Motion to Establish a Constitutional Convention on September 13th, per Senate procedure. The motion passed overwhelmingly with all six Senators voting in favor. Subsequently, the motion was introduced to the broader electorate, which also voted convincingly in favour of a constitutional convention with 86% approval. The onus now lies on the Government to put forth a draft that will serve as the basis of the Union's future. The Way Forward Caucus developed a draft document for this very purpose months in advance to the convention. It has yet to be seen whether this draft, or any draft, can hold up to the scrutiny of this new Constitutional Convention.

Unionists Participated in N-Day through Canopy Alliance
by North Plegia

As part of the annual N-Day event, the Union of Democratic States joined Canopy Command in partnership with 10000 Islands, Europe, Wintreath, The Hole To Hide In, Forest, The International Democratic Union, Yggdrasil, Oatland, and others. Ten Unionists took part in the event and assisted Canopy to a victorious second place on the leaderboard. Canopy sustained zero radiation. Khevo, a command leader for the UDS, commended Canopy, stating, “Overall, it was a very effective and well-run operation. Everyone was involved and there was great camaraderie among the group. This made the event even more enjoyable.”

UDSAF Activity Report
by We The People

During the previous month, the UDSAF participated in two piling missions, both with the explicit purpose of building influence to banject raiders. Those missions were directed by Libcord organizations.
Last edited by UDS Dispatch Office on Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5966
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Corporate Police State

Postby Lord Dominator » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:29 pm

And we (Forest/Canopy) were glad to have you in turn :)
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
Kuriko
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1173
Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kuriko » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:52 pm

I'm glad to see the Union returning to activity, good report! :)
WA Secretary-General
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
Registrar-General and Chief of Staff of the 10000 Islands
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Former TITO Tactical Officer
Former Commander of TGW, UDSAF, and FORGE
Proud founder of The Hole To Hide In
Person behind the Regional Officer resignation button
Person behind the Offsite Chat tag and the Jump Point tag
WA Character limit increase to 5,000 characters

User avatar
Kaystein
Diplomat
 
Posts: 654
Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kaystein » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:16 pm

Looks interesting. I might move here in the future.

User avatar
The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat
 
Posts: 505
Founded: Dec 03, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:03 am

Lord Dominator wrote:And we (Forest/Canopy) were glad to have you in turn :)
Thank you LD! Canopy showed tremendous hospitality. We thoroughly enjoyed the event.
Kuriko wrote:I'm glad to see the Union returning to activity, good report! :)
Thank you Kuriko! :)
Kaystein wrote:Looks interesting. I might move here in the future.
You should consider it! We offer a hard-working vibrant and diverse community. From role-play to very serious government work we offer quite a lot!
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)


The Union of Democratic States

User avatar
UDS Dispatch Office
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Dec 15, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

October Embassy Update

Postby UDS Dispatch Office » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:18 am

Image

October Embassy Update
Ministry of Foreign Affairs


Constitutional Convention Continued: Chancellory Veto-Power Scrapped
by North Plegia

Progress in the Union’s Constitutional Convention was slower than originally intended as the region debated the intricacies of the proposed Constitution drafted by the Way Forward Caucus. The Government committed to fulfilling its primary legislative pledge to bring a fresh Constitution to the Union. Former Deputy Chief Justice Die Kronprinzessin led criticism against the Constitutional draft, publishing her own set of complaints on the regional forum. The primary grievance she outlined was the formation of a Chancellery which would be headed by the Founder, The Noble Thatcherites, and the second-longest enrolled citizen, Khevo, tasked with overseeing elections and maintaining the Union's democratic system via the use of veto power. The Chancellery would also be responsible for appointing the World Assembly Delegate.

In response to the major criticisms levied against the Chancellery, The Noble Thatcherites removed its distinctive veto power. With regard to the other observations made by Kronprinzessin, the Noble Thatcherites commented: "I don’t have the time now to respond in full, but I imagine that a lot of what you have said will be corrected through changes to the draft.”

(Note: Since the writing of this report, the Constitutional Convention ended pursuant to regional law without a time extension granted by the Senate. No constitutional document was produced.)

Population Steadily Increased; World Assembly Influence Remained Stagnant
by North Plegia

Over the past month, the regional population steadily increased by 20 nations, marking a decline in growth compared to last month. Despite the population increase, World Assembly influence in the Union has not picked up, with only a small increase of about 40 endorsements since the start of the Prime Minister's term in August.

Zombies Sweep the Union!
by North Plegia

Following a Cabinet discussion which concerned Z-Day preparations, it became evident to all involved that no individual was able to devote the required time and energy into properly organizing the nations of the Union to defend against the zombie hordes. Thatcher subsequently made the following announcement: "Given the prevalence of homework and other priorities the Executive branch will not be managing this years Z-Day event.” However, Thatcher opened the door for any willing citizen to lead the struggle. Despite the lack of government involvement, the nations of the Union seemed to enjoy the event, with over 40 RMB posts devoted to the effort. The government and people of the Union wish gameplay a happy Halloween!

New Ambassadors Appointed
by North Plegia

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs assigned new ambassadors to Union embassies. All ambassador appointments are expected to be completed by mid November. With a shortage of available personnel, ambassadors may be assigned to multiple embassies.

UDSAF Activity Report
by We The People

In the past month, the UDSAF participated in a piling operation to defend our close ally Philippines from a raid. The UDSAF did not make any significant contributions to Libcord operations this month.

All articles edited by North Plegia and The Noble Thatcherites
Last edited by UDS Dispatch Office on Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Raionitu

Advertisement

Remove ads