NATION

PASSWORD

San Jimenez International Meetings (IC | TWI ONLY | CLOSED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
San Jimenez
Envoy

Founded: Aug 27, 2016
New York Times Democracy

San Jimenez International Meetings (IC | TWI ONLY | CLOSED)

Postby San Jimenez » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:31 pm

Rules

• Please keep this respectful, this is a diplomatic RP, so no fighting.
  • Please only post if you are in TWI and have gotten permission from San Jimenez to post here.
  • Try not to quote everything, we want to have a flow of conversation.
  • As this is time-constrained, please do not post after your state visit ends unless we have another one.
Last edited by San Jimenez on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
......... ☨ The Republic of San Jimenez ☨ .........
...| Overview | Archive | Telegram |...
Proud to be a nation of The Western Isles.

Yorrkon
Secretary

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Yorrkon » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:05 pm

"Alrighty, have a good one" President Adam Leeman said as his last remarks, with a small chuckle, before placing the telephone back onto the desk. President Leeman got up from his leather chair with a rough exhale of air, and made his way out of the door, and into the hallway. While blinking his eyes to adjust to the new bright lights installed, Leeman made his way down the hallway before walking into Chancellor Henry Gorvich's office. The excitement expressed on his face was very noticeable, and Leeman prepared for Chancellor Gorvich's remark on it, being ready to inform of the good news.

"Good Afternoon, Leeman. You look exceptionally happy to be in my office. I'll take a wild guess and assume the Faltmun Malamutes won another game of field hockey." stated Gorvich in an unsurprising tone, with eyebrows raised veering his eyes between the television and Leeman.

"You would be correct Gorvich, but that is not what I am delighted about. I have just gotten off the phone with an invitation to a state meeting in San Jimenez. It is being prepared in advance to be taken place this upcoming Wednesday, as I have accepted the offer already". boasted Leeman

"This is excellent news Leeman. I suggest to begin making preparations yourself sir. I am already flattered you would inform this to me first before your own wife" Gorvich joked. President Leeman nodded his head, and waved off the Chancellor as he made his way out of the door. At the same moment, Gorvich spun his chair around focusing his attention back to the television, watching highlights of the Faltmun Malamutes victory.
Last edited by Yorrkon on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A New Yorker. Paying Luxury Tax, Property Tax, City Income Tax, State Income Tax, Sales Tax, Gas Tax, Auto Tax, Property Tax, Parking Tickets. Looking at bums.

"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo Tolstoy

Rationalist, Humanist, Pragmatic, Utilitarian, Patriotic

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:26 pm

With the click of the phone as Canone placed it back in its holster, his slight smile slowly diminished as he glanced toward the papers on the table in the hallway. "Early ELection Results" was labeled in the center of the page. His hand gently touched the papers and adjusted them into a straight, neat position. He placed his thumb on the tip of his lip as a sign of grief and stress covered his face followed. As he took a breath he walked down the hallway towards a room with a door wide open. He stopped at the door before walking into the room and smiled gently as he gazed at his wife asleep with a brown leather book with a worn our spine from repeated use in her hand. She had been pregnant for a month. Her finger laid between two pages as to keep her place. He walked quietly over to her and slowly grabbed the book to put it on the nightstand next to the dim lamp that filled the room. As he placed the book on the nightstand her eyes opened slowly. "Hey, how are you handling things?" she asked, "Well, fairly I'd say. I'm curious as to what the outcome of this election will be. I've already spoken with the cabinet and they agree that I arrange a few more speeches before election day." Canone answered as he passed by her, kissing her forehead, going towards the mirror to take off the pin and necklace he was wearing. "You know, our lives would hardly change if the election is lost, we could just go back to Del Agua and raise our baby there," she said smiling. "I know that either way, our lives will be great," Canone said smiling back at her from the mirror.

At that moment, one of Canone's advisors knocked on the door although it was open. "Come on in," Canone said. "Lucas, we're ready to call for the limo to meet the Yorrkish president at the airport and bring him back here," the advisor said, "Fantastic, thank you," Canone replied. His advisor rushed off after hearing the reply. "We better get ready then" Canone said as he looked towards Mary. "I already have something picked out for me to wear!" she said as she got out of bed and walked towards the closet. She pulled out a dress of black with a pearl necklace and bracelet attached pearl pins for her hair next to her nightstand, the same kind she wore for her wedding. "I'll just wear the normal I suppose" Canone said chuckling as he put the Jimenean National Sash across his torso. "They'll be here any moment, his wife should be accompanying him as well so you won't be too bored with politics all day," Canone said as he winked and grinned. "That'll be interesting, you think he's ever met a politician as young as you?" she asked, "I'm not that young, I'm at least old enough to be president," Canone replied as she looked at him with a joyful face. About 45 minutes had passed and the couple was entering the limo on their way to the airport. As the limo pulled out of the State House, the crowd there waved at the car, some holding the banners of San Jimenez and others holding the banner of Yorrkon. From both sides of the State House two large banners were draped over with the portraits of President Canone on the left and President Leeman on the right with the words "Viva San Jimenez!" and "Viva Yorrkon" underneath. The bells of the Catherdals rang out as a symbol of a blessing on the success of the meeting. As they pulled up near the airport, media surrounded the airport doors as they waited for the Yorrkish president.

Yorrkon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Yorrkon » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:07 pm

President Leeman peered out over the balcony, his eyes taking in the bright colors squeezing through clouds. It was chilly, he thought, pulling his blazer around himself, as the wind felt if piercing through his skin. The scent of rain hung in the air as he watched the sky darken and the colors fade away as morning fully arrived. Pinks, yellows, and reds disappeared first, before the exposure of blue patches trying to escape the proceeding gray. But as the mist thickened and the unmistakable roll of thunder growled threateningly, one color hung on, rapidly fading. Orange. It didn't take long until the husky color faded. Rain began to be splattered onto the deck. He went inside. "You are beginning to stand on the outside balcony at the morning's sunrise dear? Certainly this is the beginning indication of a middle aged man" Leeman's wife, Kate, said softly. "Oh please, I am only 43, the youth inside me still lives and breathes stronger than ever" Leeman responded in a caustic but joking manner. "Kluman tudak es'nt et?" he said to Kate in Yorrkish tongue, commenting on the gloomy weather. Kate gave an unfortunate sigh, "Let us hope the weather is much more preferable in San Jimenez", applying the finishing touches of facial makeup. "Good?" she asked, "Yes, of course" stated Leeman, in a tone as if obligated to agree. The two made their way towards the exit, to be greeted by an awaiting limousine in order to make their way towards the airport. Kate, afraid of the down-pouring rain, made the decision to be taken onto the aircraft, a refurbished air force cargo plane, through the gate terminals. President Leeman and his wife Kate, eager to begin the flight to San Jimenez, stood for a pose among the media cameras flashing lights, before boarding onto the aircraft.

President Leeman, as apart of the stratocracy's dress code for political affairs, is to wear the service uniform of the branch the individual had served in prior to office. Leeman was previously an officer in the Yorrkon Air Force, wearing a white undershirt, an air force blue three button suit jacket with a Yorrkish flag pin on the right, service ribbons on the left hand side, matching color pants, and black dress shoes. As well Accustomed with the service cap, a silver Derrabell branded watch, and a handkerchief. Kate decided to pick out a turn-down collar epaulet design double breasted peacoat, containing six buttons and long sleeves. She as well wore accessories such as crystal rounded earrings, and facial make-up. The flight had only lasted a few hours, making notice of the cavalcade of automobiles, and throng of civilians outside the airport's entrances before setting touchdown in San Jimenez. President Leeman held the hand of Kate as they walked with a moderate pace towards the airport's doors. Preparing to smile for the media's cameras, members of the Chancellor's Guard quickly positioned themselves besides the doors, saluting, as the sensors triggered themselves to automatically open. As the doors opened, a brief moment of standing still occurred as Leeman and Kate veered their eyes at the drove of people, embracing the environment, and then proceeded to walk forward towards the limousine doors. Kate, letting go of Leeman's hand, made eye contact with Canone's wife, approaching for a greeting hug. President Leeman casually nodded his head at Canone, beginning to extend his hand for a handshake.
A New Yorker. Paying Luxury Tax, Property Tax, City Income Tax, State Income Tax, Sales Tax, Gas Tax, Auto Tax, Property Tax, Parking Tickets. Looking at bums.

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:28 pm

As the Yorrkish couple continued walking, the crowd roared at first glance. Flags of the two countries surrounded the area as the people waved them and the colors of the nations' flags were displayed when the confetti was released into the sky. The palm trees surrounding the airport gently waved back and forth as a slight breeze blew.

Mary opened her arms with a smile and hugged her, interested in the foreigner's friendliness and bold introduction. "Welcome!" she said enthusiastically. "I'm happy to see you here, I trust the trip was pleasant?". Mary glanced at President Leeman as he made his way over to Canone.

Canone grinned and firmly shook the president's hand as flashes from cameras captured the momentous occasion. "Greetings Mr. President, I'm honored and pleased to see you today! I am posotive you will be delighted with the Jimenean Island." The Jimenean President waved towards the crowd as the group entered the limo for the drive back to the Jimenean State House. The crowd was lined up on the sides of the streets, cheering as the limo drove by. President Canone saw the moment as a chance to build a friendship with the foreigner. "President Leeman, what are your thoughts about all the fanfare?" he said with a slight laugh.

Yorrkon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Yorrkon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:00 pm

President Leeman gave off an exhaled laugh, "Well, it is quite more enthused than back in Yorrkon. May be because of the weather", Leeman responded to Canone, while Kate responded to Mary "Why yes it was; and the delightful welcome has made it much rousing".

President Leeman and Kate sat in the luxury limousine across from President Canone and Mary, making small conversation over the course of the driven route to the State House. Both Leeman and Kate took long glimpses of staring out the tinted windows of the limousine to observe the scenery of the Jimenez Capital city streets. The soft leather sewn cushions made the cruise to the State House furthermore comforting, along with the pleasant skies of clear weather, with the gazing sun's rays providing warmth against lower temperatures of the winter. "It is a very beautiful and lovely Island" Kate said with a smile on her face. The limousine continued to leisurely drive down the avenue, being cleared by the assistance of Jimenez law enforcement motorcade, until coming to a slow halt in sight of the State House.

Two men in suits walked over to both sides of the limousine, gripping onto the door handles. "It would appear we have arrived" Leeman said with a nod, while veering his eyes to Canone, Mary, and Kate. Leeman habitually looked upwards at the window into the suited man's eyes, attempting to signal the "ready" of exiting the vehicle as done in Yorrkon, until the doors on both sides quickly opened.

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:02 pm

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:22 pm

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:25 pm

The weather in Gran Teran, a city whose inner wonders of architecture had remained untouched from the hands of war, was quite cold. The sun glistened in a clear blue sky as the city waited in general anticipation for an expected meeting in their city. Gran Teran's citizens knew not much about what the meeting was concerning, however, they still stood on the opposite sides of the roadblocks to await the appearance of their Hearn. The Hearn's 2018 Cadillac CT6 drove through the city with great fanfare of people who were interested in seeing Dragao do Mar and San Jimenez reconcile and re-establish a foundation of friendship. Banners of both nations were waved proudly in excitement. Some of the passionate onlookers carried signs of "¡Viva Pinheiro!" and "¡Viva Canone!" which is practically a Jimenean custom for the nation's general allies. Although relations have been strained between the two countries, many in San Jimenez have regarded it a national interest that the two be reconciled. The Hearn's vehicle had finally arrived at the airfield where the prime minister was expected to land. As Hearn Canone exited the vehicle, he waved to the crowd and smiled as the banners flapped in the wind, seemingly in expectation for the Marian's plane.

Dragao do Mar
Envoy

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragao do Mar » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:48 am

Leonardo Pinheiro arrived in the airfield of Gran Teran at Saturday by 10:20 am after a direct flight from Fortaleza aboard the Dragão do Ar, the official Marian governmental aircraft. He bought a team of reliable advisers and his security staff. After maneuvering in the runway, the airplane stopped. Pinheiro was thoughtful on how he should behave when meeting Canone, as previously he cosidered their partnership buried in distrust, and the new Jimenean constitution brought great concern to him and his political allies in Dragão do Mar, as well as Marian investors.

After four minutes the front door opened and Pinheiro stepped out of the airplane, waving to the Jimenean crowd with a smile in his face. Differently from the last time Canone saw him, the PM now had a black painted hair and was clean-shaved, a new style he adopted some months before the Marian elections. Pinheiro got down through a stair car followed by two persons of his staff, and greet the Jimenean officials who conduced him to meet Lucas Canone. Nervous, but forcing a confident expression, he walked in the direction of a black vehicle in the runway. Then he recognized the man in front of the car and laughed timidly as he approximated and extend his hand to a handshake.
Member of The Western Isles | Latin America, Brazil, Ceará

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:59 pm

Canone grabbed the prime minister’s hand firmly and gave a grin. “It’s a pleasure to see you sir” Canone spoke as he motioned his hand towards the platform where a podium was raised and both flags fluttered on each side. As the two made their way up the steps to the podium, the San Jimenez Military Band prepared itself for the playing of the respective anthems of the two nations. To formally and officially begin the meeting of the heads of state, the Marian national anthem, Hino Nacional, was played and sung in Portuguese by Saint Anne’s National Choir. At its conclusion, the Jimenean anthem, ”Oh, Our San Jimenez”, soon followed, sung in English.

Applause filled the atmosphere as Hearn Canone walked over to the podium to speak to the press about the weekend’s meeting. As the flashes of cameras covered the scene, capturing the moment in its entirety, Canone spoke.

“Good evening, today, December 15, we begin to discuss a hopefully mutual agreement that will return friendship to the nations of San Jimenez and Dragão do Mar. I am extremely thankful and honored to be able to host Prime Minister Pinheiro here with us to take part in this great ambition. Although recent events have caused overwhelming concern and strain on our nation’s relationship with Dragão do Mar and vice versa, our administration remains confident that the restoration of our past bonds can still be obtained. I will now turn the podium over to the honorable Prime Minister Pinheiro should he wish to make any statements.”

Dragao do Mar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragao do Mar » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:18 pm

The PM nodded to Lucas Canone and walk up to the to the podium.

"Good evening everyone. As said by Lucas Canone, the Marian-Jimenean relation was prejudiced by unfortunate happenings in this year, which caused a great divergence of opinion between us. But even through me and Hearn Canone may have some distinct viewpoints, both of us are sure that our nations' population support the preservation of the mutual friendship and the international cooperation between our countries. With that in mind, I'm doing the possible to contribute for a future where Dragão do Mar and San Jimenez can work together to continue achieving progress. However, guaranteeing this doesn't depends only on my own desires, as I'll be no longer the PM of Dragão do Mar after January 7th. So, in order to end any disagreement and get rid of distrust, we are decided to discuss a deal that may benefits both of our countries."

The crowd applauded for some seconds and then Pinheiro step back from the podium.

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:16 pm

After the prime minister's quick address, the Cadillac for both of the leaders had pulled up, leading two other vehicles for the advisors of the Marian. Canone motioned with his hand for the prime minister to enter the vehicle. A tall, lean, man wearing a Jimenean sash across his torso opened the door for both of the leaders to enter for the extraction to the Peter Lee National Hearthstone, the residency of Lucas Canone and where the Hearn performed his daily responsibilities. A motorcade of Jimenean police escorted the vehicles to the capital ground. On the way to the capital, the sides of the road were generally filled with onlookers with some carrying signs. Some in protest while some in welcoming.

As both of the leaders looked out the window, Canone spoke up and asked the Prime Minister, "So, how are your activities in Dragao do Mar? I've been faced with a few daunting tasks here in Gran Teran, first and foremost, sorting out what to do about the remainder of the Republicans. I am unsure of whether or not you're aware but my first action as Hearn was to give all Republican soldiers amnesty, excluding those guilty of murdering civilians with the intention of course. Bringing them back into the lifestyle of the country is the greater task."

After about 20 minutes of driving through the city of Gran Teran both were finally able to view the grand architecture, statues, and luxury gardens of the city, you were also able to view the quite contrasting atmosphere left from the debris of war. Some buildings were still blasted and were engulfed in rubble from long-range gunners. Some parts of the sidewalk still the large absence of rock in them when shells blew holes into them. The most unfortunate scene had been the presence of homeless, begging, Jimeneans, who had practically been left with nothing from the war, other then there own honor from fighting it. Echoes of the horror of war were fading away, however, not at all transparent. "Our nation's integrity can be restored. It's my hope that it will come and soon." Canone said as the smile slowly diminished from his face.

Finally, the motorcade had arrived at the heart of Gran Teran, Peter Lee National Hearthstone. The door was opened by an armed guard of the Hearthstone and both of the leaders exited the vehicle, greeted by a few members of the College of Cardinals, one member of the four confederates present being in affiliation with the Protestant Delegation, a political party regarded as a minority in Jimenean politics. The only other notable person present was the Bishop of Gran Teran, Miguel Denalo. Both of the leaders met those there, shaking there hands and exchanging short and simple conversation. The bishop was there first to speak, "Good evening your excellency" he spoke as he looked at Hearn Canone, "and I hope you were received welcomingly into our country, prime minister" Bishop Denalo said to Pinheiro with a warm smile and placing his hand on the prime minster's shoulder while shaking his hand. The confederates spoke, all welcoming the prime minister and expressing their concerns for both of the nations to be reconciled. "Then we should no longer delay those desires from taking place," Hearn Canone said jokingly as both he and the prime minister were brought through the doors and into the Hearthstone. All of the group walked down the large corridor leading to the private office where the two heads of state could meet privately. As the two walked behind the group, Canone took the opportunity to show the prime minister the artwork of Jimenean heroes, the statues of Jimenean saints and made a simple effort to bring the cultural pride of San Jimenez into the mind of the the Marian. "This land, this island, is rich with spirit. I know it and I want to uncover what else lies beneath all of its potentials".

The group had finally arrived at the office where an oak door stood. "You may leave us here and go and retire in the main chamber to relax or do whatever your heart's content. Just don't touch the glass, the miss doesn't like fingerprints" Canone said as he laughed and smiled, opening the door for the prime minister as the others left down the hallway.

The two entered the room, sunlight beaming through the window illuminating the room. Two chairs were set up near the warmth of a fireplace to combat the chilling weather of the outside. "Please, have a seat prime minister," Canone said as he motioned his hand towards the seat. "I assume you have general concerns regarding this visit but before you begin, would you like something to drink?" Canone asked as he poured himself a small glass of champagne.

Dragao do Mar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragao do Mar » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:49 pm

"Well, I'm sure that after all the chaos the most sensible thing to do is pursuing reconciliation. You've been doing a great progress in that as I can see" Pinheiro responded to Mr. Canone yet inside the car. "Most of the work I'm doing in this month is related to some problems caused by the transition of government in Dragão do Mar and some international incidents. Apart from that, and our state meeting of course, nothing different is occupying a great time in my thoughts."

During the drive, Pinheiro got amazed by the unique architectural features of the Jimenean capital, and recognized some building from the last time he have been to Gran Teran in 2017. As their car went ahead, the vision of the marks of the violent conflict between Guadalupanas and Republicans left in the city have stunned him, as well as the vision of the people who lost everything due to the war. Pinheiro nodded to Canone after his remark, "I hope so" he said.

Arriving at the Peter Lee National Hearthstone, Pinheiro followed Canone and greeted the members of the College of Cardinals waiting for them. He greet Bishop Miguel Denalo and said "It is always a pleasure to me to be received the Jimenean people". As Hearn Canone showed to him classical artworks about Jimenean national heroes, he observed the art pieces with great attention and thought that the Jimeneans got plenty of reasons to be proud of their country.

As both leaders entered in the room, Pinheiro took the seat offered by Mr. Canone. "I'd like to have the same of you, please" responded Pinheiro with a smile "I indeed have some concerns, but I believe nothing can bee so urgent that it can impede two men from sharing a drink".

San Jimenez
Envoy

New York Times Democracy

Postby San Jimenez » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:50 pm

After a few minutes of exchanging small talk, Canone set his glass aside and asked the prime minister "Shall we begin? I would like to here you concerns and your stance on how we could properly address them."

Dragao do Mar
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Dragao do Mar » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:29 am

Pinheiro put his empty glass in a near desk and straighten up his posture in the chair. "Well, my dear friend Canone, as someone who supports peace and prosperity for allies of Dragão do Mar, I couldn't ignore the problems that the new constitution of San Jimenez can bring to your country and your population in the future. I confess that I received proposals to impose economic sanctions to San Jimenez, which I refused immediately" he said with serious expression "I believe that the bigger concerns of those who criticize the form that the Jimenean monarchy was established, and also my concerns, are the concentration of the executive power in our hands, as you are both Head of State and Head of Government, and your continuity as sovereign Hearn for the rest of your life. I imagine that you might be against the return of the republican system, but if at least the Jimenean monarch divided his powers with the figure of a Prime Minister elected by parliamentary majority, for example, I think other nations would be willing much more to work with San Jimenez during this new period. Don't you agree with me?"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents