NATION

PASSWORD

Aging Prince Seeks Consort(s) for his Son (MT, IC, CLOSED)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Dorne of Sunspear
Secretary

Founded: May 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Aging Prince Seeks Consort(s) for his Son (MT, IC, CLOSED)

Postby Dorne of Sunspear » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Background: Dorne has been at peace in the last few decades. Looking inward to fix the destruction caused by the last invasion from the United Kingdoms, Dorne had been silent to most as well. The peace has been tenous, as the various lords have begun to fume and chafe under the Prince's lethargy to the outside world. Many said he was too afraid of the foreigners, too scared from his near death at the hands of a raiding band of knights. His more angered lords called him "The Yellow Viper". It was all true, but Prince Mors IV ruled firmly but coldly as a capable administrator. Taxes were always obeyed, and the anger never became too high as to end in rebellion. Trade was still able to flow, but it was ever watched. The Tolls collected from the The Stepstones kept the treasury full. Prince Mors IV is nine-and-sixty now, in good health, but his age meant the future must be thought of. His son and heir, Prince Oberyn, was still two-and-twenty but had not yet married. The Prince-Heir has not cared to marry thus far, refusing matches from so many of Dorne's important lords that none other would offer again, preferring to focus on studying and personal entertainments. Many of theorized as to why, from the Prince-Heir being asexual to him being a literal eunuch, but rumors fly that it was a stratagem to force Prince Mors to open Dorne to foreign diplomacy once again. If this is so, it has worked extremely well, as Mors has sent ravens, emails, and messengers across the world with a letter for its Princes and Monarchs. It is as follows:

To those great monarchs who read these words, I thank you for taking the time to do so. I, Mors of Dorne, do humbly request for a Princess of noble bearing and blood as a wife for my son and heir, Oberyn of House Martell. This is to be done to further the line of House Martell and foster relations between our silent kingdom and those of the rest of the world. We make no requirements except that the potential Princess-Consort be of womanhood (has already had her first bleeding) and preferably legitimate issue of an established royal house. Fidelity and faith are optional. The Prince Oberyn is two-and-twenty years of age, tall, capable and scholarly. He has the olive skin of all Salt Dornishmen, but the purple eyes and platinum blond streaks of hair of his Valyrian mother. He seeks avidly to find a wife and serve our country. We will judge each suitor practically but sternly. If we judge multiple suitors of good value, we are open to marrying multiple spouses, as my own mother did. The application will be attached to your message below.

We thank you for this opportunity.

From,
His Grace, Mors The Fourth of His Name, Prince of Dorne and of the Rhoynar, Lord of Salt Sea and Mountain, Lord of Sunspear, Lord of The Stepstones and Protector of The Realm.

Code: Select all
    [b]Nation full Name:[/b]
    [b]National Political System:[/b]
    [b]Candidate Name and title:[/b]
    [b]Dynasty or Pedigree of Descent from royal blood:[/b]
    [b]Position in society[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Background/Education/Career:[/b]
    [b]Interests:[/b]
    [b]Description/Image:[/b]
    [b]]Are you okay with a polygamous marriage?[/b]
    [b]Rping Example:[/b]

Last edited by Dorne of Sunspear on Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Moscareinas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Moscareinas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Does this require a reasonable level of knowledge of Game of Thrones? For I sure as hell haven't read or watched it.
Moscareinas is an unexpectedly prosperous democratic republic whose territories include 54% of the western Indian Ocean, the IRL BIOT, Comoros, Mayotte, the Seychelles, Mauritius, and Reunion. Not included: Madagascar.

Moscans are torn about Madagascar.

(Yes, I'm Dahon. Please.)

Dorne of Sunspear
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorne of Sunspear » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Moscareinas wrote:Does this require a reasonable level of knowledge of Game of Thrones? For I sure as hell haven't read or watched it.

(OOC: I'd say at the very least a basic understanding of the politics of Game of Thrones and that specifically of Dorne. Info on this more modern version of Dorne is in our factbook. You needn't worry about it, because we're asking for those specifically of royal blood only. I forgot to mention that, and will edit the OP as necessary.)

Castellion
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Castellion » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:59 pm

To his grace Lord Mors, Prince of Dorne

Melord,
I bid you the warmest greetings from the Kingdom of Castellion. Since centuries we are a pillar to our region, steadfast and dedicated to the tradition of our ancestors.
It is also a tradition that the royal house of Valois who ruled the Kingdom for the last 1000 years will only marry her children into proper families. House Dorne is such a proper family, tracing it line back many generations.
In times of so called democracy and the decay of proper manners, it is increasingly difficult to find suitors of proper decorum and standing. Because of this, I bear this message directly from the court of his majesty King Francois Valois, seventh of his name, defender of the Realm, Keeper of Lore and Science, Duke of Twait and rightful ruler of Castellion.
His Majesty would like to request a meeting to discuss arrangements regarding the engagement of Prince Oberyn of Dorne with HRH Princess Victoria of House Valois, Daughter of Queen Marianne of House Valois, Marquess of Embera and Princess of Castellion.
As a girl of 23 years, she is nearly the same age as Prince Oberyn and proved her worth since she joined the diplomatic corp of Castellion in 2012. As a girl of proper standing, she was educated in all necessary traditions that are upheld in Castellion. She is a bright young woman, within the best 1 % of her year, she is well-read and is quite refined, trained by the best of their professions.
She is only the youngest Girl of the deceased Queen Mariane, placing her in the second place of the heritage of the throne of Castellion.
I hope this offer will be reconsidered,
yours truly
Honorable Dominic Philipin
Chancellor of the Kingdom
Bureau of Royal Affairs
La Cite
Kingdom of Castellion

Nation full Name:
National Political System: strong monarchy
Candidate Name and title: Princess Victoria of Castellion, Marquess of Embera, Head of the bureau for international correspondence
Dynasty or Pedigree of Descent from royal blood: House Valois is one of the oldest houses of Astural, reigning Castellion since 1000 years. In all these generations the Blood always stood pure and is not distinguished by any common blood. Great care was taken to prevail the whole glory of the royal blood and it is linked to 10 royal as well as 20 noble bloodlines.
Position in society Princess Victoria is well known in the society for Castellion, she has not the standing of her older sister but she is quite well liked. As a member of the royal family, she took to her duty and is the patroness of 6 important foundations centred on education and healthcare.
Background/Education/Career: Princess Victoria was partly home schooled and made her A Level in 2012 with noted excellency. Her most impressive topics were History, Politics and Music. She is a member of the diplomatic corp since then famous for her negotiations for the Castellion Canal project and several smaller treaties within the sphere of influence of Castellion.
Interests: The Princess is a noted songstress with a standing stipend from the National Art Academy in La Cite, she is also well-read, particularly in the classics. Also, she is a good rider although she seldom finds joy within the hunt.
Description/Image: Image
]Are you okay with a polygamous marriage? yes
Rping Example: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=421036
Castellion - where european class meets tropical environment
Important threads
Embassy
if you have any questions
marry a royal/noble

Dorne of Sunspear
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorne of Sunspear » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:12 pm

Castellion wrote:
(Image)
To his grace Lord Mors, Prince of Dorne

Melord,
I bid you the warmest greetings from the Kingdom of Castellion. Since centuries we are a pillar to our region, steadfast and dedicated to the tradition of our ancestors.
It is also a tradition that the royal house of Valois who ruled the Kingdom for the last 1000 years will only marry her children into proper families. House Dorne is such a proper family, tracing it line back many generations.
In times of so called democracy and the decay of proper manners, it is increasingly difficult to find suitors of proper decorum and standing. Because of this, I bear this message directly from the court of his majesty King Francois Valois, seventh of his name, defender of the Realm, Keeper of Lore and Science, Duke of Twait and rightful ruler of Castellion.
His Majesty would like to request a meeting to discuss arrangements regarding the engagement of Prince Oberyn of Dorne with HRH Princess Victoria of House Valois, Daughter of Queen Marianne of House Valois, Marquess of Embera and Princess of Castellion.
As a girl of 23 years, she is nearly the same age as Prince Oberyn and proved her worth since she joined the diplomatic corp of Castellion in 2012. As a girl of proper standing, she was educated in all necessary traditions that are upheld in Castellion. She is a bright young woman, within the best 1 % of her year, she is well-read and is quite refined, trained by the best of their professions.
She is only the youngest Girl of the deceased Queen Mariane, placing her in the second place of the heritage of the throne of Castellion.
I hope this offer will be reconsidered,
yours truly
Honorable Dominic Philipin
Chancellor of the Kingdom
Bureau of Royal Affairs
La Cite
Kingdom of Castellion

Nation full Name:
National Political System: strong monarchy
Candidate Name and title: Princess Victoria of Castellion, Marquess of Embera, Head of the bureau for international correspondence
Dynasty or Pedigree of Descent from royal blood: House Valois is one of the oldest houses of Astural, reigning Castellion since 1000 years. In all these generations the Blood always stood pure and is not distinguished by any common blood. Great care was taken to prevail the whole glory of the royal blood and it is linked to 10 royal as well as 20 noble bloodlines.
Position in society Princess Victoria is well known in the society for Castellion, she has not the standing of her older sister but she is quite well liked. As a member of the royal family, she took to her duty and is the patroness of 6 important foundations centred on education and healthcare.
Background/Education/Career: Princess Victoria was partly home schooled and made her A Level in 2012 with noted excellency. Her most impressive topics were History, Politics and Music. She is a member of the diplomatic corp since then famous for her negotiations for the Castellion Canal project and several smaller treaties within the sphere of influence of Castellion.
Interests: The Princess is a noted songstress with a standing stipend from the National Art Academy in La Cite, she is also well-read, particularly in the classics. Also, she is a good rider although she seldom finds joy within the hunt.
Description/Image: (Image)
]Are you okay with a polygamous marriage? yes
Rping Example: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=421036

Mr. Philbin,

We thank your for this application, and it is accepted. HRH the princess of Castellion is now being considered for marriage with my son, Oberyn. Her heredity and skills are very well measured. My son is an avid patron of the arts and connoisseur of entertainments. If wed, he would definitely make her a delight of the court. THe blood of the Valois is also hallowed and storied, to see one offered to us humble Martells is an honor of itself. As for a meeting, this is possible, but I cannot leave Dorne due to gout. I can and do invite your King to sup under our roof here in Sunspear, or even at our famous Water Gardens north of the castle. We could discuss the match and many things there.

From,
His Grace, Mors The Fourth of His Name of House Martell, Prince of Dorne and of the Rhoynar, Lord of Salt Sea and Mountain, Lord of Sunspear, Lord of The Stepstones and Protector of The Realm.

Dorne of Sunspear
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorne of Sunspear » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:27 am

bump

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Will edit later for more detail

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:24 am

Nation full Name: Imperium of Ruskland-Preuben
National Political System: Semi-Absolute Monarchy, Strictly Dynastic Elective Succession. Has a senate of all nobles directly under the Imperator.
Candidate Name and title: Annie, Princess of Ruskland-Preuben, former Duchess of Provins du Nord (through a childless marriage), regent of Provins du Nord.
Dynasty or Pedigree of Descent from royal blood: Part of the House of Soissons(in Ruskland-Preubenr language, av Soenmünd). Rulers of Ruskland-Preuben since 1870, and related to the previous house, Fabler-Castell through marriages. Also related to houses inside and outside the empire, all royal bloods of course.
Position in society Quite disliked, although by her numerous evil enemies. The commoners however, adore her for her protection of them. The military also likes her.
Age: 27 years old, quite fertile(although the previous marriage had a sterile partner).
Background/Education/Career: Oddly for a female, she was educated by her own father in the ways of war and strategy, and is in all technicality, homeschooled. Her first test was to calmly disperse protesters, and it was here she showed a silver tongue. Even with this, she was assigned as the first female commander of the Guard, and quickly became one of its greatest commanders, stopping assassinations and bombings alike.
Interests: She has an unsatisfied desire for strategy, and is a master marksman and rider, and takes pleasure in hunting Cthulhu's little creatures. She also displays interest in the higher things, such as the books of Cthulhism and the words spoken by its priests, she also likes to preach the word as well.
Description/Image: Standing tall at 6 feet and 8 inches, she has long brown wavy hair that she constantly braids into a queue, or as she likes to call it, Manchurian ponytail. Tends to wear military clothing.
]Are you okay with a polygamous marriage? We have concubines, and we sort of enforce through Cthulhism polygamy to some extent, never infringing on the rights of citizens though.
Rping Example: In my signature.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Kyrenaia
Senator

Founded: Mar 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyrenaia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:30 am

To: Mors, Prince of Dorne and of the Rhoynar.
Subject: Oberyn.

Your Grace,
it was with greatest interest, that the Ruby Hall received your kind message. I am willing to meet Prince Oberyn and, should the potential for such a thing be there, start a relationship with him, once I got to know him.
You will find the requested document in the appendix of this letter.

Signed,
    Fadia bint-Dardan,
    Princess of Megido.

Nation full Name:
    The Sultanate of Kyrenaia.
National Political System:
    Absolute Monarchy.
Candidate Name and title:
    Fadia bint-Dardan, Princess of Megido.
Dynasty or Pedigree of Descent from royal blood:
    House of the Ilkhan of Megido.
Position in society:
    - Princess of Megido.
    - Sergeant of the Armies of the Five Deserts, 47th Artillery Brigade (Reserves).
    - Student at the University of Berita (Music and Language).
    It's rude to ask a woman after her age, but if you must know, 24 years.
Background/Education/Career:
    I was born in 1993 in Megido, in the centre of the Ilkhanate, that my Father rules over, as the third of three children. My older sister, Fara, is often seen abroad, while my older brother, Okan, suffers from an illness, which binds him to a bed. Despite that, he is a bright and sunny spot, always there.
    With 6 years, I was introduced to school and was the complete opposite to Fara: I bloomed in language classes, speaking besides Kyrenaian three languages (German, English and Selkie) by the time I graduated, while I was bad in sciences. In 2005, I was sent to the Haram Girls' Academy, one of the most prestigious educational institutions in Kyrenaia, where I continued the trend, but also showed a bit of a talent for music and sports. I learned to play and master the Kamangah, a bowed string instrument, and joined the Rider Squadron, where I was quite a good falconer (mounted falconry is one of the traditional hunting sports of ours).
    I graduated in 2012 and, as tradition demands it, joined the Armies of the Five Deserts for four years, where I was a Sergeant, serving with the Megido Artillery Bataillon. After these four years, I was placed in the reserves of the 47th Artillery Brigade, still as a Sergeant. I commanded an artillery section and quite effectively at that.
    In 2016, I was placed in the Reserves and started my studies of Music and Languages at the University of Berita in Kyrenaia.
Interests:
    Music, art, literature, riding and falconry (including in combination), as well as languages and their innermost expressions.
Description/Image:
]Are you okay with a polygamous marriage?
    No, I am not.
Rping Example:
Last edited by Kyrenaia on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
RPing in MT and PT.

Dorne of Sunspear
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorne of Sunspear » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:33 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:
Nation full Name: Imperium of Ruskland-Preuben
National Political System: Semi-Absolute Monarchy, Strictly Dynastic Elective Succession. Has a senate of all nobles directly under the Imperator.
Candidate Name and title: Annie, Princess of Ruskland-Preuben, former Duchess of Provins du Nord (through a childless marriage), regent of Provins du Nord.
Dynasty or Pedigree of Descent from royal blood: Part of the House of Soissons(in Ruskland-Preubenr language, av Soenmünd). Rulers of Ruskland-Preuben since 1870, and related to the previous house, Fabler-Castell through marriages. Also related to houses inside and outside the empire, all royal bloods of course.
Position in society Quite disliked, although by her numerous evil enemies. The commoners however, adore her for her protection of them. The military also likes her.
Age: 27 years old, quite fertile(although the previous marriage had a sterile partner).
Background/Education/Career: Oddly for a female, she was educated by her own father in the ways of war and strategy, and is in all technicality, homeschooled. Her first test was to calmly disperse protesters, and it was here she showed a silver tongue. Even with this, she was assigned as the first female commander of the Guard, and quickly became one of its greatest commanders, stopping assassinations and bombings alike.
Interests: She has an unsatisfied desire for strategy, and is a master marksman and rider, and takes pleasure in hunting Cthulhu's little creatures. She also displays interest in the higher things, such as the books of Cthulhism and the words spoken by its priests, she also likes to preach the word as well.
Description/Image: Standing tall at 6 feet and 8 inches, she has long brown wavy hair that she constantly braids into a queue, or as she likes to call it, Manchurian ponytail. Tends to wear military clothing.
]Are you okay with a polygamous marriage? We have concubines, and we sort of enforce through Cthulhism polygamy to some extent, never infringing on the rights of citizens though.
Rping Example: In my signature.

HRH of Soissons, Princess of Ruskland-Preuben,

We thank your for this application, and it is accepted. HRH the princess of Ruskland-Preuben is now being considered for marriage with my son, Oberyn. Her heredity and skills are very well measured. Dorne always has need of capable warriors and tacticians, and we do not shy away from having them lead in the field of battle. Oberyn himself is not man for spilling blood, but she might get that warrior bone of his back into place. As for her faith, we may be able to accommodate her in some way if she is truly devout. Centuries ago (see Factbook on this version of Dorne's history) there were a people who lived on an archipelago to the northwest who worshiped a deity similar to both your Dagon and Cthulhu. They called him The Drowned God, and we have a temple to him in Sunspear that can be restored if it pleases her.

From,
His Grace, Mors The Fourth of His Name of House Martell, Prince of Dorne and of the Rhoynar, Lord of Salt Sea and Mountain, Lord of Sunspear, Lord of The Stepstones and Protector of The Realm.

Dorne of Sunspear
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorne of Sunspear » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:37 am

Kyrenaia wrote:
To: Mors, Prince of Dorne and of the Rhoynar.
Subject: Oberyn.

Your Grace,
it was with greatest interest, that the Ruby Hall received your kind message. I am willing to meet Prince Oberyn and, should the potential for such a thing be there, start a relationship with him, once I got to know him.
You will find the requested document in the appendix of this letter.

Signed,
    Fadia bint-Dardan,
    Princess of Megido.

Nation full Name:
    The Sultanate of Kyrenaia.
National Political System:
    Absolute Monarchy.
Candidate Name and title:
    Fadia bint-Dardan, Princess of Megido.
Dynasty or Pedigree of Descent from royal blood:
    House of the Ilkhan of Megido.
Position in society:
    - Princess of Megido.
    - Sergeant of the Armies of the Five Deserts, 47th Artillery Brigade (Reserves).
    - Student at the University of Berita (Music and Language).
    It's rude to ask a woman after her age, but if you must know, 24 years.
Background/Education/Career:
    I was born in 1993 in Megido, in the centre of the Ilkhanate, that my Father rules over, as the third of three children. My older sister, Fara, is often seen abroad, while my older brother, Okan, suffers from an illness, which binds him to a bed. Despite that, he is a bright and sunny spot, always there.
    With 6 years, I was introduced to school and was the complete opposite to Fara: I bloomed in language classes, speaking besides Kyrenaian three languages (German, English and Selkie) by the time I graduated, while I was bad in sciences. In 2005, I was sent to the Haram Girls' Academy, one of the most prestigious educational institutions in Kyrenaia, where I continued the trend, but also showed a bit of a talent for music and sports. I learned to play and master the Kamangah, a bowed string instrument, and joined the Rider Squadron, where I was quite a good falconer (mounted falconry is one of the traditional hunting sports of ours).
    I graduated in 2012 and, as tradition demands it, joined the Armies of the Five Deserts for four years, where I was a Sergeant, serving with the Megido Artillery Bataillon. After these four years, I was placed in the reserves of the 47th Artillery Brigade, still as a Sergeant. I commanded an artillery section and quite effectively at that.
    In 2016, I was placed in the Reserves and started my studies of Music and Languages at the University of Berita in Kyrenaia.
Interests:
    Music, art, literature, riding and falconry (including in combination), as well as languages and their innermost expressions.
Description/Image:
]Are you okay with a polygamous marriage?
    No, I am not.
Rping Example:

HRH of Megido,

We thank your for this application, but it is rejected. We mean no insult to the Princess, but her rejection of polygamous marriage outhand and lack of deference regarding her age and the intents of this marriage not to my pleasure. You do not need to get to know Oberyn, and yes, we MUST know her age. This is not a match of love, but of alliance and breeding.

From,

Upper and Lower Egypt-
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Upper and Lower Egypt- » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:43 pm

Nation full Name: The Divine and United Crowns of Upper and Lower Egypt
National Political System: Theocratic Totalitarian Monarchy
Candidate Name and title: Takhat Sekhma, Princess-of Upper Egypt*, Lady of The Cataracts, The Lion Lady, Vicereine of Nubia.
Dynasty or Pedigree of Descent from royal blood: Born of the royal house of Egypt, Takhat Tia is an illegitimate daughter of the Pharaoh and a war captive brought in from raids in Nubia. While her mother's origin is base, her father's blood is regarded, no, fully believed to be that of divinity made manifest. She too, as a descendant of the gods, is regarded as having a demigod-like nature by Egypt's most devout.
Position in society She is is the Vicereine of Nubia, which may sound like a gubernatorial position, but is actually a military command. Being born of Nubian tribal raiders, she was tasked from preventing them from returning to Egypt. This is the job of the Viceroy, albeit a mostly honorary one in recent years. They are the military defense against raids, and lead retalitaory raids themselves south in search of supplies and slaves.
Background/Education/Career: While still being formally educated by royal tutors, Takhat is precocious with a mind for arithmetic and strategy. Before her nomination to the Viceroyalty, she lived within the royal palace and more than once was counseled by Pharaoh on issues of war and finance.
Interests: She herself is very much interested in her forte area of skills. She's deeply fascinated by the arts of warfare, and has been trained in the warrior's skills of spear, arrow, sword, and rifle. Of which the rifle and spear are areas of high skill. She's not one for court life, however, and she may be seen as too blunt or brusque to guests.
Description/Image:

]Are you okay with a polygamous marriage? Polygamous and Incestuous marriages are the mainstay of the royal family. It was said that before the birth of her legitimate sister, Tia, that she would be married to her Half-Brother Isitemkheb. She has refused to be his secondary spouse, however, and prefers a foriegn match over being locked away in the royal harem.
Rping Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=319672

Dorne of Sunspear
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorne of Sunspear » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Upper and Lower Egypt- wrote:Nation full Name: The Divine and United Crowns of Upper and Lower Egypt
National Political System: Theocratic Totalitarian Monarchy
Candidate Name and title: Takhat Sekhma, Princess-of Upper Egypt*, Lady of The Cataracts, The Lion Lady, Vicereine of Nubia.
Dynasty or Pedigree of Descent from royal blood: Born of the royal house of Egypt, Takhat Tia is an illegitimate daughter of the Pharaoh and a war captive brought in from raids in Nubia. While her mother's origin is base, her father's blood is regarded, no, fully believed to be that of divinity made manifest. She too, as a descendant of the gods, is regarded as having a demigod-like nature by Egypt's most devout.
Position in society She is is the Vicereine of Nubia, which may sound like a gubernatorial position, but is actually a military command. Being born of Nubian tribal raiders, she was tasked from preventing them from returning to Egypt. This is the job of the Viceroy, albeit a mostly honorary one in recent years. They are the military defense against raids, and lead retalitaory raids themselves south in search of supplies and slaves.
Background/Education/Career: While still being formally educated by royal tutors, Takhat is precocious with a mind for arithmetic and strategy. Before her nomination to the Viceroyalty, she lived within the royal palace and more than once was counseled by Pharaoh on issues of war and finance.
Interests: She herself is very much interested in her forte area of skills. She's deeply fascinated by the arts of warfare, and has been trained in the warrior's skills of spear, arrow, sword, and rifle. Of which the rifle and spear are areas of high skill. She's not one for court life, however, and she may be seen as too blunt or brusque to guests.
Description/Image:
]Are you okay with a polygamous marriage? Polygamous and Incestuous marriages are the mainstay of the royal family. It was said that before the birth of her legitimate sister, Tia, that she would be married to her Half-Brother Isitemkheb. She has refused to be his secondary spouse, however, and prefers a foriegn match over being locked away in the royal harem.
Rping Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=319672

HRH of Egypt,

We thank your for this application, and it is accepted. The ancient and divine blood of Egypt is welcome within our principality, even from a bastard. Dorne does not reject people because they were born on the wrong side of one's bed. While the lady may not be one for subtle diplomacy, we could have use for her as a commander in the Red Mountains, preparing and making sure our bases there are safe from Reachman and Stormlander incursions. We will review her suit and the others accepted and come to a decision soon.

From,

Moscareinas
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Moscareinas » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:45 am

Nation full Name: Democratic Republic of Moscareinas
National Political System: Unitary parliamentary constitutional republic
Candidate Name and title: HH Princess Hala Orel Maryam Musham al-Khala
Dynasty or Pedigree of Descent from royal blood: The Princess is currently fourth in line to head the Khalaite dynasty.
The House of Khala (named after its founder Farida al-Khala, of whom little is definitely known beyond her Near Eastern origins and eight-year reign before abdicating in favor of her nephew Musham) is the former ruling dynasty of the Comoros, having reigned for all but 88 years from the second decade of the seventh century AD to 1683, when the Portuguese began their brutal occupation of the islands. Fleeing to an exile of external splendor and internal torment in Ethiopia, members of the house would lend a hand in the destruction of Portuguese power in the Comoros scarcely more than a century after and the establishment of Moscan sovereignty in the islands; in return, it was allowed to come back to the Comoros and to use its titles -- privileges that have been recognized by both Moscan and British overseers since.
As for the purity of the dynasty's bloodline, the descendants of Farida and Musham, being primarily Muslim (if not particularly activist about it, as it follows a branch of Islam most noted for its pacifism, even quietism), have not tended to observe Western notions of royal or noble purity, its members preferring marriages of compatibility over convenience, never mind the station of those chosen to be spouses.
Position in society: Like all of her family, Hal (as she is known throughout the Comoros) doesn't directly get involved in politics, following a tradition of dignified retirement from public life, a stance maintained by the House since its return to the islands. Unlike the rest of her family, however, the Princess has publicly and repeatedly voiced her frustration with the current status quo, which, given her relative visibility compared to the rest of the House (as shall be seen below), has raised a minor stir in Moscareinas.
Background/Education/Career: Like her siblings, the Princess was partly homeschooled in youth, passing her A-Levels with distinction. After graduating from the University of Moscareinas - Moroni at the age of 21, distinguishing herself in the humanities (acquiring a working knowledge of four languages to supplement her mastery of English, Arabic, and Shikomori) and sports, she spent a year competing in solo sailing competitions in both Moscareinas and elsewhere, returning to Moscareinas to grab a job as a beat reporter for al-Jazeera. She was out of her job four years later both due to familial pressure (her reporting, usually on political subjects and especially on east African matters, clashing with the House's apolitical stance) and death threats meted out against her and her family by Islamist terrorists.
Interests: Her foremost interest is still journalism; she has expressed a desire to return to the reporting beat one day, whether in her home turf or even in an unofficial capacity (should she be chosen as a wife or one of several by the House Martell). With the particular passion in idle at the moment, however, her love of sailing (especially when by herself) and of acquisition of languages (ten at last count) have served her well.
Description/Image:
Are you okay with a polygamous marriage? Should His Grace and his heir hold true to their word that "fidelity and faith are optional", then there should be no objection to a polygynous marriage, should certain personal liberties be granted in return.
Rping Example: Check your TG for details.

Apologies for the lack of flourish -- for instance, the lack of letters such as the OP or Castellon employ -- I simply don't know how to make the appropriate images, or where to look for one that could do so for me.
Last edited by Moscareinas on Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moscareinas is an unexpectedly prosperous democratic republic whose territories include 54% of the western Indian Ocean, the IRL BIOT, Comoros, Mayotte, the Seychelles, Mauritius, and Reunion. Not included: Madagascar.

Moscans are torn about Madagascar.

(Yes, I'm Dahon. Please.)

Dorne of Sunspear
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorne of Sunspear » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:22 pm

HRH of Egypt, Castellion, and Russkland-Preussen,

In the name of The Maiden and The Mother, may you all be blessed. We are pleased to announce that my son has accepted your princesses as wives. WE will be providing travel and amenties for their transport to Dorne on the fortnight. While there won't be a lavish wedding, as we Westerosi have grown weary and suspicious of such ceremonies, they will be introduced before the court and loyalty will be sworn unto them and their children by our leading vassals. We would have invited one other, had my son not secretly wed himself to the Princess Jaehaera Blackfyre. His new wives will be given suitable accommodations in Sunspear as well as lodgings at The Water Gardens. We do not expect fidelity in this marriage, and any bastards produced will be raised at court with trueborn children.

Thank you all.

From,
[/quote]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates