NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 33 - Avranches, Normandy and Picardy

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:02 am

Vote 12/16 - Estogium

Andre: Good Evening Estogium, may we please have your 5 points?

Karjohan: Hi Normandy and Picardy and Avranches. I am going to give you the fantastic, fabulous five points from Estogium - who obviously has the best song of the night!

Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

World Hit Festival 33 - Avranches, Normandy and Picardy

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:19 am

Vote 13/16 - Togonistan

Andre: And now it is Togonistan's turn to give us their 5 points. Good evening Ronald in Tushlark.

Ronald: Hello Avranches, this is Tushlark calling. Thank you for this lovely evening and I am pleased to announce that our five points go to...

Balkvla Islands

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:21 am

Vote 14/16 - Cosneolta

Andre: And now we have Lyndsey...Wotsit, from Cosneolta...Are you sure we're not back in Ethane again? Anyway, Good Evening Cosneolta

Lyndsey: Hello Normandy, look at all these lovely bags of wotsits around me. They're delicious, you should try some. Anyway, these are our puffs, I mean points

Mercedini

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:22 am

Vote 15/16 - Balkvla Islands

Andre: Hello...sadly, we don't have a live feed from the Balkvla Islands, but we can still reveal where their 5 points went to.

Cosneolta
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:25 am

Vote 16/16 - Kwadai

Andre: Time to go out to the world for the last set of 5 points; how terribly exciting... Anyway, we now go to our wonderful friends in Kwadai. Good evening, could we have your points?

Samir: Well...here we are again presenting Kwadai's World Hit Festival votes!
Mohammed: Yes but this time we're live from Sabha instead of Ras Ayyad.
Mahdi: Maybe one day we will be performing on the stage waiting eagerly for votes instead of giving you them
Samir: Hmm who knows. Either way no more delaying it, here are the results of the Kwadaian vote.

Cosneolta

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:39 am

World Hit Festival 33
Scoreboard after Phase I

1. Darkmania - 15 pts
1. Cosneolta - 15 pts
3. Mercedini - 10 pts
4. Kalosia - 5pts
4. Normandy and Picardy - 5pts
4. Ethane - 5pts
4. Kwadai - 5pts
4. Izmedu - 5pts
4. Togonistan - 5pts
4. Balkvla Islands - 5pts
4. Skanden - 5pts
12. Britonisea - 0pts
12. Goluta - 0pts
12. Hiklarmaniga - 0pts
12. Merecendi - 0pts
12. Estogium - 0pts

The camera returns to show Andre, still at the podium, after having made a panoramic shot of the audience. He begins speaking to the camera, something that by now he was very accustomed to...

So, we have given out 80 of the 240 points available, meaning 2/3 of the points are yet to be revealed. Thus, even if your nation isn't doing well at the moment, they could be at the top by the end of the night. Now, what are we doing with those 160 other points? As aforementioned,
'Phase II' as we call it officially will consist of the remaining points being handed. The points 4-1 that each nation recieved have been added together and will be given to each nation as we go through and added to their points in Phase I to give an overall result. We will go through this in the order the Phase I votes were revealed. Now, without further ado because I know voting gets boring, let's begin...
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:12 am

So first up it's Mercedini. I can reveal that Mercedini recieved 3 points from Kalosia...and 1 point for Skanden for a total of 4, and so finish the night on 14 points!

There is a faint cheer from the crowd, strongest that the Mercedinian section, as they know they can't win. Still, it is a respectable result at the end of the day.

Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:12 am

Now for Ethane, who after Phase One have 5 points. I can reveal that Ethane recieved 4 points from Izmedu...2 points from Darkmania... and 3 points from Estogium, for a grand total of 14!

The crowd cheers loudly, especially the Ethanian and Normand sections of the crowd, the Normand section as they absolutely loved the Ethanian entry and so wanted to make their support known.

You will notice that both Ethane and Mercedini have 14 points. Both also have the same number of voters (4), but whereas Mercedini have two sets of 5 points Ethane only has 1, and so Mercedini retain 3rd and Ethane go into 4th.

Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:13 am

Goluta is up next, who unfortunately have 0 points after Phase I. Have they fared any better in Phase Two? I can reveal that Goluta recieved 2 points from Cosneolta for a total of 2 points.

The crowd cheers respectfully, with the Golutan section dejected at the news, and indeed the mood is somewhat downbeat in the stadium.

Comisserations Goluta, I thought the song was worth more than 2 points.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:14 am

Now we have Britonisea, who also unfortunately have 0 points after Phase I. How have they done in Phase II? Will they avoid Goluta's fate? I can reveal that Britonisea recieved 4 points from Estogium... 1 point from Darkmania... 1 point from Izmedu...3 points from Kwadai...and 1 point from Normandy and Picardy for a total of 10 points

The Britonish section of the crowd cheered loudly, but remained unsure whether to celebrate or to be angry over the result. The rest of the crowd remained shocked after Phase I, given they had seen Britonisea as a contender to win...

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:19 am

It is now time to reveal Skanden's total points haul. After Phase I they had 5 points, so they will be hoping more points come in for them. I can reveal that Skanden recieved 2 points from Kaloisa...2 points from Ethane...1 point from Hiklarmaniga...and 3 points from Normandy and Picardy for a total of 13 points!

The crowd cheered at the result, especially as the Skandish entry had been well recieved by the crowd in the stadium. Another nation that hadn't recieved enough... would anyone knock Cosneolta and Darkmania off the top..?

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:47 am

Up next is us, the hosts, Normandy and Picardy. We also got 5 points in Phase I. Do you want to see how we did Avranches?

The crowd cheer loudly and give a collective shout of 'Yes'

I can now reveal that Normandy and Picardy recieved 4 points from Kalosia... 4 points from Ethane... 2 points from Britonisea... 3 points from Mercedini... 2 points from Goluta... 3 points from Darkmania...and 2 points from Kwadai, for a grand total of 25 points

The mostly Normand crowd erupted into rapturous applause as Normandy and Picardy took first. The atmosphere in the stadium was the one of pure ecstasy; anyone would have thought they'd won.

Now now, we don't have a winner just yet..

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:14 pm

Now we have Izmedu, a nation that has had it's fair share of success recently. Will they carry that on, and maybe even win? Let's find out...

Izmedu recieved 3 points from Ethane...2 points from Hiklarmaniga...4 points from Skanden...1 point from Estogium... 3 points from the Balkvla Island...2 points from Merecendi...4 points from Goluta...and 4 points from Normandy and Picardy for a grand total of 28 points!

The crowd goes crazy, and even though the mostly Normand crowd are dissapointed that they won't be winning this time, the crowd cheered and applauded Izmedu's entry, clearly popular, especially the Izmeduan section of the crowd. The delegation too were ecstatic and the cameras captured them as they partied.

Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:59 am

Next up are our friends in Darkmania. They ended Phase I joint top with 15 points, which seems to suggest they are in it to win it? Are they? Let's find out...

Darkmania recieved...2 points from Mercedini...1 point from Togonistan...2 points from the Balkvla Islands...1 point from Goluta...and 4 points from Kwadai for a total of 25!

The Normands were clearly unimpressed as the Darkmanians passed them (for reasons Andre was about to explain) and the Darkmanians were obviously dissapointed they hadn't come out on top, but overall there was a large cheer in the crowd, the usual mid voting sort.

Both Darkmania and Normandy and Picardy recieved votes from 8 countries, but whereas Darkmania recieved 3 sets of 5 points, Normandy and Picardy only recieved once and so Darkmania go into second and Normandy and Picardy into third.

Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:00 am

Now now now... who was stupid enough to vote for Merecendi? Apparently Hiklarmaniga, who gave them 4 points...and Cosneolta, who gave them 3 points, for a grand total of 7

The cameras don't even turn to show the Merecendians, so I don't know whether they were celebrating or not. Either way, it is probably for our own good because God knows what we would have seen...

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:01 am

Kalosia recieved one set of 5 points in Phase I. Is this a sign of things to come? Well, I can reveal that Kalosia recieved...1 point from Ethane...4 points from Mercedini...3 points from Skanden...1 point from the Balkvla Islands...3 points from Merecendi...4 points from Darkmania...and 1 point from Kwadai for a total of 22 points!

There was a large applause as Kalosia climbed up the table into 4th, and whilst naturally it was somewhat muted on the Kalosian end it was still loud and clear.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:43 am

Now it's time for Hiklarmaniga. Please tell me no one voted for this? People voted for this...why? Hiklarmaniga recieved...3 points from Britonisea...4 points from Cosneolta...and 1 point from Merecendi for a total of 8 points!

The camera feed showed the Hiklarmanigan delegation partying, but the cameraman could be seen backing away as Slavio approached him. The camera feed abruptly returned to Andre, so we will never know what happened to that poor cameraman.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:44 am

Now Estogium, and whatever the hell their entry was. Please please please... you're kidding me, right? Well, looks like Estogium got... 1 point from Britonisea...3 points from Togonistan...and 4 points from the Balkvla Islands for a total of 8 points. Estogium wins the tiebreak as they had the greatest number of televotes (ooc: Estogium finished their entry earliest on the draft thread; their last edit is earliest)

The Estogian delegation waved their flags about a bit in a way that was obviously masking dejection. The crowd did their bit too, but with much less mind to the specific result.

Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:46 am

Up next we have Togonistan, who have 5 points currently after Phase I. Now, can they consolidate this? Well, I can tell you that Togonistan recieved 4 points from Britonisea... and 2 points from Normandy and Picardy, resulting in a total score of 11 points.

The audience applaud lightly and wave their flags about in the usual manner, perhaps slightly dissapointed that Togonistan's rather unique entry (compared to the rest of the field) didn't do amazingly, but overall carrying on as the results kept on coming.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:32 am

Now we have Cosneolta. Like Darkmania, they got 15 points in Phase I. Do you want to see how they did in Phase II? Well, I can reveal that Cosneolta got...3 points from Hiklarmaniga... 2 points from Togonistan...4 points from Merecendi...3 points from Goluta...and 2 points from Izmedu for a total of 29!

As Cosneolta passes Izmedu and squeezes into first place, the stadium erupts into applause, as you may imagine from the Cosneoltans but also from the rest of the crowd who can't believe something has finally happened on the left hand side of the scoreboard. Naturally, there is some sadness from Izmedu, but in general the crowd are more than happy, especially those amongst the Normands (who make up the majority of the crowd) who see this as some sort of retribution for last contest.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:32 am

So now we return to the Balkvla Islands, who after round one have 5 points. This is added to by...1 point from Mercedini...2 points from Skanden...and 2 points from Estogium for a total of 10 points.

There is a rather muted applause as the crowd anticipates the final result from Kwadai, waiting for the final result to be revealed.

Whereas Britonisea have been voted for by 5 nations, the Balkvla Islands were only voted for by 4 and so the Balkvla Islands go into 11th and Britonisea takes 10th.

Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:33 am

And so we come to the last nation, Kwadai, who too had 5 points after Phase I. Time to find out how well they did overall. Kwadai recieved...1 point from Kalosia...1 point from Cosneolta....4 points from Togonistan...and 3 points from Izmedu, giving a grand total of 14 points!

The crowd cheers widly as they know what it means...Conseolta has won! Andre is forced to go on explaining the new tiebreak but the crowd mostly cheer and shout over him.

Now, that means three nations with 14 points. Kwadai were voted for by 5 people, whereas the other two had four, so Kwadai go into 6th. The tiebreak between Mercedini and Ethane has already been described.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:36 am

COSNEOLTA
Winner of the 33rd World Hit Festival

Winner's Reprise
"Flying Above" - Convikt ft. Rachel Nollov

Tune: Dami Im - Fighting for Love
Language(s): English
Lyrics: A. Convikelic, R. Nollov
Music: A. Convikelic

They couldn't believe it; they had won, and had millions of fans across the multiverse celebrating their great victory. They just had to get through the song one last time, and their hands would be on the trophy. The song starts with Rachel standing in the centre of the stage with Convikt behind her on an elevated DJ set with the stage darkened but with mild strobing in time with the song. Smoke covered the stage floor, the camera was already up on stage and was circling Rachel, the camera moved to in front of her in time for her to sing the opening lyrics.

When skies are grey, when seas are rough
I spread my wings, they lift me up.
I'm leaving now, soon I'll be gone
Am I your, only one?

The stage lights up and the camera angle sweeps along the bottom of the stage as Rachel sings into the audience, the LED screens behind her are completely white, as is the floor. The lights are focused on Rachel and are flashing on and off in time with the music. Rachel then sings into the central camera which is zoomed in on her face and upper torso. When she sings the final the camera sweeps out into the audience, meaning Rachel gets smaller within the expanse of the stadium as the camera retreats.

If you know, if you know what picks me up.
Do you think, that my love will be enough.
Uh oh
Off the ground, can you see me in the sky?
Breaking free, do you want to get so high...
above

Two male dancers walk from the back of the stage and stand each side of Rachel as she sings the lead-up to the dance section. They stand still as Rachel sings. The three backing singers standing in front of the DJ set assist Rachel in singing the lines and fill in the gaps when Rachel doesn't sing. The strobing gets more intense as the song approaches the instrumental part of the song.

I'm flying above
The clouds are the only things I see
I'm flying above
I'm floating above the deep blue sea
I'm flying above
(I'm flying, I'm flying above)
I'm flying above

When the beat kicks in, Rachel and the dancers do a polished dance routine in the centre of the stage while cameras in the arena do sweeping shots far away from the stage. A wind machine is turned on which blows away the carpet of smoke on the stage, it also blows Rachel's hair and her and the dancers' clothes. Stobing gets intense as the beat and the backing singers perform their duties

I'm flying, I'm flying above

The stage darkens once again and the strobing subsides, the camera moves back on the stage with Rachel as she sings the second verse. She gives a small wink into the camera as the camera circles Rachel once again. The backing dancers swing their arms in time with the music with Convikt twisting knobs in the background, like DJs do.

You'll miss me, when I win
The boundary is, paper thin
Even if you think I am fading
When you're down, you'll be wrong
The final match, won't be long

One of dancers approaches Rachel and the do an intricate dance routine featuring a lot of foot movements and hand gestures with each other. When she sings the last note, she lifts her hand in the air, and the camera does another sweeping shot into the audience. The camera captures the party atmosphere inside the stadium with flags flying and bright white lights being emitted from the stage into the audience.

If you know, if you know what picks me up.
Do you think, that my love will be enough.
Uh oh
above?

The stage turns completely white and Rachel looks to the sky and sings with her head up, the dancers move to the side of the stage while the backing singers move to the centre-rear of the stage. As she reaches the end of the lead-up, the sticks her arms in the air and looks into the overhead camera to sing the title of the song before returning to the central camera for the chorus

I'm flying above
The clouds are the only things I see
I'm flying above
I'm floating above the deep blue sea
I'm flying above
I'm flying above

Another polished dance routine from the trio at the front of the stage with strobing and sparks flying from the stage. She gives her all before finishing the dance routine and walking to the side of the stage. The backing singers take control of the song as they give support to Nollov as she is performing her routine on stage. When she's finished her dance routine, she walks along the catwalk to the connected island where she sings into the camera and let's out the note off her life which gets a large cheer from the audience.

(I'm flying above, I'm flying above)
I'm flying above!
'bove, 'bove!

above?
I'm flying abooooooooooooove!

As the song draws to a close, she begins to take a step off the island and walk along the catwalk. The white lights across the stage all flash in unison with the beat of song. She walks back to the main section of the stage where her backing singers and dancers all join her at the front of the stage where they all strike a pose and the lights focus on her, signalling the end of the song.

I'm flying above
Above
Above
(I'm flying above, I'm flying above)
I'm flying above
Above
Above

The crowd cheered loudly, and louder still, as the lights in the centre returned to the colours of the Cosneoltan flag and Rachel Nollov and Convikt were passed the trophy or whatever it is you win, holding it up high (camera focusing on the trophy) as the closing credits begin...
Last edited by Normandy and Picardy on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates