NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

The Dance of Chaos [OOC-Fantasy-DEAD]

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:25 am

ONCE UPON A TIME

Darkness has always existed in the world of Lonriel. But over the past decades, chaos has been spreading like a wildfire. In the Forests of the Loroi, the tensions between the Children of the Sun and the Children of the Moon have grown so much that the danger of a fratricide war among the Old Ones is a real possibility.. and in the distant north, the Zemrai Realms have started to isolate themselves from the rest of the world in their kingdoms under the stone. In the far east, something seems to be threatening the Karaki Hordes, and their raids and attacks have become more and more daring, while disturbing rumors have started the few humans brave enough to live near the Blight and near the Shadow. The Human Realms have been in a constant decline.. as only three years ago, the Great War, the War of the Seven Realms was finally brought to an end. The war in which the armies and hordes of the evil and twisted Empire of Achisia tried conquer all that was in their path. When all hope seemed to be lost, the Faith found sixteen mages and armed them with weapons of untold power. The Knights of the Light as they were called, led the armies of those who resisted against Achisia's darkness towards victory. Two of them perished in bloody battles, while the remaining fourteen challenged the despicable Achisian Emperor in the final battle. Tragedy struck, as seven of them broke their vows and helped their evil enemy, but those who remained true defeated the Seven Traitors, and killed old Mage-Emperor and all his spawn, forever cursing their names. Three years ago, the Seven Heroes brought peace to these lands. But peace was only an illusion.

The Cult of the Sins is wreaking havoc again, as the evil they represent is taking over more and more souls, while monstrous beings have started to appear everywhere. The Holy Alliance, the Council of the Six Realms that fought against that horrible evil, is about to collapse due to infighting, and wars are going to scar the human nations once again. And when the chaos starts dancing.. will the mortals be able to resist its call?

EXPLANATION

Well, greetings! I'm rather bad at writing introductions like these, but oh well. Welcome to the Dance of Chaos, my little fantasy roleplay. It is set in of Lonriel, a world of magic and legends, of mages, knights, warriors, monsters, of demons and angels. While not entirely original, since it has been inspired by various books, movies, and anime series, it is a realm where all sorts of adventures can happen, stuck in the middle of a medieval-like age, where magic is everything. Most of the action of this roleplay will happen inside the Human Realms, but players can make characters anywhere they wish. Three years after the end of a brutal war, chaos and violence seem to rule everywhere, and there are many stories that have to be told. Regardless of whether you want to play a human, an elf, a dwarf, an orc, or a cursed being, regardless of whether you want to be a skillful mage, a valiant knight or a brutal monster, there is something that you can do in this wonderful and yet terrible world. Thank you for checking this out, and I hope that we'll all have a lot of fun!

RULES

OP: Tracian Empire
CO-OP's:

• I am the OP here, so my powers are nearly unlimited. The CO-OP's will be like my little underlings, so players should listen to us. Those who will break the rules will be brutally punished, of course.
  • Godmodding will result into a quick and brutal impaling.
  • Please, try to treat all the other players with respect.
  • There isn't going to be a strict limit on the number of characters that a player might have, but I'd love to see a single well made character more than many rough and poorly made characters.
  • Put some effort into your posts, please. All players have different writing skills, and some of us will be busy, but since we are roleplaying for fun, people should be able to enjoy the posts of others.
  • Let's try to avoid arguments, alright?
  • If you break the rules, you get a strike. Three strikes mean death. A very severe breaking of the rules or a special situation might result in a player's direct removal from the roleplay.
  • Have fun! Or else..

APPS

Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=150]Character Application[/size][/align]
[b](I highly suggest that you should read the OOC and parts of the Lore prior to filling this out, as they can help you when creating an app.)
(Fill it out as requested.)
(Erase everything in parentheses when finishing the app)[/b]

[b]Name:[/b] (Well..does it need an explanation?)
[b]Age:[/b] (In normal, human years please.)
[b]Gender:[/b](Biological gender, please.)
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] (Whatever you want.)
[b]Race:[/b]( There is a list of races in the Lore section, but, I will also allow people to make apps for cursed beings, spiritual beings or monsters.)
[b]Appearance:[/b](Pictures please, and if there is anything that the picture does not cover, like height and weight, please also add them here.)
[hr][/hr]
[b]Position/Status/Affiliation:[/b](What do they do for a living? Are they part of any organizations? Are they loyal to anyone in particular? Stuff like that.)
[b]Skills/Powers//Magic:[/b] (Do they have any particular skills, or powers? Can they wield magic, and if so, which type?)
[b]Equipment:[/b] (What equipment do they have with them?)
[hr][/hr]
[b]Personality:[/b] (The life blood of a character. I know that people don't like to write lengthy paragraphs about a character's personality, but include at least a small description.)
[b]Moral Alignment:[/b] (Optional.Basic DnD Alignment Grid, if you'd like.)
[b]Biography:[/b] (What is their story? What is their past? A short bio of your character.)
[b]Goals:[/b] (Does your character have any goals in life?)
[b]Theme Song:[/b](Optional, a song could be nice, but many people don't like it.)
[hr][/hr]
[b]RP Sample:[/b](If I know you, you can skip this part, but if not, I need a sample to see how good you are.)
[b]Did you read the Rules?:[/b] (Yes?)
[b]Miscellaneous:[/b](If there is anything else you would want to add..)
#KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)
[/box]

For the lore on relics, check this
Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=150]Relic App[/size][/align]
    [b](I highly suggest that you should read the OOC and parts of the Lore prior to filling this out, as they can help you when creating an app.)
    (Fill it out as requested.)
    (Erase everything in parentheses when finishing the app)[/b]

[b]Names:[/b] (Relics have many names, but they normally have at least one that they really like. As their true name must remain hidden, they normally have a name that is commonly used by their masters. Historical relics also have a historical name.)
    [b]Type:[/b] (Holy, or cursed? Check the lore for more explanations)
    [b]Gender:[/b](All relics had an original gender while they were still mortal souls, and they [i]normally[/i] choose the same gender when they shift to a human form. )
    [b]Sexual Orientation:[/b] (Whatever you want. They do have a human form after all.)
    [b]Race:[/b](I did say human form, but nothing stops them from shapeshifting into another race. To what race does their usual form belong?)
    [b]Form as an object:[/b] (How do they look as an object? Relics normally appear as weapons, but they can be any object they desire.)
    [b]Form as a being:[/b] (How they look in the form of a living being?)
    [b]Appearance:[/b] (Pictures would be nice.)
    [hr][/hr]
    [b]Position/Status/Affiliation:[/b](Do they have a master?  If they do, does their master have any affiliations?)
    [b]Skills/Powers//Magic:[/b] (What special skills and powers does this relic have?)
    [hr][/hr]
    [b]Personality:[/b] (The life blood of a character. I know that people don't like to write lengthy paragraphs about a character's personality, but include at least a small description.)
    [b]Moral Alignment:[/b] (Optional.Basic DnD Alignment Grid, if you'd like.)
    [b]History:[/b] (The origin of all relics are lost to the past, and not even the relics themselves remember it. However, relics have been used by mortals for a long time. If your relic has an important past, or if it has been found before, you can mention it here.)
    [b]Goals:[/b] (Does the relic have any goals? Anything they desire to accomplish?)
    [b]Theme Song:[/b](Optional, a song could be nice, but many people don't like it.)
    [hr][/hr]
    [b]RP Sample:[/b](If I know you, you can skip this part, but if not, I need a sample to see how good you are.)
    [b]Did you read the Rules?:[/b] (Yes?)
    [b]Miscellaneous:[/b](If there is anything else you would want to add..)
    #KBE7TY2IEV (Do not remove, this is for keeping track of the apps)[/box]
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Tue May 01, 2018 9:29 am, edited 15 times in total.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS

NON PLAYABLE CHARACTERS

ACCEPTED RELICS

Last edited by Tracian Empire on Tue May 01, 2018 9:32 am, edited 18 times in total.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

[RESERVED]
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Tue May 01, 2018 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:33 am

Tag.

*Soviet Anthem begins to play.*
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Tourma
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:35 am

Tag. This looks fun!

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:04 am

Tag, obviously! :p
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Gatito
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gatito » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:58 am

Tag, app coming later today
Lazarus (Link) citizen
International Northwestern Union (Link) citizen (as Otitag), former 2 time delegate
Central Pacific Empire (Link) citizen (as Octuagesimo Octavo), former assemblyman prior to merger

Egoist, post-left, anarcho-naturist, luddite, apolitical lifestylist
I'm a girl, dammit

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:03 am

Tagged. I have 2 ideas for a character, just need to decide on one before I start my app but it'll be up today for sure.
Last edited by The Land of Golden Blobfish on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:47 pm

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:Tagged. I have 2 ideas for a character, just need to decide on one before I start my app but it'll be up today for sure.

If you need any help with the lore, or any help in deciding between those ideas, just tell me.

Or ask one of the CO-OP's, since I will go to sleep soon :P

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:58 pm

I question the pragmatism of getting CC to impale people. She's too nice. Give me those lovely toys. *steals all the stakes*

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:02 pm

Charlia wrote:I question the pragmatism of getting CC to impale people. She's too nice. Give me those lovely toys. *steals all the stakes*

Ahem.

I'll take those.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:06 pm

Charlia wrote:I question the pragmatism of getting CC to impale people. She's too nice. Give me those lovely toys. *steals all the stakes*

Well, I'm their natural user.

But a Charlia wielding stakes would truly be terrifying :p

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:19 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:

Well, I'm their natural user.

Huh, so on a scale of Higurashi to Flandre wanting to play, about how terrifying would you rate that?

Wait a second, I already know that. The answer is both!

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:23 pm

To apply or not...hmm. Consider this a mark of interest.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:27 pm

Charlia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, I'm their natural user.

Huh, so on a scale of Higurashi to Flandre wanting to play, about how terrifying would you rate that?

I know what Higurashi is, but I have no idea what Flandre îs..

Still, I only watched like a video of a scene of Higurashi and it left me traumatized.

So I know how terrifying it is :p

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:28 pm

Kwadai wrote:To apply or not...hmm. Consider this a mark of interest.

To apply, of course!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:47 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:Huh, so on a scale of Higurashi to Flandre wanting to play, about how terrifying would you rate that?

I know what Higurashi is, but I have no idea what Flandre îs..

Still, I only watched like a video of a scene of Higurashi and it left me traumatized.

Flandre Scarlet.

That is all.

(The wings though... they're so shiny... and she's kind of nuts... and she breaks people... she makes me very, very happy.)

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Charlia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I know what Higurashi is, but I have no idea what Flandre îs..

Flandre Scarlet.

That is all.

(The wings though... they're so shiny... and she's kind of nuts... and she breaks people... she makes me very, very happy.)

Oh, it looks interesting. I should check her out.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:23 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:Flandre Scarlet.

That is all.

Oh, it looks interesting. I should check her out.
She is very interesting. (Welcome to the Touhou Project fandom. You aren't allowed to leave.)

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:41 pm

Character Application

Name: Alex Viridian
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Race: Human
Appearance:
Is aroung 5’8”-ish and weighs 140 pounds.

Position/Status/Affiliation As a necromancer, Alex has been forced to cut ties with everything from his past life. He survives off the money/ goods he takes from his falling foes
Skills/Powers//Magic: Having a strong sense of willpower, Alex can withstand the darkness that tries to swallow him up, unlike other black magic-users who eventually succumb to evil. He is adept at black magic, specifically necromancy, and is able to use:
-Necromancy: Reanimating corpses and spirits to do his bidding

-Darkness manipulation: using dark energy as projectiles

-Mana shield: create a magic barrier to protect against incoming attacks, whether it be swords or arrows, but is costly on mana and puts tremendous strain on the user the more it wears.

(As the RP progresses, he will possibly learn new spells)

Equipment:
-An old, steel sword
-A staff
-Several tomes
-A pouch full of a surprisingly large amount of coins

Personality: Despite first appearances, Alex has a noble soul and merely wants to help those in need. He’s friendly enough to those around him and more than willing to put his own life on the line for the sake of others. However, he can be rather simple-minded about magic and strongly believes that there is no “good” or “bad” per say, just how one wields what is given to them. Because of this he sees nothing wrong with using necromancy as while most would say it’s disrespectful to the dead, Alex would argue that it’s for the greater good. When angered, he can often talk without thinking, especially about the nobility, and would often insult them based off nothing more than their status. Ironic, isn’t it? He hates nobles simply because their nobles and others hate him, a necromancer, for simply being a necromancer. He despises the Church, specifically the Knightly Orders, and claims that they put their stupid honour before doing what’s right.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic good
Biography: Being the son of a captain, Alex saw how the higher-ups care little in defending their people. His father was expelled from the Knights of the Golden Sun, and barely escaped from execution, for defending a village from orcs when he had been ordered to reinforce the defence of some arrogant count of the church’s castle. Alex couldn’t handle it, especially when armies turned into the nobility’s own personal bodyguards one after another, and ventured to the Magical Synod to seek help but he soon realized that the so called greatest mages of our time were more interested in pointless debates then in protecting their fellow humans. Necromancy, on the other hand, gave him the independence and the weapons needed to protect the common folk himself. Yet he was hated and was always on the run, in fear of the authorities capturing him. Alex had to disguise as a simple wayfarer in order to help whoever needed assistance. Peasants, farmers, it didn’t matter. At first, those that he encountered were suspicious of him, understandable of course, but even the most prejudiced amongst them was able to see that this necromancer was doing for them what the authorities weren’t. He was admired by them and rumors of the ‘Dark Guardian’ spread across the land.

Goals: In simple terms, to kill the killers and help the helpless.
Theme Song: Edgy

RP Sample: I got you covered, fam
Did you read the Rules?: Yes
Miscellaneous: What is the deal with airline food?
Last edited by The Land of Golden Blobfish on Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

Tourma
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tourma » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:50 pm

Name: Chance Ryota
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Appearance:

Position/Status/Affiliation: She is an Adventurer (For Hire). While not directly loyal to any organizations, she does have some friends who are members of the Black Hand.
Equiptment: Steel cutlass, round shield, leather backpack, compass, journal, dry food, various maps, a sheep w/ a saddle (she couldn't afford a horse).
Personality: Passionate, determined, and emotional: Chance is the literal embodiment of these emotions. When nervous, she is unsure of how to act, sometimes buckling under the pressure. Respect and trust are very important to her.
Moral Allignment: Chaotic Good
Biography: Daughter of a merchant, Chance spent her entire childhood within the borders of Arys, Anslem. When sailors and other merchants returned from their voyages, she loved listening to the stories they told. Tales of danger, far off places, creatures of darkness, and a plethora of other things, but they all sparked a sense of wonder in the young girl's mind. From a young age, Chance was adventurous and desired to see the world: not someone meant to spend their entire life within a city. At age 15, her parents got enough money together to buy the equipment needed for Chance to start her journey. Since then, Chance has discovered many new places and has embarked on numerous quests. But she'll never forget where she came from, and who's waiting for her there.
Goals: Make her family proud, find adventure, travel "the whole world".
Theme Song: This
RP Sample: When Gods Walked The Mortal Plane
Did you read the Rules? Yep
Miscellaneous: None.

Name: Andromeda Erinson
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Race: Formerly Human, Spiritual Being
Appearance:
Image Yeah, just pretend the gem is a really, really light blue.

Position/Status/Affiliation: Shows resentment towards people in general, while still not having direct negative feelings toward her homeland. Currently trapped inside a journal.
Skills/Powers/Magic: Hydrokinesis (to an extent, can't lift up entire oceans or anything)
Equipment: None (not counting the journal she's trapped in)
Personality: She is cold, bitter, and mistrusting towards others. Develops a defeatist attitude when faced with something beyond her control.
Moral Allignment: Chaotic Neutral
Biography:
While little is known about her early childhood, her and her family were mostly shunned, due to housing an adopted hybrid child (who Andromeda accepted as her brother). Far before the events of the Human War that tore the empire apart, she worked as a navigator for various expeditions. However, one of her expeditions was to explore an area dangerously close to the border of the Shadow Lands. While the rest of her group was perfectly fine with it, Andromeda had her doubts: she had heard of the dangers of these regions. But her group shrugged it off, not paying close attention to her warnings. Once night fell, strange things began to happen. Creatures they had never seen before wandered close and close to their location. Before anyone knew what was happening, it was too late: a Reaper charged into their campsite. What's a Reaper, you might ask? Well, it's nothing too dangerous: just a creature that claims the souls of those it catches. During the group's escape, Andromeda was tripped and left behind. Her soul was placed inside a soul gem, unable to escape. On the way back to the Shadows, the creature dropped Andromeda's gem (he was carrying multiple at the time). Later, a traveler found the gem, thought it was nice, and bound it into the cover of a journal. Of course, the journal was later stolen by a group of thieves, who later discarded it, dubbing it useless. And up to now, in an abandoned hut that once belonged to a group of thieves, the journal still lies, waiting...waiting......
Goals: Find home (not letting anyone stand in her way)
Theme Song: I Got You Fam
RP Sample: When Gods Walked The Mortal Plane
Did you read the Rules?: Yep
Miscellaneous: If the gem is removed from the journal, Andromeda reforms as a being who's body is a mere projection, controlled by a gem core (sound familiar?)
Last edited by Tourma on Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ichoria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ichoria » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Character Application

Name: Dakh
Race: Vorian/Human hybrid
Appearance: http://i.imgur.com/RQUfTy0.png

Position/Status/Affiliation Member of the Black Hand, but self-serving most of all
Skills/Powers//Magic: His Vorian blood gives him limited night-vision, limited emotional telepathy (can read emotions, but not thoughts), and limited thought-sowing abilities (can plant a thought or desire in someone's mind).
Equipment: Armor and knightly sword looted from dead Achisian noble

Personality: He's no stranger to brutality, but never cruelty. All he does has a method, and every deed a specific goal. Seductive, quick to laugh and intoxicatingly energetic. Brave, but not rash. Manipulative, but good enough that most don't notice.
Moral Alignment: Essentially self-serving, thought not completely amoral. Chaotic Neutral, mostly.
Biography: Rape is no taboo for the Dark Elves, but they take real pleasure in superior forms of cruelty. The manipulation of a human girl is no easy feat, one his father would fondly remember for years after Dakh's conception. His mother, born into Velikiyan nobility, was banished for her crime of "laying with a son of darkness". A weeks-long boat ride would take her to Heydekrug, where she begged for scraps and slept on the street as her belly grew in size. Sickness came on the eight month of pregnancy, the Blood Cough that had taken so many that year. The Sisters of Virtues took her in, a broken thing inside and out, and fed her soup and infusions while she rested. They say she was getting better before going into labor, but it is known that the Gods roll their die whenever a woman gives birth, and she was not among those more fortunate.
The wickedness his Dark-Elf ancestry sowed could, with proper rearing, have been avoided in adulthood, but bastard half-bloods like him are always seen as dangerous. When his mother died holding him in her arms, the only kindness the Sisters of Virtue could afford him was hiding the birth of such a tortured soul from the ever-vigilant inquisitors. The streets of Heydekrug became his home. He fed on scraps, and sold himself to merchant nobles, first for moldy crusts of bread, later for gold. When the Black Hand came to the city, like it had done many times before, to recruit members for the Achisian campaign, he, like many other, went. Most would parish. He did not.
His brothers-in-arms call him the Half-Blood, some more spitefully than others. Charming, but most of all dangerous. He's saved countless comrades in battle, but deep down, he sees only pawns in a board game with rules he's yet to unravel.
Goals: To live long and grow rich.
Theme Song:

RP Sample: You know I'm good at this, Thrace.
Did you read the Rules?: Yup.
Miscellaneous:There's a lot of lore (yay!), but somehow the maps don't show the cities you keep referring? (boo!) If you need help with that, let me know.
Last edited by Ichoria on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gatito
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gatito » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Character Application

Name: Helja Boulderhide
Race: Dwarf
Appearance:

4' 7", 120 lbs.

Position/Status/Affiliation Having been a thief for more than a decade (in human years), Helja was once part of a small group of criminals called the Rockhorn Gang that made a living off of raiding banks, caravans, and other lucrative places within the Dwarven kingdom of Kemthiod. Once its leader, Thordrath Rockhorn, was killed during an attempted robbery of a gold vault, she fled south into human lands, and makes a living as a trail guide in the countryside of Calaria, protecting travelers from attacks by monsters and wild animals. She knows several humans involved in the Gray Shadows, however has no connection to the group otherwise.
Skills/Powers//Magic: Helja is an excellent shot, and has one of the most expensive crossbows on the market in her possession to prove it (that she stole). This was of great use to the Rockhorn Gang back in its heyday, as her skills as a marksman allowed them to quickly take out anybody who could potentially stop their heists. In addition, she is also trained in how to use a long and short sword, and she carries one of each with her.
Equipment: Helja wears a chain mail vest that she keeps underneath her top shirt. In addition, she has two shoulder pads and a Dwarven kilt that was passed down through her family. For weaponry, she has a long and a short sword, as well as a steel-plated crossbow that she stole from a rich elf baron who was visiting Kemthiod. It has the ability to ignite crossbow bolts via a flint mechanism installed beneath the main shaft, and the wood has a protective coating over it to prevent burning or scorch marks.

Personality: Helja is iron willed and self-determined. She rarely takes orders from others, and often interprets these as challenges to her autonomy. However despite this, she is not fully independent, and often prefers the company of others over merely taking the loner route. She also has an altruistic side that isn't often seen by people who only know her as a thief, however it frequently shines through when she stays behind to provide mercy killings to critically wounded guards after a heist.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Biography: Helja was born to the Boulderhide family in Kemthiod. The Boulderhides usually inhabited the slopes of Dwarven mountains rather than their interiors, and as such she has rather tannish skin when compared to other Dwarves, who are frequently much paler. Because her family's farm was based in rocky and non-nutritious soil, they rarely made a sizable profit whenever harvest time came, and her mind is scarred with memories of long cold nights in which there was no food to eat. After reaching 14 human years, she left her family on the surface to become educated within the Dwarven undercities. There she met a harsh culture shock because of how rigidly structured Dwarven society was underground, compared to the free and whimsical life she lived on the surface. Because of this, she was problematic in school, and had to frequently be disciplined. This had an inverse effect on her, and she grew to resent her teachers more, eventually resulting in her expulsion. However, rather than returning to her family's farm, she lived on the streets because there were more resources available to her underground than on the mountains' slopes. It was in these dark alleyways that Helja first met Thordrath Rockhorn, a strong-willed Dwarf of 16 human years, who began taking her with him on robberies that he performed with his group of friends that would eventually become the Rockhorn Gang, an infamous group that was known throughout Kemthiod, and even the rest of the Dwarf world. During that time she developed a romantic relationship with Thordrath, and was devastated when he died in a shootout a few weeks after she turned 25. Having an enormous bounty on her head, she fled Kemthiod and journeyed into the human kingdom of Calaria, where the took up the life of a guide, escorting wealthy individuals through the countryside and protecting them from threats while also helping herself to their vast amounts of wealth.
Goals: Helja's goal in life is to live it to the fullest - to enjoy the gifts of happiness and to let nobody take them away from her. Such is the reason why she elected to enter the life of a criminal - the thrill of the heist made her feel alive and at ease with herself.
Theme Song: Right here

RP Sample: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Miscellaneous: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Lazarus (Link) citizen
International Northwestern Union (Link) citizen (as Otitag), former 2 time delegate
Central Pacific Empire (Link) citizen (as Octuagesimo Octavo), former assemblyman prior to merger

Egoist, post-left, anarcho-naturist, luddite, apolitical lifestylist
I'm a girl, dammit

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:52 pm

I would like to be able to accept these apps... or at least advise you on them, but at this point, I have no precedent on what Trace wants, sooooo... Yup. Sorry!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:39 am

The Land of Golden Blobfish wrote:
Character Application

Name: Alex Viridian
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance: Is aroung 5’8”-ish and weighs 140 pounds.

Position/Status/Affiliation As a necromancer, Alex has been forced to cut ties with everything from his past life. He survives off the money/ goods he takes from his falling foes
Skills/Powers//Magic: Having a strong sense of willpower, Alex can withstand the darkness that tries to swallow him up, unlike other black magic-users who eventually succumb to evil. Ironically enough, he is adept at black magic, specifically necromancy, and is able to use:
-Necromancy: Reanimating corpses and spirits to do his bidding

-Darkness manipulation: using dark energy as projectiles

-Mana shield: create a magic barrier to protect against incoming attacks, whether it be swords or arrows, but is costly on mana and puts tremendous strain on the user the more it wears.

(As the RP progresses, he will possibly learn new spells)

Equipment:
-An old, steel sword
-A staff
-Several tomes
-A pouch full of a surprisingly large amount of coins

Personality: Despite first appearances, Alex has a noble soul and merely wants to help those in need. He’s friendly enough to those around him and more than willing to put his own life on the line for the sake of others. However, he can be rather simple-minded about magic and strongly believes that there is no “good” or “bad” per say, just how one wields what is given to them. Because of this he sees nothing wrong with using necromancy as while most would say it’s disrespectful to the dead, Alex would argue that it’s for the greater good. When angered, he can often talk without thinking, especially about the nobility, and would often insult them based off nothing more than their status. Ironic, isn’t it? He hates nobles simply because their nobles and others hate him, a necromancer, for simply being a necromancer. He despises the Church, specifically the Knightly Orders, and claims that they put their stupid honour before doing what’s right.
Moral Alignment: Chaotic good
Biography: Being the son of a captain, Alex saw how the higher-ups care little in defending their people. His father was expelled from the Knights of the Golden Sun, and barely escaped from execution, for defending a village from orcs when he had been ordered to reinforce the defence of some arrogant count of the church’s castle. Alex couldn’t handle it, especially when armies turned into the nobility’s own personal bodyguards one after another, and ventured to the Magical Synod to seek help but he soon realized that the so called greatest mages of our time were more interested in pointless debates then in protecting their fellow humans. Necromancy, on the other hand, gave him the independence and the weapons needed to protect the common folk himself. Yet he was hated and was always on the run, in fear of the authorities capturing him. Alex had to disguise as a simple wayfarer in order to help whoever needed assistance. Peasants, farmers, it didn’t matter. At first, those that he encountered were suspicious of him, understandable of course, but even the most prejudiced amongst them was able to see that this necromancer was doing for them what the authorities weren’t. He was admired by them and rumors of the ‘Dark Guardian’ spread across the land.

Goals: In simple terms, to kill the killers and help the helpless.
Theme Song: Edgy

RP Sample: I got you covered, fam
Miscellaneous: What is the deal with airline food?

Accepted!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse