NATION

PASSWORD

{submitted} Repealing Responsibility in Transferring Arms

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Keshiland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

{submitted} Repealing Responsibility in Transferring Arms

Postby Keshiland » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:23 am

General Assembly Resolution #399 “Responsibility in Transferring Arms” (Category: Global Disarmament; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

WA
I hear by ask to repeal Responsibility In Transferring Arms.

Noting- that this legislation protects the citizens and residents of the WA nations from a total gun ban.

Thus- It is a draconian piece of legislation.

Consequences- This will end up causing the deaths of millions or billions across the WA nations since nations will have to maneuver around restrictions in keeping their own safe.

Fixing- By repealing this legislation the nations will be safer and problem solved.

Replacement

World Assembly,

Acknowledging that some nations have a gun culture.

Act one- Regulation
I- All gun owners must register their guns to an international list.
II- The year, make, and model of the gun must be registered
III- The type of ammunition must be registered.

Act two- Confiscation
I- All gun owners that are not part of the army will have 1 month to turn in said guns.
II- The law enforcement will be given the right after the 1 month period is up to stop citizens and residents indiscriminately to check for guns.
III- All citizens found with a gun shall be punished with no less than 5 years incarcerated.

Act three- Bans
I- A full and complete ammunition ban will take place immediately.
II- A full and complete ban on automatic guns will take place immediately.
III- A full and complete ban on semi automatic guns will take place immediately.
IV- A full and complete ban on hand guns will take place immediately.
V- A full and complete ban on rifle guns will take place immediately.
VI- A full and complete ban on revolver guns will take place immediately.

Act four- Exceptions
I- All military personnel shall be exempt from this law.

The WA nations are required to enforce this law.
Last edited by Keshiland on Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOC- I am a Prolife Liberal who is Anti Gun, Pro Immigration, Pro UHC, Pro financial aid, and anything that makes children's lives better. I am also eco-friendly.

IC- The Federation of Keshiland stands for freedom and local governance. Requirements for state hood. A territory atleast 1,000 KL and a population of atleast 100k. Our Constitution keeps us free and can only be changed with a 3/4ths ratification of the states.

State count 135

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:26 am

"What possible benefit is there in allowing an international ban on guns? How does C.D.S.P. firearms ownership possibly impact Keshiland?"

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Keshiland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Keshiland » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:28 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"What possible benefit is there in allowing an international ban on guns? How does C.D.S.P. firearms ownership possibly impact Keshiland?"

"It visiously removed my totaal gun ban on my people and now mass killing is happening left and right" Yells Sackeshi!
OOC- I am a Prolife Liberal who is Anti Gun, Pro Immigration, Pro UHC, Pro financial aid, and anything that makes children's lives better. I am also eco-friendly.

IC- The Federation of Keshiland stands for freedom and local governance. Requirements for state hood. A territory atleast 1,000 KL and a population of atleast 100k. Our Constitution keeps us free and can only be changed with a 3/4ths ratification of the states.

State count 135

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:29 am

Keshiland wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"What possible benefit is there in allowing an international ban on guns? How does C.D.S.P. firearms ownership possibly impact Keshiland?"

"It visiously removed my totaal gun ban on my people and now mass killing is happening left and right" Yells Sackeshi!

"You can still ban guns in your nation, ambassador. Just not in other nations."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:51 am

Keshiland wrote:General Assembly Resolution #399 “Responsibility in Transferring Arms” (Category: Global Disarmament; Strength: Mild) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

WA
I hear by ask to repeal Responsibility In Transferring Arms.

OOC: Branding violation.

Noting- that this legislation protects the citizens and residents of the WA nations from a total gun ban.

Thus- It is a draconian piece of legislation.

"Draconian - adjective. Excessively harsh and severe, as of laws. Ambassador, you can't just make words mean what you want. A blocker that prevents the WA from enacting a total ban on anything cannot be 'draconian,' by definition."

Consequences- This will end up causing the deaths of millions or billions across the WA nations since nations will have to maneuver around restrictions in keeping their own safe.

"Even if this were true - which I doubt - those lives would be vastly outweighed by the number of lives saved elsewhere because conquerors, tyrants, and warlords can't buy weapons from WA member states."

EDIT: OOC: Since nothing prevents nations from individually carrying out whatever firearms laws they want (subject to future WA legislation on the specified topics), this is also an Honest Mistake.

Fixing- By repealing this legislation the nations will be safer and problem solved.

"Bullsh... uh, Baloney."

Replacement

World Assembly,

Acknowledging that some nations have a gun culture.

Act one- Regulation
I- All gun owners must register their guns to an international list.
II- The year, make, and model of the gun must be registered
III- The type of ammunition must be registered.

Act two- Confiscation
I- All gun owners that are not part of the army will have 1 month to turn in said guns.
II- The law enforcement will be given the right after the 1 month period is up to stop citizens and residents indiscriminately to check for guns.
III- All citizens found with a gun shall be punished with no less than 5 years incarcerated.

Act three- Bans
I- A full and complete ammunition ban will take place immediately.
II- A full and complete ban on automatic guns will take place immediately.
III- A full and complete ban on semi automatic guns will take place immediately.

Act four- Exceptions

The WA nations are required to enforce this law.

OOC: Either you need to make a separate thread for this separate resolution, or else you're legislating in a repeal, which is illegal.
Last edited by Sierra Lyricalia on Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:52 am

• 11 minutes ago: The Democratic Republic of Keshiland submitted a proposal to the General Assembly Repeals Board entitled "Repeal "Responsibility in Transferring Arms"".
• 12 minutes ago: The Democratic Republic of Keshiland withdrew a proposal from the WA General Assembly titled "Repeal "Responsibility in Transferring Arms"".
• 23 minutes ago: The Democratic Republic of Keshiland submitted a proposal to the General Assembly Repeals Board entitled "Repeal "Responsibility in Transferring Arms"".
• 23 minutes ago: The Democratic Republic of Keshiland withdrew a proposal from the WA General Assembly titled "Repeal "Responsibility in Transferring Arms"".
• 24 minutes ago: The Democratic Republic of Keshiland submitted a proposal to the General Assembly Repeals Board entitled "Repeal "Responsibility in Transferring Arms"".

Keshiland, please draft your proposals here for long enough to receive expert opinion on their legality: Do NOT just submit version after version in quick sucession in the hope that one of them will get through.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Tinfect Diplomatic Enclave
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tinfect Diplomatic Enclave » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:42 am

Keshiland wrote:Noting- that this legislation protects the citizens and residents of the WA nations from a total gun ban.

Feren enters the chamber, again, entirely alone. "It does many things, some of which are legitimate grounds for repeal. This is neither."

Keshiland wrote:Thus- It is a draconian piece of legislation.

"One can hardly consider the regulation of international arms transfers draconian on the grounds that it allows Member-States to make their own decisions on the subject of national firearm policy."

Keshiland wrote:Consequences- This will end up causing the deaths of millions or billions across the WA nations since nations will have to maneuver around restrictions in keeping their own safe.

"The exemption to the limitation of arms transfers can be quite broadly interpreted; and the regulations on the transfer itself are rather common-sense. In fact, besides a rather questionable clause that restricts high-risk transfers, the resolution is, despite the former stance of the Imperium on it, quite acceptable."

Keshiland wrote:Fixing- By repealing this legislation the nations will be safer and problem solved.

"That is not a reasonable assumption to make."

Keshiland wrote:Replacement

"Is... is this a second draft, Ambassador? I must say, I feel rather deceived, I was not prepared to debate two drafts. Unless you intend to place this within the repeal, at which point I must remind you that such is entirely illegal."

Keshiland wrote:Acknowledging that some nations have a gun culture.

"Hopefully one that does not involve random citizens waving them about in public spaces."

Keshiland wrote:All gun owners must register their guns to an international list.

"Do you intend to define 'gun owners', or do you intend to require Member-States that maintain Militaries to register themselves to the World Assembly?"

Keshiland wrote:The year, make, and model of the gun must be registered

"Is that year of production, development, service, sale? And I must note that Member-States will maintain quite large stocks of weapons on themselves. Member-States which engage in heavy production of Firearms would be in quite the large amount of paperwork. While Civil Oversight keeps staff on hand to deal with such bureaucracy, registering each individual firearm in a total that numbers in the billions, is not exactly practical."

Keshiland wrote:The type of ammunition must be registered.

"Which may not be quite so descriptive as you believe for more advanced weaponry. And I will note that the Imperium has no intention of handing hostile forces exact weapon specifications, such would be quite an extreme breach of Imperial Information Security, and would undoubtedly constitute a substantial threat to the safety and security of the Imperium and it's Citizens."

Keshiland wrote:All gun owners that are not part of the army will have 1 month to turn in said guns.

" 'the army', Ambassador? You are aware that the term refers to ground forces, yes? Naval, or Aircraft forces would be required to turn in their armaments to another branch of the Military. As would Law-Enforcement, for that matter, where it is distinct from 'the army'. "

Keshiland wrote:The law enforcement will be given the right after the 1 month period is up to stop citizens and residents indiscriminately to check for guns.

"Ambassador, I do not believe the word 'indiscriminately' means what you think it does. Random, unauthorized checks on Citizens to see whether or not they're hiding firearms is something of an abuse of power."

Keshiland wrote:All citizens found with a gun shall be punished with no less than 5 years incarcerated.

"This again, does not exempt members of Military and Law Enforcement, or those otherwise authorized by the State to carry firearms. I do not believe the Imperium would be successful in ordering the arrest of the entirety of its Military and Law-Enforcement."

Keshiland wrote:A full and complete ammunition ban will take place immediately.

"So Military Forces are allowed to maintain weapons, but not ammunition? That's... somewhat absurd."

Keshiland wrote:A full and complete ban on automatic guns will take place immediately.

"Or they cannot maintain weapons? Make up your mind, Ambassador."

Keshiland wrote:I- All military personnel shall be exempt from this law.

"That is in complete contravention of literally everything else in the resolution. If you only intend to prohibit civilian ownership, write a draft that does that, don't write one that maniacally hops from position-to-position only to take a stand at the very end.

In any case, I do not believe the Imperium will be supporting... either of these."
Obvious puppet of Tinfect.
Official holdings are a 1x1 atom space within orbit of New Harron, Imperial Interior Territories.
Raslin Seretis, Imperial Diplomatic Envoy, Male
Tolarn Feren, Civil Oversight Representative, Male
Jasot Rehlan, Military Oversight Representative, Female

Imperium Central News Network: Fourth Fleet assets mobilized to Exterior Territories | Military Oversight opens full recruitment | Civil Oversight authorizes update of Internal Security Locust units |  Indomitable Bastard #283

Nation stats have no power here!

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:06 am

Iksana sighs. "Ambassador Sackeshi, you are free to ban guns in your own nation. If you try to ban them in mine, I believe you'll find your proposal completely unenforceable. For one, my nation does not have prisons capable of long-term confinement. We just don't have the economy necessary to feed and house nonworking criminals. A few days until trial, yes. Five years, no."

"Secondly, you've just banned guns from the law enforcement that are supposedly going to enforce this for you. I suspect ever so slightly that they may be a bit unsympathic to any attempts by the WA, or, I suspect, your nation alone, to making their jobs that much harder."

"Thirdly, we don't have a military. We have a series of local militias. Rest assured that exactly zero people in Essu Beti will comply with your attempt to render my nation completely helpless against invasion."

"Fourth, I'm playing the "my people were massacred" card because it's been a while since I last trotted it out. My people were denied weapons in the old country. And then we were murdered, not just by kasidutim* but by ordinary citizens wielding blades and fire. We couldn't defend ourselves against them. We will not go unarmed again."

((*South Tenahuarian military police))
Trust Factbooks, not stats.

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He’s irritable and a damn troll and everything he says is IC only. I would never be so tactless OOC.

National News Radio: A large-scale infrastructure project will soon be underway. During this time, for safety reasons, the island will be closed to tourists and foreign news agents. We do expect a minor loss in revenue due to this, but this will be greatly offset by both the long and short-term benefits of the infrastructure project. If your job is negatively impacted by the island closure, please send a letter or verbal message via courier to the Council so that we can add you to the list of beneficiaries of foreign aid.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:41 pm

As the person who repealed RAT II, opposed. I don't think any of the arguments used here are convincing. Then again, there isn't much of an argument used here at all – a certain generosity of spirit need be applied when argumentation is eschewed for unsubstantiated assertion.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Our opinion on this latest nonsense from Keshiland.

The Repeal: simplistic and idiotic does not make for a good repeal effort.

The Replacement: laughable twaddle.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

The Sheika
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Sheika » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:32 pm

Ambassador Sakeshi, before I say anything about your submitted proposal, what happened to posting a draft here to get feedback before submitting? It's a waste of time to submit it only to withdraw it and submit it over and over again. That said, we get it, you don't like firearms. It's a shame, but that's how you feel about it. What happens in Keshiland in regards to firearms is not my problem, but when an ambassador from Keshiland wants to mettle with firearm ownership in other nations, that is a problem.

Doubly so with how invasive you want this to be. Granting law enforcement to, as you put it, indiscriminately check for guns. So if Johnny Law felt inclined to stop Jane Q. Taxpayer for no other reason other than "he felt like it" is okay with you? If there was probable cause, I would almost be alright with it...but almost is still quite a long shot from being acceptable.

And no less than five years of incarceration for having a firearm? Hey, if you want to run a tin pot dictatorship, you can feel free to keep it within your borders. No less than five years? Do you even have any idea how much changes in five years? Do you even understand how many lives you would destroy just because you hate firearms? And spare me the whole "If they break the law, they deserve to be punished!" shtick. If you must have a ban, which I doubt you will gain enough support, let the punishment fit the crime.

No support from the Militaristic Federation of the Sheika.
Colonel Johnathan "Jack" Austin, Ambassador to the World Assembly
Department of International Affairs
Militaristic Federation of the Sheika
Regional Delegate of Absolution

Damukuni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Damukuni » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:58 am

So in spite of all the rules this thing *has* to violate, Ambassador... let me just pass you this sheet, with a few words from your proposal replaced with something else, and please explain to me how your legislation differs in principle from what you have proposed.

Respectfully yours,

Sorihito Tsunekawa
Ambassador to the World Assembly
The United States of Damukuni

World Assembly,

Acknowledging that some nations have a football culture.

Act one- Regulation
I- All football owners must register their footballs to an international list.
II- The year, make, and model of the football must be registered
III- The type of football spikes must be registered.

Act two- Confiscation
I- All football owners that are not part of the Football League Championship Series* will have 1 month to turn in said footballs.
II- The law enforcement will be given the right after the 1 month period is up to stop citizens and residents indiscriminately to check for footballs.
III- All citizens found with a football shall be punished with no less than 5 years of being red-carded every time they walk onto a pitch.

Act three- Bans
I- A full and complete football spikes ban will take place immediately.
II- A full and complete ban on football matches will take place immediately.
III- A full and complete ban on football kits, including replicas, will take place immediately.
IV- A full and complete ban on corner flags will take place immediately.
V- A full and complete ban on goal nets will take place immediately.
VI- A full and complete ban on football stadiums will take place immediately.

*OOC: Damukuni's domestic football/soccer league.
THE UNITED INTERPLANETARY STATES OF DAMUKUNI
Cap: Atarashii-Damushuto | Pop: 356,709,481 (2070) | Lang: English, Damukunian | Money: Damuokane (Ð)
Former Leader of Esportiva | Damukuni on NSSWiki
CoH 69 4th Place | CoH 75 Runners-up

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:44 pm

Keshiland wrote:Act four- Exceptions

"Well this is absolutely bullshit." Eve curtly said. "And besides we found a major loophole in this bill. Almost every Thermodolian is required to preform military service and since we still considered them to be military members even whenever they have been out of the military for a while they can still own guns due to your loophole. Thank you for letting our entire nation be exempt."
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly