NATION

PASSWORD

Vietmihn Coup D'Etat [OPEN, MT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Vietmihn
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Vietmihn Coup D'Etat [OPEN, MT]

Postby Vietmihn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:31 pm

This has been kept top secret by the government, and we will tell it to you now. The government of Vietmihn has been slowly shrinking the size of the military.

The government was a military dictatorship for 11 years, after a revolution happened, a democracy was put in place. The military is now half the size of what it used to be, and the military has not been happy with this for a long time, as the retired Commanding General of the army used to be the secretary of the military under the last dictatorship.

The military has been attempting the downfall of the government ever since the revolution. The government was hiding this behind their backs, but they knew it all right.

Today is the day. The military has found that this day, soon after the election, people are celebrating and happy, nobody would think anything would go wrong, well, they are wrong.

Waving the flag of the revolution, 200,000 soldiers, and 5/8 of the commanders of the army have split off, and are parading through the streets, chanting "We will reign again!".

The rest of the military is having trouble holding off the many soldiers parading through the streets, as many soldiers are still in or near Doyasi.

The government has been set on Interior Risk Level 0. Many rights are being revoked, the reserves are being mobilized, and the government has fled away from the coup taken capital.

Last edited by Vietmihn on Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vietmihn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 pm

2nd Military Junta Radio Broadcast

"We will take over once again. We have taken the capital and 2/3 of the country.", says a military man with a black mask on, in a dark room with red flags behind him.

"Hurrah for the Military revolution! We will make Vietmihn better."

Flag of the Junta.

TimeRocks
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby TimeRocks » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:36 pm

The Viet.President and surviving cabinet stuff is under the protection of our government and is receiving medical care.
From the hospital, if she wants will be taken to the loyal Vietmihn diplomatic mission or will be able to do what she wants. She, the cabinet, and their friends/families are welcome in our nation and will receive government protection.

Valkiir
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Valkiir » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:37 pm

A 0.2 Kiloton ( non-Nuclear, equal to 20x 2000 lb bombs ) Kinetic Warhead strikes The runway at the Airbase housing the recently purchase Valkiir fighters.

Do not threat Our citizens...
WE ARE NOT IN MOOD TO PLAY NICELY. YOU WILL STAND DOWN. WE HELPED ARM AND TRAIN YOU, WE WILL DISARM YOU BY FORCE.
Signed John Rhictor Valkiiri

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vietmihn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:41 pm

The Secretary of Defense Joseph Kerrington:
AAAAAAAAAAHMYFIGHTERSOMGOMGOMGOMGTHATCOSTEDSOMUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, at least I stayed loyal.

Junta: All of the citizens have been locked up in our new labor camps to await death. The embassy has bees charged, and the ambassador sent to a prision camp along with all the other staff.
We have sent a burst of 10 rockets at large valkiiri cities.

True President: I am in the hospital, and I thank you Mr. Valkiiri.
*she then goes into unconsciousness.*

TimeRocks
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby TimeRocks » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:44 pm

Vietmihn wrote:The Secretary of Defense Joseph Kerrington:

Junta: All of the citizens have been locked up in our new labor camps to await death. The embassy has bees charged, and the ambassador sent to a prision camp along with all the other staff.
We have sent a burst of 10 rockets at large valkiiri cities.

*she then goes into unconsciousness.*

AT TR TRIHOSPITAL
The Vietmihn President is at a secure government run top-secret hospital with her staff and family. They are being protected by several battalions of TR forces, SAMS sites, and patrolling aircraft. The hospital is underground in a TR national park. It is nuke and chemical warfare proof.
Last edited by TimeRocks on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Argentinstan
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:47 pm

We offer the Vietminh President and her family asylum in Argentinstan. She will be protected 24/7 and may ask to go anonymous.

We can confirm that the Vietminh embassy and consulates have declared loyalty to her government.

We ask that the Junta does not harm or detain any Argentine national.
Last edited by Argentinstan on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A United Nations of Earthlings member state. Former Prime Minister.
Embassy Program l Bank of the Atlantic l Air Argentine l Argentinstan City Int'l Airport l Guide to Storefronts l Issues l City/County/State/Territory Websites
Telegram Me

Argentinstan is a constitutional monarchy representative democracy led by King Menem III and President Elijah Turner.

TimeRocks
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby TimeRocks » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:48 pm

Copa flights to Vietmihn are continuing as normal. Our small embassy in Vietmihn is evacuating TR nationals.

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:49 pm

TimeRocks wrote:Copa flights to Vietmihn are continuing as normal. Our small embassy in Vietmihn is evacuating TR nationals.

Air Argentine flights are proceeding as scheduled. Our embassy isn't mandating evacuations but will provide them if nessecary. Military bases are on high alert.
Embassy Program l Bank of the Atlantic l Air Argentine l Argentinstan City Int'l Airport l Guide to Storefronts l Issues l City/County/State/Territory Websites
Telegram Me

Argentinstan is a constitutional monarchy representative democracy led by King Menem III and President Elijah Turner.

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vietmihn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Junta Broadcast

"We will prevail. We will never step down. We are hereby revoking all constitutional rights in the country, and nationalizing all business. We have also arrested argentine nationals in the country, and have put them in our work camps.", says a group of men with AK-47s all in black.
"We are the junta. We will win."

President Rodrigo: Please take me to argentinstan...." *thump*

Valkiir
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkiir » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:50 pm

[quote=vietmihn;26182939]The Secretary of Defense Joseph Kerrington:
We have sent a burst of 10 rockes at large valkiiri cities. One hits a large apartment building.
*she then goes into unconsciousness.*[/quote]
The remaining Missiles are shot down BY Deadfall air defense system.
the 95th Assault Regiment airdrops onto Labor camps supported by A-7c Ground attack aircraft and AV55 gunships.

TimeRocks
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby TimeRocks » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:51 pm

Vietmihn wrote:Junta Broadcast

"We will prevail. We will never step down. We are hereby revoking all constitutional rights in the country, and nationalizing all business. We have also arrested argentine nationals in the country, and have put them in our work camps.", says a group of men with AK-47s all in black.

The doctor approaches the President's staff.
"If she leaves the hospital she will die because she is on life support.She cannot leave for her sake."

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:52 pm

Please release the Argentine nationals. We have done you no harm.
Telegram Me

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:53 pm

TimeRocks wrote:

The doctor approaches the President's staff.
"If she leaves the hospital she will die because she is on life support.She cannot leave for her sake."

OOC: There is something going on about life support in the U.K.

We ask that until she can get off life support she stay at TR hospitals. We can arrange her move if she wants but it is risky.
Telegram Me

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vietmihn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:54 pm

OOC: Not now, but once she is doing better.

"You are a friend of the former government, we will do all we can to destroy your influence in this country."

"Oh, No." "Our labor camps are being liberated."

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:56 pm

Vietmihn wrote:OOC: Not now, but once she is doing better.

"You are a friend of the former government, we will do all we can to destroy your influence in this country."

OOC: Of course

We kindly ask their release. If you don't our troops will advance.
Telegram Me

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vietmihn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:58 pm

Argentinstan wrote:

OOC: Of course

"Never. WE SHALL PREVAIL!!"
"HAIL TO THE JUNTA!"
We have launched a fury of rockets at any enemy soldiers in our country.

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vietmihn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:00 pm

"We we will shoot down an AirArgentine and Sleipniir Air jet."
"THE JUNTA SHALL PREVAIL!"

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Vietmihn wrote:
Argentinstan wrote:OOC: Of course

"Never. WE SHALL PREVAIL!!"
"HAIL TO THE JUNTA!"
We have launched a fury of rockets at any enemy soldiers in our country.

Rockets? Don't you think we have defense systems that can easily deflect?

Anyhow Congress hereby declares war on the Junta of Vietmihn and joins Valkiir and fighting them. Our forces inside Vietmihn have begun to invade. We are sending more troops from the our nation and from our bases in Mjobsarous among other nations.
Telegram Me

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:01 pm

Vietmihn wrote:"We we will shoot down an AirArgentine and Sleipniir Air jet."
"THE JUNTA SHALL PREVAIL!"

Flights we suspended long before once you announced sending my nationals to labor camps.
Telegram Me

Valkiir
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Valkiir » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:02 pm

Valkiir citizens at the labor camps are issued rifles and body armor and join up with the Regular army. More weapons and equipment are airdropped ot the troops as the citezen soldiers of teh reublic move to assist their fellow soldiers.

The HMS Kraken at the dock for repairs near the capital begins to fire its 16-inch guns at Junta offices and communications towers. The 200 Marines from the Kraken assault a Junta command center with rifles shotguns and hand grenades as they launch an assault aimed at capturing the Junta members.

From John Rictor Valkiiri. to the leader of the JUntaSurrender at once or we will hunt you down and I will personally Put a bullet in Your head...Vietminh is a friend, The Presiden is MY PERSONAL FEIND...I will not repeat myself. Stand down.

Argentinstan
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Argentinstan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Argentine forces combined with volunteer troops outnumber to measly number of Vietmihn soldiers in Northern Vietmihn. However it is predicted ther will be opposition nearing the capital.
Telegram Me

TimeRocks
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby TimeRocks » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:06 pm

The Vietmihn President and her Cabinet were successfully transferred in secret to Arg. The media and public does not know about this.
Copa flights from TR city to Vietmihn are continuing as normal.

Vietmihn
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vietmihn » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:08 pm

Loyalist Vietmihn Soldiers join up with argentine soldiers and they take the outskirts of the capital, however, deeper inside, there is a mass concentration of soldiers.

A TR plane almost got shot down, but landed safely in arg territory (MIA)

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Anti-Coup Protests Erupt Again in Vietminh

Protesters came out across the country against the current unelected government. Unions from around nations went on a general strike Thursday afternoon demanding the removal of coup-imposed Junta and his party's neoliberal austerity measures.

Protesters included several trade union groups, the Popular Front and People Without Fear front who were centered in the southeastern states, and have been rallying with the slogan “No Right to Less” and “Out with the Junta”.

Workers from the transportation, education, health, bank and education sectors came together to oppose the Junta's austerity measures which the union says will remove basic protections for workers and exacerbate poverty and inequality. Unions that turned out included the Sindical Force, the General Union of Workers, the New Central Trade Union of the workers, and the Intersindical and Central Workers Organization of Vietminh.

In the capital, a number of protesters were planned with a number of other cities across the country also planning demonstrations. Videos posted on social media also showed a number of youth demonstrators from the National Universities in the commercial district.

The Junta currently has a very low approval rating and the Popular Front and People Without Fear Front have been mounting a number of demonstrations around the nation in opposition to the interim government and the ousting of former President, which many have described as a coup.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents