NATION

PASSWORD

2000: World War 3 | An Alternate History RP | OPEN | IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Vietmihn
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

2000: World War 3 | An Alternate History RP | OPEN | IC

Postby Vietmihn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:50 am

2000, World War 3

OOC:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=418545

Rules:

1. No Godmodding

2. No Metagaming.

3. 150 word minimum.

4. Be realistic

5. Have Fun. :)

Lore:

(THIS IS MY FIRST RP THAT I AM OP'ING, I AM OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS AND I NEED A GOOD CO-OP)

After 1980, the world split into 2 sides.

Soviet Union & Allies: Communists

USA & Allies: Democracy

Eventually, the Soviet Union began to expand, until it controlled exactly half of Europe, while the rest was split into France, West Germany, Italy, Denmark, Switzerland, the UK, Ireland, Spain, and Portugal.

The cold war went in 2 stages.

1960 - 1990, Nuclear Era. There was a threat of nuclear war.

1990 - 2000, Non - Nuclear Era. Everyone began to realize it would destroy everyone, and so the threat switched from Nuclear War to Normal Warfare, and Cyber Warfare.

Timeline

1960 - Cold War begins, countries begin to take sides.

1970 - Tensions Rise.

1980 - The threat of nuclear war has went down, with the threat of normal warfare going up.

1990 - Now, there is no threat of nuclear warfare, but the threat of warfare is high.

2000 - Soviet Union declares war on the U.S, RP begins.

Roster:

Accepted Nations or Rebel Groups:

Vietmihn = United States of America
Clarcia = USSR
Japanada = Canada.
Hashkin = UK
Gyrenica = United Arab Republic

Reserved Nations

Venezuela = Genyulan

Let the RP begin!
Last edited by Vietmihn on Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vietmihn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:15 am

Washington D.C
2 Months Ago.
Jan. 2000

It was a meeting between the American military high command.

The matter was the USSR. They had to stop them.

They had been discussing multiple things concerning the USSR, from nuclear weapons to assassinations. President Clinton begins to speak, and the crowd hushes.

"I believe that we should stand together, we should find a common ground, something that we can all agree with, let's start on how the USSR is a threat."

An Aide runs into the room, and whispers something in the president's ear.

"Sir, we are now at war with the USSR.", the aide whispers.

The president's face turns grim.

"Everyone in this room, we are now at war with the USSR.", says the president.

There are mixed opinions from the large assembly of high ranking officers in the military, however, there was one thing that rang out.

"Get our allies together, we are bringing them in."

And so, that was the start of the Third World War.

Hashkin
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Hashkin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:54 pm

10 Downing Street, London, Two Months Ago
"What the bleeding hell do you mean we're at war with the USSR?!" Asked PM Thomas Folkes, as he talked on the phone with President Clinton. "Our military is not going to be fully mobilized until the next month. And our defenses now are half assed at most!" The Prime Minister covered the receiving end with his hand when his daughter, Rachel, entered the room. "Daddy, why are you yelling at the phone?" Asked Rachel. Folkes squatted to be eye level with his daughter, "We're are going to have a couple changed tomorrow. Mr. Patterson and Johnny are coming." Folkes told his daughter, referring to Gen. James Patterson and his assistant Lt. John Clancy. "YAYY!!" She said running to her room. Folkes talked the President again "Goddammit Clinton, what ever those commies are dling, you better have a plan.", and hung up the phone.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Why would would India need an aircraft carrier? India is an aircraft carrier.
economic left/right 0.88
social libertarian/authoritarian -1.74
DEFCON:
1 - Nuclear War
2 - Major/World War
3 - Hashkinian Forces Deployed
4 - Tension Risen <--
5 - Peacetime

CHNN Minute-by-Minute Report

Geologist team and Sec. Foreign Affairs Michael Dewey, who were sent to Greater Goverwal, are reported missing. Searches are being conducted.

Chancellor Bakker landmark bill facing backlash from Egaltarian Party. "It's a travesty, this bill will hurt thousands"- House Majortity Leader Finn Randall.

I side with results

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vietmihn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Washington D.C, 2 Months Ago.

President Clinton calls the PM Again.

"They have invaded Alaska. We have a plan. Get the international community together, and then steamroll them."

Chelsea walks into the room and asks this: "What is happening? Is this about the soviets?"

"Yes, Chelsea. They have attacked Alaska, we are now at war."

"What?", she asks.

He listens to the phone again, for the reaction of the British PM.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Canada, The True North Strong and Free.

Prime Minister Mary sighed, than gritted her teeth. "Those damned Russians are at war with us now, eh?" She hopped of of her desk, a light click being heard as her shoes hit the floor. "And they're after Alaska..of course things go to shit as soon as I get elected..well, I cant stand by, Canada can't.." Mary sat down into her seat and quickly typed up Alfred's phone number... "Heh, I need to get my own cellphone soon, and a Double Double right n-" Than he picked up "Bonquer?, well Je already know what your calling for. Give me the 'aller' and I've already got 10,000 troupes just aboot ready to make their way to the Last Frontier ASAP., eh?" Mary smiled "You just read my mind, psychic or something? Yes, now" Alfred quickly shouted "Keh, yes Manquer!" and than the loud sound of a phone smashing into hard concrete could be heard from the other side, than serious military rambling. We can skip that part. "Now let me show you this...toi should just go check your Email, eh? You could almost hear him drooling from the other side.

-Avro Canada Super Arrow CF-XX-

"Real beauty, ain't she?!
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hashkin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hashkin » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:38 pm

Vietmihn wrote:Washington D.C, 2 Months Ago.

President Clinton calls the PM Again.

"They have invaded Alaska. We have a plan. Get the international community together, and then steamroll them."

Chelsea walks into the room and asks this: "What is happening? Is this about the soviets?"

"Yes, Chelsea. They have attacked Alaska, we are now at war."

"What?", she asks.

He listens to the phone again, for the reaction of the British PM.

Tom Folkes rubbed his forehead, which is now sweaty, "Listen, those damn Russians are masters at artic warfare. I'll try to gather the some allies. I fear that after Alaska, Gorbachev may try to conquer the West Germans. Tomorrow, I would surely have a meeting with my Defence team. Welp, looks like I have to call Nashon now. Good night." After he hung up on Clinton, Folkes dialed Emily Nashon's number, "Hello Emily, I bet you heard the news. Well I'm trying to gather all of the Allies to fight against the Red Menace, and I can ensure your support, right?"
Last edited by Hashkin on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:Why would would India need an aircraft carrier? India is an aircraft carrier.
economic left/right 0.88
DEFCON:
1 - Nuclear War
2 - Major/World War
4 - Tension Risen <--
5 - Peacetime

Geologist team and Sec. Foreign Affairs Michael Dewey, who were sent to Greater Goverwal, are reported missing. Searches are being conducted.

Chancellor Bakker landmark bill facing backlash from Egaltarian Party. "It's a travesty, this bill will hurt thousands"- House Majortity Leader Finn Randall.

I side with results

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Red Square, Moscow, two months ago

Gorbachev was giving a speech.

"Comrades, we are at war," he said, "the west has chosen to fight the superior free people. I am announcing a draft of 3 million men to fight in the war. We are preparing to sweep through Europe and Alaska to crush the corrupt west and liberate their oppressed workers. Have no fear my people, they will be freed."

A cheer erupted from the crowd. However, it was drowned out by Soviet jets that flew over Moscow. War had begun.

Russian war headquarters

"Sir, our fleets have been deployed. They are in the Baltic, Atlantic and Pacific now," an aid told General Ivanov.

"Good comrade," Ivanov replied, "commence operation stampede and operation Ice Claw."
Last edited by Clarcia on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:35 pm

East Germany, present

All over the countryside, there was a common site: Soviet infantry, mechanized and tank divisions were marching to the frontier. Government agents were collecting men to train and join the war. Mig 35s were screaming over the skies.

The Kremlin, Moscow

Today was the day that Gorbachev, the governors of the SSRs and other communist countries would meet to discuss their plans to conquer the west. Today was the day they would get their plans in line.

Alaska

It was quiet. Deathly quiet. T90s we're rolling across the Tundra. They were taking defensive positions. It was time to meet the American counter attack. A squadron of Migs flew above the heads of the infantry. The soviets didn't know what was coming. They did know one thing:

They were ready
Last edited by Clarcia on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Avro Canada Super Arrow CF-XX

The world's newest and most advanced aircraft is, once again, a Canadian invention, from the scientists and engineers of Avro Arrow comes the 'Super Arrow CF-XX', at the forefront of NATO's current and future lines of defense, only now revealed to the world, well the NATO world, as the Soviets and general public haven't caught drift of its existence, though that won't last long as it makes its way on the Alaskan Front alongside the Canadian Armed Forces and the United States Armed Forces to battle Soviet invaders. The CF-XX uses top-of-the-line stealth and radar technology, machine gun turrets and upgraded/modified CRV7 missiles and has found potential buyers in the Americans, British, French, Dutch and Australians.
20 models have been created or are in production, 10 of which will be used by the CAF permanently and the rest temporarily until purchased by foreign NATO or pro-Democracy Commonwealth members.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:29 pm

President Emily Nashon
Paris, France
7:50 PM

Emily sat in her swivel chair, watching the sun set on the Paris skyline, the red and orange glow blackening the buildings. Emily was wearing her usual, a black knee lengthed skirt with a white collared shirt and black suit jacket. An aide barged in and Emily fell out of her chair, surprised. The aide quickly helped her up and spat out a report quickly. " Ma'am, the USSR declared war on the Unites States!" Emily almost fell out of her chair again. " What? Get me my advisors!"

10 minutes later, Military Advisor meeting

" So?" Emily sat impatiently at the end of a long, maple table.

Her personal military advisor spoke up. " We concurred that we do not believe that France is ready or should go to war. We have not been directly attacked or threatened. There is no need to have French soldiers lay down their lives."

" But the US?" Emily protested.

" The US can wait until we are ready."

" If it's what you be-"

" It is."

Emily opened her mouth to speak when an aide rushed in. " The British Prime minister is in the phone."

Emily took the phone.

"Hello Emily, I bet you heard the news. Well I'm trying to gather all of the Allies to fight against the Red Menace, and I can ensure your support, right?"

Emily spoke in her deeply accented English. " Good evening Tom. Unfortunately no, I cannot ensure you of that. France is not prepared for a war with the USSR and I have been advised to stay neutral for now. I believe this is best for the French people. I am sure that France would be willing to sell you arms and use France as a base in Europe though. I am open to that."

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vietmihn » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:31 pm

Alaska

The counter offensive of M60A3 tanks, M16 fighters, and lots of Alaskan soldiers have continued the counter offensive, pushing the soviets out of anchorage.

The U.S military is still facing harsh opposition in Alaska.

Washington D.C

Lockheed Martin is briefing a group of officials from the Department of the Air Force on a new variant of the F-16.

The F-16XTRA. It is the best military plane yet.

San Diego, California, United States.

Hail to the Chief we have chosen for the nation,
Hail to the Chief! We salute him, one and all.
Hail to the Chief, as we pledge cooperation
In proud fulfillment of a great, noble call.

Yours is the aim to make this grand country grander,
This you will do, that's our strong, firm belief.
Hail to the one we selected as commander,
Hail to the President! Hail to the Chief!

The military band finished playing this song to the president, who had just arrived.

"Thank you all for serving your country in the hard time. We shall liberate the USSR, and then, truly, will the world be free.", he speaks to the soldiers.

"Hurrah for the leader of the free world!"

Hashkin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hashkin » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 am

Hothnia wrote:President Emily Nashon
Paris, France

"Hello Emily, I bet you heard the news. Well I'm trying to gather all of the Allies to fight against the Red Menace, and I can ensure your support, right?"

Emily spoke in her deeply accented English. " Good evening Tom. Unfortunately no, I cannot ensure you of that. France is not prepared for a war with the USSR and I have been advised to stay neutral for now. I believe this is best for the French people. I am sure that France would be willing to sell you arms and use France as a base in Europe though. I am open to that."

10 Downing Street
"Well that's understandable, I hope that you won't be thrown into this mess without your consent. Good night" said Tom Folkes as he hung up the phone. He was exhausted from the events that played out today, and he wanted to sleep as soon as possible. Maybe tomorrow, his Defence Team would think of something. But he had too much to do now. Next, he dialed the number of Mary Leeland, Prime Minister of Canada. "Hello Mary, I fear that your nation may be a prime target of Soviet aggression. Before British troops stationed in Vancouver can engage the enemy, I want your permission to station more soldiers."
Last edited by Hashkin on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

economic left/right 0.88
DEFCON:
1 - Nuclear War
2 - Major/World War
4 - Tension Risen <--
5 - Peacetime

I side with results

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:32 am

Qasr al Kuhm
Prime Minister Sa'ad Al-Faqih stood by General Hamad Mohammed Thani Al Rumaithi in front of several other military and government officials. It had been under a week since the world had once again decided there wasn't enough dead people, all thanks to the two superpowers of the world. Unfortunately, the UAR's ties to the west makes the republic a potential target for Soviet missiles and troops.

"How soon can we activate the reserve troops? With soviet allies in close proximity, I worry we may soon be under siege by our enemies."

"We have already called up the reserves and are getting them stationed up north on or near the Iraqi and jordanian borders, as well as in the provinces of Qatar and Bahrain are being heavily reinforced as they may be subject to a naval invasion. However it will take weeks to months to have all the troops completely battle ready. There is also the issue if the troops we have stationed in Sudan, Somalia, and Indonesia got various regions, mainly peacekeeping. Many have requested to be transported home to fight in the homeland and i say we get them on the soonest transport back here. That will give us an additional 2500 plus soldiers, 170 of which belong to the special forces."

"Good. Try to do everything possible to rush the activation." He looked around. "Men, ladies, we are at a turning point in history. We can either stand by our western allies and possibly face severe devastation, or we can cut our supply of oil to the west, avoiding war with the soviets and her allies, however that may mean the death of our strongest allies. Our oil has been their lifeblood for a long time and now is the time this may be a problem. So what say you? Do we risk devastation of the republic or do we sit back and risk the devastation of our allies?"

The room unanimously declared their support for the western allies. The republic would soon be at war.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:06 am

Hashkin wrote:
Hothnia wrote:President Emily Nashon
Paris, France

10 Downing Street
"Well that's understandable, I hope that you won't be thrown into this mess without your consent. Good night" said Tom Folkes as he hung up the phone. He was exhausted from the events that played out today, and he wanted to sleep as soon as possible. Maybe tomorrow, his Defence Team would think of something. But he had too much to do now. Next, he dialed the number of Mary Leeland, Prime Minister of Canada. "Hello Mary, I fear that your nation may be a prime target of Soviet aggression. Before British troops stationed in Vancouver can engage the enemy, I want your permission to station more soldiers."

Mary Boiko, Canada
Mary, who now had a box of timbits, chocolate, cherry, old fashioned glazed, apple fritter, raspberry and pretty much other kind, on her desk, the phone in her left and a Double Double in the right, spoke up despite still chewing on a timbit, in her Ukrainian accent that through all these years has never adapted to her new home "Yes, any help would be appreciated, anything to get back at those damned російськийs, they're already advancing as we speak, but listen, I've emailed you, and every other NATO nation, of course alongside the Australians and Kiwis about something our scientists and engineers over here just got finished..but until they hit the battlefield, soon, don't tell anyone except those you trust the most, or just your Minister of Defense.."

Avro Canada Super Arrow CF-XX

From the scientists and engineers of Avro Arrow comes the world's new most advanced aircraft 'Super Arrow CF-XX', at the forefront of NATO's current and future lines of defense, and the Soviets and general public haven't caught drift of its existence, though that won't last long as it makes its way on the Alaskan Front alongside the Canadian Armed Forces and the United States Armed Forces to battle Soviet invaders. The CF-XX uses top-of-the-line stealth and radar technology, machine gun turrets and upgraded/modified CRV7 missiles.
20 models have been created or are in production, 10 of which will be used by the CAF permanently and the rest temporarily until purchased by foreign NATO or pro-Democracy Commonwealth members. We would like to see if Britain would be a potential buyer?

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:47 am

President Emily Nashon, Paris, France, 8:30 PM

Emily put down the phone with the British prime minister and nodded towards an aid. " Now I must speak to the French people. Get some cameras up here and alert the news stations of our broadcast."

Emily sat before a host of cameras, her hair combed again and her attire fixed up. She began to speak in a solemn tone.

"Les gens de France, je viens à vous aujourd'hui dans un temps de grand péril. Les républiques socialistes soviétiques unies ont déclaré la guerre aux États-Unis, notre bon allié. J'ai décidé de garder la France hors de cette guerre. La France n'a ni préparé ni prêt à se battre pour ces deux grandes puissances. La France restera strictement neutre et espère que cette guerre pourra être résolue paisiblement et rapidement. Cependant, une attaque soviétique contre l'Allemagne de l'Ouest sera considérée comme une attaque contre la solidarité et la solidarité française et l'état de guerre entre nos nations. Je vous demande, les Français, de reconnaître que la France peut avoir besoin de protection et vous demander de rejoindre l'armée française. Je vous remercie. Vive la France!"

The camera's shut off and Emily leaned back in her chair, exhausted. She motioned to an aide.
" One more thing. Get the US president on the line at once. "

"Yes Ma'am."

Translation:

The people of France, I come to you today in a time of great peril. The United Soviet Socialist Republics has declared war on the United States, our good ally. I have decided to keep France out of this war. France is neither prepared nor ready to fight for these two great powers. France will remain strictly neutral and hope that this war can be resolved peacefully and quickly. However, a Soviet attack on West Germany will be considered an attack against solidarity and French solidarity and the state of war between our nations. I ask you, the French, to recognize that France may need protection and ask you to join the French Military. Thank you. Long live France!

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vietmihn » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Hothnia wrote:President Emily Nashon, Paris, France, 8:30 PM

Emily put down the phone with the British prime minister and nodded towards an aid. " Now I must speak to the French people. Get some cameras up here and alert the news stations of our broadcast."

Emily sat before a host of cameras, her hair combed again and her attire fixed up. She began to speak in a solemn tone.

"Les gens de France, je viens à vous aujourd'hui dans un temps de grand péril. Les républiques socialistes soviétiques unies ont déclaré la guerre aux États-Unis, notre bon allié. J'ai décidé de garder la France hors de cette guerre. La France n'a ni préparé ni prêt à se battre pour ces deux grandes puissances. La France restera strictement neutre et espère que cette guerre pourra être résolue paisiblement et rapidement. Cependant, une attaque soviétique contre l'Allemagne de l'Ouest sera considérée comme une attaque contre la solidarité et la solidarité française et l'état de guerre entre nos nations. Je vous demande, les Français, de reconnaître que la France peut avoir besoin de protection et vous demander de rejoindre l'armée française. Je vous remercie. Vive la France!"

The camera's shut off and Emily leaned back in her chair, exhausted. She motioned to an aide.
" One more thing. Get the US president on the line at once. "

"Yes Ma'am."

Translation:

The people of France, I come to you today in a time of great peril. The United Soviet Socialist Republics has declared war on the United States, our good ally. I have decided to keep France out of this war. France is neither prepared nor ready to fight for these two great powers. France will remain strictly neutral and hope that this war can be resolved peacefully and quickly. However, a Soviet attack on West Germany will be considered an attack against solidarity and French solidarity and the state of war between our nations. I ask you, the French, to recognize that France may need protection and ask you to join the French Military. Thank you. Long live France!

Alaska

"Hurrah! Let's liberate Alaska!", yells the Alaskan soldiers charging across the Alaskan tundra.

The soldiers see the Soviets, start a small camp, and begin to open fire on the USSR's division, killing many.

USS Bunker Hill, Gulf of Alaska

"Okay men, load the missile into the launcher!"

The men get the missile launcher locked and loaded to fire.

"Ready.... Aim......"

The missile is positioned to destroy a large battle group of about 1,200 men, and 20 tanks.

Fire!

It is all ready, so the missile is launched off.

BOOM!

The missile hits it's target, hitting the battlegroup.

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:41 pm

Alaska

The Kirov, a missle cruiser approached the USS bunker hill with an escort of 2 typhoon class submarines. The Kirov started to prep its missles against the Bunker Hill. Meanwhile, over Anchorage, a squadron of tu-95s prepped to fire bomb the city. Meanwhile, at Nome, 100,000 Soviet soldiers in Arctic gear were dropped off to reinforce the invasion squad. They were backed up with tanks.

Germany

Soviet troops started to besiege West Berlin and a call of surrender was sent to the West German Governer. Soviet tanks started rolling across the West German border.

Moscow

"My dear delegates if the Communist World,"Gorbachev stated,"you have been gathered here from all communist countries and SSRs. I ask who will join us in this conflict. I also ask an important question. Since France hasn't gone to war yet, shall we invade them by surprise anyway? No matter what if you choose to join us or not, we will expect material support."

Telegram to: People's Republic of China
China, will you join us in this war against the corrupt West?

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vietmihn » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Alaska

More and more American troops, and battle gear have charged across the border, using their superior technology, they cripple the soviet soldiers inside Anchorage, pushing them out.

The ship sees them coming, and as the missile launches off the Kirov, hitting the bunker hill, and making it burn, 4 submarines destroy the subs and the guided missile cruiser.

West Germany

"CHA-A-A-A-A-ARGE!", yell the many thousands of mixed race soldiers from different countries.

The bombers fly out, and destroy many targets, while the tanks drive forward.

Missiles also fly from U.S Military bases in West Germany.

New York, Speaking to the UN.

But true statesmanship requires not merely skill but something greater, something we call vision -- a grasp of the present and of the possibilities of the future. I've come here today to map out for you my own vision of the world's future, one, I believe, that in its essential elements is shared by all Americans. And I hope those who see things differently will not mind if I say that we in the United States believe that the place to look first for shape of the future is not in continental masses and sealanes, although geography is, obviously, of great importance. Neither is it in national reserves of blood and iron or, on the other hand, of money and industrial capacity, although military and economic strength are also, of course, crucial. We begin with something that is far simpler and yet far more profound: the human heart.

All over the world today, the yearnings of the human heart are redirecting the course of international affairs, putting the lie to the myth of materialism and historical determinism. We have only to open our eyes to see the simple aspirations of ordinary people writ large on the record of our times.

Last year in the Philippines, ordinary people rekindled the spirit of democracy and restored the electoral process. Some said they had performed a miracle. Some despair when these new, young democracies face conflicts or challenges, but growing pains are normal in democracies. The United States had them, as has every other democracy on Earth.

In Latin America, too, one can hear the voices of freedom echo from the peaks and across the plains. It is the song of ordinary people marching, not in uniforms and not in military file but, rather, one by one, in simple, everyday working clothes, marching to the polls. Ten years ago only a third of the people of Latin America and the Caribbean lived in democracies or in countries that were turning to democracy; today over 90 percent do.

But this worldwide movement to democracy is not the only way in which simple, ordinary people are leading us in this room -- we who are said to be the makers of history -- leading us into the future. Around the world, new businesses, new economic growth, new technologies are emerging from the workshops of ordinary people with extraordinary dreams.

Here in the United States, entrepreneurial energy -- has fueled the current economic expansion. According to scholars at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, three-quarters of the more than 13\1/2\ million new jobs that we have created in this country since the beginning of our expansion came from businesses with fewer than 100 employees, businesses started by ordinary people who dared to take a chance. And many of our new high technologies were first developed in the garages of fledgling entrepreneurs. Yet America is not the only, or perhaps even the best, example of the dynamism and dreams that the freeing of the people set free.

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Akska
The Kirov wasn't done yet. It unloaded its missles to hit the remaining ships as it sank. Across Alaska, Soviet forces ambushed charging Americans in small detachments. If they they were going to lose Alaska, they would kill every American they could. At Nome, the Soviets hid a little surprise for when the Americans showed up.

Europe

Soviet non nuclear missles started hitting large cities. The targets were industrial and military. In Germany, Soviet positions were opening fire on the NATO forces. They had time to retreat. They were thousand so far miles from Moscow. Plus, Winter was around the corner...

100 meters below the Pacific, unknown location

Submarine Admiral Vasily Daushchev noticed it was odly calm. He guessed it was the dalm before the Typhoon. His Super Typhoon Submarine, Leviathan, was leading 100 submarines to their staging points. One by one, they would break off and go to their positions in the Pacific and in the case of the Atlantic squadron in the Baltic, the Atlantic. Should the USSR go down, it was taking the World with it. These submarines were ordered not to fire unless the USSR capitulated or the dead man's switch was triggered. After the World was nuked, they would attempt to live on pre determined islands that could sustain the submarine crews that weren't hit with nukes. This of course, was an end game strategy. It would only be used as a last resort.

"The World really is going to hell," Submarine Admiral Daushev thought.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:12 pm

President Emily Nashon, Paris, France, 4:00 PM

Emily sat at her desk reading over a recent report detailing the recent maneuvers of Soviet and US troops in Alaska and the recent Soviet push into Germany, " It looks like we have no choice." Emily sighed. " Ready the troops." A large explosion sounded behind her. Emily quickly stood up and turned around, facing the large glass window in her office. Around Paris, large explosions and fires had broken out, from some missile.

"Mon Dieu! Les fils de pute! Nous les ferons payer du sang!" Emily rushed back to her desk and quickly called up General staff. " Men, we are at war! Act like it!" She turned to an aide. " Get President Clinton in the line!" Emily took the phone and got in the hotline to the White House. " Hello? President Clinton? Can you here me?"

Translation: My god! The sons of a bitch! We shall make them pay in blood!

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vietmihn » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:38 am

President Clinton

"Hello? Is everything alright!?"

He is a little bit disturbed by the tone of her voice.

Blitzkeig
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Blitzkeig » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:13 am

A lot of people say that the office tends to suit the man, or that they grow to suit each other; Lee Xien couldn't imagine this ever happening, however. He sat in his official, and official-looking, leather office chair and tapped away at his new computer thinking just how much of a disappointment everything had become.
Ruling over one of the richest nations in the world, with a booming technology industry and a military that was expanding rapidly much to the concern of its neighbours should have been a fun job. It should have involved cruising the world in some sort of official presidential yacht; it should have involved dining with celebrities and maybe even taking a few of them to bed...what he'd tried so hard for it not to involve, however, was war.

Cursing the existence of other nations for what felt like the 30th time, he regretted the fact that others had not been trying to avoid conflict like he had at least payed lip service to. Sure, his military expansion had probably raised a few eyebrows, but surely that was just necisary precautions with so many powerful nations around him? He had acted friendly and diplomatically, though he had maintained a very firm stance with China over the 'Taiwan question,' a stance that he had made clear would be backed up with military pressure should he be forced to use more than words. The UAS was not sanctioning anybody, hell it even traded freely with North Korea; it occupied a peaceful place as a major trade hub and rising military power...but it all just had to be fucked up by Americans and Russians bickering and fighting over a strip of frozen wasteground that nobody gave two shits about.

The issue was that if China entered the war, the UAS could not stay neutral. Having had too friendly relations with America for all of its short history, the first place that the Chinese would attack was Taiwan...he wasn't going to have that, and neither was the large amount of his navy that was stationed their: what to do, what to do.

Opening an email, and cycling through the altogether too large list of world leaders and senior officials that made up his state email address, he found it and clicked; then, with swift fingers he began to write.

'Mr. Liu;

It is my great wish that in the war that is brewing between East and West, our two nations can maintain our lasting peace between ourselves. The UAS has no reason to fight with China, we have the trade that we need; we have all the raw materials with our relations with nations across the globe. Likewise, their is no reason for you to wish war with the UAS, given our lack of a great deal of free land and well-armed populous...a war would, in short be undesirable to us both.
Unfortunately, I fear that very soon the united states will request my support in defending it, and the same may happen between yourselves and the soviet union. However, unless soviet warships venture into UAS waters, I see no reason to fight them, I ask that you do the same when it comes to the united states.

Hoping for a peaceful resolution,
-Lee Xien,
National President,
United Asian State
The Greater Vakolicci Haven: Unified, expanding, free

((please note: this nation is second-hand. Its current operator is not a fascist.))

The Confederacy of American-States
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Confederacy of American-States » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:38 am

"Bloody hell Ellie! Look at what they've done to the city!" Said a man with a British accent, distorted by the gas mask he is wearing.
The female he was speaking to, turned around.
"Well, don't worry too much, the bastards will pay, we just got our load of... Special weapons." She responded, placing her arms in front of her. "A canister the size of this, is likely to take out a Russian platoon if used well, and I bet the fucks don't have any sort of gas masks." she said after that, with a strong American accent.
"Yeah, but what if they do?" He asked.
"Well, that makes it more complicated..." She responded, the both turned around and kept walking.
A US infantry squad approached them.

"Hold it!" A soldier shouted.
"Wow wow, calm, we're civvies." The man responded, as the squad approached.
"Why in the hell are you wearing gas-masks? Who even are you?" The soldier asked.
"We wear them to hide our faces, who are we? Think of us as a resistance against the commies. Can we go now, sir?" The man responded, obviously, in a rush.
The soldier gestures with his arm, saying: "Yeah, just move it before others see you clowns."

The two have moved to an old house, obviously hit with an Artillery shell.
"Ahh, fuck!" The female said in agitation. "All of our stuff was inside!" she said afterwards.
A figure came from behind, wearing the same uniform and tapped twice on her shoulder, saying in an American accent. "Do you really think we are that stupid? The chem canisters are deeply in the woods, and I suggest you go there too, cause we have nothing left to do here"
The man with the British accent responded "What about the people? There has to be a ton injur-" He was interrupted by the figure: "Calm, the soldiers will deal with them, they can do much more than we can, that's for sure..."
The three walked to a vehicle parked near-by, driving off.

The Alpha and Omega, are now scouting for USSR strongholds left in Alaska, they spot one in Nome, the rest, smaller squads, are ambushed.
Seeing as this is an Alaskan resistance, they are more familiar with the land, giving small pockets of Russians no choice but retreat.
The movement keeps a close eye on Nome, and thinks of sabotaging the Naval-Port, to make the soviets on American soil, stranded.
They do not, however, spot the surprise, what-ever it is...

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:19 am

Vietmihn wrote:President Clinton

"Hello? Is everything alright!?"

He is a little bit disturbed by the tone of her voice.

President Emily Nashon, Paris, France

" France has just declared on the Soviet Union after 6 of our major cities were struck by Soviet Missles. French troops will soon be deployed to East Germany. I called to talk about your current plan in Alaska. As of right now, through ways of my intelligence, we have found your plan to be costly, unnecessary, and plain dumb. What you should do is use your superior naval quality and quantity, crush the Soviet naval force and blockade Alaska, allowing no supplies or reinforcements to arrive at Soviet positions. Eventually, with no supplies or support from their land and completely surrounded, Soviet troops would surrender, resulting in the loss of a whole soviet Army. The loss of an entire soviet Army might push the soviet's to vow for peace, ending this war quickly. It seems to be the safest strategy to me, but the descision is up to you.

Clarcia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Clarcia » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:57 am

Moscow

"President Gorbachev, what should we do? There is more and more civilian resistance in Alaska. Plus, their navy could blockade us and the armies would be starved out," General Khrushchev asked.

"Well," Gorbachev responded,"At this point, let's withdraw the troops and firebomb Alaska. However, let's make an example of Nome. Draw all American troops in and unload as much Sarin gas as you can get your hands on in the town. We'll see how much those Western Bastards would like that."

"As you say, Sir," the general said.

Alaska

Over the skies, a hundred bombers and their escort started to unload firebombs into cities and towns that weren't Soviet controlled. As this happened, all troops withdrew from their positions in Alaska. Only a small garrison in Nome remained.

Europe

Soviet tanks started to dig in and troops began to create trenches in East Germany. They were ready for a fight. Missles were hitting important cities and government buildings. Most importantly, missles were targeting l'assemblé nationale in France, the most important government building.

The Atlantic

Soviet submarines started to get into position and began their mission to sink as many convoys as possible.

To: Albania SSR
Albanian comrades,
We need you to prep for a naval invasion of Italy. It is crucial that this happens.
Mikhaïl Horbachev

Deep in the Pacific

Submarine Admirak Vasily was having some doubts. He wondered if he could bare to give the order to launch the missles in a last resort situation. The enemy might be evil, but, an eye for an eye will destroy this World. He hoped that it would never come to that.
Last edited by Clarcia on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse