NATION

PASSWORD

Nation Fails to Show as CTE in Dossier

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Omniabstracta
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Nation Fails to Show as CTE in Dossier

Postby Omniabstracta » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Hello! I recently encountered a small bug involving my nation dossier:

As you can see, it includes two CTE'd nations, Foward Thinking, and All of Creation. However, the Boneyard symbol fails to show behind All of Creation's name, and their name is still clickable, leading to the "Nation does not exist" page.

If I remember correctly, this was also the case in the regional happenings list, and may occur in factbooks as well. As far as I can see, it is isolated to this nation, though I'm unsure about that.

Thanks!
"It was golden, purple, violet, gray and blue. It lighted every peak, crevasse and ridge of the nearby mountain range with a clarity and beauty that cannot be described but must be seen to be imagined. It was that beauty that the great poets dream about but describe most poorly and inadequately..."

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:30 pm

I believe the techies have made it so the CTEd nation names are a direct hyperlink to the boneyard now. I could be wrong, but I've also seen it with CTEd founder nations.
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Omniabstracta
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Omniabstracta » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Lenlyvit wrote:I believe the techies have made it so the CTEd nation names are a direct hyperlink to the boneyard now. I could be wrong, but I've also seen it with CTEd founder nations.

As far as I know, you've always been able to click the boneyard monolith thing beside a CTEd nation's name to go to it in the boneyard. In the case of All of Creation, this symbol is absent, and the link leads directly to www.nationstates.net/nation=all_of_creation, not the boneyard, just like it would if the nation still existed.
"It was golden, purple, violet, gray and blue. It lighted every peak, crevasse and ridge of the nearby mountain range with a clarity and beauty that cannot be described but must be seen to be imagined. It was that beauty that the great poets dream about but describe most poorly and inadequately..."

Lenlyvit
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Lenlyvit » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:08 pm

Omniabstracta wrote:
Lenlyvit wrote:I believe the techies have made it so the CTEd nation names are a direct hyperlink to the boneyard now. I could be wrong, but I've also seen it with CTEd founder nations.

As far as I know, you've always been able to click the boneyard monolith thing beside a CTEd nation's name to go to it in the boneyard. In the case of All of Creation, this symbol is absent, and the link leads directly to http://www.nationstates.net/nation=all_of_creation, not the boneyard, just like it would if the nation still existed.

Whoops, you're right about that >_>. That's what I saw last night, but since it was 1am when I saw it my memory must have been a little faulty. Sorry about that! Its the same way in this region: https://www.nationstates.net/region=hellenic_empire .
World Assembly Secretary-General | Guide to the Security Council | Security Council Ruleset | SC Ideas Thread

Founder of The Hole To Hide In (THTHI Discord)
Chief of Staff and former four time Delegate of 10000 Islands

I've been commended by the Security Council. Author of 19 Security Council Resolutions.

Omniabstracta
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Omniabstracta » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:29 pm

This appears to still be occurring, but after looking for more nations where this is the case, I can't seem to find any.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:32 pm

How can it still be occurring if you don't see any more cases?

Omniabstracta
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Omniabstracta » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:37 pm

[violet] wrote:How can it still be occurring if you don't see any more cases?

I meant that it was still happening to the aforementioned nations, but there aren't any new cases that I can see. Sorry for the bad wording .-.
Last edited by Omniabstracta on Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Aha, I see. Fixed manually.

Omniabstracta
Diplomat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Omniabstracta » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:59 pm

Thank you!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical