NATION

PASSWORD

For Justice! Or Something! (Magical Girl RP/IC/Open!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Tourma
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

For Justice! Or Something! (Magical Girl RP/IC/Open!)

Postby Tourma » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Act One

April 3th, 2019. Time: 2:05 PM. For most, it was just an ordinary Wednesday. For a group of students at Westside Central, however, it was something else entirely.

Jada Esperanza
Jada was sitting at her desk in sixth period calculus, absolutely bored out of her mind. While the rest of the class was barely halfway through the homework, Jada had finished it ten minutes ago. With absolutely nothing else to do, she decided to read to pass the seemingly endless time. She opened her backpack, grabbed one of the only items in there (other than some spare pencils), and flipped to a random section of Professor Kyatto's Community Service Guidebook.

The cover was just a flat-out lie: it was a guidebook to being a Magical Warrior. She wasn't even sure how Kyatto, a levitating cat who was a Magical Messenger, earned the title of Professor. Then again, none of her colleagues, magical or otherwise, knew that much about him. While they posed as a group that did community service projects, their real mission was much more dangerous.

"...while all magically inclined beings have the potential to create realms, only Reapers and Experienced Magical Individuals can do so." The guidebook read. "One notable characteristic of a Realm formed by a Reaper is the inability to escape said Realm without defeating the Reaper. While some Reapers are more beastlike than others, it is important to note that many Reapers have human-level intelligence. One way to defeat a reaper is..."

Jada sighed: she had read this countless times before. She put the book back into her bag, and then just sat there, in absolute boredom. Now what am I going to do...

Just then, the intercom turned on. A woman's voice spoke into it. "Would the students in Professor Kyatto's Club please be excused?" She asked, in an upbeat tone. She must be new, Jada thought, grabbing her backpack. She left the homework on her teacher's desk, and headed down the hallway and right out the door. The group had planned to meet at her house tonight, which was totally fine with her. Since her parents were out of town on separate business meetings, and they weren't coming back for a week, she had plenty of time to save the world from the forces of evil. She unlocked the door, went inside, and walked over to the couch. That's where she found Kyatto in another one of his varioud disguises: a stuffed animal. "Kyatto, you realize my parents won't be home for another week, right? You don't have to stay disguised."

"Oh, I don't? Well, thanks for telling me that, I was tired of staying completely still." He "said" telepathically. His mouth never moved unless he was eating. Even then, he didn't need to eat. He just chose to because he liked doing it. "So, how long until everyone else shows up?"

"They'll be here soon." She answered. "In the meantime, want to watch TV or something?"

"Sure, why not?" He plopped down on the couch beside her. It was a humorous sight: he honestly did look like a stuffed animal. "Speaking of TV, I don't know why you like that one show so much. Most of it feels like filler."

"Well, most of season one is filler. You can just skip to the Japanese Vacation episode. That's when things really get interesting." Despite her seemingly emotionless state, she could get "excited" about a few things here and there.

Just then, both of the house's occupants heard a knock at the door. "Wonder who that could be." Kyatto said, somewhat jokingly.

Jada sighed. For being such a poweful "Messenger of Magic" from space, he wasn't really that intimidating."I'll get it." She told him, walking over to the door. She opened it, and saw...

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:41 pm

Tourma wrote:

Act One

April 3th, 2019. Time: 2:05 PM. For most, it was just an ordinary Wednesday. For a group of students at Westside Central, however, it was something else entirely.

Jada Esperanza
Jada was sitting at her desk in sixth period calculus, absolutely bored out of her mind. While the rest of the class was barely halfway through the homework, Jada had finished it ten minutes ago. With absolutely nothing else to do, she decided to read to pass the seemingly endless time. She opened her backpack, grabbed one of the only items in there (other than some spare pencils), and flipped to a random section of Professor Kyatto's Community Service Guidebook.

The cover was just a flat-out lie: it was a guidebook to being a Magical Warrior. She wasn't even sure how Kyatto, a levitating cat who was a Magical Messenger, earned the title of Professor. Then again, none of her colleagues, magical or otherwise, knew that much about him. While they posed as a group that did community service projects, their real mission was much more dangerous.

"...while all magically inclined beings have the potential to create realms, only Reapers and Experienced Magical Individuals can do so." The guidebook read. "One notable characteristic of a Realm formed by a Reaper is the inability to escape said Realm without defeating the Reaper. While some Reapers are more beastlike than others, it is important to note that many Reapers have human-level intelligence. One way to defeat a reaper is..."

Jada sighed: she had read this countless times before. She put the book back into her bag, and then just sat there, in absolute boredom. Now what am I going to do...

Just then, the intercom turned on. A woman's voice spoke into it. "Would the students in Professor Kyatto's Club please be excused?" She asked, in an upbeat tone. She must be new, Jada thought, grabbing her backpack. She left the homework on her teacher's desk, and headed down the hallway and right out the door. The group had planned to meet at her house tonight, which was totally fine with her. Since her parents were out of town on separate business meetings, and they weren't coming back for a week, she had plenty of time to save the world from the forces of evil. She unlocked the door, went inside, and walked over to the couch. That's where she found Kyatto in another one of his varioud disguises: a stuffed animal. "Kyatto, you realize my parents won't be home for another week, right? You don't have to stay disguised."

"Oh, I don't? Well, thanks for telling me that, I was tired of staying completely still." He "said" telepathically. His mouth never moved unless he was eating. Even then, he didn't need to eat. He just chose to because he liked doing it. "So, how long until everyone else shows up?"

"They'll be here soon." She answered. "In the meantime, want to watch TV or something?"

"Sure, why not?" He plopped down on the couch beside her. It was a humorous sight: he honestly did look like a stuffed animal. "Speaking of TV, I don't know why you like that one show so much. Most of it feels like filler."

"Well, most of season one is filler. You can just skip to the Japanese Vacation episode. That's when things really get interesting." Despite her seemingly emotionless state, she could get "excited" about a few things here and there.

Just then, both of the house's occupants heard a knock at the door. "Wonder who that could be." Kyatto said, somewhat jokingly.

Jada sighed. For being such a poweful "Messenger of Magic" from space, he wasn't really that intimidating."I'll get it." She told him, walking over to the door. She opened it, and saw...

[Ethan Mackenzie, Hope]

Ethan Mackenzie, Ultimate Hope, oops did I say Ultimate Hope? I ment holder of the Soul Gem Hope.
Since I can't write what happened before, much, due to the current time, it was shorter than it could have been but..I prefer it better that way. This is what his voice sounds like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhE2fd_L3T4
"Oh.. hello Jada, and the great 'Professor Kyatto', how is it going you two, good I hope?" he said in a relaxed voice with a small, honest smile on his face. Walking in, he sat down at the closest chair, near a small table, facing towards Jada, awaiting a response [Which she probably said before he even got to sit down, but I need to put more stuff here]. Sure, he could have sat on the couch, which can probably hold two people and a cat, but you see..Ethan is a little shy around Jada, because he has a crush on her, but has never mustered enough confidence to say anything to her, or anyone else, and knows she'd probably be sitting there. "I missed Gaming Club because of this, we better have something notable to talk about" It was clear Ethan wasn't serious, this was all like a video game.. well, more like an anime or manga, but those are just as good, plus he gets to do something to better mankind, to bring him closer to his hopes and dreams, certainty better than lazing around a club he only joined to play video games, with only one or two people he actually knows in it.
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Jada couldn't help but smile: Ethan always found a way to make her happy. "I'm alright, thanks for asking. I'm sorry you missed the Gaming Club, but you really shouldn't try my patience." She joked back.

"Hey, since when did you two become comedians?" Kyatto chimed in, with a humorous tone. Normally, Kyatto would immediately turn the attention to whatever they came to discuss. But since he felt nice that day, and since nobody else had showed up, he decided to take it easy on them. Besides, the last few missions had been surprisingly rough. Who would've guessed that a Reaper that resembled a Magikarp, of all things, would be so difficult to defeat?

"So, how have things been lately?" She asked Ethan. To be honest, she was a bit nervous as well, but she was better at hiding it.
Last edited by Tourma on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:36 pm

Horace J Simpson 3rd grinned as he lit another cigar. He was in the back of a impressive limo with his CFO, Roger Callahan. He was on his way to Fields, California, some obscure, no-name town in the middle of the sticks to open up a new automobile manufacturing plant. As he smoked his cigar he was listening to Roger telling him how much money they could make out of this deal and how many jobs this new plant would provide. Horace suddenly interrupted Roger and pointed towards a sign that said " Welcome to Fields, California".

" Were here". Horace said with a thick Texan accent. He grinned as they drove into the small town and towards a grey, industrial looking building on the other side of it. When they arrived, Horace was immediately greeted by a crowd of journalists wanting to interview him and by the town council. Horace ignored the reporters and walk immediately towards the factory. With a wide grin on his face, he grabbed a bottle of champagne handed to him by a council member and immediately smashed it on the wall of the factory, officially opening it. Horace then smiled and said to the people who witnessed it," Starting tomorrow, this factory will be churning up new automobiles and improving your economy." Horace then grinned as he started getting his picture taken .
Last edited by Shark isle on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:08 pm

Tourma wrote:Jada couldn't help but smile: Ethan always found a way to make her happy. "I'm alright, thanks for asking. I'm sorry you missed the Gaming Club, but you really shouldn't try my patience." She joked back.

"Hey, since when did you two become comedians?" Kyatto chimed in, with a humorous tone. Normally, Kyatto would immediately turn the attention to whatever they came to discuss. But since he felt nice that day, and since nobody else had showed up, he decided to take it easy on them. Besides, the last few missions had been surprisingly rough. Who would've guessed that a Reaper that resembled a Magikarp, of all things, would be so difficult to defeat?

"So, how have things been lately?" She asked Ethan. To be honest, she was a bit nervous as well, but she was better at hiding it.

Ethan Mackenzie

Ethan lightly chuckled, with the smile on his face becoming ever so slightly brighter, from Jada's comment, a joke that anyone who wasn't a magical girl, or magical boy in Ethan's case, would absolutely never understand no matter how much decoding they tried. He than spoke up once more "Well, I've been pretty OK, not much has been happening with me either, except for one thing, I was talking to my mom and dad last night, and they're supposed to be coming out here in about a month, or two to visit me for a few days, perfect because there will be plenty of time for me to clean up my apartment, you wouldn't believe how mad that they would get if they saw the place they are paying me over a thousand dollars for every month just crammed full of junk like it usually is." He took a short pause "So how about you, anything 'exciting'?"
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Terranihil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 07, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Terranihil » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:32 pm

;
Last edited by Terranihil on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Terranihil or Terry, Chief Consul of The League
League Wiki owner
epic

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Terranihil wrote:Akara enjoyed the sunshine on her skin as she walked to Jada’s house. As always, she was excited to meet with her friends again to protect the world from evil. When she arrived, she knocked the door and was greeted by Jada who had the calm nature that she always possessed.

“Hello, Jada” said Akara with a large smile. “It’s nice to see you again.”

She entered the home and greeted Ethan. “Oh, hey.” she said to him as she sat down on the couch. Akara sensed attraction emanating from him as he looked at Jada. Akara had always known about Ethan's feelings towards Jada by using her telepathic empathy.

Should I tell Jada about how Ethan feels? I really want them to be happy. Maybe I’ll ask Ethan why he hasn’t talked to her yet. But not now of course. Akara thought. Akara’s cheeks turned red when she noticed she was staring at both Jada and Ethan. “Oh. Uh. So how are you guys doing?” she said.

Ethan Mckenzie

"Oh, I'm doing pretty good, I was just telling Jada about my parent's coming, they'll be here in a couple month, or just one, they couldn't say the exact time..but, yeah, so how about you?, and don't forget the cat thing, he's semi-important too." Ethan layed his head back, and began letting his feet, his entire body leave the ground. levitating up into the air. He also clenched his fist, than opened it, revealing a small ball of 'light', which he bounced around in his hands. "Do you guys think I could become a magician?" It was mostly a joke, but there was some honesty in what he asked, and he could make quick money, though it would have risks that obviously outweighed the benefits by miles.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:33 pm

Sapphira Sapienti

Sapphira was sitting quietly in calculus class, directly behind Jada, and had finished and turned in her homework almost instantaneously after receiving the assignment. She was scrolling through various Wikipedia articles relating to the Kipchak Turkic language family on her iPad when the intercom announcement excused members of Professor Kyatto’s Club from class.

She looked up and saw Jada hurrying away, placed her pencil, textbook, notebook, and iPad into her bag, and followed suit, albeit not at the same enthusiastic pace with which Jada hurried away.

She entered the house shortly after Akara.

“Sälem,” she said in her usual serene tone.*

She then sat down in a chair next to Ethan, crossed her legs, and sat quietly.

*For reference, this is basically Sapphira’s voice, except it's a bit higher.

Terranihil
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Terranihil » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:47 pm

;
Last edited by Terranihil on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
League Wiki owner
epic

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:08 pm

Terranihil wrote:Akara looked at the cute cat-thing and smiled. "Hello there little guy." she said.

"I'm doing quite fine" she replied to Ethan. "It's cool that your parents are coming. I wish could live by my self like you, but my parents aren't strict at all, so its not that bad." After Ethan showed his powers, Akara said, "Of course you can become a magician. People would be amazed to see you levitate. I'm planning on being a veterinarian or something like that. I'll still fight evil with you guys even if I do become a doctor."

Then Sapphira entered the room. "Oh, hey. How are you doing?" said Akara. Akara sensed that she was in her usual melancholy mood.

Ethan Mackenzie

"Well, I wouldn't have that be my full time job, just something on the side, working at a gas station doesn't rake in much cash, and my parents aren't really strict either its just...they have expectations since they are wasting money on me. I'd like to be an animator..or maybe work for a video game company..I don't exactly have much useful skills. How about you, Sapphira, Jada?, well I could already think of a few things for you both, because you both have 'talents' that can actually get you worthwhile jobs" he'd chuckle once more, than continue, with a slightly more serious disposition "So..should we get the serious talk over?"
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Terranihil wrote:Akara enjoyed the sunshine on her skin as she walked to Jada’s house. As always, she was excited to meet with her friends again to protect the world from evil. When she arrived, she knocked the door and was greeted by Jada who had the calm nature that she always possessed.

She entered the home and greeted Ethan. “Oh, hey.” she said to him as she sat down on the couch. Akara sensed attraction emanating from him as he looked at Jada. Akara had always known about Ethan's feelings towards Jada by using her telepathic empathy.

Should I tell Jada about how Ethan feels? I really want them to be happy. Maybe I’ll ask Ethan why he hasn’t talked to her yet. But not now of course. Akara thought. Akara’s cheeks turned red when she noticed she was staring at both Jada and Ethan. “Oh. Uh. So how are you guys doing?” she said.

"Good, thanks for asking." Right after she said that, Tito, Jada's pet chinchilla, scurried over to Akara. "Kyatto, what did I say about letting him out?"

"Aww, how could I resist?" Kyatto replied. Despite being a cat (kinda), he didn't really have anything against Tito. He actually kind of enjoyed the little guy.
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:

Ethan Mckenzie

"Oh, I'm doing pretty good, I was just telling Jada about my parent's coming, they'll be here in a couple month, or just one, they couldn't say the exact time..but, yeah, so how about you?, and don't forget the cat thing, he's semi-important too." Ethan layed his head back, and began letting his feet, his entire body leave the ground. levitating up into the air. He also clenched his fist, than opened it, revealing a small ball of 'light', which he bounced around in his hands. "Do you guys think I could become a magician?" It was mostly a joke, but there was some honesty in what he asked, and he could make quick money, though it would have risks that obviously outweighed the benefits by miles.

"Well, that would be interesting, but I'm not sure that would be...sustainable." Jada answered. "And don't even get me started on all the conspiracy theorists that would track you down. Although I have to admit, that is pretty cool."
Khasinkonia wrote:
Sapphira Sapienti

Sapphira was sitting quietly in calculus class, directly behind Jada, and had finished and turned in her homework almost instantaneously after receiving the assignment. She was scrolling through various Wikipedia articles relating to the Kipchak Turkic language family on her iPad when the intercom announcement excused members of Professor Kyatto’s Club from class.

She looked up and saw Jada hurrying away, placed her pencil, textbook, notebook, and iPad into her bag, and followed suit, albeit not at the same enthusiastic pace with which Jada hurried away.

She entered the house shortly after Akara.

“Sälem,” she said in her usual serene tone.*

She then sat down in a chair next to Ethan, crossed her legs, and sat quietly.

*For reference, this is basically Sapphira’s voice, except it's a bit higher.

"Hey Sapphira." She greeted. "Glad you could make it."

[Responding to Japanada's post]
"Yeah, we probably should." Jada responded.

Kyatto went into serious-mode. "Okay, normally, I'd put this lightly, but since this new group is kinda dangerous, I'll just put it out there for you guys."
Last edited by Tourma on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:50 pm

Terranihil wrote:Akara looked at the cute cat-thing and smiled. "Hello there little guy." she said.

"I'm doing quite fine" she replied to Ethan. "It's cool that your parents are coming. I wish could live by my self like you, but my parents aren't strict at all, so its not that bad." After Ethan showed his powers, Akara said, "Of course you can become a magician. People would be amazed to see you levitate. I'm planning on being a veterinarian or something like that. I'll still fight evil with you guys even if I do become a doctor."

Then Sapphira entered the room. "Oh, hey. How are you doing?" said Akara. Akara sensed that she was in her usual melancholy mood.

Sapphira Sapienti

“I'm well, thank you,” she replied, “Today's been rather slow, so it's nice to hang around in a less formal setting. How has your day been?”

Sapphira wasn't so much interested in the precise details of Akara’s day as she was in remaining polite, even with friends. Of course, as usual, she made no obvious indication in either direction, even as far as inflection went. The lack of some subtle but important nuances in Sapphira’s speech often made it difficult for most, save Aka, to discern what exactly she was feeling, as well as giving her quite the advantage in deadpan humour.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:22 pm

Kelly Anaya

It was with some relief that Kelly left her English class on the call for all members of Professor Kyatto’s Club. It wasn't that she was bad at English, in fact, it was precisely the opposite; she was good at it, which meant she helped everyone else out with it, and she couldn't simply turn away people asking for help.

She entered the house in silence, a short while after Sapphira and assumed her usual position sitting on one of the arms of the couch before finally speaking. "So, uh, hello everyone. Sorry for being a bit late but, well, different classes." She paused briefly, before continuing. Might as well get down to business. "So, what're we here for this time?"
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:25 pm

The Off Colors
"Hey, Al, I appreciate your help and all, but can you please be a bit quieter?" Eliza asked, annoyed.

"Oh, what?" Al snarked. Can't handle all of this awesomeness~?"

And that's how to get Eliza to smack you. "Hey, how long have we been walking?" Ida asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Don't worry, Ida, we're close, I just know it." But deep down, .Eliza wasn't sure if they were ever going to make it to...what was the name of that town again? Well, it didn't matter.

Viktor immediately sushed them. "It's alright," he said, calmly. "We're here." They reached the welcome sign of the small town.

"So, how long until that business guy shows up?" Al asked. "I mean, he said he'd be here-"

"Be respectful, Al." Viktor told him, in an all too happy tone. "Or I'll make you."

Lunas Legion wrote:Kelly Anaya

It was with some relief that Kelly left her English class on the call for all members of Professor Kyatto’s Club. It wasn't that she was bad at English, in fact, it was precisely the opposite; she was good at it, which meant she helped everyone else out with it, and she couldn't simply turn away people asking for help.

She entered the house in silence, a short while after Sapphira and assumed her usual position sitting on one of the arms of the couch before finally speaking. "So, uh, hello everyone. Sorry for being a bit late but, well, different classes." She paused briefly, before continuing. Might as well get down to business. "So, what're we here for this time?"

Our Heroes
Kyattomsmiled. "We are here tonight, because of them."He then brought up four holograms of the Off Colors, one for each member. "These are a group of Former Warriors known as the Off Colors. Don't be fooled", Kyatto instructed the group. "While they look all happy and innocent, they are dangerous." The holograms contained each member's appearance, name, and other info. "I think that a training session might need to be set in place if we want to have a chance against them."

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:31 pm

Tourma wrote:The Off Colors
"Hey, Al, I appreciate your help and all, but can you please be a bit quieter?" Eliza asked, annoyed.

And that's how to get Eliza to smack you. "Hey, how long have we been walking?" Ida asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Don't worry, Ida, we're close, I just know it." But deep down, .Eliza wasn't sure if they were ever going to make it to...what was the name of that town again? Well, it didn't matter.

Viktor immediately sushed them. "It's alright," he said, calmly. "We're here." They reached the welcome sign of the small town.

"So, how long until that business guy shows up?" Al asked. "I mean, he said he'd be here-"

"Be respectful, Al." Viktor told him, in an all too happy tone. "Or I'll make you."

Our Heroes
Kyattomsmiled. "We are here tonight, because of them."He then brought up four holograms of the Off Colors, one for each member. "These are a group of Former Warriors known as the Off Colors. Don't be fooled", Kyatto instructed the group. "While they look all happy and innocent, they are dangerous." The holograms contained each member's appearance, name, and other info. "I think that a training session might need to be set in place if we want to have a chance against them."

Ethan Mackenzie

Ethan stopped his levitation and fell down, sliding off the chair as he calmly walked over to Kyatto's side, viewing the computer. "Mmm..they don't actually seem that..well Eliza and Viktor seem like..difficult opponents, but the others, especially Ida, not really. More training would be nice, heck I don't think I should even be talking about them like that at my current skill level, getting tougher would be a big benefit" As Kelly entered, Ethan turned to her and said "Hello Kelly" but quickly turned back to the hexagonal device thingie.

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:

Our Heroes

Ethan Mackenzie

Ethan stopped his levitation and fell down, sliding off the chair as he calmly walked over to Kyatto's side, viewing the computer. "Mmm..they don't actually seem that..well Eliza and Viktor seem like..difficult opponents, but the others, especially Ida, not really. More training would be nice, heck I don't think I should even be talking about them like that at my current skill level, getting tougher would be a big benefit" As Kelly entered, Ethan turned to her and said "Hello Kelly" but quickly turned back to the hexagonal device thingie.

"The other two don't seem like threats, do they?" Kyatto asked, somewhat condescendingly. "Let me just show you a little something..." He activated another hologram, and showed everyone a clip of an electric plant seemingly exploding for no reason. Like, the entire thing. Boom. "Look at what those two "less threatening" ones did by themselves." Kyatto said. "Just thing of their combined abilities, everything they could destroy..." As he said this, an expression of fear seemed to sweep over him. But, as usual, he quickly snapped out of it. "You get the idea?"

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:40 pm

Our Heroes

As Horace drove away from the new automobile plant he looked at his watch and grinned. He said to his driver in his thick Texan accent," Jerome, take me back to the entrance of the city, i got something important to do." A few moments later, The Off-Colors would notice a sleek, black limo driving up to the town's welcome sign. It suddenly came to a stop, spraying gravel all over the place. The limo's window suddenly rolled down, and a cloud of cigar smoked poured out of it. Horace then poked his head out the window and said to the Off Colors," Children, children, come on in. We have much to discuss." Jerome then opened the limo's door and beckoned the Off Colors to climb in.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Kelly Anaya

Kelly gave Ethan a silent nod of acknowledgement before leaning in on her couch arm to get a look at the computer. "Well, we should have them out-numbered if everyone can make it. But, well, there are lots of things that can go wrong and, well, it's always easier to play it safe. So I guess some extra training couldn't really hurt."

Of course, she was leaving out that a small amount of training likely wouldn't make that much of a difference, but there was a 'likely' and a 'that much' in that, and she was an optimist at heart, so those qualifiers were happily ignored. A small chance was still a chance after all.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Tourma wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Ethan Mackenzie

"The other two don't seem like threats, do they?" Kyatto asked, somewhat condescendingly. "Let me just show you a little something..." He activated another hologram, and showed everyone a clip of an electric plant seemingly exploding for no reason. Like, the entire thing. Boom. "Look at what those two "less threatening" ones did by themselves." Kyatto said. "Just thing of their combined abilities, everything they could destroy..." As he said this, an expression of fear seemed to sweep over him. But, as usual, he quickly snapped out of it. "You get the idea?"

Ethan Mackenzie

"Now that you put it that way..but still, that little girl can't fight, right?..oh well..theres not much else I can say, but..what are your opinions, ladies? And remember, I can take on nearly anyone in a closed-in space where I can turn the entire room pitch-black." While awaiting responses, Ethan pulled out a dull pencil and a notepad, quickly jotting down as much notes and snippets of information as possible. "And..if you don't mind me asking, can I get something to eat, if theres anything salty or sweet, like chips or candy? I'm pretty 'famished' right now.."
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Shark isle wrote: -snip-

The Off Colors
Ida's eyes widened at the sight of the limo. "Woah..." That was all she could manage to say. After Viktor's nod of approval, the four of them got into the limousine. Then, it drove off, and there was no sign it was ever there. As Ida observed the vehicle in awe, and Eliza continued to stop Al from doing anything reckless, Viktor was the first to speak. "So, what do you want to discuss?" He asked, calmly. His accent was clearly present, but that didn't bother him.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Katrina Everlyn
Passion

As the car pulled up to the curb, the running engine disturbing the otherwise pristine quiet of early-afternoon, mid-week suburbia. The sound of the radio could just be heard emanating from the inside as the middle-aged BMW came to a standstill in its usual parking space, until it was cut off with the engine. Stepping out onto into Jada’s driveway, Katrina swung her rucksack over her left shoulder before making sure to lock the doors. She was dressed in her usual, low-maintenance-low-effort attire, with a flannel shirt and jeans completing her look – although her vivid hair was always a sure-fire identifier. The teenage girl had a smug expression on her face, unrepentantly proud of the smooth execution of her parking job. There was a certain thrill at being able to take her mother’s car out on her own, even if it was just for the school run, and Katrina was determined to make the most of her newfound legal right to drive.

The Esperanza residence was a nice, cosy house that sat comfortably above average in both size and quality. Katrina had no qualms in telling Jada how much she preferred having the meetings at her house: it helped prevent any risk of her parents stumbling into her hobby of dabbling into magic and was the ideal excuse to get access to Jada’s pool during the Summer months. Walking up to the front door, Katrina rapped her knuckles on the solid wooden frame and made to enter before anyone came to let her in. She was expected after all and was already running a little bit later than she’d hoped – but it was half a miracle that Mr Walton had let her out early at all. The lecture that she’d received last period still rubbed Katrina the wrong way. She had turned in the homework on time and had managed to score better than half the class! So what if she didn’t complete all the set problems? They should have come up with a better grading scheme if she could get a decent grade without finishing them all.

“Kyatto, thank you for saving my Wednesday afternoon! Hi everyone.” Katrina beamed as she swung the door shut behind her. “Whatever it is, it can’t be worse than History 6th Period. What are we dealing with: evil monster on the loose, mad reaper attacking the innocents, cat stuck in a tree?” Swinging her bag onto the floor by the table, before making her way over to the couch – although she remained standing rather than taking a seat. Scrunching her features, Katrina read over the information in the four holograms before letting out a firm hmph.

“They look like a fairly nasty piece of work. How come they’ve come to our neck of the woods, Kyatto? I don’t think I’ve ever heard about some contracted warriors going rogue without being corrupted first.” Her eyes continued to glance over the holographic images, committing the faces to memory. “Although come on, I have to agree with Ethan. There’s only four of them and we’re hardly a team of pushovers.”
Last edited by Bentus on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Terranihil
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Terranihil » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:00 am

Akara let out a giggle and embraced the chinchilla as it leaped on to her lap. "Aw, it's so cute!" she exclaimed as she gently pinched the animal's cheeks. Tito seemed very fond of her which was no unusual thing since Akara was raised around animals.

"Oh, I'm fine" she replied to Sapphira. Sensing she wasn't on the mood for small talk, Akara didn't prod any further and continued to pet Tito until the meeting had begun.

Akara paid close attention to Kyatto's presentation. At first she agreed with Ethan. She was confident in her and her friends abilities, but when she saw how the off-colors blew up the factory, Akara's confidence dropped. "I think maybe training would help. Especially if we worked on our group fighting tactics." Akara was competent at healing, but she wasn't sure she would be able to manage wounds inflicted at such a scale. And she had only recently discovered her ability to absorb people's pain and was still getting used to using it.
Last edited by Terranihil on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
League Wiki owner
epic

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:27 am

Tourma wrote:
Shark isle wrote: -snip-

The Off Colors
Ida's eyes widened at the sight of the limo. "Woah..." That was all she could manage to say. After Viktor's nod of approval, the four of them got into the limousine. Then, it drove off, and there was no sign it was ever there. As Ida observed the vehicle in awe, and Eliza continued to stop Al from doing anything reckless, Viktor was the first to speak. "So, what do you want to discuss?" He asked, calmly. His accent was clearly present, but that didn't bother him.

Horace grinned and pulled out a stack of 7 100 dollar bills. " See this money, Horace said witha grin, I am wanting to pay you 700 dollars with you do a little job for me." As they continued to drive around town, Horace pointed towards the recently build automobile plant and said after takig another puff from his cigar," I want you kids to defend my plant from anything that could possibly destroy it."

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:51 am

Ethan Mackenzie

"So..do we have any information about they'r whereabouts? Wait a minute, justice and bravery must be sick, they weren't at school, want me to see if I can relay this data to 'em, if I can get past their parents that is, though levitating up their bedroom windows as an infiltration method always works...I just realized I could be 'Santa' too if I got myself some flame resistant clothing..and if I went to a ho..never mind!" Ethan got tense while abruptly ending his sentence, a drop of sweat or two dripping down from his forehead. Interpret that as you wish. "So..should I?"

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:03 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Ethan Mackenzie

"So..do we have any information about they'r whereabouts? Wait a minute, justice and bravery must be sick, they weren't at school, want me to see if I can relay this data to 'em, if I can get past their parents that is, though levitating up their bedroom windows as an infiltration method always works...I just realized I could be 'Santa' too if I got myself some flame resistant clothing..and if I went to a ho..never mind!" Ethan got tense while abruptly ending his sentence, a drop of sweat or two dripping down from his forehead. Interpret that as you wish. "So..should I?"

Sapphira Sapienti

Sapphira listened to the presentation, and waited patiently for the right moment to speak. When Ethan finished speak, she interjected.

“You could go to that trouble,” she said, “But I'd like to remind you that there's a much easier way to communicate with them. I can telepathically communicate it to them from here if you give me a moment.”

She then unzipped her bag telekinetically, and from it floated a small selection of snacks. The snacks, a box of Lemon Heads, a small bag of assorted Hershey's chocolates, two personal size bags of Lay’s classic potato chips, a half-dozen small bags of fruit gummies, and a small bag of dried mango, began orbiting slowly around Ethan.

“Take your pick,” she said while the snacks were floating from the bag, “I brought them since there's usually at least one person here who's hungry.”

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse