NATION

PASSWORD

Should WMD's exist, and do you support them?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should Weapons of Mass Destruction exist, and are you for or against the use of them?

I believe they should exist, and I support their use.
20%
I believe they should exist, but only as a deterrent, and not as a combat strategy.
50%
I do not believe they should exist.
29%
Other (Post Below)
2%

Total votes : 101

The Federation of Kendor
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federation of Kendor » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:57 am

A m e n r i a wrote:What discrimination? How they're not allowed to drive? As for Falun Gong, how did you know they're not evil cultist? Many demon worshiping cults are hiding under the facade of different organisations nowadays. Btw, this is getting off-topic. Care to continue via telegram or out of forum chat (discord or something)?

Okay, on discord. To be honest, I need more people there, though it's also a good place to talk. You can visit my own discord server by pressing the link that says "Want to talk with me on Discord"
My Dispatch
North Korean Russia wrote:"I am God! You are powerless against me! I am so awesome that when I play basketball I always get four points per shot!" -Kim Jong-Putin.

Independant Nations and Guilds wrote:Their founder turned into an eagle and flew into the sun before being burned to death. This is what their flag really means, and any other attempt at explanation of its meaning is ignored in favor of this explanation.

If you support liberal democratic capitalism, paste this into your sig: $LFD
RP links: TBA

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:57 am

Purpelia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:It probably would have been at least 48 but not 58

More like 46 at the latest. Both the allies and Soviets were preparing land invasions which would have gone off by that point. And the bulk of Japans best troops had been smashed to bits in China by the Soviet army.

Soviets had no capability to conduct an naval amphibian invasion of mainland Japan whatsoever. The allied landings were scheduled for oct-november of 1945 in which there was a massive typhoon raging at this period of time. The order of battle for the allied troops were an initial 180,000 men while the Japanese had 160,000 in the area of Kyuushu. The Japanese had thousands of kamikaze planes ready for that initial landing phase. Heck today we know that the Japanese battle plans encompassed hundred of kamikaze attacks by the hour.

All in all the use of nuclear weapons for this instance was justified to save million of lives that would otherwise be lost.
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:36 am

Uxupox wrote:
Purpelia wrote:More like 46 at the latest. Both the allies and Soviets were preparing land invasions which would have gone off by that point. And the bulk of Japans best troops had been smashed to bits in China by the Soviet army.

Soviets had no capability to conduct an naval amphibian invasion of mainland Japan whatsoever. The allied landings were scheduled for oct-november of 1945 in which there was a massive typhoon raging at this period of time. The order of battle for the allied troops were an initial 180,000 men while the Japanese had 160,000 in the area of Kyuushu. The Japanese had thousands of kamikaze planes ready for that initial landing phase. Heck today we know that the Japanese battle plans encompassed hundred of kamikaze attacks by the hour.

All in all the use of nuclear weapons for this instance was justified to save million of lives that would otherwise be lost.

There's no doubting that the use of nukes saved millions of lives but the war wasn't going to last past 1948 if we didn't. The Korean War would never have occurred as all of Korea would most likely be communist.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Suicune
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 18, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Suicune » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:57 am

Weapons specifically designed to kill as many people as possible and that have harmful effects on the environment. Hmm tough choice... :unsure:
Blank canvas

Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Constitutional Technocracy of Minecraft » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:58 am

Nuclear weapons, although having the potential for killing billions, have stopped/prevented many wars due to mutually assured destruction (i.e. India vs Pakistan in the 1940s-50s), so I do support a nuclear deterrent. Chemical weapons just cause unnecessary damage (cough cough killing innocent Syrian children cough cough), and biological weapons are just asking for a global pandemic and are just evil. At least, that's my opinion.

Previous

Return to General