NATION

PASSWORD

Victory for The Neutral Zone over the Black Hawks

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Centristy
Secretary

Founded: Aug 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Victory for The Neutral Zone over the Black Hawks

Postby Centristy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:37 pm

Twice now the Black Hawks attempted to penetrate the rocky shores of the Neutral Zone and twice now they have suffered a humiliating defeat. The first time left one of them dead and two captured. The second time they could barely muster half the troops as the first. Both times the leader of the operation fled the region minutes after starting his failed invasion, leaving his soldiers behind to be slaughtered by NZ troops. With that kind of leadership it is no wonder why TBH has been so unsuccessful.

As the Senior Executive Chief of Administration of the Central Neutral Zone Bureacracy I declare an unconditional Victory over the region called The Black Hawks. Of course I would be foolish to expect them to actually admit to being defeated, but them seizing their campaign against NZ shows their compliance.

And before you tell me why don't I invade them; this was a defensive war. Maybe you should ask TBH why they failed to invade when they are a raiding faction.
Last edited by Centristy on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadeye Jack
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deadeye Jack » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Not to rain on your parade, but they did what is known as "tag raiding" and their only goal was to take the delegacy, vandalize the region and leave. Kudos to you for being a good founder and quickly dealing with everything though. If you would like to prevent the Black Hawks from raiding your region and vandalizing it, consider switching the delegacy to have non-executive power and no other RO type powers assigned to it.

As an aside, if you really enjoyed these victories over the Black Hawks if you start defending you can have many more. Either way good luck to you and your region.

Centristy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Centristy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:48 pm

Deadeye Jack wrote:Not to rain on your parade, but they did what is known as "tag raiding" and their only goal was to take the delegacy, vandalize the region and leave. Kudos to you for being a good founder and quickly dealing with everything though. If you would like to prevent the Black Hawks from raiding your region and vandalizing it, consider switching the delegacy to have non-executive power and no other RO type powers assigned to it.

As an aside, if you really enjoyed these victories over the Black Hawks if you start defending you can have many more. Either way good luck to you and your region.

Yes that is what they told me, but their second raid was a response to me when I told them they failed at raiding me the first time. They bit off more than they could chew by messing with the Neutral Zone.

Lands of Anarchy
Attaché

Founded: Jul 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lands of Anarchy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Centristy wrote:
Deadeye Jack wrote:Not to rain on your parade, but they did what is known as "tag raiding" and their only goal was to take the delegacy, vandalize the region and leave. Kudos to you for being a good founder and quickly dealing with everything though. If you would like to prevent the Black Hawks from raiding your region and vandalizing it, consider switching the delegacy to have non-executive power and no other RO type powers assigned to it.

Yes that is what they told me, but their second raid was a response to me when I told them they failed at raiding me the first time. They bit off more than they could chew by messing with the Neutral Zone.

They were launching tag raids both times. It is normal to do when a region has a Founder.

Deadeye Jack
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deadeye Jack » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:51 pm

Centristy wrote:

Well like I said, consider taking away executive powers from your delegate position and that should save you some future headaches. Unless of course you enjoy kicking the raiders out and putting everything back the way it was. In that case more power to you and I'm sure you'll have a few more victories.

Centristy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Centristy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Deadeye Jack wrote:
Centristy wrote:

Well like I said, consider taking away executive powers from your delegate position and that should save you some future headaches. Unless of course you enjoy kicking the raiders out and putting everything back the way it was. In that case more power to you and I'm sure you'll have a few more victories.

I enjoyed defending against them and I'll keep WA powers up to show them they don't scare me.

Gibraltarica
Envoy

Founded: May 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibraltarica » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:55 pm

Centristy wrote:
Deadeye Jack wrote:

I enjoyed defending against them and I'll keep WA powers up to show them they don't scare me.

Perfect. We always appreciate when natives leave it raidable.
Colloquially known as "Jinkies"
I’m a gal :)

Centristy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Centristy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Gibraltarica wrote:
Centristy wrote:

Perfect. We always appreciate when natives leave it raidable.

Well we can't beat you if we don't let you play.

Chingis
Events Manager

Founded: Apr 04, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chingis » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Good job mate. Keep up the good work >:)
1 John 2:1-2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father - Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

Matthew 5:43-44 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:55 pm

"Much ado about nothing": The Thread
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Lexicor
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lexicor » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Ridersyl wrote:"Much ado about nothing": The Thread

:hug: and :kiss: <3
"The less one knows about the Civil War the more likely one is to think the North fought to free the slaves."
"As hours worked by an individual approaches zero, the probability of engagement in political activism approaches one."
"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of the mention of inter-sectional group identities approaches one."

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:13 pm

Guess I'll have to stop by as well.

Centristy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Centristy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Chingis wrote:Good job mate. Keep up the good work >:)

Thank you my friend.

Vaculatestar64 wrote:Guess I'll have to stop by as well.

This is not an invitation to raid us, this is the end to TBH's reign of terror.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:23 pm

After these reckless declarations of victory, I will be boycotting the Neutral Zone until this attitude stops. Or until a huge occupation that just screams "raider unity" comes to town with 50+ WA endorsements on the delegate, anyway.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:41 pm

Tinhampton wrote:After these reckless declarations of victory, I will be boycotting the Neutral Zone until this attitude stops. Or until a huge occupation that just screams "raider unity" comes to town with 50+ WA endorsements on the delegate, anyway.
I have to agree with these sentiments. If you don't really care about the defense of your region by taking necessary precautions, don't expect me to defend for you.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Centristy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Centristy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:05 am

Fauxia wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:After these reckless declarations of victory, I will be boycotting the Neutral Zone until this attitude stops. Or until a huge occupation that just screams "raider unity" comes to town with 50+ WA endorsements on the delegate, anyway.
I have to agree with these sentiments. If you don't really care about the defense of your region by taking necessary precautions, don't expect me to defend for you.

Your defensive capabilities are not needed when I single handedly decimated the Black Hawks. I understand if you wish to boycott me, the Neutral Zone is neutral on the subject.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:37 am

Centristy wrote:
Fauxia wrote:I have to agree with these sentiments. If you don't really care about the defense of your region by taking necessary precautions, don't expect me to defend for you.

Your defensive capabilities are not needed when I single handedly decimated the Black Hawks. I understand if you wish to boycott me, the Neutral Zone is neutral on the subject.
"Decimated." It was a tag raid. Read Deadeye Jack's post. It wasn't an invasion. Since you are a founder, they won't invade. They just tag raid, which is coming in and vandalizing. I won't prevent it from happening.
Last edited by Fauxia on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:46 am

Don't let the GP denizens get you down. Take your victories when you can. The randoms threatening to boycott your region don't matter, because they have to be involved first for a boycott to matter. The other randoms threatening to re-raid your region just gives you another chance to show that you're boss if they make good on their words. This is a sandbox game, so success and failure are up to you, not others. Nice work on fighting off the hawks, and good luck with your region.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

The Land of Lil Bunnies
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Lil Bunnies » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:09 am

Centristy wrote:
Chingis wrote:Good job mate. Keep up the good work >:)

Thank you my friend.

Vaculatestar64 wrote:Guess I'll have to stop by as well.

This is not an invitation to raid us, this is the end to TBH's reign of terror.

I do hope you realize taking down a tag from your hit region does not signify the end of anything, or you will be very disappointed.

East Kerbin
Attaché

Founded: Aug 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby East Kerbin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:18 am

Man, my old nation's region got ripped apart by the Black Hawks a while ago.

Centristy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Centristy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:02 am

Flanderlion wrote:Don't let the GP denizens get you down. Take your victories when you can. The randoms threatening to boycott your region don't matter, because they have to be involved first for a boycott to matter. The other randoms threatening to re-raid your region just gives you another chance to show that you're boss if they make good on their words. This is a sandbox game, so success and failure are up to you, not others. Nice work on fighting off the hawks, and good luck with your region.

Don't worry I'm not. Raiders will try to use any excuse in the book to make it seem like they didn't lose. It's simply embarrassing.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:07 am

Centristy wrote:Don't worry I'm not. Raiders will try to use any excuse in the book to make it seem like they didn't lose. It's simply embarrassing.

Hi. Defender here. They didn't lose. You just cleaned up, after their successful tag raid.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

The Land of Lil Bunnies
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Lil Bunnies » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:17 am

Centristy wrote:Don't worry I'm not. Raiders will try to use any excuse in the book to make it seem like they didn't lose. It's simply embarrassing.

The purpose of a tag raid is not to hold a region, it is to "tag" it on the World Factbook Entry, add an embassy, etc., to use it as a platform for advertising. There is no mission to "hold" a region captive and puppets are immediately switched. What happened in Neutral Zone was actually a raiding success, because they attained the WA Delegacy for your region and tagged it. It is expected that an active founder will take it down. What you did is clean up after a successful hit.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:12 pm

Ridersyl wrote:

Hi. Defender here. They didn't lose. You just cleaned up, after their successful tag raid.
Don't bother. This is the umpteenth time they've been told.

Centristy
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Centristy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:
Don't bother. This is the umpteenth time they've been told.

I've been getting told that but they just simply don't understand. The Neutral Zone was raided twice and I successfully defended twice, thus I humiliated TBH. It doesn't matter what the people in this thread's opinions are, I won no matter what.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay