NATION

PASSWORD

Ban Compulsory Schooling & Education

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Faeshire
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Faeshire » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:03 am

Hi! Came up with a little something:

Category: Human Rights | Strength: Mild

The World Assembly,

NOTING that several Member States operate compulsory "educational" facilities, often known as "schools",

RECOGNIZING the substantial difference between nations, cultures and individuals, and the fact that one way of education does not suit everybody,

AFFIRMING the innate and inalienable right of every parent to educate their offspring in the way they see fit,

CONDEMNING compulsory schooling and education as affront to dignity of minors and an intelligent species rights violation.

Hawt or tard?
Last edited by Faeshire on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
@~)~~~~
Nordic <Queen of the Fair Folk> trying hard to make my country among the 1% most primitive in NationStates! =)

ENTP, loves cats, neofolk, metal, mythology, Glorantha (check it out if you haven't already!) and fantasy in general!
Political Compass result: Economic Left/Right: 3.2, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.8
Pro: Conservatism, environmentalism, cultural nationalism, tribalism, responsibility, animal welfare, Israel, Pre-Francis Catholicism, natural law, spirituality, vegetarianism
Against: the EU, communism, Islam, materialism, multiculturalism, snowflake letter combinations, atheism, radical feminism, safe spaces, western guilt, self-absorbed snowflakeism

Serrus
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:18 am

Faeshire wrote:Hi! Came up with a little something:

Category: Human Rights | Strength: Moderate

The World Assembly,

NOTING that several Member States operate compulsory "educational" facilities, often known as "schools",

RECOGNIZING the substantial difference between nations, cultures and individuals, and the fact that one way of education does not suit everybody,

AFFIRMING the innate and inalienable right of every parent to educate their offspring in the way they see fit,

CONDEMNING compulsory schooling and education as affront to dignity of minors and an intelligent species rights violation,

DEMANDING each member state to repeal any such legislation.

Hawt or [redacted]

I do believe that this is repealing in legislation, so not hot.
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

States of Glory WA Office
Minister

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby States of Glory WA Office » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:28 am

OOC: 'Moderate' is not a strength. It must be 'Mild', 'Significant' or 'Strong'.
Ambassador: Neville Lynn Robert
Assistant: Harold "The Clown" Johnson
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain

Faeshire
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Faeshire » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:59 am

Thanks for the feedback! Better now? :)

On another note - reading through older WA-proposal posts... I really can't tell the difference if people are being IC or OOC... like, it's not like stuff in the game represents people's RL opinions.. amirite? :eyebrow:
@~)~~~~
Nordic <Queen of the Fair Folk> trying hard to make my country among the 1% most primitive in NationStates! =)

ENTP, loves cats, neofolk, metal, mythology, Glorantha (check it out if you haven't already!) and fantasy in general!
Political Compass result: Economic Left/Right: 3.2, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.8
Pro: Conservatism, environmentalism, cultural nationalism, tribalism, responsibility, animal welfare, Israel, Pre-Francis Catholicism, natural law, spirituality, vegetarianism
Against: the EU, communism, Islam, materialism, multiculturalism, snowflake letter combinations, atheism, radical feminism, safe spaces, western guilt, self-absorbed snowflakeism

Serrus
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Serrus » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:03 am

Faeshire wrote:Thanks for the feedback! Better now? :)

On another note - reading through older WA-proposal posts... I really can't tell the difference if people are being IC or OOC... like, it's not like stuff in the game represents people's RL opinions.. amirite? :eyebrow:

I'm being OOC, unless otherwise stated.
Katganistan wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:maybe japan wanted the zombie attack.

Possible. Zombies are cool now.

Eastern Raarothorgren wrote:News websites are good and reasonable soruces of information or they would not be on the internet if they were saying things that were incorrect.

This is why rules exist, kids!
Keshiland wrote:I am yes arguing that the 1st 4 are not binding to the states and yes I know that in most Republican states they would ban the freedom of religion and the freedom of essembally but I don't live there and I hate guns!

The Huskar Social Union wrote:
You glorifted ducking wanabe sea pheasant

Platapusses are not rel

Essu Beti
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Essu Beti » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:14 am

OOC: Most of the time, unless it is clearly marked OOC the discussion is IC with our characters. Some people play their ambassadors as sharing their OOC views, some don't. And for some discussions, all pretense of IC gets dropped. Such as when a particular topic gets people's emotions flying especially hard, or for repeat-offenses on the part of the author.

IC:

Iksana lets out a very toothy yawn. "It's still repealing in a legislation, so that's a no go. Also, "affront to dignity of minors?" Seriously?"
Trust Factbooks, not stats.

The Ambassador of Essu Beti is Iksana Gayan and he's an elf. He’s irritable and a damn troll and everything he says is IC only. I would never be so tactless OOC.

National News Radio: A large-scale infrastructure project will soon be underway. During this time, for safety reasons, the island will be closed to tourists and foreign news agents. We do expect a minor loss in revenue due to this, but this will be greatly offset by both the long and short-term benefits of the infrastructure project. If your job is negatively impacted by the island closure, please send a letter or verbal message via courier to the Council so that we can add you to the list of beneficiaries of foreign aid.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Faeshire wrote:Ban Compulsory Schooling & Education

The World Assembly,

CONDEMNING compulsory schooling and education as affront to dignity of minors and an intelligent species rights violation.

OOC: If you're trying to repeal the existing educational resolutions, then this is a category violation illegality for trying to repeal without using the repeal function/category.

If not, I suggest you look through the existing resolutions to see why, what it sounds like you're trying to say, already is the case.

The old saying "you can lead the horse to water, but you can't make it drink" comes to mind, whenever someone mentions "compulsory education"... :P
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Tinfect Diplomatic Enclave
Attaché

Founded: Mar 08, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tinfect Diplomatic Enclave » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:33 am

Faeshire wrote:On another note - reading through older WA-proposal posts... I really can't tell the difference if people are being IC or OOC... like, it's not like stuff in the game represents people's RL opinions.. amirite?

OOC:
If it's marked OOC, as here, then it's from the Out-Of-Character perspective, and, excepting some odd circumstances, will tend towards reflecting the views of the person writing it. If it's completely unmarked, or marked with an IC tag, then it's In-Character, and may not necessarily reflect one's actual political views. If in doubt, just ask.
IC:

Feren, lacking the other two representatives of the Imperium for once, begins the Imperial Statement; "The Imperium must note that this clause implies that Educational Facilities do not actually serve the purpose of Education. In competent systems, this is simply not the case. And one would likely find it best to refrain from insulting the Member-States you wish to support this."

"The earlier section of this clause, is, quite honestly, irrelevant. Unless, you mean to assume that the World Assembly mandates a universal curriculum and educational format; which is untrue, and, if it were the case, would have to be repealed prior to attempting this draft. As for the latter portion; prohibiting mandatory education is not a solution in even the most remote sense. If you truly wish to handle this issue of educational 'fit', you would be much better served by mandating that Member-States make efforts to ensure that all Citizens are educated according to their needs. Which is already done, by Resolution Eighty.

All this prohibition of mandates does, is, provide an excuse for educational facilities in less-civilized nations to abandon 'difficult' students."

"A right that does not exist, and has never been proven to exist, despite multiple attempts by delegations with far greater experience."

"An affront to the dignity of minors? A violation of the rights of sapient species? Ambassador, what is an affront to the dignity of youth is the denial of the right of intellectual advancement, and the socioeconomic advancement of themselves and society-at-large that necessarily follows such; what is a violation of rights is that those deemed too 'difficult' or 'expensive' to educate will find themselves without any options for their own advancement! Forgive me if I am sorely mistaken, but I am beginning to suspect that you merely found the process of education within your nation to be frustrating or inconvenient; and I will remind you that the flaw lies either with your national educational system, or yourself, for refusing the opportunities for advancement.

In simpler terms, Ambassador, the Imperium will not support this draft, nor any further derivation upon it; both for its redundancy, and it's clear attempt to not merely legalize, but mandate the allowance of abuses of Rights. And on closer review, it doesn't actually do, anything at all, besides being atrociously wrong, and morally incoherent."
Last edited by Tinfect Diplomatic Enclave on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Obvious puppet of Tinfect.
Official holdings are a 1x1 atom space within orbit of New Harron, Imperial Interior Territories.
Raslin Seretis, Imperial Diplomatic Envoy, Male
Tolarn Feren, Civil Oversight Representative, Male
Jasot Rehlan, Military Oversight Representative, Female

Imperium Central News Network: Fourth Fleet assets mobilized to Exterior Territories | Military Oversight opens full recruitment | Civil Oversight authorizes update of Internal Security Locust units |  Indomitable Bastard #283

Nation stats have no power here!

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:44 am

Faeshire wrote:Hi! Came up with a little something:

The World Assembly,

Hawt or tard?

Worst education proposal in years, simply put.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly