NATION

PASSWORD

Exec City Climate Agreement [NEGOTIATION THREAD/OPEN]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Argentinstan
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Exec City Climate Agreement [NEGOTIATION THREAD/OPEN]

Postby Argentinstan » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:11 pm

EXEC CITY AGREEMENT

Please sign up here. Do not post until you have a reply.

This thread is for attendees to post their negotiating posts on behalf of their nation(s).

-- ATTENDEES --

Summit has started.
Last edited by Argentinstan on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
A United Nations of Earthlings member state. Former Prime Minister.
Embassy Program l Bank of the Atlantic l Air Argentine l Argentinstan City Int'l Airport l Guide to Storefronts l Issues l City/County/State/Territory Websites
Telegram Me

Argentinstan is a constitutional monarchy representative democracy led by King Menem III and President Elijah Turner.

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:20 am

The summit has started.

"We welcome everyone to the Exec City Climate Summit today. On behalf of the Government of Argentinstan and others I am representing here, I declare this summit started."

-Representative of Argentinstan and other states
Embassy Program l Bank of the Atlantic l Air Argentine l Argentinstan City Int'l Airport l Guide to Storefronts l Issues l City/County/State/Territory Websites
Telegram Me

Argentinstan is a constitutional monarchy representative democracy led by King Menem III and President Elijah Turner.

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:25 am

"Thank you, Mr/Mrs. Representative. Now, let's get these negotiations started, shall we?"-Artherian EPA director William First
Last edited by The United Artherian Federation on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twice sigbanned, once scared of the wrath of the forum mods.
On this index, my military is a 10-10-7.
Raider, military coniessour, God's slowest writer.

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:40 am

The United Artherian Federation wrote:"Thank you, Mr/Mrs. Representative. Now, let's get these negotiations started, shall we?"-Artherian EPA director William First

"Of course."
-Argentinstan representative
Telegram Me

Roborian
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 13, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Roborian » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:55 am

Exec City Pavilion

Ambassador Frederick Weaver takes his seat in the negotiation room, glancing about at the others with nods of greeting.

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:56 am

Roborian wrote:Exec City Pavilion

Ambassador Frederick Weaver takes his seat in the negotiation room, glancing about at the others with nods of greeting.

The Rep of Argentinstan greets him and they engage in small talk.
Telegram Me

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:58 am

"So, who wants some Artherian Champaign?" William First
Twice sigbanned, once scared of the wrath of the forum mods.
On this index, my military is a 10-10-7.
Raider, military coniessour, God's slowest writer.

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:14 pm

The United Artherian Federation wrote:"So, who wants some Artherian Champaign?" William First

"I'll have a glass. Why not try a glass of Mendoza Pinot noir from 1985?"
-Argentinstan representative

"Let's get onto our agenda. What are your nations' views on climate change, global warming?"
Telegram Me

Roborian
Lobbyist

New York Times Democracy

Postby Roborian » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:04 pm

Weaver

"Well, it is certainly happening, I'm certain we all can agree." Weaver began, taking a sip of water in lieu of wine, illegal as it was in his nation. "The three questions to be asked are the level of human involvement, the capacity to eliminate or redirect that involvement, and the cost of such elimination or redirection. The world does change naturally, of course, and while humanity does have an impact, to what extent that impact is responsible for changing temperatures and other factors: five percent? Thirty percent? Ninety-five percent? Will be critical in our views of the second and third aspects."

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:04 pm

Roborian wrote:Weaver

"Well, it is certainly happening, I'm certain we all can agree." Weaver began, taking a sip of water in lieu of wine, illegal as it was in his nation. "The three questions to be asked are the level of human involvement, the capacity to eliminate or redirect that involvement, and the cost of such elimination or redirection. The world does change naturally, of course, and while humanity does have an impact, to what extent that impact is responsible for changing temperatures and other factors: five percent? Thirty percent? Ninety-five percent? Will be critical in our views of the second and third aspects."

"Argentinstan is committed to ending climate change," Argentinstan's representative speaks,"we have measures in place to limit fossil fuels, oil drilling both on land and offshore, as well as release of other harmful chemicals. Humanity is often the cause for global warming and these issues that some my just pass off as "natural." We need to act responsibly and accordingly to reduce climate change while also focusing on ending climate change."
Telegram Me

Joaquin States
Attaché

Founded: May 15, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Joaquin States » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:22 pm

The Vice President spoke up,while taking a sip from his iced tea,"Joaquin States is committed to work with these countries,as we see that climate change is a dangerous issue. We agree with having stronger regulation.Although we want to limit fossil fuels we still are trying to find ways to use oil in an efficient and clean ways.We believe with working with other countries will help us reduce climate change which is a very dangerous issue that we face in our modern society".
Last edited by Joaquin States on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The 2nd World Summit of Leaders
"Partnering for Change, Engaging the World"
MEMBER NATION

Roborian
Lobbyist

New York Times Democracy

Postby Roborian » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Weaver

"If the goal is to 'end' climate change." Weaver noted. "Then you will require a great deal of human action. In a current warming period, in order to prevent the climate from changing, you would need to focus on something along the lines of releasing ash into the atmosphere to prevent temperature ascension. When the earth is in a cooling period, intentional greenhouse gas production would be required. It seems rather absurd to posit to "end" climate change, given that such a policy must be reactionary, humans attempting directly to contravene nature and maintain a continuous, unchanging state, a wholly unnatural one."

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Joaquin States wrote:The Head Of Foreign Affairs spoke up,while taking a sip from his iced tea,"Joaquin States is committed to work with these countries,as we see that climate change is a dangerous issue. We agree with having stronger regulation.Although we want to limit fossil fuels we still are trying to find ways to use oil in an efficient and clean ways.We believe with working with other countries will help us reduce climate change which is a very dangerous issue that we face in our modern society".

"I fully support Joaquin States' ideology and my nation would like to work with them," Argentinstan's representative says while opening another package of coffee and pouring it into the machine."We have developed lots of efficient and green ways of oil drilling and would be happy to share our technologies with them."
Telegram Me

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Roborian wrote:Weaver

"If the goal is to 'end' climate change." Weaver noted. "Then you will require a great deal of human action. In a current warming period, in order to prevent the climate from changing, you would need to focus on something along the lines of releasing ash into the atmosphere to prevent temperature ascension. When the earth is in a cooling period, intentional greenhouse gas production would be required. It seems rather absurd to posit to "end" climate change, given that such a policy must be reactionary, humans attempting directly to contravene nature and maintain a continuous, unchanging state, a wholly unnatural one."

"Human action is better than no action. It is extremely important that world nations unite to fight climate change"
Telegram Me

TimeRocks
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby TimeRocks » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:05 pm

"Ladies and Gentlemen Thank you for allowing us to be here. Climate Change is a serious issue and its a great sign we are all gathered here to stop it. It is an issue that transcends tensions of the world and fate itself. I propose that all nations here adopt a pledge to ban all fossil fuel transportation by 2040."

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:07 pm

TimeRocks wrote:"Ladies and Gentlemen Thank you for allowing us to be here. Climate Change is a serious issue and its a great sign we are all gathered here to stop it. It is an issue that transcends tensions of the world and fate itself. I propose that all nations here adopt a pledge to ban all fossil fuel transportation by 2040."

"Welcome," says the Argentinstan representative, quickly offering a glass of wine to the TR rep."I stand with your view that climate change is a serious issue and that unity is the best path forward. I don't think we should ban fossil fuels completely, just find environmentally-friendly and greener ways to extract it while reducing our dependence by researching types of alternative energies."
Telegram Me

Mato Usia Hasi
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mato Usia Hasi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:17 pm

People of this room. Do not chastise us and our oil partners. Oil can be clean. If you grant oil companies like CITGO tax exemptions then we can invest more in renewables. Oil and climate change can work hand in hand. I am the CEO of CITGO and I am for an agreement like this.
Last edited by Mato Usia Hasi on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Mato Usia Hasi wrote:People of this room. Do not chastise us and our oil partners. Oil can be clean. If you grant oil companies like CITGO tax exemptions then we can invest more in renewables. Oil and climate change can work hand in hand. I am the CEO of CITGO and I am for an agreement like this.

"Thank you for coming," says Argentinstan's representative while looking at the attendee list."I agree that oil and climate change can work hand in hand. That is why I am for greener, cleaner ways of oil extraction while looking for alternative energies. And frankly, this isn't the place to beg for a tax credit"
Last edited by Argentinstan on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telegram Me

Mato Usia Hasi
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mato Usia Hasi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:23 pm

Argentinstan wrote:
Mato Usia Hasi wrote:People of this room. Do not chastise us and our oil partners. Oil can be clean. If you grant oil companies like CITGO tax exemptions then we can invest more in renewables. Oil and climate change can work hand in hand. I am the CEO of CITGO and I am for an agreement like this.

"Thank you for coming," says Argentinstan's representative while looking at the attendee list."I agree that oil and climate change can work hand in hand. That is why I am for greener, cleaner ways of oil extraction while looking for alternative energies. And frankly, this isn't the place to beg for a tax credit"

"Ma'am let me tell you something. Oil is not green, there no green ways to extract it. But there ways to make it cleaner. You can add additives to fuel or ethanol to make burn better for the planet."

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:24 pm

Mato Usia Hasi wrote:
Argentinstan wrote:"Thank you for coming," says Argentinstan's representative while looking at the attendee list."I agree that oil and climate change can work hand in hand. That is why I am for greener, cleaner ways of oil extraction while looking for alternative energies. And frankly, this isn't the place to beg for a tax credit"

"Ma'am let me tell you something. Oil is not green, there no green ways to extract it. But there ways to make it cleaner. You can add additives to fuel or ethanol to make burn better for the planet."

"I am male," says the Argentinstan representative (room erupts in small laughs),"we live in the present. But we must study for the future. 200 years ago, our ancestors could not predict computers, the World Wide Web, and climate change. Look where we are now. We need to study this, analyze, and experiment with greener ways to extract oil."
Telegram Me

Mato Usia Hasi
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mato Usia Hasi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:30 pm

Argentinstan wrote:
Mato Usia Hasi wrote:"Ma'am let me tell you something. Oil is not green, there no green ways to extract it. But there ways to make it cleaner. You can add additives to fuel or ethanol to make burn better for the planet."

"I am male," says the Argentinstan representative (room erupts in small laughs),"we live in the present. But we must study for the future. 200 years ago, our ancestors could not predict computers, the World Wide Web, and climate change. Look where we are now. We need to study this, analyze, and experiment with greener ways to extract oil."

"Sally, oil is not clean nor green. Oil is a fossil fuel and must be burned and released into the atmosphere don't sugarcoat it. If you work with us and other companies we can add things into our fuels to make them cleaner."

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:32 pm

Mato Usia Hasi wrote:
Argentinstan wrote:"I am male," says the Argentinstan representative (room erupts in small laughs),"we live in the present. But we must study for the future. 200 years ago, our ancestors could not predict computers, the World Wide Web, and climate change. Look where we are now. We need to study this, analyze, and experiment with greener ways to extract oil."

"Sally, oil is not clean nor green. Oil is a fossil fuel and must be burned and released into the atmosphere don't sugarcoat it. If you work with us and other companies we can add things into our fuels to make them cleaner."

"We can all grasp the fact that oil is and was never clean or green," he says,"my Government has been working tirelessly from square one to combat drilling both on land and offshore while also directing studies into how to protect the environment from it. It is my belief that companies should drill responsibly without government intervention."
Telegram Me

Mato Usia Hasi
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mato Usia Hasi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:43 pm

:lol2:
Argentinstan wrote:
Mato Usia Hasi wrote:"Sally, oil is not clean nor green. Oil is a fossil fuel and must be burned and released into the atmosphere don't sugarcoat it. If you work with us and other companies we can add things into our fuels to make them cleaner."

"We can all grasp the fact that oil is and was never clean or green," he says,"my Government has been working tirelessly from square one to combat drilling both on land and offshore while also directing studies into how to protect the environment from it. It is my belief that companies should drill responsibly without government intervention."

" I completely agree. We are in favor of agreements like this. This set an international standard and level the playing field. Please include tax incentives to encourage us to invest in green energy."

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:46 pm

Mato Usia Hasi wrote::lol2:
Argentinstan wrote:"We can all grasp the fact that oil is and was never clean or green," he says,"my Government has been working tirelessly from square one to combat drilling both on land and offshore while also directing studies into how to protect the environment from it. It is my belief that companies should drill responsibly without government intervention."

" I completely agree. We are in favor of agreements like this. This set an international standard and level the playing field. Please include tax incentives to encourage us to invest in green energy."

"Tax incentives?" Argentinstan's rep says,"I am now suspecting corporations want in not only to polish their image but to capitalize on business subsidization. While I don't hate the idea, I feel like we should scrutinize this."
Telegram Me

Mato Usia Hasi
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Mato Usia Hasi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:52 pm

Argentinstan wrote:
Mato Usia Hasi wrote::lol2:

"Tax incentives?" Argentinstan's rep says,"I am now suspecting corporations want in not only to polish their image but to capitalize on business subsidization. While I don't hate the idea, I feel like we should scrutinize this."

" There is no better way for cooperation or disvestment.If your governemts provide us the tax tolls and motivation to divest , we will divest and switch. You get to fight against climate chanege and so do we."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents