NATION

PASSWORD

For Justice! Or Something! (Magical Girl RP/OOC/Open!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Tourma
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

For Justice! Or Something! (Magical Girl RP/OOC/Open!)

Postby Tourma » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:08 pm

It's story time, children!

Thousands of years ago, a legion of warriors dedicated their lives to protecting the earth from Reapers: beings whose life force came from the suffering of others. There were many types of these creatures, but they all had the same purpose: to deliberately inflict harm upon humanity. Obviously, they were invisible to ordinary humans. Otherwise, we would've gotten rid of them ages ago.

The Reapers were the main reason these warriors came together: to rid the world of such terrible creatures that lived off of the pain of others. Each one had a defining character trait, and each had their own unique abilities. After years of being able to fight off these beings of darkness, the warriors vanished from the earth, never to be seen again.

Now, the year is 2019. Reapers and other dark beings are scattered throughout the world, causing pain wherever they set foot. As life continues to go on, we patiently wait for the day the earth finds the heroes it needs...

Who are the new heroes that will save us? Well, none other than a rag-tag group of high schoolers from a no name town, of course!

Welcome to the RP! It's designed to be a parody, as well as a tribute, to many of the amazing magical girl related series out there. Just letting you know, your character does not have to be magical or a girl to stay relevant in the storyline. It begins in a highschool known as Westside Central, in the fairly small fictional town of Fields, California. I recommend reading through some of the lore posted below in spoilers before making your character(s).

Soul gems are what enable a user to perform abilities that come with their trait. Once the Warrior Contract is made, a soul gem forms. It attaches itself to a person's soul once they accept it. Without a soul gem, the user is essentially powerless. In the event that a user is badly injured, they will retreat to their gemstone to heal. If them gem is destroyed while connected to someone, they perish as well. But don't worry: these gems are incredibly tough to destroy. A Soul Gem grants its host unique abilities, as well as weapon summoning. Of course, these gems have limits, but that will be covered in another area.

A Soul Gem has two parts: the gem itself, and the "receiver". The gem is given to the user, while the receiver is kept by the Magical Messenger. Receivers serve as a way to tell the status of a warrior. If it's colorful, the Warrior is healthy. If it's grayish black, the Warrior is corrupted. If it's completely clear, the Warrior has perished. These receivers can also be used as an energy source.
This is a receiver. Obviously, it isn't one of our team's receivers, as you can tell by the color and symbol on top. The symbol is always the same as the user's gem shape. While some users might have the same base trait, the way it manifests in the user greatly varies.

Corruption is when a Soul is turned dark. It's original views are warped into believing that the only way for it to get power is through the suffering of others. To put it simply, a human turns into a reaper. The corrupted forms of these former humans often coincides with their interests and/or personality. These Souls often form their own "realms": a pocket dimension, if you will. Much like their form, the realm is heavily influenced by their interests and personality. Many of them have servants created from the literal essence of darkness itself. Once entered, the only way to escape the Realm is to defeat the Soul. There are only a few ways to defeat a Corrupted Soul: capture it, finish it off, or heal it, reverting it to its original form. Of course, the healing process takes a lot of time and effort, since it affects the mind as well as the physical form. The Ancient Legion chose to capture the Souls and carefully store them until they could be healed.

NOTE: One does not have to die to become corrupted.

While Magical Warriors have Soul Gems, Reapers have what are known as Grief Seeds. You see, Soul Gems need to be "cleaned" of darkness in order to keep working properly. If a Soul Gem becomes too dim, it will turn into a Grief Seed, which in turn, turns the gem's host into a reaper. Don't panic: these Gems can be cleaned, with the help of discarded Grief Seeds. A Grief Seed can be collected once a witch is defeated. However, Grief Seeds can only be used to clean a Soul Gem a certain amount of times before exploding.
If the seed has a dark aura around it, it still contains a Soul.

Reapers aren't the only ones who can create realms: all magic users have the potential to. Only Reapers and highly experienced Magic Users can summon their own Realm. Within the realm, time passes at a slower pace (obviously not to Narnia's extent). Much like the realms of the Reapers, the Realms of all users reflect their interests and personality. Thankfully, you don't have to beat up the Realm's creator in order to escape, as long as it isn't a Reaper. Rather than beings made of darkness, a user can choose to have holograms or other, less sinister servants. Holograms can be used as training dummies or for other purposes.

Available Soul Gems
Sorry, folks, there's no more available gems.

Passion: A brilliant red gem, faceted into the shape of a rose. Special Abilities including but not limited to; fire manipulation, enhanced charisma, minor shapeshifting powers.
Bravery: A vibrant orange gem, faceted into the shape of a five-pointed star. Special Abilities including but not limited to; ferokinesis and enhanced strength.
Hope: A pale yellow gem, faceted into the shape of a butterfly. Special Abilities including but not limited to; light manipulation and levitation.
Justice: A golden gem, faceted into the shape of a spearhead. Special Abilities including but not limited to: wind and electricity manipulation.
Humility: A kelly green gem, faceted into the shape of a bamboo branch. Special Abilities including but not limited to; plant manipulation, enhanced agility, invisibility.
Patience: A sky blue gem, faceted into the shape of a teardrop. Special Abilities including but not limited to; cryo and hydrokinesis, cloud manipulation.
Intelligence: An indigo gem, faceted into the shape of a mechanical gear. Special Abilities including but not limited to: telekinesis, telepathy, fast learning.
Mercy: A translucent white gem, faceted into the shape of a dove. Special Abilities including but not limited to; telepathical empathy (feeling another's emotions) and healing powers.

Da Rules

Basic NS stuff. No god modding, meta gaming, ect. Be kind to other RPers. If you're inactive for more than two weeks without telling me, you'll be removed from the RP. No memestealing is permitted at any time. Character death is possible and will most likely happen later on, just accept it. Most importantly, have fun!

Co-OP(s)
Monarchy of Japanada

Code: Select all
The App
Name:
Appearance: (pic or description)
Abilities: (if any)
Soul Gem: (if any)
Weapon: (if any)
Personality:
Bio:
Theme Song: (optional)
RP Example: (optional)
Did Ya Read The Rules:
Miscellaneous: (anything else)

(Delete everything in parentheses when done)

Name: Jada Esperanza
Appearance: Image
Abilities: cryo/hydro kinesis, cloud manipulation.
Soul Gem: Patience
Weapon: Throwing Stars Designed to Resemble Snowflakes she can summon at will.
Personality: Jada tends come off as cold, emotionless, and uncaring. It's not that she hates everyone, she just doesn't feel the way the can. Because of this, she actually looks down on herself. She is an introvert, and prefers to be left alone.
Bio: Jada's life has been fairly normal: she has nice parents, she gets good grades, lives in a nice house, all that jazz. Despite this, Jada has a condition that impairs her ability to process emotions. Her mother tells her it's just something that runs in the family, but it doesn't stop her from feeling so...distant from other people. That's the reason she became a magical girl: to help others and find emotion. But she warns any newcomers that becoming a warrior is not everything it appears to be...
Theme Song: Here Ya Go
RP Example: Yeet
Did Ya Read The Rules: I wrote them, silly.
Miscellaneous: She has a pet Chinchilla named Tito.

Name: Kukkī Kyatto (just call him Kyatto)
Appearance: Image
Abilities: Telepathy, x-ray vision, weapon summoning.
Soul Gem: ???
Weapon: Laser gun
Personality: Humorous and cunning, Kyatto can talk of the darkest topics light heartedly. Despite putting on a "relaxed and casual" front, he takes his job very seriously, and is knowledgeable of all of its aspects.
Bio: After fleeing an interstellar war, Kyatto was sent to Earth for one purpose only: to train magical warriors, female or otherwise. While he might appear to be uncaring and cruel at times, keep in mind his entire species was originally designed as logical, no nonsense beings who put their end goal above all else. He is responsible for training the "California Dreamers", as he calls them, a group of high school aged magic wielding warriors.
Miscellaneous: His full name is Japanese for "Cookie Cat"

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! :)
Last edited by Tourma on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 40 times in total.

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Accepted Characters

Postby Tourma » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:50 pm

Magical Warriors
-Jada Esperanza the Kuudere (Tourma)
-Ethan Mackenzie the Calm (Japanada)
-Akara Tate the Compassionate (Terranihill)
-Sapphira Sapienti the Humorous (Khasinkonia)
-Kelly Anaya the Kind (Lunas Legion)
-Katrina Everlyn the Bold (Bentus)
-Ashley Lebarge the Strong (Whalestron)
-Arthur Chambers the Heroic (Donifrium)

Villains
The Off Colors (Tourma)
Horace J Simpson 3.0 (Shark Isle)

Other
Peri Dota, Local Conspiracy Theorist (Tourma)
Ryan Ledgers, Wannabe Lady's Man (Whalestron)
Mr. CIA d00d, and his assistant Square Doggo (Whalestron)

More coming soon...
Last edited by Tourma on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:58 pm

I'll try to make a hope app, I guess. But first, what does the personality of her have/supposed to be?
Depending on this I may go Humility.

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:00 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:I'll try to make a hope app, I guess. But first, what does the personality of her have/supposed to be?

The personality of the character can honestly be anything, as long as the trait mentioned has a large impact on their personality.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Tourma wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:I'll try to make a hope app, I guess. But first, what does the personality of her have/supposed to be?

The personality of the character can honestly be anything, as long as the trait mentioned has a large impact on their personality.

I'll do hope, though it may overlap with others..[Perseverance and maybe Bravery.]
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Magical App
Name: Ethan Mackenzie.
Appearance: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/dan ... 0826182825

[In this clothing]
http://static.tumblr.com/a9e6dc9c3507c1 ... wkcs88.png
Abilities: Light manipulation and levitation.
Soul Gem: Hope.
Motif: I'm a bit confused by this. If you mean his theme, or whatever, than no.
Weapon: http://img08.deviantart.net/8cb3/i/2016 ... a117fc.jpg
But the crystals are the same color as his soul gem.
Personality: Ethan is usually calm and respectful, yet independent and intelligent. He has a strong inner hope, a hope for a better world, a world where things are safer, a world without Reapers, yet understands that only time and effort can lead to this being achieved, and that everyone relies on him as a partner, with hatred of letting anyone down, being another normal person in the background and letting anyone be left in the dust, making Ethan a compassionate person, though not overly so like Mercy. Does poorly under stress, and when all hope seems to be lost, Ethan will persevere the longest, and though he doesn't have much experience, he has the most inner potential. Despite all this, to others he is just another average student.
Bio: Ethan was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, and the rest doesn't really matter, have your character ask in the IC. With preserverence as another soul gem, theres not a tragic event I can draw from.
He became a magical girl? because of the hope he has, the hope of a brighter and more prosperous future.
Theme Song: N/A
RP Example: Look ye self if ye want.
Did Ya Read The Rules: Yes.
Miscellaneous: His best subject is Social Studies, has a cat named Hope and is a member of the 'Gaming Club'.
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Magical App
Name: Blair Mackenzie.
Appearance: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/dan ... 0402075141 [But her eyes are the same color as her soul gem]
Abilities: Light manipulation and levitation.
Soul Gem: Hope.
Motif: I'm a bit confused by this. If you mean her theme, or whatever, than no.
Weapon: http://img08.deviantart.net/8cb3/i/2016 ... a117fc.jpg
But the crystals are the same color as her soul gem.
Personality: Blair is usually calm and respectful, yet independent and intelligent. WIP
Bio: Blair was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia WIP
Theme Song: N/A
RP Example: Look ye self if ye want.
Did Ya Read The Rules: Yes.
Miscellaneous: Her best subject is Social Studies.

Accepted! Welcome aboard!

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Finished it up, I hope its good enough, even if you did already accept et.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:44 pm

What is Hope's abilities like? I get levitation, but whats light manipulation? Does it have a purpose other than making things lighter or darker?

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:09 pm

Tagging for intelligence.

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:56 am

Hey everyone! Made some minor edits I thought were nessecary.
-Finished adding the powers to the Justice Soul Gem
-Added more info on Grief Seeds
-Removed Perserverance (it was too similar to hope)

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:11 am

Wait, can male characters have Soul Gems? If so I'm going to change.

Terranihil
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 07, 2017

Postby Terranihil » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:18 am

tag can i reserve mercy
Terranihil or Terry, Chief Consul of The League
League Wiki owner
epic

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:23 am

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Wait, can male characters have Soul Gems? If so I'm going to change.

Of course!
Terranihil wrote:tag can i reserve mercy

Feel free, there's no one stopping you.

Terranihil
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Terranihil » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:41 am

g
Last edited by Terranihil on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
League Wiki owner
epic

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:43 am

Question: When characters regenerate, do they have any control over how they regenerate, or do they just automatically reform after a given amount of time(e.g. Can they change their appearance, control their regeneration speed, chose when to regenerate)

Terranihil
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Terranihil » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:02 am

f
Last edited by Terranihil on Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
League Wiki owner
epic

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:24 am

Tag!
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:53 am

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:What is Hope's abilities like? I get levitation, but whats light manipulation? Does it have a purpose other than making things lighter or darker? Hope's abilities seem..underwhelming. And aerokinesis and wind manipulation is the same..
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:27 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:What is Hope's abilities like? I get levitation, but whats light manipulation? Does it have a purpose other than making things lighter or darker?

This should explain everything.

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Question: When characters regenerate, do they have any control over how they regenerate, or do they just automatically reform after a given amount of time(e.g. Can they change their appearance, control their regeneration speed, chose when to regenerate)

Usually, it takes around a few hours to regenerate. If they're experienced and powerful enough, they can regenerate within minutes. As for the appearance, yes, yes they can change it if they chose to.
Note: They can't regenerate if the gem is placed inside a bubble or object.
Terranihil wrote:Magical App
Name: Akara Tate
Appearance:
Abilities: Telepathic empathy, healing (self healing and of others), and pain absorption (can also be used to help someone fight stronger.)
Soul Gem: Mercy
Weapon: Healing Septre (not used for fighting, only for magnifying healing effects)
Personality: Akara is very compassionate and sensitive. Since she can feel how others are feeling, she is very supportive and understanding. She is always willing to help anybody who is hurt, and will even absorb their pain so that they will not have to suffer. Although she isn't brave or particularly strong, her big heart and empathetic nature is always motivating.
Bio: Akara was born and raised on a farm in Fields, California. She gained her powers of mercy because of the compassionate characteristics she developed growing up. Her mother was always sick, so she would constantly be caring for her, while also caring for the several farm animals.
Theme Song: (optional)
RP Example: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=31931660#p31931660
Did Ya Read The Rules: yea
Miscellaneous: (anything else)

Accepted!

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:39 pm

Tourma wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:Question: When characters regenerate, do they have any control over how they regenerate, or do they just automatically reform after a given amount of time(e.g. Can they change their appearance, control their regeneration speed, chose when to regenerate)

Usually, it takes around a few hours to regenerate. If they're experienced and powerful enough, they can regenerate within minutes. As for the appearance, yes, yes they can change it if they chose to.

I meant as in prolonging/delaying regeneration. Is that possible?

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Tourma wrote:Usually, it takes around a few hours to regenerate. If they're experienced and powerful enough, they can regenerate within minutes. As for the appearance, yes, yes they can change it if they chose to.

I meant as in prolonging/delaying regeneration. Is that possible?

Other than placing a gem in a bubble or object, there's not really a way to prolong or delay regeneration. Of course, if a user is hurt really badly, regeneration might take a big longer.

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Tourma wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:I meant as in prolonging/delaying regeneration. Is that possible?

Other than placing a gem in a bubble or object, there's not really a way to prolong or delay regeneration. Of course, if a user is hurt really badly, regeneration might take a big longer.

Final question: While characters are regenerating, are they conscious?

Tourma
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:14 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
Tourma wrote:Other than placing a gem in a bubble or object, there's not really a way to prolong or delay regeneration. Of course, if a user is hurt really badly, regeneration might take a big longer.

Final question: While characters are regenerating, are they conscious?

Yes, but they don't have any way of telling what is happening outside of their gemstone.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse