NATION

PASSWORD

The Event-IC [Character based RP]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

The Event-IC [Character based RP]

Postby Chewion » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Life in South Bend, Indiana was normally up until January 27th, 2017. That night an undetected meteor shower hit the area causing minor physical damage to infrastructures the city and the countryside around it. However this damage was not the worst of what this shower brought. The meteors that rained down that night carried with them an unknown form of cosmic radiation from somewhere in the vast blackness of space. While this radiation was low in most surviving meteors, a few had large amounts of the radiation. These ones, when found by humans, changed how their genetics were structured and mutated them giving them powers. However most decided to keep their emerging powers hidden from the public out of fear of being shunned. Now, however, some are using their powers for personal gain and terrorizing the city and rumors of these superpowered criminals are starting to spread around. Even with these super powered villains the worst is yet to come. The shower brought far more than just radiation to this planet.

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=423995&p=32533243#p32533243
Last edited by Chewion on Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:33 pm

January 27th, 2017
8:55 PM
Brandon Kiser

Brandon was walking alone down the street on his way back from a friends house when it all happened. The sky seemed to fall as small objects plummeted towards the grown. Brandon stood there in shock just staring and that's when one larger one struck the transformer above him and sparks rained down. Brandon covered himself quickly as a few larger ones made contact with his bare skin giving him a slight sting. Shaking it off Brandon got closer to the kickball sized rock before reaching down and touching it which he instantly regretted. As soon as he made contact he felt his muscles seize up for a few seconds as if electricity had passed through him. Shaking off the odd feeling he ran for home trying to forget.

January 30th, 2017
2:45 AM

Brandon woke with a start from his dream to find his right arm vibrating at high speeds. Taking a few breaths he stopped it and closed his eyes. Three days had passed and in those three days weird stuff had happened. First time would seem to slow significantly. Then a finger would move at incredible speeds. Now while sections of his body where. It was like he had the powers of the Flash. Of course he had been keeping this to himself out of fear of being seen as a freak. The fear was so intense he hadn't even told his family about any of it. Laying back down he closed his eyes and drifted back off to sleep for a few more hours before school.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:44 am

January 27th, 2017

Eva Kiser had been out to throw the trash when the meteor shower flew by above in the sky. She looked up, and she knew she probably should've gone inside for protection, as the News anchors had told her, but but she had been smitten by the pure beauty of it. She must have stood there for almost half an hour, hypnotized, before she remembered to go back inside and take care of the dishes. She had wondered what all the warnings had been about. There hadn't been anything dangerous about it. Only pure perfection. A gift from the Lord.

January 30th, 2017

A couple of days later, Eva began to realize that God's gift had been a bit more "hands on" than she first had expected. It had begun when she was vacuuming and accidently had tipped a flower pot over. She had gasped and twirled around to catch it, just before it would've hit the ground. Her quick reaction had surprised her, and even more so that the gymnastic maneuver hadn't hurt at all. "Odd... I haven't been this agile since in college..." she thought.

Later that night, when she was about to brush her teeth, she looked into the mirror and saw for once that she had much smoother skin and hair than usual. That was also weird, since she hadn't been using any new beauty products. She knew these changes had occured after the meteor event, but it felt silly that it would be because of it.

The next morning when the alarm clock went off, she shut it off immediately and went back to sleep. She never did that. Usually she would go up and prepare breakfast for the entire family, but now she spontanously felt that she wanted to sleep in late, and she decided she would do exactly that.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:39 am

John Kiser
January 27th, 2017

John was in his truck driving home from a meeting with the police chief when the shower started. Soon the sky was ablaze with the falling objects and John just hoped one would strike his nice new truck. As he was thinking this a large rock the size of a football landed in front of him and he slammed on the breaks before getting out and walking over to it. He felt this strange tingle almost pass through him before he got back in his truck and drove around it and the rest of the way home.

January 30th, 2017

John heard Eva's alarm go off as he was brushing his teeth and the stopped with a puzzled expression as he heard her turn it off. She's never done that before unless she was sick. As he started to worry something was wrong with her his mind was drawn to his floating toothbrush. He had taken his hand off of it without realizing and yet it stayed in place. Focusing he lowered to the sink and shook his head. This was getting freaking. Last night he had accidentally flung a stapler across his office with his mind. Pushing those thoughts out he walked over to Eva and kissed her on the cheek saying "You feeling ok?"
Last edited by Chewion on Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tribe of Rinos
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tribe of Rinos » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:39 pm

January 30 1:05 am
A robber was running down an alley way. Something lands behind him and he spins around while grabbing his gun. He looks down and sees a rubber dove. He turns to start running again when he slams into a man. He looks up and sees a skull tilted. The thief raises his gun as a card hits it out of his hand. Shortly after, a gunshot rang out.

Private Ryans had just gotten on to the force. First day and now he had to chase a robber. As he turned the corner he saw the man he was looking for, though not in the condition he had hope he'd be in. There was a bullet hole in his chest surrounded by a cruelly carve spade. He picked up his radio.

The man was walking with the bag when a meteorite dropped in front of him. He stared at it for a while. He then emptied the money onto the street, burned it, and carefully placed the meteorite inside. He continued on his way, smiling behind his mask.
Last edited by Tribe of Rinos on Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ta Ta! Come again, or I'll pluck out your eyes!
-SHEOGORATH

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:35 pm

Brandon Kiser
January 30th, 2017
6:10 AM

Brandon woke from his sleep slowly and had been staring at his alarm clock for several minutes before finally rolling out of bed and making his way to the bathroom. After using it and washing his hands he felt a sickening gut feeling of anxiety and nervousness as he made his way to his older sisters room. Knocking on her door he said "Hey sis can we talk for a moment please?" He was going to tell her about the strange things occurring since the shower. Or at least that was the plan.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Esmeralda Kiser
January 27, 2017

Esmeralda was out on a farm in the outskirts of the city. She was laying on the bed of her dad's old pickup truck, that was now her's, with a few of her friends who had all decided to watch the meteor shower despite the warnings. The five of them all watched it in awe as the chunks of space rock hit the atmosphere and lit up in an array of different colors. By the time it was over none of them had realized that a few rocks had fallen into the ground around them.

As Esmeralda got out from the back of the truck so she could start to drive home but, before she could open up the door she saw a green meteorite laying on the ground, about the size of a baseball. She leaned down to go and pick it up. When her fingers made contact with it she felt a pulse go thru her nervous system, starting from the hand and going all the way to the brain. She initially pulled back. However, curoiusity pulled her back it, this time she latched on. Her whole body felt different things, every inch of her skin was experiencing its own experience. There was one thing that was unifying though, a feeling of static electricity surrounding her. The only thing that got her out of the trance was one of her friends yelling over to her, "Hey, Es, unlock the damn door already!"

She pulled away, feeling like she had a light high, and unlocked the door, grabbing the rock one last time she put underneath the armrest. Driving off, she dropped off all her friends off at their houses, then drove home, parked, and headed off to bed.

January 30, 2017

Esmeralda was just starting to wake up from the sunshine shining into her room from the windows. She was not excited for this Monday. So, she continued to lay in bed and just wait until mom made some breakfast or something of the like. Then she heard her brother's voice from outside the door.

"Uh, ya, come in. It's open." Esmeralda said in a low and groggy voice.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Brandon Kiser
January 30th, 2017
6:13 AM

Brandon opened the door and closed it before looking up at his sister only to find everything was once again slowed to a near stop. Esmeralda must've been mid blink when it happened cause he watched as it took her a good couple of seconds to completely close her eyelids before starting to open them back up. Brandon closed his own eyes and focused before reopening them to find everything normal. Shaking what had just happened out of his mind he opened his mouth and said "Have you noticed anything weird since the meteor shower? I'm just curious."

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:19 pm

Esmeralda Kiser
January 30, 2017

Well, now that you mention it... I've been getting a lot more shocks from static than before but, that just might be the meteor's interfering with the atmosphere or something like that, making things more electromagnetic or something like that? Why, have strange things been happing to you too?"

Esmeralda wasn't completely lying, it was more like hiding the complete truth. Her hair would nearly always refuse to stay flat, always at least a few strands stuck up in the air like they had been rubbed against a balloon. Not to mention that sometimes her skin would feel like it was on fire, even though it was in the middle of winter. And that time she touched someone and her hand went numb for the rest of the day. And that time in the bathroom when she could see little buds of electricity coming off of her fingers.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Brandon Kiser
January 30th, 2017

Brandon knew he should tell her. He knew it wasn't good to keep what was happening hidden but he was scared. Even though she was his sister and he knew she wouldn't see him as a freak he couldn't bring himself to say anything. Instead he replied "No..... I just have had a few.... weird dreams that's all. Anyways sorry to bother you I'll leave you to get ready." Turning around he walked out and shut the door before going into his room and putting on his clothes. Sitting on the edge of his bed he held out his hand and focused and soon it was vibrating again. He stood up and focused on his whole body and soon enough everything was vibrating. He felt more alive than ever before. Stopping it he grabbed his letterman and threw it on before going downstairs to find an empty kitchen. It was odd to him that mom wasn't there but he shrugged it off and grabbed a pop tart that he started eating.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:44 am

Caroline Kiser
January 27th, 2017

Caroline walked along the side street quickly, her arms wrapped around her. She was wearing a large winter jacket and sweatpants, normal for her during the winter. Cmon, I've got to get home before this thing starts. Pick up your pace! Caroline picked up speed, turning her walk into a light jog. Alas, it was too late. The meteorites began to fall and Caroline took cover under a large tree at a nearby park, only a quarter of a mile to her home. Thank God the shower ended quickly, and Caroline continued on her way. The girl walked quickly across the park, passing swing sets and slides. Just as Caroline passed a slide, she tripped on something, sprawling face first on the ground. "Dang it, why?" As she picked herself up, Caroline felt a weird tingling sensation come over her. The girl shrugged it off and raced home, going quickly to bed as she arrived.

Caroline Kiser
January 30th, 2017

The sound of an alarm sounded through the air. Caroline opened an eye and shut it off, grumbling in annoyance. Already? I feel as if I just went to bed. Caroline rolled out of bed and stood up, stretching and yawning. She quickly got dressed and made her bed before heading downstairs. Once there, she greeted Brandon and frowned at the lack of sight of their mother. "Hey. Know where mom is?"

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:41 am

Brandon Kiser
January 30th, 2017
6:20 AM

Brandon greeted Caroline back and said "No clue. Maybe she's sick of just wanted to sleep in. You want a pop tart?" He held out a pack to her and said "And are you getting a ride with me or Es to school?" He took a bit of his pop tart and wondered if she had been effected by the shower like he had.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:54 am

Chewion wrote:John Kiser

January 30th, 2017

John heard Eva's alarm go off as he was brushing his teeth and the stopped with a puzzled expression as he heard her turn it off. She's never done that before unless she was sick. As he started to worry something was wrong with her his mind was drawn to his floating toothbrush. He had taken his hand off of it without realizing and yet it stayed in place. Focusing he lowered to the sink and shook his head. This was getting freaking. Last night he had accidentally flung a stapler across his office with his mind. Pushing those thoughts out he walked over to Eva and kissed her on the cheek saying "You feeling ok?"

Eva reacted to John's tender kiss with a smile, but without opening her eyes. "Yes, honey, I'm feeling absolutely fine. I just thought I'd take a few extra minutes in bed today. I think I'm worth it."

She rolled onto her back, opened her eyes slowly, and looked her husband in the eyes. Her face got a little more cheeky expression. "Are you in a rush, or do you have time to keep me company for a little while before work?" she asked him with a sly grin. She surprised herself when she heard what just had came out of her own mouth. Usually they only cuddled before they went to bed, not after waking up, unless it was a holiday and the kids wanted breakfast later. And it was even rarer that it would be on her initiative, but this morning, for some reason she didn't know (and didn't ponder much about either), she was in the mood.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:40 am

Barapam wrote:
Chewion wrote:John Kiser

January 30th, 2017

Eva reacted to John's tender kiss with a smile, but without opening her eyes. "Yes, honey, I'm feeling absolutely fine. I just thought I'd take a few extra minutes in bed today. I think I'm worth it."

She rolled onto her back, opened her eyes slowly, and looked her husband in the eyes. Her face got a little more cheeky expression. "Are you in a rush, or do you have time to keep me company for a little while before work?" she asked him with a sly grin. She surprised herself when she heard what just had came out of her own mouth. Usually they only cuddled before they went to bed, not after waking up, unless it was a holiday and the kids wanted breakfast later. And it was even rarer that it would be on her initiative, but this morning, for some reason she didn't know (and didn't ponder much about either), she was in the mood.

John Kiser

John smiled and said "The perks of being the mayor. I make my own hours. I think I can spare some time for you plus the kids are old enough to take care of themselves and Esmeralda and Brandon drive." Walking over to the door he shut it and locked it before saying "Now what did you have in mind my dear?" As he says that he takes off his shirt and pants. (Scene fads to black. You get the idea but it's PG-13 here so I won't type anymore.)

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Caroline Kiser
January 30th

Caroline gave the pack back to Brandon without taking one. " No thanks. It doesn't matter who I ride with, just keep in mind I've got to go to the pool after school. So, whoever is driving me is going to have to take me there." Caroline sat down and stared out the window. " Although I'll probably ride with you since Es isn't even up yet. Slacker."

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Brandon Kiser
January 20th, 2017

"Ok I can take you. Just be ready in like 10 minutes if you can cause I have to pick up Sarah again today." Eating the last of his pop tart he took his vitamins and drank water. As he he went to lower the cup from his mouth it slipped from his hand and started to fall before everything slowed down. Now it was barely moving from his perspective. Turning around he saw his sister seemingly in slow motion too. It was happening again. Reaching out he grabbed the cup and set it down before concentrating before everything went back to normal. Looking around he shook his head saying "I'll be back down in a second I just need to get my trumpet and we can go if your ready."

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:05 pm

Esmeralda Kiser
January 30, 2017

Esmeralda rolled out of bed and got up, she sprayed her hair with dry shampoo, put on some rather nice smelling deodorant, and got her clothes on, grabbed her bag, and walked downstairs, just bearly hearing her sister's comment on being a slacker. As she greeted her fellow siblings, "Morning everyone." she walked over to the blender and started to put different fruits and items into it.

"Oh, and Caroline, just wait till you're a Senior and see how lazy you can get. Oh, and I wouldn't quite call myself a slacker when most of my classes are AP's, my clubs, and my sports now would I?"

As she poured her smoothie into a bottle, she started to hear some noises from upstairs in their parent's room and all of a sudden Esmeralda got rather stiff and her face turned red at the thought, "Well, I'm gonna head to school now. See ya guys later."

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Brandon Kiser

Brandon was startled for a second hoping she neither had seen him move at super speed. Looking at Esmeralda he said "It was a joke Es. And we do just as much as you if not more." Then he he too noticed the slight noises and said, in an attempt to keep Caroline from hearing them, "Anyways you can head out to my truck if your ready Caroline."

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:53 pm

Caroline Kiser
January 30th

Caroline grunted. " You're not the only one taking AP classes, in clubs, and playing sports you know. I do all those things and more. And trust me, I won't be lazy when I'm a Senior. I'll be as energetic as I ever was." Caroline turned her eyes skyward as a few faint noises reached her ears. " Don't tell me..." Caroline sighed. " At this hour? I'll be outside." Caroline grabbed her school bag, duffel bag and winter coat and hat and walked outside, her nose wrinkled slightly.

Alndar
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Alndar » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:27 pm

"Now arriving at South Bend International Airport. Please prepare for landing..."

The plane held what seemed to be an average group of passengers. A baby crying in the back, disgruntled peoples waking from their sleep, and a group of young adults invested in a computer game on their laptops.

There was, however, one being there that was quite different than any on the flight. Although he blended in quite well with the environment, he was by no means a regular plane passenger.

"Let me get your luggage sir-"

"No, no it's fine. I can get it down."

The redhead stood and grabbed a brown case from the top of the luggage storage, and landed it on the ground next to him.

"Thank you anyways."

The man walked along the dirt and the wilderness with his bag trailing behind him. He found a nice spot of woods near a gun club next to a lake. Wharton Lake's surrounding wilderness seemed to be a good place to set up camp thought the man as he raised his arms.

In a few moments, seemingly out of nothing, a small shelter formed out of the surrounding countryside.

He nodded in approval. "This seems to be nic-"

He reeled for a moment getting a pang of pain in his body.

"...Haven't done that in a while."

I think I will begin my investigation of the area tomorrow... if anyone gained any powers, then they will need to know how to use them...

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:21 pm

Esmeralda Kiser
January 30, 2017

"Yes, that's my point. Would you call yourself a slacker now Caroline? We do practically the same amount of activities, I just felt like staying in bed for a few more minutes, and it makes no difference since we both succeed in our activities."

With that Esmeralda walked over to her truck, when reaching for the handle to open the door, an electrical shock went thru her, there was even a small bit of visible electricity between her hand and the door. She let out a small welp but, hopefully before either of her siblings noticed, quickly open the door and started the truck up so she could drive off to school.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:01 pm

Brandon Kiser

Brandon had ran upstairs and retrieved his trumpet before grabbing his keys and going outside were his sisters were only to hear Esmeralda say her piece. Looking at her he said "Leave her alone Es." Then turning to Caroline he said "Aight let's get going." He unlocked his truck and turned on the engine waiting for her to get in.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Caroline Kiser
January 30th

Caroline bit her tongue, determined not to retort something she would regret. " Okay. Let's go. I suppose I sit in the back so your girlfriend can sit next to you, eh?" Caroline smirked. But inside, she was a little unsettled. Despite it still being quite dark outside, Caroline could see as if it was midday. She could tell the placement of the flowers and trees perfectly and even saw a grey bunny sitting in the grass about a hundred yards off. Normally, she couldn't see 15 feet in front of her. Caroline slid into the backseat and spoke in her distinctive British drawl that stuck out so much compared to the rest of the family. " It's quite bright out for this hour, isn't it?"

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Brandon Kiser
January 30th

Brandon smirked and said "Shut up we're just friends ok. And yeah she'll sit up here." Buckling in he looked back to make sure she was buckled up, a small and unconscious manifestation of his slight overprotective nature in regards to his family, and then threw the truck in drive before saying "No. the sun is barley rising." Looking back quickly he noticed her eyes seemed almost slightly dilated. Looking forward as he drove on he said "You ok? Your eyes look a little off."

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:44 pm

Caroline Kiser
January 30th

Caroline shot an odd look at Brandon. " Yes, of course I'm ok. Why wouldn't I be? It just much brighter than usual at the hour, for some reason." Caroline reached up towards her eyes. " What's wrong with them? Do they look bad?" Caroline pulled her hair back into a ponytail and rested back against the truck seat, staring out the window at the now visible night landscape.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse