NATION

PASSWORD

Deserts of Discord (The Exalted Lands only) (IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Lechites
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Lechites » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:31 pm

This is the IC thread for any happenings in the Deserts of Discord RP. And is only available for members of the Exalted Lands, only people with registered national overviews may post here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Exalted Lands
OOC
Last edited by The Lechites on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Darath
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Great Postapocalyptic Bake Off

Postby Darath » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:34 pm

In Celebration of Imperial Prosperity and Unity (and the coronation of the new Empress)
Dear Provincial Leaders
The Imperial Minister of Culture, Chairmen of Darath, and CEO of Lazarus Co. has organised a grand festival for all provinces in The Empire.
To better integrate cultures within The Empire (and help The Empress get to know her subjects better) , there will be a great feast in which all provinces will get the chance to show off their own local cuisines.
Leaders of Nations Will have the chance to enjoy other leader's company and will be required to attend .
(This is hosted by a Darathian so remember what to expect)

Besides the Feast there will be a Bake Off between Provinces to foster healthy competitive spirit.
In addition as an incentive for chefs and bakers to do their best and show off the local talent of their home province their will be a reward.
The Winning Baker will receive a $1,000,000 cash prize and the Title "High Imperial Chef".
(The province they are from is bound to benefit from the culinary tourism that their fame will bring)

The Minister of Culture, Prime Minister, and Empress will Judge the Food on a scale of 1-10.

Their will be four parts to the bake off.
1. The Minister of Culture will request a type of dish.
2. The Prime Minister will Request a type of dish.
3. The Empress will request a type of dish.
4. Each Chef will make their own signature dish.

Whatever Chef Scores Highest on Average from all rounds and All Judges wins.

Ingredients may be brought from home or provided at the festival.
Ingredients Unique to the Province Chef's are from are encouraged to be brought with and used to show Provincial Spirit

Have Fun, Enjoy the Glory of the Empire, and Bask in the varied foods and cultures within it.

Sincerely, Imperial Scribe Ardic B. Quisling .

Umi no Tani
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 11, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umi no Tani » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:28 pm

To: Lazarus, Minister of Culture, & to whomever it may concern
The Republic of Umi no Tani will gladly accept your invitation to your grand festival.
We will be sending our bureaucratically elected leader Dr. Valencia Hamasaki, our head of our Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Tourism Ms. La'ie Hyacinth, and of course one of the most esteemed chefs Deathbot Montgomery V5™* the Third.
We look forward to meeting you and the leaders of all the other nations of The Exalted Lands, especially her Majesty the Empress.
Dr. Valencia Hamasaki, elected bureaucrat
Ms. La'ie Hyacinth, Head of Ministry of Foreign Affairs & Tourism
*Deathbot Montgomery V5 is a trademark of the Montgomery family

Meanwhile in Umi no Tani...

The Great Exalted Lands Bake-Off Takes off in Darath

Darath's festival and baking challenge is nearly upon us. Deathbot Montgomery V5™ the Third, owner of Nautilus Bay's own Redfin Hideaway restaurant and catering, has been chosen to compete. La'ie Hyacinth has been quoted saying "Montgomery V5 will be showcasing classic cuisine of our fair islands and will be utilizing as much food sourced directly from Umi no Tani as possible. After talking to him, we both agree that giving the rest of the world a true and authentic taste of Umi no Tani is of the utmost priority."
Of course, an invitation of this political importance, does not come without its own set of controversy. Radience Quill, head chef of Monster Munchery, rival restaurant to Redfin Hideaway, has been vocal if her disapproval of the whole process; "The lead chef for Umi no Tani should be selected in a democratic fashion, not by some far-fetched ranking system set by critics. Top chefs from throughout the nation should have had been allowed to vote for we sent, or at the very least a competition to find who should really compete."
On the other end of the spectrum, activist Fievel Thresher, has raised concerns over Darath hosting a feast and festival; "Darath is notorious for its food shortage problems and near-famines. To attend a feast put together by the richest and most powerful of Darathians, who rarely have to concern themselves over food, is akin to stealing food from starving Darathian citizens. I cannot believe our government is willing to participate in such an heinous act of decadence and waste."

TLDR:Umi no Tani plans to use food brought directly from their land in the competition. There is a controversy over the chef among local chefs over how the competing chef was chosen. And activists are concerned about Darath, a country on the brink of starvation, hosting a feast and bake-off.
Last edited by Umi no Tani on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Burning Mist
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Burning Mist » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:10 pm

"I don't have time for this!"

Kamron Schmidt walked quickly down the hall to his state office, located in Great Swamp, the capital of The Burning Mist. Still dressed in his Holy Robes, his chief adviser of foreign affairs, Steven Meyersworth, commonly known as "DadMaster420", hands him several notes, letters, and papers of other importance.

"I don't care what kind of money they're offering! I'm not traveling to some backwards country for a stupid 'Puzzleknot Convention'!"

"Sir, you also have a... letter from the Minister of Culture.

Kamron suddenly stops in his tracks, pauses, and takes the letter. He reads carefully for several minutes as he walks into his office. He sits down, and looks at DadMaster420.

Get my good suit ready. And... Get some paper. The good quality. I believe it's time to write correspondence."

"Dear Dr. Lazarus.
We hope that this letter finds you in good health. We wish you peace and prosperity, and of course, a long life.
The people of The Burning Mist and myself are honored to be invited to such an event. As you know, we are a more recent addition to the empire, and so we would be most delighted to meet our brother and sister nations. And as to your bake-off, we assure you that we will bring only the finest of meals to please you and The Empress.
We ask only one request. That I, Kamron Schmidt, may perform a traditional Mistian blessing of the final meal, as indicated by our religious teachings that have been passed down through many years, and that have survived the events of the apocalypse.
We once again wish you many blessing and a wonderful time before we arrive.
Signed,
Kamron Schmidt, elected leader of The Burning Mist and the Least Brother of the Church of The True Light."

Ekei Exo
Civilian

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Ekei Exo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:29 pm

Meanwhile in Darath....
Out on the coast, the decaying and bloated body of the hapless Darathian sky-diver/"letter" hobbles out of the ocean. With each step it takes it broken bones jut out a bit further with chunks of irradiated flesh falling off as it heads to inner Darath, calling out in a broken whisper "Message for Lazarus"

On the decaying flesh of the body is a message, deeply carved in delicate handwriting, reading:
"Good evening Minister Lazarus,
The Nation of Ekei Exo would be honored to share the Ekeian cuisines with the rest of the Empire, and I, the Overseer, while personally cook in the national Bake Off, for I can not trust my puppets to effectively prepare proper Ekeian cuisine. I trust arrangements will be provided so that an Ekeian ... outburst does not occur. If arrangements cannot be provided, please send another message so that I can find a suitable host, unlike this corpse.
Looking forward to the Bake Off,
The Overseer"
Last edited by Ekei Exo on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:41 am

"It's a bloody miracle that we weren't selected for the position of minister of culture" noted the First Grand Consul of Valrifell, Mikel Kéndàgne, having been rudely intercepted on his way towards his morning jog by a less-than-adjusted new underling of some kind. There was something grand about the drab yellow skies at this point in morning that the Consul simply could not resist, even if his only surrounding landscape was miles of dead overgrowth, decay of old ruins, and assorted scavengers and beggars in and around the refounded city of Dunskurth.

"I mean, really" He continued "the Darathi are just mindless hedonists, seeking whatever pleases them at the given moment. They have no taste, or style! They have nothing to stand on against proper, Valrish culture, that's for sure. Whatever, I shall respond whenever is most convenient for me." Then, we was unceremoniously out of his abode, with a relic music player in his ear. The servant messenger lucked out at this time, nearly facing the wrath of a displeased Kéndàgne. Luckily, however, the message proved to Kéndàgne to be an opportunity to show the superiority of Valrish culture and cuisine.

Official Word from the First Grand Consul of Her loyal and Humble Principality of Valrifell.

To: Lazarus of the Darathi

I would personally like to accept your invitation to attend the cultural festivities with regards to the coronation of the new Empress of the Empire, I and the other members of our fair and humble government feel as though this is an excellent opportunity to better acquaint the Monarch with our respective identities and to familiarize her of the different cultures of the Provinces she now finds herself Sovereign over. Further, we feel a friendly competition could alleviate some unspoken intraimperial tension between some of the Provinces across the Empire.

The Valrish are prepared to offer up the most exquisite of our artists and only the finest culinary champions for this festival, you understand. We plan to bring across the greatest dishes of our long and proud heritage. Some of our best scholars suspect they have even found ancient recipes from deep in the ruins of Dunskurth, which we are prepared to use for the first time in perhaps ages!

With warmest regards,

First Grand Consul Mikel Kéndàgne

Some time later

"Oi, this seems it could be the best opportunity we have." Gruffly began a belligerent and muscular man, slapping down a newspaper regarding the Imperial cultural festivities, standing tall in a smoke-filled room above his compatriots, who would have been in the middle of a game of poker had not a newspaper been slammed in front of them.

"'Ey!" exclaimed one, a much smaller man with facial features distinguishing of a rat.

"Shut up and read" replied the first. The smaller man, knowing his inability to fight with the first, complied without further noise. As did the rest of the group, of about five total, who only gave the first man angry glances and knew better than to vocalize their complaints. Surely, another punishment awaited the rat-man aside a verbal scolding had the large soul not come across this.

"This is exactly what we've been waiting for!" happily announced a third man, speaking in a thick foreign accent of indiscernible origin.

"'Ow's dat?" questioned a fourth, earning him the annoyed ire of his peers.

"You idiot, it's simple. We just 'ave to poison the Empress's dish and we'll f'nally be free from 'er wrath." Replied the large man.

"Yeah, but lads, how are we gonna get this done without drawing attention to ourselves? How are we even going to get selected for this shindig? Do you reall-"

"Ahem." Said the third interrupting the fifth, taking offense to the implication that none among them could qualify for the bake-off. "I'm willing to go out for the cause, obviously, otherwise I wouldn't meet here with you miscreants and rats." Before a fight could break out over the obvious insult, the fifth man began again.

"Do you really think they'd not protect her from poisoning? Seems like a safe bet some security would be there."

The other men silenced their anxious and happy chatter at once, it was obvious that, if this was the plan they were going with, they would need more planning.
Last edited by Valrifell on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

The Lechites
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lechites » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:10 am

"So what you're telling me is that they're now hosting a damn bake off. And I'm supposed to oversee it. I'd honestly be happy to, even if I'm supposed to make sure that this land doesn't burst into flames overnight." exclaimed Autocrat Adrian. He was currently walking around Krak fortress, the seat of Kings of old, and also a damn fine way to defend your lands from barbarians.

"A cook off. Now I'm not normally the one to diss another nation or its people, but these other nations really know nothing about how to make actual food. And I know just the man to throw into the competition.
Oh also, I think I'm gonna need to bring a taster to this competition. Ill be honest, I don't know what to expect from people who probably dunk their heads in nuclear waste to get a high."
Adrian sighed, and then finally dismissed the man who gave him the letter. And since he was generally smart enough to know that letters must be replied to in order for the sender to know that you did receive it, he began writing his own.

To Lazarus, or Judas or whatever your name is.

I accept your challenge, and I will attend this festival. But better yet, I shall also attend the bake off. Partly due to the fact that there is a new empress to praise, as the old emperor died of god knows what, and partly due to the fact that I wish to show that Lechites will always reign supreme in the food department. It is the truth, and you know it too Judas.

But, most of all, I wish to see all other cultures, and how they will plan to win this competition. I am the prime minister of the Empire, and I must be open minded in that aspect. And as a result, I will try to be neutral in terms of selecting a winner, out of the judges.
In terms of diplomatic relations, perhaps we could all get along if we tried to rip each others heads off in a contest. I mean, It is quite a unique way to get some new friends.

Have a nice day.

King Adrian Lechowicz
Last edited by The Lechites on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PrussiaV2
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussiaV2 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:55 pm

"Bruce Wayne to Visit Darath, See The Absolutely Decadent Activities He May Partake in Here!" Vicky Vale, Gotham Gazette Article #123

To: Lazarus, Minister of Culture, and Well Endowed Business Man

The Confederacy is proud to accept your invitation to this gracious cultural event. We shall be sending a Sir Ratt Mann to cook up some refined street foods for the festival. Should they meet your fancy, I do believe an exchange of goods could be created. Should you not like the street foods, we shall have something with a bit more oomph available.

From: Carmine Falcone, Provincial Governor of The Narrows, and Minister of The Confederation of Gotham.

The Emerald World
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald World » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Prime Minister's Office, Verdis

"A cook-off? This seems like a gigantic waste of money," remarked Strauss while taking a sip of tea. "I'm sure hat the Credits we'd spend could be used for more important endeavors. You know, like having eyes everywhere."
"It would bring attention to Emeros, ma'am," said a man sitting in a chair before her desk. "Think of the economic value of this."
"Yes, largely unwanted attention. If we were to become the prize of the empire, we'd have to clean it up to the standards of those snooty Valrishmen. No more exploiting gangs, a huge actual police force, and spying would be so much harder."
"With all due respect, I feel like the tourism would provide great benefit for the nation."
"We don't need more tourism. While I'd like more coin to throw around, it isn't worth the cost."
"So, what? Is that a no?"
"See if somebody in your department wants to participate. Ensure that they'll do it for free."
"Most of them probably wouldn't."
"Then coerce them, I don't care. Just get somebody. We're not hiring Silvertongue."
"What about your travel arrangements? You are going, right?"
"Of course! I'm not missing a chance to go to Darath."
"Your self-restraint is noted."
"Fuck off, I'm not even seeing anybody."

---

Mail
Lazarus,

You shall have an Emera delegation at this event, as requested.

Regards,
Strauss
Last edited by The Emerald World on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This was written by a bot. Beep boop.
---
Economic Left/Right: 3.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

The Emerald World
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald World » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:02 am

AIT Opens International Research Wing, Invites Scientists From Abroad

Verdis, Emeros

This afternoon, the prestigious Astra Institute of Technology opened the doors to what it hopes will be the center of global scientific collaboration. The Novak Center for Collaborative Advancement, named after the institute's first non-Emera headmaster, is equipped with state-of-the-art laboratories and equipment along with its own living quarters, fabrication facilities, and a dedicated nuclear reactor. This reactor is considered to be a non-risk as its design makes it impossible to overheat.

The Novak Center is intended to support research and development in a number of different fields, including physics, chemistry, biology, computer science, and engineering. AIT has sent invitations to scientists around the world, hoping to draw the interest of foreigners. In addition to research, the Novak Center will also be used by AIT's students. Due to the large size of the Center and possible plans for expansion, it is located in AIT's Verdis Outskirts Complex, where a number of research wings already exist.

"This is the beginning of a new chapter in the global scientific community," said Dr. Norman Vatinius, the current headmaster of AIT. "We sincerely hope that this will bring about the progress that all of us at AIT wish to see."
Last edited by The Emerald World on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
---

Umi no Tani
Lobbyist

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umi no Tani » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:25 pm

Humanitarian Aid en Route to Darathian Famine

Dr. Hamasaki, elected bureaucrat, announced today that Umi no Tani will be sending food and supplies to Darath after seeing the widespread effects of famine on the people of Darath. After her announcement the leaders of Gotham and Lech pledged to send further supplies to keep the Darathian people. In an online interview Dr. Hamasaki was quoted saying "The people of Darath are in dire need. After even visiting the most decadent and richest spots of Darath, it became obvious that Darathians had been forced to subsist on cannibalism of cloned bodies. We're hoping that food shipments can move Darathian's to a much more beneficial diet and be a show of good will for the world."

Terror on All Sides! How Neighboring Nations Are Harboring Secret Threats

Summary: Sensationalist journalism points out how Darath has mad-scientists and Gotham has a vigilante hero on the loose, both groups being considered terrorists from Umi no Tani's past.

Scientists say "Aloha" to Emeros Research Wing

Summary: The research team being sent to Emeros is lead by 3 scientists: a mermaid energy specialist, "Margaretha Kawaguchi", a spider-man bio-technologist "Dr. Miles Rakoto ", and a catgirl robotics expert "Pauahi Goldstein".

Other Notable Headlines:

Big Win at Darathian Bake-Off Despite Terrorist Attack!

International Trade Deals Set to Boost Agriculture Industry Profits

Renewed Interest in Alternative Energy Led by Tales of Southern Wastelands

Minister of Foreign Affairs and Tourism Dating a DARATHIAN?!?!
Last edited by Umi no Tani on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darath
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Darath » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:23 pm

***Emergency Broadcast***

Several old war cashes, privet labs, government felicities, and black market vendors have been raided during the time of the bake off.
All nations are warned to be on high alert as reports of "super villains" with sinister powers have been recorded across the empire.
Official estimates are that there may be a super villain in every province in the empire.
It is entirely possible that this is some sort of coordinated attack but at this time that seems unlikely.
Citizens should remain calm and report any witnessed feats of super-villainy to the appropriate authorities.

1. Plant Control Device
2. Black Market Mind Control Pheromones
3. Military Stealth/Strength Exosuit
4. Pnakotic Manuscripts
5. Medical Nanotech
6. Cryogenic Freeze Ray
7. Primordial Clay
8. Experimental Fear Gas
9. Hyper Steroid Venom
10. Radioactive Crystalic Fulerods
11. Animal Uplifting Gene Splice
Last edited by Darath on Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umi no Tani
Lobbyist

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umi no Tani » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:37 am

Shrinking-Villain on the Loose: What You Need to Know

The string of mysterious assailant who attacked and raided Tanian labs in the past few weeks has revealed himself as Dr. Darren Pym, of Cross-Pym Enterprises.
Dr. Darren Pym posted a tirade, worthy of any good villain monologue, on his social media platforms today revealing himself as Yellow Jacket
"For too long has my genius sat idle, forced to work in industries that limited my potential. I pushed the envelope in biotech and robotics, founded a company and spearheaded some of the richest research developments this nation has ever seen. But was it fulfilling? No, my true passion always was in the true basics of engineering. That mother of invention, the language of every science and every nation. Weapons.
But there is no money to be found in Umi no Tani for guns and lasers and tanks. Research into artillery? Mocked and derided. Development in nuclear missiles? Reviled and shunned. My peers could never understand my true genius. Even as a child I knew this, my early designs for ray guns and plasma swords drew frowns and disinterest from all my teachers. So I hid my true me. But you can only hide your genius for so long.
Over the years I developed a plan to finally achieve my dreams. I got my finger in every pie in the region, knew the whose who of scientists, and heard about every little research project. I poured myself into "medical" research, developing nanotechnology sold to investors as a new way to treat disease, perform surgery, save lives. Once that technology was perfected I took it all. Every nano-bot, every file, every piece of code. It was mine, and mine alone.
I turned my nanobots into a suit, a shrinking suit, allowing me to get in anywhere and everywhere. And I knew everywhere. I easily raided labs for all the parts I need to upgrade into Yellow Jacket.
Now Umi no Tani, it's time to evolve. Be destroyed or grow a pair. My attacks will only get bigger and bigger until either I'm in charge or you've created a weapon capable of destroying me. Either way, I win."

Local authorities are looking into the matter and have told citizens to be careful in the upcoming weeks. They urge people that in case of an attack, refrain from any common tropes of vulnerable civilians and to remain calm. Commissioner Okeke of Coral City emphasized that "Villains live on fear and infamy. Don't refer to him as pseudonym, call him by his name, or better yet avoid mentioning him at all. He's just a man in a suit with a racist name and an axe to grind. Nothing more and nothing less."

Concerned citizens have begun to wonder if the arrival of supervillains has anything to do with the recent spotting of a hero in Darath from Gotham. Heather Bunyasarn, a historian specializing in villains and mad scientists, points out that "When a hero shows up from one country to another, that gets attention of villains globally. Maybe the hero could fight them next? That would give them the infamy they long to have, so they act out. As kids these days put it, a sort of "Notice me senpai" phenomenon."

Cross-Pym Enterprises employees are shocked at the news of their boss's attacks. Dr. Palmer and and his assistant Dr. Choi of the nanotechnology department were quoted saying "Really? Him? We've been the one doing most of the research since the project started. I'm not surprised he's resorted to stealing technology, he was never as smart as he claimed he was."

Meanwhile representatives of the wasp community are enraged at Pym for appropriating a racial slur typically aimed at their kind as his new name. Apocrita Yun, leader of the Silicon Garden chapter of "Wasps United" was dismayed at hearing the term used in the news "We've worked so long to distance ourselves from the slur. It represents an entire stereotype- wasps as hyper-aggressive and hyper-focused insects. It's taken years to remove it from the public lexicon and now it's back! And Pym's using it to the full extent of the stereotype by posing himself as an aggressive conquerer. It's sickening."

TLDR: Umi no Tani's villain is Yellow Jacket, a shrinking nano-tech mad scientist who wants to rule the country or force it to weaponize. The populace remains unimpressed by him and is more focused that he chose a racial slur as his name.
Last edited by Umi no Tani on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PrussiaV2
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

The Fall of Rome

Postby PrussiaV2 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:47 pm

"While Gotham has achieved a mighty victory in the international culinary stage, that victory was not without cost. Carmine 'The Roman' Falcone has been reportedly shot and killed along with the Gothamite chef. With his tragic death, its unknown who will be leading Gotham's council. His Successor is rumored to be Mario, however the family has not released anything official as of now.

In others news, there have been outbreaks of mass hysteria and panic near several Falcone owned companies, what purpose or why they are happening are currently unknowns. While the attacks stopped after roughly an hour, doctors have not yet isolated the cause. Investigators are looking into the possibility that the rumored "Batman" is behind the attacks. Viewers are suggested as always to stay off the streets after dark, and to avoid going places alone"

The Emerald World
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald World » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:45 pm

Astra District, Verdis
0215 hours

Operative Wolfe swept the floor of the empty bar, getting ready to close up for the night when she heard somebody open the door. An Emera wearing an open black jacket over a plain dress shirt walked in. "Do you have any absinthe, preferably McAllister's Reserve?" asked the Emera.
Wolfe looked up. "They stash it in the back."
"Much obliged." The Emera quietly walked past Wolfe, through a door marked "Employees Only." He closed it behind him and opened the main breaker box mounted on the wall, quickly flipping the switches labeled "Washroom", "Break Room", "Heater", and "Pump" in that order before flipping the "Washroom" switch back. He closed the box and heard the rest of the switches click back before the door labeled "Storage" unlocked and opened, revealing an elevator in the middle of the storage room. The Emera stepped in and began to descend.

The light from the room above vanished as the elevator receded back into the ground, leaving no trace of its existence on the surface. A quiet humming came from above while the air got cooler before the elevator stopped with a jolt. The Emera looked at his watch as the doors opened, spilling light into the car from which he stepped.

The Emera walked down the hallway and past a pair of armed guards, flashing his ID card at them to let him pass. The Emera turned left and climbed some stairs before entering a room labeled "Pickup". The person at the desk looked up. "You're late."
"I was stuck in my bathroom and had to call the fire department to get me out."
"We both know that that isn't true. Anyway, here's the dossier. It's a bit unlike your usual ops this time. I don't know why they dispatched a Venator, though."
"Did HQ send someone to catch the thief yet?"
"Yeah, they sent an operative through here to get him about thirteen hours ago."
The Venator flipped through the dossier. "A lab admin? They put a kill order on a lab admin?"
"Intel said that he doesn't have any connections to terror cells. He was planning something by himself."
"Hm." The Venator read through the rest of the dossier. "Wait, HQ thinks that he's trying to build some sort of... mind weapon? How the hell would that even work?"
"The guy bought some kind of neural impulse device off of the black market. We don't really know the intricacies of it, but HQ has a retrieval op on standby to get his notes and prototypes. We think it has something to do with his seizures."
"You realize how crazy you sound, right?"
"Trust me, I think that this sounds like something ripped out of a comic book."
Last edited by The Emerald World on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---

The Burning Mist
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

News in The Burning Mist!

Postby The Burning Mist » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:29 pm

A T.V. flickers between channels in a local home in The Burning Mist. Alongside it, a radio plays. Local News, Public stations, and Networks that have been taken over by a mysterious power. Men in masks make statements while Kamron is being interviewed.
Mood Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X1TEw4zSDs
Channel 1
???: You will tell us everything you know... Or else...
Channel 2
Kamron: My friends, it has been a long week since our departure from Darath. But rest assured, These rumors are nothing but rumors!
Channel 3
???: This so called "Empire" will crumble before the might of The Brotherhood!
Channel 2
Kamron: This... "Brotherhood"... Is no more then a group of rebels looking to overthrow our pristine government.
Channel 4
???: I am Raz El Ghoul. And I have risen from the grave. I know the truth about this man who leads us with his iron fist. And you soon will all know it by heart.
Channel 5
Kamron: I'm sorry, I don't have time for another interview. He covers his face with his hand
Channel 4
Raz: Soon... The Burning Mist will fall. And from the ashes we will rise! Rise up my friends! Rise up against this monster! Rise up, and join... "The Brotherhood of Assassins"!

(OOC, The Brotherhood currently controls a little less then half of the fraternities in The Burning Mist (48%) and yes I'm misspelling his name on purpose)
Last edited by The Burning Mist on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Umi no Tani
Lobbyist

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umi no Tani » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:18 pm

To: Dr. Strauss
The Republic of Umi no Tani offers aid after the nuclear event in Emeros. So then, inspired by nations that aided us when we needed help most, we send aid and relief to your country. If you accept, we can send enough food for 20 million citizens, a clean up team of nuclear powered robots to help cleanse your most affected areas, and help in any biotech research needed to help your environment improve. We ask nothing in return.

TLDR:Umi no Tani is offering to send food and cleanup aid to the nuclear affected zone in Emeros

To: King Adrian Lechowicz
We offer our condolences in the death of your son. The death of a child is a heavy burden and the greatest tragedy to occur to any man. We also thank you for coming to Umi no Tani's aid, even when dealing with such deep loss. If you ever need anything or seek help in an endeavor we will gladly assist, we are indebted towards your kindness. I would like to personally thank you Adrian, without your intervention I most certainly would have been killed.

TLDR:Umi no Tani and Dr. Hamasaki owe Adrian a favor

To: Dr. Lazarus
I cannot but help but feel personally guilty for the defeat of your army in my country. If you find yourself strained on resources or needing any help in resurrecting your people, Umi no Tani is at your beck and call. I cannot emphasize enough how grateful I am that you came to our defense, at the very least I hope this whole affair can solidify a sense of camaraderie between our two nations.

TLDR:Umi no Tani offer to help in the resurrection of Darath's Army

To: Mario Falcone
I'm happy to see the close bond between our two nations to grow as we work together in these trying times. The aid that Gotham sent was appreciated and will not be forgotten and the nation as a whole can agree that we will stand in solidarity with Gotham in future events. But I must personally implore you to rethink your opinions on Gotham's "Batman". You should know as well as anyone that I cannot stomach heroes, after all the decimation they did to my homeland, but this "Batman" has changed my mind. He saved my life and asked nothing in return, and only harmed the villain who attacked my beloved country. I don't believe he's the freak your press has labeled him as, and I know he's not the terrorist my country feared he was. I don't ask you to start idolizing the man, but maybe give him another chance. Thank you again, Mario.

TLDR:Dr. Hamasaki suggests that Umi no Tani and Gotham could be strong allies and asks that Batman be given a second chance
Last edited by Umi no Tani on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Burning Mist
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

News Flash! Is Kamron Schmidt negotiating with terrorists?

Postby The Burning Mist » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:26 pm

Once again, TV's all over the world tune in for special news programs about the update with Kamron and the mysterious Raz El Ghoul...
More Mood Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxdtHnA8t5I
Channel 1
Citizen: I don't think that this kind of Brotherhood should be allowed to continue in The Burning Mist if you ask me... Schmidt's been a good leader... Why would he lie to us?
Channel 2
Masked Man: You think That this is a game we're playing?! Wake up sheeple! Kamron's been using you! WAKE! UP!
Channel 3
Reporter: And in breaking news, a riot has broken out in Great Swamp, The Burning Mist, as a gathering of hundreds of peaceful protesters suddenly began to open fire upon the police and army that was standing by that evening...
Channel 2
Masked Man: See your pretty little Kamron lie to you even at this very moment! Wake up! Smell the blood! Today is the day! Today... we wage war on this corrupt government!
Channel 3
Reporter: In other news Democratically elected leader, and least brother, Kamron Schmidt, has agreed to meet with the leader of "The Brotherhood of Assassins" in an attempt to negotiate with their leader. More news to follow at 11.

Darath
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

The Dead Shall Walk The Earth

Postby Darath » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:25 pm

CDC Contagion Warning
https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--KqcxImk---/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/18lq5bheho915jpg.jpg

An unknown virus has been spreading from various Dysian embassies with the first reports in Friedensrich.
It seems to be some sort of Old War Bio-weapon as everyone who has contracted the disease has died from it.
The recommendation of the CDC is that a strict quarantine is imposed.

There are also some reports of crazed cannibals . . . but those are probably unrelated .
https://www.stealingshare.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Zombie.jpg
Last edited by Darath on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umi no Tani
Lobbyist

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umi no Tani » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:55 pm

To: Dr. Lazarus, Mr. Wayne, Kind Adrian & whomever it may concern
You are cordially invited to a meeting of the minds discussing the topic of the future of our respective nations. The event will be held in the capital building in Nautilus Bay and lodging will be provided. It is hoped this meeting will help bring stability to our lands, so come prepared with ideas and leadership inspired innovations. Guests are welcomed and encouraged. If there are any questions or concerns feel free to contact me personally. If all goes well, I hope this to be an exhibition of our nations, perhaps even inviting guests from other nations to view.

TLDR: Umi no Tani is setting up a formal meeting between the leaders of the Northern nations to prepare for a "Nation's Fair"
Last edited by Umi no Tani on Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darath
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Darath » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:43 pm

Umi no Tani wrote:*snip*

To: Dr. Hamasaki
I would be glad to accept such a request. I could bring along several . . . useful people (I know that there are a few people who your citizens would love to get their hands on and who our nation would not miss) , perhaps that hotel manager that your minister of tourism was looking at?
Such an alliance might also be beneficial for . . . finance reasons.
I anticipate a most . . . eventful and profitable meeting.

PrussiaV2
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby PrussiaV2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:46 pm

Umi no Tani wrote:-snip-

Despite a muggers best attempts, the mail goes through, and upon reading the contents Bruce Wayne writes a reply.

To: Dr. Valencia Hamaski
Stability, and its presumptuous decrease in the crime rates are always welcome in Gotham, I shall be attending. With any luck, it shall end up better then the last meeting up in the North. I'll see what my compatriots have in the field of innovation and technology.
Bruce Wayne

The Lechites
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Lechites » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:59 pm

Umi no Tani wrote:-snipperino-

To:Dr.Valencia Hamasaki
While I am quite busy with keeping morale high after the disasters which have struck the planet, both internationally and within my nation, I can indeed attend this meeting. If I may, I have some proposals to make regarding a new discovery I made while in the scrapyards of my nation...Which leads me to ask you whether you want to assist me with creating a suit for personal use. After all, these problems we had with supervillains only illustrates why I need such reinforcements.
When I come over, I will likewise be happy to indulge in some classic diplomacy and economic talks. Always gets me really pumped up. No jests.

P.S: Pizza or Cheeseburgers?

Friedensreich
Diplomat

Founded: May 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Ivy Proves Her Usefulness

Postby Friedensreich » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:17 am

”I have given you a chance to redeem yourself and join us, half-breed. Do not waste it, because I’m not forgiving you for a second time. Go to Kiracha and prove to Profokiev that even you can be useful to the Reicher species.” commands Katerina to the recenty incarcerated Poison Ivy.

“What if I refuse to help you? Why can’t I just go somewhere else?” Asks Ivy.

“You’re little more than a criminal to the rest of the world. I would not expect any other place to accept you, let alone even allowing you into their borders. You have a chance to join ranks with the society that enjoys superiority over the rest, and have the fame that you would never achieve elsewhere. Don’t waste that chance.” Replies Spelma.

Ivy sighs before boarding the tram to Kiracha. She doesn’t want to be restricted, but she has no other place to go. Regardless, she stares out of the window of the tram during the ride through the Deadlands. She stares out at the ugly beige-green landscape dotted with the occasional toppled building for an hour before reaching the walls of Kiracha in an attempt to find some way to impress the military leadership. Although calling it a Wall is somewhat incorrect, since it looks like little more than a dense forest of mushrooms. There are no defenses, no protection.

That is when the idea hits her. She can control any plant life and change it in any way she seems fit. Why can’t she use her ability to weaponize plants? What is preventing her from creating plant based defenses?

As she contemplates on what she can do to demonstrate her usefulness, the tram enters a station in Kiracha. The former general turned Commune Governor stands impatiently in the station, expecting to be disappointed. Ivy exits the tram, her green leafy skin and bright red hair making Profokiev jump backwards.

“I expect something good from you, Xiongnu.” He says curtly.

“I have something amazing planned, sir. Can I please have a bag of seeds to demonstrate?” She replies.

Profokiev nods towards one of the guards that came with her. He pulls out a small paper bag of seeds, and places it in Ivy’s hand. Within a minute, the seed bag bursts open. Green, leafy vines reach outward in multiple directions around her hand. Once her hand is covered in the vines, the leaves change into spikes, almost like those of a cactus but larger. Poison Ivy then picks one of the spikes, and lunges it at a nearby guard, piercing his cheek.
A couple minutes later, foam erupts from this guards’ mouth as he collapses to the ground.

“General Profokiev, as you can see, I was able to weaponize a plant by exploiting their natural defense mechanisms. Like a cactus, I turned leaves into spikes that can be plucked. And, for good measure, I also decided to make this plant better at defending itself chemically by making it produce cyanide in its tissue, like the common Nettle. The end result are highly toxic spikes that poison those that come into contact with them.... I hope this is good enough for you for now.” She says triumphantly.

“I suppose that is alright Xiongnu. Get to work on making Kiracha defendable, you have a week to make the Commune heavily defended from foreigners.” Orders Profokiev, before walking away.
Last edited by Friedensreich on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Freedom without socialism is privilege and injustice; socialism without freedom is slavery and brutality." -Bakunin

Umi no Tani
Lobbyist

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Umi no Tani » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:35 pm

An official letter is sent out to the leader of every nation...

Umi no Tani is hosting an international fair to highlight the very best of every nation. With this in mind, I invite you personally to attend and provide an exhibition that showcases your glorious nation's culture and technologies and magics. I will provide lodging for you and your entourage and of course for your guards[/spoiler]. I highly encourage citizens of your nation to attend, in hopes we can use this event to bolster international unity. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me personally. I look forward to hearing back from you.

TLDR:Umi no Tani has asked other nation's leaders to attend a world's fair and bring exhibitions

An advertisement begins to show in newspapers and air on television internationally (where permitted, of course)...
Nautilus Bay Presents the One and Only

Wonderful
Spectacular

Breath-Taking

World's Fair

Come see the Glory and Majesty of the World
Experience Life Abroad
Meet the Bold
Greet the New
Taste Cuisine from Afar
And see the Future before it Happens
All in One place
The Nautilus Bay World's Fair
Coming Soon!

TLDR: Umi no Tani is inviting citizens from every nation to a World's Fair in the capital city of Nautilus Bay

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents