NATION

PASSWORD

A New Dawn {IC|CLOSED}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

A New Dawn {IC|CLOSED}

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:40 am

Click Image for OOC

A New Dawn

There is more to this world than meets the eye. I know, it sounds cheesy, and kinda stupid, but it is the truth. Hidden from the view of normal humans is a much bigger world; a world of magic, a world of monsters, and a world of legends. What normal humans believe as just stories and myth are all nearly completely true. It used to be that humanity knew about all of this and that magic was abundant, but years of neglecting magic and the truth of the stories lead to humanity losing most of their magical affinity and the rise of myths and legends.

In 1901, the world was shaken up by a single Mage, Ayla Zwahlen, the Fallen Mage. Ayla caused a Time-Break Event known as the Liechtenstein Incident. What exactly happened has been lost to the record due to the Time-Break, but a few things are still known. The Liechtenstein Incident was the first time that the world knew about magic and the supernatural. Another thing that was known about the Liechtenstein Incident is that is caused the Grand Council, the Church and the world's superpowers to unite against Ayla Zwahlen.

When the Incident was over, a new organization stood in the world of the supernatural, the International Ministry of Supernatural Affairs, simply referred to as I.M.O.S.A. Over time, I.M.O.S.A and knowledge of the supernatural would return to how it was before the Liechtenstein Incident. Years would go by until I.M.O.S.A would become useful for the world once again. I.M.O.S.A found it necessary to stand against the Axis, more specifically the Nazi Party. The war would end, the UN would be founded, and I.M.O.S.A would begin to grow in the shadows, hidden from the view of the world of normal humans.

I.M.O.S.A would eventually bring the Grand Council under its control, and become the most powerful organization in the supernatural world. As it grew, more I.M.O.S.A facilities were created, and so the Petwora Academy came into being.

The Petwora Academy was founded in the early 2010s, with its goal to educate and train future I.M.O.S.A operatives. Over time, Petwora became more independent and became a neutral area for I.M.O.S.A and the Church, employing members of I.M.O.S.A and of the Church.

It is the autumn of the year 2052, the magical and supernatural worlds remain hidden from the world of normal humans. A new year at the Petwora Academy is about to begin, unknown to the students, the world is about to be rocked once again.

August 30, 2052
Shadow Citadel Penitentiary, Deepest Level
Shadow Citadel Guards

"So, what's behind the door?" The new guard asked as she looked at the solid iron door.

The Deepest Level of the Shadow Citadel was quite empty. After exiting the elevator one would face a long dark hallway carved into the stone. The only light came from a circular chamber furnished with a few chairs, a table for the guards and not much else. Directly to the rightside of the room after exiting the hallway was another dark hall, which lead directly to a smaller lit circular room, with a solid iron door, with magic seals on it, directly across from the hallway. There was three chairs around a small table in that room.

Two other guards already sat down in the small room, with a deck of cards. The other room was full of other guards. But the new guard, lets call her Jill, was currently in the small room, inspecting the door.

"You might want to step back." One of the guards at the table said, lets call him Ted.

"Why?"

"Because, that is high level sealing magic." The other guard said in his gruff old voice, lets call him Sarge.

"Guardian Art magic then, Arashihana?" Jill asked as she sat down with her colleuges.

"Maybe. Who knows." Ted said, "She was here before Shadow Citadel was built."

"She?"

"Behind those doors is the sealed cell of the Witch of the Black Sun." Sarge said and looked at his watch, "It should be starting any minute now."

Jill just looked at Sarge with a tilted head. She was about to speak when she was interupted by the sound of a piano. Jill just stood there and looked at the door, listening to the music.

"Every day. At the exact same time." Sarge said, "Never late. Alternates through songs everyday."

"It sounds... angry."

"Well, imagine being locked underground, sealed, for over a hundred years." Ted said, "You'd be pretty angry as well."

"Better for the world though." Sarge said, "If you've heard the stories, you would be glad that she's---"

Sarge was interrupted by the sound of a commotion from the other room.

"You two stay here." He said and stood up, "I'll go make sure that no ones doing anything stupid."

With that, Sarge left the two alone.

"How about you just sit down." Ted said, "No one has ever gotten out or broken in to Shadow Citadel, everything should be fine."

"I'm not worried about that." Jill said and approached Ted, "I'm just wondering how I'm going to break that seal."

"Wait, did you just say--" Ted never got a chance to finish his sentence as a knife pierced his throat.

The illusion around Jill faded away, revealing her real identy. Elizabeth Thomson, the High Mage of Arcane stood their and smirked at the body before turning back to the door. Just then a masked figure arrived from the other room, with a duffle bag.

Elizabeth just looked at the figure and smirked, "Lets get her out of here."

A few hours later, at the change of the guards, the next shift discovered a blood bath and the door to the only cell on the level was wide open.

August 31, 2052
Petwora Academy, Emergency Staff Meeting
Headmaster Lennox Carpenter

"I know you are all wondering why I called you all here..." The Headmaster said as he looked at each member of the staff, "Well, there is no easy way to put this. The Witch of the Black Sun, Ayla Zwahlen has escaped Shadow Citadel Penitentairy."

At that their was a collective look of shock on each members face. The first to speak was Brother Godwyn. "So much for no one escapes." He said, "Like the Order says, you IMOSA agents should have killed her."

"We actually didn't capture her." Kelli Antoinette said, "She was captured by an unknown figure, and thrown in a sealed cell created by the same unknown force."

"But you heretics protected her." Brother Godwyn said.

"Both of you, stop." The Headmaster said, "Lets not look at the past, and lets focus on the present. I'm going to ask you keep your eyes and ears open. Also, stop fighting with each other. We don't know what might happen in the future. But I think we can all agree that we do what we can to keep students safe. As such, combat classes will be required this year for all students. Do you all understand? Good. I expect you all to be here tomorrow."

With that the staff all left, and went their own way to make final preparations for the coming year.

September 1, 2052
Petwora Academy
Opening Ceremony

"Welcome students." The Headmaster said from the podium at the front of the gymnasium, "Welcome to Petwora Academy. I am your current Headmaster, Lennox Carpenter. Let me share a quick history on Petwora Academy. We were originally founded by IMOSA to train new agents, but this school slowly became its own organization, as seen by our staff being filled out by members of the Church and IMOSA. Due to current events, I must apologize, but for the safety of all students, you will all be required to take combat classes and to live on campus...."

And so the Headmaster continued his speech. When the speech was over, students were given the day to explore the grounds and just hang out for the rest of the day. Many different events were also scheduled to go on during the day.

At the end of the day students were expected to report to the dorms to get their rooms and meet their roommates.

September 1, 2052
Petwora Academy
Izaak Marmara and Generate

"Well now. Seems like this year will be interesting. Don't you think so MGC-X1?" Izaak said as he stood up from his seat and looked at the albino homunculus that was standing up beside him.

"I do not understand." Generate said, "What was so interesting master?"

"Of course you don't understand. You're just a stupid bitch... No, not a bitch, just a stupid tool." Izaak said with a chuckle and started to walk out of the gymnasium, "Recent events have forced them to make us take combat classes and not to mention forcing us to stay and live on the grounds. Must have been something big. I expect you to not fail me in these combat classes."

"Of course master." Generate said, "I will not fail you."

"Good, because if you do. Then you really will be worthless... well, not completely worthless." Izaak said and lef the gymnasium. "Now, lets go make sure that we get our own private room in the dorms."

September 1, 2052
Petwora Academy
Éloi Hardouin

"And there he goes. Arrogant Marmaran jerk." Éloi Hardouin said as he watched Izaak leave the gymnasium. He sighed and looked to his sister who sat beside him. His attention fell to the doll that she had with her. That doll always caused Éloi to feeling both sadness and anger, but he always managed to hide it from her. "Hey, Mari, what do you want to go do now? We have the entire day to just relax, so, what do you want to go do?"

He couldn't help but wonder though what was causing the headmasters worry. It would have to be big, which started to worry Éloi as well.
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:34 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:September 1, 2052
Petwora Academy
Opening Ceremony

"Welcome students." The Headmaster said from the podium at the front of the gymnasium, "Welcome to Petwora Academy. I am your current Headmaster, Lennox Carpenter. Let me share a quick history on Petwora Academy. We were originally founded by IMOSA to train new agents, but this school slowly became its own organization, as seen by our staff being filled out by members of the Church and IMOSA. Due to current events, I must apologize, but for the safety of all students, you will all be required to take combat classes and to live on campus...."

And so the Headmaster continued his speech. When the speech was over, students were given the day to explore the grounds and just hang out for the rest of the day. Many different events were also scheduled to go on during the day.

At the end of the day students were expected to report to the dorms to get their rooms and meet their roommates.

September 1, 2052
Petwora Academy
Éloi Hardouin

"And there he goes. Arrogant Marmaran jerk." Éloi Hardouin said as he watched Izaak leave the gymnasium. He sighed and looked to his sister who sat beside him. His attention fell to the doll that she had with her. That doll always caused Éloi to feeling both sadness and anger, but he always managed to hide it from her. "Hey, Mari, what do you want to go do now? We have the entire day to just relax, so, what do you want to go do?"

He couldn't help but wonder though what was causing the headmasters worry. It would have to be big, which started to worry Éloi as well.
Marielle had been distant throughout the speech, humming to herself and stroking the doll's fine blonde hair. When Eloi spoke to her, however, she looked up, her smile seeming to brighten a little bit. She focused on her brother, as much as her slightly clouded, faraway purple eyes ever could.

"Oh, Eloi," she said gently, her voice just as distant as the eternally lost look on her face. "You know I'm happy doing anything as long as it's with you and Ange." At the final word, her hand stilled briefly on the doll's head. "So what would you like to do? You know this place better than I do, after all..."

She'd been at the Academy before, but that had been two years ago, the year after their father's disappearance. And then everything had changed. While Eloi had continued his education, she'd remained at home. And with how turbulent the events of that year had been, she barely remembered the school at all.

She wondered if she'd had friends there. Did anyone know her? Oh, I hope I have friends. I'd love to show Ange to them. They'll love her, I'm sure of it.
"Staying on school grounds, huh? Wonder what that's all about."

She wonders... so maybe I could offer--

"And before you even start, no, I'm not interested in hearing your opinion. I've got enough to think about without you bothering me. Got it?"

The girl in blue nodded, clasping her hands behind her back and avoiding meeting the eyes of the older girl. "Yes, Clare."

The brunette grabbed the younger blonde's face, forcing her to look in her direction. She was frowning, as usual. One hand slipped under one of the two identical, wide wristbands the younger wore, rubbing the lines she knew by heart, as the elder continued to speak. "And behave yourself. Just because my parents aren't around doesn't mean you get to be out of line. I'll make you regret it just as much as they would. Now come on, we have to get a room before the empty ones are taken."

"Yes, Clare."

She felt relief as she was released, and followed behind obediently, eyes fixed on the tall figure in front of her.

"I expect you to be ready for whatever happens," Clare continued, loud enough for her voice to travel to the girl behind her. "You've had more than enough time to start anticipating things, so no more excuses."

"Yes, Clare."
...Stayin' on school grounds, huh? Well, that's interesting. Wonder what's up with that? Oh, and we get combat classes too... Fun, fun, fun.

Now who am I rooming with? It'd better not be someone dull. I hate dull people.

Then again, if they're too boring, I'll just set their stuff on fire. That'll make 'em jump...

And probably get me in trouble, but whatever. I'm a Promethea. I can do what I want. And if any of these guys try and stop me? Well. I'll show 'em who I am.

This is going to be a great year.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Landon Blake
Aslan Balik, publicly known as Landon Blake snorted at the Headmasters comment about Student safety. 'Hah, I can take care of myself well enough, i have had to. Still, one of the reasons i am here is to learn about the Promethea more, these combat classes might help. He was broke out of his inward as a girl passed by him, one who had red hair, a possible Promethea. He watched as she passed, then paused in thought. 'I could follow her, but it is too early to stir up trouble, especially if she does turn out to be a Promethea. For now i will jsut head to my Dorm I guess, check on my situation. He then headed towards where the dorms should be located, coincidentally where the girl was heading as well.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:17 am

Standing up with a stretch, Adrien Gestahl thought on the information that they'd been given in the opening ceremony.

Apparently, they now had to remain on campus, and they were also going to have compulsory combat classes. Well, that painted a pretty interesting picture right there! Something happened, and it was big. Along with that, it sounded like it might have happened nearby, as well. All in all, it was pretty exciting!

However, now wasn't the time to be searching for dangerous situations. This was the time to be an actual teenager. Joseph had decided he was ready to interact with people his age again, and his sister and Joseph's daughter, Leone, had cornered him before he left, coercing him into at least attempting to play nice. And Buddha damn it, he was gonna at least give it a try!

He turned around, ready to start making friends with his classmates, and immediately noticed some little smirky shit treating the homunculus girl next to him like absolute garbage.

And Adrien could honestly say he did try.

It's just that he gave up after a total of exactly seven seconds.

"Sorry Buddha..." He sighed to himself, before a little gleam appeared in his eyes, followed by a mischievous grin. "Seriously though, I'm gonna make that guys life a living hell."

A little ways away, he spotted a pair of blonde students, who he suspected were probably relatives from the similarities in their appearances. More importantly though, Adrien saw that the guy had given the bastard he'd picked as a target a dirty look, which immediately secured him as friend material in his eyes.

He walked over to them, giving a small wave as he introduced himself.

"Hi, I'm Adrien. Adrien Gestahl. I couldn't help but notice the dirty look you have the little shit with the homunculus before, and I was wondering if you might wanna be friends. I'm already coming up with a few plans to make his life absolutely miserable, you see, and I thought it might be fun to extend the offer towards you, if you think it might appeal to you."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:26 am

September 1, 2052
Petwora Academy, Gymnasium
Éloi Hardouin

"I would like to access Petwora's resources in order to find father... but I doubt they will allow me to do that." Éloi said, "So, maybe we should go figure out which room will be ours, and then, get something to eat. How does that sound?"

Before his sister could respond however a person approached and began speaking to them. Éloi looked at the other student and sighed.

"You're new to the magic community aren't you. I'd highly advise that you don't try to make his life miserable as he is the heir to House Marmara, and can easily make your life a whole lot worse than you can make his. House Marmara has its own army of homunculi and golems, not to mention the fact that the Astvaldursson Clan is in its pockets, and the assistance of House Rasputin." Éloi said, "And therefore I have to turn down your offer as I am not going to assist someone in destroying their future. Besides, my family has been waiting for the right opportunity to take his family down. Anyways, I am Éloi Hardouin, son of the current House Hardouin Councillor of the Grand Council, Valérie Hardouin. This is my sister, Marielle Hardouin."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:40 am

Adrianna West
Courtyard
Petwora Academy

Adrianna was not happy. The school was nice, she'd give it that, and she was glad that she wasn't going to accidently set things ablaze anymore. She was glad that her family thought she was at an exclusive boarding school over in Europe. She was pleased with the food, with the accommodations she'd been shown and with the character of the other students - at least, what character she could see. She was pleased with the course set out before her and she was more than pleased to have a chance to get to grips with an area of study which she'd never heard of a few months ago. She was pleased that she would have the chance to continue with her regular studies, pleased with the teachers she'd met and pleased with the facilities at the school.

She was displeased with the Headmaster's address.

Well, not the address itself. The subtext. She'd come here, at first, because she wanted to be safer. Because she'd wanted to learn how to control the abilities she'd discovered. Because she'd wanted to put them to good use. And now she was going to be required to have combat lessons? Beyond any principles she may have held on the matter, that said something about the security of the school. They didn't consider themselves secure enough to trust that the defences and the teachers would be enough to hold against whatever enemies they had. In which case, Adrianna wasn't entirely sure if a group of schoolkids would really be enough to do anything more than slow them down.

And then they were dismissed and she wandered off, looking around for anyone she might know from her past life. No luck, of course, but it was always worth a try. Pirouetting on one foot she took in the school, the environs, the people milling and clumping and swarming away from the central courtyard. Some of them walked with a confidence which indicated some form of prior knowledge or stature - possible members of the Eight Families? Others were more subservient in their body language, especially a young albino girl drifting with one of the possibly-important people.

Humming a soft tune to herself, Adrianna finished her pirouette with a small flourish and shoved her hands into the pockets of the lab-coat she was wearing. For a moment, her thumb ran idly up and down the flecks of scar tissue which dotted her hands. Reminders of what magic could do when allowed to run wild. Her feet began to move, taking her towards the dorms - she had a bag full of clothing she needed to get unpacked. Preferably before everything in it became horribly creased, she mused. That was the worst thing to happen to clothes - especially since she wasn't sure if her accommodations were going to include an iron. Or where the laundry room was going to be.

Which begged the question: were they going to get a proper show-round at any point? She'd had a tour of the facilities when she'd first came here, but it was nothing comprehensive: she was vaguely aware of where the important landmarks were in conjunction with each other, but that was about it. If she was going to have to self-orient, she was going to need to find a map of some sort. Perhaps she could download one onto her phone - did the school have a website, or an app or something? She certainly hoped so. It certainly looked sophisticated enough to have something like that. Perhaps they'd have some version of Wikipedia, or Britannica Online, too. It would help her hit the ground on an even keel with some of the other casters here...

Her tangent of thought was interrupted when she collided with something soft and hard and putting up sufficient resistance that she pretty much bounced right off of it. For a moment she was falling, before the moment collapsed and the ground struck her tailbone with a heavy thud. Pain stretched its lazy path through her body and she spasmed slightly, instinctually curling half-foetal before her head struck the ground and she yelped with surprise and pain. Spots exploded into her vision, before clearing to reveal something monochrome and on fire standing over her. Except, a moment later, she realised that it wasn't on fire: it was a shock of crimson hair on a person's head.

Which meant that she'd just met a person. With a heavy sigh she closed her eyes, gritted her teeth and pulled herself to her feet. Sticking out her hand, she pulled her face into the best approximation of a grin she could muster through the blaring pain and wetted her lips before speaking:

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm Adrianna West. And you?"
Last edited by Spindle on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:32 am

Éloi Hardouin

"I would like to access Petwora's resources in order to find father... but I doubt they will allow me to do that." Éloi said, "So, maybe we should go figure out which room will be ours, and then, get something to eat. How does that sound?"

Before his sister could respond however a person approached and began speaking to them. Éloi looked at the other student and sighed.

"You're new to the magic community aren't you. I'd highly advise that you don't try to make his life miserable as he is the heir to House Marmara, and can easily make your life a whole lot worse than you can make his. House Marmara has its own army of homunculi and golems, not to mention the fact that the Astvaldursson Clan is in its pockets, and the assistance of House Rasputin." Éloi said, "And therefore I have to turn down your offer as I am not going to assist someone in destroying their future. Besides, my family has been waiting for the right opportunity to take his family down. Anyways, I am Éloi Hardouin, son of the current House Hardouin Councillor of the Grand Council, Valérie Hardouin. This is my sister, Marielle Hardouin."

Adrien's eyebrows raised considerably at the news.

"Seriously?" He asked, unable to keep the disbelief out of his voice as he pointed at the bastard. "You're telling me that that little shit is the Marmara heir? Well shit. He'll probably have it in for me as soon as he learns my family name. I'm pretty sure pops stole a bunch of their corpses for his experiments..."

He trailed off, before realising he's spoken out loud, and deciding to wave off any concerns the Hardouin siblings may have had about him.

"Anyway, I know I may seem like a newcomer to the community, but my families actually pretty old, with as colourful a history as any of the eight. Sure, not as powerful for the most part, and definitely not as well known, but still... Anyway, I'm technically the head of the Gestalt family as well, even if I've never had a formal education in how I should act as one."

He stood back for a moment, before a lightbulb seemed to click on in his brain.

"Hey, you're the heir of the Hardouins... You'd be getting an education on how to act as the head of your family, right?"

He moved closer to the two, an almost unnerving gleam in his eyes.

"Would you be willing to teach me how I should be acting? I've actually grown up pretty isolated from normal people, so it would be good to learn from someone who's had all the necessary education."

Realising he may have gotten a little too close, he backed away again slightly.

"And sure, considering his position, I'll refrain from making that little bastards life miserable." He said, before shaking his head slightly. "Well, ok, maybe not, but I'll be careful not to make it too overt. Pranky stuff. And hey, if you help me learn how to properly manage my house, you'll have an extra ally when your family decides to take them down. God knows the poor homunculus could only benefit from being separated from the little prick..."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:46 am

September 1, 2052
Éloi Hardouin

"Nor as old." Éloi said, "And I regret to inform you but I am not the heir of House Hardouin. My uncle is. My mother is second in line, until my uncle decides to settle down and have kids of his own. But as of right now I am technically third in line. Therefore, I haven't been taught how to manage our House. However due to the fact our mother is the Councillor for House Hardouin, I do happen to have a greater knowledge into the politics of the magic world."

He paused and sighed, "Maybe, maybe not. I don't understand homunculi completely but I do know this, House Marmara Homunculi are designed with minimal free will, and for a specific purpose. She might not know or even understand that she is in a bad place, and therefore might not understand the benefits of being free."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:18 am

Éloi Hardouin

Marielle's agreement was cut off before it could even be voiced, a stranger she didn't know coming and talking about things she didn't quite understand. All of those things about magic houses and politics were so confusing to her... She couldn't ever keep them straight in her mind. That was okay, though. Eloi knew a lot about those things. He always sounded so smart when he talked about them, even if she couldn't really understand all of the things he said. But he was her older brother, so he was supposed to know those things. No one expected her to, which was nice. She didn't have to worry about saying something wrong or anything like that...

She wondered, briefly, just why no one expected her to know anything about politics and the things Eloi knew. No one ever tried to teach her. Not many people even bothered to talk to her... Most of them just looked at her with what she could vaguely identify as pity. Why? She was happy. Even if she wasn't very smart, she was happy. Everything was good. She had her family, after all.

But even then, sometimes she would catch her parents glancing at her, and they would look so sad... Why did they look so sad?

Eloi never looked at her like that. That was good. She didn't want him to be sad. She was happy, and she wanted him to be happy, too. As long as she had him and Ange, everything was okay.

She smiled at the newcomer, but didn't interrupt his conversation. Eloi hadn't introduced Ange, though, she realized sadly. Why not? Didn't he like her? No, she knew he did. Of course he did. He did, he did, of course--

She was crying, she realized numbly. Why was she crying?

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:06 am

The principal's speech seemed to have minimal effect on just about anyone, save for a few.
Part of those few people had someone called Theodore.

A rather normal looking person save for his hair, thankfully enough not standing out enough to get bullied.
But, one may ask, why would such a normal person be at a rally of so many others that fell into the literal opposite category?
Well, appearances can be troubling, because the same normal looking man named Theodore was just as odd, and even magical in a sense as the others.
Although one may argue the concept of normality in which abnormality became the norm, he still felt rather down to earth compared to most others.

Yet once again, despite the man's small smile that seemed to be betray some level of happiness, inside laid an infamous secret.
One similar to the kind one would never even think of mentioning to anyone.
To some degree, Theodore was odd. And it wouldn't be wrong to say that he was, but it wouldn't be right either.
It mostly depended on what point of view whoever judged had of him.

Some saw him as nothing but a brat, others saw him as the silent, yet remarkably agreeable classmate, others regarded him as one that shouldn't even exist.
To just about any member of the magic community, it would be impossible that someone at such a young age may control their power so well without being a part of the 'great families' circle.
It usually came to bite him back at some point. He always hoped it wouldn't, but given the sheer concentration of people from the same circles, there was a high likeliness one would see.

Yet it wasn't exactly easy to see through him at all.

"It's cold today. Hm... Is it because I'm telling myself it is? Oh well, I better get going. Dorms aren't going to find themselves. I don't even know who's my roommate." He walked forward, somewhat bumping into a few people while trying to dodge them.

When he arrived near the end of the mass of people, he overheard a lot of things, conversations about making someone's life miserable, and a rather disrespectful man speaking to what seemed to be a well made homonculus/golem construct.
However, Theodore seemed to have little to not reaction, it didn't concern him, however, he did take a long look at the duo.

"Probably a noble class idiot that always got what he wanted. I'll make sure not to stay around him for too long.
Wanker could make me blow a fuse fast."

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:49 am

September 1, 2052
Éloi Hardouin

It was at this moment that Éloi looked at his sister only to see her crying. It was then that Éloi entered a momentary panic. Why was she crying? Maybe it was because he introduced her. No that wasn't right. Maybe it was... oh that.

"Oh I forgot." Éloi said and smacked his forehead lightly and then motioned to the doll, "Adrien, I forgot to introduce Ange. Ange is... well... very nice little girl."

He made sure his face wasn't in direct view of his sister for the last part. He didn't want her to see his face when he said that because he gave a small, but very sad smile. The smile was also combined with eyes that screamed play along. I hate this... But I'll do it to protect her and help her.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Éloi Hardouin

It was at this moment that Éloi looked at his sister only to see her crying. It was then that Éloi entered a momentary panic. Why was she crying? Maybe it was because he introduced her. No that wasn't right. Maybe it was... oh that.

"Oh I forgot." Éloi said and smacked his forehead lightly and then motioned to the doll, "Adrien, I forgot to introduce Ange. Ange is... well... very nice little girl."

He made sure his face wasn't in direct view of his sister for the last part. He didn't want her to see his face when he said that because he gave a small, but very sad smile. The smile was also combined with eyes that screamed play along. I hate this... But I'll do it to protect her and help her.
At this, Marielle's face lit back up, and she lifted her free hand, rubbing her eyes free of tears. He'd just forgotten. She didn't question how he could have--after all, she forgot a lot of things. He normally wasn't forgetful, but everyone forgot things sometimes, right? Even the very important things. She smiled again, at both Eloi and... Adrien? Yes, that was what Eloi had said his name was.

"Hello," she said, her voice just as distant as always. It was, however, distinctly cheerful, and as usual, content. Now that she knew that Eloi didn't dislike Ange--I knew he didn't, of course he loves her--she was perfectly happy once again. "It's nice to meet you."

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:35 am

Charlia wrote:
Éloi Hardouin

At this, Marielle's face lit back up, and she lifted her free hand, rubbing her eyes free of tears. He'd just forgotten. She didn't question how he could have--after all, she forgot a lot of things. He normally wasn't forgetful, but everyone forgot things sometimes, right? Even the very important things. She smiled again, at both Eloi and... Adrien? Yes, that was what Eloi had said his name was.

"Hello," she said, her voice just as distant as always. It was, however, distinctly cheerful, and as usual, content. Now that she knew that Eloi didn't dislike Ange--I knew he didn't, of course he loves her--she was perfectly happy once again. "It's nice to meet you."

Adrien looked between the two siblings, as Éloi introduced him to the doll in Marielle's grasp.

For a moment, he was legitimately confused, but it faded away as soon as he looked back to Éloi's face. That was the face of someone who had made many sacrifices. The face of someone who would continue to make sacrifices.

His confused expression turned into an understanding smile, as he looked back to Marielle.

"It's nice to meet you too!" He said, before looking down to the doll. "You too, Anje. It's good to know that even in amongst the eight, there are still kind people like you three."

He stepped back, a sneaky grin back on his face.

"Anyway, I'll see you guys around. I'm gonna explore the school about though, maybe see if I can sneak some iron sand into the Marmara bastards clothes... or food."

He snickered a little, before beginning to walk past them. Before he left however, he stopped close beside Éloi.

"I won't ask." He whispered, quiet enough that only the blonde boy would be able to hear. "For what it's worth, though, I reckon you're a good brother."

And then he was off, prepared to wander the halls and try out this "social interaction" thing with a few other students. It seemed to go well enough with the Hardouins, so he felt a little more confident trying it out on other students.

After a few minutes, he found himself quite definitively lost, somewhere in a maze of hallways.

"Well... I'm sure someone will find me eventually." He said, before lying down in the middle of the hallway, content to save his strength until that someone arrived.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:12 am

"Combat Classes, hu?"

That was not exactly how Dietrich had expected his first year at the academy to begin. The headmaster had also mentioned that this happened due to current events. But what events were those that they now required the students to receive additional lessons for possible encounters with hostile forces? Questions over questions and no answers were available just yet. Maybe someone or something would eventually reveal some information but he doubted that that would happen soon. Besides, even if someone did drop something important concerning these events in some conversation, it was unlikely that he would be able to recognise it for what it was for his own knowledge about the paranormal world was strictly limited by what his ancestor in the Reich had known. And even though his ancestor had been of a relatively high rank back in the Reich, he had not been a scientist or magician or even just a historian so his knowledge had also been limited.

And there was another rule from the headmaster that bothered Dietrich. They were all supposed to live on campus. Dietrich wasn't sure yet what to think of that. It did make him unable to contact his grandfather although that wasn't even too bad as both he and his grandfather had agreed that it would be very risky to contact him. Now that contacting him was completely out of question, this risk was also completely eliminated. Though this also meant that Dietrich was going to have to operate independently, evaluating situations and making his own decisions. Still though, he was not sure wether it was beneficial to be confined to the boundaries of the campus. It would drastically increase the time that he was together with other people, also drastically increasing the risk of him having a mental breakdown over something in front of others which would surely lead to questions both from his classmates and from the academy staff.

But right now there was nothing he could do about it. Orders from the academy staff were still orders which he had to oblige to in the academy's hierarchy. Which meant that he would now need to find himself a dorm as well as a roommate to share his dorm with. He would prefer living alone but he doubted there was a way around this so he really had to find someone. But who would be best suited for that? He didn't know anyone from the people who were with him here and none knew about him. So he knew nothing of their habits and they nothing of his. Under these circumstances, it was probably better to find someone with equally bad or even worse habits than his so that his roommate would be more understanding when his habits would strike as he or she would have had similar experiences of their own already. Standing up, Dietrich slowly made his way through the rows of chairs to get some more space before trying to find a roommate.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:47 am

Spindle wrote:
Adrianna West
Courtyard
Petwora Academy

Adrianna was not happy. The school was nice, she'd give it that, and she was glad that she wasn't going to accidently set things ablaze anymore. She was glad that her family thought she was at an exclusive boarding school over in Europe. She was pleased with the food, with the accommodations she'd been shown and with the character of the other students - at least, what character she could see. She was pleased with the course set out before her and she was more than pleased to have a chance to get to grips with an area of study which she'd never heard of a few months ago. She was pleased that she would have the chance to continue with her regular studies, pleased with the teachers she'd met and pleased with the facilities at the school.

She was displeased with the Headmaster's address.

Well, not the address itself. The subtext. She'd come here, at first, because she wanted to be safer. Because she'd wanted to learn how to control the abilities she'd discovered. Because she'd wanted to put them to good use. And now she was going to be required to have combat lessons? Beyond any principles she may have held on the matter, that said something about the security of the school. They didn't consider themselves secure enough to trust that the defences and the teachers would be enough to hold against whatever enemies they had. In which case, Adrianna wasn't entirely sure if a group of schoolkids would really be enough to do anything more than slow them down.

And then they were dismissed and she wandered off, looking around for anyone she might know from her past life. No luck, of course, but it was always worth a try. Pirouetting on one foot she took in the school, the environs, the people milling and clumping and swarming away from the central courtyard. Some of them walked with a confidence which indicated some form of prior knowledge or stature - possible members of the Eight Families? Others were more subservient in their body language, especially a young albino girl drifting with one of the possibly-important people.

Humming a soft tune to herself, Adrianna finished her pirouette with a small flourish and shoved her hands into the pockets of the lab-coat she was wearing. For a moment, her thumb ran idly up and down the flecks of scar tissue which dotted her hands. Reminders of what magic could do when allowed to run wild. Her feet began to move, taking her towards the dorms - she had a bag full of clothing she needed to get unpacked. Preferably before everything in it became horribly creased, she mused. That was the worst thing to happen to clothes - especially since she wasn't sure if her accommodations were going to include an iron. Or where the laundry room was going to be.

Which begged the question: were they going to get a proper show-round at any point? She'd had a tour of the facilities when she'd first came here, but it was nothing comprehensive: she was vaguely aware of where the important landmarks were in conjunction with each other, but that was about it. If she was going to have to self-orient, she was going to need to find a map of some sort. Perhaps she could download one onto her phone - did the school have a website, or an app or something? She certainly hoped so. It certainly looked sophisticated enough to have something like that. Perhaps they'd have some version of Wikipedia, or Britannica Online, too. It would help her hit the ground on an even keel with some of the other casters here...

Her tangent of thought was interrupted when she collided with something soft and hard and putting up sufficient resistance that she pretty much bounced right off of it. For a moment she was falling, before the moment collapsed and the ground struck her tailbone with a heavy thud. Pain stretched its lazy path through her body and she spasmed slightly, instinctually curling half-foetal before her head struck the ground and she yelped with surprise and pain. Spots exploded into her vision, before clearing to reveal something monochrome and on fire standing over her. Except, a moment later, she realised that it wasn't on fire: it was a shock of crimson hair on a person's head.

Which meant that she'd just met a person. With a heavy sigh she closed her eyes, gritted her teeth and pulled herself to her feet. Sticking out her hand, she pulled her face into the best approximation of a grin she could muster through the blaring pain and wetted her lips before speaking:

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm Adrianna West. And you?"

Landon had been making his way towards the dorms, when he struck something, or rather something struck him.he was broke out of his stride as he looked down in surprise. 'Well, this is certainly an unexpected situation.' He was broke out of his thoughts as the shorter girl introduced herself. "Ah, yes, My Name is, Landon, Landon Blake. This is probably the strangest why someone has introduced themselves to me. Were you in a rush or something?"

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:03 am

Adrianna West
Courtyard
Petwora Academy

Letting her hand fall back down to her side, Adrianna cocked her head to one side as her eyes danced over the boy in front of her. Not a bad body, though the jacket was a little obnoxious. Reflexive-tinted glasses - or perhaps just polarised, she couldn't tell - rounded out the almost punkish look. He couldn't be much older than her - if he was older than her at all - but he carried himself with the air of one for whom this was normal. Perhaps even boring - although that part might just have been affectation. He certainly seemed to be cultivating a roguish, bad-boy air around himself. Whether that meant he was one of the Eight or simply from one of the lesser families was far beyond her own readings of such things, but he was certainly deeper into this than she was. And, as her eyes began to unfocus in thought, she realised he'd asked her a question.

"Yes, well..."

She trailed off for a moment, head pulling straight as she ran the conversation backwards in her mind. After a moment, she smiled lightly and shrugged.

"There's a lot for me to do here." She put simply, "I need to catch up with everyone else, get myself oriented here and figure out what the difference actually is between everyone and their families."

Her smile tightened slightly at that last one, before she shook herself and nodded to Landon.

"It's just a lot for me to take in at once, I guess."
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Spindle wrote:
Adrianna West
Courtyard
Petwora Academy

Letting her hand fall back down to her side, Adrianna cocked her head to one side as her eyes danced over the boy in front of her. Not a bad body, though the jacket was a little obnoxious. Reflexive-tinted glasses - or perhaps just polarised, she couldn't tell - rounded out the almost punkish look. He couldn't be much older than her - if he was older than her at all - but he carried himself with the air of one for whom this was normal. Perhaps even boring - although that part might just have been affectation. He certainly seemed to be cultivating a roguish, bad-boy air around himself. Whether that meant he was one of the Eight or simply from one of the lesser families was far beyond her own readings of such things, but he was certainly deeper into this than she was. And, as her eyes began to unfocus in thought, she realised he'd asked her a question.

"Yes, well..."

She trailed off for a moment, head pulling straight as she ran the conversation backwards in her mind. After a moment, she smiled lightly and shrugged.

"There's a lot for me to do here." She put simply, "I need to catch up with everyone else, get myself oriented here and figure out what the difference actually is between everyone and their families."

Her smile tightened slightly at that last one, before she shook herself and nodded to Landon.

"It's just a lot for me to take in at once, I guess."

"Hmm." Landon mused aloud for a moment before responding to the girl who had just given him a once over. "Well, i'm new to this place as well, but I am a bit familiar with this world. What all do you know of the Eight?" After giving his offer and inquiring about her knowledge he gave ehr a look over as well, now that she was standing. She was shorter than he was, though not be too much, she was younger as well, though not by much. She had long dark hair and wore glasses, her other clothes could be considered strange, but overall she wasnt too bad.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:22 pm

September 1, 2052
Petwora Academy, Just out of the Gymnasium

Izaak managed to barely hear what Theodore said, and smirked. Looks like I have to teach a mutt its place. he thought as he stopped and motioned Generate over to his side. When she was at his side he leaned in and whispered in her ear.

She nodded and turned around. She started to approach Theodore, stopped not far from him and pointed at him. "My master wishes to speak with you. Meet him on the north section of the roof in ten minutes. It would be wise to not keep him waiting."

With that she turned and rejoined Izaak and headed to the north section of the roof. The north section of the roof was the largest section of the roof. When he arrived, he made his way up to the south ledge and looked over the courtyard as Generate watched the door to the roof.

September 1, 2052
Éloi Hardouin

"Thank you." Éloi whispered as Adrien left them. After a moment of silence Éloi sighed and then stood up. "Alright then. Let's not spend the day just sitting here. Come on Mari. Let's go see if we can find your friends."

With that Éloi began walking, every few seconds taking the opportunity to look behind him to check on his sister. I know I should at least try and get her to face reality.... but I can't... I can't do that to her.

September 1, 2052
Petwora Academy, Kelli Antoinette's Office
Kelli Antoinette

She was just finishing up her plans and couldn't help but sighed. She had to cut a lot of her plans as the Headmaster insisted that they were to hard for the students, to dangerous or would take to long. Why couldn't she make the students run a miniature Spartan race, while being chased by some monsters just for a warm up? What ever the reason, she had to accept it. But she did manage to get one of her plans approved for tomorrow's class. And she was fairly excited about that, though it was impossible to tell.

Anyways, she had just finished her plans when she decided to go take a walk around the school, make sure no one was getting into trouble, maybe check the training room as no one was technically allowed to be in there yet. But as soon as she exited her office, she saw a student just laying in the hall.

The amount of laziness that radiated from this position caused a slight annoyance in Kelli. And by slight annoyance I mean she had already summoned a shotgun and was pointing it at the student.

"Hey. This is a hallway not a goddamned bed. You should have one of those in your dorm room." She said, "So how about you get your lazy ass up and march it over to your dorm?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Éloi Hardouin

"Thank you." Éloi whispered as Adrien left them. After a moment of silence Éloi sighed and then stood up. "Alright then. Let's not spend the day just sitting here. Come on Mari. Let's go see if we can find your friends."

With that Éloi began walking, every few seconds taking the opportunity to look behind him to check on his sister. I know I should at least try and get her to face reality.... but I can't... I can't do that to her.
"Okay," Marielle replied, smiling and standing up, following her brother. She kept her eyes focused on him and her grip on the doll firm, humming a strange tune again. "So I did have friends here, then," she continued, pausing her humming briefly. "I couldn't remember... I thought I did, but I just couldn't remember no matter how hard I tried. Remembering things is hard..." She sighed, but her sweet, distant smile never faded. "I'm glad I have you, Eloi," she said, her voice sounding less distant somehow. "You're so much better at remembering things than I am, and you don't ever get mad at me when I forget things... And you're my wonderful big brother," she added, now fully distant once again. "I love you so much. And Ange loves you too," she continued happily. "Oh, I can't wait to show her to my friends. They'll love her so much, don't you think? Who wouldn't love her?" Her smile grew wider, and she went back to humming, contentedly following her brother.

My angel.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Petwora Academy, Just out of the Gymnasium

Izaak managed to barely hear what Theodore said, and smirked. Looks like I have to teach a mutt its place. he thought as he stopped and motioned Generate over to his side. When she was at his side he leaned in and whispered in her ear.

She nodded and turned around. She started to approach Theodore, stopped not far from him and pointed at him. "My master wishes to speak with you. Meet him on the north section of the roof in ten minutes. It would be wise to not keep him waiting."

With that she turned and rejoined Izaak and headed to the north section of the roof. The north section of the roof was the largest section of the roof. When he arrived, he made his way up to the south ledge and looked over the courtyard as Generate watched the door to the roof.

... Sigh. I just can't seem to be able to avoid trouble for a second.
Guess I'll have to set the countdown to zero again.
He thought quietly as the construction spoke to him.

As Theodore nodded, he pulled a phone from his pocket, one that looked quite cheap with its blue plastic frame.
As it booted up, he had some trouble finding the calendar app. Once he got to it however, he took a look at a big two on the screen and erased it to replace it by an equally big zero. Sighing, he put the phone back in his pocket and looked at his surroundings. With the girl construct having disappeared, he found himself rather lost as he had never even came to Petwora before.
Just the trip to the gym was already pretty difficult to make, going to the roof of the place he spent so much time trying to find wasn't exactly easy.

"Well, guess I'll need to move then.
I don't suppose the wanker really wants to wait." First, he looked up, maybe he'd find him overlooking his to be prey, however, he didn't seem to find him yet.
So Theodore started to circle the building, trying to find a way up.

When he couldn't find one, he thought of several things.

"Well maybe I could just jump and climb, after all I could do it. It's not that hard.
Or maybe I could find a door inside?" He pondered calmly, rather quietly.

"I guess I can show some amount of skill. It's unlikely, but maybe he'll knock it off. If he's anything like me, he won't.
Oh well, I can't just ponder and wonder all the time." And with that, he started climbing with a remarkable proficiency, almost like he had done it all his life.

In just a few minutes, he had managed to climb it all with hardly any trouble.
Of course with some help of his power.
With a small 'Hup', he got up on the north section.

"Phew. Didn't think it was that high when I was down there... You just can't trust anything I think these days. Anyway..." He turned to face the two, Izaak being the one that he seemed to keep an eye on the most.

"Guess you wanted me up here to beat some sense into me or some shit like that. Bullying and whatever other manner of intimidation just looks to be your schtick. Just look at you.
From what I remember, you're the heir to the Marmalade family. Something along those lines." Theodore spoke calmly, without any sign of stress, fear or anything of the sort.

"So. What's gonna happen now Marmalade man?"

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:12 pm

September 1, 2052
Petwora Academy, North Roof

"Looks like we got a clown." Izaak said with a chuckle. He didn't even bother looking at Theodore, instead continued to look down on the courtyard. "I don't want to fight, just want to talk. After all, why would I dirty my hands with a mutt. Even if I did want to fight, it would be pointless. The mutt is all bark, no bite."

It was then that Generate stepped between Izaak and Theodore.

"Anyways, since you are new here, I will forgive your behaviour." Izaak said with a wave of his hand, "But you do need to learn a something very important. MGC-X1 is nothing but a tool, and as such I will treat it as such. I suggest you do the same. And if you got a problem with that, than keep your mouth shut unless you want to feel the might of House Marmara. Do you understand?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:33 pm

Petwora Academy, North Roof

"Looks like we got a clown." Izaak said with a chuckle. He didn't even bother looking at Theodore, instead continued to look down on the courtyard. "I don't want to fight, just want to talk. After all, why would I dirty my hands with a mutt. Even if I did want to fight, it would be pointless. The mutt is all bark, no bite."

It was then that Generate stepped between Izaak and Theodore.

"Anyways, since you are new here, I will forgive your behaviour." Izaak said with a wave of his hand, "But you do need to learn a something very important. MGC-X1 is nothing but a tool, and as such I will treat it as such. I suggest you do the same. And if you got a problem with that, than keep your mouth shut unless you want to feel the might of House Marmara. Do you understand?"

"What do you know of my bark or bite, marmalade?" Theodore answered with a smirk.

"And since I've come so far, I'll shut it if I damn well please, and it's not some rich marmalade wanker with some golem humonculi whatever the fuck it may be, that's going to make me shut up.
The only thing I should really be afraid of is how damn arrogant you are about the influence you may have on me." He continued calmly, however, he started tapping his foot on the ground lightly, showing some signs of anger.

"And I really am right about you. You really are going to make me blow a fuse you goddamn Marmalade wanker." By the time he had said that however, his face betrayed some noticeable traits of anger.
Shrinking of the retina, frowning and a side smile that betrayed the fact that he was starting to find this whole thing rather fun.

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Mal Shepherd

Malachi Shepherd had listened intently to the Headmaster's speech. It had been a long and difficult road for him to get enrolled here, he had been lucky his old mentors had forged some connections, and he wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waste! Mal left the auditorium and quickly went to explore the grounds. Passing students, he gave them kind nods and waves in greeting, somewhat unsure of who would be willing to talk to him and help him out. As excited as Mal was, he just couldn't shake the overwhelming feeling of being so alone.

The more he dwelt on the thought, the more he realized just how alone he truly was. He knew no one in this school, heck the only people he knew in the entire world of magic were the handful of druids who had discovered him. His parents had no magic, none of his friends, whom he hadn't seen since he began traveling with the druids, had magic. He was completely and utterly alone. Except, of course, for the Spirit of the Gorilla, which he had a special bond with.

Mal sighed as he walked about, taking in the sights, smells, and sounds of Petwora Academy. Taking a deep breath, Malachi began walking towards the dorms. Perhaps finding his room and roommate would help him feel less alone.
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:31 pm

Donovan Francois
Petwora Academy-
Just out of the Gymnasium

Just like last year the speech went off without a hitch. Although the fact that mandatory combat classes will be given to them rather intrigued him. "Huh." Was all that he could say at the matter as the rest of the time the Headmaster spoke he remained quiet mainly observing those around them. He'd already seen a set of new faces around here while coming towards to auditorium. Some more distinctive than others in terms of either physical or social/behavior characteristics.

Once it was over Donovan got up from his seat and watched as the rest of the student bodies began to depart on their journey around the school grounds either to catch up with old friends and talk about their actions and plans on what to do in the school and with the people, making more friends or beginning to make more enemies. Mainly those of the children of the Eight Families.
He knew that some, if not all, have some secrets and interesting information about the school and probably what was going on with the reasoning behind these security precautions. Word may not travel fast for the rest of them, but for those of The Eight, it might be that they knew about the incident well before everyone else and could possibly use it as an advantage for them to expand and earn more control and power. And with that he'll have to keep that in mind whenever something goes down.

But his attention was quickly turned towards a certain someone. He overheard the rather bitter conversation with the Marmaran heir and his homunculus-type guardian. He looked at her with soften eyes as he felt sorry for her. "I don't know how you do it Generate. I don't know how." He muttered to himself as he finally left the auditorium as it was finally starting to become more empty.

But in the meantime he kept to himself as he began to wonder about the reasoning behind these mandatory combat classes. He made his way to the outside of the gymnasium and breathed in the crisp cool air something that he feels never gets old to him and sat down on the ground outside in the grass of outside the gymnasium.

While pondering to himself about the classes, Donovan saw out of the corner of his eye the sight of what looked like Izaak and his guardian if she could be called that. She was more like his punching bag from what he could see in their relationship separate into different paths. Soon after in about a few minutes, a rather weird looking boy- quite younger than him by the looks of things- with a rather interesting hair color and physical features that made him stand out from others in a heartbeat. He watched as he saw him climb up the building of the gym next to him with such elegance, grace, and speed until he reached the top.

"Hm." Was all he said as he leaned back and watched him as he made his way to the roof of the building and soon disappeared from his view. He raised an eyebrow at the entire sight as he looked up at the roof calmly waiting to see what was going to happen to them. He had some suspicions that the white-haired boy was preparing to talk to Izaak perhaps. It raised his suspicions even more as to why he allowed his homunculus to separate ways. But he knew that she wasn't too far off behind. Sighing to himself he sat underneath a tree in the shade watching the roof where the stranger climbed up to where he heard voices upon the roof. He didn't know what they were saying or what it was about but the voices were faint enough to be heard by him to begin with.

And with a small chuckle to himself he watched and waited; preparing to see what was going to happen next while also thinking of what was said in the ceremony today and coming up with ideas as to what was the cause of this sudden action by the school.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 pm

As was per usual, the speech seemed the same as it had gone for the past years the black-haired boy had attended the school, and as was usual for him, he didn't pay much attention. It was all mostly the same, anyway. He found his attention drawn elsewhere as the headmaster drawled on, and that was to say...from what he could tell where he was sitting, many beautiful women and equally as handsome men seemed to be both returning and beginning to attend Petwora this year. Interesting, he mused mentally as he quietly observed the crowd, there seems to be more than a few students who I will most definitely be speaking with this year... and he continued on with the thought...atleast until something within the headmaster's words caught his attention. They were being required, for their safety, to take mandatory combat classes and live on the campus? Odd...it almost makes you question what exactly's been going on to enforce such a thing. He pondered, wondering if the situation was truly serious, or over something pointless and they were simply being paranoid. The only thing that was really disappointing was that for the first time in his entirety of going to Petwora Academy, he wouldn't be living with his grandfather this time. A minor inconvenience, but disappointing nonetheless.

After the students were dismissed, Elijah stood a bit carelessly, preparing himself to head to his own dorm and meet his roommate (that of whom he was hoping would be just as interested in his company as he would be of theirs) before a particular blonde girl caught his eye. She had short hair, fair skin, and from what he could tell besides her flowy dress, she had a nice figure, too. Yes, she was definitely beautiful. Even from his distance, though he had been approaching, he watched a brunette girl talk what seemed a bit harsh to her, grabbing her face and forcing her to look to her, telling her something else before she released her and began to walk, and he watched as the blonde-haired girl followed after her. He smoothly but quickly made his way through the lines of chairs and out the gymnasium, and followed from a safe distance, assessing the situation before he decided on the perfect moment to approach. He only hoped it was the better decision to distract her from the rather rude brunette (which he had to admit was fairly attractive as well). He smoothly made his way to her side and gently placed a hand on her shoulder, just to get her attention without scaring her as he walked by her side. "I apologize for interrupting you, but I simply couldn't let a woman as beautiful as yourself pass without introducing myself." He explained to her with a soft, friendly smile before he lifted her hand with his own and gave it a soft kiss. "My name's Elijah Metzler, but most everyone calls me Eli. Might I have the pleasure of learning yours, beautiful?"
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse