NATION

PASSWORD

Archive of the Government of Yohannes Act 2017

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:33 pm

[ Out of Character message from the author: I would recommend this background theme: [ click me! ]

Hello! I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am a returning player who has not been storytelling for quite some time. My nation-state on NationStates is Yohannes, and I love to storytell in a modern technology environment! Nice to meet you!

For the Out of Character [OOC] thread for this modern technology storytelling thread, please [ click here ]. In that thread, please do tell if you have any criticisms, opinions, questions, suggestions, or many other things to say that you want to say, about, say, the judicature in the nineteen countries (one example), but if you are unsure, scared you can be wrong, or you think that I will judge that, please say it anyway. Cool beans. I just draft and record matters of storytelling, impartially (hint, hint). My plan for this thread is to show readers the wonders of the nineteen countries: its (somewhat) unique relationship between the judicature, legislature, and the executive bodies, the people, the culture, the economy, and pretty much anything in relation to the nation-state Yohannes.

In this undertaking I have been inspired by Sunset's Nation Maintenance thread (thank you). So, uhm, yeah, this is pretty much my own version of a nation maintenance thread for modern technology Yohannes the nation-state. Also, uhm, yeah, I will be editing things along the way (for my older posts), so if you see silly grammatical errors sometimes, it's just uhm, cos I do post out of joy (and when I do feel like it), and I don't carefully draft things. Sorry! ]

Government Act 2017 No 81
Date of creationJuly 08, 2017

This archive comes about because Her Majesty the Queen of Alexandria wanted to produce a selection of articles about the Government of the Nineteen Countries. In assembling this material, the author has been supported by the unique constitutional structure of the realm, which is based on the old foundation of 1781: the modernisation and industrialisation of the nineteen countries, to catch up with the more economically and technologically superior nation states of the occidental communities. The attempt to record the archive of a government model based on such an unconventional and non written objective was not an easy one, not only because of the ambiguity of certain historical records, especially if interpreted in today’s words, but also for the fact that there was no single document detailing the main account of a Yohannesian constitution, or what the government type of a Yohannesian nation state would be like.

There was, indeed, the provisional Constitution of the Nineteen Countries, which was created by the then nineteen Founding Monarchs, some would say in a poor manner, in the face of foreign extraterritoriality demands and the possible colonial subjugation of the then economically backward and culturally uncivilised Yohannes. This record, however, contained only major points, and explained little about a government of the nineteen countries. The purpose of this archive is to record and publish, for the World Assembly and international community of academics, the nature of politics and governance in the nineteen countries. The provisional Constitution of the Nineteen Countries stated the following:

The Nineteen Countries shall hereupon be known as an Elective Monarchy, Parliamentary Democracy.

The head of state is the President of the Confederation, as quoted under the constitution, with the official title ‘Yohannesian Emperor’. The Prince-Electors of the nineteen countries, in parliament assembled, must vote for an emperor every eight years.

The people vote for a head of government to represent Yohannes overseas every four years. In Yohannes, she or he has been informally called the ‘first minister’ since the late nineteenth century. The head of government is the “Chancellor of the Confederation”, as quoted under the constitution. The first minister creates laws, parliament tables laws, and the emperor approves laws. The respective government ministries can then execute these laws.
The legislative leadership of the government, headed by the Chancellor and supervised by the elected Commander in Chief, the Emperor or Empress, is ensured by section 31, which prohibits the tabling of any public expenditure related action, unless permission has been given by the Yohannesian Emperor or the Chancellor of the Nineteen Countries.

This archive was first written in 2017 during the tenure of the 17th Yohannesian Emperor the Queen of the Kingdom of Alexandria, Her Majesty Garnet til Alexandros. It will be continually updated to reflect the 2018 elections of the 116th Realm Parliament and the 18th and current Yohannesian Emperor, The Right Honourable Marion Maréchal-Le Men, as well as any further government change in future.

Last edited by Yohannes on Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:36 am, edited 38 times in total.
Population: 379 million; [Real Life Modern Technology]
[Government Act 2017] | [Reichstag Parliamentary Debates] | [Tales from Yohannes] | [I Beg my Realm] | [Currency Intervention] | [A Game of Thrones]
[Embassy Exchange] | [VMK Industry] | [Bank of Yohannes] | [GE&T Storefronts] | [NS Hacking] | [Bluepeace] | [Posting history]
We love NationStates! Do you? \__(^.^)_//
Current NationStates project: [main battle tank retrofitting] | [AFV & tank armour system] | [Strategic stealth bomber]
All In-Character things I’ve written on NationStates are open-source/Creative Commons that you can use :)
2018 had been my most productive (IC) NS year since 2011 — I won’t be as active on NS now due to RL obligations :)

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Limited Separation of Powers

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Limited Separation of Powers

According to Governance of the Nineteen Countries (HM the Queen, 1998), there are three branches of the Realm Government: the Executive, the Legislative, and the Judiciary. The Realm Government, headed by the Chancellor of the Nineteen Countries and supervised by the Yohannesian Emperor, is the face of the executive branch. The Realm Parliament, assembled by the Electoral College and headed by the Speaker, is the face of the legislative branch. The Justices of the Peace, appointed by the Emperor and supervised by the Realm Parliament, is the face of the judiciary branch.

In organisational manners, each of these three branches has a separate existence with their own traditions and methods of recruitment. There is a separation of personnel, with only one contradictory element to that statement: the executive is a part of the legislature. The Realm Parliament includes both the Chancellor and the (Electoral and Listed) Members. Further, cabinet members, or Ministers of the Realm, are members of both the executive and the legislature. The executive and the legislative branches have their own functions for the most part, with only some overlapping roles and activities. One example of this is the way in which the executive includes itself in legislative actions (such as the involvement of select committees) both to represent itself as an administrator, but also as part of the legislative body at the same time. The Justices of the Peace are also included in statute law review.
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
[Government Act 2017] | [Reichstag Parliamentary Debates] | [Tales from Yohannes] | [I Beg my Realm] | [Currency Intervention] | [A Game of Thrones]
[Embassy Exchange] | [VMK Industry] | [Bank of Yohannes] | [GE&T Storefronts] | [NS Hacking] | [Bluepeace] | [Posting history]
Current NationStates project: [main battle tank retrofitting] | [AFV & tank armour system] | [Strategic stealth bomber]
All In-Character things I’ve written on NationStates are open-source/Creative Commons that you can use :)
2018 had been my most productive (IC) NS year since 2011 — I won’t be as active on NS now due to RL obligations :)

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

The Three Executive

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:45 pm

The Three Executive

The Executive Branch, representing the Nineteen Countries, or Yohannes, overseas, to governments of nation states of the multi regional communities, to the World Assembly, and to entities of non-nation-state nature, is divided into three bodies. The first is the Head of State. She or he is the Emperor, Empress, or Imperial Monarch. The words are interchangeable in Yohannes, unlike overseas, with ‘Emperor’ often used on behalf of a female monarch (i.e. Her Majesty Garnet Til Alexandros the seventeenth Yohannesian Emperor). The second is the Chancellor, leading the Ministers of the Realm, who, together with her or his Ministers, are elected Parliamentary Members — they are voted into office democratically by registered voters of the nation’s electorates. Traditionally, the Ministers of the Realm are the advisers of the Head of State. However, in modern day Yohannes, that point has been completely ignored — since the Second Industrial Growth era (1850-1900), the Emperor has been the supervisor, the Chancellor the executive catalyst, and the Ministries of the Realm the executors of laws.

It has to be noted that even today, the Emperor has very extensive powers, on paper, but they cannot be exercised freely — and in the case that this established is broken, the unfavourable reactions of the people, which include those elected Parliamentary Members, would convince the offending incumbent to immediately submit themselves to public scrutiny, if she or he has not resigned already by then. The number of Ministries, further, are not static in nature. Election results and the resulting interparty negotiation can create new ministries, delete existing ministries, or reform more than one to become one, within reason (i.e. budget crisis means the Ministry of Trade and the Ministry of Industry will become one). The Ministry is an aggregate which meets as a Cabinet of the Nineteen Countries. The Chancellor, heading this cabinet, has first importance, or pre-eminent position, over her or his Ministers as Head of Government of the Nineteen Countries. Only the Emperor can override the Chancellor’s authority as the reviewer of the Chancellor’s actions.

In theory, the ministries, in a way that their public employees should act professionally for Yohannes the nation state, regardless of their personal political allegiances, are non political and neutral as regards interparty interactions and happenings. Realistically, however, sometimes boundaries are raised or lifted, much to the chagrin of pundits and public opinion. The Ministry must follow the orders of their Minister, and must help her or him turn laws into reality, on the ground, everyday throughout the nineteen countries.
Last edited by Yohannes on Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

The Will of Parliament

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:20 pm

The Will of Parliament

The Will of Parliament is a concept taken straight from the foreign Constitution of Maxtopia. The concept, as already known the International Incidents over, means that an Act of the Realm supersedes and is prioritised above all other public and private entities in the nineteen countries. The Act of the Realm is not limited by any legal barriers, and under the Imperial Nineteen Countries Amendment Act 1970, the Realm Parliament received full authorities as the editor or eraser of every provision from enacted Acts. The Justices of the Peace cannot eradicate or make unlawful the will of parliament, once it has been enacted and has passed the tables of parliament. The Justices of the Peace of the Realm can, however, overrule the will of parliament, if they believe that any documented law has not followed proper procedures.

Finally, it must be taken into account that in the nineteen countries, the Will of Parliament to impose its Act does not mean that parliament, by itself, is the ultimate carrier of justice. As mentioned by this archive previously, the executive and the legislature must act together legally. Since the executive body by legal acknowledgement (section 103 of the Imperial Nineteen Countries Amendment Act 1970), and by tradition (since the Second Industrial Growth Era), has practically all the powers over the non-ministerial, elected Electoral and Listed Members, this concept of The Will of Parliament can simply be used as a way for the executive body to assert its will over the legislative body, insofar as consent has been given by the majority support of parliament’s Members.
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

The Rule of Law

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:46 pm

The Rule of Law

According to Governance of the Nineteen Countries (HM the Queen, 1998), the concept of The Rule of Law and its existence must divide the multiregional communities of nation states into two: the civilised nation state, and those of the uncivilised nation state. The rule of law describes a situation whereby the action of the executive must be executed throughout the Realm in accordance with enacted laws tabled through parliament, word-for-word. The Justices of the Peace, leading the higher courts of the realm, must have the power to examine, without obstruction or corruption, the legality of Act tabled through parliament’s chamber, the action of cabinet members and their ministries in relation to the Act, and the action of state sponsored bodies in relation to the Act. The Justices of the Peace must not, however, make legally null the application of an Act, once it has followed proper procedures, word-for-word, and it has been recorded by the Gazette of the Realm.
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Responsibility of an Imperial Ministry

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:13 pm

Responsibility of an Imperial Ministry

The responsibility of a Realm Ministry can be divided into three: support of the majority, responsibility before the majority, and leader of their assembly. The first, support of the majority, means the support of majority Electoral and Listed Members in parliament, supervised by the Electoral College, will be required for a ministry to successfully carry its task. Another reason is because the head of a ministry must come from parliament itself. The second, responsibility before the majority, means a ministry is accountable for the action of every department or body acting on its behalf. The minister, as head of that ministry, must defend her or himself, before Members of the opposing political parties in parliament, if they are to be required for an Act of the Realm to be legislated into reality.

Every single public expenditure related material must be accredited by the Justices of the Peace. The lack of such approval means the minister, as head of the ministry, will not be able to use the material to defend her or his position. A minister is, in essence, the leader of their pack, which is the third point of responsibility. She or he will be responsible, before parliament, for any publicly aired views by government and state sponsored officials and by her or his subordinates within the ministry and their associated bodies. The overall principle of the Responsibility of an Imperial Ministry means the legislative body will have the power to judge and review a ministerial body of the realm. Its existence, however, can also be abused by ministers of the realm, for the confidential nature of their speaking before parliament means that members of the public will not know about the information presented by these ministers that may affect them.
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

The Opposing Forces

Postby Yohannes » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:43 pm

The Opposing Forces

She or he elected or chosen as the public face of the non-governing largest party in parliament, or the second largest party in Yohannes, is given the title of Imperial (or Realm) Head of Opposition to represent the opposing forces. This practice was handed down from the earlier days of politics in Yohannes before the Second Industrial Era, when the state of political party administration was still relatively unprofessional in comparison with today. Then, more than one person, sometimes up to five, spoke on behalf of the opposing parties in parliament against the governing parties. As time continued, realistic assessment of practicality and precedents gradually reduced the number of representatives to just one, as known today. She or he characterised or given the title of Realm Head of Opposition has special privileges not given to other Electoral and Listed Members in parliament — in effect, making her or him almost equal in status, under the law, as the Chancellor of the day.

Just like the Chancellor, the Realm Head of Opposition can represent the nineteen countries overseas, although not officially, to show the other side of public opinion in Yohannes concerning many diplomatic, economic and military issues happening outside Yohannes the continent. One interesting background behind the gradual, ad-hoc creation of the title would be that its creation was not, in fact, recorded by any previous Act of the Realm, nor by wills. It is a position founded entirely out of necessity, as time progressed since the nineteenth century unification of the nineteen countries in Yohannes the continent. It is the face of how parliamentary practice and the nature of politics in Yohannes is changing everyday, within reason and within the bounds of acknowledged conventions. There may be more than one Head of the Opposition in future, if the situation allows for that to happen.

The Realm Head of Opposition has the fourth highest salary in parliament assembled, behind only the Chancellor, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Minister of Domestic Economy, Export Industry and Trade, in that order. The party she or he belongs to is known as the Leading Party of the Opposition, and Electoral and Listed Members of parliament and Elected Collegians of the Nineteen Countries from that party are seated opposite the governing party, next to the Speaker of the Realm Parliament. The Speaker has the power to remove an existing Head of Opposition, if two or more non-governing parties have clear leading power to represent the opposition (i.e. through equally or almost equally high number of popular votes from Ream Parliamentary Election). The Head of the Opposition has all the privileges of a Chancellor, with the exception of tools of governance, and is given full knowledge oft things happening concerning Yohannes, such as commerce and trade, intelligence, and other important nation state matters.
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Chapter I - Democracy of the People

Postby Yohannes » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:27 pm

Chapter I — Democracy of the People

In this first chapter, following the closing of the Introduction of Six Introductory Principles in the Realm of Yohannes, will be recorded the principles of democracy of the people. The first chapter comprises the following short stories:

Last edited by Yohannes on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:02 am, edited 113 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

1. Imperial Electoral Structure

Postby Yohannes » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:03 pm

1. Imperial Electoral Structure

Edited from the archive of The Honourable Claudia Wintergreen, Ninety-Eighth Elected Member for the Halsten Electorate.

I remember the first election taking place in the Kingdom of Alexandria under the Personalised Proportional Representation. It was... boring. Ugh. I understand now, looking back, why it was boring to watch the whole thing then. It was... robotic. There were no characters involved, no one saying controversial things. No one rocking the boat. It was steady as she goes, as far as elections are concerned. And the reason for that was probably because no one really knew what to expect. The campaign was around nine months long, I think. Now, mind you, this was back in 1998. I was only a first year university student back then. Okay, I mean, when we look at today’s Yohannes: The Right Honourable Loseton Petres and his by now overused and boring anti-immigration related catchphrases, The Honourable Madeline Söderberg and her recycle properly because it minimises waste treatment cost quotes, etc... we know, they are, like, dumb. Ya know? They are intended for only specific sectors of the electorate: whether they are the... racists... or the very much responsible mother earth type like, well, myself. We all know elections held throughout the nineteen countries nowadays are fun, interesting, and filled with dramatic pesonalities, to balance the boring figures. Well, to be honest, I don’t know what they are like in the Regency of Lindblum, the Kingdom of Burmecia, or the Grand Duchy of Treno. But, in our kingdom Alexandria? They are fun to watch, that’s for sure.

Not so back then. You see, no one really knew what to expect back during the 1998 election. Before then, successive elections at the imperial level used the first past the post system, or the FPP system. This was straight taken out from the foreign Constitution of Bigtopia. Copy and paste. Simple as that. But then, you see, really, I mean like, who wants copy and paste election system for their NationState? Not us, that’s for sure. So we’ve developed our own unique system; a fusion of the existing Maxtopian mixed proportional representation system and the Bigtopian one previously adopted.

Now, I don’t know why I was chosen to write this chapter... let alone why the editors told me to write, quote unquote, in my own style, and like myself, not to pretend to be anyone else. Am I good enough? I don’t know. I feel very privileged, and humbled, to be an Electoral Member to represent the people in my electorate. I live everyday knowing that only in Yohannes is my story possible, that out of the stories of everyday women and men walking the streets of my electorate; the single mother raising her child whilst working part time at CuppaCoffee and studying full time at the University of Yohannes, she’s just like my grandmother; the working dad who are coming home, smiling in front of his family, not knowing whether the local Pearson assembly plant will terminate his contract next week; he’s just like my uncle. The young university student studying hard to finish her degree whilst working afternoon shifts at her local Bank of Yohannes branch; she’s just like me back then. And finally, the industrialist who opened up a VMK manufacturing facility struggling to pay his staff in the middle of a mini recession? He’s just like my dad.

You see, the stories of everyday women and men walking the streets of my electorate are my stories too. They are part of a single story of the Yohannesian dream. And that is why I wake up, going about my day, everyday, knowing that I am forever grateful for being born in my country the Kingdom of Alexandria, and for being citizen of the Nineteen Countries. I want to believe... that, by writing this chapter, storytelling about the way things work in Yohannes in this chapter for the compilation, I can repay my debt of gratitude for being elected as an Electoral Member to represent the people of my electorate.

I call this chapter, to quote, Democracy of the People, because I want to believe that democracy is well and truly alive in Yohannes the nation state.
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

1.1. Personalised Proportional Representation

Postby Yohannes » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:30 pm

1.1. Personalised Proportional Representation

The first recorded election for Parliamentary Members took place for over six months in 1786, in time for parliament to establish its first Act, the Foreign Mission Act 1787. It sent three hundred and fifty of the brightest academics and students of higher learning in the nineteen countries abroad to study the art of foreign industrialisation and modernise the Yohannesian economy. Because of the urgent nature of the Act, the voting process involved was haphazard and undemocratic by the standard of today. It contrasted sharply with legislative decision-making standard in contemporary Yohannes, which was first cemented by the Imperial Electoral Act 1871, and amended further in 1939 and 1990.

There are nineteen countries in Yohannes the continent, and each country undertakes general election with their own electoral system. At the top level, however, that of the realm (Reich) or imperial level, there were two electoral systems used before the adoption of the PPR: the first and for the longest time, the First Past the Post (FPP) system, and the second, unofficially brief one, the Mixed Member Proportional (MMP) system.

The First Past the Post system was adopted from the Constitution of Bigtopia. It was a proven electoral system which was used already in multiple nation states in the West Pacific, the East Pacific, the North Pacific, Lazarus, and other major regions, to where Yohannesian academics and students were once sent, according to the Foreign Mission Act 1787, to study the art of foreign industrialisation and modernise the Yohannesian economy.

Under FPP, the parliamentary candidate who secured the largest number of votes in her or his electorate would be elected as an Electoral Member of the Realm Parliament. Some metropolitan and urban areas in Yohannes, mostly those with the highest population density, had multiple-member electorates, where more than one parliamentary candidate would be selected from that electorate. This system was used up to the 1990 election, by which time the MMP system was finally adopted.

The Mixed Member Proportional system, first adopted and used in the 1990 election, was the second, temporary system chosen to replace the FPP. It was adopted from Maxtopia, and allowed for two types of parliamentary members: electoral and listed. An electoral member is the parliamentary candidate who has secured the largest number of votes in her or his electorate. A listed member is the parliamentary candidate who has been chosen by her or his political party. The MMP system was an unofficial, temporary replacement, making way for the system used in the Nineteen Countries today — the Personalised Proportional Representation system.

The Personalised Proportional Representation system (PPR), first adopted and used by the time of the 1998 election, is the present electoral system of the nineteen countries at the imperial level. It combines features of the Bigtopian FPP and PPR and the Maxtopian MMP to create a specialised system more in line with Yohannesian culture and tradition. It was further created to cater to the central agenda of the Realm Government: the preservation of Yohannesian commerce, industry and trade outside Yohannes the continent.

The PPR system, similar to the MMP, was designed to ensure that the make up of the legislative body, the Realm Parliament, would better reflect the make up of the Yohannesian population, whether by political allegiance, race or religion. It allows for a voter of an electorate to vote twice: for a candidate of her or his electorate and for the political party of her or his choice. The candidate chosen for that electorate who has secured the largest number of votes will become an Electoral Member to represent that electorate. The second vote of party allegiance from multiple electorates will allow Yohannesian political parties to register their listed candidates as Listed Members for their parties.

Unlike the MMP system, there is a strict restriction as to the type of individuals that can be chosen to become a Listed Member of the Realm Parliament. A possible listed candidate must be accredited as either a Business Leader, Community Leader, Innovator, or Research Fellow. Official accreditation can only be given by a Justice of the Peace of the Nineteen Countries, accredited as follows:

• A Business Leader is someone who has proven commercial and trading experience, both in Yohannes and overseas.

• A Community Leader is someone who has proven social work and community organising experience, whether cultural, religious or other such things, in Yohannes.

• An Innovator is someone who has patented ideas, technologies, or other academic and material innovations in Yohannes or overseas.

• A Research Fellow is someone who has contributed to important education initiatives or schemes in Yohannes, and has been accredited as a member of either an institution of higher learning, engineering, or science.
A Listed candidate for her or his political party must be accredited by at least one Justice of the Peace of the Nineteen Countries. A Listed candidate must also pass the fifth and final criterion:

• A Listed Member must have no criminal record, and must be proven as a person of moral values.
Many political pundits in Yohannes dislike the restriction placed on a Listed candidate. Some say that it is undemocratic. Some say that it prioritises commerce, trade, and economic growth over political freedom. As a specialised, unique electoral system, however, the Yohannesian PPR system has been proven as the right system for the people and culture of a nation that was once almost colonised, and had to modernise and industrialise to maintain its independence historically.

There is truth, however, to the assertion that the unintended consequence of the PPR system is the fact that a political party has tend to choose their most qualified candidates, whether by academic, business, cultural, or technological credentials, to become their Listed representatives. It means that the candidates with the highest profiles at the imperial level, or those charismatic candidates who are most popular in their respective communities or electorates, tend to be chosen to run as Electoral Members to represent their respective electorates.

The PPR has prevented the proliferation of low profile, entirely political candidates, which lack academic and material credentials, at the list of a political party, for the Justices of the Peace of the Nineteen Countries would automatically reject their selection as a Listed Member to represent their party in parliament.
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

1.2. The Imperial Electoral Court

Postby Yohannes » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:40 pm

1.2. The Imperial Electoral Court

The Imperial Electoral Amendment Act 1990 created the Imperial Electoral Court, answerable to the Justices of the Peace, to administer the registration, at the Imperial level, of political parties, and carry out important duties in relation to the Realm election system. It checks once every three years the registration of new, if there are any, political parties, and put into the Realm Gazette their official logos and images. The Imperial Electoral Court also maintains the official list of individuals in each electorate who can vote in the quadrennial Realm Election.

Under the Imperial Electoral Amendment Act 1990, the Imperial Electoral Court, despite its name, is the ultimate overseer of parliamentary related affairs, such as local by elections or referendums. Under normal parliamentary election years, it reviews the performance of the Imperial Election Committee, which is an entity created since the beginning of democracy in the nineteen countries. Together with the election committee, the electoral court administers funding given by the Select Committee on Ways and Means for political parties and their related affairs, such as advertisements, public broadcasting and the like. It naturally therefore also reviews party related election expenses, and must report unusual findings to the Justices of the Peace. Political donations above the value of 100 Quertz russling must be reported to the court.

The Imperial Electoral Court, operating on the ground under the name of the Imperial Election Committee, is responsible before the law for the ethical and neutral advertising of Realm-wide election related matters throughout the nineteen countries. Because of the especially sensitive nature of its responsibilities, the Justices of the Peace has regularly checked, since the amendment in 1990, the situation in every quadrennial Realm Parliamentary election to see whether electoral related advertising has unfairly treated or negatively affected the performance of any political party in Yohannes. The committee is also required by law to send representatives, once every year, to state and state-integrated secondary schools all around the nineteen countries to educate the next generation of Yohannesians about the characteristics and nature of the Nineteen Countries’ quadrennial Realm Parliamentary elections.

The Imperial Electoral Court is headed by three executives, each providing checks and balances against the other: the Imperial Electoral Officer, the Electoral Chief Executive, and the Field Marshal of Imperial Subpoena. They are appointed by the Chancellor, with the Emperor having veto power as to their appointments, and parliament having the power to review their performance once every normal election period.
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

1.3. Imperial Electoral Examination

Postby Yohannes » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:33 pm

1.3. Imperial Electoral Examination

The nature of the Yohannesian Personalised Proportional Representation system and how it operates domestically are subject to annual review by both the Imperial Electoral Court and, occasionally, the Justices of the Peace. The Imperial Electoral Act requires the electoral court, no later than a year after the return of the Imperial Subpoena by the conclusion of a normal Realm election cycle, to report to the Emperor concerning the administration of the election, and the Emperor is required to report to the old parliament before the sitting of the new parliament to replace it. The Emperor reports on the facilities and services provided to the imperial electors during realm-wide voting, explains statistics of enrollment and voting useful for future historians, reports unusual issues detected during the election and required administrative and legislative revisions to make future elections better, and other matters relating to election which the Emperor sees as relevant.

In 2016, two years after the historical election of The Right Honourable Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn, the first lesbian Chancellor in Yohannes, Her Majesty Garnet til Alexandros the Queen of Alexandria, in her position as a temporary, non-elected Emperor, established the Imperial Committee of Electoral Minority Equality to review the nature of equality for racial and sexual minorities in Imperial politics and election. There were a few protests, mainly from the minority of ardent religious and far-right groups, concerning the way Queen Garnet had exploited the Office of the Emperor to advance a certain cause. In a spectacular show of support, however, more than 70 per cent of Parliamentary Members and the Elected Collegians — the first in parliamentary history that such a high percentage of legislators have ever voted one way — supported the initiative of the Alexandrian Queen. The Imperial Electoral Court and the Justices of the Peace examined the legality of the situation, and dismissed the charges of unconstitutional action directed against Queen Garnet.

The latest Ardenfontein-Löfgren political poll conducted around the nineteen countries has indicated that, for the incoming election year of 2018 for the Office of the Emperor, the [then emperor] young Queen Garnet til Alexandros of the Kingdom of Alexandria is still predicted as the leading candidate, having the support of 365 of Imperial Electoral College votes in total, and 53 per cent of the popular votes throughout the nineteen countries. If proven right, it would mark the first, in Yohannesian history, that the Office of the Emperor and the Office of the Chancellor together, and contested at the same election year, are held by women. Pundit and observers predicted that the pro-minority and unabashedly proud feminist Alexandrian Queen Garnet and Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn would run as election partners, not dissimilar to the electoral partnership of a president and vice president in a republic.

Such a situation did present a unique opportunity, where it would be possible for a Yohannesian Emperor to exercise extensive executive power for the first time since the Second Industrial Growth Era. However, this was later invalidated by the fact that Garnet announced her intention to retire from politics in December 2017, which was then followed by a heavy defeat experienced by the Christian Democratic Party in the 2018 Electoral College Election for the Office of the Emperor.

At the same time that such an unusual election would be held, the Imperial Electoral Court must undertake a mandatory review of the personalised proportional representation system before parliament, with the latest report due for the commission involved before the end of 2019. For that reason, the Imperial Electoral Court did expect that the year of 2018 would be a turbulent one for Yohannesian politics, and possibly diplomacy, with even more familiar and colourful personalities such as the anti-immigration, far right populist former leader of Yohannes First The Right Honourable Loseton Petres who stood at 10.5 per cent for the preferred Chancellor poll, or The Honourable Madeline Söderberg, a former Leader of the Green Party and a popular face for younger urban Yohannesians, who stood far opposite of Mr Petres on many social and economic issues.

Only time will tell what the year 2018 will bring for the future of 379 million Yohannesians in the nineteen countries.
Last edited by Yohannes on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

1.4. Office of the Chancellor

Postby Yohannes » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:28 pm

Christian Democratic Party Ticket, 2018 [Office of the Emperor — withdrawn] [Office of the Chancellor]

Previous incumbent of the Office of the Emperor

Candidate name: Her Majesty Garnet til Alexandros, Queen of Alexandria
Candidate age: Born 18 February, 1993 (24 years of age)
Candidate family: Her Royal Highness the Former Queen, Princess Brahne Raza Alexandros XVI (mother, age: 54), His Royal Majesty the Sovereign of Lindblum, Regent Cid Fabool IX (uncle, age: 61)
Candidate marital status: Single
Candidate heritage: 37% Alexandrian, 25% Lindblum, 15% general Yohannesian, 7% Nomuri, 5% Moorian
Candidate biography:
    Garnet Til Alexandros XVII (born 18 February, 1993) is a Yohannesian politician who served as the 17th Yohannesian Emperor from 2016 to 2017. She is the first woman and millennial to have served as a temporary, non-elected Emperor. She is a constitutional, titular sovereign of the Kingdom of Alexandria, and previously served in the Imperial Electoral College representing Alexandria from 2013 to 2016.

Garnet was born in the Grand Duchy of Dali, Southeast Alexandria, three years after the Dalian parliament had passed the Civil Rights Act, enshrining the rights of LGBT, racial, and religious minorities to reign as sovereign of that country, the last to do so of the nineteen countries. Raised largely in Dali, isolated from the confines of royal glamour and life of the capital Royal Alexandria, Garnet also spent one year of her childhood in Argentinstan. After graduating from the Royal Alexandria College of Medicine, she worked as a full-time volunteer doctor and part-time community organiser in Diarcesia. In 2007 Garnet applied and won the Ardenfontein Scholars, a title given to promising young graduates throughout the nineteen countries, allowing her to assume a seat in the World Assembly to represent Yohannes as a member of the World Assembly Office of the Nineteen Countries.

When her mother the then Queen of Alexandria Brahne voluntarily abdicated her throne to give way for her only child and daughter, Garnet became the titular sovereign of Alexandria, acquiring the title Queen of Alexandria as its thirty-fifth symbolical, constitutional monarch. Garnet represented the 14th District of Alexandria when she ran for its allocated Imperial Electoral College seat in 2012. Garnet received empire-wide attention the following year, with her unexpected primary win, her well-received Christian Democratic National Convention keynote address, and her landslide February election to the Electoral College, becoming the first millennial and youngest woman in imperial history to do so. In 2015, Garnet was hurriedly nominated as a temporary Emperor by the Christian Democratic Party Committee, to replace the then Emperor Daniel Westernmost, who passed away whilst holding office. After a close primary campaign against William of Shiring, she won the nomination and was automatically inaugurated as temporary Emperor for the Christian Democratic Party in March 2016.

Garnet finished her brief, non elected temporary term in December 2017 with a 61% approval rating. Although she did initially announce her intention to run for Emperor for the 2018 election in July 2016, in December 2017 she withdrew her candidacy and announced her decision to retire from politics to spend more time with her mother the Former Queen of Alexandria, stating that she had “never seen herself as a career politician”, and that “this [2017] feels the right time to go.”

Garnet Til Alexandros’ tenure ended at noon on March 21, 2018, the day before the inauguration of her GOP successor, Marion Maréchal-Le Men.
Candidate for the Office of the Chancellor

Candidate name: The Right Honourable Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn, Member of Imperial Parliament for the Altbrandenburg Electorate
Candidate age: Born 27 May, 1974 (43 years of age)
Candidate family: Dr Ngaire Göransson Aperahama (husband, age: 43), Elisa Aperahama-Stevensonn (daughter, age: 9), Annabelle Aperahama-Stevensonn (daughter, age: 7)
Candidate marital status: Married
Candidate heritage: 61% Lindblum, 25% general Yohannesian, 5% Yohānnesi
Candidate biography:
    Annabelle Thorndon-Stevensonn, The Right Honourable of the Nineteen Countries, is a Yohannesian politician and former navy captain who has served as the 47th and current Chancellor of the Nineteen Countries since 2014 and who served as the 37th Prime Minister of the Regency of Lindblum from 2008 to 2012. She is the Christian Democratic Party’s nominee for the Office of the Chancellor of the Nineteen Countries in the 2018 Parliamentary Election.

Raised in the Royal Realm of Cleyra by her parents George Thorndon and Claudia Stevensonn, Annabelle spent 3 years in Hihon as a missionary for the Reformist Church of Yohannes, starting in 1992. Annabelle followed her father and grandfather, both accomplished Vice-Admirals of Lindblum, into the Commonwealth Navy Academy, graduating in 1996. She briefly participated in overseas peacekeeping efforts on behalf of the Yohannesian World Assembly Naval Mission, and retired from the navy as a captain in 2000. She studied Law at the University of Yohannes, graduating in 2004 whilst working at a management consulting firm, Alexandria Capital. She married her long-time partner, Ms Ngaire Aperahama in that same year. Rising through the ranks of Alexandria Capital on the back of her military reputation and hard work, she later served as the first female Chief Executive Officer of Alexandria Capital.

After coming into contact and supported by various lobby interests in Alexandria, Annabelle ran as the Christian Democratic prime ministerial candidate in the 2008 National Election of Lindblum. Elected in February 2008, Annabelle successfully pushed for the reform of the Lindblum nationwide healthcare programme, whilst turning government deficit of $1.9 billion into a surplus of $320 million in 2010. As Prime Minister, her government maintained treasury surplus for the Regency of Lindblum throughout the rest of her term. She did not seek reelection in 2012, instead focusing on her empire-wide campaign for the Christian Democratic nomination in the 2014 Imperial Election for the Office of the Chancellor. She won the 2014 Christian Democratic nomination, becoming the first woman and lesbian to do so.

Annabelle won the 2014 Parliamentary Election for the Office of the Chancellor, making her the first lesbian Chancellor of the Nineteen Countries.
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:40 am, edited 20 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

2. Imperial Parliamentary Structure

Postby Yohannes » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:32 pm

2. Imperial Parliamentary Structure

The first Imperial Parliament was made up of fifty-one Members when it was assembled in 1786. This number was decided by the first elected Yohannesian Emperor, Albert the Third of Lindblum, under his provisional capacity and with agreement of the nineteen sovereigns. Naturally, the gradually evolving Imperial Parliament, as a constitutionally rightful legislative body of its own, was destined to take into its own hand the structure of its institution and subordinate bodies.

The modern legislative body, the One Hundred and Fifteenth Imperial Parliament of the Nineteen Countries, follows the practice of its predecessors in not enacting into its will the specific and absolute limitation of its Members, in terms of number. This, in fact, has long been the privileges of the Imperial Electoral Court, although officially it should fall under the authority of the Justices of the Peace. Taking into account the Imperial Electoral Census of 2014, of 379 million people estimated empire-wide, the membership of the Imperial Parliament in the 2018 Imperial Election for the Office of the Emperor and the Chancellor would stand at 435, whilst the membership of the Imperial Electoral College, the de facto upper chamber which resembles a united legislative body with the Imperial Parliament, would stand at 100.

Under this section will be explained in detail the structure of the Imperial Parliament and the Electoral College; how the popular votes of the people and the introduction of the personalised proportional representation in 1990 have influenced the pattern of imperial governance since the late eighteenth century; and how this pattern would allow observers to predict the results of the 2018 Imperial Election.
Last edited by Yohannes on Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

2.1. The Imperial Electoral College

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:58 pm

2.1. The Imperial Electoral College

The Imperial Electoral College is one of two original institutions created with the unification of nineteen Yohannesian countries in 1781. Originally resembling that of a consultative assembly, it was envisioned as a temporary body, to make way for the eventual establishment of the Imperial Parliament. However, as it tends to happen historically, things don’t always go according to plan. The parliament was eventually created, its composition agreed by each of the delegates of the nineteen countries. However, delegates of the three largest countries — the Kingdom of Alexandria, the Regency of Lindblum, and the Kingdom of Burmecia — received instructions from their sovereigns to sabotage proceedings in parliament.

As a result the sixteen monarchs worked together to force a compromise with the three largest countries in a last bid to preserve the independence of their countries. In exchange for practical Alexandrian, Burmecian, and Lindblum dominance in parliament, the electoral college was preserved as a permanent institution to provide a counterbalance solution. Albert the Third of Lindblum, Freya the Fifth of Burmecia, and Vivi Ornitier til Alexandros accepted this compromise, content with parliamentary rule, which was enough to shape the early days of foreign and domestic policies, allowing the nineteen countries to travel along largely Alexandrian, Burmecian, and Lindblum routes. They did not, however, envision that in a future Yohannes, the body they cast aside in favour of parliamentary rule would eventually hold the power to act as a balancing force against the heavy handed rules of Alexandria, Burmecia, and Lindblum. This did, however, happen gradually, allowing for each new generation of Yohannesians to absorb the subtle political change. Another reason was the more permanent, and less cyclical nature of the electoral college, in comparison to the parliament.

Today, the Imperial Electoral College is truly a force of its own, able to influence the shape of Yohannesian foreign policy, review internal empire-wide policies, and, most importantly, decide the fate of the incumbent Emperor. In order to become Emperor, the candidate for the Office of the Emperor in 2018 would have to garner the allegiance of at least 260 worth of electoral votes. With a total of 100 Collegians in 2017 from nineteen countries, each having a maximum worth of five votes to grab, and with the expected same number of Collegians for the 2018 Imperial Electoral College, based on the latest census undertaken by the Imperial Electoral Court, the candidate for the Office of the Emperor would need the maximum, full allegiance of at least five more countries, assuming they have garnered full allegiance from at least two of the three countries of Alexandria, Burmecia, and Lindblum.

As it is, the electoral college, for all intents and purposes, is the upper chamber of a de-facto bicameral legislature in Yohanes, representing the power of the nineteen countries as polities, with the unicameral Imperial Parliament acting as the de-facto lower chamber, representing the people of the nineteen countries.

The 115th Electoral College of the Nineteen Countries

President of the Electoral College
    • Her Majesty Garnet til Alexandros, Queen of the Kingdom of Alexandria, of the Christian Democratic Party - Christian Faction [Rose Pink], seated at the head, front centre of the assembly.
    • Is not an Elected Collegian [Since March 2016].
    President pro tempore of the Electoral College
    • His Royal Highness Akarana the Ninth, Grand Duke of the Grand Duchy of Donata, of Independent [Earth Brown], or no party, background, seated at the other end of the assembly, facing the President, seated far to her or his front.
    • Elected Collegian for the Grand Duchy of Donata, District One [Since January 1991].
    Majority Vice President
    • The Excellency Mr Erik Afzelius Holmström, President of the Merchant Republic of Landburg, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the other end of the assembly, on the left hand side of the President pro tempore.
    • Elected Collegian for the Merchant Republic of Landburg [Since January 2007].
    Minority Vice President
    • The Excellency Ms Britt-Louise Sandström Forsberg, President of the Merchant Republic of Alseca-Lorin, of the Green Party [Green], seated at the other end of the assembly, on the right hand side of the President pro tempore.
    • Elected Collegian for the Merchant Republic of Alseca-Lorin [Since January 2015].

The Kingdom of Alexandria
    National population: 79.59 million
    Electoral College: 15 Electors
    • Elected Collegian for the First Alexandrian District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Aliena of Shiring, the Nineteenth Earl of Stenmark[Note 1], of the Christian Democratic Party - Christian Faction [Rose Pink], seated at the front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Alexandrian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Adelbert Steiner, the Twenty-First Earl of Pluto, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Third Alexandrian District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Beatrix of the Hundred Knights, the Ninth Earl of Astrid, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Fourth Alexandrian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Otto Stern, the Fourteenth Viscount of Nottebohm, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Fifth Alexandrian District:
        The Honourable Mr Dominic Meissner, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Sixth Alexandrian District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Ester of Wechsler, the Sixteenth Earl of Schaffsiedeln, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Seventh Alexandrian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Övid of Naslund, the Thirteenth Earl of Laisä, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Eight Alexandrian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Daniel of Söderlund, the Ninth Viscount of Völkhofen, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Ninth Alexandrian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Dominik Oehlenschläger, the Eleventh Viscount of Gulleråsen, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1991].
    • Elected Collegian for the Tenth Alexandrian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Kristian Steinhäusser, the Third Viscount of Ulskov, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    The Regency of Lindblum
    National population: 81.30 million
    Electoral College: 16 Electors
    • Elected Collegian for the First Lindblum District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Kuja of Terra, the Fifteenth Earl of Rehn, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2015].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Lindblum District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Zezima of Falador, the Thirteenth Viscount of Drakenberg, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Third Lindblum District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Cornelia Lötvall, the Thirteenth Earl of Holmgren, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Fourth Lindblum District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Danielle of Clare, the Thirteenth Earl of Ennewig, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2015].
    • Elected Collegian for the Fifth Lindblum District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Daniel Kracht, the Fifth Earl of Arkmel, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Sixth Lindblum District:
        The Honourable Mr Theodor Eichhorn, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2015].
    • Elected Collegian for the Seventh Lindblum District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Filip Borg, the Fifteenth Viscount of Nesjahströnd, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Eight Lindblum District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Viola of Lagerkvist, the Seventh Earl of Mõisalamäe, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 2015].
    • Elected Collegian for the Ninth Lindblum District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Carsten Poland, the Thirteenth Viscount of Sortgrunn, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Tenth Lindblum District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Phillipp Habermann, the Fourth Viscount of Pfullendorf, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 2015].
    The Kingdom of Burmecia
    National population: 66.51 million
    Electoral College: 14 Electors
    • Elected Collegian for the First Burmecian District:
        The Right Honourable Mr Loseton Petres, of the Yohannes First Party [Purple], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1991].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Burmecian District:
        The Honourable Mr Thomas Aruhipa Baker, of the Yohannes First Party [Purple], seated at front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Third Burmecian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Gregory Russel Hamleigh, the Fourteenth Viscount of Dunedin, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1991].
    • Elected Collegian for the Fourth Burmecian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Matthias Lowe, the Twenty-First Earl of Kearley, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Fifth Burmecian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Clement of Dawn, the Seventeenth Earl of Weston, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Sixth Burmecian District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Caris of Follett, the Thirteenth Earl of Clindover, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Seventh Burmecian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Terrance Boone, the Fifth Viscount of Kensingmark, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Eight Burmecian District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Hollie Rosales, the Eighteenth Earl of Presfort, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Ninth Burmecian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Finlay Howard, the Twelfth Viscount of Dalholm, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Tenth Burmecian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Javon Fitzpatrick, the Sixth Viscount of Oreo, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2015].
    The Grand Duchy of Dali
    National population: 13.07 million
    Electoral College: 5 Electors
    • Elected Collegian for the First Dalian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Christian Jonsson, the Twenty-Eight Earl of Gloria, of the Yohannes First Party [Purple], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2015].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Dalian District:
        The Most Reverend Lord Johan Lundmark, the Twenty-First Archbishop of Dali, of the Yohannes First Party [Purple], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2015].
    • Elected Collegian for the Third Dalian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Lennart Tigerheart, the Seventeenth Viscount of Sundgau, of the Yohannes First Party [Purple], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2015].
    The Grand Duchy of Donata
    National population: 11.59 million
    • Elected Collegian for the First Donatello District:
        His Royal Highness Akarana the Ninth, Grand Duke of the Grand Duchy of Donata, of Independent [Earth Brown], or no party, background, seated at the other end of the assembly, facing the President, seated far to her or his front [Since January 1991].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Donatello District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Wilhelmina Malmberg, the Fifteenth Earl of Torva, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Third Donatello District:
        The Honourable Ms Greta Matilda Lindbergh, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    The Noble Republic of Treno
    National population: 10.80 million
    • Elected Collegian for the First Treno District:
        The Honourable Doctor Tot Tutor, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Treno District:
        His Illustrious Highness Johannes Alqvist, Crown Noble of Treno, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    The Grand Duchy of Kradenmark
    National population: 9.31 million
    Electoral College: 4 Electors
    • Elected Collegian for the First Kradenmark District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Melina Sandberg, the Seventeenth Viscount of Lindenburg, of the Green Party [Green], seated at front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Kradenmark District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Elina Linderoth, the Twenty-Third Earl of Marlström, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1991].
    The Duchy of Blomgren
    National population: 8.95 million
    Electoral College: 3 Electors
    • Elected Collegian for the First Blomgreni District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Lina Källström, the Twelfth Viscount of Malin, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Blomgreni District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Gertorn Norström, the Sixteenth Earl of Matteo, of the Christian Democratic Party - Christian Faction [Rose Pink], seated at the front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    The Merchant Republic of Alseca-Lorin
    National population: 7.40 million
    • Elected Collegian for the First Alseca-Lorinian District:
        The Excellency Ms Britt-Louise Sandström Forsberg, President of the Merchant Republic of Alseca-Lorin, of the Green Party [Green], seated at the other end of the assembly, on the right hand side of the President pro tempore. [Since January 2015].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Alseca-Lorinian District:
        The Honourable Mr Alexander Benjamin Schauman, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    The Merchant Republic of Landburg
    National population: 7.33 million
    • Elected Collegian for the First Landburger District:
        The Excellency Mr Erik Afzelius Holmström, President of the Merchant Republic of Landburg, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the other end of the assembly, on the left hand side of the President pro tempore [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Landburger District:
        The Honourable Mr Arvid Gregory Kroon, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    The Principality of Ahlgren
    National population: 7.19 million
    • Elected Collegian for the First Ahlgrenian District:
        His Serene Highness Ståle the Third, Prince of the Principality of Ahlgren, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1991].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Ahlgrenian District:
        His Serene Highness Ståle-Kristoffer, Princely Heir of the Principality of Ahlgren, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2015].
    • Elected Collegian for the Third Ahlgrenian District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Ruuben Järveläinen, the Fifteenth Viscount of Einlingen, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    The Unitary Republic of Molander
    National population: 27.31 million
    Electoral College: 8 Electors
    • Elected Collegian for the First Molanderian District:
        The Right Honourable Mr Pieter-Jan Vandekerckhove, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Molanderian District:
        The Honourable Mr Jules Yanille Vandenberghe, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Third Molanderian District:
        The Honourable Mr Jeremy Ilias Verdoodt, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2015].
    • Elected Collegian for the Fourth Molanderian District:
        The Honourable Mr Cedric De Doncker, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    The Democratic Republic of Cederström
    National population: 25.09 million
    Electoral College: 6 Electors
    • Elected Collegian for the First Cederi District:
        The Honourable Mr Steven Van Moorlehem, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Cederi District:
        The Right Honourable Mr Alexander Julian De Roock, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1991].
    • Elected Collegian for the Third Cederi District:
        The Honourable Mr Ewoud Ian Verhasselt, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the front, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Fourth Cederi District:
        The Right Honourable Mr Merthin Heymans Carpenter, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    The Royal Realm of Cleyra
    National population: 8.91 million
    • Elected Collegian for the First Cleyran District:
        The Right Honourable Lady Tilda Kivelä, the Twelfth Viscount of Rekola, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Cleyran District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Valdemar Simonen, the Ninth Earl of Tamminen, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Third Cleyran District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Osmo Nykänen, the Eleventh Viscount of Reykjarholl, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1991].
    The Duchy of Gizamaluke-Grotto
    National population: 5.70 million
    Electoral College: 2 Electors
    • Elected Collegian for the First Gizamaluke District:
        His Royal Highness Trystan the Fourth, Duke of the Duchy of Gizamaluke-Grotto, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Gizamaluke District:
        The Right Honourable Lord Mercher Bennion, the Fourteenth Earl of Firth, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the second row, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].
    The Duchy of Ice Cavern
    National population: 4.71 million
    Electoral College: 2 Electors
    • Elected Collegian for the First Ice Cavern District:
        His Royal Highness Myrddin the Third, Duke of the Duchy of Ice Cavern, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1991].
    • Elected Collegian for the Second Ice Cavern District:
        The Honourable Mr Kynwyl Roderick, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].
    The Principality of Mandragora
    National population: 1.93 million
    Electoral College: 1 Elector
    • Elected Collegian for the Mandragoran District:
        His Serene Highness Adelbert the Seventh, Prince of the Principality of Mandragora, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at front, left hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].

The City State of Crescent
    National population: 1.18 million
    • Elected Collegian for the Crescent District:
        The Honourable Mr Jonas Ole Schneiderman, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 2007].

The City State of Coral
    National population: 1.02 million
    • Elected Collegian for the Coralian District:
        The Honourable Ms Jaqueline Luzia Feuchtwanger, of the Green Party [Green], seated at the second row, right hand side of the assembly [Since January 1999].

Note 1: In Yohannes, just like the word Emperor is interchangeably used for male or female incumbent, the word 'Earl', and most other titles do not discriminate between the gender male or female (with the exception of 'Lord', accompanied as it is with the word 'Lady' for its female counterpart).
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:42 pm, edited 30 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

2.1 The Imperial Electoral College (Continued)

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:06 pm

[ Out of Character message by the author: Reserved for the eventual long list of Elected Collegian ]
Last edited by Yohannes on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

2.2. Popular Votes in the Nineteen Countries

Postby Yohannes » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:36 pm

2.2. Popular Votes in the Nineteen Countries

The authority of popular votes in the nineteen countries is vested in a unicameral legislative body officially called the Imperial Parliament. This is not, however, the real, or the whole Legislature, in so far as the introductory principles of the limited separation of powers, the three executive, and the will of parliament are concerned.

This unicameral legislative body is in fact the lower chamber of a de-facto bicameral legislature in Yohanes, allowing the people, through popular vote, to let their voices be heard on foreign policy and domestic decision making process. Envisioned by the founding monarchs of the nineteen countries as the forum where public related matters can be discussed and debated freely, however, the parliament had occasionally failed to accomplish just that; two historical examples were the crackdown on freedom of speech of reactionary parties during the 1787 Anti Industrialisation movement with the aid of the then newly formed Imperial Army, and the unconstitutional bans on student protest and related movement during the height of the 1951 Civil Rights and LGBT movement. The Imperial Parliament has not realised the original dreams of the founding monarchs without intermittent periods of failure, here and there.

It has, however, succeeded in realising its most important long-term objective: the industrialisation and modernisation of the nineteen countries, and the subsequent salvation of its people and economy from the forces of foreign extraterritorial subjugation and imperial colonialism. The focus on economy can be seen by the introduction of the PPR system, which was assembled and voted on by Interparty consensus. As a legislative body, it has stood the test of time, being equal under the law with the Electoral College, Justices of the Peace, and the three Executive. According to the hastily assembled, provisional Old Constitution of the Nineteen Countries, “The first minister creates laws, the electoral college parliament tables laws, and the emperor approves laws.“ The respective government ministries can then execute these laws.” However, according to the introductory principle of The Will of Parliament, the ‘first minister’, who is the Chancellor of today, cannot complete her or his tasks without close cooperation with the Imperial Parliament proper.

From the Electoral Census of 2014’s figures of 379 million people empire-wide, the number of seats in the Imperial Parliament proper for the 2018 Election for the Office of the Emperor and the Chancellor has been predicted at 435.

The 230th Parliament of the Nineteen Countries

Speaker of the Imperial Parliament
    The Right Honourable Saul Ryan, Member of Imperial Parliament for the Weirconsin Electorate, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the head, front centre of the assembly [Since January 2015].
Majority Leader pro tempore
    The Honourable Claudia Wintergreen, Emperor’s Counsel, Member of Imperial Parliament for the Halsten Electorate, of the Christian Democratic Party - Democratic Faction [Soft Blue], seated at the head, on the left hand side of the Speaker [Since March 2014].
Minority Leader
    The Right Honourable Jeremy Robyn, Member of Imperial Parliament for the Clearingtonne Electorate, of the Social Democratic Party [Orange], seated at the head, on the right hand side of the Speaker [Since March 1999].
Judicature Overseer
    The Right Honourable Olivia Christensen, the Imperial Chief Justice of the Peace, seated at the head, on the right hand side of the Speaker [Since November 2016].

The Kingdom of Alexandria
National population: 79.59 million
Parliamentarian: 91 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Christian: 2
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 12
  • Green: 3
  • Independent: 0
  • Social Democratic: 9
  • Yohannes First: 1
  • Directory:
      Berg, Milan [SD][Höjdstigen] - Björk, Deniz [YF][Syrengården] - Björk, Tora [CD-C][Kvillevägen], Bode, Bernhard [G][Nederbro] - Glehn, Cäcilia [SD][Salakums] - Grünberg, Tim [SD][Suurme] - Heinig, Jörn [CD-D][Varmahrás] - Kaulbach, Angela [CD-D][Kalde] - Mauss, Heiner [CD-D][Hässlefors] - Meyer, Felix [SD][Arendsee] - Liebermann, Georg [SD][Immenschau] - Lindström, Abdullahi [CD-D][Gulleråsen] - Lundberg, Roger [SD][Sörbylund] - Lundqvist, Juni [G][Östanlid] - Scheidemann, Matthias [CD-D][Byggðakjarhverfi] - Segert, Felicia [CD-D][Simmune] - Spitzer, Paulus [CD-D][Altenmarkt] - Steinbacher, Margareta [SD][Laisä] - Steuermann, Fabian [CD-D][Porrenstein] - Strecker, Marianne [CD-D][Wittenbach] - Svensson, Xander [SD][Violvägen], Thalmann, Ruprecht [G][Ulskov] - Van Houten, Nadine [CD-C][Völkhofen] - Weller, Eric [CD-D][Heihamina] - Wernicke, Adalbert [SD][Ringholm] - Windischmann, Tilman [CD-D][Leonstatt] - Wintergreen, Claudia [CD-D][Halsten]

The Regency of Lindblum
National population: 81.30 million
Parliamentarian: 93 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 10
  • Green: 2
  • Social Democratic: 18
  • Directory:
      Bos, Unke [CD-D][Vienazi] - De Haan, Elise [SD][Nesjahströnd] - De Hoop, Heico [SD][Salaclosta] - De Jager, Elisabeth [CD-D][Mõisalamäe] - Glöckner, Emanuel [CD-C][Barhausen] - Goldblatt, Eckhard [SD][Fürstendorf] - Groeneveld, Jolt [CD-D][Jørpesnes] - Heida, Nelis [CD-D][Uktai] - Hoekstra, Adela [CD-D][Stocklanda] - Hofman, Meile [CD-C][Kópalavik] - Höffner, Alfred [SD][Aarseen] - Hylkema, Jenneke [SD][Obelpeda] - Kallenbach, Käte [SD][Neudorf] - Kessler, Rüdiger [SD][Arkmel] - Kloosterman, Jildert [YF][Kalapiö] - Kootstra, Heie [CD-D][Kópasstaðir] - Miedema, Jeppe [SD][Kundi] - Oosterbaan, Lubbert [CD-D][Narsøra] - Reitsma, Fedderik [CD-D][Kanna] - Thorndon-Stevensonn, Annabelle [CD-D][Altbrandenburg] - Van Der Ley, Salves [SD][Selgarás] - Schildkraut, Antonin [SD][Pfullendorf] - Schünemann, Emmeline [SD][Westerzaal] - Van Der Plaats, Lute [SD][Tinglund] - Van Der Sluis, Wolter [SD][Alinghärad] - Veenstra, Gabrielle [SD][Daugavbate] - Veldman, Roeltsje [SD][Sortgrunn] - Visser, Uble [SD][Rosrup] - Von Weber, Magdalena [SD][Groneuzen] - Wassenaar, Aaldert [SD][Seterhelle] - Wielinga, Anne [G][Nemencius] - Wigbolt, Lukas [G][Nosämäki] - Zwart, Loeke [CD-D][Kybarmune]

The Kingdom of Burmecia
National population: 66.51 million
Parliamentarian: 76 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Christian: 1
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 6
  • Social Democratic: 13
  • Yohannes First: 4
  • Directory:
      Anderson, Oliver [CD-D][Kearley] - Ashwell, Patrick [SD][Dorter] - Atkinson, Arthur [G][Dalholm] - Bonner, John [SD][Oreo] - Chump, Ronald [SD][New Cleyra] - Evans, Bailey [CD-C][Manshire] - Dawson, Edward [CD-D][Groriden] - Fallage, Nickel [YF][South East Burmecia] - Fletcher, Kayla [G][Weston] - Harrison, Duncan [CD-D][Gracedean] - Harston, Nicholas [SD][Ashpon] - Johnson, Doris [SD][Rondown] - Le Men, Pauline [YF][Pan-de-Tallinn] - Mattingley, Louise [SD][Readwell] - McCarthy, Harley [CD-D][Clarenduff] - Mulford, Anthony [SD][Presfort] - Palin, Clara [SD][Alanka] - Pembleton, Joseph [SD][Clindover] - Robinson, Emma [SD][Birmingminster] - Robinson, Jonathan [CD-D][Normouth] - Robyn, Jeremy [SD][Clearingtonne] - Ryan, Saul [SD][Weirconsin] - Stoneware, Kellyanne [YF][Old Hershsey] - Twogabe, Robert [YF][Timetable] - Webster, Zoe [SD][Saint Elisabeth] - Zimmerman, Rose [CD-D][Kensingmark]

The Grand Duchy of Dali
National population: 13.07 million
Parliamentarian: 15 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 3
  • Green: 0
  • Social Democratic: 7
  • Yohannes First: 3
  • Directory:
      Almgren, Tyres [SD][Villuoja] - Almqvist, Nils [CD-D][Marieland] - Edström, Jan [CD-C][Huahólmur] - Fältskog, Mikael [YF][CD-C] - Fredholm, Arendt [YF][Tårnlev] - Hallström, Vensel [CD-D][Mosfellshöfn] - Holmlund, Alexander [YF][Landshärad] - Isaksson, Isabella [YF][Hønedal] - Nordin, Magnus [SD][Dybby] - Östberg, Sara [SD][Stjørdalskjer] - Östlund, André [Sognsøra][CD-D] - Södergren, Gjöl [SD][Esbæk] - Strömberg, Samuel [SD][Širkos] - Sundström, Tobias [SD][Orstad] - Wikström, Roger [SD][Tõrri]

The Grand Duchy of Donata
National population: 11.59 million
Parliamentarian: 13 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Christian: 0
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 9
  • Green: 1
  • Social Democratic: 3
  • Yohannes First: 0
  • Directory:
      Allemann, Chloe [CD-D][Järventee] - Asgeirsson, Timoteus [CD-D][Skrunza] - Eggertsson, Stanley [CD-D][Pasvis] - Häberli, Ryan [SD][Sóljavík] - Ingimagnsson, Unnsteinn [CD-D][Suursuu] - Isaksson, Maj-Britt [CD-D][Silketrup] - Jesson, Ingvar [SD][Kalma] - Josafatsson, Haflidi [SD][Rigulda] - Neumeister, Gene [CD-D][Breiðdalsnagil] - Östberg, Ingrid [G][Halbjerg] - Sjöholm, Oscar [CD-D][Ähtäkumpu] - Sundström, Hindrik [CD-D][Jõgevee] - Wallenberg, Sten [CD-D][Kópasreykir]

The Noble Republic of Treno
National population: 10.80 million
Parliamentarian: 12 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 9
  • Social Democratic: 2
  • Directory:
      Breytenbach, Florentine [CD-D][Friedscheid] - Diederich, Eckardt [CD-D][Arnswagen] - Löw, Adam [CD-D][Nieuwlare] - Ortmann, Arnold [SD][Dornzing] - Schickendantz, Nikolaus [CD-D][Spreitensingen] - Schöpfer, Markus [SD][Woudnisse] - Rothman, Helena [G][Spreitenkirch] - Schünemann, Rose [CD-D][Zuiderhoven] - Staudenmaier, Emilia [CD-D][Zuiderzaal] - Strittmatter, Helge [Frauencour][CD-D] - Waldmüller, Gunter [CD-D][Griesfurt] - Wissmann, Silvester [CD-D][Dillenräschen]

The Grand Duchy of Kradenmark
National population: 9.31 million
Parliamentarian: 11 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 6
  • Independent: 1
  • Directory:
      Bodenheimer, Günther [CD-D][Waldentern] - Bötticher, Gabriele [CD-D][Kirchkirchen] - Buchman, Fabio [SD][Salzstatt] - Eichmann, Torben [IND][Houilès] - Hammarberg, Julian [CD-D][Tüluoja] - Lundström, Fiona [SD][Manhamn] - Olofsson, Wilmer [YF][Öholm] - Pettersson, Thomas [CD-D][Brumundland] - Schuhbeck, Helibert [CD-D][Waldentern] - Schult, Marco [CD-D][Windningen] - Schünemann, Theresa [SD][Großenlug]

The Duchy of Blomgren
National population: 8.95 million
Parliamentarian: 10 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 5
  • Directory:
      Geertsma, Edou [SD][Rankmarkt] - Hiemstra, Liebe [SD][Heerlen] - Koopman, Haike [CD-D][Eekstraten] - Nieuwenhuis, Ljipke [CD-D][Naamwerpen] - Riemersma, Jaring [G][Rheidorf] - Smit, Hauk [CD-C][Kirchheim] - Snijder, Tsjiete [CD-D][Trosill] - Stienstra, Bearnt [YF][Roosenmuiden] - Wielinga, Emma [CD-D][Heerlen] - Wieringa, Melkert [CD-D][Dübenpen]

The Merchant Republic of Alseca-Lorin
National population: 7.40 million
Parliamentarian: 9 Members
Party:
  • Social Democratic: 1
  • Directory:
      Azéma, Roland [G][Yougney] - Bechard, Nathanaël [CD-D][Tougnan] - Chardin, Barthélemy [CD-D][Linoît] - De Saint-Pierre, Djeferson [SD][Levanau] - Lièvremont, Joseph [CD-C][Nanssis] - Ménard, Adam [CD-D][Dorstedt] - Moreau, Hervé [YF][Belway] - Pueyrredón, Félicité [CD-C][Montlun] - Rousseau, Cécile [G][Arlee]

The Merchant Republic of Landburg
National population: 7.33 million
Parliamentarian: 8 Members
Party:
  • Directory:
      Eichmann, Hanna [SD][Münchenmôtier] - Goethe, Ferdinand [CD-D][Hallzing] - Kirchweger, Emily [CD-D][Bremstadt] - Köhler, Jakob [SD][Zouterborg] - Mergenthaler, Olivia [G][Schärein] - Musäus, Bernhart [IND][Essbeuren] - Steinhäusser, Wendelin [SD][Frisee] - Wiener, Martin [CD-D][Freudenbrück]

The Principality of Ahlgren
National population: 7.19 million
Parliamentarian: 8 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Christian: 3
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 1
  • Yohannes First: 2
  • Directory:
      Beckenbauer, Diana [G][Noordburg] - Ehrenreich, Augustin [CD-C][Adestedt] - Frankenburg, Hermione [SD][Klagenweg] - Halberstam, Ester [CD-D][Bonnheim] - Jahnke, Dietmar [YF][Einlingen] - Viermetz, Gregor [CD-C][Vólkerkirchen] - Wanka, Hugo [CD-C][Roesberge] - Westermann, Lennart [YF][Bredeburg]

The Unitary Republic of Molander
National population: 27.31 million
Parliamentarian: 31 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 4
  • Social Democratic: 5
  • Directory:
      Blumenfeld, Matthias [CD-D][Fürstenbeck] - Fredriksen, Chris [CD-D][Skalavik] - Freudenstein, Ägidius [SD][Tilstein] - Grossman, Maximilian [G][Bevereind] - Hasselmann, Emanuel [YF][Laagstel] - Hönigswald, Isabella [SD][Alslingen] - Norland, Bjarte [G][Hamrar] - Norstoga, Hannah [CD-D][Skjalfandafljot] - Otterness, Hjørdis [CD-D][Hornafjoror] - Ribbentrop, Martin [SD][Ennewig] - Schürmann, Gretel [SD][Westerkum] - Schwarzenberger, Rebekka [SD][Nieuweschede]

The Democratic Republic of Cederström
National population: 25.09 million
Parliamentarian: 29 Members
Party:
  • Directory:
      Friedrich, Ruth [CD-D][Rankhausen] - Goebel, Nicola [G][Westenburg] - Eisenberger, Dominik [CD-C][Antzen] - Hauschka, Kay [SD][Vollenfort] - Kruckenberg, Adrian [SD][Adelsdorf] - Nagelberg, Marwin [SD][Herven] - Schönfeld, Josephine [CD-D][Wittenlingen] - Schwarzman, Norbert [YF][Neugen] - Wentz, Edmund [CD-D][Skibbenard] - Wessely, Joel [CD-C][Salzeinn]

The Royal Realm of Cleyra
National population: 8.91 million
Parliamentarian: 10 Members
Party:
  • Directory:
      Abrahamsen, Victoria [CD-C][Sjoland] - Gjertsen, Ingrid [SD][Gil] - Grimstad, Kåre [YF][Gilsbakki] - Gronseth, Gaute [CD-D][Hafnaross] - Homstad, Hallvard [CD-C][Manarfell] - Kleven, Sindre [SD][Jokulvikra] - Sandberg, Karina [G][Reykjarholl] - Stordalen, Jørn [CD-D][Sandfell] - Vagen, Sjur [CD-D][Eyvindarholar] - Volden, Kristine [CD-D][Krysuvik]

The Duchy of Gizamaluke-Grotto
National population: 5.70 million
Parliamentarian: 7 Members
Party:
  • Directory:
      Ashwell, Allen [YF][Dukeport] - Cantor, Ewdin [CD-C][Southmonde] - Chambers, Stanley [CD-D][Eastderry] - Hosking, Smile [CD-D][Poshtown] - Stevenson, Margaret [CD-D][Southbay] - Thomas, Madeline [CD-D][Ravenmarsh] - Woodmore, Malcolm [SD][Genelope]

The Duchy of Ice Cavern
National population: 4.71 million
Parliamentarian: 5 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 2
  • Directory:
      Armstrong, Georgina [G][Stoke] - Chen, Jonathan [CD-D][Flushing] - Grafton, Lewis [SD][Karori] - Hussain, Charles [CD-D][Ridgesend] - Parker, Bryan [SD][Emree]

The Principality of Mandragora
National population: 1.93 million
Parliamentarian: 2 Members
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 1
  • Social Democratic: 0
  • Directory:
      Schotanus, Franke [CD-D][Aarstal] - Van Houten, Elisa [IND][Salzhofen]

The City State of Crescent
National population: 1.18 million
Parliamentarian: 1 Member
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 0
  • Directory:
      Gallagher, Jack [IND][Crescent]

The City State of Coral
National population: 1.02 million
Parliamentarian: 1 Member
Party:
  • Christian Democratic - Democratic: 0
  • Directory:
      O'neill, Owen [IND][Coral]
Last edited by Yohannes on Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:57 pm, edited 45 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

2.2. Popular Votes in the Nineteen Countries (Continued)

Postby Yohannes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:56 am

[ Out of Character message by the author: Reserved for the eventual long list of Members of the Imperial Parliament ]

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

2.2. Popular Votes in the Nineteen Countries (Continued)

Postby Yohannes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:56 am

[ Out of Character message by the author: Reserved for the eventual long list of Members of the Imperial Parliament ]

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

2.3. List of Proportional Representation - The Jeffer...

Postby Yohannes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:57 am

2.3. List of Proportional Representation - The Jefferson's method

To quote Chapter 1, Section 1, the second vote of party allegiance from multiple electorates... will allow the democratically chosen political parties... to register their listed candidates as a Member of the Imperial Parliament for her or his party, with (L) or List provided next to her or his name, end quote. The listed members are additions to the normal empire-wide electorates, drawn up by the Imperial Electoral Court, for the 2018 Imperial Election. In addition to the five criteria of accreditation according to Chapter 1, Section 1, a formula is designed to decide and regulate the number of listed imperial members.

the total votes
total seats + 1

This formula was originally based on the Jefferson method, a proportional seat allocation system taken straight from the Constitution of Maxtopia. Since its introduction in 1998, the Imperial Electoral Court has modified the original formula to make it more identical to the Hagenbach-Bischoff system, itself a variation of the original Jefferson method, with both realistically used already in many nation states of the major regions (i.e. the South Pacific). Finally, it must be taken into account that the addition of listed members are included already as a part of the 435 total seats mentioned in Chapter 2.
Last edited by Yohannes on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

3. Redistribution of Seats Act 1871

Postby Yohannes » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:58 am

3. Redistribution of Seats Act 1871

The Estates General of the Nineteen Countries is an independent statutory body created by law, tabled by the ninth Chancellor, Lord Brahe, in 1852 on behalf of the fourth Emperor, Freya the Seventh of Burmecia, through the halls of the seventh parliament. It was voted on by the majority and enacted into reality as the Redistribution of Seats Act of 1871, nineteen years after thorough examination of legality by the Justices of the Peace, in accordance with the introductory principle of the limited separation of powers. It is also named after the three historical, traditional estates of the nineteen countries: the merchants, the aristocrats, and the free-women-and-men-on-the-land.

As a democratic body, it is responsible for the examination of electoral boundaries and collegian districts in Yohannes, which influence the total number of members for the Imperial Parliament and collegians for the Electoral College. An assembly of 57 distinguished and qualified citizens, three from each country, and each chosen by her or his sovereign, the body meets every eight years, at the same time, not incidentally, that elections are undertaken for the Office of the Emperor and the Office of the Chancellor.

It also corresponds with the time that the Imperial Electoral Court must undertake empire-wide census. Each one of three members from each country must assume the position of one of the following three:

• The Imperial Surveyor: responsible for government surveying at the imperial level, and is responsible, as the head of the Imperial Survey Office, for the review and effective oversight of registered private surveyors in the nineteen countries.

• The Electoral Commissioner: responsible for the management of electorate boundaries and related matters for the Imperial Parliament, under review by the Justices of the Peace and answerable only to the Imperial Electoral Court.

• The District Commissioner: responsible for the management of collegian boundaries for the Electoral College, under review by the Justices of the Peace and answerable only to the Imperial Electoral Court.
Only those political parties having at least six per cent of empire-wide popular votes will have the privilege to consult with the Estates-General. In accordance with the introductory principle of the opposing forces, the Imperial Head of the Opposition is entitled to review, once every four years, and together with the Chancellor, the findings of the electoral and district commissioners. They are also entitled to contest the results of the imperial surveyor, with the Justices of the Peace acting as the intermediary body.

Under this section will be explained the nature of the Estates-General, its subordinate authorities, the Council of Representation and the Imperial Electoral Boundaries.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

3.1. The Council of Representation

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:48 am

3.1. The Council of Representation

The Council of Representation, as its name suggests, is the responsible authority for the fair and equitable representation of parliamentary parties in Estate General collegiate and electoral related matters. As a subordinate authority within an independent statutory body, it must also guarantee that public employees of the Estate General, acting professionally for Yohannes the nation state, will not prioritise the need of the ruling parties over the opposition. This is in accordance with the introductory principle of The Three Executive. In theory, parliament, in accordance with The Will of Parliament, and with the power delegated to its Committee of Privileges, has the right to collect electoral related information and investigate any improper council conducts. In practice, however, their appointments are rarely needed, for the Estates General has since the Second Industrial Growth era (1850-1900) handled internally any matters of council wrongdoings. This is an obvious oversight arising out of poor precedents historically. A proposal to remedy this issue is currently being tabled before parliament, initiated by The Right Honourable Mr Jeremy Robyn, Minority Leader and Member of Imperial Parliament for the Clearingtonne Electorate, of the Social Democratic Party.

Each political party meeting the six per cent threshold has the entitlement to appoint up to two of their members before the council as observers, one on behalf of the Electoral College and the other on behalf of parliament, ensuring that the Estates General, by way of consultation, will operate in a non partisan manner to deliver the highest standard of equal service for the legislative body.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

4. An Imperial Election

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:43 pm

4. An Imperial Election

Collegiate elections at the Imperial level are held every eight years, whilst parliamentary elections at the imperial level are held every four years, not incidentally, corresponding with that for the Office of the Emperor and Office of the Chancellor. The eight-year and four-year terms of collegiate and parliamentary members run from the date of the return of Emperor's Subpoena by the old parliament, also known as the Imperial Subpoena, which is the month of January. The Electoral College and the Parliament does not cease to exist between the date of dissolution, which is the month of December, and the return of the Emperor's Subpoena.

The Emperor must appoint a fit person to hold the Office of the Field Marshal of Imperial Subpoena. The Field Marshal of Imperial Subpoena is responsible for the issuance of the Emperor's Subpoena for the election of the collegians and the parliamentarians. She or he must accredit the Imperial Subpoena in accordance with the Imperial Electoral Amendment Act of 1990. She or he is thus by statutory obligation a subordinate, indirectly, of the Field Marshal of the Electors; one of three executive of the Imperial Electoral Court. The Field Marshal of Imperial Subpoena is awarded with the title of The Honourable to indicate her or his elevation in rank, above the common ladies and gentiles, and to indicate her or his authority over each of the empire's four hundred and thirty-five Officers of the Electors.

Under this section will be explained the nature of elections at the imperial level, and the duties of their commanding officers.
Last edited by Yohannes on Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

4.1. The Second in Command and the Generals

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:08 pm

4.1. The Second in Command and the Generals

In accordance with the Imperial Electoral Amendment Act of 1990, the Field Marshal of Imperial Subpoena is supported, in her or his challenging role, by the Second-in-Command of Imperial Subpoena, who are appointed by the Emperor and, in accordance with the introductory principle of The Rule of Law, answerable to the Justices of the Peace. She or he is given the power to do, on behalf of the Field Marshal, the obligations and duties accorded to the Office of the Field Marshal of Imperial Subpoena in cases where absence are granted or made into reality by unexpected circumstances (i.e. death).

In accordance with the introductory principle of the Limited Separation of Power, there is to be appointed, by the Justices of the Peace and on behalf of the Imperial Ministry of Justice, the Office of the General of Imperial Election, which comprised of nineteen individuals, one for each country, accorded with the power to dictate the will of the Imperial Electoral Amendment Act of 1990 throughout the nineteen countries, at the national level.

She or he is technically subordinated to the Field Marshal and the Second-in-Command, but also has the power to report to the Justices of the Peace in cases of improper conduct made by the Field Marshal and, or, the Second in Command. In accordance with the introductory principle of Responsibility of an Imperial Ministry, specifically the third point of responsibility, the action of the General of Imperial Election reflects that of the justice ministry, and the minister must report to the appropriate select committee, if summoned, to explain the action of the nineteen generals.
Last edited by Yohannes on Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

4.2. The Clerks and Officers of the Voters

Postby Yohannes » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:54 pm

4.2. The Clerks and Officers of the Voters

The Clerks and Officers of the Voters, serving Yohannes the nation state and not the government of the day, are appointed by the Imperial Ministry of Justice, but answerable also to deputies of the Justices of the Peace. The total number of clerks and officers of the voters are adjusted every three years, and are influenced by demand required in each imperial election cycle (i.e. less collegian and parliamentary seats meant less officers and clerks). The Officers of the Voters must direct and control elections on the ground in each electorate. In this job they can be supported by their counterparts from the Imperial Electoral Court, in cases where there are not enough administrators on the ground to properly oversee the election process, up to the standard required under the Imperial Electoral Amendment Act of 1990, in that particular district or electorate.

The Clerks and the Officers of the Voters are subordinated to the Generals of their respective countries, who may authorise for the transfer of their responsibility and duties to other, non-registered officers of that district or electorate, in cases of unexpected circumstances (i.e. absence due to very important matters). For the purpose of brevity, these responsibility and duties are:

• The statutory privileges to grant any special vote privileges in accordance with the Imperial Electoral Amendment Act of 1990.
  • The statutory privileges to examine and inspect thoroughly the electoral rolls of their respective districts or electorates.
  • The power to administer, closely, the calculation of party votes in each district or electorate.
  • The statutory privileges to adjust manually any on-the-ground election related information or materials which may affect their superiors at the national level.
The Clerks and officers of the voters also have the privileges to examine any employees or volunteers of a political party, on the ground, and without any need of explanation or reason may dismiss, or eject from the election, their privileges to participate in election related matters in their districts or electorates of responsibility. In return, any clerks and officers cannot hold any voluntary or formal memberships or positions under any political parties in Yohannes. In accordance with the introductory principle of The Responsibility of an Imperial Ministry, the Imperial Ministry of Justice will be responsible before the appropriate select committee for any possible cases of improper conduct by clerks and officers of the voters.
Last edited by Yohannes on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates