NATION

PASSWORD

The New Millennium: 2000 AD RP (OOC, Sign-Up, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Argentarino
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

The New Millennium: 2000 AD RP (OOC, Sign-Up, OPEN)

Postby Argentarino » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:29 pm

A New Millennium: 2000 AD RP

The date is January 1st, 2000 AD, and despite all of the fears surrounding Y2K, despite two world wars and a nuclear standoff between the United States and the Soviet Union, despite innumerable plagues and natural catastrophes, the world remains standing. But the world remains fraught with tension. In the Middle East, decades of proxy wars and covert operations have led to political and economic situations that leave the region tenuously unstable: a single spark could reignite tensions between the various factions within the region, even as the specter of the Gulf War remains in the memories of its survivors and belligerents. In Europe, the fall of the Iron Curtain has given the Europeans a chance to expand their European Union, though economic and political difficulties remain, especially in Eastern Europe, where the yoke of the Soviet Union was most strongly felt. In the former Soviet Bloc, the new republics are all struggling with how to deal with the changes thrust upon them, and even the once mighty Russian Republic is struggling with its new reality, now that Boris Yeltsin has resigned in favor of political upstart Vladimir Putin. In Asia, emboldened by the collapse of the Soviet Union, new powers will begin to emerge in India, China, Japan, and perhaps elsewhere, though even these powers have their fair share of troubles facing them. In North America, the United States of America will decide whether to embrace the mantle of leader of the free world, to act as the sole hegemonic authority in light of the end of the Cold War...or whether it will try a different path to influence the world. And throughout Latin America, the dictators that had been formerly propped up during the Cold War are either deposed or forced to come face to face with their decisions, now that they lack the protection of the United States. And under the surface of it all, the rise of nonstate actors, namely terrorist groups throughout the world with varying ideologies, believe that it is their time to leave their mark on the world, and their actions have the potential to destabilize the world. Only time will tell how the world will proceed, how governments around the world will react and stand the test of time and adversity, or whether the world as we know it will even exist when the new millennia comes around...

Hello, everyone! I am Argentarino (you may call me Arg), one of the two Co-OPs of this RP (the other is Vaquas), and we decided to put this one together out of our mutual love of political RPs. In The New Millennium, you will roleplay as the government of a nation or terrorist/rebel group of your choice.This does not mean that you will control the nation as a whole, and your actions will be weighed and measured by myself and Vaquas to determine what effects they will cause. Never forget that every action has a consequence: if you raise taxes, you may be able to afford those infrastructure projects you want your government to undertake, at the risk of your governing political party (or parties) losing some popularity when the next election comes around; a decision to liberalize your autocratic nation might earn you favor with your people, but perhaps the generals and elites who depend on the status quo might decide that your reforms are too much for them to stomach; and making peace with one country might lead to animosity with another.

One other thing to keep in mind is this: everything prior to January 1st, 2000 is canon and cannot be changed. For example, in my case, Boris Yeltsin resigned the presidency on December 31st, 1999 in favor of Vladimir Putin. This means that I cannot go back and have Yeltsin rule, or have him resign in favor of someone else. Nor can I pretend that the Cold War didn't happen. Furthermore, we aim to keep this RP as realistic as possible. That means that Israel and the Palestinian Authority can continue the peace process, but don't expect to solve every issue overnight, nor that you can trust - or be trusted - by the diplomats sitting in front of you. This also means that war cannot be waged at whim. For democratic nations, you probably have a process concerning war, war powers, and military operations. And even for those militarized, autocratic or totalitarian regimes, you can't expect to mobilize 10,000 soldiers and armor within a day, or to surprise blitzkrieg your neighbors without being found out or suffering any consequences. There are a number of reasons why wars were limited in the early 21st century, one of which included the United Nations and international relations. Wars are costly, and by this time, globalization has begun in earnest, so wars between nations run the risk of disrupting regional economics, so you may earn the ire of a great many of your neighbors who would have preferred that you negotiated your way out of conflict. Nonetheless, we realize that, this being NS, war will probably be inevitable. Should you decide that France should teach those damned Swiss (kidding, sorry Switzerland) a lesson, you need to TG me and Vaquas and give us a run down of your plan, your rationale behind the war, how you plan to convince your people to go along with it, etc. Now, we don't expect you to be experts in military strategies or operations, but try to do a little reading - at the very least - on Wikipedia before you decide to get down and dirty. Also, expect Vaquas and I to submit random events and to take hold of NPCs should we determine that they are necessary.

Here I am rambling on. Please review the rules and the applications, and of course, feel free to ask us any questions and to have fun. Thanks for RPing with us!

Ye Olde Rules of RP
1. Vaquas and I are the proud OPs of this RP, and our rulings tend to be final. If you feel like our rulings aren't correct, TG the both of us and let us know why. But if we put our foot down, you have to accept it and just move on. Its just a roleplay, not the end of the world if you don't get your way with us.
2. Prepare to suffer defeats. You might get outwitted by another player, your armies might get crushed by my fabulous fist of glory (or a landslide, or something), or the character you've invested so much in might be defeated in an election or overthrown in a coup. We get it, it sucks. But please, for the love of all that is holy,
don't whine about it. If you have a reasonable argument as to why you shouldn't have been swamped by those invading armies, lay it out in the OOC, and be rational and give us facts. Don't just say "I worked so hard on this!" We all do, it happens.
3. Please understand who you are RPing as. If you RP as Saudi Arabia, you're not going to start as an autocratic monarchy backed by an extreme sect of Sunni Islam one minute and then metamorphose into a multiparty democracy with a ruling social democratic party led by a gay man with a transgender deputy. I mean, as much as I'd LOVE to see that happen IRL, its most likely not going to happen. Be realistic. You can play with a few things, for sure, but don't get too crazy. If you do, Vaquas will nail your gizzards to the mast, you poor souls. Or more likely we will give you a warning.
4. Speaking of warnings, we will give you three warnings before you are either put on probation or removed from the RP. You can get a warning for violating the typical NS RP rules (such as flamming, flamebaiting, metagaming, etc.), as well as for not producing posts of good quality (by this, we mean more than one paragraph or five sentences - there's a lot you can do in a single post!), being too unrealistic too many times, or violating any further rules.
5. We understand that things might get heated, and IC issues might spread into the OOC. If that happens, I recommend you take a break, sit back, watch a nature video or listen to a soundtrack consisting of waves gently crashing against the shore. But please please please keep the OOC civil. We're all here for a good time, and the minute one of us starts acting like a *censored*, then it doesn't become fun for anyone. Vaquas and I will keep an eye out for this, and we'll mediate where we can, but as I said, please be civil.

Okay, that's it for the rules (unless Vaquas and I arbitrarily decide that we will give you more rules to follow - abandon all hope, ye who enter here). Here are the applications. We will also have a roster and try to keep that up to date as well. If we are missing you on the roster, please give us a shout and we'll add you on when we can. Please remember we have lives outside of NS and may not be quick responding to you, but we thank you for your patience all the same. Remember, the point of departure is January 1st, 2000, so your history up this point has to match the historical timeline. Furthermore, this means that any individual or government or country that doesn't exist before January 1st, 2000 (case in point: South Sudan) doesn't exist. If you RP as Brazil and don't like RPing as some of these RL people, then you can certainly try to replace them with a fictional character, but we will need good rationale (and self-sabotage doesn't look good).

Nation Application

Code: Select all
[box][b]Nation Name:[/b] (Formal name only)
    [b]Head of State:[/b]
    [b]Head of Government[/b]

[b]Government Form:[/b]
    [b]Ideology:[/b] (Political)
    [b]Foreign Policy:[/b] (How does your nation see the world? What is its stance or position on issues outside its country?)
    [b]Civil Freedoms /10:[/b]
    [b]Political Freedoms /10:[/b]
    [b]Economic Freedoms /10:[/b]

[b]Military Size:[/b] (Active/Reserve)
    [b]Military Description:[/b] (Quality of the equipment and soldiers, their experience and your nations main suppliers)
    [b]Organizations:[/b] (If your country Supports certain Political and/or Military Organizations and you want to RP as them as well, write them down here, Please list it as followed: Name/amount of Members/Main Nation(s) of Operation/Militia or Political)

[b]Description of Your Nation's Economy:[/b]
    [b]Description of Your Nation's Government:[/b]
    [b]Goals for the Nation:[/b] (State short and long term goals)
    [b]RP Sample:[/b] (This can be a sample post or a link to an RP you've participated in)[/box]
#666 don't remove

Rebel Group/Terrorist Group Application

Code: Select all
[box]
 Name of your Rebel Group:
 Country that you are rebelling in:
 Base of Operations:
 Number of Followers/Members:
 Why you are rebelling:
 Popular support:
 Quality of Weapons, from 1 to 10:
 Suppliers:
 RP sample:
 #777[/box]

IC Thread
Last edited by Argentarino on Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Senator Sushila Fonseca
Red - Green Alliance, Fighting for your Fernão!

Argentarino
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Roster

Argentarino (Co-OP): Russian Federation
Vaquas (Co-OP): United States of America
Hashkin: United Kingdom (RESERVED)
Dentali: People's Republic of China
Cascadia 3: France (RESERVED)
Hothnia: Poland (RESERVED)
Velahor: Iraq
The Portland Territory: Germany
Princess Kenny: Canada
Alozia: Switzerland
Greater Slavic Union: Ukraine (RESERVED)
The Confederacy of American-States: Israel (RESERVED)
Waldriech: Iraqi Kurdistan (RESERVED)
Last edited by Argentarino on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:14 am, edited 13 times in total.
Senator Sushila Fonseca

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Nation Name: The United States of America
Head of State: President William "Bill" Clinton
Head of Government: President William "Bill" Clinton

Government Form: Constitutional Federal Republic
Ideology: Democratic (Third Way Politics)
Foreign Policy: Interventionist
Civil Freedoms /10: 8
Political Freedoms /10: 10
Economic Freedoms /10: 9

Military Size: 1,373,650 / 990,025
Military Description: In simple terms, the U.S. Armed Forces are made up of the five armed service branches: Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy. There are three general categories of military people: active duty (full-time soldiers and sailors), reserve & guard forces (usually work a civilian job, but can be called to full-time military duty), and veterans and retirees (past members of the military).The United States constitutes roughly 40 percent of the world's military expenditures.The United States is the world's largest exporter of major arms, accounting for 31 percent of global shares. The United States is also the world's eighth largest importer of major weapons for the same period. The U.S. military has significant capabilities in both defense and power projection due to its large budget, resulting in advanced and powerful equipment, and its widespread deployment of force around the world, including about 800 military bases in foreign locations. Added to this, the largest air force in the world is the U.S. Air Force. Moreover, the world’s second largest air force is the U.S. Navy and the Marine Corps combined.

Organizations: (N/A)

Description of Your Nation's Economy: The economy of the United States is the world's largest national economy in nominal terms and second largest according to purchasing power parity (PPP). The U.S. dollar is the currency most used in international transactions and is the world's foremost reserve currency, backed by its science and technology, its military, the full faith of the US government to reimburse its debts, its central role in a range of international institutions since World War II and the petrodollar system. Several countries use it as their official currency, and in many others it is the de facto currency. The United States has a mixed economy and has maintained a stable overall GDP growth rate, a moderate unemployment rate, and high levels of research and capital investment. Its largest trading partners are China, Canada, Mexico, Japan, Germany, South Korea, United Kingdom, France, India and Taiwan. The US has abundant natural resources, a well-developed infrastructure, and high productivity.It has been the world's largest national economy (not including colonial empires) since the 1890s.
The U.S. is the world's third largest producer of oil and natural gas. It is currently the largest trading nation in the world as well as the world's second largest manufacturer, representing a fifth of the global manufacturing output. The US not only has the largest internal market for goods, but also dominates the trade in services. Of the world's 500 largest companies, 134 are headquartered in the US.

Description of Your Nation's Government: The United States government is based on the principles of federalism and republicanism, in which power is shared between the federal government and state governments. Since the Civil War however, the powers of the federal government have generally expanded greatly, although there have been periods since that time of legislative branch dominance or when states' rights proponents have succeeded in limiting federal power through legislative action, executive prerogative or by constitutional interpretation by the courts.
One of the pillars of the United States Constitution is the idea of "checks and balances" among the powers and responsibilities of the three branches of American government: the executive, the legislative and the judiciary. For example, while the Congress has the power to create law, the President can veto any legislation—an act which, in turn, can be overridden by Congress. The President nominates judges to the nation's Supreme Court, but those nominees must be approved by Congress. The Supreme Court, in its turn, has the power to invalidate as "unconstitutional" any law passed by the Congress.

Goals for the Nation:
Short Term: Finish out the Lame Duck Year of the Clinton Presidency. Get on with the Presidential Election. Capture Osama Bin Laden. (Subject to change with upcoming Administrations.)

Long Term: Maintain the World Order (Subject to change with upcoming Administrations)

RP Sample:
The Speech

Claudia Elizabeth Patton had not shown up for the entirety of the third day of the DUC. Not appearing in public since disappearing into a black limousine at the end of day two, her absence from the stage and the conference had raised questions, questions that would soon be answered. When the same limousine pulled into the front of the Venue just minutes before her scheduled speaking time, the press took notice, and as she emerged, Cameras began flashing left and right. As she entered, right at the end of Secretary Wright's speech, the gaze of most in the audience turned to her, and as her name was announced, she calmly made her way over to the stairs on the side of the stage.

Governor Patton took to said stage in a beautiful blue dress, the most expensive expensive item in her wardrobe, and stood behind the microphone at the DUC. This was the moment that she'd been looking forward to since the first day in conference room. This is the moment that was needed if the party was ever to pull its head out of the collective ass of incompetence and corruption. She began to speak, and she did so forcefully.

"I voted for Calvin Reed."

That alone caught the attention of anyone who was not necessarily paying attention already.

"I voted for Calvin Reed, because this party's establishment, headed by Machine Politicians and Corrupt Businesspeople, selected Robert Danders, behind closed doors, as the nominee for President of the United States. I voted for Calvin Reed because over, and over, and over again, people in this room have degraded what it means to be a Democrat, and have filled the party's platform with asinine planks that cater not to the majority of Americans, not to the working man, not to the stay-at-home mom or construction worker, but to a select few, many of whom have ironically splintered away and formed the Progressive Party due to the realization that this one is dying. I cast my vote for Calvin Reed, as a way to fight back against those who have led an assault on the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States in the name of progress. I cast my vote for the President Elect of the United States because transparency and honesty in Government has never been so important, and because Robert Danders fought hard against them. "

She paused, people listening awestruck.

"And if what I saw in that Room two days ago festers until 2020, I won't hesitate to do so again."

She paused again.

"This party is dying. Many would love to tell you otherwise but they'd be lying to you. This party is dying, and it's dying for a reason. It's dying because many of the elected officials who claim membership in it have strangled and contorted it's principles beyond measure. The average steelworker in Pennsylvania does not want to legalize incest Representative O'Leary. The policeman in Baltimore realizes the obvious fact that criminals aren't going to adhere to mandatory safety checks Representative Smith. And the Retiree living in New Hampshire or Maine is smart enough to realize that the incoming Administration is not going to yank all of them off of their healthcare coverage, a myth that many who preceded me on this stage have peddled in an effort to fearmonger. The American people in general are sick of a party that thinks they're too stupid to see through a thinly constructed façade that blind progress is the only way to go, and they're right to be sick, because it's disgusting!" Patton pounded her fist in a relatively controlled manner on the podium as she finished the sentence.

"The former chairwoman of this convention attempted to halt the excommunication of Albert Winston from the Democratic Party. Is that not a statement in itself? Her fellow cronies quickly jumped in to slam her, seeing it as the expedient thing to do in the face of public outcry against the man who became the first to be removed from the office of President of the United States via conviction. They washed their hands of the man, and their progressive hero who "saved" the US in 2008 amounted to chopped liver, not because of his crimes against the United States, but because being associated with him amounted to political suicide, and because he signed legislation that many of their own constituents agree with."

"I have heard over and over from people who have taken to this stage that this is no longer the party of John Fitzgerald Kennedy. It's true. Because the leaders of the New Democratic Party cut that party's throat and watched it bleed to death in the name of moving forward. How incredibly revealing is it that the man who successfully handled the Cuban Missile Crisis, who protected domestic laborers from exploitation, who stood against communism and for Civil Rights, has been cast aside by this new corrupt party establishment? We cannot accept the ever rising ambivalence of this "New Democratic Party" towards the working man and woman, towards the disaffected people of our great country who were promised change for the better, only to be handed change for the worse. We will not accept the willful ignorance of the issues affecting men and women across the nation, Tax Reform, Infrastructure, Child Care, in favor of pet projects and airtime. Not if we want to survive. Not if we want to preserve what it means to be a True Democrat."

She received some applause, and delivered the next few lines in a strong and captivating tone.

"If the core foundations of the Democratic party, Freedom from Tyranny, Freedom of Choice, and above all, Freedom of Thought, do not prevail in this time of great uncertainty, then we are lost, and we will crumble. In the words of my Grandfather, General George S. Patton: "If everyone is thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking!"

Applause ripped through the stadium while others booed or stayed silent.

"When we leave this convention, we must reassess what it means to be a Democrat. Is it to have a blue D next to your name? Is it to clumsily stumble onwards, attempting to reconcile a blind leap forward with the wishes of the people who elected us? Or is it to value what made our party great always? To value the pursuit of liberty and justice for not just the most destitute citizens of our nation, but for all? It's a question that must, can, and will be answered soon. I can only hope and pray that the correct answer is given. Thank you, and God Bless the United States of America."
Last edited by Vaquas on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Former Republican. Liberal Internationalist. Pick your battles.

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Argentarino
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:15 pm

Nation Name: The Russian Federation (RU: Российская Федерация)
Head of State: Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin (Acting President)
Head of Government Undetermined due to sudden resignation of President Boris Yeltsin

Government Form: Federal semi-presidential constitutional republic
Ideology: No official ideology due to the turmoil surrounding the transition from the Soviet Union and the Russian struggles with democracy. In this point of Russian politics, everything is up in the air.
Foreign Policy: Ever since the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russia has been viewed as a shadow of her former self...and Russians are all too aware of this. While no one knows how the Acting President (a relative newcomer in politics) will have Russia engage with the new world, the Russian government, no matter who wins in the upcoming elections, will want to restore Russia to the world stage, and this might be done either through interacting with the European Union, forming a regional bloc with the former Soviet republics, or perhaps even aligning with China.
Civil Freedoms /10: 6/10
Political Freedoms /10: 6/10
Economic Freedoms /10: 7/10

Military Size: Approximately 1,000,000 active military personnel and approximately 2,500,000 in the reserves
Military Description: Even before the collapse of the Soviet Union, the Armed Forces had struggled to make ends meet. With the collapse of the Soviet Union and the Yeltsin government's difficulty in handling the new reality of the radically free market economy, things were made worse for the Russian Armed Forces. As of now, the only thing that keeps the Russian Armed Forces in the minds of analysts is the nuclear arsenal that, along with that of the US, could destroy the world numerous times over. The Russian Armed Forces are primarily equipped with Kalashnikovs and other Russian based armaments, armor, planes, and vessels. The Armed Forces are organized into the Russian Ground Forces, the Russian Aerospace Forces, the Russian Navy, the Strategic Missile Troops, and the Russian Airborne Troops.
Organizations: N/A

Description of Your Nation's Economy: Nominally a mixed market economy, though it is currently struggling to recover from the free range economic practices initiated by the Gorbachev and Yeltsin administrations, which have left large portions of the Russian economy and industries in the hands of a few oligarchs.
Description of Your Nation's Government: Up to last night, the President of Russia was Boris Yeltsin, and his Prime Minister was Vladimir Putin. After the 1993 constitutional crisis, which saw the Supreme Soviet parliament go head to head with President Yeltsin after he unconstitutionally dissolved the legislature, power has been restructured into the hands of the Presidency, with the powers of the Russian Federal Assembly (Parliament) being curtailed, though the President cannot wield power on his own. Since Boris Yeltsin resigned on December 31st, 1999, power was unexpectedly handed over to the Acting President, Vladimir Putin. It should be noted that he is a newcomer in politics, but he has a background in the KGB and the St. Petersburg government, and it is rumored that he has had nefarious connections with the oligarchs who now style themselves as "robber barons". Elections for the Presidency and the Federal Assembly were slated to take place in June 2000, they will now take place in March 2000, with the new date triggered by the sudden resignation of Boris Yeltsin.
Goals for the Nation:
Short-Term: Transition to a new government, restore stability within the Russian Federation
Long-Term: Tackle corruption, restore the Armed Forces, restore the economy, establish the Russian Federation as a rising power in the world stage
RP Sample: I'm an OP and I've done so much typing, so nah, not today Satan.

#666 don't remove
Senator Sushila Fonseca

Hashkin
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hashkin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Taggy waggy

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Why would would India need an aircraft carrier? India is an aircraft carrier.
economic left/right 0.88
social libertarian/authoritarian -1.74
DEFCON:
1 - Nuclear War
2 - Major/World War
3 - Hashkinian Forces Deployed
4 - Tension Risen <--
5 - Peacetime

CHNN Minute-by-Minute Report

Geologist team and Sec. Foreign Affairs Michael Dewey, who were sent to Greater Goverwal, are reported missing. Searches are being conducted.

Chancellor Bakker landmark bill facing backlash from Egaltarian Party. "It's a travesty, this bill will hurt thousands"- House Majortity Leader Finn Randall.

I side with results

Hashkin
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hashkin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Reserve UK

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Why would would India need an aircraft carrier? India is an aircraft carrier.
economic left/right 0.88
social libertarian/authoritarian -1.74
DEFCON:
1 - Nuclear War
2 - Major/World War
3 - Hashkinian Forces Deployed
4 - Tension Risen <--
5 - Peacetime

CHNN Minute-by-Minute Report

Geologist team and Sec. Foreign Affairs Michael Dewey, who were sent to Greater Goverwal, are reported missing. Searches are being conducted.

Chancellor Bakker landmark bill facing backlash from Egaltarian Party. "It's a travesty, this bill will hurt thousands"- House Majortity Leader Finn Randall.

I side with results

Argentarino
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Hashkin wrote:Reserve UK

You got it. Please try to put an app up in the next 24 hours :)
Senator Sushila Fonseca

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:56 am

Tag reserve China, PS always wanted to play USA in one of these. Will be moving China to a democratic free market system over time
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Argentarino
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:05 am

Dentali wrote:Tag reserve China, PS always wanted to play USA in one of these. Will be moving China to a democratic free market system over time

I've got my eye on you *plots destructive random events to force China to remain as it is* :P

Welcome!
Senator Sushila Fonseca

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:03 am

Nation Name: (Formal name only)
Head of State:
• Party General Secretary – Jiang Zemin
• President – Jiang Zemin
• Premier – Zhu Rongji
• Congress Chairman – Li Peng
• Conference Chairman – Li Ruihuan

Head of Government

Government Form: semi-presidential socialist republic

Ideology: (Political) Reformed Maoism
Foreign Policy: (How does your nation see the world? What is its stance or position on issues outside its country?) Corrupt and modernizing Communist power, massive potential economic titan, threatening imperialist nation, the world revolves around china, the middle kingdom will reign supreme
Civil Freedoms /10: 3
Political Freedoms /10: 3
Economic Freedoms /10: 4

Military Size: (Active/Reserve) 8%-9% of GDP, In 2000, the total estimated personnel strength of the Chinese military is 2.5 million, of which 1.8 million are in service with the PLA (ground forces). The ground forces are divided into 7 military regions with 27 military districts. Within the 7 military regions lie 21 Group Armies, each containing about 60,000 personnel. The Group Armies contain among them 44 infantry divisions, 13 infantry brigades, 10 armored divisions, 12 armored brigades, 5 artillery divisions, 20 artillery brigades, and 7 helicopter regiments. In addition, 5 infantry divisions, 2 infantry brigades, 1 armored brigade, 1 artillery division, 3 artillery brigades, and 3 anti-aircraft artillery (AAA) brigades are independent elements of the PLA not assigned to any specific Group Army. There are also three airborne divisions, which are manned by the PLAAF.

There are also numerous reserve and paramilitary units, some of which do not fall under the direct control of the PLA. The PLA reserve component has about 1.2 million personnel divided into 50 infantry, artillery, and air-defense divisions. In addition, approximately 1.1 million personnel serve in the People's Armed Police, which includes internal security and border defense forces under the control of the Ministry of Defense. The People's Armed Police is organized into 45 divisions. The reserve forces and the People's Armed Police are expected to increase in size in the near future as active units are shifted to reserve status under China's modernization and restructuring plan.

China's tank inventory has numbered around 10,000 for three decades.
The People's Liberation Army Air Force, PLAAF, currently possesses about 4,350 aircraft, of which the majority are combat aircraft.

Military Description: China maintains one of the largest militaries in the world, based on its inventory of major weapon systems. However, the bulk of China's holdings are old in both physical age and technology. Many weapon systems which came into service in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s remain in the inventory today; and all of those systems use 1950s-era technology originally imported from the Soviet Union. While China is modernizing its conventional forces, the new systems are entering are a low rate compared with the overall size of the older forces. As a result over the next decade, as the oldest weapon systems are fully retired, the size of China's conventional forces will shrink dramatically.

Chinese nuclear arsenal is about 400 warheads.

Description of Your Nation's Economy: China's socialist market economy is the world's second largest economy by nominal GDP, and the world's largest economy by purchasing power parity according to the IMF,

Description of Your Nation's Government: s a socialist state under the people's democratic dictatorship led by the working class and based on the alliance of workers and peasants

Goals for the Nation: (State short and long term goals)

China entered the year 2000 encumbered with a 19th-century ideology and a mid-20th-century industrial plant but was nevertheless determined to become one of the world’s leading powers in the 21st century. Modernization and economic domination

RP Sample: (This can be a sample post or a link to an RP you've participated in)

You know me

#666 don't remove
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Cascadia 3
Secretary

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cascadia 3 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:06 am

Reserve France

Argentarino
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:19 am

Dentali wrote:
Nation Name: (Formal name only)
Head of State:
• Party General Secretary – Jiang Zemin
• President – Jiang Zemin
• Premier – Zhu Rongji
• Congress Chairman – Li Peng
• Conference Chairman – Li Ruihuan

Head of Government

Government Form: semi-presidential socialist republic

Ideology: (Political) Reformed Maoism
Foreign Policy: (How does your nation see the world? What is its stance or position on issues outside its country?) Corrupt and modernizing Communist power, massive potential economic titan, threatening imperialist nation, the world revolves around china, the middle kingdom will reign supreme
Civil Freedoms /10: 3
Political Freedoms /10: 3
Economic Freedoms /10: 4

Military Size: (Active/Reserve) 8%-9% of GDP, In 2000, the total estimated personnel strength of the Chinese military is 2.5 million, of which 1.8 million are in service with the PLA (ground forces). The ground forces are divided into 7 military regions with 27 military districts. Within the 7 military regions lie 21 Group Armies, each containing about 60,000 personnel. The Group Armies contain among them 44 infantry divisions, 13 infantry brigades, 10 armored divisions, 12 armored brigades, 5 artillery divisions, 20 artillery brigades, and 7 helicopter regiments. In addition, 5 infantry divisions, 2 infantry brigades, 1 armored brigade, 1 artillery division, 3 artillery brigades, and 3 anti-aircraft artillery (AAA) brigades are independent elements of the PLA not assigned to any specific Group Army. There are also three airborne divisions, which are manned by the PLAAF.

There are also numerous reserve and paramilitary units, some of which do not fall under the direct control of the PLA. The PLA reserve component has about 1.2 million personnel divided into 50 infantry, artillery, and air-defense divisions. In addition, approximately 1.1 million personnel serve in the People's Armed Police, which includes internal security and border defense forces under the control of the Ministry of Defense. The People's Armed Police is organized into 45 divisions. The reserve forces and the People's Armed Police are expected to increase in size in the near future as active units are shifted to reserve status under China's modernization and restructuring plan.

China's tank inventory has numbered around 10,000 for three decades.
The People's Liberation Army Air Force, PLAAF, currently possesses about 4,350 aircraft, of which the majority are combat aircraft.

Military Description: China maintains one of the largest militaries in the world, based on its inventory of major weapon systems. However, the bulk of China's holdings are old in both physical age and technology. Many weapon systems which came into service in the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s remain in the inventory today; and all of those systems use 1950s-era technology originally imported from the Soviet Union. While China is modernizing its conventional forces, the new systems are entering are a low rate compared with the overall size of the older forces. As a result over the next decade, as the oldest weapon systems are fully retired, the size of China's conventional forces will shrink dramatically.

Chinese nuclear arsenal is about 400 warheads.

Description of Your Nation's Economy: China's socialist market economy is the world's second largest economy by nominal GDP, and the world's largest economy by purchasing power parity according to the IMF,

Description of Your Nation's Government: s a socialist state under the people's democratic dictatorship led by the working class and based on the alliance of workers and peasants

Goals for the Nation: (State short and long term goals)

China entered the year 2000 encumbered with a 19th-century ideology and a mid-20th-century industrial plant but was nevertheless determined to become one of the world’s leading powers in the 21st century. Modernization and economic domination

RP Sample: (This can be a sample post or a link to an RP you've participated in)

You know me

#666 don't remove

ACCEPTED

Cascadia 3 wrote:Reserve France

Consider it reserved! Please try to fill out an application within 24 hours.
Senator Sushila Fonseca

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:02 am

Reserve Poland.

Also, any required post length?

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:42 am

Reserve on Iraq
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Argentarino
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:49 am

I'll make make a note that Poland and Iraq are both reserved. Please put up your applications within 24 hours.

As for post length, I'd prefer to see 3 paragraphs, but if you're having trouble finding something to post about, I can be amenable to this. Vaquas on the other hand, I can't speak for him.
Senator Sushila Fonseca

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:53 am

Reserve Germany plz
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Argentarino
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:07 am

The Portland Territory wrote:Reserve Germany plz

Reserved for 24 hours. :)
Senator Sushila Fonseca

The Portland Territory
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Portland Territory » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Nation Name: Federal Republic of Germany
Head of State: Johannes Rau
Head of Government: Gerhard Schröder

Government Form: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Ideology: Social Democracy
Foreign Policy: Internationalist and in favor of the EU
Civil Freedoms: 7/10
Political Freedoms: 6/10
Economic Freedoms: 7/10

Military Size: 120,000 active; 30,000 reserve
Military Description: Equipment is very modern and advanced with the latest NATO technologies. Soldiers are well trained but real experience is low. Soldiers are trained at the age of 17 and go through extensive exercises to become great soldiers. Germany makes most of it's own weapons but other sources for equipment are the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Sweden, and Israel. There is no current mandatory conscription but drafts may be called upon by the Bundestag (Parliament) in times of war.
Organizations: Germany supports and is part of NATO, the EU, UN, and IMF

Description of Your Nation's Economy: Social Market economy, though with relatively high unemployment rates due to the German reunification between West and East Germany. The nation's infrastructure is large and expansive with dozens of large highways and train stations for easy transport across the nation. The areas of Western Germany are well maintained but much of the lands of East Germany are poorly maintained and crumbling. Inflation is increasing at 1.1% and it's economic capital is Berlin.
Description of Your Nation's Government: The German government is a federal, parliamentary republic which focuses on individual liberty, extensive civil rights, and checks and balances within the branches of government. The government is bicameral with the Bundesrat (upper house) and Bundestag (lower house). The Chancellor, whom is nominated by the President, has the powers of initiating government laws vested by Basic Law.
Goals for the Nation: Short goal- End the unemployment streak and bad infrastructure caused by East Germany
Long goal- Become a world economic superpower
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=417543

#666 don't remove
Korwin-Mikke 2020
Տխերք հավակեկ բոզերա. Կոոնել կոոնելով Արաչ ենկ երտոոմ մինչեվ Բակու

16 year old Monarchist from Rhode Island. Interested in economics, governance, metaphysical philosophy, European + Near Eastern history, vexillology, faith, hunting, automotive, ranching, science fiction, music, and anime.

Pro: Absolute Monarchy, Lex Rex, Subsidiarity, Guild Capitalism, Property Rights, Tridentine Catholicism, Unlimited Gun Rights, Hierarchy, Traditionalism, Ethnic Nationalism, Irredentism
Mixed: Fascism, Anarcho Capitalism, Donald Trump
Against: Democracy/ Democratic Republicanism, Egalitarianism, Direct Taxation, Cultural Marxism, Redistribution of Wealth

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:28 pm

The Portland Territory wrote:
Nation Name: Federal Republic of Germany
Head of State: Johannes Rau
Head of Government: Gerhard Schröder

Government Form: Federal Parliamentary Republic
Ideology: Social Democracy
Foreign Policy: Internationalist and in favor of the EU
Civil Freedoms: 7/10
Political Freedoms: 6/10
Economic Freedoms: 7/10

Military Size: 120,000 active; 30,000 reserve
Military Description: Equipment is very modern and advanced with the latest NATO technologies. Soldiers are well trained but real experience is low. Soldiers are trained at the age of 17 and go through extensive exercises to become great soldiers. Germany makes most of it's own weapons but other sources for equipment are the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Sweden, and Israel. There is no current mandatory conscription but drafts may be called upon by the Bundestag (Parliament) in times of war.
Organizations: Germany supports and is part of NATO, the EU, UN, and IMF

Description of Your Nation's Economy: Social Market economy, though with relatively high unemployment rates due to the German reunification between West and East Germany. The nation's infrastructure is large and expansive with dozens of large highways and train stations for easy transport across the nation. The areas of Western Germany are well maintained but much of the lands of East Germany are poorly maintained and crumbling. Inflation is increasing at 1.1% and it's economic capital is Berlin.
Description of Your Nation's Government: The German government is a federal, parliamentary republic which focuses on individual liberty, extensive civil rights, and checks and balances within the branches of government. The government is bicameral with the Bundesrat (upper house) and Bundestag (lower house). The Chancellor, whom is nominated by the President, has the powers of initiating government laws vested by Basic Law.
Goals for the Nation: Short goal- End the unemployment streak and bad infrastructure caused by East Germany
Long goal- Become a world economic superpower
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=417543

#666 don't remove

Accepted
Democratic Nominee 2024

Is the Hamburglar an insurrectionary anarchist? One who martyrs himself through the propaganda of the deed?

Princess Kenny
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Princess Kenny » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:28 pm

Reserve Canada
★ Roleplays★

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Princess Kenny wrote:Reserve Canada

Noted.
Democratic Nominee 2024

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:36 pm

Reserve Switzerland :3
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Argentarino
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentarino » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:39 pm

Alozia wrote:Reserve Switzerland :3

Noted. Please apply within 24 hours :)
Senator Sushila Fonseca

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:44 pm

Nation Name: The Swiss Confederation
Head of State:The Swiss Federal Council (Members: President Adolf Ogi, Moritz Leuenberger, Ruth Dreifuss, Kaspar Villiger, Pascal Couchepin, Ruth Metzler-Arnold, Joseph Deiss)
Head of Government The Swiss Federal Council (see members above)

Government Form: Federal semi-direct democracy under multi-party parliamentary directorial republic
Ideology: Agriarism (SVP)
Foreign Policy: Neutral (It's Switzerland after all)
Civil Freedoms /10: 10
Economic Freedoms /10: 7

Military Size: Around 150,000 active personell, around 100,000 reservists
Military Description: Due to Switzerland's wealth, it is able to buy the newest military equipment (mainly from Germany, France and the US). Since the country is neutral and doesn't take part in any military conflicts it's army exists mainly for defense purposes. Every male above the age of 18 undergoes military conscription eligibility screening. Annually, approximately 20,000 persons are trained in basic training for a duration of 15 weeks. Switzerland doesn't have navy since it's landlocked.
Organizations: Switzerland is part of the UN and Schengen.

Description of Your Nation's Economy: Thanks to political stability and Swiss fiscal policy it's economy is one of the most stable in the world. It has one of the lowest unemployment rates and highest per capita income in the world. Country depends on foreign investment. It's key industries include: machinery, chemicals, watches, textiles, precision instruments, tourism, banking and insurance.
Description of Your Nation's Government: The Federal Council consisting of 7 members is country's Head of State and Government. Individual members control certain Federal Departements. Each year one of the seven Councillors is elected by the United Federal Assembly as President of the Confederation. The legislative branch (Federal Assembly) consists of two chambers - the National Council (200 members) and Council of States (46 members). When it comes to the judicial branch Switzerland doesn't have a constitutional court. It has a Federal Supreme Court which hears appeals of lower courts.
Goals for the Nation: Maintain world peace, political system reform, maybe get closer to the West at some point (EU, NATO etc.).
RP Sample: Washington RP

#666 don't remove
Last edited by Alozia on Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Vaquas
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaquas » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:58 pm

Alozia wrote:
Nation Name: The Swiss Confederation
Head of State:The Swiss Federal Council (Members: President Adolf Ogi, Moritz Leuenberger, Ruth Dreifuss, Kaspar Villiger, Pascal Couchepin, Ruth Metzler-Arnold, Joseph Deiss)
Head of Government The Swiss Federal Council (see members above)

Government Form: Federal semi-direct democracy under multi-party parliamentary directorial republic
Ideology: Agriarism (SVP)
Foreign Policy: Neutral (It's Switzerland after all)
Civil Freedoms /10: 10
Economic Freedoms /10: 7

Military Size: Around 150,000 active personell, around 100,000 reservists
Military Description: Due to Switzerland's wealth, it is able to buy the newest military equipment (mainly from Germany, France and the US). Since the country is neutral and doesn't take part in any military conflicts it's army exists mainly for defense purposes. Every male above the age of 18 undergoes military conscription eligibility screening. Annually, approximately 20,000 persons are trained in basic training for a duration of 15 weeks. Switzerland doesn't have navy since it's landlocked.
Organizations: Switzerland is part of the UN and Schengen.

Description of Your Nation's Economy: Thanks to political stability and Swiss fiscal policy it's economy is one of the most stable in the world. It has one of the lowest unemployment rates and highest per capita income in the world. Country depends on foreign investment. It's key industries include: machinery, chemicals, watches, textiles, precision instruments, tourism, banking and insurance.
Description of Your Nation's Government: The Federal Council consisting of 7 members is country's Head of State and Government. Individual members control certain Federal Departements. Each year one of the seven Councillors is elected by the United Federal Assembly as President of the Confederation. The legislative branch (Federal Assembly) consists of two chambers - the National Council (200 members) and Council of States (46 members). When it comes to the judicial branch Switzerland doesn't have a constitutional court. It has a Federal Supreme Court which hears appeals of lower courts.
Goals for the Nation: Maintain world peace, political system reform, maybe get closer to the West at some point (EU, NATO etc.).
RP Sample: Washington RP

#666 don't remove

Accepted
Democratic Nominee 2024

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse