NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: Downfall (OOC/Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Trytaria wrote:Seems like most ASoIaF rps die out before they even get to the middle of the plot. Saddens me, tbh : :meh:

I don't mean to bump this, since it just was but this died out a while ago. It was rebooted, but that also died out.

I have a Ice & Fire RP in the works, as a sequel to my Feast for Crows RP. I plan to have it up sometime this month.

Trytaria
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Trytaria » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:33 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Trytaria wrote:Seems like most ASoIaF rps die out before they even get to the middle of the plot. Saddens me, tbh : :meh:

I don't mean to bump this, since it just was but this died out a while ago. It was rebooted, but that also died out.

I have a Ice & Fire RP in the works, as a sequel to my Feast for Crows RP. I plan to have it up sometime this month.

I'll probably join, if you put it up. Ik it died a while ago, and forgot that posting bumped threads beacuse I'm an idiot, but I just wanted to express my sadness. Now this thread can die out as it did, lol
Right leaning independent; The Rock 2020
Current favorite song

Eraus
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eraus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:36 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:

Dream of Springs? If so you know i'm in lol
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -1.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.56
Pro: Islam,USA, US Military, Capitalism, Freedom,Democratic Party
Against: ISIS, Trump, Far Right Conservatives

Vladivostokava
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Vladivostokava » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:23 am

We need a OP who can keep it moving. No offence meant to Nux's circumstances at all. But I think every RP can keep moving as long as posts can be made every so often. Maybe not 10 posts a day but even once a day or every other day. If we have a slower pace I think it can last for a lot longer. It will also be far more fair to those who cant get on NS every hour of every day..

I am not saying we make an RP that takes a actual year to finish. But I am saying, we should make a longer period of time than two days before we declare a RP 'dead.'

I also recommend a loyal group of Co-OPs. Not just one OP and one Co-OP but more redundancy such as 3 Co-OPs. Keep the other two in reserve in the case that the only back up you have goes missing. So they will have the power to accept apps and manage in the case of OP and Co-OPs absence.

Following this, in theory, we should have a RP that can last a exuberant amount of time. Or at least enough so it wont seem like a failure.
My name is Ava/Ewa I am from Poland.
我会说一点, Mowie po polsku, I speak English.
I am Polish born, American citizen, I live in China.

Trytaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Trytaria » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:42 pm

Vladivostokava wrote:We need a OP who can keep it moving. No offence meant to Nux's circumstances at all. But I think every RP can keep moving as long as posts can be made every so often. Maybe not 10 posts a day but even once a day or every other day. If we have a slower pace I think it can last for a lot longer. It will also be far more fair to those who cant get on NS every hour of every day..

I am not saying we make an RP that takes a actual year to finish. But I am saying, we should make a longer period of time than two days before we declare a RP 'dead.'

I also recommend a loyal group of Co-OPs. Not just one OP and one Co-OP but more redundancy such as 3 Co-OPs. Keep the other two in reserve in the case that the only back up you have goes missing. So they will have the power to accept apps and manage in the case of OP and Co-OPs absence.

Following this, in theory, we should have a RP that can last a exuberant amount of time. Or at least enough so it wont seem like a failure.

Agree
Current favorite song

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Trytaria wrote:
Vladivostokava wrote:We need a OP who can keep it moving. No offence meant to Nux's circumstances at all. But I think every RP can keep moving as long as posts can be made every so often. Maybe not 10 posts a day but even once a day or every other day. If we have a slower pace I think it can last for a lot longer. It will also be far more fair to those who cant get on NS every hour of every day..

Agree

This is dead.

We have a new one running
Lover of doggos

Trytaria
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Trytaria » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:15 pm

Revlona wrote:
Trytaria wrote:Agree

This is dead.

We have a new one runnin

I will probably join that one.
Current favorite song

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:14 pm

House Targaryen

Aerys Targaryen the Second of his Name,
King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm

Born in 244AC, within the walls of the Red Keep
Rules from the Iron Throne in the Red Keep, at the heart of Kingslanding

Aerys was born to Jaehaerys and Shaera Targaryen, themselves the children of Aegon the Fifth of his Name. From a young age he never proved himself to be a great man, possessing neither the mind nor the skill to excel as a prince of the royal family. And yet he was gifted with charm, enough to make him a great number of friends on whom his later successes would depend. One such friend was the young Tywin Lannister, the heir to House Lannister of Casterly Rock. The Lion of the West, after the War of the Ninepenny Kings saw the last of the Blackfyre Pretenders slain on the field of battle, was chosen to knight his friend who had earned his spurs at only sixteen. Two years later, this friendship would prove to be a blessing for the once failing Lannisters. Aerys, now dubbed King Aerys II with the death of his father, named Tywin his hand. Together, the two would bring the realm a dozen years of peace and prosperity.

As a teenager, under the watchful gaze of his weak father, the future king was wedded to his younger sister. Even at such an age the two were far from lovers, the marriage made purely out of a child's duty to an ailing father. As the years dragged on, this marriage continued to forebear a great tragedy. After Rhaegar, no more children blessed their house, driving Aerys into paranoia as he laid the blame on his enemies at court.

However it was not just dead children which tore at the sanity of the King. His friend and Hand, Lord Tywin Lannister, proved himself to be an exceedingly competent administrator, governing the realm without fault year after year. And year after year Aerys found himself having his own accomplishments overshadowed by that of the Lion. Slowly, the king began to act on his envy, acting against the wishes of his friend as he tried to grasp at prestige and glory that was being denied him. It was not long until the court learned that their own advancement lay in doing the same, giving Aerys the attention and praise that he had long wished for.

And yet there was a chance of recovery for the king's mind, and that chance was when Jaehaerys was born. A second son to strengthen the name and history of Aerys. And by a uncaring god the babe died. Aerys blamed his wife, her midwife, his mistress, his lover's entire family. Yet it was not enough, not for the King. In a fit of despair he took a walk of repentance, pledging himself to only lay with his wife. And while a son would come, healthy and strong, the damage of Jaehaerys' death could not be repaired.

Aerys, his envy of Tywin driving him to greater feats of humiliation against his former friend, once again refused his Hand's advise when Lord Darklyn refused to pay his taxes. Choosing to deal with the rebel himself, Aerys was captured by Darklyn and held prisoner for six months. Upon his rescue by Ser Barristan Selmy, Aerys had truly broken.

Once he was a handsome and charismatic man, generous and resolute. Now his paranoia led him to see treachery in every act, his envy to consider Tywin and his own son Rhaegar a threat. He refused to leave the Red Keep for four years, letting his hair and nails grow unkempt for fear of a blade. Only the Tourney of Harrenhal, in the Year of the False Spring, roused him from his seat. There, the realm at large was allowed to see the state of their king. Naming Jaime Lannister to his kingsguard at the behest of the youth's twin sister, Aerys deprived his Hand of his heir and saw to it that Tywin gave up his position. Considering himself finally victor over his rival, Aerys returned to the capital, believing the realm to once again be behind him as it was when he was still young.

Alas, his estranged son, Rhaegar, took it upon himself to kidnap young Lyanna Stark. Her brother rode to the capital to demand that the prince face him over the insult. Aerys, seeing treachery, commanded the Stark boy and his companions arrested, and summoned their fathers to court. When they arrived, Aerys executed them all. However the bloodlust was on him, and he sent out one more raven. This, to Jon Arryn in the Vale, commanded the aging noble to hand over his young wards to suffer the same punishment as their rebellious family.

The Crownlands: ~15,000
Principle Lordships
Blount

Buckwell

Byrch

Bywater

Celtigar

Chelsted

Farring

Gaunt

Harte

Hayford

Massey

Rosby

Rykker

Staunton

Bar Emmon

Stokeworth

Velaryon

Brune

Wendwater

The Vale of Arryn: ~5,000
Principle Lordships

Grafton

Corbray

Upcliff

The Riverlands: ~13,000
Principle Lordships

Goodbrook

Whent

Mooton

Darry

Ryger

The Stormlands: ~8,000
Principle Lordships

Connington

Fell

Grandison

Cafferen

Lonmouth
The Royal Family
Aerys II Targaryen, King of Westeros, a violent and disturbed man, thirty-nine years old
- his wife and sister, Rhaella, Queen of Westeros, victim of her husband, thirty-seven years old
-- their children
--- Rhaegar, the Crown Prince, Lord of Dragonstone, twenty-four years old
---- his lady wife, Elia Martell, the Princess of Dorne, a frail woman, twenty-six years old
----- their children
------ Rhaenys, a little girl of three
------ Aegon, a babe still at the breast, not yet one
--- Shaena, stillborn
--- Daeron, died before his first birthday
--- Visenya, stillborn
--- Aegon, born premature, died shortly after birth
--- Jaehaerys, died before his first birthday
--- Viserys, a royal prince, nine years old

The Small Council
- Owen Merryweather, Lord of Longtable, Hand of the King
- Varys, the Spider, Master of Whispers
- Rossart, Grand Master of the Alchemist Guild, adviser to the council
- Pycelle, Grand Maester
- Symond Staunton, Lord of Rook's Rest, Master of Laws
- Qarlton Chelsted, Lord of Gauntlet, Master of Coin
- Lucerys Velaryon, Lord of Driftmark, Master of Ships
- Gerold Hightower, a knight, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard

The Kingsguard
- Gerold Hightower, Lord Commander
- Lewyn Martell, a Prince of Dorne
- Barristan Selmy, known as the Bold
- Oswell Whent
- Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning
- Jonothor Darry
- Jaime Lannister, the youngest of the Kingsguard

Principle Courtiers
- Jon Connington, Lord of Griffin's Roost
- Myles Mooton, a young knight
- Richard Lonmouth, a young knight
- Willum Darry, a knight, master-at-arms of the Red Keep
- Jon Brune, Lord of Dire Den
- Janie Pyle, Lady of Pyle
- Tarah Swallow, Lady of Water Nest
- Felton Harte, Lord of Antlers
- Gareth Grafton, a young knight
- Harry Upcliffe, a knight
- Richard Footly, Lord of Tumbleton
- Steffon Cafferen, Lord of Highhouse
- Harlan Grandison, Lord of Grandview
- Benedict Fell, Lord of Fellwood
- Garigus, Wisdom of the Alchemist Guild
- Belis, Wisdom of the Alchemist Guild

EDIT: and in all of this excitement I forgot my RP examples:
Jhet wrote:use link since I am too lazy to format

Rhinocera
Minister

Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rhinocera » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Jhet wrote:
(Image)
House Targaryen

Aerys Targaryen the Second of his Name,
King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm

Born in 244AC, within the walls of the Red Keep
Rules from the Iron Throne in the Red Keep, at the heart of Kingslanding

Aerys was born to Jaehaerys and Shaera Targaryen, themselves the children of Aegon the Fifth of his Name. From a young age he never proved himself to be a great man, possessing neither the mind nor the skill to excel as a prince of the royal family. And yet he was gifted with charm, enough to make him a great number of friends on whom his later successes would depend. One such friend was the young Tywin Lannister, the heir to House Lannister of Casterly Rock. The Lion of the West, after the War of the Ninepenny Kings saw the last of the Blackfyre Pretenders slain on the field of battle, was chosen to knight his friend who had earned his spurs at only sixteen. Two years later, this friendship would prove to be a blessing for the once failing Lannisters. Aerys, now dubbed King Aerys II with the death of his father, named Tywin his hand. Together, the two would bring the realm a dozen years of peace and prosperity.

As a teenager, under the watchful gaze of his weak father, the future king was wedded to his younger sister. Even at such an age the two were far from lovers, the marriage made purely out of a child's duty to an ailing father. As the years dragged on, this marriage continued to forebear a great tragedy. After Rhaegar, no more children blessed their house, driving Aerys into paranoia as he laid the blame on his enemies at court.

However it was not just dead children which tore at the sanity of the King. His friend and Hand, Lord Tywin Lannister, proved himself to be an exceedingly competent administrator, governing the realm without fault year after year. And year after year Aerys found himself having his own accomplishments overshadowed by that of the Lion. Slowly, the king began to act on his envy, acting against the wishes of his friend as he tried to grasp at prestige and glory that was being denied him. It was not long until the court learned that their own advancement lay in doing the same, giving Aerys the attention and praise that he had long wished for.

And yet there was a chance of recovery for the king's mind, and that chance was when Jaehaerys was born. A second son to strengthen the name and history of Aerys. And by a uncaring god the babe died. Aerys blamed his wife, her midwife, his mistress, his lover's entire family. Yet it was not enough, not for the King. In a fit of despair he took a walk of repentance, pledging himself to only lay with his wife. And while a son would come, healthy and strong, the damage of Jaehaerys' death could not be repaired.

Aerys, his envy of Tywin driving him to greater feats of humiliation against his former friend, once again refused his Hand's advise when Lord Darklyn refused to pay his taxes. Choosing to deal with the rebel himself, Aerys was captured by Darklyn and held prisoner for six months. Upon his rescue by Ser Barristan Selmy, Aerys had truly broken.

Once he was a handsome and charismatic man, generous and resolute. Now his paranoia led him to see treachery in every act, his envy to consider Tywin and his own son Rhaegar a threat. He refused to leave the Red Keep for four years, letting his hair and nails grow unkempt for fear of a blade. Only the Tourney of Harrenhal, in the Year of the False Spring, roused him from his seat. There, the realm at large was allowed to see the state of their king. Naming Jaime Lannister to his kingsguard at the behest of the youth's twin sister, Aerys deprived his Hand of his heir and saw to it that Tywin gave up his position. Considering himself finally victor over his rival, Aerys returned to the capital, believing the realm to once again be behind him as it was when he was still young.

Alas, his estranged son, Rhaegar, took it upon himself to kidnap young Lyanna Stark. Her brother rode to the capital to demand that the prince face him over the insult. Aerys, seeing treachery, commanded the Stark boy and his companions arrested, and summoned their fathers to court. When they arrived, Aerys executed them all. However the bloodlust was on him, and he sent out one more raven. This, to Jon Arryn in the Vale, commanded the aging noble to hand over his young wards to suffer the same punishment as their rebellious family.

The Crownlands: ~15,000
Principle Lordships
(Image)
Blount

(Image)
Buckwell

(Image)
Byrch

(Image)
Bywater

(Image)
Celtigar

(Image)
Chelsted

(Image)
Farring

(Image)
Gaunt

(Image)
Harte

(Image)
Hayford

(Image)
Massey

(Image)
Rosby

(Image)
Rykker

(Image)
Staunton

(Image)
Bar Emmon

(Image)
Stokeworth

(Image)
Velaryon

(Image)
Brune

(Image)
Wendwater

The Vale of Arryn: ~5,000
Principle Lordships

(Image)
Grafton

(Image)
Corbray

(Image)
Upcliff

The Riverlands: ~13,000
Principle Lordships

(Image)
Goodbrook

(Image)
Whent

(Image)
Mooton

(Image)
Darry

(Image)
Ryger

The Stormlands: ~8,000
Principle Lordships

(Image)
Connington

(Image)
Fell

(Image)
Grandison

(Image)
Cafferen

(Image)
Lonmouth
The Royal Family
Aerys II Targaryen, King of Westeros, a violent and disturbed man, thirty-nine years old
- his wife and sister, Rhaella, Queen of Westeros, victim of her husband, thirty-seven years old
-- their children
--- Rhaegar, the Crown Prince, Lord of Dragonstone, twenty-four years old
---- his lady wife, Elia Martell, the Princess of Dorne, a frail woman, twenty-six years old
----- their children
------ Rhaenys, a little girl of three
------ Aegon, a babe still at the breast, not yet one
--- Shaena, stillborn
--- Daeron, died before his first birthday
--- Visenya, stillborn
--- Aegon, born premature, died shortly after birth
--- Jaehaerys, died before his first birthday
--- Viserys, a royal prince, nine years old

The Small Council
- Owen Merryweather, Lord of Longtable, Hand of the King
- Varys, the Spider, Master of Whispers
- Rossart, Grand Master of the Alchemist Guild, adviser to the council
- Pycelle, Grand Maester
- Symond Staunton, Lord of Rook's Rest, Master of Laws
- Qarlton Chelsted, Lord of Gauntlet, Master of Coin
- Lucerys Velaryon, Lord of Driftmark, Master of Ships
- Gerold Hightower, a knight, Lord Commander of the Kingsguard

The Kingsguard
- Gerold Hightower, Lord Commander
- Lewyn Martell, a Prince of Dorne
- Barristan Selmy, known as the Bold
- Oswell Whent
- Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning
- Jonothor Darry
- Jaime Lannister, the youngest of the Kingsguard

Principle Courtiers
- Jon Connington, Lord of Griffin's Roost
- Myles Mooton, a young knight
- Richard Lonmouth, a young knight
- Willum Darry, a knight, master-at-arms of the Red Keep
- Jon Brune, Lord of Dire Den
- Janie Pyle, Lady of Pyle
- Tarah Swallow, Lady of Water Nest
- Felton Harte, Lord of Antlers
- Gareth Grafton, a young knight
- Harry Upcliffe, a knight
- Richard Footly, Lord of Tumbleton
- Steffon Cafferen, Lord of Highhouse
- Harlan Grandison, Lord of Grandview
- Benedict Fell, Lord of Fellwood
- Garigus, Wisdom of the Alchemist Guild
- Belis, Wisdom of the Alchemist Guild

EDIT: and in all of this excitement I forgot my RP examples:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this RP has been dead for over 6 months.
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

Jhet
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jhet » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Oh I know, was copy-pasting it into my app archives, must have misclicked post.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Sat May 19, 2018 4:36 pm

Not grace digging here but I'm putting together a Game of Thrones RP and I figure where should I start to recruit other then a previous RP. Any interested just PM me.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse